[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Modern MtG General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 311
Thread images: 41

File: mm190_tem.jpg (301KB, 620x433px) Image search: [Google]
mm190_tem.jpg
301KB, 620x433px
Jam Thopter/Sword and Ancestral Vision Into Every Deck Edition
>>
>>46930752
does Ancestral Visions makes faeries better
>>
>>46930833
Yes, as well as merfolk, which is already good enough.
>>
>>46930856
does it make it worth it to play at fmn.
>>
>>46930864
Maybe? I don't honestly know yet.
One of my friends is testing with it, if it resolves I lose, but other than that it's not super impressive.
>>
>>46930886
do you have a list
>>
>>46930752
Wait until bump limit before making a new thread. Bump limit is 315 or so.

Also make a less shitty OP, yours attracts scrubs
>>
>>46930599
Yeah, I was trying to make a deck revolved around Emrakul, hence a lot of mana droppers to be able to summon him and counters/ tappers to keep my opponent at bay until I did.
The force away/griptide were mainly so the sky spawner could keep making scions thus giving me more mana. But I think somewhere along there I put in too many cards that were unnecessary, so I'll work on getting rid of them..
>>46930674
Nah you're good,I posted it here to get feedback. Working on the consistency right now.
>>
>>46931399
list?
>>
>>46930967
Sorry, I do not friend.
>>
>>46931478

>>46930384

Also any further advice would be nice as well..
:)
>>
>>46931523
Hard casting an emrakul is a futile endeavor, only the grindiest decks will ever get to enough mana consistently, even then, most grindy decks look to win before someone hard casts an emrakul.
>>
>>46931523
what is with all the one and two ofs
>>
File: 1459535250293.jpg (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1459535250293.jpg
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>46930833
Faeries is just bad Merfolk.
>>
>>46931579
Sorry, but what does hard casting mean?

>>46931613
I only have 1-2 copies of each card.
>>
File: KalitasTraitor.jpg (154KB, 722x540px) Image search: [Google]
KalitasTraitor.jpg
154KB, 722x540px
>First for Kleatis did nothing wrong
>Second for Kalitas being our savior
>>
>>46930886
>>46930967
It's blue's thoughtseize. Turn 1-2 it's insane but past turn 4 it's mediocre.The swing in card power is tremendous though but it really doesn't belong in every blue deck. You mostly need ways to cycle it out of your hand late game if you draw, or ways to not care about it late game if you do draw it
>>
Why are the primers for faeries shit.
>>
>>46931921
Because it's T4.
>>
>>46931722
Hard casting means casting a spell without using a a method to reduce it's cost, or without cheating it out.
>>
>>46931934
i thought it was t3?
>>
>>46932180
You're not allowed to win earlier in memedern
>>
>>46931399
If you want to play Emrakul you have to build around it by either ramping or cheating her into play. The only competitive deck that was able to reliably cast Emrakul was R/G Tron and even that deck is not played very much and is expensive as hell.

If you really want to play Emrakul and you are on a budget I recommend looking at a U/W Polymorph list. It seeks to cheat Emrakul into play by using the card Polymorph in a token. It also uses anthem effects for your tokens, a little bit of deck manipulation and control. It is not by any means competitive but it is able to steal wins from time to time and it is very cheap.

or would you rather build something else?
>>
>>46932265
"Tier 4" you numpty. Read the thread.
>>
>>46932345
It was a joke you retard
>>
>>46931921
Faeries just doesn't work with what it has available. Almost no card draw, it's a tempo deck that just isn't fast enough anymore.
>>
>>46932303
Thanks for the Emrakul tips, but I may go for a different deck possibly..
Any place I can see a good U/R list?
>>
>>46932807
Storm
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C3fCRtIhmnw

U/R Delver
http://www.mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/modern/developing-competitive-modern/559413-u-r-delver

there are cheap lists of Delver that are more aggro oriented without the Snapcasters and with Kiln Fiend, Monastery Swiftspear, and Stormchaser Mage.

have you played modern before? if you havent maybe this isn't the best place to start. maybe you want to go to a couple of drafts and maybe then try making a standard deck so you can get familiar with the game before jumping into modern.
>>
>>46933034
>Storm
>Good
>>
>>46932807
>good u/r list
Blue moon is the best
There's also 3 colour, like grixis control and gixis delver, or Jeskai control, Jeskai Kiki combo, or Temur Midrange and Temur aggro
Then there's bad u/r decks like, u/r fold into aether
>>
File: image.png (891KB, 1136x640px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
891KB, 1136x640px
>>46933497
Check out Brewspy, really nice and interactive streamer and he's been brewing decks using Brain.
My favorite brew of his is a splice/brain thoptersword with glittering wish.
he changes it up as he streams so it's always getting tweaked and tuned. Very fun to play imho

Check him out tho excellent stream
>>
So what do you guys think of modern no longer being in the pro tour?

Is it good or bad for the overall format?
>>
>>46931711
Your list is almost identical to mine, sideboard too. I prefer negates over the remands though, and I recently put 2 spellskites mainboard because of all the fucking boggles in my meta. They help with the few burn and zoo players as well.
>>
>>46934035
It means less stupid shit like "In the interest of diversifying the format, Splinter Twin, is banned."
>>
>>46934035
there was a channelfireball article that made some very good points about why it shouldnt be a pro tour format.

it pretty much said that one of the main reasons pro tours existed is because they work as big commercials for the new sets. while this is true for standard it isn't for modern. wotc doesn't make up in booster sales what they lost organizing the modern pro tour so it was natural that they were going to seek to make them profitable.

hence they made modern a rotating format. enter splinter twin ban, OGW, the Eldrazi menace, etc.

so yes, its better for modern to stay off the pro tour.
>>
>>46933891
sean is a good guy tbph

>>46934035
pro tour is a showcase for new product. modern shouldn't have ever been a pt format. modern remains a premier-level event format, though. this means modern ptq/rptq/gp are still live and will continue to be the bread and butter of competitive modern events.
>>
File: rude.png (1MB, 1920x1042px) Image search: [Google]
rude.png
1MB, 1920x1042px
>delvlets
when will they learn?
>>
File: RuneflareTrap.jpg (39KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
RuneflareTrap.jpg
39KB, 223x310px
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/american-owling/

Working on this Jeskai control deck for Modern. Lots of draw effects and ways to punish the opponent, I'm considering including Paradox Haze or Rule of Law.
>>
Ayyy yall niggas see the new saffronolive R/G stone rain deck?

Premise is simple enough, you
Ready deck is 1 drop mana dorks, 3 drop stone rain effects you ramp into and start dropping on t2, and the finishing blow comes from goblin dark-dwellers and inferno titan as your top end. Looks like a very interesting budget deck that isn't just "burn without the good cards" or "goblins without goblin guide"
>>
File: GDD Midrange.png (1MB, 1758x805px) Image search: [Google]
GDD Midrange.png
1MB, 1758x805px
>>46935793
ponza isn't exactly new and i've been abusing GDD for quite some time now. that being said i have a boner for stone rain decks and appreciate his take on it.
>>
>>46929905

Wrexial is just too fun. It has decent evasion with Islandwalk and Swampwalk, can't be blocked at all regardless of lands with Stormtide out and you get to cast whatever instant or sorcery the opponent has cast before even if the hit doesn't connect. FREE paths / bolts / inquisitions. Simic is good but I don't feel like replacing any of the others.
>>
>>46935793
What do you do when they just dont fetch until they need mana?
>>
>>46936676
you can blow up at least their turn 1 land. if that weren't the case you can just keep playing ramp spells anyways
>>
File: 1461410112529.jpg (32KB, 476x687px) Image search: [Google]
1461410112529.jpg
32KB, 476x687px
Anyone here play lantern control? What's the matchups like? Seems like fun deck and I should have most of the pieces for it
>>
>>46934676
I love delver, without a good free counter however, I am shit out of luck.
>>
>>46937347
Tempo doesn't exist in modern
>>
So how did you guys get into Modern? I'm trying to get in and the prices for decks can get pretty scary. Did you guys just save up everything and got it in one go or did you guys get stuff in pieces over time?
>>
>>46937609
Pieces over time and before the price spikes. This format will die because wizards never controlled the secondary market and reprinted lots of cards
>>
>>46937609
I've been building Affinity over time and now I'm only missing one Mox Opal and an Arcbound Ravager. I've been playing Red Deck Wins meanwhile.

What you can do is buy a budget version of a competitive deck and upgrade it over time. These are pretty good examples.

http://www.mtggoldfish.com/series/budget-magic
>>
>>46937609
Christmas money and other savings, built it in batches over 2 months. Also managed to sneak in alot of cards before they doubled in price like Chord and Resto Angel
>>
>>46936947
The amount of success you have with the deck is inversely correlated with the amount of efficient answers your opponents pack, once you get the basics down it's very hard to fuck up piloting the deck so you hardly ever get to pat yourself in the backl for the right plays, unless you glutch yourself a Bridge with some Ghost Quarter+Surgical Extraction deck thinning shenanigans.

Does the top card interact with your lock? y/n can you deal with it with what you have in hand+board? y/n mill or don't, repeat

Best matchups are slow control decks that only pack answers in the form of snapcaster getting back cryptic or sideboard hate, worst matchups are Infect, Burn, (8rack since you dump your own hand and have little ways to remove rack effects) and any similar fast aggro you can't stabilize against fast enough. Even Merfolk post-board can be rough if they bring in 4 Hurkyl's Recall and n Echoing Truths and you don't get the lock online fast enough.

The deck gets pretty stale after a while unless you're into bottling salty tears and it punishes for mistakes _hard_.
>>
>>46936545
wrexial's effect triggers upon combat damage? But anyways that's fair, i really just personally prefer sky swallower as a card and as long as you get the quest online it probably isn't super important what dudes you drop besides stormtide

>>46937609
i built a rogue deck and only play at lgs, and like other anons gradually upgraded over time. i spent maybe 250 and am borrowing about $90 worth. it's not quite optimized yet but it does ok. it definitely helped that i had some of the cards before they spiked.
>>
>>46937672
>>46937681
>>46937853
>>46938044

Like I wanna build GW Hatebears but the price for things like Hierarchs, Spellskites, Cocos, and the land base drive the price up way high. If I drop all that I can get the deck for about $250(and my budget right now is around $200-240) so its manageable, but just some of the other decks that I was looking at are just really expensive. Right now I'm thinking of just doing some sort of GW good stuff atm since I have 3 fetches and a playset of the GW shadowland right now and figure I can do something halfway decent for $250.
>>
>>46938044

Huh, I've been reading Wrexial wrong. Might try Simic after all all.
>>
>>46937993
Cool thank you!
>>
>>46930833

Ancestral Visions doesn't make anything better

Cascade is not an archetype anymore, guys
>>
>>46937609

Playing Draft and Standard for ten years
>>
How do you build a good deck? I know there are like 3-9 good modern decks out there that are consistent but I want to be a unique snow flake.
>>
>>46938708

You can't possibly build a good deck without having played the format for a while first. You need to know the speed of the format, what answers to your threats people carry in their decks and a vast knowledge of what cards exist so you don't end up using some shitty card that can be strictly inferior to another when in your deck. Otherwise, you just end up with a tier 60 shitbrew.
>>
>>46930833
Technically yes. But the problem with playing Faeries is that you're playing with Faeries.
>>
Hey ive got a question with brain in a jar, if i use clockspinning/vampire hexmage/proliferate to turn their counters down/up before they cast they spell does it force them to cast it at he current counters, or whatever it increased to before fucking shit up.
>>
>>46939033
Changing the number of counters on Brain does mess with casting a spell. Putting a charge counter is part of the ability, not the cost. Brai checks counters on resolution.
>>
>>46937609
Find friends who ll let you borrow cards. Or buy into a budget deck. There are a couple decent ones. Some can be upgraded over time (affinity, burn, infect), some will reward you somewhat with increasingly good performance if you master them (utron), and some are just retard-cheap (stompy)
>>
File: 635611295667930942.png (197KB, 318x445px) Image search: [Google]
635611295667930942.png
197KB, 318x445px
how do you guys get good deals on magic cards?

I'm trying to skulk ebay but when i see a good deal I get suspicious, any advice on finding good deals?
>>
>>46938708
Endless testing and reiteration. You'll either find your brews performance cap (not necessarily below a competitive level if you build well) or it will converge towards an existing deck.
>>
>>46939197
thanks anon, now if only you could drop the counters during the ability so you could get an instant ancestral visions
>>
Hey guys i need some high cmc spell bombs that are kinda game ending modern legal can i get some suggestions its for a brew im doing any color
>>
I have had a dream of getting sacred foundry from pucatrade, but all this waiting has been in vain. Half year, and I have got nothing from my list.

This sucks.
>>
>>46939399
emerakul
>>
>>46937609
I started at Khans standard just after RTR rotated so I had the shocks and just got off color fetches for budget UWR Delver with mantis riders and terrible shit like that
>>
>>46939399
Thundermaw hellkite,aetherling, Craterhoof, Eldrazi titans in general, Sun titian, Primeval titian, Dragonlord Ojutai, Keranos, God of Storms, Ruric Thar, the Unbowed, Griselbrand, Avacyn (any of them can do decent but only the new one is realistic), Hornet Queen, and
Xenagos, God of Revels.
>>
>>46939413
I had a dream of looking up how pucatrade works, but then I remember I'm in a tiny remote country and shit like that never works here.
>>
>>46938082
The only reason to run GW over just W is because of coco so either fold and buy them or just build mono W
Mono W is cheaper and probably better anyway
>>
>>46938666 #
HOLY SHIT YOU'RE COOL DUDE! NICE FUCKING COMMENT BRO, VERY VERY CONSTRUCTIVE!
Buying a rope and finding a sturdy post to hang from is cheaper than Magic, faggot.
>>
>>46938708
Play Zooicide, odds are no one else at your LGS has a big enough dick to run it
>>
>>46939519
No, the reason for playing GW over W is to have hierarch on board. If we are talking the same deck, the ability to have tempo bonus to hit into 3cmc creatures on turn 2 is massive + having the ability to get arbiter on board + GQ.

And by tradition, GW decks have been better than monoW. There is a reason why you might sometimes see GW in top8 isntead of monoW decks.
>>
>>46939567
You seem upset. The Guy was answering a question.
>How did you get into Modern
>Playing Standard for 10 years

It's not bad advice, really. Play Standard, trade standard playable for modern playable, build up a deck from store credit and trades. Why does this fluster you so?
>>
>>46939337
Buy in playsets to reduce costs usually, I've been going to my lgs for 5 years or so and know the owners seeing as I'm a regular and decent at the game so they'll usually give me a discount.
It's not what you know it's who you know
>>
>>46939620
No one had 10 years to play standard to maybe get into modern, the game doesn't have that much time left to it, so your little piece of advice was just a waste. Besides I find that modern and standard are different ball games entirely seeing as modern actually has combo decks that reliably kill on turn 4 or early and standard has recently been balanced to not do anything close. Also draft is a waste of money so bad advice.
0/10 die please
>>
>>46939604
I mean sure dropping something t2 can be a tempo swing but thw mono W one is cheaper because no fetches/shocks unless you are playing with basics. I like the mono W one more (and the BW one even more, especially with AV running around)
>>
>>46939698
>Draft is a waste of money.

Magic is a waste of money. We literally pay thousands of dollars to play a children's game. Everything we do is a waste of money.

Hell, I'd bet all the cash I've ever spent on this crap game that it will still be around for the next 25 years. Every set for the past 5 years has sold better than the one before. Tournament participation is up, MTGO community is growing, online streams are very popular. There's almost no reason to think it won't be around for at least another 10+ years.
>>
Former GR Tron player here. Looking for a new deck to sink my teeth into. Taking Turns looks like fun. Can any experience pilots here recommend me a base list?
>>
>>46939849
Play Jund
>>
>>46939849
Why don't you just keep at it with Tron? All the MUs that were byes still are, thopter combos are a bye, control still folds to Sanctum of Ugin grabbing an Emrakul.
>>
>>46939912
Been there, done that. Still have the Deathrites and BBs left over from it. I want to fuck around in the T2-3 bracket for a while.
>>
>>46940044
I've been playing the deck for a long time and I feel like it's been thrown into disarray after the eye ban. I cannot tell you how much cognitive dissonance I feel when I see maps and scrying after getting the engine online. I'll return to it later but for now, it's time for a change of pace.
>>
>>46940113
Just stick in Minderslaver+UG shock+Academy Ruins package in if you really need to put all your tutors to maximum use. Hell, even Urza's Factory stabilizes enough against fair decks for you to topdeck any business spell.
>>
>>46940286
W-why can't I try new things anon? Did I join a cult and not realize it? Is death the only true escape?
>>
are there ANY cards that can alter the speed of a sorcery?
>>
>>46940433
Quicken.
>>
>>46940433
Several. Leyline of anticipation, hypersonic dragon, quicken. You can also search Google/ gatherer / any number of MTG apps like a real person.
>>
>>46940427
Play BUG infect, it is awesome
>>46940433
Vedalken Orrery, Prophet of Kruphix
>>
>>46940486
yeah I tried, I was missing the wording they use "as if they had flash"

thanks guys
>>
is leyline of anticipation ever a good include if it's less than a set of 4?
it's either 2 x leyline or 2 x Vedalken Orrery.
hypersonic dragon is a close third.

I'm fucking off after this question, sorry.
>>
>>46939698
>advice

You asked a question, dipshit, and he answered. Nowhere in your post did you ask for advice on how you should start.
>>
>>46940628
It's generally a poor idea to enable your spells in that way. The spells you choose should be good already and not require a boost in efficiency. Leyline does nothing on its own and is dead in multiples.
>>
>>46940628
If you want to cast your spells at instant speed, run instants or cards with flash. If the cards you've chosen aren't getting the job done with out instant speed and require enabling, I would recommend you take a step back and reexamine things. Additionally, if you just want to make good cards better, that's what we call winmore.
>>
File: SaltyBananas.jpg (22KB, 354x416px) Image search: [Google]
SaltyBananas.jpg
22KB, 354x416px
>>46939567
>>46939698
>be this guy
>cant english and doesnt afraid of anything
>5\7 shitposting
>wears a helmet in public
>has his own bus
I expect nothing less for the caliber of player in modern
>>
File: MEGA.png (461KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
MEGA.png
461KB, 1920x1080px
>>46937609
i bought UWR Midrange in October 2013, then transitioned into UR Twin. Recently due to UNFORESEEN EVENTS I'm playing BWR Midrange >>46936118
and UWR Nahiri (pic), but I have all the pieces for every deck that isn't Robots or a Tron variant as far as paper is concerned.
>>
>>46941048
>>46941123
>Additionally, if you just want to make good cards better, that's what we call winmore.
that was the idea, trying to get more utility out of Sleep, Act on Impulse, and dragon fodder.

can that idea then?
>>
>>46936676
you win because you've timewalked 3-4 turns?
>>
>>46941336
That's what I would suggest. Sorry man.
>>
>>46941369
nah sall good, thanks for the advice.
>>
>>46939849
Taking Turns is more for having a sicknasty and flavorful solitaire, it's fun if you like combo but generally you can't sink your teeth into it. It's more about trying not to whiff than anything.

If you really want a deck to sink your teeth into, try Kiki chord. You can add tech or fun cards anytime you want to mix things up (I'm thinking of adding a single bellringer for a 3cmc resto)
There's so many lines of play and it's very jack-of-all-trades. Chording for sb cards feels good too.

I'm not sure how viable it is but I've been testing a brewed 5c Bring to Light Kiki, with Glittering Wish and a couple Chord. I don't recommend it though, but regular ol' Kiki is great
>>
Alright guys, effay neckbeard here, I want the most V A P O R W A V E deck possible. Either in actual aesthetic or something that I can have local artists alter to be V A P O R W A V E but the cards have the right flavor
>>
>>46942472
Zombie hunt.
>>
>>46942472
I don't even know what flavor vaporwave entails. It's a microgenre? Sounds like chill electronica I guess, I dunno not really my thing but I wouldn't mind it as background music.

Eggs maybe, or jeskass
>>
>>46942741
eh. That's not really hitting it for me. I wouldn't mind jamming things like future sight goyfs, as their frame is the apex to mtg frames; therefore, the VAporWAVe of mtg. But not sure where to go from there as far as cards with the perfect aesthetic.
>>46942828
You're getting it now.
>>
>>46937609
One piece of advice i can give is to get good at reading your local meta and deckbuilding. There are "bad" decks out there that will crush some of the bestdecks in modern.

I brewed a cheap smallpox deck that uses Molten Vortex and Life From the Loam. It is great against control, good against aggro, but terrible against Living End.
>>
>>46942940
gonna need a list mate
>>
>>46942472
What in the name of christian god and jesus are you fucking talking about son? What the hell is vaporwave? Some kind of sex jelly? You filthy sodomites disgust me
>>
>>46942957
I dont have one handy yet but it uses playsets of
Molten vortex
Life from the loam
Smallpox
Faithless looting
Lingering souls
Bloodghast
And it also uses cards like
Ravens crime
Terminate
Abrupt decay
Pryoclasm
Ensnaring bridge

Of course, some of those cards are not cheap, but they can be replaced with cheaper versions (like anger ofthe gods for ensnaring bridge) or omitted entirely. You could add Commune with the Gods, too, if you dont have enough of the cards and want to dig for the MVortex LftL combo
>>
>>46942472
Whatever the actual cards you put in are, make sure they're all Chinese fakes.
>>
>>46943066
Oh no, this seems super cool. I'd want to run a playset of flagstone of trokair to combo with smallpox
>>
>>46930833
Treasure Cruise made Faeries better too you FUCKING retard.
>>
>>46942856
With zombiehunt you can start to reveal basic lands after basic lands after basic lands after.....

And then glitch when you hit another hunt. Or you start to hit zombies on battlefield with infestation on vaporwave beat after discarding basic land after basic land after basic land.
>>
Why does the netdecking argument still exist? You aren't some beautiful creative mastermind because your deck isn't in the top 8 list. Your deck is just a tool with which you construct your game.

If you really want to make yourself show as a player, do it through lines of play, through player-to-player interactions, hell do a cosplay. But don't say that somebody is a mindless drone because they sat down down a mostly standard Infect list.
>>
>>46943066
I brewed the Vortex Loam control list a while back before Twin was banned and honestly, blue works WAY better than black in the deck. You're basically playing Twin except instead of going infinite, you reach a point where your opponent can no longer have a board presence and you're slowly burning him down. It had a fantastic matchup against Twin because 2 Vortex activations killed any of his shit and he can't interact with activated abilities. Not to mention that Thought Scour not only digs for Loam, but also protects your Loams against targeted yard hate like Surgical Extraction since you can dredge back to hand in response. Aggro matchups weren't even that bad since Vortex can get to work turn 2.
>>
>>46943214
I've waited so long for you. You are the chosen one. The poster the prophecy called for. The shitposter.
How long I have waited to post this photo. And you, sweet price, have delivered unto me the opportunity. Thank you. noone gives a fuck if you needed or not.
>>
>>46943186
>TC
>Faeries
hahaha
>>
>>46943272
I said it made the deck better. It did it by watering down the Faeries plan.
>>
>>46943272
t1 fetch up a swamp or watery grave, inquisition - t2 maybe a spell pierce or serum visions or both - or even flash in a spellstuter sprite to block something while also fucking off a lightning bolt. Eh i can see it. It wouldn't do a TC as fast as delver or scapeshift would for example, but it could certainly pull it off.

>>46943256
Not b8-ing. People still argue about netdecking all the time. I find it silly.
>>
>>46943299
the deck that loved TC was delver, not faeries.
>>
>>46934035
Ok i'll tell you exactly what happened.
They made eldrazi so good unintentionaly
Then everybody watched the pro tour because of the shocking news about this new set
People bought more
They reason that twich screen time sold cards
They want more screen time for new product
>>
>>46943328
It made every blue deck better, it's just that Delver took better advantage of the card. That's kind of my point. Sure Visions would make Faeries better. But it makes Delver even better than that.
>>
File: 228.jpg (50KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
228.jpg
50KB, 312x445px
>>46942472

Tron.
>>
>>46941329
>playing Emerica MEGA
>no Wall of Hope

Anon, you had one fucking job
>>
File: Nahiri.png (132KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
Nahiri.png
132KB, 223x311px
>>46943414
Wall of Hope isn't Modern-legal, friendo. I heavily considered Wall of Omens, but it didn't feel like it fit well when I was testing. It's still not off the table entirely, being that I could be dead wrong about not including it. It's just not in at the moment.

I mean I could make it a Resto Angel deck and do stupid shit like flicker Emrakul so it doesn't bounce at End Step but that will require more testing.
>>
>>46943619
Why do you keep posting your shitty version of Jeskai control every thread?
>>
>>46943619
Now I feel stupid because I was convinced Wall of Omen's name was Wall of Hope

also, I got the playset Nahiri+1Emmy in my binder right now and can't decide how to build the deck
Wall of Omens however will be an autoinclude for me
I was also thinking about keeping Emrakul in play via either flickering or Oblivion RIng/Journey
with Wall I am definitely leaning towards a flicker subtheme
>>
>>46943762
venser superfriends?
>>
>>46943738
it doesn't matter why we post. what matters is our list.
>>
>>46943250
Thats a good point about playing blue over black, fyou get some really good options to work with. Remand seems very fitting and you can also have some fun with Trade Routes. The reason i stick with black is that Smallpox is such a devastating card in almost every matchup. Bloodghast and Lingering Souls are also really good with L ftL.

Maybe ill try out blue sometime. Got a list?
>>
File: 235325.png (5MB, 2232x3118px) Image search: [Google]
235325.png
5MB, 2232x3118px
What do you think about a deck like this?

http://tappedout.net/mtg-deckpaste/27-04-16-dCH-none/

It's fairly affordable when you replace Scalding Tarns with khans fetches, the qestion is how good it is.
>>
Why won't pox be a viable deck in modern ;-;
>>
>>46943945
You always post the same list and it's always Jeskai control with a shitty manabase and 5 dead cards jammed in. Why?
>>
>>46945388
Because prison strategies and resource denial violate the spirit of creatures: the tappening. Why should a 50 cent uncommon beat a $150 mythic goyf? Think with your wallet goy!
>>
>>46945127
Dwlver is dead, move on with your life
>>
>>46945545
>tfw i found out about pox before i knew what formats were

I fell in love with the deck so much i skipped every format and built it for legacy. I love it brehs ;-; i recommend Legacy to everyone. The one place you can play whatever strategy you want.
>>
has anyone messed around with Manifest? I'd like to see lists that build around that mechanic
>>
>>46945932
You can play the cloudform +emrakul+blink deck. But its not good.
>>
>>46945932
i dont think there is enough support for it yet.
>>
Guys I was thinking about brewing a deck that is a combination of Green Devotion and Summer Bloom. Basically the optimal play is

T1: Arbor Elf
T2: Utopia Sprawl, Garruk Wildspeaker
T3: Primeval Titan, fetch Slayer's Stronghold, swing, fetch more
T4: Cast a big finisher with haste

is this possible or is it too janky? I think something could be made with other support cards that help when you don't get the insane play.
>>
>http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/14-06-15-robots/

How's my affinity list? Is 2x master of etherium, 1x etched champion a good idea? Should I move to 4x master? Is 3x galvanic blast too much?
>>
>>46946607
Straight up green devotion just sounds better. Or scapeshift.
>>
>>46946607
If you want to do the utopia sprawl w/ land untappers gimmick just play tooth and nail.
>>
>>46946607
If you're going to use Prime Time just use Scapeshift and hit them for a lot with Valakut
>>
>>46946619
>>http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/14-06-15-robots/
>Is 3x galvanic blast too much?

It really depends on your local meta but in my experience you never wanna draw non-artifact spells in your opening seven because you don't get the explosive plays. Now that Eldrazi is gone I think theres even less need for that much spot removal in Affinity, given that your creatures all have evasion. So, on my opinion I think you dont want more than 3 of either Galvanic Blast or Thoughtcast.
>>
File: Emerica.png (1MB, 1741x725px) Image search: [Google]
Emerica.png
1MB, 1741x725px
>>46945437
>elder grognard cant into baneposting

i shouldn't have to spell this out for you, but since you need to be lead by the hand then i'll tell you why: because i can. nothing that you do will ever stop me. you can hate me all you want from way over there but you can't ever shut me up. look, here. i'll post it again. BAM! posted it again. what are you gonna do about it?
>>
>>46946721
Would be great if scapeshift wasn't a $50 card
>>
Is this terrible?

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/27-04-16-fzJ-uwr-control/
>>
>>46946941
Meh
>>
>>46934676
What program is this?
>>
File: 1364855207435.gif (1MB, 280x280px) Image search: [Google]
1364855207435.gif
1MB, 280x280px
>>46947265
>>
>>46947265
Mtg online you casual
D I E
I
E
>>
File: Capture.png (1MB, 936x898px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
1MB, 936x898px
Bit new to magic, completely new to deckbuilding. Can I make a decent modern deck out of this while keeping the land destruction and keeping it mono-red? I only play casually so not shown are sulfuric vortexes and a couple fireblasts. But if I could keep it modern (and relatively cheap). that'd be good.
>>
Does anyone have a MTGO bot? I'm thinking about starting one for fun.
>>
>>46947490
Don't play modern on a budget play pauper or standard or edh
>>
>>46946758
>removal
I uh... Have mostly been using it for face damage. Is that wrong? It's just super sweet being able to kill them that much quicker, or using it to kill them when they think they are safe at 4. A dude dismembered my master of etherium, brought himself to 4 and I killed him.
>>
>>46939698
/b/ is leaking so badly that the autists are starting to become bold.
>>
>>46940044
Thopter combo isn't a bye.
I played thopter combo last week and completely reamed every tron player.
>>
>>46940505
>Prophet of Kruphix
wrong
>>
>>46947697
Normally you would hold gal blast to kill an important creature. It is entirely correct to burn their face if you intend to kill them. But don't just gal blast them when they're at 18 life because "lol free damage". Gal blast should only go to face when it's lethal (if or they would make you discard it or something)
>>
>>46942472
What up.

I'm pretty usually dressed in Raf Simons, Rick Owens, so I feel I can handle this.

There's a few ways to go about, if you really want vaporwave, you need blue tron.

But if you're like me and Julius/Yohji as fuck, you play Jund or Abzan.

M I D R A N G E.
>>
>>46947860
I don't blast them right away usually, but for games i actually need the removal i like to use the 3x Dispatch in my side. I see your point though. I suppose i can move to 2x blast to add another creature.
>>
File: Avacyn_disapoint.jpg (77KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
Avacyn_disapoint.jpg
77KB, 265x370px
>>46930752
reminder that NETDECKING is for faggots who can't make a decklist for shit
reminder that NETDECKING is why formats such as modern are solved and boring to watch
reminder that NETDECKING is why modern doesn't have a protour anymore
>>
>>46948264
Give me one reasonable action that could be taken to prevent netdecking.

You. Fucking. Cant. It's entirely fucking natural for people to research the best strategies to use when they plunge into a hobby. Hunters buy well reviewed optics, Fishermen will look up and use the best equipment. Magic players will look up the top performing decks and emulate them. There's literally nothing you can do to stop the quest to achieve efficient performance. It's one of the core traits of competition. stop whining you little shit
>>
>>46948563
>>46948264

I come from fighting games, so I kinda of just think of it as picking a character to play.

Everyone that plays the character has the same tools, but it's about how you as the player play etc etc.
>>
>>46948775
Tbh fighting games have considerably more depth and a far greater skill ceiling than mtg. Mtg, in a situation where the players are of equal skill and know each other's deck lists, will usually come down to RNG. Who draws better. The biggest skill factor in the game is deciding to mulligan or keep.
>>
>>46947490
Short answer, no.
Long answer, yes with some adjustments. That land hate is going in the sb

I'd go like this:
-4 stone rain
-3 reforge the soul
-4 molten rain
-4 crack the earth
-4 reverberate

+4 lava spike
+4 monastery swiftspear
+4 rift bolt
+4 ash zealot
+2 searing blood
+1 shard volley

If you don't like shard volley, add more searing blood, if you like it trim a few ball lightning.

Searing blazes work too, and you can swap ash zealot for hellspark (but dont use both)

You can viably play molten rain and reverberate in the sb (reverberate vs Scapeshift is hilarious)

You can realistically go 5-0 at your local fnm with that Red Deck Wins list I mentioned, and it'll probably only cost 40$
>>
I just built Eldrazi and Taxes on mtgo. How is this deck so cheap there? I can't stop butt fucking every matchup
>>
>>46949729
Everything is cheap on MTGO because Wotc has no problem increasing the digital card supply.
>>
>>46950312
mostly cheap. there are outliers such as rishadan port. i just like modo because the money filter keeps scrubs out for the most part and i can play whenever i have time without having to work it out with my friends' schedules.
>>
>>46950361
I've never really been able to convince myself to buy into mtgo because I mostly play for the social aspect. I've been considering it more and more lately though
>>
>>46949001
...and sideboarding.

>>46948264
What a troll, but I still bite. Those "netdecks" are lists how the certain build shapes into be. Some people may have started with different build, but eventually have shaped into those "netdecks", because they are optimal.
>>
>>46950544
SideboardING can be pretty braindead depending on the match up. The only hard part is deciding what to cut for your sideboard cards and that's not always terribly hard either.
>>
>>46950945
I refer to sideboarding as building the sideboard and actually sideboarding in game. I suppose it's pretty braindead in modern, while it can take into weird metagame in legacy.
>>
>>46942472
affinity is pretty vaporwave. just look at the palettes on glimmervoid and etched champion

>>46947924
i would think yohji fits more into the bug side of liliana midrange decks.

>>46947490
4 valakut seems like too much.
i'd cut reverberate for hellspark elemental or more creatures so you consistently have sac targets for invasion and crack. Also, how are you going to get enough mountains to trigger valakut in time with only 21 lands? Oh also consider goblin rabblemaster somewhere
>>
Completely new to magic. I know if I draw 7 initially, and don't get any lands, I can reshuffle and draw 6, 5, etc. but if at any point I don't have enough land to play anything, but have 7 cards, what can I do?
>>
>>46952708
Make your deck better...
>>
>>46948264
>one anon above tries to make discussion about netdecking, gets called a shitposter
>another anon spams capslocks and uses insults that provoke a defensive response, guaranteed replies ensue.
Dood thread.
>>
>>46952793
But what if that happens?
>>
>>46952708
If you're new to magic why are you in the modern general...? Go to standard or casual you fucking pick
>>
>>46952945
>new
>implying limited knowledge
>don't know the difference between modern, casual, standards
>>
>>46952931
Mull until you have lands, scry is it a land? Yes keep on top, no bottom
>>
>>46952708
You can mulligan even if you have lands in hand.
>>
>>46952959
>>46953071
Thank you. But what if I'm mid game, 2 lands out, none in hand, and only have creatures that are all 3+ drops?
>>
>>46953335
you loose
>>
>>46953335
You mulligan as part of the start of the game (shuffle, draw hand, mulligan etc). If you have started the game, you're too late to mulligan. Thats why you get cards that let you draw more etc
>>
>>46952708
When you draw your initial hand you may, for any reason take a mulligan, which means you shuffle your hand back into your deck then draw 6 cards, you may repeat this, reducing your hand size down to 1, but at 1 you must keep. Then, if you have mulliganned and decided to keep a hand with less than 7 cards you may scry 1.

In the middle of a game if you have 7 cards in hand and no land then there's nothing you can do about it, mulligans are only allowed before the game begins.
>>
is hypersonic dragon runnable in anything?
>>
>>46953410
Commander and Kitchen Table
>>
File: image:94352.jpg (74KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
image:94352.jpg
74KB, 312x445px
What are your guys opinions on Wild Nacatl in Burn. I currently run it and its the best turn 1 play almost always. I really like the card but I also liked just going straight RW for a less painful mana base.
>>
>>46954980
Good: bolt on a stick, fits burns curve
Bad: no haste so it's a bad topdeck, can be interacted with so it can potentially whiff. life loss for mirror match.
>>
File: ewwefwweww.gif (994KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
ewwefwweww.gif
994KB, 500x281px
>>46954980
The objective of burn is to be FAAAST. FAST AS POSSIBLE. I think naya burn is better than RW burn overall, despite the manabase self harm. You just got to play with it in mind that you have to kill them before you kill yourself. Think of your deck as a racecar. Your car is falling apart but damn it you are going to cross that finish line.
>>
>>46955100
Yeah it makes some insane openings where its hitting along with a couple guides turn two for huge amounts and threating to do it next turn again.
I cut it in the mirror match and sideboard in heavily against burn. Nacatal isnt too bad because it gets around firewalkers protection but thats too niche to matter usually.
>>
>>46955137
Yeah i agree. Very few losses have been due to the manabase killing me. Nacatl can threaten to hit for 6 throughout a game and for the one green you pay for it thats pretty insane. If they bolt it its fine too cause it just means youre other creatures have less bolts to worry about. Cant have all the removal in the world, and Nacatl dodges Pyroclasm.
>>
>>46955172
Not only that, but in the mirror the guy on the draw has a bigger chance of winning the more cards he can remove. If you can consistently bolt/blaze their guys, the extra draw can outweight the tempo of the guy whos going first.

Vexing Devil is the R/W counterpart, same downsides but he gives the same "omg best turn 1" feels

I personally don't run Nacatyl but I respect it as a red card. It can deal 6 damage, maybe 9 damage, usually 3-2 damage or it can die on the spot.
I'd rather a lavamancer, but if they can't answer the kitty he does indeed do work.
>>
>>46955582
Yeah. Ive been practicing the Burn mirror a lot. Won it 2-0 last tournament. Im getting good at maintainining the initiative and making the opponent answer me. I even won through a firewalker I couldnt answer.
>>
>>46931711
Are you seriously only running Wanderwine Hub because it's flavorful? Not that there's anything wrong with that...
>>
>>46956361
Choke
>>
>>46956606
It does make you slightly more vulnerable to Blood Moon though, and lets them see one of your cards. Though I can't imagine somebody playing Blood Moon against a mono colored deck. Ok fine I think I defeated my own argument. Hope you're happy.
>>
>>46930752
I am buying living end
What are my matchups like? I would imagine good vs Bogles, BG/x, Fish, Delver, Tron and bad vs Burn, Zoo, Affinity and infect
Also can I play ancestral Visions in it?
>>
>>46957777
>ancestral visions in living end
>giving yourself literally anything to cascade into than the meme gimmick of your meme gimmick deck

Maybe you're not ready for this deck.
>>
>>46957777
>Also can I play ancestral Visions in it?
Do your research. Read primers. They'll even have matchup analysis.

The answer is no. Your homework is to find why.
>>
File: 1460200006109.jpg (40KB, 680x848px) Image search: [Google]
1460200006109.jpg
40KB, 680x848px
>>46957777
>wanting to cascade into a draw spell instead of your main win condition
Come on senpai.
>>
>>46957920
>>46957943
God damn, this autism
Obviously drawing cards is better, haven't you played MTG before?
>>
>>46958040
I second this. You could draw something really good, like another violent outburst!
>>
>>46939419
>>46939468
Thanks m8's I found my answer in boribori and nicolbolas though after looking through your options
>>
When will mana tithe be banned?
>>
File: helloreddit.png (221KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
helloreddit.png
221KB, 1366x768px
>>46937347
>2016
>not forcing 4x disrupting shoal li
>>
The pauper thread has literally 0 active posters so ill post here

What do you think of my pauper deck?

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/pauper-elfspam/

Built around using Presence of Gond on Midnight guard while Essence Warden or Soul's Attendant is out. Infinite tokens and life
>>
>>46959163

>monkey grow
>traverse package

My nigga. You on the primer?
>>
>>46959163
Only 1 Snap? Is Curiosity even worth the slot?
>>
>>46959191
Get a job and play a real format
>>
>>46959191
>nobody gives a shit about what I'm posting so I'll start posting it somewhere else
>>
>>46959276
fuck off, i have literally over 20,000 cards and thousands of dollars in cards, there's nothing wrong with making a pauper deck when you've played every other format too presumptive cunt
>>
>>46930833
Not significantly. Sucks to play turn 1, increasingly irrelevant later.
>>
>>46959191
Worse elfball.
Also worse sisters.
>>
File: Screenshot_20160428-014542.jpg (573KB, 1230x1291px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20160428-014542.jpg
573KB, 1230x1291px
>>46959191
>>
>>46931921
The primers were written for Extended mostly, that and a lot of them are written by net deckers who have no idea how to improve the list
>>
File: vlcsnap-2016-04-12-21h14m22s738.png (414KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2016-04-12-21h14m22s738.png
414KB, 1280x720px
>>46930752
Going to my first flg draft tomorrow, what should I expect?

Am I a fag for liking White cards complimented by blue?
>>
I have a budget junk deck, it's kinda strong, most junk cards are cheap outside of goyf and lili. It's kinda bad, but it's not 'fun' enough for the JFF rooms.

Where do I go? I get stomped pretty bad in 'Getting Serious'.
>>
>>46960295
>Thoughtseize
>Abrupt Decay
>Bob
>Inquisition
>enemy fetches
>cheap

what are you running?
>>
>>46960454
On modo, yes.
>>
>>46960454
Yeah, I'm pretty much playing g/w aggro splashing black for rhino.
>>
File: well whatever.jpg (15KB, 460x288px) Image search: [Google]
well whatever.jpg
15KB, 460x288px
>mfw on the play and my turn 1 moon eats a disrupting shoal
>>
>>46960596
Turn 1 moon decks: sometimes it's fun to just roll a dice to figure out who wins!
>>
>>46960486
Play wilt-leaf liege instead
>>
File: shitabzan428.jpg (387KB, 1656x588px) Image search: [Google]
shitabzan428.jpg
387KB, 1656x588px
>>46960811
D-don't laugh.

Just been picking up what I could for cheap. Getting Finks > other PtEs and Abrupt Decays > Shocks > Allied Fetches > SB stuff and eventually Voice and Heirarch. Not going to bother with Verdant Catacombs.
>>
File: 2016-04-28-12-29-25-2110743919.png (3KB, 310x162px) Image search: [Google]
2016-04-28-12-29-25-2110743919.png
3KB, 310x162px
>>46960596

>3 goblin guides and one land in opening hand on the play
>mountain on the first draw
>>
>>46960762
With Tron I just laugh and proceed to crack O-Stone ont turn 5 against their anemic clock and land Ulamog the next.
>>
>>46960890
How are you liking the Charms? They seem slow and color intensive for your deck. I would put Putrefy on the sideboard because you already have mainboard hate for artifacts with Pridemage. Other than that I think it looks alright for a budget build.

Consider Fleecemane Lion as a budget two-drop. Also, Knight of the Reliquary is a great three-drop and maybe add Dismember as a one or two of.
>>
>>46963880
It's saved me and won me games. But I mostly use sign in blood mode. If I had 4 nobles and 2 birds, I probably wouldn't be running them, but the 4 birds have made it so it hasn't been an issue.

Yeah, I have a couple Lions in there, thought about going to a playset of and cutting the Dryads. Dryads are kinda meh, they're flexible manawise but nonbo my Lingering Souls.

I'll keep dismember in mind, not suer if Knight is worth the inclusion without fetches.
>>
>>46959372
Yes. Draft what's open.
>>
>>46947794
>the numbers are wrong because I won game
The deck is inherently what every Tron deck is built to demolish, slow(er) decks the wincon of which folds to boardwipes.
>>
>>46946607
Summer Bloom is banned in modern...
>>
>>46960890
Chinaman has all of those cards now.
>>
>>46932404
"ha ha i was juts pretneding to be retarded"
>>
>>46939567
moron
>>
>>46956902
It also helps in the mirror match. A match were you have all the islands, and your opponent doesn't, the odds tilt way in their favor.
>>
>>46959163
Curiosity is a cool card but this is not the deck for it
Disrupting Shoal is a cool card but this js not the deck for it>>46959163
>>
>>46966134
Did you even read the post?
>>
>>46946607
Normal Green devotion can play karn/hornet queen on turn 2- or draw its entire library on turn 2/3

it falls apart to disruption and counterspells, as would yours.
>>
>>46968221
Did you even read the post?
>>
who here still playing Eldrazi just with a tron shell
>>
Whats a good way to play online thats not MTGO or cockatrice? Cockatrice no longer works on my OS.
>>
>>46968306
He's talking about the deck that used Summer Bloom, not the card itself. Notice how the card isn't used in the example turns.
>>
>>46968543
Tron with Eldrazi (Karn, Ugin...) or Eldrazi with Tron (Smasher...)?
>>
File: who needs karn ri right guys.png (51KB, 284x488px) Image search: [Google]
who needs karn ri right guys.png
51KB, 284x488px
>>46968937
current list, mostly just worldbreaker.dek
>>
>>46959364
There's really not much to improve on Faeries.

Other than
>run Murderous Cut

After all the bulk of the card choices are practically autoincludes at this point. The core may be 4 Mutavault 4 Spellstutter Sprite 4 Bitterblossom but we all know what the next 48 cards are going to be, if not in numbers then at least in names.
>>
>>46966192
I might be interested one day.
>>
>>46968772
xmage
>>
>>46968968
Isn't Chromatic Star usually better than Sphere? I'd use Stars if I was only running one set of eggs.
>>
>>46970360
sphere is draw on sac, star on gy, and I might drop the eggs anyway. Realized that list is +1 return -1 impulse as well. Had the second set of eggs but replaced with reshaper who puts in work
>blocks
>swings for 3
>draws a card or ramps
I wish I could run 8.
>>
>>46967955
Curiosity is old tech for that deck, good against midrange but most people don't run it anymore and if they do its sb, and disrupting shoal is great against anyone trying to path/bolt/other removal/ your delver turn 1, (also it's straight counterspell against vision)
>>
>>46970266
Does that one at least remind you of triggers and try to prevent people from blatantly cheating?
>>
>>46971104
>also it's straight counterspell against vision

Wouldn't you have to discard a Pact of Negation or other Ancestral Vision for that?
>>
>>46971390
Not if you cast it with its regular cost but just uu and x be zero
>>
>>46971390
Yes, this is correct, I don't know what >>46971127
meant by that.

{spoiler}they're probably an autist{/spoiler}
>>
>>46971127
automated like MTGO, but it runs pn java so it can be clunky
>>
>>46971420

Oh, that's what you meant. I often forget THE Counterspell exists.
>>
File: backtobasics.jpg (65KB, 480x680px) Image search: [Google]
backtobasics.jpg
65KB, 480x680px
Why does WotC hate fun?
>>
>>46971440
>{spoiler}they're probably an autist{/spoiler}
Nailed it
a
i
l
e
d
i
t
>>
File: 65.jpg (70KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
65.jpg
70KB, 312x445px
>>46971484

I know, right?
>>
>>46944057
The list is lost in the wind. I believe it was along the lines of:

4 Vortex
3 Loam
4 Thought Scour
4 Snappy
4 Negate because Vortex handles the creatures
4 Serum Visions
1-2 Cryptic
2-3 Spell Snare
1-2 Izzet Charm
A bunch of red removal like Roast
23 land, including 1 Desolate Lighthouse because DAMN son

I recall trying Trade Routes when I first thought of the deck, but it was underwhelming. If you want serious late game grind, check out a card called Oona's Grace. It's some serious spicy tech in the deck. Origins Jace might work well in the deck because looting is essentially drawing in the deck since you just ditch the land you Loamed back.
>>
>>46971390
Nope.

>>46971420
Is correct. Ancestral vision cost 0. So x can be 0.
>>
File: IMG_20160428_212859.jpg (553KB, 1024x1365px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160428_212859.jpg
553KB, 1024x1365px
Sick new leaks from Eldritch Moon
>>
File: IMG_20160428_212851.jpg (609KB, 1024x1365px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160428_212851.jpg
609KB, 1024x1365px
>>46973323
You guys think this is Modern playable? Could replace Grislebrand in reanimator.
>>
>>46973323
>>46973372
the fuck?
>>
>>46973409
>>46973372
>>46973323

The context is maros whinny little voice somehow still got a woman pregnant, and from that spawned two kids who made those cards.
>>
>>46973323
>>46973372
The fuck are these
>>
How does affinity mirror work?
>>
>>46973939
Removal and lords.
>>
>>46973323
>Jack Wang

Oh god why did I laugh at that?
>>
File: wefwcwwd.png (119KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
wefwcwwd.png
119KB, 223x311px
I'm not really that big a fan of Welding jar in my affinity list. Is this a decent substitute as a 1x? I think it's nice giving an inkmoth that extra 1 damage, and it's just as tasty a ravager snack as welding jar is.
>>
>>46975972
Both are badwrongshit
>>
If I have melira in play and my opponent activates Inkmoth nexus, I take no damage as it has infect but I can't gain poison right?
>>
>>46957777
What a waste of quads
>>
File: erfwrfere.jpg (237KB, 1100x1380px) Image search: [Google]
erfwrfere.jpg
237KB, 1100x1380px
>>46976077
>>
>>46968543
There was a guy at my shop who played the bw eldrazi processor deck that emerged between bfz and ogw. Now he plays a bw/colorless control deck with thought nazis and smashers as his top end and vesuva replacing eye of ugin.
>>
>>46976565
wasn't the whole point of the black in the deck to have eye of ugin be able to tap for mana by itself with Urborg? All that leaves in B is the aforementioned processor stuff which seems... ok i guess but not amazing. The whole reason eldrazi was oppressive was t1 thoughtnot's off simian spirit guides or mimic spamming into a reality smasher or some such.
>>
>>46976672
I've only played against him once but from what I saw the black was there for wasteland strangled and removal. It's honestly more of a midrange deck than a control deck, just a piss load of removal and a few drazi to beat face.
>>
File: Anal Rodeo.jpg (23KB, 161x286px) Image search: [Google]
Anal Rodeo.jpg
23KB, 161x286px
So after a ton of tweaks my white weenie somehow turned into a preeminent captain cheese deck. Does it at least look fun for some kitchen table?
>>
File: extragreen.png (2MB, 1319x991px) Image search: [Google]
extragreen.png
2MB, 1319x991px
I love turning cards sideways
>>
>>46976826
>Dryad Militant, Elvish mystic, Avatar of the Resolute, Strangleroot Geist.
Good.
>Servant of the Scale, Groundbreaker, Vines of Vastwood. explore
Ok I guess
>everything else
garbage.
>>
File: wdff.jpg (29KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
wdff.jpg
29KB, 223x310px
>>46976802
>all those humans
Nigga you need some greatsword in your life.
>>
>>46977010
I had him back when I had gather the townsfolk and student of warfare, do you think he'd still be better than doomed traveler? I like the stickiness.
>>
>>46977056
I honestly have no idea. I just saw humans and always thought champion was an auto-include. Playtest it if you're already familiar with the deck.
>>
>>46971753
Nice. I might try a draw go deck like that one but with
Teferi
Faithless Looting
Steam Augury (over Thought Scour)
Remand
Ensnaring Bridge
Anger of The Gods
Jace, prodigy?
>>
>>46976826
why dont you just play stompy instead? you are halfway there already
>>
>>46939519
>>46939604
Don't forget Aether Vial. It's a big player to GW's tempo plan. It fights countermagic, plays around removal and costs alot of money for that reason. CoCo is just bad in the deck.

Ps. I would run pick related over Mindcensor at the moment.
>>
>>46976826
You'll never make the pro tour with that deck
>>
>>46977608
But....well....you're not wrong...
>>
>>46958919
when they reprint force spike.
>>
>>46976045
The scenario you described is correct but the reason is different. Has to do with layering and wording of the inkmoth. But yes, you don't take regular nor infect damage, whereas from a glistener elf you'd take regular damage.
>>
>>46939585
What's that? A mix of zoo and what?
>>
>>46978458
It's just Death's Shadow, Swiftspear and the 1cmc Landfall cat with lots of "free" cantrips, SSGs, mutagenics, dismembers, become immense and temur battle rage. The goal is to goldfish a t2/3 kill and hope your dude stays on board. Essentially worse Infect.
>>
File: 43562572.jpg (5KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
43562572.jpg
5KB, 225x225px
>>46977608
It's not like he'll make money playing the new pro season anyhow.
>>
>>46930752
So...where are those tier one thopter/AV decks?
>>
Anyone here on UW Tron?

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/uw-thoptertron/

This is my list. I'm on the fence about O-Stone in the main since being able to Gifts at the end of T3-4 and grab a Wrath is very relevant in the creature match, especially if you have a second Gifts for reanimating a fatty after that. It also has the benefit of hitting every nonland permanent (which can also be awkward since it blows up my coloured sources). Seems best as a board card vs Jund and the merry band of Midrange decks.

Also, Ghostly Prisons in the board y/n? It seems like it's a harder-to-kill Kataki against Affinity, which is able create a pretty solid board state before Elesh Norn comes down. Against wide creature decks, Elesh is probably fine for slowing down most creature decks until you can resolve more wincons. Plus thopters chump for days. Prison does seem very good against Merfolk though. I haven't had a chance to test against that deck though, so I wouldn't know.
>>
Relic or Rest in Peace?
>>
>>46979766
For what? What for?
>>
>>46979023
Since sword of the meek got unbanned everyone has been heavily sideboarding artifact hate to deal with thopters. It's also why there have been relatively few affinity decks placing as high compared to before.
>>
>>46972741
Its not 0. It doesn't have a mana cost
>>
File: Screenshot_20160429-084038.jpg (444KB, 607x2128px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20160429-084038.jpg
444KB, 607x2128px
I am taking this to Modern on Thursdays, I know there isn't any ravagers or platings or Springleafs in it, I am getting springleafs soon though.
>>
>>46980769
New thread
>>
R8 my junk sideboard please

2 leyline of Void
2 leyline of Sanctity
1 Languish [2 in main]
3 stony silence
3 natures claim
1 fulminator mage
1 Thragtusk
1 Thoughtseize [1 main plus 4 inquisition]
1 Dismember [4 AD and 4 Path main and 2 Gatekeepee of Malakir]
>>
>>46979870

What a time to play the red roulette.
>>
Don't make new threads when bump limit hasn't been reached yet (315)

Bumping
>>
Lessons must be learned.
Thread posts: 311
Thread images: 41

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.