[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what is daily life like for a male drow?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 10

File: drowmale.jpg (156KB, 468x792px) Image search: [Google]
drowmale.jpg
156KB, 468x792px
what is daily life like for a male drow?
>>
Depends on like everything.
>>
For slaves, it is living in endless fear of being randomly killed on a whim, while doing your best to serve pitiless mistresses who count your worth in coinage and put you to whatever use they design, regardless of how disgusting, dangerous, or downright deadly it might be.

For noble drow, you wear nicer clothes.
>>
>>46859708
This

Which setting is it? Which social strata does he belong to? What is his role?
>>
File: Principessa3.jpg (46KB, 1000x647px) Image search: [Google]
Principessa3.jpg
46KB, 1000x647px
>>46859760
>>
Surface Drow males actually have it a little better than the underdark ones, but that comes at the cost of being hated by everyone. All in all though, I'm surprised more males don't escape to the surface once they realize the myths they weave about it are lies.
>>
>yet another thinly veiled fetish thread
Just look it up on a wikia or in a setting guide if you actually want to know.
>>
>>46859903
Sometimes the fa/tg/uys are still able to produce a reasonable thread out of an obvious attempt at bait. Save your shitposting for those that try to force the fetishes.
>>
>>46859684
spiders
>>
>>46859684
If you're in the Realms, then you're a slave to the whims of your Matriarchal Melnibonean Mafioso Clan Leaders.
If you're in Golarion, then the ladies are generally in charge, but your life isn't complete shit.
If you're a drow from before Salvatore came along, then you're an evil underground badass, and you've got a wife who is also an evil underground badass.
>>
Do Drow eat roasted spiders?
>>
>>46860099
>If you're in the Realms, then you're a slave to the whims of your Matriarchal Melnibonean Mafioso Clan Leaders.
That's quite bullshit.
Again. It depends his profession, where he lives, his social standing, how competent the matriarch is, etc.
>>
>>46860159
...You know, if I'm going to keep hanging out on an image board, I should really start keeping images on my computer.
Because an angry commissar accusing you of heresy would be very appropriate right now.
>>
>>46860185
>>46860159
They do actually eat spiders. It's more of a religious thing than a culinary thing.
>>
File: yurope.png (66KB, 1121x857px) Image search: [Google]
yurope.png
66KB, 1121x857px
>>46859684
>>
File: 1459994151468s.jpg (4KB, 97x125px) Image search: [Google]
1459994151468s.jpg
4KB, 97x125px
>>46860234
what is this stupidity
>>
>>46859684
A fuckboi's
>>
>>46859684
Depends on setting, civilization, strata, location, and surrounding relationships.
It is, in fact, so broad a question as the basically be meaningless.

"what is daily life like for a male human"
>>
>>46860519
Why are you trying to make it meaningless? What's your stake in all this?
>>
>>46860542
I'm trying nothing. Make it meaningless would imply that it wasn't already. Going from pointless to pointless is not a transition, and Tzeentch would not be pleased.
>>
>>46860561
Oh, so you're just a fucktard. Should have just ignored you, I guess.
>>
>>46860582
I'm sorry you're so upset. Perhaps you should try specifying a setting or any context whatsoever in your threads like this in the future.
>>
>>46860099
>If you're a drow from before Salvatore came along, then you're an evil underground badass, and you've got a wife who is also an evil underground badass.

I don't think Salvatore introduced the drow being Matriarchial.
>>
>>46860159
Do drow eat roasted drow?
I actually think they'd be more inclined to do that first.
>>
File: yurope2.png (115KB, 1119x898px) Image search: [Google]
yurope2.png
115KB, 1119x898px
>>46860446
http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/17911147-yurope
>>
File: LG1JQOU.gif (404KB, 245x300px) Image search: [Google]
LG1JQOU.gif
404KB, 245x300px
>>46859684
Anyone have that image of the guys standing by the tank, captioned with something about "too many variables, rendering the question meaningless" or approximate?
>>
>>46860608
Their original depiction has a lot of gender segregation going on - females are clerics, males are mages, females hunt slaves, males run the merchant houses, etc. Since you're mainly dealing with feuding clergy, the female power structure is more important, but there's none of the whole 'never look a female in the eyes' weirdness that comes later (or the whole 'secretly wipe out your enemy entirely in one night or you all get killed' madness, for that matter).
>>
>>46859708
>>46859760
>>46860519
>>46860733
Why, you've successfully proven your point.
You certainly are dumb cunts.
>>
>>46860849
I think a lot of it was implied, with it being an evil theocracy. Salvatore simply fleshed it out a bit.
>>
>>46860877
Well, gee, give us something to work with Mister Australian. And work on your bantz while you're at it.

We can hardly work off of crumbs, now can we?
>>
They shitpost about "ebil matriarchy" on elfbr via the underweb when they aren't being pitted against each other as slaves or tortured at the pleasure of their BSDM mistress.
>>
File: eyes.png (106KB, 313x161px) Image search: [Google]
eyes.png
106KB, 313x161px
>>46860672
I just failed my San check
>>
Drow males actually end up taking what can be thought of as traditional woman's roles. They cook and clean, and are tasked with watching over children. Oddly enough, I don't think drow females care enough about their babies to actually breastfeed them, so they likely use some sort of fungus milk substitute. Or those underdark yak things.

Drow males are less athletic than females, smaller, and in general weaker. Which is weird, because they somehow still end up being the primary soldiers of the race.
>>
>>46861149
Yeah, forgot to mention that drow sexual dimorphism is reversed.
An odd little detail - especially considering /tg/'s beloved trope of elven gender ambiguity.
>>
>>46861149
Human men can breastfeed. Just for reference.
>>
>>46861149
>end up being the primary cannon fodder of the race

FTFY
>>
>>46861231
I don't want this to be true.
>>
>>46859684
>8am wake up, get cucked
>9am, make breakfast for matriarch while getting cucked
>10am, Study magic like a cuck, while being cucked
>11am, cuck yourself by blueballing yourself with some spider silk panties
>12am, Prepare lunch for matriarch while being cucked
>12:30AM, she gives you your lunch, it consists of a slave's semen, even lunch cuckolds you now
>1pm, study your cuckomancy by sobbing into your shitty neckerchief
>2pm, Get cucked
>3pm, Afternoon tea, with mild cuckholdery
>4pm, start preparing an elaborate banquet while being cucked
>5pm, the banquet begins, the matriarch makes her slave fuck her right on your plate an orders you to eat while pretending you don't see the sweaty man-ass in front of you.
>6pm, oil her nude body, praying you don't become aroused or she'll feed you to a spider while cuckholding you
>7pm she makes you go to bed like a child, sob yourself to sleep
>3am, she wakes you up by hosting an orgy in your bed, you are forced to keep her slaves hard for her
>8am, wake up, get cucked
>>
File: stewie2218814qr.gif~c200.gif (310KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
stewie2218814qr.gif~c200.gif
310KB, 200x200px
>>46861231
That's fucking gross though.
>>
>>46861277
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9zvAYtEOhU0
>>
>>46861204
>beloved trope of elven gender ambiguity.
That's not a beloved trope, that's just retards like >>46861286 masturbating to shitty memes we inherited from /v/ who in turn inherited it from /a/ who in turn inherited it from japanese basement dwellers.
>>
>>46861351
>9am, deny cockholdery to other elves on elfchan
>>
>>46860672
...please tell me this is someone making fun of hyper-republican americans, please please please, i just rolled a 70 on my san check
>>
>>46861351
Most of the worst /v/ memes actually come from /co/ rather than /a/, alongside games like Dragon's Age, Warcraft, and Elder Scrolls.
>>
>>46861277
It's true. You can trick the body by imitating the particular suckling style of a baby for a few weeks or have a real baby suckle on you. Some tribes in Africa do it when the mother dies. Nature cuts corners and your body isn't all that bright.
>>
>>46861351
>beloved trope
>retards with shitty memes
I'm sorry, anon, but I often cannot tell the difference.
The fault is not in the chans, but in myself.
>>
>>46861351
D&D making its elves thin shorties instead of ubermensch wasn't helping matters either.
>>
>>46861504
I swear, as a kid, I thought DnD elves were taller than humans.
I have no idea where I got that idea from.
>>
>>46861541
Lord of the Rings.
>>
>>46859684
>what is daily life like for a male drow?
You are probably one of Commoner, Fighter, or Wizard.

If you are a Commoner, it's much like commoner life elsewhere except darker, more whipping, and more spiders.

If you are a Fighter, you check that you took your antidote and you check that nobody swapped out your antidotes, since your house's blademaster believes in live weapons practice with poisoned blades and the other males at weapons practice are quite ready and willing to magic marker your face if you fall unconscious.

If you are a Wizard, you try to keep your head down and walk a fine line between holding back enough to not draw attention and showing enough power to not get messed around with. Study hard, suck up to your teacher, and think very hard whether you want your teacher's favor or the priesthood's favor when some priest drops by and gets in an argument with him that's going to spill over to you in a moment.
>>
>>46861647
>darker
Hmm...do drow still have infrasion, or did we just drop that in favor of low-light vision?
Because I remember in the old days that their cities had fungus that gave off incredible infra-red light that resulted in some great displays of alien beauty or something.
Be a shame to lose that.
>>
>>46861723
Superior darkvision but get completely shit in daylight.
>>
>>46861773
Yes, yes, sunlight is the bane.
Drow ladies are incredible dominant forces, until they end up on the surface and it's too bright and their armor disintegrates and they stumble around naked and blind.
>blah blah wat do
>>
>>46861399
Most of the shitty /co/ memes start on /tv/ and get forced over.
>>
>>46861817
ey come on, baneposting and spinning were good
>>
>>46861810
The sunlight disintegration thing has always irked me as a bit of a strange thing to do.

>magical items are completely immune to rust, generally

We know this, because rust monsters don't affect magical metal equipment.

Couldn't the drow have devised a method of enchanting armour to withstand sunlight? And if not, then why in the forgotten realms (the biggest and most definited drow setting), does a drow's passage into adulthood hinge upon a surface raid?

That's so absurd it boggles the mind.

On top of that there are spells that evoke sunlight, why don't surface elves just lead an incursion into the underdark armed with such magics?

It makes fuck all sense.
>>
File: drow lady.jpg (342KB, 750x1900px) Image search: [Google]
drow lady.jpg
342KB, 750x1900px
>>46861906

Because writers wanted to be able to compartmentalize what they were doing in the underdark from the rest of the setting, so they came up with a shitty handwave that makes no sense.

For instance, if the drow "method" of enchanting causes shit to fall apart in sunlight they would naturally switch over to the normal method of making magical items that function above ground on either a limited basis or long-term. In fact because they learned magic pre-split from elves in most settings they would never have deviated in their methodology enough for this to happen.

But I digress, the real reason is because in case someone puts too many magic goods and weapons in underdark sections or parts of the setting they can be handwaved away from affecting the surface world, protecting other writers space.
>>
>>46861906
It's actually all thanks to underdark radiation.
>>
>>46861988
DROW ARE REALLY COOL GUYS LOOK AT ALL THEIR MAGIC ITEMS!

OH NO THE PLAYERS KILLED THEM AND TOOK A MILLION MAGIC ITEMS

OH NO

LMAO SUNLIGHT BREAKS THEM GUYS

why don't vampires shop in the underdark?
>>
>>46862313

more or less
Thread posts: 60
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.