[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Vanilla mytic?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 6

File: Image.jpg (34KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image.jpg
34KB, 223x310px
Maro said multiple times that he have a vanilla mythic in folder, maybe printed in a future set. How could this be? Any ideas of a vanilla mythic design ?
>>
U
Creature
20/20
>>
>>46812440
Go in folder and find it
>>
>>46812440
WUBRG
10/10
>>
File: Image.jpg (30KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image.jpg
30KB, 223x310px
>>46812744
>+2/+2
>jumps from uncommon to mythic
>>
>>46812782
Well the 9/9 would be a rare.
>>
>>46812782
There have been direct reprints that changed rarity before. There could literally be a fusion elemental printed at mythic rarity in the future and it wouldn't be particularly strange.
>>
>>46812782
>>46815405
Reprinted in From The Vault: Five Color. All FTV cards are automatically mythic rarity.
>>
could be like ishamaru where its a legendary with good value
>>
>>46812440
Furyborn Hellkite was practically a vanilla mythic
>>
Land Creature - Wastes Eldrazi
1/2
>>
>>46812440
Mythic Rarity was a mistake
-Anon
>>
RRRR
13/1
>>
<><><><><>
15/15

:^)
>>
Big Guy 4U

"why would you lightning bolt a creature before exiling it from its plane" - Chandra

20/20
>>
>>46812440
GG
4/4
Legendary Creature - Something, probably a bear.
>>
>>46817276

desu, all rarity was a mistake! Rarities are just an excuse to sell more packs. They print a large quantity of shit commons to fill Limited while keeping Constructed pricey. It works as a business decision, but it certainly isn't good for the game.

Draft and sealed would be so much more fun if all the cards were good, exciting designs, not made to throw away.
>>
Wait, the "to be honest" acronym is replaced with desu? That's hilarious. When did this happen, and what other wordfilters apply to /tg/?
>>
File: Image.jpg (30KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image.jpg
30KB, 223x310px
Reprint Juzam Djinn. Pretend you don't see the <2>.
>>
>>46818110
>all cards in Draft are good
>it doesn't matter anymore what you pick because all cards are good
>deck building doesn't matter anymore
>drawing cards will always give you a good card or a land

Wow.
>>
>>46812440
Where the fuck is a buttcrack guy shop/alter?
>>
>>46818163

Nay anon, deck building matters plenty. Do you believe deck building does not matter in Constructed, which is built from the cards after the dross has been tossed?

For that matter, have you ever done a cube draft? Its basically a "build your own set" draft, and people do exactly what I described: they put all their favourite cards in the cube. It is very fun, and it still matters what you pick because good cards are only good in a deck that uses its goodness well.
>>
>>46812440
2 mana land with no drawback.
>>
>>46817210
Why was this not a thing?
>>
>>46818110
Just build a cube.
>>46818163
>I've never played a cube before.
>>
>>46820965
They don't like land creatures. Their interactions are complicated. They also don't like landsbwithbadditional types to make them easier to get or abuse or whatever anymore because of the artifact lands. Though thebwaste Eldrazi creature wouldn't have that problem as the problem mostly comes from the colored artifact lands. Citadel is ok
>>
>>46821430
>Their interactions are complicated.
Literally the stated purpose of higher rarities.
Also that block was full of land tribal.
>>
>>46821533
They have a complicatedness quota, literally. They can't exceed a certain amount of complexity.
>>
>>46818026
I'll be cool with it so long as it's flavortext is "This guy scares the shit out of me" -Grizzly Bears
>>
>>46812440
RRRRR
20/1 Trample Haste
>>
>>46825521
He actually specified that when he said vanilla, he didn't mean French vanilla, but really and truly no abilities at all vanilla.

It's certainly just be some legendary with pumped stats of something.
>>
File: Magic BFM.jpg (84KB, 500x350px) Image search: [Google]
Magic BFM.jpg
84KB, 500x350px
>>46825553
Maybe they are reprinting Big Furry Monster in an actual set, in that case.
>>
>>46812440
Tarmogoyf was reprinted as a mythic and is arguably vanilla. I mean it's a big creature but it doesn't do anything, it's ability consists of only explaining what its vanilla stats are.
>>
>>46818140
Not a lot of pretending you'd have to do there.
>>
>>46826427
What's funny is Emrakul is his cost.
>>
>>46818110
You know what's not good for the game? The company going out of business because they didn't sell any packs, you fucking retard.
>>
>>46818163

>bolt, path, FoW, thoughtseize and BoP are all good, obviously I should put all five in every deck I ever make
>>
>>46829478

You do know that non-random card games are actually a successful thing, right?
>>
I could see them doing a few different ones depending on how much it would cost. It's probably Green since green gets big dumb stuff most often.

GGGG3
20/20
Phage the Untouchable cost 7 and kills you in one hit, so I figured a green creature that killed you in one hit would be about the same.

GG
5/6
Wew, that's how large Tarmogoyf gets most of the time.

Not sure what a mid-range vanilla mythic would look like. Would probably have jacked up power and toughness. Maybe...

GGG2
9/18
Kills you in 3 hits and is very good at blocking.
>>
>>46829714

Not by companies for whom they are the primary source of income. FFG is the only true success story there, and they a) print and sell like five different LCGs b) produce a LOT of other shit.
>>
>>46812440
My gut says it's a 9/9 for 3GG
>>
>>46829977

Printing a lot of LCGs is a sign that LCGs sell well, you can't support that many different games if they are all dying. Also, Hasbro is a teensy tiny bit bigger than FFG, pretty sure they could figure out a way to make it work if they really wanted to. They obviously don't, because stupid people will pay way too much money for overpriced packs, but it's absolutely idiotic to think that Magic would somehow die if it weren't randomized.
>>
>>46829977
Also literally all of their LCGs are licensed
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.