[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How should DM describe an effect of nonmagical weapon upon a

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: magic-sword-in-the-snow.png (973KB, 1000x563px) Image search: [Google]
magic-sword-in-the-snow.png
973KB, 1000x563px
How should DM describe an effect of nonmagical weapon upon a creature, that is immune to nonmagical weapons?

"Iron skin"? "Sword sinks in the flesh, but has no effect"? ...?

thanks
>>
>>46811074
Depends on the creature, what monster are we talking about?
>>
>>46811074
"The sword slides across the skin, making a loud scraping sound. The creature seems unharmed."
>>
>>46811088
Jackalwere.

>>46811089
I like this.
>>
>>46811100
with werecreatures I would have them wound it and the wounds closing imidiately - healing factor instead of straight up forcefield
>>
>>46811100
Probably just that it slices deep then regenerates, because it is damage reduction iirc, so its still possible to do enough nonmagic damage to kill them.
>>
>>46811307
>Magic
>Fucking
>Immunity

IMMUNITY
>>
>>46811074
I prefer comically unharmed, because it lets me sparta kick them through walls without killing them, so I can keep doing it. It presumably still hurts.
>>
>>46811074
It looks like the creature takes damage, but a zero that appears floating indicates it took no damage.
>>
>>46811426
Not. Bad.
>>
>>46811105
I ditto this. OR, the Skin bends but does not break, like trying to clobber rubber. Any non reduced damage is bludgeoning.
>>
>>46811074
Weapon cuts, but cuts do not stay.
Like stabbing a bowl of jello.
>>
File: art_thou_feeling_it.png (210KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
art_thou_feeling_it.png
210KB, 400x300px
>>46811074
>>How should DM

However the hell you want. If you're running a game, how you choose to depict and describe things is entirely up to you and your ~*{Imagination}*~. If this is asking too much of you, you probably should just go back to video games.

God damn, /tg/.
>>
>>46811074

"You swing your hammer, and your aim is true. But when you strike the beast in the side there is no satisfying crunch of bone. Instead your hammer comes to a harsh and sudden stop, like slamming into a boulder, and there is a deep echoing peal like the ringing of a bell."

That should get across that your attack didn't work, and there is more at play here than 'it has enough hp to not care about that attack. '
>>
>>46811386
I kinda like this. Just straight beating the snot out of immortals for fun.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.