[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/exg/ Exalted General - Holden and Morke are still liars edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 355
Thread images: 33

File: 1445839643622.jpg (143KB, 1000x1240px) Image search: [Google]
1445839643622.jpg
143KB, 1000x1240px
>What is Exalted?
An epic high-flying role-playing game about reborn god-heroes in a world that turned on them.
Start here: http://theonyxpath.com/category/worlds/exalted/

>That sounds cool, how can I get into it?
Read the 3e core book (link below). For mechanics of the old edition, play this tutorial: http://jyenicolson.net/exalted/. It'll get you familiar with most of the mechanics.

>Gosh that was fun. How do I find a group?
Roll20 and the Game Finder General here on /tg/. With the new edition, though, chances are more games will crop up.

Resources for Third Edition
>3E Backer Core https://mega.nz/#!E1dRBBIa!ZbQG4IasYCJRli2bhgE2MOdWeFAeV3N1rqL9kAIGbNE
>Character Sheet & Init tracker: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0ByD2BL6J89Nick41YUk0RUt3YlU
>Another Character Sheet
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1pfjmZKzcUqAX9mB58IAEUIFkZr8rq4CvdRRM4kzwwgU/edit?usp=sharing
>General Homebrew dumping folder: https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0ByD2BL6J89NiQzdCWWFaY0c5Mkk&usp=sharing
>Collection of old 3e Materials, including comics and fiction anthologies https://www.mediafire.com/folder/t2arqtqtyyt28/Exalted_3Leak
>Charm Trees:
>Solar Charms: https://imgur.com/a/q6Vbc
>Martial Arts: https://imgur.com/a/mnQDe
>Evocations: https://imgur.com/a/TYKE4

Resources for 2.5 Edition:
>All books with embedded errata notes, as well as some extras: https://www.mediafire.com/folder/253ulzik1j9s5/Exalted
>Chargen software: http://anathema.github.io/
>Anathema homebrew charm files: https://www.mediafire.com/folder/pka3nz3vqbqda/Anathema_Files
>MA form weapon guide: http://www.brilliantdisaster.net/dif/ExaltedMA.html
>http://www.mediafire.com/view/ua7tanepy2jfkdp/Exalted_2nd_Ed_-_Return_of_the_Scarlet_Empress.pdf

Resources for 1e:
>https://www.mediafire.com/folder/9vp0e9id3by6m/Exalted_1e

Holden and Morke are still liars edition
>>
>>46802450
>Holden and Morke are still liars edition
Have they done anything in particular or are you just angry at them in general?
>>
>>46802450
I like the changed art.
>>
>>46802450

Any chance you can white wash that picture to make her attractive?
>>
>>46802507
If you can't respect the beauty of chocolate bodies, I don't know what I can say other than you're broken.
>>
>>46802502
The latter.
>>
>>46802502

>asking why facts are facts
>>
>>46802530
But anon, they told the truth when they said they'd change the poser cakes piece and the Kejak plagiarism.
>>
>>46802507
I'm not sure we can afford Maria, to be honest.
>>
>>46802545

I think Rich said it first. And they would not be good liars if they did not tell the truth every now and then.
>>
File: 1180381259654.png (48KB, 550x400px) Image search: [Google]
1180381259654.png
48KB, 550x400px
>>46802526

Maybe I am just racist.
>>
File: 1446427460373.png (624KB, 734x1032px) Image search: [Google]
1446427460373.png
624KB, 734x1032px
>>46802597
Have some whitewash.
>>
File: 1369203776942.png (143KB, 317x299px) Image search: [Google]
1369203776942.png
143KB, 317x299px
>it's a "I can't credibly criticize the game so I just bitch about how the devs triggered me" episode
>>
>>46802530
Facts require substantiation. People being angry at shitbags doesn't make everything they say about them true.
>>
>>46802649

Normally, yes, but we're also on 4chan.

Though I, too, would actually like to know.
>>
>>46802636
I honestly suspect it's intentional. We didn't have this many people with an axe to grind until the game was actually released, and now they're here because there's nothing else bad they can say.
>>
File: ketchup carjack.jpg (30KB, 720x304px) Image search: [Google]
ketchup carjack.jpg
30KB, 720x304px
Many years ago, a good friend told me that the Solar Exalted would return.
>>
>>46802673
Being on 4chan certainly increases the incidence of being told lies are the truth, but I haven't found that it makes it more acceptable.

Honestly, fuck you guys for making me defend the devs.
>>
File: 1353298812775.gif (929KB, 264x320px) Image search: [Google]
1353298812775.gif
929KB, 264x320px
>>46802629

>you will never have a lunar waifu
>>
>>46802502
dude memes lmao
>>
File: raining_david_tennant.gif (376KB, 500x264px) Image search: [Google]
raining_david_tennant.gif
376KB, 500x264px
>>46802725
>tfw nobody online wants to rp as my Lunar waifu either
>>
What did they change about the setting from 2e to 3e?
>>
>>46802814
The biggest change is that Lunars are a major force in the world, with their own territories. They're in a war with the Realm right now over a landmass known as the Caul, of which they control the majority.
>>
>>46802891
Nah, the biggest change is that there's more shit overall in Creation, including an entire inland sea region in the Southeast.
>>
>>46802891
So, Lunars have purpose now?
>>
>>46802940
That's true, can't believe I forgot about my favourite new location: The Dreaming Sea.
>>
>>46802982
Yes. Not that it will in any way placate Lunar fans, who thrive on bitterness and contrarianism.
>>
My friend who got into Exalted during the 2E days was initially into E3, but left because of Holden attitude and that the setting was taking a direction he didn't like: too swords and sandals, not enough shark dad and silly shit. He loves silly things. Anything I should say to him about 3E?
>>
>>46802507
Is this a subtle and clever joke on the bad photoshops in EX3?

You, I like you.
>>
>>46802676
That is a very, very high level of delusional.

It is way more likely that they haven't been able to navigate the awful layout and bad organization of rules to actually find the gaping holes in the system.

Then came here to bitch about the bad things they know about instead.
>>
>>46803104

Just tell him magitech is just First Age Artifice now. Its still there just renamed and not focused on as much due to its rarity in the setting. I mean it was pretty rare in 2e as well but it just seemed to be everywhere.
>>
>>46803163
It's hard to take your defense of these people seriously, given that you yourself appear to be one of them.

But seriously, go on: Tell us all about these gaping holes.
>>
>>46803188
I don't think that's his issue. He is a big fan of Nobilis and Jenna Moran if that helps.
>>
>>46803210
>Tell us all about these gaping holes.
You need to re-read what I said.

Saying what is clearly more likely is not asserting something, just pointing out how unlikely saying
>"Nothing bad to say about the system."
is
Especially when there hasn't even been enough time for the haters to read the PDF, it's obviously delusional.

You should consider logic, not try and take things seriously based on what you imagine the opinion of the person saying them is.
>>
>>46803240

I never actually read Nobilis. All in all 3e did not change that much from 2e. Power level lowered for Solars a bit but they can fuck the setting if they want. I mean the biggest thing was the hiding of magitech and fucking Craft to make sure you can't oversaturate with magitech.
>>
>>46803210

Usually on 4chan, you don't need to ask in order to be exposed to gaping holes.
>>
>>46803104
A starting Twilight Sorceror can turn his Dawn Caste buddy into a Ghost in the Shell cyborg at chargen, using a Sorcerous Working. You just need to spend 4xp and make a few Occult rolls at an interval of 1 week and you're good.

It's the Terrestrial Scope 2 "give a person mutations" option for Workings. You just fluff it as giving them cybernetic implants.

Also, off of the top of my head, there's a kingdom of snakepeople and archeopteryx-people building a Mayan/Aztec-inspired kingdom in the jungles of the East, and the Dreaming Sea is basically Exalted Conan-land.
>>
>>46803295
Hmm, if so little changed, I wonder why he felt they were taking things in a completely different direction than he wanted? Well, I'll mention it. Thanks.
>>
>>46803355

Because on the surface it appears to have. They changed the tone. But really they just added to the setting.
>>
>>46803284
I read what you said, but you also implied that there are gaping holes in the system - are you denying this?

>Especially when there hasn't even been enough time for the haters to read the PDF, it's obviously delusional.
The haters have had months to read the PDF. Last time the backer PDF was uploaded here there was an influx of people who would talk about nothing except how bad the art was. Now that the book is released the art is fixed, and there is an influx of people who will talk about nothing but the devs.
>>
>>46802526
Some of us still recognize that having our own race is a good thing.
Enjoy your bastard offspring with no people to call their own, I guess.
>>
>>46803295

>"All in all 3e did not change that much from 2e"

Lets not put that on the back of the book, more good away from 2E good.
>>
>>46803104
I cant speak for the setting concerns but if he honestly stoped playing a game because the devs are assholes then hes a fucking baby. Just ignore everything about the company and buy the games when they come out its not hard.
>>
>>46803412
So nothing changed in the new PDF? Still the same problems?

Weird, there was a 500 reply thread where people were sure this newest upload fixed alot of stuff.

I guess if they had months to read it, must be the same.

Every system has holes, that you take offense to something like that says more about you than about the system.

>the art is fixed
hahahahaha!! Tell that to the Scarlet Empress and all the other bad photoshops!

Sorry, it is better though, truly. That truly speaks to how bad it was the first time.

Try not to be so brain-dead in the future, bud.
>>
>>46803210
Not poster

I've mentioned this before, but it still annoys me. My character concept is "creations greatest athelete". I have Racing Hair Method (and Winning Strid Method) but not Triumph-Forged God Body or Hurricane Spirit Speed.

My charm tells me the rules for test of speed are on page 197. They are not. Since it talks about intervals it's presumably an extended action. Except exntended actions aren't opposed actions, which follow a different rule set - and most of my test of speed charms involve opponents.

Also, two of my charms generate inititative in a test of speed. A resource I can't use without getting a charm that I don't currently have. But hey, when I do get it, at least I can initiative crash myself and give my opponents a bunch of initiative they can't use.

So now me and the ST have to agree what the rules are for the thing my character is built around because the authors can't be arsed to actually write the rules to something they reference in a bunch of charms.

So yeah, I'm pissed.
>>
My solar concept is the result of Hercules and Achilles having a child, figuratively speaking: the worst hero.

How would I build this?
>>
>>46803412
>Now that the book is released the art is fixed, and there is an influx of people who will talk about nothing but the devs.
>influx
>15 posters
>>
>>46803699
I see you missed the last thread. It's okay, I'd rather have missed it too.
>>
>>46802777

>tfw i could roleplay that lunar waifu
>tfw it's just gonna be rough and unforgiving fight-love
>>
>>46803620
I'm trying to make a similar character, 2e had Racing Hare Method be something like (Stamina+Essence)*10 miles per hour, so I'll be using that out of combat.
It really sucks that among many of the undeclared or unclear rules, using initiative and turns out of combat is fucking mess. (plus range bands for overland long distance travel)
>>
>>46803688
Resistance Supernal, Dawn or Zenith. Pump athletics ASAP, and pick up Melee charms. You probably want Dauntless.

The rest is in your backstory and Intimacies.
>>
>>46803688

Childish and temperamental, likely to throw tantrums. His limit trigger should be "Not getting exactly what he wants when he wants it." I've read none of the stories that they appear in, unless you count the Hercules movie that Disney made.
>>
>>46803741

You mean the one that had ~60 posters, as did the one before it?

There's no new flood of people pissing it your pool. It's just the same old piss, just with more gusto.
>>
>>46803780
Oh don't get me started, Racing Hair Method has you move 3 range bands a turn outside of combat. 'Cept my ST says the concept of range bands doesn't exist outside of combat.

There's a similar ride one that says(outside of combat) "a distance that would take her mount an hour to cover can be cleared in ten minutes. What would take her a day can be covered in a handful of hours, and what would take a week can be covered in a single day."

Why not have the same text on the atheletics one, or at least similar? Is consistancy too much to expect?
>>
>>46803831

Better be Zenith, because Dawns aren't allowed to be stronk.
>>
>>46802982
No, the inclusion of that stuff hasn't really changed the general set up of the game.
>>
>>46803620
>My charm tells me the rules for test of speed are on page 197

Which charm? I can't find it after using ctrl+f and looking for all instances of 197
>>
>>46803882
>Why not have the same text on the atheletics one, or at least similar? Is consistancy too much to expect?

Natural language isn't consistent anon-kun. And we all know how important natural language is.
>>
>>46803572
>Just ignore everything about the company
Seems that's exactly the path he chose anon.
>>
>>46803831
Got it. Thanks.

Now, Storyteller, be prepared for the Adventures Herchilies, the whiniest hero!
>>
>>46803882
3 Range Bands per turn I calculated out to be about 100mph. It can go down to something like 50 or up to 300 depending on how far you determine "long" range to be and how fast turns are.

100mph sets it in line with Stormwind Rider
>>
>>46803903

Lightning Speed, pg 262.

"Lightning Speed can also be used each interval of a foot race or other test of speed (see p. 197)."
>>
>>46803620
Are you talking about the charm Lightning Speed? Because that refers to page 189, and it's not referring to a literal mechanic called Test of Speed, it's referring to the extended action of the foot race.

So, be un-pissed, my friend. Be unpissed.
>>
>>46803956
I'll copy past the literal charm text:

Lightning Speed
Cost: 3m; Mins: Athletics 3, Essence 1 Type: Supplemental
Keywords: None
Duration: Instant
Prerequisite Charms: None
Like a flashing bolt, the Exalt streaks toward her goal, trailing streamers of anima. This Charm can be used to enhance a rush action (see p. 197). The Exalt moves with terrific speed—add one automatic success and reroll all 5s and 6s until 5s and 6s fail to appear. Lightning Speed can also be used each interval of a foot race or other test of speed (see p. 189).

It's talking about the extended foot-race example on page 189. There's no mechanic called Test of Speed, which is why that's not in the (surprisingly comprehensive, this time) index.
>>
>>46803952
I don't mean to be combative, but you are not my ST.

But you've hit the nail on the head, it could be anything in wide range - and at the end of the day it's what my ST rules. And my ST hates the idea of range bands outside of combat. So why not just use narrative time and be unambiguous.
>>
>>46803952
Based on what numbers?
>>
>>46804017
Huh, I got the 3E core from the OP, is that not the latest version?
>>
>>46804048
No, that's the uncorrected/unedited early backer version, which probably explains your issues.
>>
>>46804048
Nope. There's one that was released hours ago, and has not yet been sufficiently sanitized.
>>
>>46804023
I think I used max longbow range because shooting anything with a longbow becomes impossible at extreme. Then I used a range of seconds for each round something like 3-6 seconds.
>>
>>46804017
Yeah that text should be changed to read "as per Extended Actions or Opposed Actions pg 189"
>>
Extended Actions

Sometimes whether a character can do something isn’t as important as how fast. Extended rolls exist to measure such situations—how long does it take to scale the side of a manse while under fire from archers? In a foot race, who can reach the finish line first?
>>
>>46804064
>>46804068
Well... maybe that's why people haven't complained sufficiently about it yet.

I'm sure I'll find something to complain about. Possibly how broken increasing strength exercise is - but that one is in my favour.
>>
Yeah, 200 yard range with 3 second rounds gives you 136 MPH
>>
File: 400px-Hopeless.png (192KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
400px-Hopeless.png
192KB, 400x400px
>>46804132
But people are complaining.

About the early backer version.

Like you were doing.
>>
>>46802777

I'd totally RP as your waifu.

She's 2000 years old and knows what's the best for you darling, but perfectly willing to let you have your little adventures as long as you come on home now and again.
>>
>>46802986
My party just arrived there in our campaign - we've been playing since the leak, and aside from a bit of houseruling and by the grace of a flawless seasoned artist of a Dungeon Master, the whole experience has been unrepentantly fantastic. I'm really looking forward to going full steam ahead with the final version.
>>
Centred page numbers still. WHY?!?!
>>
>>46805252
because offset page numbers are a tool of the MRA patriarchy
>>
>>46805305

A "Because fuck you that's why!" Also would of been okay as well.
>>
>>46805474

it's not a WW-product thread if some shitter doesn't try to peg that on WW and not their demographics.
>>
What y'all think about the initiative changing combat system?

It seems like it'd be hard to track. Anyone do it IRL and figure out if it works well?
>>
>>46805560

roll20, ironically, has a perfect system with the "reorder by values" feature on it's turn counter. you just run everyone's turn, change the values as you go down, then hit "re-organize" for a fresh turn.

physically? that'd be harder. Maybe a whiteboard?
>>
>>46805560
We've had a leak and a preview for a long-ass time, 3e works great (mostly).
The initiative combat system is a bit unintuitive at first, especially for people used to other rpgs, but it works really well and smoothly in play, and allows for interesting charms and actions.
>>
>>46805560

It's fine. The ST just counts down the ticks. If you try and have your turn twice in the same round because you weren't paying attention, everyone yells at you.
>>
What's worse than the Martial Art merit still existing? It still existing and being placed out of order in the merit list.

Sledgehammer Fist Punch still utterly nonsensical.
>>
>>46805782

A terrible game having terribly designed material

Color me shocked.
>>
>>46805782
MA is powerful enough on its own, and if you invest Solar XP and regular XP into it, it's insane.

That's what the merit helps offset, somewhat.
>>
>>46802450

Anyone have a proper leak of the release version yet? I'm not about to shell out that much for slightly better art and a index
>>
>>46806207
It would help if people bothered to understand the system instead of just leaping to whatever spurious conclusion they can to show it's bad, because they are really butthurt by the devs.
>>
>>46806239
So Evocations and Sorcery aren't?
>>
>>46806298
They need to take the watermarks off.
I think we would all appreciate it if the person doing so would post and let us know it's actually happening.
>>
>>46806308
Because Evocations and Sorcery are meant to supplement a combat style, rather than act as a complete combat option in and of themselves.
>>
>>46806351

I was just checking, I'm still kinda having an internal "What the fuck" at those prices.
>>
File: 1372086248543.jpg (850KB, 1214x1239px) Image search: [Google]
1372086248543.jpg
850KB, 1214x1239px
>>46806207
>>
File: 529.png (116KB, 568x539px) Image search: [Google]
529.png
116KB, 568x539px
>>46806351
Since when were you under the impression that anyone was getting a leak ready?
>>
>>46806392
That's how most core book pdfs from 'big' companies cost.
>>
Do we have a copy of the updated pdf to share yet?
>>
>>46806480
I see we do not. Retracted
>>
>>46806464

I may have been spending to much time in Indie land then, I remember Tenra coming out, looking almost as good as this, have 40 more pages (between both PDF's) and only being 20 bucks.
>>
>>46806480
You spell fairly well, for an illiterate moron.
>>
>>46806459
I'm asking because I have my doubts, everyone else was just acting as if it were certain, when no one has volunteered or given us word from somewhere.
>>
File: 1302854530485.jpg (90KB, 640x637px) Image search: [Google]
1302854530485.jpg
90KB, 640x637px
>>46806510
I love you too, you absolute cunt.
>>
>>46806519
I've been lurking and checking for a while. No actual talk from anyone that they are making a de-watermarked leak.

For the most part, except for worse, placeholder art, the back copy is about 98% the same as final release so you can still play the game with what's available.
>>
>>46806508
Dark Heresy 2E core is like, four cents less.
>>
>>46803572
> devs are assholes
> buy the games
More like "get the games".
>>
>>46806556
Sure, but you know everyone here's gonna bug us for the latest version, do we have people keeping an eye on other places they'd find a leak?
>>
>>46806556

The only thing I've noticed, after a quick scan, is that they've deleted the Craft charms revolving around evocations - except for one, which is reportedly an oversight.
>>
Buyfag here, is Ex3 ONLY going to be on that shitty pdf site for sale as a book, or is it going to be on something like Amazon as well?

Since, you know. Free shipping and Prime and all that shit.
>>
>>46806648
New probably only on DTRPG, since it's PoD. Used copies will likely show up on Amazon eventually.
>>
>>46806648
That's where most OPP products are. Probably the only other way to get a physical copy is to back the KS for one, or buy it if someone else puts it online.
>>
>>46803574
>Still the same problems?

For a simple example, the Craft Charms still mention the three tiers of Evocations that no longer exist anymore.
>>
>>46806648
It's Print on Demand so only through DrivethruRPG...

No Amazon because there's no product until you order.
>>
>>46806648

Pretty sure only on DriveThru, unless someone prints off a batch of them, and sells them on Amazon with a markup.

And ebay for disgruntled backers' deluxe editions sometime next year.
>>
>>46803574
>>46806673

I mean, the guy complaining about Tests of Speed was reading the old pdf, not the new one, so it's pretty clear things changed.
>>
Hey, that Alchemical homebrew in the google drive folder good or shit? Alchemicals are so much more interesting than Solars, bros.
>>
>>46806701
I think disgruntled backers already got a refund.
>>
File: 1stAge.jpg (138KB, 850x637px) Image search: [Google]
1stAge.jpg
138KB, 850x637px
>>46806670
>>46806667
>>46806675
>>46806701

Ahh fuck. Oh well. Never ordered anything off there before, figures OPP would be a bunch of shitters who couldn't even get a book to widespread print.

How's DriveThru then? Is the stuff decent quality? It's not going to shit the bed like so many old White Wolf books with spines cracking like eggshells is it?
>>
Just ordered my copy. Realize i dont really need to since i already have the leak pdf but i still want the physical and to show support i guess.
>>
>>46806741
Due to not getting kickstarter, those backers still got the PDF for free.
>>
>>46806763
Naw, they got a partial refund and bumped down to the pdf tier.

Physical copies won't be happening for them, but I don't think they'll care?
>>
>>46802777

h-how about a snek-lady anon...?
>>
>>46806721
From the updated backer PDF:

>When she is finished, the weapon gains one new Emerald, Sapphire, and Adamant Evocation.
>>
File: AHipsterSnakegirl.jpg (1MB, 2000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
AHipsterSnakegirl.jpg
1MB, 2000x2000px
>>46806794

She was a waifu before waifu's were cool.
>>
>>46806798
Yeah, that was clearly mentioned by Holden as an error on OPP's part on rpg.net. They wanted to delete it, and fucked up.
>>
File: a334f04309e47219099b12259cdcf41c.png (218KB, 1280x1404px) Image search: [Google]
a334f04309e47219099b12259cdcf41c.png
218KB, 1280x1404px
>>46806794
>>
>>46806742
Getting a book to widespread print is incredibly expensive, both in upfront costs and in storage for unsold inventory.
>>
>>46806825
They had literally months to fix it.
>>
>>46806741

It wasn't exactly a simple process. Plenty of people probably just couldn't be bothered chasing Rich down and yelling at him.

Also, some backers probably forgot the hell about it in the last 4 years, and may lose their gruntlement when the thing gets dropped off on their doorstep.
>>
File: Lamia.jpg (372KB, 1024x1453px) Image search: [Google]
Lamia.jpg
372KB, 1024x1453px
>>
File: SnakeLunar.jpg (382KB, 1758x2346px) Image search: [Google]
SnakeLunar.jpg
382KB, 1758x2346px
>>
>>46806841
They fucked up.

It doesn't reflect badly on the system, but it really reflects badly on their ability as editors.
>>
File: SnakeLunar2.jpg (420KB, 689x1000px) Image search: [Google]
SnakeLunar2.jpg
420KB, 689x1000px
>>
>>46806906
>It doesn't reflect badly on the system

Sure it does. It's yet another fuckup on top of all the others, all the way back to "scrap everything and start over without telling anyone" a couple of months in.
>>
>>46806844 >>46806793
I wonder how many people will still get the book despite the refund. I've canceled two phyiscal orders of rpg books and still got them at no charge in the past (Weapons of the Gods and Dragon Age RPG) due to clerical errors. So, I'd argue at least some of those who got the partial refund are still getting their books.
>>
>>46806930
Scrapping everything and starting over was a really good move though, if my friend who playtested it is to believed.
>>
>>46806930
So long as the system itself is not fucked up, I'm good.

I mean, Craft is a little fucked up but we all know that.
>>
>>46806957
Elaborate?
>>
>>46806930

As far as I'm aware, it was just the charms that were scrapped. Now, that's a good chunk, but systemic stuff-like the new combat system and the social system are probably more central to the game line than Solar charms.

Even the accountant's wet dream masquerading as a Craft system probably took a long time to assemble.
>>
>>46806979
The problem with the system itself is all the parts that are missing, like explanations of how to actually resolve conflicting powers, or the order of resolution of charms in combat.
>>
At least Freedom's Cadence was given proper art. How that MS Paint abomination got into a nominally-professional work in the first place flabbergasts me.
>>
>>46806988
Just that prior to the revision, the combat system was extremely slow and it was very hard to change yours and other's initiative.
>>
>>46807036
Did all the artifacts get new art or judt that
>>
>>46807003
They did clarify that attackers declare before defenders and that all Charms must be declared before dice are rolled unless otherwise stated.
>>
>>46807003
Attacker declares first, and then defender declares. That's how everyone would do it by default.

Alternatively, you can do an ante-up thing where the players keep trying to outbid each other, but the end result is the same: the defender gives a response they feel is proportionate to that of the attacker.
>>
>>46807071

Many, not all. Spring Razor and Volcano cutter did. Brilliant Sentinel and Shining Ice Mirror are the same.
>>
>>46807003
>Players (including the Storyteller) must openly declare which Charms their characters are using, and all Charms (unless their text indicates otherwise) must be declared, and their costs spent, before any dice are rolled. Attackers declare their Charms before defenders.

Thank you, revised pdf!
>>
>>46807180

Urgh. Resistance still the red-headed step-child of combat charms.
>>
>>46807120
>>46807180
That still doesn't help with the ten bajillion Reflexive Charms.
>>
>>46807211
You resolve the attacker's charms, then the defenders. How hard is that?
>>
>>46807244
What?

>attackers declare their charms before defenders

I am not sure what else can be done, given that it's basically a very succinct summary of the obnoxious 10 step resolution system from 2E.
>>
>>46807244
Reflexive Charms still must be used prior to any dice rolls for whatever they would be doing. You increasing your defend? Well you gotta do that before the attacker rolls.

Mind listing a few Charms that you feel are confusing?

>>46807211
Bro Resistance might be the strongest combat tree in the game.
>>
>>46807265

It's not *hard*, it means that there's not point in using Resistance charms unless you've already maxed your Parry/Evasion charms - unless they're exceptions to this timing rule, like Spirit Strengthens Skin.

But stuff like Durability of Oak Meditation - why would you ever use that instead of pumping Evasion/Parry, given that you have to declare all your charms before you start rolling.
>>
>>46807336
>Bro Resistance might be the strongest combat tree in the game.

Nah, Aegis of Invincible Might might be the strongest combat charm in the game. The rest of the tree, not so much.
>>
>>46807369
Because it's way cheaper than pumping your Evasion or Parry for situations when your enemy is trying to spam low initiative decisive attacks for death of a thousand cuts.

Or extra insurance after pumping up evasion and parry if they're unleashing something nasty.
>>
>>46807419
Ruin-Abasing Shrug is also pretty swag.
>>
What level of seriousness do you run your games at?

I almost played in a 2.5E game back in the day as Solar-Stalin with a mustache anima banner that shot laser beams. Not because I was trying to be mary sue; I made my character with the GM and he pushed me towards that build.
>>
>>46807509
I run it /fairly/ serious, mostly because I can rely on the players and their shenanigans provide the humor.
>>
>>46807436
Between charms like strength increasing exericse and armour-eating strike it's easy enough to spam out low-init attacks that eat through hardness.
>>
>>46807509
Varies depending on what the table is in the mood for. Sometimes I've run deadly serious Game of Thrones-y intrigue and war-fests, other times I've run high adventures with a level of energy and humor that wouldn't be out of place in Super Sentai.
>>
>>46807419
Aegis lets it reach the absolutely unkillable tier but Iron Kettle Body, Essence-Gathering Temper, and Spirit Strengthens the Skin allow you to to pretty much not die to almost everybody.

Funny thing I noticed since my Zenith did it in my game. Stamina 5, Unusual Hide 5, and Invulnerable Skin of Bronze active. All of which contribute to "natural soak" which you can no more than double with Spirit Strengthens the Skin. Base 16 soak that (if you wanna spend 16 motes!) can get up to 32 completely unarmored. But really you never have to since most people aren't going to be hitting much above 20 raw damage most of the time anyway, but the option is there if you really wanna no-sell somebody.
>>
>>46807509
A game has its serious moments and its lighter moments. The plot provides the serious, the players provide the lighter moments in between bigger events.
>>
>>46807436
That's what hardness is for. None of the Resistance charms increase hardness; those that grant hardness grant less than you get simply by wearing artifact armour. So wear artifact armour.

>>46807467
Yeah, but its strong, in part, because it ignored these timing rules. Same with Spirit Strengthens Skin. But I can't think when I'd want to activate, say, Iron Kettle Body - which reduces withering damage - instead of Parry/Evasion, which reduce withering damage AND increase the chance of not being hit at all.
>>
>>46807655
>But I can't think when I'd want to activate, say, Iron Kettle Body

How about: when you'd be attacked more than once?

That plunges IKB's price from 6m to 3m, when compared against instant Charms like the Excellency, and I guarantee you halving someone's incoming damage is worth more than +1.5 Dodge, in terms of damage mitigation.
>>
Did they actually say when in the turn you regen essence?
>>
>>46807369
>But stuff like Durability of Oak Meditation - why would you ever use that instead of pumping Evasion/Parry, given that you have to declare all your charms before you start rolling.

Because it's twice as mote efficient - each bonus point of Hardness is equivalent to increasing your Parry or Evasion by 1, which usually costs 2m if you're using the Excellency, while Durability of Oak Meditation costs 3m to increase your Soak by 2.
>>
>>46807697
Yes.
> Characters with mote pools regain five motes of Essence at the end of each round while in combat,
>>
>>46807697
At the end of each round
>>
>>46807731
>Because it's twice as mote efficient - each bonus point of Hardness is equivalent to increasing your Parry or Evasion by 1, which usually costs 2m if you're using the Excellency, while Durability of Oak Meditation costs 3m to increase your Soak by 2.

I assume you mean soak. But no, each point of soak *ablates* damage at the same rate as a point of parry/evasion, but each point of parry and evasion *also* increases the chance that the attack will whiff entirely - a function that has no parallel in soak.

>>46807685
True, against flurry charms IKB becomes decent, but even then, Leaping Dodge can just nope them entirely.
>>
>>46806735

I put my all into that document. Most charms should be solid. Most people I've talked to said it was fairly well balanced.

Make sure you get the 1.5 or 1.4 version though.
>>
>>46807827
Leaping Dodge costs Initiative to use.
>>
>>46806794

Sexy lamia lunar?
>>
>>46807854

Not as much as you'll lose trying to tank multiple attacks with IKB.
>>
The thing is, Resistance is still lingering from 2E. In 2E, you had parry and dodge to give you a chance to avoid damage entirely, and soak to ablate damage you couldn't avoid. Soak's redeeming feature was that, because it's charms were declared later in the combat sequence, it was more efficient - you could conditionally activate it when it was necessary, and avoid when it wasn't.

In 3E, they did away with the really explicit detailing of how to resolve an attack. I think they did this because the 2E method was intimidating in its length. The problem is, what they gained in brevity, they lost in clarity, so now there are all these questions and exceptions regarding charm timing, because they're not all pinned down to an explicit system.

Noble motives, lacklustre implementation. It's practically the Exalted line's motto at this stage.
>>
>>46807655
Iron Kettle Body is really good when outnumbered by a large number of powerful opponents, almost as good as something like Bulwark Stance + Hail-Shattering. It also helps to activate the reset condition of Essence-Gathering temper, which like, go read Essence-Gathering temper. Then go reread it, then go think about that. 1i for 10m. Not to mention that Resistance and Dodge/Parry aren't mutually exclusive; In fact, it's much better to have both than one or the other in my experience.
>>
Ever run a Solar game where they expand the edges of creation by pushing back the Wyld and the Fair Folk?
>>
>>46802777
Say thanks to the endless stream of chucklefucks playing solars that demand everybody gargle their cocks just because they got golden showered by ucs.
>>
>>46807892
Most multiattack charms either work by dividing your Initiative into multiple Decisive attacks, or are ranged attacks that Leaping Dodge Method won't help you evade. IKB is better against both; in the former case, it reduces the damage they do by two, and gives you four Hardness against all of them (so each attack needs at least seven Initiative to do anything), allowing you to just tank your way right through an Iron Whirlwind Attack like a boss. And, in the case of the ranged multiattack, it's still better than nothing.
>>
>>46808138
You're mistaking Iron Kettle Body for Durability of Oak Meditation.
>>
>>46808082

Essence-Gathering temper is great, but for IKB isn't great for resetting it. If you're fighting powerful opponents (which is really the only situation that matters) they're going to be rocking artifact weapons with overwhelming values, such that you're likely to take damage, even with IKB's halving. Less damage, sure, but even 1 is enough to stop EGT from resetting. You want Iron Skin Concentration to reset EGT.

>>46808138
I think you're confused here. IKB is withering-only, so it does jack against Decisives. It sounds like you mean Durability of Oak, which gives you 4 hardness. Which is utterly useless if you're wearing artifact armour, which is cheap and easy. Just wear something concealable, and your golden unless your naked.

Also, if Leaping Dodge takes you out of the attack's maximum range, it can save you from ranged flurries. And if they haven't aimed, max-range is only Short, so you don't need to get too far away.
>>
Is this the hot and the latest? Have you guys got this yet?
I just was looking at 7chan and this was posted, decided I'd pop in here to share
https://www.dropbox.com/s/62pa7rfo39aylox/Exalted_Third_Edition.pdf?dl=0
>>
>>46808216
If your opponent has 4 overwhelming from medium weapons, that takes 'em down to 2 minimum. If you're fighting multiple enemies (which is basically the only time you'd ever use Iron Kettle), then that significantly improves your chances of being able to reset essence-gathering. Iron Kettle doesn't REALLY shine until you get the essence 3+ and essence 4+ upgrades, though. +0-2i and giving every enemy -0-2i is a LOT better than it looks when they're doing mimimum damage due to your massive soak. It's the kind of charm you're glad to have when you get ganked by some shikari on the road.
>>
>>46807827
IKB is good in almost every situation if you have a good Parry which is pretty easy to do.

Baseline Resistance guy has got his Artifact Heavy armor and Medium Artifact Weapon. Putting him at a cool 16 soak and 7 Parry.

His opponent has a Light Melee Weapon, let's say a Short Daiklave, and his armor doesn't matter too much since we're testing Resistance guy's defenses.

Offence has 16 dice baseline, no Charms to hit this guy against his 7 Parry, pretty good odds for him. He's rolling an average of 8 successes so he hits him by 1.

10 weapon damage, 5 from Strength because he knows what he's doing, and 1 extra success. 16 raw damage which is totally canceled by soak giving them post-soak minimum of 4 from a balanced weapon.

Now let's throw Iron Kettle Body in there, against the baseline pool, he's just reduced. The 4 post-soak to 2 giving quite a decent chance of EGT resetting. So, he's on average getting 1-3 Initiative from each attack but IKB can play around with 1s and maybe steal some there. The interesting thing is, for the offence to improve upon that 2 damage post-soak he has to get at least 21 Raw damage because everything between 1 and 20 is going to end up being minimum of 4. That means he needs to hit 13 successes on his attack roll. Which is the average of a full Excellency. And that's only to up the damage to 3 post-soak instead of 2. 10m for a 1 die increase. And it just scales up with more opponents.
>>
Would the modern age rules from Shards of Exalted Dreams work in 3E?
>>
File: QueenWithWolves.jpg (235KB, 900x1273px) Image search: [Google]
QueenWithWolves.jpg
235KB, 900x1273px
>>46807509

High humor with some seriously fucked up shit gong on beneath it all.
>>
>>46808353

Which rules in particular?
>>
>>46808289
>has an index
Looks like it's the latest version. Thanks, anon.
>>
>>46808289
>https://www.dropbox.com/s/62pa7rfo39aylox/Exalted_Third_Edition.pdf?dl=0

Just checked and it has an index, has the art fixes, and the such: confirmed at the real deal.
>>
>>46808305
Where did Shikari come from? I don't quite remember it in 2e or 3e.
>>
>>46808330

The thing is, it's the armour soak doing the lion's share of the work in that scenario. IKB is 6m for a reduction of an average of 1 point of initiative damage. Instead of using IKB for 6m, he could use ISC for 2m and drop the overwhelming damage by his stamina (assuming 5, if we're assuming his opponent is 5str/5dex). Yeah, sure, if he's facing 4+ opponents, IKB will start getting returns after the 4th attack, but that's pretty niche for a PC who can expect to have his Circle by his side in most circumstances.

Alternatively, take the same character with charms in Melee. Instead of IKB, he's using Hail-Shattering Practice, which is even earlier in the tree than IKB is in Resistance.

Offence is rolling 16 dice, which means statistically 20% of them are 1s and 2s. On average, there'll be 3 of them to trigger on each attack, letting him take no damage from an attack for 2m (vs a 50/50 chance of taking no damage from a withering attack, and no defence against a decisive from IKB). Against a full excellency, he'd probably get hit. How much varies according to essence level, but again, his artifact armour drops it to the point where he'd only be taking an extra point or 2 when compared to the IBKer - and that's only against full excellency attacks.
>>
>>46808518
Shikari's been a term for "DB Wyld Hunt participant" since at least 2e I think, though I do not remember if it was introduced in the 2e DB book or in the 2e Blessed Isle book.

Incidentally it's also straight-up the Persian word for "hunter".
>>
>>46808566
I'm not sure ISC lets you reduce minimum damage down. It lets you soak unsoakable damage, stuff that bypasses your soak completely. Overwhelming interaction happens after soak has been dealt with, meaning it only matters if the soak happens to begin with, which unsoakable damage wouldn't.
>>
>>46803240

Then tell him Exalted is just as easy to play Silly as ever, and with the inclusion of Exigents, he can now play an Exalt of Pillowcases if he actually manages to write an interesting God of Pillowcases.

If the game trying to present itself a bit less ridiculously to the general public really bothers your friend's Silly Sense that much, then he's not got a real Silly Sense to begin with (them's fighting words)!
>>
>>46803504
>Some of us still recognize that having our own race is a good thing.

Yup, and all of you who think that are still as wrong as you've ever been, because modern Humans still don't have Races.
>>
holy shit, this looks a lot less like terrible owod bullshit rules than before

when did they change it?
>>
New guy here. Tried the test game, link says it was suspended.
Anyways I'm going to be the gm for an upcoming game. Do you guys suggest 3e or 2e? Also I'm taking general advice.
>>
>>46808913
Since about six months after the Kickstarter.

However, note that a lot of bullshit is still there, it's just been moved into Charms. For example, there's Charms that have you reroll 1s and 2s, there's charms that have you convert 6s into 10s, and a bunch of other fiddly dice roll crap.

There's also a lot of stuff that's just plain missing that's even in nWoD, like having any kind of actual rules for organization/bureaucracy stuff (yes, there are basically none even though there's a skill named Bureaucracy).

>>46808919
3e, but use one of the fan versions of the combat chapter that breaks combat down into steps. It'll save you a lot of hassle.
>>
>>46808919
3e definitely, it just released to the public today.
Here's the final version of the pdf:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/62pa7rfo39aylox/Exalted_Third_Edition.pdf
>>
>>46808649

Given that there is only one source of unsoakable damage in the game (Torn Lotus Defence, from Black Claw Style), I think that interpretation is a a tad...limiting.

Meanwhile, the mechanical effect of Overwhelming is "Soak can’t reduce a weapon’s withering damage pool to below its Overwhelming value". Now, sure that doesn't literally say "unsoakable", but "unsoakable" and "irreducible by soak" are pretty dang similar.

It's like saying that throwing a Twilight doesn't interrupt their teleport, because the teleport states that it's interrupted when the Twilight "suffers knockdown", and throwing "prones", it doesn't cause "knockdown" (again, there's only one thing that causes knockdown in the game, and that's taking off with Mountain-Crossing Leap Technique).
>>
>>46809039
Anyone that runs the two pdfs together for each change, even the minor ones. Could you post a link here and let us know?
>>
>>46808974
>>46809039
Thanks guys much appreciated.
>>
>MFW the game actually came out earlier than the Homestuck Video Game I backed 10 months before the Ex3 kickstarter.

Only Hussie can manage to delay shit even longer than OPP, it seems.
>>
>>46809427
At least you can be excited by the suspense of whether the game will have a disappointing ending after all that wait and buildup like the comic did.
>>
how many years till the second book comes out? i dont really give a shit about the core as we've seen this all forever ago.
>>
>>46808891
nice bait
>>
>>46809039
Loving the new weapon art. Volcano Cutter looks a bit badass now.
>>
>>46809329
Anyone got links to solid PDF comparison tools?
>>
>>46809534
i'm just laughing that there's still garbage like tira's big circle blade still in the book, hell. they doubled down on it and made it both the regular and artifact chakram image
>>
>>46808289
Thank you, kind anon.
>>
>>46809611
The layout girl done goofed and replaced the wrong picture.
>>
>>46803504
/pol/ is leaking again.
>>
>>46807827
>True, against flurry charms IKB becomes decent, but even then, Leaping Dodge can just nope them entirely.
Go read Invincible Fury of the Dawn aka Acrobat Juggling Method.
>>
>>46809733
wait really? if so do tell, please
>>
Do battlegroups count as a single target for charm effects?
>>
>>46809915
Generally, yeah. Since they're really just a single character with some inflated stats and odd combat effects.
>>
>>46809937
oh thank Sol for that
>>
File: relax.gif (997KB, 500x700px) Image search: [Google]
relax.gif
997KB, 500x700px
>>46802502
>>46802545
>>46802649
>>46802673
>>46802676
>>46802721
>>46803210
>>46803412
Why even get mad that some people will invariably point out the truth?

Accept that you were lied to and that some people will never trust hamsterwheel again.
>>
>>46809834

There's defences, counters to those defences, counters to the counters, etc. One charm doesn't invalidate the fact that Leaping Dodge is a good general defence against flurries, any more than Fire and Stones Strike invalidates the fact that high soak is a good general defence against withering damage.
>>
>>46804017
>Like a flashing bolt
I just realized this Charm turns your Solar into a mobile disco.

Score one for natural language.
>>
>>46806793
>Naw, they got a partial refund and bumped down to the pdf tier.
This is incorrect.

We got a refund that was only less Kickstarter's cut.

Please stop being an illiterate cunt.
>>
Read through the rest of last thread.

Summary appears to be:

A) Autists gonna aut
B) Retards gonna REEEEEE
C) Fuck me where did all these Godbound faggots come from
D) Morke both had and did not have cancer, while being cancer, because quantum superposition of cancer is a thing now

In summary: Fuck everything, let's just release Yozi Ashton Kutcher and let him sort it out.
>>
>>46810463
Congrats on being a bigger autist than all of us put together
>>
>Many of Thorns’s people died or led when the Deathlord conquered the city four years ago.
Last version had it as 7 years, that seems to fit a previous discrepancy.
>>
>>46810489
seriously tho wtf is with this godbound shit
>>
>>46810501
Makes sense, shouldn't be taking Thorns without Deathknights
>>
>>46810511
A bad extension for Pathfinder that adds a new class and two or three new rules to manage bureaucracy and countries.

The new class is overpowered and badly designed. The new rules are a-ok.
>>
File: 1382588215078.png (63KB, 700x500px) Image search: [Google]
1382588215078.png
63KB, 700x500px
>>46810638
>>
>>46810638
Well if it has actual country-running rules it's already beating every single edition of Exalted.

Better or worse than ACKS domain rules?
>>
>>46810681
>Well if it has actual country-running rules it's already beating every single edition of Exalted.

Only with your very special (as in your a 'special boy with special needs') metrics.

>Better or worse than ACKS domain rules?

Didn't know ACKS, checking it right now, seem fun.
>>
>>46810718
>Only with your very special (as in your a 'special boy with special needs') metrics.

OK, I'll admit that previous editions have had a couple of giant piles of steaming turds masquerading as organisation-running rules. Mandate of Heaven was a really bad joke and Creation-Ruling Mandate was an over-engineered bit of fan bullshit that somehow ended up in a real sourcebook. And now Ex3 has the incredibly fucking useless Project rules.

Thing is, though, not a single one of these systems has successfully integrated with the Charm system (and indeed in the case of CRM, broke spectacularly on contact with Excellencies, let alone anything else). This would be fine except it leaves Bureaucracy sat there looking unloved and unloveable, especially now it's no longer got the "LOL UR ENTIRE NATION NOW THINKS CATS ARE FOOD" schtick.
>>
Who here has experience with sorcerous workings? Has anyone done anything interesting with them, or have stories of something fun their players did with a working?
>>
How the fuck is Divine Mantle supposed to work?

>However, the Exalt may only take Charms from spirits whose nature match one of her Defining Principles,

How does a spirit match a Principle?

>and may only take one spirit Charm for every six Solar Ability Charms she knows which match both the spirit’s nature and the Defining Principle in question.

And how the fuck do six Solar charms match both a defining Principle and a spirit's nature?
>>
File: murderpresents.png (645KB, 989x505px) Image search: [Google]
murderpresents.png
645KB, 989x505px
>>46810812
Divine Mantle?
That Eclipse thing?
>>
>>46810821
>Divine Mantle?
>That Eclipse thing?

Integrity charm let lets you learn spirit charms.
>>
>>46810829
Though that's the Eclipse's schtick
>>
>>46810834
>Though
Thought*
>>
File: 99123.jpg (628KB, 900x1165px) Image search: [Google]
99123.jpg
628KB, 900x1165px
>>46810757
>>46810718
Okay, so I have not reached the domain rules yet, but ACKS is thematically solid and well designed. It seems to capture the feeling of AD&D almost perfectly, with the best of the Sword and Sorcery of my childhood. I really like it. Really, really like it.

Godbound is thematically stale and not so well designed in comparison.
>>
>>46810812

You want to take a Blood Ape's charms, you need a defining principle centring around violence and bloodlust, and have at least 6 charms that help you kill stuff.

You want to take a Wind God's charm, you must really love running fast, and have 6 running fast charms.

It's mostly bullshit anyway. Players will engineer their characters so they can get whatever charm it is they want, and it completely bypasses the eclipse-keyword safety valve.
>>
>>46810834
This lets you leanr spriti charms (any, not just eclipse keyword charms), but for the life of me I can't figure out how.

How can a spirit match one of your Defining principles?

How can solar charms match a spirits nature AND one of your defining principles?

>However, if the grounding Principle is lowered in intensity or destroyed, or if any being successfully impugns her embodiment of said Principle by usurping her authority, defeating her, or destroying or harming the subject of her Principle, then she loses her ability to perform the greater miracles of the spirit’s office

This implies that if the Principle goes from defining to Major you can still use weaker charms, but gives no information about how to differentiate "greater" charms.
>>
>Inviolable Essence-Merging
>Duration: Indefinite

>Through meditation, the Exalt sinks into the Essence of her environment, temporarily absolving herself of the Ties and Principles that make her transient and definite. Instead she is everything and nothing, a fulcrum for the flow of all Essence. In this state she is untouchable. She cannot be attacked or harmed in any way, though she can still be subject to social influence.

>Her Lore score is doubled if only for the purposes of discussing the nature of Essence and the movement of the stars. Her Occult score is doubled only for the purposes of making enlightened pronouncement on the mysteries of the universe.

Integrity is fucking stupid.
>>
>>46810851
ACKS is basically the peak of OSR for me.

Funny thing is, though, I haven't ever had a game hit Domain level cos, y'know, TPKs a-gogo.

>>46810865
I figure it's meant to be used with, eg, the God of the nation you have a Defining Principle towards, that sort of thing.

So one of my PCs has a Defining Principle to the Haslanti League. If the League's patron god shows up (not the Ennead, the actual Divine Patron) then he could probably Divine Mantle it.

Well, if he wasn't an Eclipse and able to just fucking learn it anyway.
>>
>>46810904
Use Cup Boils Over on them.
>>
>>46810865
Waaaait a fucking minute, the Divine Mantle sidebar:

>If a spirit recognizes the Lawgiver as
king, high priest, or most high prophet
in the region of Creation where it dwells,
or if the Lawgiver defeats the spirit in
combat, then the Solar may use this Dvine
Mantle to gain the powers of that spirit’s
station. The Solar learns the powers in
question instantly and as a matter of instinct, but may only learn Charms she has
the trait minimums for. She can ignore the
prerequisite of any Charm, however, and
can even embody Charms which do not
have the Eclipse keyword.

>if the Lawgiver defeats the spirit in
combat

>if the Lawgiver defeats the spirit in
combat

Spirit-Cutting Attack + Divine Mantle confirmed for hilarious. "I AM ALL THE GODS MOTHERFUCKER"
>>
Page 133 adds this to the limit section.
>Legendary Social Goals
>When a Solar character successfully completes a major, landmark goal or accomplishment such as reclaiming their homeland from the Realm or winning the love of their ancient Lunar mate, they may lose a point of Limit at the Storyteller’s discretion.
>>
File: Triggered.jpg (7KB, 172x200px) Image search: [Google]
Triggered.jpg
7KB, 172x200px
>WST costs 2xp / phase
>>
>>46811004
>WST
what
>>
>>46811004
You can skip the first phase, and get up to phase 6 reliable if you're built for it, which is plenty for most needs.
https://strangercreations.wordpress.com/2015/11/27/made-of-dreams/
>>46811060
Wyld-Shaping Technique
>>
>>46811070
>You can skip the first phase, and get up to phase 6 reliable if you're built for it

But that's still 10xp an having to drag your entire circle into the Wyld for months to use it.
>>
>>46811075
>>46811070
If it were 2xp per use then that's fine, but per phase is just spiteful
>>
>>46811075
Sorcerous workings continue to prove superior. You don't even need to spend XP on them while in the wyld, only when you bring them into reality.
>>
>This Ability is important in combat.

Since War is a combat ability, could command actions be considered attacks?
>>
>>46804573
>2000 year old cougar

I like it, I like it.
>>
>>46811167
>Since War is a combat ability, could command actions be considered attacks?

I certainly don't treat them as attacks. Hell, I don't even consider Distract Gambits to be attacks.
>>
>>46811167
Yes
>>
File: 1383613536086.png (72KB, 604x246px) Image search: [Google]
1383613536086.png
72KB, 604x246px
>>46811190
>2000 year old literal cougar
>>
>>46811167
It's not a Combat Ability, just an Ability that's important in combat, like Awareness, Stealth, Athletics, Resistance, et cetera. The Combat Abilities are Melee, Brawl, Martial Arts, Archery, and Thrown.
>>
>This Merit may be re-purchased as many times as desired.
This was added to each of these merits:
>Demesne (•• or ••••)—Story
>Hearthstone (•• or ••••)—Story
>Manse (••• or •••••)—Story
>>
>>46803504
Oh yer a 2D drawing of a imaginary reborn deity? Tell me more!!
>>
>>46810904
That's litterally Gautama Buddha sitting under the tree. How is it stupid?
>>
>>46811623

It's also unlikely to be useful for a player character. Ever.
>>
>>46809082
There are various effects that say soak and hardness do not apply, most notably among them poisons.
>>
Addition to Treating Wounds:
>A character treating his own wounds raises the diiculty by 1.
(sic)
>>
>>46811669
I'm sorry, but if the possibility of becoming a litteral unvulnerable preacher doesn't give you wet dreams, I don't know what would.

You can literally sit in front of the Scarlet Palace and start rousing the people, and there is no way to remove you from the premises.

If Gandhi could do that we'd be contemplating the turmoils of the past like bizarre curiosities from the confort of a fully peaceful 21st century.
>>
>>46811669
>It's also unlikely to be useful for a player character.

Being invulnerable? You can sit down in the middle of Creation being undone and not the Unshaped, not the Yozi, not anything can kill you.
>>
>>46811730
Woops, apparently it was spelled correctly on the pdf but my pdf comparison messed it up.
For superior projects on page 241, we get this:
>Large construction projects are treated as 2 or 3-dot artifacts at the Storyteller’s discretion.
>>
>>46811757
>>46811808
>you are still subject to social influence
And just like how there are things that can kill you even if you're a Solar who's really good at combat, there are things that can completely rewrite your intimacies (or simply talk you into ending your meditation) even if you're a social tank, especially if you're stuck in one place and unable to leave the conversation.
>>
>>46811757
Addendum : or we'd all be dead in a Nuclear Apocalypse, if we're playing Civ 4.

I'm off to work but I'll ask a question for when I'm back : in Ex2.5, what mutations would you give an Ess3 Slayer using the Devil Body Shintai charm thing if you were to build him to be an impressive but manageable boss battle for a circle of 4 Ess3 DBs?

I know mutations can get OP fast, and I've never used them before, so I'd rather take suggestions from people who know what they're doing.
>>
>>46811856
Sure, but those are going to be few and far between, will make for absolutely brilliant scenes, and most importantly, do not in any way render the charm useless like has been claimed.

Just like there being things that can defeat a Combat Solar in combat doesn't render Combat Solars useless.
>>
>>46811856
Barque of Transcendent Vision, can't be influenced.
>>
>>46811886
If I'm reading this right, though, you have to sit and meditate the whole time. You are untouchable but also incapable of touching. You can't leave the scene and can't pursue others who are leaving the scene. And in this hypothetical super-dangerous scenario you're walking into, you are not protected on your way in or on your way out.

Also, you lose the benefit of your Ties and Principles, which suddenly makes social influence on you much easier. Someone could just create a new tie for you and then use it to talk you into ending your meditation, and any previous intimacies that might have protected you from that influence cannot help you.
>>
hey guys..
can someone post the book somewhere other than dropbox, cuz none of the previous ones are working
>>
File: 1382839303866.png (64KB, 700x500px) Image search: [Google]
1382839303866.png
64KB, 700x500px
>>46808289
>Error (429)
>This account's links are generating too much traffic and have been temporarily disabled!
>>
>>46811910
You might be invulnerable and untouchable to your enemies, but you also can't move or interact with anything. There's nothing stopping your enemies from constructing a giant death trap tomb-manse complex around you as you sit there unperturbed in the middle of a giant essence reactor that would instantly disintegrate someone not using a Perfect Defense.

So, naturally, your PCs hear about a First Age ruin where a great Demon King was imprisoned with the fall of the First Age... and if they explore it, they find out that many of the defenses are pointed *inwards*, and at the core of it is an Essence 10 Solar ascetic who has spent the last two thousand years in constant meditation.
>>
>>46812067
>Perfect Defense
are those still a thing in 3e?
>>
>>46812077

Seven Shadows Evasion is the only "true" perfect left, in that you activate it and an attack just goes away, no questions asked, but all three of the perfects (HGD, SSE, AST) have a secondary mode that shuts down "recurring uncountable environmental damage," which you use to survive shit like avalanches, mountains falling on you, Kimbery uttering your name in a hateful way, etc.
>>
Naval combat, for the maneuver roll:
>If opposed by two or more other ships, the player’s roll suffers a -2 penalty for each ship beyond the first.

Charm order:
>Attackers declare their Charms before defenders.
Simple Charms:
>Simple Charms generally create actions using their governing Ability, unless otherwise indicated.

Supplemental got rewritten a lot, here's it all:
>Supplemental—Supplemental Charms enhance an action, such as an attack roll, crafting roll, or social influence roll. Supplemental Charms can generally only benefit rolls using the Ability they’re listed under, unless otherwise stated. A character may use as many supplemental Charms as she desires during a round, so long as she is taking valid actions for them to enhance. She cannot, however, activate the same Charm on the same action multiple times to stack its effect—a Solar could not, for example, activate Hungry Tiger Technique five times to enhance the same withering attack, multiplying its damage by six.

Reflexive charms adds this:
>Relexive Charms which enhance static values may generally only enhance static values deriving from their governing Ability, unless otherwise indicated. For example, Dipping Swallow Defense will only remove penalties from a Melee-based Parry attempt.

Next up is individual charm changes, this'll be annoying to sort through.
>>
>>46812157
Could you upload it?
>>
>>46812195
Was waiting on it finishing, here.
https://www.scribd.com/doc/309957941/Ex3-Core
>>
File: tumblr_m1vdhhEZwv1qg68t2o1_1280.jpg (173KB, 878x683px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_m1vdhhEZwv1qg68t2o1_1280.jpg
173KB, 878x683px
>>46812222
>scribd
But why?
>>
>>46812251
PDFy's down, I have no clue what else to use, it was free and anonymous.
What do you suggest?
>>
>>46812279
Mediafire, mega,4chan?
>>
>>46812296
Too big for 4chan

>At each interval of the poison’s duration, the Storyteller rolls its damage, with each success inflicting one level/point of the appropriate type of damage

So Mists of Eventide doesn't even take 3i/round, it just lets you roll 3 dice of it?

Man, that's way less useful than it first appeared
>>
>>46812336

It wasn't the poison that made it retarded good, it was the control benefits, which got nerfed.

As is it's still a poison you can smack the entire battlefield with, which is certainly worth it.
>>
>>46812356
>entire battlefield

It only affects close range from where you case it. That's at best a size 1 battle group
>>
I've just realized that the honey badger art was supposed to be Faka Kun and Demetheus fleeing from a Lunar. What a difference good art makes.
>>
>>46812296
Mega and mediafire need an account, it's too big for 4chan.
What exactly is the problem with scribd?
Someone else DL it from there and upload it, I can't be arsed.
>>
File: 1459076234813.jpg (113KB, 401x401px) Image search: [Google]
1459076234813.jpg
113KB, 401x401px
>>46812403
>Mega and mediafire need an account
>What exactly is the problem with scribd?
Are you stupid?
>>
>>46812403

Shitting fuck..... scribd.... Might as well buy it from Drivethru
>>
So, when will we get dragonblooded and the other splats? In 2020?
>>
File: 1459370504532.jpg (39KB, 472x472px) Image search: [Google]
1459370504532.jpg
39KB, 472x472px
https://mega.nz/#!ctgxyJaC!ygkrLnFsrnBJzIUZY-dJsMfyFrhFQgDsQuuo52fcW0I
Here you go

>mfw had a Scribd account for some reason
>>
why did they nerf Yozi Venom?
>>
>>46812403
>>46812433

http://www.mediafire.com/download/q51qw8skdw1rg15/Exalted_3e_Core.pdf
>>
Who's that on page 19?
>>
>>46812472
>>46812494
I

You are the hero this board needed.
>>
File: 1383619183452.png (101KB, 613x500px) Image search: [Google]
1383619183452.png
101KB, 613x500px
>>46812503
>>
>>46812472
thanks!!
i was downloading from scribd with 15 kb/s
>>
>>46812496
I assume it's Novia, but she looks a little... Pale.
>>
>>46812496
Oral Caivon
>>
File: 4fUdToP.gif (1MB, 736x130px) Image search: [Google]
4fUdToP.gif
1MB, 736x130px
Could a Sidereal dodge the fate of their death and live past 5,000?
>>
>>46812559
Nope.
>>
The shit is happening on page 236 and why is the Caste mark blue?
>>
>>46812632
Shen is purging the babby of disease/poison/whatever, and his caste mark is blue because fuck you that's why (artistic license, the sun looks white when you look directly at it after all)
>>
>no Unity of the Closed Fist
>Benediction of Archgenesis remains

Who the fuck would ever use that spell
>>
Which charm was it that allowed you to know someone's watching and look straight back at them with the smuggest of grins?
>>
>>46810126
Not that guy, but why accept that you're lied to when there are no examples of lies even when you ask for them?
>>
Death Ray doesn't list a damage type, should I assume Lethal?

And it says you can change angle. If I turn to my left does the spell fire anew in that direction, or do I cut a massive arc of explosive death between where I was facing and where I end up?
>>
>>46812716
>If I turn to my left does the spell fire anew in that direction, or do I cut a massive arc of explosive death between where I was facing and where I end up?
whichever is more dramatic I'd say, but usually the latter
>>
>>46812684
Intent-Tracing Stare?
>>
Once initiated into Sorcery using an artefact, would you have to keep the artefact around to continue using Sorcery?
>>
>>46812823
No. Once you're a sorcerer, you're a sorcerer and that's that.
>>
Does Foe-Vaulting Method give you a free attack, or only allow you to make your regular attack surprise?

Someone on the forums said Increasing Strength Exercise doesn't raise your dice cap, but lowers it. Does anyone have a source on this?
>>
>>46812823
No. If your shaping ritual is tied to the artifact however, you will lose access to it.

>>46812860
It benefits an existing attack. ISE doesn't increase your dice-cap because the dice given are charm-dice. They count towards your cap if that's what you mean by 'lowers it'.

The source is the rules on dice granted by charms.
>>
Can you create mundane weapons with the Loom-Snarling Deception?
>>
Revolving Bow Discipline adds
>Used against a battle group, the Solar attacks until she misses or depletes the group’s Magnitude.

Rain of Feathered Death changes
>If the attack hits, each created arrow hits with a raw damage equal to the Solar’s current Initiative minus her successes on each damage roll.
Changed from "on the previous damage roll"

Searing Sunfire Interdiction adds
>If another character uses magic to act first on the same round, compare their Initiative to determine order of actions.

Thunderbolt Attack Prana changed from this:
>This Charm supplements a non-ranged attack which can be made against aerial targets up to short range, or ground targets at short range. The Solar leaps at her target, striking with incredible force—damage is doubled after it is rolled. If the Exalt uses this attack to move to short range, it counts as her movement action for the round.
To this:
>This Charm supplements a non-ranged attack which can be made against aerial targets up to short range, or ground targets at short range. The Solar leaps at her target, striking with incredible force—damage is doubled after it is rolled. If the Exalt uses this attack to move to short range, it counts as her movement action for the round.

Living Pulse Perception changed from Instant to Permanent.

Wicked Dissolve Dust adds
>Decisive-only

Tireless Workhorse Method lost the Stackable keyword.

Design Beyond Limit was intended to fix the references to evocation tiers, but they goofed.

Hero-Forging God-Weapon and Soul-Forge Tempering were entirely deleted.

And I'll finish the other half of the book tomorrow.
>>
>>46812911
I didn't think ISE gave you charm-dice, I thought it gave you temporary dots.

"For every three motes of Essence or Initiative the Exalt spends, her Strength score increases by one. *Each dot of increase* also raises the base damage of her decisive attacks by one."

So you'd raise your str from 3 dots to 6 dots and your cap would raise accordingly.
>>
>>46812952
>>This Charm supplements a non-ranged attack which can be made against aerial targets up to short range, or ground targets at short range. The Solar leaps at her target, striking with incredible force—damage is doubled after it is rolled. If the Exalt uses this attack to move to short range, it counts as her movement action for the round.
>To this:
>>This Charm supplements a non-ranged attack which can be made against aerial targets up to short range, or ground targets at short range. The Solar leaps at her target, striking with incredible force—damage is doubled after it is rolled. If the Exalt uses this attack to move to short range, it counts as her movement action for the round.
Am I going blind here?
>>
>>46811808

> Being invulnerable? You can sit down in the middle of Creation being undone and not the Unshaped, not the Yozi, not anything can kill you.

They can't kill you, but they can chuck you down a volcano and wait for you to stop meditating. Nothing about the charm says you're immobile or untouchable, just that you can't be harmed.
>>
>>46813036
Chucking me in a volcano sounds like harming me
>>
>>46812975
You're increasing the number of dice granted to all of your strength pools, by use of a charm. It's pretty straightforward.

I mean, it'd be cool if it wasn't that way but it's already and absurdly powerful charm at higher essence. My GM would hate me if my grapple pools were at 14 before excellency.
>>
>>46813016
Nice catch, my bad. New version is this:
>This Charm supplements a non-ranged attack which can be made against aerial targets up to short range, or ground targets at another range band. The Solar leaps at her target, striking with incredible force—damage is doubled after it is rolled. If the Exalt uses this attack to move to another range band, it counts as her movement action for the round.
>>
>>46813044

Chucking you in a volcano doesn't harm you. You'd be sitting meditating entirely unharmed at the bottom of a pool of lava. Just, you know, don't stop meditating.
>>
>>46813123
The Charm says that the Solar is untouchable, though. How do you chuck someone in a volcano without touching him?
>>
>>46813166

The joys of natural language charms. I don't think untouchable means literally intangible - it means what it says in the next sentence: "She cannot be attacked or harmed in any way, though she can still be subject to social influence. Powerful beings such as demons whose very voices break hearts and shatter souls may converse with her without harming her"

But even if you go super-literal, you can always pick up whatever surface the Solar's sitting on.
>>
If you fix a journal with Incantation of Effective Restoration, does it have what was written on it before it was destroyed, or does it go back to factory settings?
>>
>>46813123
And how would they throw you. That would involved picking you up, which is grappling - an attack
>>
Would you allow a blessing upon a group of people as a high celestial/low solar working?
How powerful do you think it could be, at most?
>>
>>46813360
Double 8s on rolls relevant to the blessing
>>
>>46813360
A Power 2 Celestial working lets you inflict mutations on everything in the ecosystem; using a Working to create your own personally-designed Blessed Race is totally doable.
>>
So any news on Anathema being updated?
>>
>>46812762
Danke
>>
File: kutchers.gif (624KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
kutchers.gif
624KB, 500x375px
>>46813478
>>
File: 1383011605003.png (89KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
1383011605003.png
89KB, 800x600px
>>46813478
>>46813666
https://github.com/anathema/anathema_3e
>>
>>46813695
>https://github.com/anathema/anathema_3e

Last update, November 2015.
>>
>>46813036
Grabbing is an attack. It prevents attacks.

Although sure, they may shape a sea of lava all around you.
>>
>>46813815

Cool. Make sure you roll join battle next time you want to grab your girlfriend's arse. It's an attack, remember.

Or maybe you could take a hammer and pound into your head the concept that picking up and carrying someone who is incapable of resisting is best modelled as a narrative action rather than a combat.
>>
>>46813897
>calling narrative action in attempt to weasel around narrative effect of the charm
That's even worse than peasant railgun shittery.
>>
>>46813948

No, I believe trying to jam mechanical issues into a narrative situation is involves far more shittery than dealing with a narrative situation narratively.
>>
>>46813965
The narrative effect of the Charm is pretty clearly supposed to be that the Solar sits there undisturbed, at least undisturbed by anything physical, no matter what.
>>
>>46808518
>>46808580

Shikari was definitely in 1e's Cult of the Illuminated book.
>>
Does anyone have a link showing the old and replacement art next to each other?
>>
What level of Finesse is closest to the level of control you get from a normal spell?
>>
File: 6mZ2W99.jpg (328KB, 1899x1070px) Image search: [Google]
6mZ2W99.jpg
328KB, 1899x1070px
>>46812912
I don't see why not
>>
So which of the download links is best? Any difference?
>>
>>46814328
Mega, Mediafire, and Scribd are the same
Scribd needs an account
Dropbox is probably still overtaxed
>>
>>46814387

You fire a normal spell, you get what you expected, nothing more or less. To get what you expected (and only what you expected) in a Sorcerous Working you need max finesse.
>>
>>46813054
ground targets at another range band sounds pretty vague. I can't just use it to run to a long range band and slap someone right?
>>
>>46812716

Death Ray does Aggravated damage due to having the correlated keyword.
>>
Does anyone else prefer the bookmarks in the leak to the official ones in the new pdf?
>>
>>46814551
Yeah, it should probably say 'the next rangeband' or 'an adjacent rangeband'.
>>
>>46814604
Thanks, though that raises another question

If you first turn is a decisive attack then hitting stuff resets you to base initiative. How then can you keep firing on subsequent turns because you'll have a bullshit dicepool for subsequent attacks
>>
>>46814756
No, the leak version bookmarks pissed me off.
>>
>>46815105
Really? Why?
>>
>>46815087

"Making this attack does not immediately reset
the Solar to base Initiative...If the sorcerer lacks the sorcerous motes needed to continue
casting this spell or chooses not to continue [casting in subsequent rounds], then she immediately resets to base Initiative (if not already lower). Her turn is then delayed appropriately."

A single cast sustained over multiple rounds does cause initiative reset until the last round.
>>
>>46815087
Bro have you read the spell?

You get (Essence) automatic successes on the attack roll, then add extra successes from the attack roll and your temporary willpower to the base damage.

Further, it explicitly says you only reset to base if you can't keep casting it.
>>
Disappointing. I just checked Volcano Cutter and it looks like the average person doesn't get to use its evocations for 5+ turns.
Thread posts: 355
Thread images: 33

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.