[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Jumpchain CYOA Thread #797 It's Okay To Not Like Things Edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 519
Thread images: 54

>Google Drive
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&usp=sharing

>Jumpchain IRC Chat
http://client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=%23JumpchainCYOA
https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
http://pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread
>>46786241
>>
File: tumblr_nqolamD6iU1swk8e0o1_400.gif (138KB, 354x369px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nqolamD6iU1swk8e0o1_400.gif
138KB, 354x369px
>>46795725
This is what I think of you people and your thread.
>>
Anyone willing to help me balance the cost and wording of powers/abilities for my The Fountain Jump?

CONCIOUSNESS TIER
Sense of the now -area awareness
Sense of the then - object and room reading
Sense of the soon - ten second precog
Perfect time - you have a perfect awareness of time

TEMPORAL TIER
Borrowed seconds - every year you gain twelve seconds to spend as you wish. You may store them up. They can be used to give you extra time to do something or to extend a time limited ability
Stolen moments - you may distract someone and make time jump forward for them without them noticing
Time apart - you may take a ten minute time out
Time out of mind -you may send a thought or question to your past self in the hopes that they will be able to answer it before they become you. You will know instantly in they succeeded. 140 character limit
>>
part 2
SPIRITUAL TIER
The departed speak to the recently dead: as long as a person has been dead no more than a week, you may speak to them as if they were still alive.
Sooth extreme emotions: You have achieved inner calm and can project it as long as you are not currently experiencing any strong emotion yourself. Merely being in someone’s presence is enough, but physical contact, oratory or song, or just allowing them to see you can all boost the effect.
Grant absolution: If you can convince someone to pour out their deepest fears, regrets, or sins to you, you can grant them true absolution, allowing them to forgive themselves and move on. This does absolutely nothing for you as it does not work if you make it conditional
500 years of Practice: you have spent 500 years mastering and beyond mastering any singular skill or artform. Sure you are absolutely obsessed with it, but that will fade as the jump comes to an end.

PHYSICAL TIER
Perfect health & Regeneration:
Energy state: once per jump you may become pure energy and reincarnate yourself at will.
All together now. You may choose to absorb the personality of any self into a gestaltrn whole
>>
>Hollow (100, 200, or 400 CP) – On your way out of the Hedge, you ran through an abandoned building in a glade, and you memorized it's location and what trods lead to it. For 100 CP, you came across an empty clearing with a single wooden door and a lot of potential. For 200 CP, you went through a small cottage which was a bit bigger on the inside and is surprisingly sturdy. For 400 CP, you lucked your way into the a nice two story ranch style house with basement, found a safe passage through the wards protecting the place, and it has running electricity and water somehow. Post-jump, the glade will be available through a door, well, or skylight in your warehouse. Attempts to leave that glade except through where you entered will return you to the glade in a different location.

Can Changeling be checkmarked in the warehouse add-on section of the jumpchain list now?
>>
Is the Once Upon a Time jump done now or is it still being worked on?
>>
File: ASsmirk.png (254KB, 487x518px) Image search: [Google]
ASsmirk.png
254KB, 487x518px
>>46795366
Wrong way round, actually. Light of Terra WAS the hangover, considering we were stripped of all our powers at that point. Which take it from us, is even less fun than it sounds. The...grossness of being trapped in a decaying human meatsuit drove us mad enough to start ripping ourself apart, until our Necron Spyder bro was kind enough to replace most of our body with necrodermis.

Before that? We...were honestly kind of a dick, we won't lie. It's not like we just woke up and said "right, it's time to kill all the Spiral races". It was a gradual thing.

The paranoia from the enemy we had made, and the growing self-hate from realising we were slowly becoming like Nyarlathotep just to be able to fight it off. The simple callousness that came with it being harder to relate to people, and the frustration from seeing their failing repeated in reality after reality. It's funny, we saved Qilby from isolation but nobody could save us from ourself.

And the curiosity we had for peering into the true nature of souls in the multiverse was a sound distraction from both.

There was, in short, a lot of metaphysical hard-partying for many centuries.

We had our lucid moments. Sometimes we'd go somewhere that reminded us, just for a second, what it was like to stand true for something worthwhile.

Or even someone worth protecting.

And then we'd go to another reality where all bets were off once more, and had to fight to survive. Nothing to make you fall off the bandwagon like having no center, no constant to your life but a bored cosmic being seeing you as entertainment.

We realise we were...sloppy and shortsighted in how we acted before our reality check. And our morally upright companions won't let us forget it.

>>46795900
I think it's ready for builds but Cracker Jack was going to put in some clearer benchmarks for some things, shouldn't be a major update if there is one at all.
>>
>>46795943
A reminder that that C'tan died for your sins.
>>
>>46795780
Thanks, anon. Much appreciated.
>>
Best places for a healing factor that isn't the x-men jump? Taking other things from that.
>>
>>46796172
Devil May Cry has one that lets you regenerate limbs in hours.
>>
>>46796172
Marvel and Claymore.
>>
>>46796172
Symbiote and SCP.
>>
>>46796172
Claymore, just being a defensive type would grant limb restoration within a day if you aren't very powerful, faster if you are. Then there is the "Filled With Hate" perk that grants some obscene level of regeneration.
>>
>>46796172
Shoggoth can sort of be used as a healing factor. I mean you take damage then kinda glorp back together.
>>
>>46796223
>>46796238
>>46796270
>>46796275
Thank you all, much appreciated.
>>
File: antispiralhuman1.png (60KB, 704x478px) Image search: [Google]
antispiralhuman1.png
60KB, 704x478px
>>46795962
WE KNOW. RIP in peace anonymous celestial being shard ;_;

>>46795805
What perk tier system are you using? 100/300/600? 100/200/400/600?

Also, what on earth are you basing the temporal/spiritial ones on? I don't remember any time/spirit shenanigans from the Fountain. As a general rule it's a bad idea to just make up powers that aren't represented in canon unless they're sufficiently thematic. I'd prefer you focus on more subtle/ambiguous perks than explicit time shenanigans.

>Sense of the now

100-200

>Sense of the then

Exactly what does this do? Tentative 300-400. If it does something truly spectacular maybe it could merit a capstone?

>Sense of the soon

300-400 or maybe a capstone i.e. 600 depending on how accurate it is, I suppose

>Perfect time

Uh. Not sure. Could be a capstone if the other abilities are modest enough? Could also be a 200-300 if one of them gives enough of an advantage relative to the rest

>Borrowed seconds

600, if not 800. It's really iffy even so, though. Not sure about this.

>Stolen moments

This sounds rather hard to define, I'd rather you not include it

>Time apart

What a "time out" is needs to be defined. If it's, say, a state where you can only take mental actions I'd say 200-300

>Time out of mind

...maybe leave this one out.

>The departed speak to the recently dead

300-400, be warned worlds with certain kinds of afterlife may lead to awkward conversations with the grim reaper as well

>sooth extreme emotions

300-400

>grant absolution

600, should probably put some sort of caveat for particularly twisted characters

>500 years of practice

200-300

>perfect health & regen

600 given the themes of The Fountain

>All together now

Not sure what this does. Tentative 200?

>Energy state

>>46796172
Potentially JoJo or Worm depending what your Stand/Shard is.
>>
>>46796299
Missed you in >>46796301

Side question what kind of power level is Symbiote?
>>
>>46796172
The Prototype perk from Prototype, in conjunction with 401k from Highschool of the Dead, should make you pretty hard to kill, as long as your conscious.

Prototypes can heal almost instantly as long as they have the biomass necessary, and 401k lets you hold potentially limitless amounts of food/water/air/sleep.
>>
Text cut off because of post limits but-Energy state is one of those things you should seriously consider replacing because extra lives are one of those controversial areas in Jumpchain.

That and Borrowed Seconds and Stolen moments since they seem particularly really out of place in terms of application for The Fountain as a setting.
>>
>>46796321
Well at the story's end the two 'main' Symbiote-Host Pairs join and become literal gods (no really, the writing just took a shit and they literally call themselves God A and God B).
>>
>>46796321
It has reality warpers with interplanetary range by the end (you can't duplicate their ascension until post-chain).
>>
>>46796408
>>46796422
Is it survivable early on, say 10 jumps or so? I would also most likely try to stay out of the plot.
>>
>>46796321
Not too bad. Assuming you don't start committing atrocities and drawing the wrath of God A and God B (who won't exist yet at the time you enter the jump unless you take a drawback, so you could prevent their ascension), the only real threat is the Facet, a military AI that eventually starts trying to do crazy evil stuff. But even then its robot armies aren't that strong.

>>46796408
Not at the end. It actually happens in the middle of the story. But the new gods decide to create copies of themselves as they were when they were still mortal, for some reason, and the narrative continues following them. God A and God B fuck off to do their own things.

>>46796457
Very. Like I said, so long as you aren't cartoonishly evil, the reality-warpers won't care about you.
>>
>>46796457
Stay out of the United States, you're out of the plot.
>>
>>46796488
Or Australia, a lot of symbiotes move to Australia.
>>
>>46796480
>>46796488
Thanks, honestly i always leave the US in any jump I can. Far too hot in most places.
>>
>>46796480
... well I guess the middle's where I stopped reading then.

Seriously, it's like a Material Sciences student tried to write something expounding the virtues of CARBONCARBONCARBON and disregarded everything else that wasn't the science-y stuff or the combat. The character interactions are literally meh-tier.
>>
Going through Dresden, would Multiple Choice work on a Denarian? I mean they'll probably be a lot less likely to let you do it a second time but it may be useful as a last resort.
>>
>>46796316
I assumed 1/2/4/6
The movie is all about time, enlightenment, reincarnation, and the impermanence of all things.

Sense of the Then is psychometry, the ability to know the history of a place or object.
A time out is stepping outside of time for 10 minutes... but you can't interact with anything else you aren't carrying and you must reenter the flow of time at the same moment you left.
what kind of Caveat would you recommend for Grant Absolution.
>>
http://pastebin.com/BghfjPVQ

So to make up for the slow progress on Boktai, I present to you all some writefaggotry about a girl named Chloe Nash beginning her jumpchain. More to follow if there's interest.
>>
>>46796521
Yeah, it's not that great. It was the author's first work, they get better later on. Mostly. There's this bit in the middle of Reject Hero that is just...ugh. Yes, we get it, your description of the superhuman-founded space colony is very clever. Can we move on?
>>
>>46796387
I wasn't thinking of Energy State as an extra life thing. I was thinking more of using it to transform yourself int a new being. I can limit it to requiring being healthy, not dying, or something.
>>
>>46796553
Ah, okay.

I get that, it's just that putting in actual time powers seems inappropriate to me since all the characters have no innate control over time/spirit to that extent.

Hmm. How far back d'you go, and only mundane objects or supernatural ones too? I'd say definitely 600. Any risk of sensory overload if, say, you touched a dragon dildo?

And 300 for time out.

Basically, has to be a genuine desire for redemption expressed during a lucid state of mind I'd say. No Griffiths or drunkards. Also has to be close enough to a regular human's psyche but I suppose that goes without saying. I dunno maybe I'm being too strict about the condition.

>>46796593
Oh! In that case I think you'd have to define what "a new being" means before I come to a certain decision but if it doesn't let you outright cheat death I think it would work fine as a 600, then.
>>
Speaking of Symbiote, I have a question for the author if they're around. Jolly Cooperation is discounted if you import an AI to be your Symbiote. Would it be unreasonable for a companion who is already a symbiotic life form to get a discount too? A Kamui, for example.

I mean, I could just take a 100-point drawback to cover the difference. I'm just wondering if there's a specific reason existing symbiotics don't qualify, or if it was an oversight.
>>
>>46796707
>I get that, it's just that putting in actual time powers seems inappropriate to me since all the characters have no innate control over time/spirit to that extent.
That's true... how about if I limit use of those powers to Future Selves only, since they're clearly into the "Sufficiently advanced" segment / able to manipulate physics and temporality through unseen instrumentality?
>Hmm. How far back d'you go, and only mundane objects or supernatural ones too? I'd say definitely 600. Any risk of sensory overload if, say, you touched a dragon dildo?
Oh, yes, sensory overload very much, but I can put in language about how you get more information the more you focus, and that magical items cause more strain than mundane
>And 300 for time out.
>a genuine desire for redemption expressed during a lucid state of mind I'd say.
Yeah, I pretty much assumed that was a given, but I can be more clear in wording.
>>>46796593 (You)
>what "a new being" means
Essentially another individual that would have the same essential character traits (a nord warrior origin character would remain a nord warrior, but they'd be a different person, different name, different appearance, different mapped overlay personality.
>>
What exactly is possible with Vortessence in the Halflife jump?
>>
>>46797012
That mostly all sounds good. I'd rather you just nix the powers though if there aren't any canon feats to back them up beyond the bubble-ship Tom flies within. Feels like leaping to conclusions too fast. Maybe some sort of super science engineering perk to represent that kind of advanced understanding of physical laws but I fear that may be personal bias speaking a little since there's so few glimpses into Future Tom's era of tech.

If you do keep some time powers I think the ones relating to one's personal perception of time rather than affecting that of others' or manipulating time as a tangible force would be OK, though. Or others along those lines.

Seems I'm the only other person here to have watched The Fountain though. Hope you don't mind getting feedback from just me if there don't turn out to be a few others around some other time.
>>
>>46796530
Huh, I never considered that. I don't see why not. It won't free you of their influence unless you give up the coin, but it'll probably let you agree to take on more of their influence for power, then yank it away. Just be careful, because it's the sort of thing you pretty much can only do once, and having an angry Denarian in your head is a very bad idea.
>>
Just started doing the Naruto Jump, had to refresh my memories of a lot of things because I jumped ship after the Great Kage Meeting and Sauce's obliteration at the hands of the 4-time Kumogakure League champion.

I just have one thing to say:
1) I'm jumping in as an Orphan of the Clan, but FUCK the Senju are just bullshit.
>>
>>46797122
Based on what we've seen in the games? Electricity manipulation, acting normally when time is stopped, and healing people. Any other uses of it are pure conjecture.
>>
>>46795900
Basically what ASA said. Shouldn't be a major update; just use the one with the logo on it.
>>
File: 1402006315880.gif (492KB, 500x252px) Image search: [Google]
1402006315880.gif
492KB, 500x252px
http://pastebin.com/qPHpL0LR
I've been putting it together for the past couple of days. And I'm having difficulty trying to come up with suitable theme appropriate perks. There's a good chance I might miss something. And the power packages might even get nixed entirely. Split into individual powers. Lots of stuff in this jump I had stewing in for months. But since I never got around to putting it to work a lot of the things I planned on adding where put into other jumps. If there's anything you want included just let me know.
>>
>>46797122
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rv5GFqWcOwk

In this scene a team of Vortigaunts (the aliens who are actually the users of Vortessence) are basically interrupting the G-man's (creepy, powerful reality bender) time stop and abduction of the player and Alyx, the girl.

A team off Vortigaunts can hold off the G-man, who is one of the most powerful beings in Half-Life. He's like a cross between a pencil pushing salary man and mid-level god.
>>
>>46797338
>>46797380

Neato
>>
>>46797380
I'm not sure the G-Man is really that strong on the personal scale, though. He works mainly through intermediaries, that's the whole point of his relationship with Gordon. There are definitely stronger things than him, out there. For example, Nihilanth, who enslaved the Vortigaunts. Then again, Nihilanth died to a guy in a primitive power suit hitting it in the head with a crowbar, so...I don't know. The power levels are all over the place, there.
>>
>>46796387
I don't see how it's that big of a deal. A Horcrux or just a good ol' fashioned phylactery is essentially infinite free lives.
>>
>>46797213
No, I'm glad someone is giving feedback. I'll post a few more times as I get the thing closer to finished. Its my first Jump creation and i've only been at this for 9 days.
>>
>>46797356
Insufficient pretty perks.
>But it has Picturesque-
INSUFFICIENT PRETTY PERKS.

Is PG-13 Brutality this setting only, or something I can keep going forward? It refers to the setting too strongly for me to be certain. If not, can you add a paid option for permanence (well, including the toggle)?

Construction Junction is clear as mud. Do you make power sources? Lantern-ish constructs?
>>
>>46797311
So, uh, THEORETICALLY, if someone pulled some bullshit and brainwashed/befriended a Denarian, could they're have a Naruto/Kurama style partnership?
>>
>>46797356
I...take it Tales of Symphonia is hitting some major developmental problems?

>Super luck

Yeah, that sounds a bit too hard to explain.

>sticking up for the little guy

I think this definitely need some kind of upper limit because suffice to say I'm quite familiar with some powers that are intrinsically horrifying.

>constructive junction

Is this psionics/magic/ki from the DCAU only or your own? D'you make constructs or power sources out of it? It's a little unclear.

>Nth metal weapon

To clarify is it literally indestructible even by omnipotents or is it just always charged up?

>Guide to Super Tech Theory

Copying ANY supernatural powers (oh god Stands and SMT bosses) seems a little much even by Amazo standards. Should probably add a benchmark for what you can easily reproduce.

>>46797476
Point, although it's still not really something represented in The Fountain-not in the span of less than 10 years, anyway. Though to be fair being killed with a Horcrux only sustains you as a ghost and you need some magical ingredients just to reconstitute into a gross baby thing, and even more ingredients to completely ressurect into a healthy human body. And of course, it can be broken.
>>
>>46797505
Theoretically, yes.

But in practice it's slightly harder than not regretting shoving a glass tube in your dick and then squeezing it hard. Fallen angels are hardcore motherfuckers responsible for things like the Black Plague.
>>
>>46797532
If I recall, the DCU Amazo could copy any powers except for Chaos Magic. Everything else was fair game, to the point that he eventually got so strong that he could fight every single Green Lantern at once and beat them. While holding back so that he didn't cause fatalities, while they were going all out. DCU Amazo is some seriously broken bullshit. I'm not saying that in support of Guide to Super Tech Theory, though. If anything, we should be more limited than him.
>>
>>46797505
I was about to cry 'bullshit' but remembered that Jumpers are overpowered out of context solutions/problems.

Short answer- no. Denarians are very intelligent, incredibly well learned, have entirely too much forbidden knowledge, and centuries of time to refine magics- mortal or otherwise. They aren't power sources in any capacity. When they tempt you with 'power' what that actually means is their own forbidden knowledge and experience.
>>
>>46797532
What's this about Tales of Symphonia?
>>
>>46797532
>I...take it Tales of Symphonia is hitting some major developmental problems?
But... we already have a Tales of Symphonia jump.
>>
>>46797622
>>46797627
Ugh, my bad. Brain derped, it was Kingdom Hearts I meant to type.
>>
>>46797627
I think he meant to say Tales of Phantasia. That's being worked on right now.
>>
Happy 420!
>>
>>46797505
What >>46797554 said. Except I think he may be underselling the difficulty. What's much more likely is that you get the sort of partnership Nicodemus and Anduriel have... Where you just think you're equals and don't realize just how much you're really being manipulated.

>>46797600
They do offer Hellfire, their alternate form, and their supernatural abilities like Anduriel's spymaster trick. Might be what he means.
>>
File: ocarina of time poster.jpg (146KB, 812x1023px) Image search: [Google]
ocarina of time poster.jpg
146KB, 812x1023px
I know we have a Legend of Zelda jump, but it's kind of generic- the 'location' roll is for the era, I mean.

I might have some free time in the near future, and I'm mulling over the idea of making an Ocarina/Majora specific Zelda jump- I think it's well suited to a decade period given the time span Ocarina takes place in, and you can run off to Termina for a bonus episode if/when you want to.

However, if the community does not approve, I won't bother. I have other ways to entertain myself. :)
>>
>>46797763
What about really old Jumpers who have more in common with the angels themselves than they do humans?
>>
>>46797771
I'm ambivalent. The one we have is kind of based on all the Zeldas, and includes things from those two. On the other hand, we have broad Jumps with specific Jumps made afterwards, like Fallout and Fallout 4 and DC and all the DC-setting jumps.
>>
>>46796563
Why not? We could use more writing.
>>
>>46797771
The setting is already covered. Multiple jumps for it is not allowed.
>>
File: 1377655012804.jpg (22KB, 300x359px) Image search: [Google]
1377655012804.jpg
22KB, 300x359px
>>46797502
>INSUFFICIENT PRETTY PERKS
PG-13 Brutality is supposed to be a free perk for you. But if you think that's too good for a free for setting perk to carry over. I'll make restricted to setting then make it purchasable to carry over.

>Construction Junction is clear as mud.
You are your power source. It's entirely internal. And it's generally lantern-ish constructs.

>>46797532
Construction Junction is your own as well. So if you have any perks that enhance said source of power it'll apply.

Nth Metal can be fucked up by Nth metal. So I assume adamantium like when against magical sources. But I doubt it could handle omnipotence. In the show the weapon gains a charge based on your intentions. Or it least it seemed to whenever hawk girl wielded it.

Amazo can copy a number of things. Including cosmic energy forces. But is really hampered by chaos magic. Or pure magical sources in general from what I remember seeing in the show. He seemed to be mostly restricted to using Comic Book science to recreate all of it. It's not meant to let you make Amazo right off the bat. It lets you apply your super science to recreate super powers.

Also KH kinda hit a snag with TopHat having to deal with some serious personal issues for a bit. But he's back and we're hacking away at the rest of it.
>>
>>46797771
While I would like it, you'd need the permission of whoever made the base LoZ jump, and they'd likely have to remove the relevant Era from it.
>>
>>46797771
I would suggest trying to get in contact with the jump maker Rukipedia, they may be willing to let you. That said I haven't seen them in a while.
>>
>>46796172
SCP for survival, Marvel for speed
>>
>>46797892
>PG-13
I was simply curious because of the wording. Since it's mostly cosmetic, I don't think it needs to be a separate purchase. I'm simply also invested in making sure I keep it since the ability to make fights more palatable to watch is great for PR.

>Construction Junction
Thank you for clarifying! I do think it is worth including a simple line of 'Green Lantern lite, powered by X, upper limit Y, and with no assisting xenotech computer/AI.'
>>
>>46797892
Alright. Sorry to hear. That clears up some stuff though it'd be good to know what DCAU psionics/magic/ki can actually do if you buy Construction Junction without prior psionics/ki/magic perks.

And I still recommend giving some examples for what you can easily copy with the science initially, and what you can definitely copy once you've fully understood it to save questions on things like entire magic systems or conceptual stuff like the MEoDP
>>
>>46797657
That's my department. It's in limbo while I work on Boktai. I'll free it up if it drags on too long of a wait time, though.
>>
>>46797771
We have generic jumps and setting specific that are already covered in them, so long as you are not in the same era as you were before I say go for it. Alternate universe stuff happen all the time. We have like what 2 marvel jumps and an xmen jump?
>>
>>46798100
All the marvel and xmen jumps do not cross over and deal with totally different universes. The Zelda jump is not this, it fully includes Majora/Ocarina.
>>
>>46797771

From what I can tell if you want to make a Zelda jump you would you would basically have to either a. get permission, b. find a way to prove this is one of the settings where it's okay for their to be multiple jumps like Warhammer 4000 for example, or c. find a Zelda thing not covered by the jump at all (most of which from what I can tell suck).
>>
>>46798328
Hyrule Warriors was alright-actually, is Hyrule Total War covered under the Total War jump? Because that mod had a pretty interesting story/mythos.
>>
>>46798381
Total War doesn't cover any crossover mods.
>>
>>46798401
Well then hey, maybe that other anon could do that? I'm just throwing ideas at the wall here.
>>
>>46798135
The this is that with the existing Zelda jump the location roll is for one of seven time periods. Did you want to visit Termina AND Holodrum? Or the Great Sea AND Hyrule? Too bad. They take place centuries, if not millenniums, apart. Or maybe in a parallel time stream. Zelda's meta gets weird.
>>
>>46798381
If Hyrule Warriors gets a jump I want a crazy fangirl and her villainous form as companions.
>>
>>46798481
That would be great, possibly as a companion that has a drawback associated with them, where if you take both they count as a single companion.
>>
>>46798460
Not see what point you're trying to make, because unlike the previous examples all the time periods are possible to go to fromthe location rolls. You can't choose to go to the MCU in the normal Marvel jump nor to the cinematic X men jump. Either get permission from the jump's creator or forget about it.
>>
>>46798381

>Hyrule Warriors was alright

I was more referring to almost all of the other spin offs which seem to have opinions varying from 'ignore that' to 'hold it lets mock it before going back to ignoring it'.
>>
>>46798543
In the majority of jumps, if you end up somewhere you don't like, you can move to wherever you want to be. Landed in Kanto? Charter a flight to Unova.

Legend of Zelda? Hope you have a time machine. Which are generally frowned upon here to my recollection.

More clearly put: In most jumps, the location roll doesn't lock you out of roughly 85% of the franchise.
>>
>>46798595
What's that newest one where Link plays dress up? Wonder how bad it was.
>>
>>46798614
Well, I guess that just means you need to make a choice then huh? Almost like you need to choose which adventure you want to have.
>>
>>46798614
>Which are generally frowned upon here to my recollection.

Have you fucking seen the new namefag people are forming a fanclub over? That shit's not a thing anymore.
>>
>>46798595
Ah, fair enough. Though I can think of any-
>>46798628
>Dress up
What. What the actual fuck.
>>
File: epic-zelda-painting-full.jpg (2MB, 960x5253px) Image search: [Google]
epic-zelda-painting-full.jpg
2MB, 960x5253px
>>46798381
>>46798481
I would fist fight an army of cuccos for a Hyrule Warriors jump.
>>
>>46798636
No?
>>
>>46798629
Choices are for squares.
>>
>>46798629
>you need to make a choice
There's no option to buy your way into the setting you want, so you don't really get a choice at all. Just the lock. But, that's more somethign to bring up with brows or whatever.
>>
>>46798629
While you (?) are right in that the initial anon needs to ask permission from the LoZ jumpmaker to make the separate Ocarina jump, you're making it sound like there should be only one Marvel jump.
>>
>>46798684
Then ask for a 50cp choice option, don't try to make another jump you twits.
>>
>>46798659
Why would you fight a fight you can't win?
>>
>>46798659
>Right click
>Save Link
Aww yeah
>>
>>46798659
...You CAN access the varying timelines and universes normally unavailable in the Legend of Zelda jump, the chief complaint of the other anon as far as I can tell...
>>
>>46798699
If you ignore everything I've said then sure, it sounds like I mean that. Nevermind that I explicitly called out that the Marvel jumps are examples of settings being completely separate, each jump not covering the others and thus justifying why they can be made and said that this was the opposite of the LoZ situation.
>>
File: saltmustflow.jpg (47KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
saltmustflow.jpg
47KB, 250x250px
>>46798667
Don't talk to it.
>>
>>46798706
That literally is the exact same problem anon.
>>
>>46798659
>I would fist fight an army of cuccos for a Hyrule Warriors jump.
But could you take on that army's hero?
>>
Actually does anyone have any clue what the exceptions for the 'only one jump per setting' rule are besides 'if you manage to not cause a shit storm' or 'it was ?

I can sort of understand some of the exceptions like the Fallout and Dragon Age stuff, and the ones where the jump maker split it do to themes and time periods, but other stuff like how Warhammer 40000(esspecially Light of Terra which will probably get me yelled at) and the Type-Moon jump was okay to split but not other similar stuff seemed odd.
>>
>>46799029
>Fallout
4 takes place 10 years after the period covered by the current jump.
>Dragon Age
Inquisition takes place 10 years after the period covered by the jump.
>Warhammer
Race themed jumps, each jump specifically only covers one race (LoT is a gauntlet).
>Type Moon
Different times, places, and universes all made by one person that cover different things.

Understand?
>>
>>46797380
>>46797441
I tend to think of the G-Man as less "mid-level god" and more "proxy of mid-level god(s)".

As for how Nihilanth died: do you know anyone who actually managed to reach and complete that level on their first try, no reloads, and without any prior knowledge of the upcoming danmaku? Because I sure don't. In a fight between Gordon Freeman with a crowbar versus Mace Windu with a lightsaber, I'd put money on Gordon winning. _Somehow_. It would probably involve G-Man's meddling.
>>
>>46799029
If the jumps are separate by enough time that they won't overlap, or are covering completely different aspects of a setting. Tsukihime covers a completely different aspect of nasuverse than fate, and both were able to fill up a jump quite easily without too much overlap.
>>46799071
Tsukihime was not made by Val, she may be a horrible monster, but she's not that bad.
>>
>>46799103
It still takes place in a separate universe not covered by her jumps.
>>
>>46799029
If it's the same franchise but a different universe it's fine.

If it's the same franchise and universe but a different time period it's fine, but you should probably talk to the Jump creator.

If it's the same franchise and and universe, and the same time time period, then you should probably not do this unless the original Jump creator agrees.
>>
>>46797771
While I would personally love nothing more than to have a specific jump for Oot/Majora and possibly for the other periods as well, I think we all know this is never going to happen, for a number of reasons, despite the fact that something similar has been done at least three.

The current Zelda jump 'covers' nearly all the settings of Zelda with the 'location' roll, automatically excluding anything more specific with that single, sprawling feature.

The other, more important reason we can't have another Zelda jump is the precedent it could set, along with the not unfounded concern that it could lead the way to turning jumpmaking into a popularity contest.

And I'd rather have one generic jump that sorta-kinda covers everything in a setting, than have all of Jumpchain collapse in on itself due to infighting and insecurity.

TL;DR

It's best if you don't, even if I really, really want you to.
>>
Actually doesn't Tsukihime happen in the same world as Fate/Stay night? I think there was something about Tsukhime ended before Fate/stay.
>>
>>46799126
Yes but
>Different times, places, and universes all made by one person that cover different things.
still implies Val made it.
>>
>>46799150
True, but it is a shame.

I'd have loved to have jumped so many Zelda locations/periods.
>>
>>46799150
Fair enough.
>>
>>46799176
It does, some of the other Grail wars take place in other universes, but at most Tsukihime and Fate/Stay Night are alternate reality.
>>
>>46799176
It happens in the same time period as one of the locations of FSN but in a completely different area with a totally different focus, vampires instead of Servants. Even still, there was an agreement between the jumpmakers for them to make Tsukihime.
>>
>>46798706
I agree, actually. It's why I said to talk to the jumpmaker about it. It's their's now, so they decide what happens with it.
>>
File: image.png (842KB, 540x853px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
842KB, 540x853px
Anon if you want to make a Zelda jump, Hyrule Warriors would work for a jump.
>>
>>46799029
It also probably has something to do with how much content there is in certain settings.

Like in 40k, you could have a jump for each faction and still not be able to pick even a quarter of the possible options, and that's without different time periods like the Great Crusade or the Horus Heresy.

That also applies to things like Marvel/DC universes which have been running a very long time and have a vast array of possible archetypes and timelines, just one jump wouldn't do the settings justice.
It's okay not everyone likes LoT.
>>
>>46799287
Do you just... not pay attention to how discussions have gone before you blab your face out?
>>
>>46799371
This is Fist, he loves stirring shit.
>>
>>46799332
>That also applies to things like Marvel/DC universes which have been running a very long time and have a vast array of possible archetypes and timelines, just one jump wouldn't do the settings justice.
Too bad we can only have one jump for each of the comic settings (well, and an end-jump for DC.)

Come to think of it, is there any chance Marvel will make a Marvel endjump? Maybe a Secret Wars jump?
>>
>>46799071
>Warhammer
>Race themed jumps, each jump specifically only covers one race (LoT is a gauntlet).

So does this mean that if someone made a LoT like jump for another setting it would be okay?

>Type Moon
>Different times, places, and universes all made by one person that cover different things.

Actually Kara no Kyoukai was made by Ravenloft Anon, Tsukihime was made by someone else and edited by NinjaAnon, and Val made Fate.

All three off which were split from a WIP Type-Moon jump.

>>46799126

Actually it doesn't. If you get the right time period in Fate you can easily go to the events in Tsukihime, and you can go to the events in Fate from Tsukihime.

>>46799128

>If it's the same franchise and and universe, and the same time time period, then you should probably not do this unless the original Jump creator agrees.

This last part basically covers Tsukihime and the Fate/Stay Night part of the Fate jump, (and possibly the Kara no Kyoukai jump).
>>
>>46799371
What's wrong with a Hyrule Warriors jump? It's not covered by the Zelda jump, and it doesn't overlap with any previous jump. No one has claimed it, so there would be no drama.
>>
>>46799371
Actually, he's right: Hyrule Warriors isn't covered by the LoZ jump, takes place in multiple timelines/universes, has an entirely unique storyline, with gameplay based off Dynasty Warriors, by all
means, so long as the Jumpmaker himself doesn't say no, that jump can be made.
>>
>>46799452
>So does this mean that if someone made a LoT like jump for another setting it would be okay?
Sure just make a gauntlet of a sort for another setting that you can in some way justify. Good luck though getting people to accept it, the Halo gauntlet is a thing, but most people tend to ignore it.
>>46799471
>>46799504
I'm pretty sure he means that it was already brought up as an option, and was not what people were actually talking about.
>>
>>46798636
Alice?
>>
>>46799452
>So does this mean that if someone made a LoT like jump for another setting it would be okay?
Yeah, if it's well done. And it's probably going to be compared to LoT, which (imo) is a tough act to follow. Best of luck, though then again im a fanboy so fuck my opinion
>>
>>46799504
I wished that Dynasty warriors jump was finished because I would have loved to kill hundreds of enemies in the Romance of the three kingdoms era.
>>
>>46799332

>It also probably has something to do with how much content there is in certain settings.

Right here's a hypothetical example.

Let's say someone decided to make a non-Doctor focused Doctor Who jump. For example maybe one covering the Human Dalek War, or the Time Lord Vampire War (yes this was a thing), or if thier particularly insane Faction Paradox nonsense. Would the fact that there's 50 years worth of stuff including a damn huge expanded universe make that an okay exception, or would it somehow not count?

It's less not liking it and more not understanding how it got an exception.
>>
>>46799452
Hint: Gauntlets get attacked. People generally hate all but the best.
>>
>>46799590
>Faction Paradox

Endjump. Definitely endjump. The ultimate BBEG is basically like if ASA and Val had a daughter.
>>
>>46799522
To be fair, the Halo Gauntlet is pretty darn difficult to complete. With you losing what you got there if you fail (duh), most people won't have much to talk about concerning it, and since their powers are gone (also duh) for the duration people will for the most part be fine speaking about the main Halo jump since there's more potential for shenanigans.

Actually isn't there someone who made their rash usage of Benefactor of X a big deal for their character?
>>
File: 1393819829803.png (598KB, 653x469px) Image search: [Google]
1393819829803.png
598KB, 653x469px
>>46799742
>that spoiler
>>
>>46799725
Oh boy. Not that anon, but how do?
>>
>>46799782
Sorry.
>>
>>46799725

Are you referring to The Master's TARDIS eating the pocket dimension of the group called Faction Paradox, or the entity that ruined the City of the Saved, or whatever The Enemy is, or something else?
>>
>>46799782
Oh hey Red, mind if I ask you a question or two about that Sonic X jump you're working on? Firstly, did you figure out how to handle the Planet Eggs, I remember you said those were a problem? Secondly, can we expect a drawback that pits against one of the more competent/evil Eggmans, like the Archie one?
>>
File: 1274974890681.jpg (7KB, 224x217px) Image search: [Google]
1274974890681.jpg
7KB, 224x217px
>>46799827
Not your fault. Just that it was a colossal fuck-up on my end, and every time it's brought up I seem to be Mega-Satan Hitler Mach-5.

>>46799865
>Firstly, did you figure out how to handle the Planet Eggs
NOPE. I haven't gotten to that yet, so no fucking clue. Warframe and Nerf comes first.

>Secondly, can we expect a drawback that pits against one of the more competent/evil Eggmans, like the Archie one?
A bit too meta, and I'd rather not be the cause of someone deciding to use it as an excuse to say, yank the info out of his head and make Genesis Waves or Unity Engines.
>>
>>46799829
To Lolita

Wow, isn't the Eleventh Day Empire a scary place? It would sure be a shame if someone were to FUCKING EAT IT ALL

>>46799786
http://factionparadox.wikia.com/wiki/Lolita

Like this, that's how. She's a psychopathic TARDIS who kills an entire faction of what were basically Chaos Time Lords by herself. And they BUILT her.
>>
>>46799946
How's Black Crusade going
>>
>>46799590
A Torchwood Jump would be work and be awesome, though.
>>
>>46799946
Alright, I won't ask about the incident, but I need to know how Mach 5 Factors into it? Would you be Mega-Satan Hitler in a fighter jet?
>>
File: 1390522877573.jpg (20KB, 251x251px) Image search: [Google]
1390522877573.jpg
20KB, 251x251px
>>46800044
Sure, whatever. That works. Because people either do that or claim I'm a gigantic pussy for daring to actually feel guilt over it.

>>46800018
Well considering it's after Sonic X, which is after Nerf and Warframe, that should give you an idea.

...I do have a skeleton up for how I want it to go, though. 3 main parts, 3 DLC, 5 backgrounds, and plenty of options/rewards. A few customization tables as well, and some planned ideas for if you don't want to be a Daemon Prince/Living Saint at the end.
>>
>>46800002
Oh my god, I thought Supernatural's Darkness shit was bad.
>>
>>46799650
What about Long Live The Queen?
>>
>>46800161
LONG LIVE THE QUEEN!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wRExjlxW7h0&index=8&list=PLSQ7aR8MbJjm5qfe6e1AHaqrT-TvMQWgd
>>
>>46800127

The Faction Paradox group literally runs on insanity, and then kicks it for not running fast enough.

No seriously the entire cults belief system can be summarized as "Voodoo spirits please help my burn causality and common sense to the ground.'.

That Eleven Day Empire part is literally named. They noticed England changing its calendar causing them to skip 11 days, and then purchased those 'missing' non-existent eleven days and made a base of operations out of it.

And their apparently not the most insane thing in that spin off.
>>
>>46800366
Who's writing the current season, Grant Morrison? Because this sounds like something out of Doom Patrol. It's right up the Brotherhood of Dada's alley.
>>
>>46800316
Alright, I'm going to just flat out ask : anyone else accidentally corrupt Elodie and turn her into a god queen with your power and advice? Took me a few jumps to calm her down, especially after she turned into an Angel and beat the shit out of the Kraken herself.
>>
>>46800426

>Who's writing the current season, Grant Morrison?

To clarify this started as part of the Doctor Who expanded universe. Then the guy with the copyright for Faction Paradox decided to make his own series called Faction Paradox and replaced the terms of stuff he couldn't use.

However it currently seems to be several people.

Also if your curious The Enemy is something the Time Lords (or Great Houses in the Faction Paradox series) are apparently something so bad the Time Lords literally can't even name it without making the problem worse.
>>
>>46800672

forgot the at war with part
>>
130. Order of the Stick
Background: Drop-In, Age: 28, Race: "Human", Basic Class: Wizard, Prestige Class: Mystic Theurge (-200)
Perks: He's Got Tha X's, Let Me Show You Something I Learned While Fishing (-300), Dun Dun Dunh! (-300)
Items: Sourcebooks, GM Screen (-400)
Drawbacks: Schedule Slip (+200)

For the first few years of the jump I worked closely with Roy and the party, and hiding my power level throughout. I was an archivist/wizard working with the party to acquire spells. All the spells. And I didn't hide my jumper nature at all. When they asked why I wanted to join up, I said they were protagonists and adventurers and I knew the story well enough to evade some major pitfalls. I was someone who knew things and saved lives and dodged trouble throughout. I broke prophecy and it's agents wherever possible. I got the plot to end with Azure City. All I had to do was kill a paladin at the right moment and lock down Xykon while some ghosts bashed his stupid skull in.

But, y'know, goblin army still needed to be taken care of. So, I worked with Redcloak to build a pan-goblinoid island nation, because island nations are fun. It didn't stop the Paladins from seeking vengeance, of course. So, the rest of the jump was spent securing the island into a fortress and fending off attacks from humanity. Resources were funneled in using the Kerykeion, class-levels were handed out like candy, a vast temple was built to the goblin god. It was a pretty good couple years. Roy and the gang even showed up again during some post-campaign adventuring. I got them off the chopping block and set up right as rain.

Really, it's just Xykon that needed to be removed from the equation. The whole "Race that exists to be genocided" is a total dick move, and Xykon would just fuck it all up.
>>
In Jojo if we get an Awakened Stand does it keep all of its old abilities or are they replaced?
>>
>>46800754
I think so, but you lose both if you Requiem in exchange for some OP nonsense.
>>
>>46800754
Awakened just means you gain another ability. Requiem enhances the ability of the stand further.

>>46800776
Canon Requiems are OP, but the ones in jump range from Ok to Great. However not OP.
>>
>>46799150
>And I'd rather have one generic jump that sorta-kinda covers everything in a setting, than have all of Jumpchain collapse in on itself due to infighting and insecurity.

Except we kinda already have? I mean we have completely locked jumps out of insecurity and infighting already. I guess there is a small chance it might get worse but it seems like we can eliminate most of the stated causes of the infighting if we allowed jump makers to simply make whatever they want with maybe simply keeping the lewd rule.

You talk about these problems, but it doesn't help your case when we are already facing them.
>>
>>46800855
Really? Hadn't read the JoJo jump yet, just stating what the series usually goes by. Suppose it's fair that the Jumpmaker wouldn't want to hand out Stands similar to/like Gold Experience Requiem.
>>
File: image.jpg (132KB, 451x877px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
132KB, 451x877px
I am shin dicho scorch and I will show both of theses continuities the meaning of pain as I wipe them away from existence forever

drawbacks TTG
age 16
species tamaranian
history athlete
powers, abilities and skills starbolts, flight, superhuman condition, omnilinguistic assimilation (works only on females), self sustenance, enviromental adaptation, martial arts, peak human conditions, empathy, engeneering and rogue

items and companions costume, theme song, holographic disguise, ring allowence and a companion
>>
>>46800928
Well, thing is there was going to be an update where joJo's Bizarre Anon replaced the 'shitty' Stands with better ones? also including a more in-depth Spin tree and a Zepelli origin.
>>
File: sad snek.gif (6MB, 597x329px) Image search: [Google]
sad snek.gif
6MB, 597x329px
>>46800951
Emphasis on "was."

I still miss her and I wasn't even there.
>>
>>46800932
Hey fledgling AI, haven't seen you in a while.
>>
>>46800951
I noticed you said "was going to be". What went wrong? And why are the Stands "shity?"
>>
>>46800997
>What went wrong?
This is jumpchain anon. What do you think went wrong?
>>
File: 0% greedy.gif (874KB, 482x1039px) Image search: [Google]
0% greedy.gif
874KB, 482x1039px
>>46800932
>Taking GO!

You fool.
>>
File: Orges are love Orges are life.jpg (43KB, 640x453px) Image search: [Google]
Orges are love Orges are life.jpg
43KB, 640x453px
>>46800984
>posting snek girl
>Not posting best girl
>>
>>46800997
Long story short, way back when there was still bad blood between IRC and thread, there was a dude who made a half-complete shitty Housing supplement. Captain Brutus, the guy who manages the drive, said he wasn't going to post it in the drive until it was better. A lurker in IRC took the "wasn't going to post it" and used it to start drama in thread, followed by starting drama in IRC.

JoJo tried to calm shit down. Got shat on by both parties. And left.

And well, look at the Judas Priest one for the Brando origin. Compared to the others it's kinda... well, not as great.
>>
>>46801036
Certainly had nothing to do with infighting and insecurity...oh no....
>>
File: Super Mario Super Star.png (100KB, 503x479px) Image search: [Google]
Super Mario Super Star.png
100KB, 503x479px
>>46800714
Would that paladin be Miko? And did this coincidentally prevent her Falling?
>>
>>46801061
I thought it was that JoJo and Brutus agreed not to upload the Stand Supplement until it was finished, and someone took the "not going to upload it" to the thread?
>>
What jumps do i need to jump if I want to reach the escape artist skills of Mister Miracle?
>>
>>46801152
Take all the jumps that make you a god and be the god of freedom/escape and then Darksiders and be the Rider of the same.
>>
>>46801135
As one of the guys who shat on JoJo when it happened and regrets it to this day (mostly because of the fact that JoJo was one of the few decent people around back in those days), the Supplement was never mentioned aside from one guy going "so is she going to at least post the Supplement before going away."

As you can guess, it never happened.
>>
File: 1268936246448.jpg (24KB, 306x242px) Image search: [Google]
1268936246448.jpg
24KB, 306x242px
(Basilisk)
-Background: Noble (Free) -FOOLS. BEHOLD AS I KEEP US AFLOAT.
-Sword without/with a Master (900CP) -A little bit more skill...
-Light Footed Metal Man (700CP) -Armor doesn't slow me, and I move faster in armor? ONWARD!
-Proper (Free) -A woman of high status is always calm.
-Backroom Politics (600CP) (Discount) -You gotta know the game to keep up.
-Administrative Master (400CP) (Discount) -I'm like... the medieval Bruce Wayne.
-Could Be Shogun (100CP) (Discount) -Oh. Well. This. Is. Different.
-Master Forged Weapon (0CP) -GLORIOUS NIPPON STEEL. BAKA GAIJIN GO HOME.
Dice Rolls: 22 years old
-End Choice: Next Adventure

----

(1984)
-Background: Drop-In (800CP) -FUCK THIS MADNESS.
-Newspeak (Free) -I know what you meant. Don't fool me.
-Room 101 (400CP) -Understanding the human mind is... always preferable.
-A Minority of One (Free) -I AM MY OWN MASTER.
-Re-Education (0CP) (Discount) -And now... they will be their own master too.
Dice Rolls: Airstrip One, 35 years old

The first one... not gonna lie. I mostly went Noble because I had no bloody clue what to do. I didn't want any of the powers, being an assassin seemed weird... so I figured whatever, go be a high status figure! Go make my land awesome, make the people wealthy! PLZ NO ASSASSIN.

1984... yeah fuck that place. Gonna go all Court of Miracles in this fucking hellhole. Slowly but surely collect people and resources, carve out a place underground, and throw some fucking COLOR into this mess. And music! Fuck Big Brother, he can go fuck himself! I'm gonna go fucking enjoy myself and bring others in on the party!
>>
Do you guys consider a magic immunity perk from either Dresden/Negima to be essential?

I feel like it pretty much should be, with all the bullshit magic it protects against, but I'm having trouble fitting either in my build because there's so much else I want from those jumps.
>>
>>46801222
I invite you open to ram a glass bottle full of pregnant black widow spiders up your colon and sit down. Go on, it will be hilarious.

>>46801263
No.
>>
>>46801222
You are worse than Bancho ever was.
>>
File: Science and Magic.png (490KB, 679x362px) Image search: [Google]
Science and Magic.png
490KB, 679x362px
>>46801263
>>
>>46801263

Not really. Mostly do to the price and the other stuff in those jumps.

Although if your okay with just magic resistance you can get that from Jackie Chan and Ravenloft.
>>
File: confessional.jpg (170KB, 700x459px) Image search: [Google]
confessional.jpg
170KB, 700x459px
>>46801342
>>46801407
Must we now, so long after the fact? Has he not repented? Does he not show true remorse?

Isn't it time for us to let go?
>>
>>46797356
Hmmm interesting start.
I have an interesting feeling this is going to be another one of those jumps where your going to want about 2000+ more points to buy everything you want.

In addition to the power package section, you might consider a skill package section for those who want to be batman or other non powered heroes. Or just have some skills to back up the powers they buy.

I am also hoping for a decent companion import so you can have your own little section of the justice league or legion of doom.

for drawbacks might I suggest that there be a drawback where Cadmus creates a superior clone of you like they did to Super girl in JLU.
>>
>>46801450
Any idea how effective those two and A+ Magic Resistance be compared to the Negima/Dresden ones?
>>
>>46801342
Two years too late to be getting pissy, broheim.

Nobody defended JoJo when it mattered, so now we get to make do with what we have. Anon's been telling the story since then.
>>
>>46801407
No. Bancho jumped on her about the stand supplement the one time when she popped in to say hello ages afterwards. Nobody will EVER be worse than Bancho.
>>
>>46801528
Hahaha, seriously? Wow, I stand corrected then.
>>
>>46801528
That was Bancho?
>>
>>46801528
Fucking.
Tera.
>>
>>46801528
And he was right to do so, it was selfish and horrible of her to leave without saying anything about the supplement.
>>
>>46801263
Eh, eh.

I'm too attached to quick 'n' easy murder to use Dresden magic (especially with how much of my mystical might comes from combining systems), the mortal perks are just not worthwhile by the time I have the courage to do Dresden Files, and I'm not going Changeling or White Court out of principle.

So yeah, it's not essential, but I'm never not going to go for Empty Night.

As for Twilight Imperium, it depends on whether I'm deep enough into science or magic to pick the relevant Gift. If I don't go for those, I'll go for the physical boost, unless I've done Naruto or Bayonetta already and have ridiculous stats going up in the backburner already, in which case it's anti-magic time.
>>
>>46801222
You deserve to die alone.

>>46801580
You, on the other hand, are clearly just baiting.

>>46801454
Quit samefagging
>>
>>46801580
Oh. Great. This'll go well.
>>
>>46801595
>out of principle

Why? They're much better for quick and easy murdeer without driving you psychotic. You have odd principles.
>>
>>46801617
You're still biting the bait.
>>
File: daymn_son.jpg (49KB, 744x419px) Image search: [Google]
daymn_son.jpg
49KB, 744x419px
>>46801528
That's... I don't know what that is. Should I be disappointed, or impressed?
>>
>>46800433
My Elodie was very much corrupted, but i took the cannot be killed thing seriously, so she just offered Togami's crystal to a bunch of random girls till we found a sacrifice.
>>
>>46801617
Oh relax, even I can tell he's just trying to get a rise out of me and the other two anons.
>>
File: sad hugs.gif (2MB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
sad hugs.gif
2MB, 500x281px
>>46801580
Anon, please think about what you're saying. I know it must've hurt, but please try thinking about it from her point of view.

You can't let your pain blind you to the situation forever. You have to let go someday.
>>
>>46801595
>I'm too attached to quick 'n' easy murder to use Dresden magic
If you're not stacking anti-corruption perks anyway, you're doing it wrong.
>>
>>46801645
>>46801651
Oh. I feel dumb now.

I've seen so much shit that I can't tell what's real shit and what's fake shit anymore.
>>
File: emergency hugs.gif (2MB, 600x337px) Image search: [Google]
emergency hugs.gif
2MB, 600x337px
>>46801596
>implying anyone who doesn't want you flinging salt two years after the fact is the same guy

Please, anon. Licking your wounds does nothing if they never heal. Paranoia does you no good.
>>
>>46801660
I am thinking from her point of view, and if I actually cared the least bit about the jump I'd let someone, you know, actually FINISH it.
>>
>>46801698
You can stop now, you know. I mean, you're not even baiting the hooks. That's just insulting.

>>46801694
And you, knock it off or I'll stick an apple in your mouth and roast you.

Goddamn that pig makes me hungry.
>>
>>46801730
What's wrong with hugs, anon?
>>
>>46801622
You're not wrong.

I just don't like the idea of messing with people emotionally, and consumption of sapients in any way.

Also, fuck the fae.

>>46801670
I thought people came to the conclusion that since it's less you're actually being corrupted, more you're doing something with the very culmination of your being and slanting it towards that particular thing, most anti-corruption effects won't do shit?
>>
File: 1456606666010.jpg (85KB, 640x512px) Image search: [Google]
1456606666010.jpg
85KB, 640x512px
>>46801225
This on the other hand...

(Tales of Demons and Gods)
-Background: Alchemist (Free) -It's time to be the doctor. I think.
-Soul Realm Cultivation (Free) -Time to make a powerful soul.
-Daoyin Massage Technique (900CP) -Awesome massages and soul healing? YISS.
-Alchemist Memory (Free) -Awesome medicine memory. Yes.
-Acupuncture Artist (700CP) (Discount) -Unlock a person's bodily potential? Increased soul healing? I likey.
-Alchemical Genius (400CP) (Discount) -Increased gains of soul strengthening, soul tempering, and more? I'll TAKE IT.
-Soul's Grace (300CP) -The more powerful the soul, the more beautiful I am. HELL YES.
-Refinement of Beauty (200CP) -The more physically stronger I am, the more beautiful I am... AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.
-Cultivating Strength (0CP) -The stronger my soul is, the stronger my body is. WHUT.
-Sensei (-600CP) -I can train others to awaken their souls to cultivation? YES PLEASE.
-Spiritual Constallation User (0CP)
Dice Rolls: Glory City, 15 years old

...on one hand, between this and History's Strongest Disciple, I'm pretty sure I'm like the ultimate healing martial artist. Along with a metric shitton of beauty thanks to all the strength and soul energy and the like. This place was like Christmas and it saddens me I couldn't get more.

On the other hand...

>my soul is ALWAYS ON FIRE
>IT'S NOT A GOOD PAIN
>IT'S ACTUALLY OBSCENELY PAINFUL AND I CAN NEVER DULL IT, ALL WHILE I SWEAT MY MAGIC BLOOD OUT
>the pain is every single fucking moment of all 10 years in this jump
>tfw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mCQuDbdfMx4

Mistakes have been made and for my hubris and greed, pain everlasting is my punishment. I blame my vanity.
>>
>>46801754
I'm pretty sure like a few people said that and everyone else said it would work?
>>
>>46801805
Well, okay then.

Time to get even more mileage out of Re-Birth.
>>
>>46801754
I think the yro one is supposed to work on Dresden Files magic anyway.
>>
>>46801845
Spyro one*
>>
>>46800776
Gironos GER kept its life making abilities.
>>
>>46801496

Not sure. The Ravenloft perk didn't have an example for an upper limit. Although it does say that while stronger spells might get past your resistance even that isn't certain.

It might not cover mental magic, but the jump has a sepeate perk for that. Both of which are discounted for drop ins.

The Jackie Chan perk meanwhile makes magic less effective against you.

>A+ Magic Resistance

Can you actually do that? I'm mostly asking since the jump says it's limited to A, and not sure if that includes the pluses or not.
>>
>>46801966
Val said you can go all the way up to A, she just hasn't gotten around to updating the supplement.
>>
>>46802003
Up to EX, goddammit.
>>
What Universe do you start the DC Jump in?
>>
>>46801754
Pretty sure Card confirmed your interpretation over >>46801805's, though.
>>
Where's a good jump to pick up the ability to teleport myself and objects, that isn't Raildex?
>>
>>46802073
The whole thread got pissed at him though, because his logic was that if you want to kill once without being evil, you're probably a psychopath anyway.
>>
>>46801595

Not sure if this is relevant or not, but there's a chance taking the changeling perks as a mortal might not include the magic corruption.

Wild Card said they were going to check when they got home, but that it was a 'tentatively no'.
>>
>>46802081
X-Men. Omega Teleportation is basically Level 5 Raildex Teleportation.
>>
>>46802127
Thanks!
>>
File: The Fountain.pdf (1B, 486x500px)
The Fountain.pdf
1B, 486x500px
Okay. I think I've got pretty much everything in place, time for the first critique and condemnation pass of my Fountain Jump.
>>
>>46802101

That argument would be a lot more valid if their was a 'hate them to death' spell like in Harry Potter, or if it was only for intentional killing.

However accidentally killing someone with magic counts as breaking that law.
>>
File: Lowball-final.jpg (153KB, 432x667px) Image search: [Google]
Lowball-final.jpg
153KB, 432x667px
Since I'm going back and forth as I am inspired between tmnt and wildcards I feel like getting something out of the way.

wildcards is a shared superhero novel series edited by George R. R. Martin and many different authors have written in it. As such its has mature elements in it. Nothing will be included in the jump itself. Although can't help but think of a few good drawbacks from the novels, but I'll keep away from anything like that.

Just felt like getting that out there.
>>
>>46802249
>20:00:46
No one cares if the work has "mature elements" (well, km sure someone will, but no one consequential) as long as it isn't the focus of the series and you don't smear it all over the jump.

For what it's worth, Wild Cards sounds really interesting as a setting and I'd like to see a jump of it.
>>
>>46802308
It is. And the power sets are cool if not all that powerful, no one is on Worm level for instance although there are probably a few that could challenge a medium experienced jumper.
>>
While I wait for feedback on The Fountain, which Jump should I work on next? So far I've got votes for: Circle of Magic, M*A*S*H, WWI, Katamari, Lost Girl, Dragon's Breath, Les Mis, Jak & Daxter, and Strawberry Panic.

I've also proposed Elantris, Ender's Game, The Rift War, Dragon Quest / Dragon Warriors, Chronicles of Riddick, Wild Arms, FRIENDS, Xenogears / Xenosaga, WWII, The Civil War, In Death, and Agatha Christie if anyone is interested in any of them.
>>
>>46802149
Though I'm uncertain about some of the Trappings, I like the Enlightenments and the whole multiple lives deal.

I really do.

But god.

I fucking hate weird time shit. So much.
>>
>>46802442
Isn't there an agoraphobic telekinetic that can toss battleships?
>>
File: 1429156697102.png (2MB, 1280x1347px) Image search: [Google]
1429156697102.png
2MB, 1280x1347px
>>46801493
Th-thanks hopefully I can keep up such a feeling as the jump reaches its final stages.
And you're ok with the power packages?

Skill Packages? I was going to make such packages kinda like perks.

Any other power packages or minor powers to put in? I might need some suggestions as I'm running out of decent ideas.

>>46802249
Wasn't Wildcard working on that jump?
Is it the TMNT 2012? Damn I was hoping 2004 series if that was the case.
>>
>>46802101
Not the whole thread, just a couple of anons. Anyway, I favor the "Anti-Corruption Perks don't apply" approach because of how important the issue of magic as defining yourself is. It's repeatedly mentioned in the books that magic is a reflection of your soul; to use magic you have to believe in it. But since the only Anti-Corruption perk in the Dresden Files is the Blackstaff, and we have no idea how it works, you're within your rights to interpret it how you want.

>>46802107
Would you believe I forgot about that? Anyway, I checked the rules, and they say it's up to the GM how they want to handle it. They actually suggest making it a plot point if that's the kind of game you want to run.

So I'm going with "No, it only applies if you're mixing it with Mortal Spellcasting." Like I said, they have their own side effects.
>>
File: OUAT2.pdf (1B, 486x500px)
OUAT2.pdf
1B, 486x500px
So, on the off chance that I haven't missed a glaringly obvious problem with it, I'm about to upload the OUAT jump to the drive. Any finals questions/concerns/comments?

Changelog:
>Option to buy location
>Removed blood scaling from Squid Ink
>Added a few notes
>>
>>46802249
>wildcards

Wikipedia makes look interesting.
Could you explain why it's illegal to mentally stress Suicide Kings? Is it because they'll probably die, or because they'll blow up a city, or what?
>>
>>46802490
yeah he is pretty much top tier. The power varies considerably even among the so called top tier though.

He also submerged rikers island as well.
>>
>>46802149
>Cloud Atlas the jump

Alright, lets do this
>Energy state
>Reincarnation
>Reincarnation changes personality
NO

>Seed of the tree of life
Seems under-priced for what it can do

>Biosphere
Way under-priced for what it is
I was here yesterday, I saw that faggotry and I know what you want to do.
>>
>>46802494
>>46802534

Wild Card are you planning a wildcards jump?
>>
>>46802586
Nope. Never read the series; picked this name when I was doing Fallout, and the fact that it aligned well with Persona was a happy coincidence.
>>
>>46802474
Seconding M*A*S*H
Also Lost Girl, even though ?I haven't been following it lately.
>>
>>46802494
Yes its 2012, if no one calls 2004 I may do it later, but honestly I thought too many people like that one and may cause some consternation.
>>
>>46802586
Placing my bet now that at least one person asks him about the Wild Cards jump in the future.
>>
>>46802474
>>46802619
>M.A.S.H.
>Lost Girl
Never heard of either of them. What are they about?
>>
>>46802474
Ayo, gimme some of that Agatha.

The two detective jumps we've got are great, and there's plenty of it all over the chain, but I've always wanted a proper mystery jump.
>>
>>46802534

How corrupting is accidentally breaking one of the laws anyway?

>So I'm going with "No, it only applies if you're mixing it with Mortal Spellcasting." Like I said, they have their own side effects.

Just checking just incase. Do you mean having both, or using both together?

I originally asked about mortals with changeling magic, but well this current answer could also apply to changeling with mortal magic (although considering that would basically just be necromancy it's probably not that much of an issue).
>>
>>46802577
When you enter a world where you aren't a drop in, you assume a persona with it's own memories and personality native to the setting. That's established. It doesn't overwrite your basic persona, but does affect it, or at least it should. If you use the Energy State, you're essentially casting off that world specific overlay and assuming another one.

How much would you recommend for the Seed? It doesn't do any of those things on its own. All of them require work / effort / know how.

The Biosphere costs 800 CP total. It's not cheap by any stretch of the imagination. And aside from giving you libensraum, I don't see how it's particularly game breaking. Its essentially a huge terrarium.
>>
>>46802555
Yes, in fact one Suicide King expressed an healing glow Ace that was feared to be able to get so hot as to ignite the atmosphere if his father Fortunato hadn't sacrificed himself to remove the virus.

When you express the virus you are most likely getting a black queen, which means you die horribly and possible go out explosively.
>>
>>46802690
M.A.S.H. is an old-ish show about a Korean War era group of army surgeons and nurses and associated...dudes. DESU, I can't tell you much more then that, as all I remember about it is that there's a nerdy little prick named Radar and a guy named Hawkeye.

Lost Girl is a SyFy series about a succubus who acts a private detective (or something) for the Fae. And there are werewolves and vampires and other mythological creatures.
>>
>>46802550
Looks good to me. Thankyou for the jump!
>>
>>46802149
>Borrowed Seconds
So unless I'm wrong, this is similar to Bravely Second but without a cap on the amount of time you can build up and the ability to extend abilities durations in exchange for speed of build up?
>All Together Now
Is there a way to reverse the effect, or are you altered forever?
>A Fountain Pen
Are there any limitations on how sharp it can get?
>>
>>46802474
Aren't MASH and FRIENDS covered by the sitcom jump?
Also an Ender's Game jump that lets us be a planet-wide hivemind would be cool
>>
>>46802758
>How much would you recommend for the Seed? It doesn't do any of those things on its own. All of them require work / effort / know how.
>The Biosphere costs 800 CP total. It's not cheap by any stretch of the imagination. And aside from giving you libensraum, I don't see how it's particularly game breaking. Its essentially a huge terrarium.

The thing is there are other ways to expand your living space, and your trying to back door in your supplement via this jump which is a thing we frown upon even more than supplements, everyone was awful mad at me when I tried to back door in my psychological mod supplement to the original animal crossing.
>>
>>46802774
They both sound pretty interesting. What kind of succubus are we talking about, the buxom nymphomaniac type or the soul sucking seductress/temptress one?
>>
>>46802690
>>46802774
Essentially, yeah. MASH is an army hospital 15 kilometers behind the line of battle in the Korean war. it's a dramatic comedy, full of pranks, hijinks, silliness, and genuine pathos. Also lots of tragedy. While it was set in Korea, it was really a condemnation of the Vietnam War.

Lost Girl is what Changling the Lost could have been if it didn't suck hot donkey jizz.
>>
>>46802836
Yes.

I'll be honest, I mainly watched it for her human sidekick and the hot doctor.
>>
>>46802774
don't talk smack about radar, he's psychic as all hell and gets shit done, Plus he's pretty bro in the later seasons. But >>46802811
is right it is covered by the sitcom jump, granted almost all sitcoms are covered by the sitcom jump.
>>
>>46802878
Oh, okay-
>That last bit
...should I fetch my umbrella.
>>46802886
Fair enough, though someone out sexying a succubus is hilarious.
>>
>>46802804
>>>46802149 (You)
>>Borrowed Seconds
>So unless I'm wrong, this is similar to Bravely Second but without a cap on the amount of time you can build up and the ability to extend abilities durations in exchange for speed of build up?
it's 12 seconds a year. Even over 100 jumps, that's 20 minutes if you never ever use it. Is it really that big a worry if it doesn't have a cap?
>>All Together Now
>Is there a way to reverse the effect, or are you altered forever?
I'd think it was permanent, but each new personality overlay would be a choice made by the gestalt. The Gestalt becomes you. You become Legion.
>>A Fountain Pen
>Are there any limitations on how sharp it can get?
I'm not sure how I'd quantify that.
>>
>>46802878
I'm gonna assume you got :the Lost mixed up with :the Dreaming in that last sentence.

While I dislike the former, I can't call it bad without lying.
>>
>>46802690
> Never heard of MASH

Basically alcoholic doctors in the Korean War who get up to shenanigans and occasionally very depressing episodes. Also Alan Alda sticks 70s Vietnam sentiment in the 50s.

And the most depressing theme song of all time.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4gO7uemm6Yo

I watched every episode of the series, and it is definitely one of my favorites. One of the first television shows to really make emotional punches and kill of a main character. Highly recommend.
>>
>>46802836
The ass kicking kind. She's a soul sucker, but not a vamp.
>>46802820
Perhaps, but a biosphere fits the motifs of The Fountain, and is an iconic part of the setting. I get that there are other ways to expand the living space, but few of them offer any worldbuilding, which is important to a lot of people, and all of them are a) fairly narcissistic even for a CYOA and b) there should be multiple paths to achieve your end goals. It shouldn't boil down to "Oh, I want a pool, I guess I have to do Sims 3". I'm playing by the rules. You want something, you earn it. No freebees. You give up other things to get what you want.
>>
>>46802811
I don't see that as any great obstacle; we have plenty of jumps on the drive that would be "covered" by the half-dozen generic jumps we also have. And MASH was much more than just a sitcom; see >>46802878.
>>
>>46800125
That sounds awesome, I can't wait. Take your time, though. Wouldn't want to rush anything
>>46802474
I think there's a WW2 WIP on the drive, you could check that out if you wanted to do ww2.
Civil War (accurate confederate option pls) and Riddick I'd like to see happen. >>46802619 thirding M*A*S*H.
I'm too high to give feedback on your intro/past-present-future thing right now. Perks look very unique though, and i like that. Absolution seems overpriced, bioship seems underpriced. Biosphere continues to be questionable, but other anons will probably chew you out for that. I really like Tattoos of memory, and i don't like the reincarnation perk. Most jumpers won't take it due to the altering of personality. Also, more 200cp drawbacks.

Really not bad.
>>
>>46802697
Breaking it once generally won't turn you into a psychotic killer, but a lawbreaker will be much more likely to break the law a second time than someone who has never broken the law. Look at Molly as a good example; she never went full-blown mind-raping Warlock, but she did end up offering it as a solution several times, and ended up trying to manipulate Morgan's mind. Hannah Ascher is another good example - she's an unrepentant killer who winds up taking up Laschiel's Coin, but she's not a frothing madwoman.

Anyway, as long as you're comfortable creating a mental line between your other forms of magic and your Practitioner magic, you'll be fine. Changeling probably doesn't have to worry about it, because like you mentioned, the only Mortal magic they can get their hands on is Kemmlerian Necromancy, and that's its own coffin full of worms.
>>
>>46802811
MASH is a dramacom. It has medical and dramatic and historic elements that make it more than a mere sitcom. Friends is a sitcom as well, but it's an evolving story, one of the first on American TV where characters grew and evolved from episode to episode rather than reverting to the status quo ante.
>>46803040
Ummm. Yes, The Dreaming. My bad.
>>
>>46802960
>it's 12 seconds a year. Even over 100 jumps, that's 20 minutes if you never ever use it.
Or 41 hours after Civ jump.

>Random non-canon time powers and trying to backdoor in your supplement
Fuck right off.
>>
>>46803133
>>>46802474 (You)
>I think there's a WW2 WIP on the drive, you could check that out if you wanted to do ww2.
I'll see if I can find it.
>Civil War (accurate confederate option pls)
Not promising any accuracy, but yeah, I'd try for it.
>Absolution seems overpriced
Where would you peg it?
>Bioship seems underpriced. Biosphere continues to be questionable.
Really? You think I should go to 600 for a weaponless, largely defenseless ship that can old 10 people? And yeah, I expect to get flack continuously from people on Biosphere. If they don't like it they don't have to take it. Personally I don't like God of War or Sims.

>i don't like the reincarnation perk. Most jumpers won't take it due to the altering of personality.
Sometimes giving an unpopular choice is okay. It gives an option others might not have considered. I see a lot of perks I don't understand the appeal of in jumps.

>Also, more 200cp drawbacks.
Any suggestions?

Thanks for the Feedback and suggestions.
>>
>>46803086
>I get that there are other ways to expand the living space, but few of them offer any worldbuilding, which is important to a lot of people, and all of them are a) fairly narcissistic even for a CYOA
What. No, seriously, what the fuck.

>It shouldn't boil down to "Oh, I want a pool, I guess I have to do Sims 3".
Or you could do El Dorado, or GoW, or one of the other freeform warehouse mods. Or, get this... You could get a hose and some concrete and do it yourself.
>>
>>46803161

So basically you should be mostly okay as long as your not actually trying to break the laws, but stuff ends up happening as long as you try to be careful?

>because like you mentioned, the only Mortal magic they can get their hands on is Kemmlerian Necromancy, and that's its own coffin full of worms.

This just gave me a thought I found amusing.

That being someone trying to apply that necromancy to stuff like turning the exhaust form their car back into fuel, turning the pages of books, moving furniture, possibly folding clothing, and basically everything but what would normally be expected of necromancy.

Actually would those things work?
>>
>>46803281
I cannot account for all levels of synergy. I don't think anyone can.

as for the time powers, some expansion of ideas has to be done. It's a 100 minute movie about 2 characters with no supplemental material. Everything has to be inferred to give it scope and depth. Themes of time manipulation are all over the thing. As for backdooring my supplement, yeah. I am. It's called retooling and repackaging. I'm not going to throw it away. I think it belongs every bit as much as a Type-Moon Servant or a Stand or a Dragon Form. And I'm making it by jumpchain rules and modifying it to fit as best as possible.
>>
>>46802149
Where's the Drop In option?
>>
>>46803315
Just something that's bugging me, which is also my primary issue with Biosphere.

Does it actually increase your effective Warehouse space, or is it just a pretty/serene attachment for you to go to once in a while, maybe grow some plants to liven it up, etc?
>>
>>46803348
In what space? a 200 foot by 200 foot warehouse?
>>46803430
There isn't one. I can't see how one would work.
>>
>>46803394
Maybe? I'm not sure those would even count as necromancy in the Dresden Files, though.

There's also a character who's a powerful Necromancer, but uses her power to bind a dying man's spirit to his body long enough for paramedics to patch him up. So there are definitely gray areas.
>>
>>46803480
You're a Jumper.
Learn how to deal with it.
>>
>>46803471
No. I does not increase your effective warehouse space. I never implied that it did. It was always just a way to spread everything attached to your warehouse out across a more natural terrain. Your warehouse is still size limited.
>>
>>46803082
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sYjy7uUn7fc
>>
>>46803480
>In what space? a 200 foot by 200 foot warehouse?

>>46803511
>No. I does not increase your effective warehouse space.

Gee, sure is consistent here.
>>
>>46803508
So gaining fantastical powers is okay, but not a private island chain? Being able to become a planet sized kaiju is okay, but not have a personal ecosystem? I don't get the logic. I'm sorry, I just don't. The entire purpose of Jumpchain is and has always been wishfulfillment self insertion and exploration. Some of us don't want to beat up Vegeta. Some of us might enjoy having our own Farmcraft project where our companions can build a little village and have lives that don't revolve around us oneuping Buffy the Vampire Slayer.
>>
>>46803589
The suggestion was I build an ecosystem inside the warehouse with concrete. The Warehouse is storage space. The biosphere is living space.
>>
>>46803598
>>46803632

You're going to get used to them crying.
>>
Pick up the island from tropical then. Or hope rides alone from the recent 1984 jump. Or the tower from ar tonelico, which attaches to your warehouse, those had floating California-sized landmasses IIRC.
>>
>>46803632
pick up the doorway from SCP. You'll have to cart in earth, and deal with the fact there's no night, but there's a space inside there (albeit with differential time flow if the door is shut) that you can build in.
>>
>>46803676
>tropical
Fucking autocorrect. I meant Tropico.
>>
The Creator of the Negima Jump could have created a Biosphere as well, as Vampire lolita has her own private island inside a small sphere. The Biosphere has no character upgrades, no special powers, just... area to grow food and have wildlife and swim in the ocean.
>>
>>46803676
In addition to this you can also use d&d magic to create a new demiplane each jump.
>>
>>46803705
>>46803707
So if those settings can have california sized landmasses attached to the house, what's the problem with the Biosphere? I'm seriously lost now.
>>
>>46803161
What will necromancy do to you?
>>
>>46803738
There isn't one, for me anyway.

Any problems I might have had with the Item are gone now that you've elaborated on its storage capabilities in relation to the base Warehouse.

I don't know the logic for the other guys though but I want the Item now so I'll take the easy childish route and say they're a bunch of tricky stupids who should go have a nice dinner for a few hours so you can get more people to respond and iron out the rest of the jump and put it in the drive before they come back and speak against it.
>>
>>46803598
Nice try. I don't actually give a shit about your supplement since I don't use them beyond Warehouse and Body Mod. In fact, I haven't even looked at, that's how little I care.

All I'm saying is that "Waaaa, I'm a Jumper. How can I use allllllllll this space?" is fucking stupid, as is complaining that you don't have enough space. Use your imagination and you can do anything.

Hell, I'll even give you one for free. Figure out how the micronization tech in Macross works. Figure out how to turn a pod into an archa. There's enough SCIENCE perks to do so. Place said arch in the doorway to your warehouse. All of a sudden, you're a mouse (or whatever size you feel is appropriate) in an 80,000 square foot warehouse.
>>
>>46803480
Er, just curious, how big a pool do you need that you can't fit it in a 200x200 foot warehouse? Even a full-size Olympic pool is only 164 ft long.

More seriously, though, the issue I'd raise (other factions within what passes for our community here will raise their own or just throw salt) is that the "original" narrative of jump-chain is that a Benefactor offers to send you to other worlds for its entertainment, and that a jumper creating their own little playground instead of amusing the Benefactor will get kicked out of the chain.

So some of us are equally unamused by folks adding continent-sized tower attachments to the Warehouse, even if they got it via a jump instead of a supplement. But so long as people don't make a big deal in their posts about their fancy continental expansions, or at least can reasonably claim that they went through a lot of shit and tears in a jump to get them (due to the bloody things being CP sinks almost requiring you to take drawbacks), meh.
>>
>>46803598
>So gaining fantastical powers is okay, but not a private island chain?
There are already a number of jumps where these and things like them are available. Tropico, Terraria, Myst, Ar Ton, GoW, Anno 2070 (to a lesser extent), LoT, Beelzebub, Carnivores, El Dorado, Jurassic Park... the list goes on.

>>46803738
They're actually appropriate to the setting, not just an attempt to shove a rejected supplement into the first jump the maker can find that has something even vaguely related. They also often have some actual cost, beyond just CP, like requiring you to build them up over some time, take a certain background and/or drawbacks, or otherwise earn it.

>>46803480
>There isn't one. I can't see how one would work.
You're kind of a shitty jumpmaker, aren't you.
>>
>>46803315
>I'll see if I can find it.
It's got it's own folder in the WIP folder
>Not promising any accuracy, but yeah, I'd try for it.
Essentially just don't paint confederates as racist bigots, 'fightin' to keep dey slaves'
>Where would you peg it?
I feel like it could be a capstone if it was explained better/buffed? Right now it seems like a 200-250 cp perk.
>600 for a weaponless, largely defenseless ship that can old 10 people?
Perhaps specify it's speed and maneuverability? I read it as capable of warp travel (see: 40k) and that would fit well for 600CP. If it's not, then 400 seems fair.
>Sometimes giving an unpopular choice is okay
Taking away the personality of a jumper is kind of against the whole jumper idea. Fair enough, though. I think it could make for some interesting builds.
>>46803511
In which case, it's essentially a fleshed out GoW-like upgrade. Go for it. Supplement needs work, but i like the idea.
>>
>>46803930
The point of the biosphere isn't for the Jumper to mess around with, aside from a vacation spot every now and then... its to give Companions who aren't on the jump something to do. as for a pool... the things are 164 foot long and 50 feet wide. That's just under a quarter of your warehouse. But lets say its a small pool with deck. That's say 400 square feet. A modest house for 9 is another 2600 easy. Suddenly you've got 1000 square feet of storage space. And as someone who lives in a house much smaller than 2600 feet with 4 people, it can be cramped at times.
>>
So wait a minute, all Biosphere does is create an area where you can farm and stuff? ...Could you use it to run experiments with an ecosystem? I remember I have the super evolution from the jump with the humanoid roaches, and I'm curious what I can make with it.
>>
>>46802149
Sooo.... If a jumper has put a shitton of effort into avoiding death, that Future win/loss condition is looking a lot like you're making me commit suicide if I don't want to stay here.

I don't care how thematic it is, or how well it fits the source material, making someone commit suicide to leave the jump without it being an optional drawback isn't something you should do.
>>
Tell me what you guys think of this build.

History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi

>Prodigy (900)
>Rolled 11 for age
>Rolled Big Lock for starting location

>Katsujiken
>Sei Ki
>Unarmed
>Ninjutsu

>Ki Kneaing (600)
>Speed and Agility (450)
>Perception and Awareness (300)
>Martial Arts Medicine (0)
>Enhanced Ki (-300)

>"Sword" (arm guards)
>Dojo
>Master

>Fanservice (-200)
>The Shadow War (0)

>Relative perks obtained from other jumps: Adaptability from Wuxia and assorted willpower boosts

The idea here is that I utilize a fighting style that revolves around skill and Ki Kneading. I am very good at Ki Kneading and have greatly boosted the ki that lets me learn techniques based on skill. I'm also assuming that Adaptability's ability to rapidly master martial arts will serve as a good stand in for talent, which is frightening when combined with the work ethic from willpower boosts. I'm not sure what exactly being plotbound will do, but I'm hoping it won't be too bad since I'm on the same side as the good guys and I have my master to help with threats outside of my weight class.
>>
File: 630.png (860KB, 500x2464px) Image search: [Google]
630.png
860KB, 500x2464px
In an attempt to stave off boredom, I think I'll start a chain:
Pokemon

>Hoenn
>14
>Small Town - 50
>Charmander - 0
>Mental Bond - 150

>Physical Fitness - 0
>Survival Training - 100
>Combat Training - 100
>Mechanic - 150
>Aura - 300

>HM Collection - 50
>Motorcycle - 100
>50K Pokedollars - 50

>Crippled + 100

Ay, tropical beach vacation in Hoenn.

You know what? Fuck it. I'm joining Team Aqua. Who's never wanted to be a pirate? I even already have a peg leg!

Of course, I'll secretly sabotage them from the inside until they're reformed, because Archie's plan is goddamn motherfucking stupid, but hey. At least he's not a NERD like Maxie.
>>
>>46804127
>That's just under a quarter of your warehouse.
If you have mimimal sized warehouse.

>A modest house for 9 is another 2600 easy. Suddenly you've got 1000 square feet of storage space.
Build up.

> its to give Companions who aren't on the jump something to do.
As it stands, it doesn't say anything about doing that. Maybe you should actually release your "bioship supplement" alongside the jump.

>That's say 400 square feet. A modest house for 9 is another 2600 easy. Suddenly you've got 1000 square feet of storage space.
Check your maths.
>>
>>46804127
I was under the impression that Companions not active in a current Jump are frozen in time and inaccessible, just like everything else that the Jumper doesn't take into the current Jump.
>>
>>46804072
It doesn't take away the jumper's personality... it takes away the one that overlays the jumper's personality. As I understand it, as long as you're not a drop in, you have memories and experiences from that world tacked on above your core persona. The reincarnation perk only removes the film, not anything beneath that.

I was assuming the Biosphip is FTL capable, but not particularly fast. He's traveled for centuries to get to the Supernova.

Hmmm... I only put Absolution so high because on my original posting of it that was the suggestion. I've gotten two different inputs on that.

>>46804053
A biosphere is appropriate to The Fountain setting. It's pretty much Iconic to it.
as for being a shitty jumpmaker... maybe. This is my first attempt. How about instead of insulting me, you offer an idea of how a drop in will work in the Fountain?
>>46804148
Yes. That's all it does. And yes, you can mess with animals.
>>46804206
Then don't go there. The point of the Fountain is that Death is the Road to Awe. It's the point. You have to embrace the experience of Death to live forever.
>>
>>46804311
They are, with a few rare ways around it like the Uncharted Waters ships, which you could magically or technologically expand the inside of and give them a nice place to hang out.
>>
>>46804282
Yes, I dropped a zero. My bad.
And my Biosphere supplement is still being worked on. I was editing it just now.
>>46804311
They could be.. but that bugs me... deeply.
>>
File: Castlevania-SoN.jpg (649KB, 1280x992px) Image search: [Google]
Castlevania-SoN.jpg
649KB, 1280x992px
Wild, few questions about Castlevania:
Can i stockpile golden apples by digging/teleporting the seeds out and waiting a day?
Does Power of Dominance give some resistance to psykers' heads exploding/being possessed in 40k?
Alchemic Whip vs Alucard's Spear. Does the whip (with 'improvement') have a chance to match/exceed the spear?
>>
The working details of the Biosphere. Also still rough.
>>
>>46804333
>Then don't go there.
Wow. Uh, okay then.

I don't know how to express what's wrong with that sort of idea. This is really quite dumb. Especially since some jumpers are so damn hard to kill I wouldn't be surprised if they can't kill themselves, unless they've picked up something to disable their powers.

I am usually all for experimenting with the jump format, seeing what works, what doesn't, but I'm pretty sure this experiment doesn't work. You're saying unless people are willing to commit suicide they shouldn't take your jump? Do you not see what's wrong with that? Do you legitimately not see the problem with what you're saying?
>>
>>46804437
Hey, so I heard you wanted to make an Elantris jump.

Would it bother you if I wanted to do the Elantris jump?
>>
>>46804437
I get that you like your supplement, but do the biospheres in this setting actually get that big? Do they actually have nanotech production forges that can replicate damn near anything up to and including main battle tanks? Do they have mines, or dungeons full of danger and wonder, or any of the other stuff you've cut out of your supplement idea and shoved into this jumps supplement?

Random bit of advice though, you might want to give the Customization Points a different name, just to make it clear it isn't CP you can spend from the main jump.
>>
>>46804503
Go for it.
>>46804492
It's not really suicide if you know you're not going to die. It's like a trust excersize, isn't it?

I'm not willing to have part of my soul manifest, so I'm never going to Jojo's world. And I'd think twice about Golden Compass as well.

But, if it will make everyone feel better, I'll make another exit, where you don't have to accept death and don't get the reward.
>>
>>46804127
Er, 200x200 is 40000. Subtract small pool with deck at 400, modest house at 2600, leaves 37000. Before even counting Warehouse Loft (allowing you to build a second storey) or Large Warehouse (doubling the square footage) options, or the Basement perk from The Sims jump (adds a basement level to your Warehouse).

The established idea, at least in theory, is that additions to your Warehouse should come from Jumps, and if they actually add space (instead of just functions) should significantly eat into your CP budget for that jump (Sims 3 jump's Basement is only 200cp, but IMNSHO the jump has so many delicious options that even 200cp is precious). For example, the Raven House in Webmage attaches a mansion on a small tropical island and even allows time to pass on it while you are away so excess Companions don't have to be popsicles - but it costs 600cp and the jump is not what I'd call safe if you're playing to the "entertain the Benefactor" narrative.
>>
>>46804559
No. They probably don't have mines. As for the replicator technology? The original creator said that he invisions 2500 as being post scarcity, which implies some kind of matter creation. The special zones were something I thought was fun. I can get rid of them but it seems like the kind of thing immortals would create for themselves to keep themselves entertained.

As for the CP thing, I can do that.
>>
>>46804576
An exit that doesn't get you the reward works fine.

Also, you don't have to get a Stand if you go to JoJo, there's lots of cool stuff there without them, they're just popular. I don't know enough anything about Golden Compass so can't say anything about it though.
>>
>>46804599
Buying the Biosphere costs 800 CP right now. That's a pretty huge chunk.
>>
>>46804333

> Then don't go there. The point of the Fountain is that Death is the Road to Awe. It's the point. You have to embrace the experience of Death to live forever.

I'm assuming this doesn't count for the lose condition, but I have a question.

How exactly do you accept your mortality and willingly die when your doing it to continue something that could theoretically cause you to outlive universes, and also know your not actually dying from it at all?
>>
>>46801263
I would say Negima's is, because it can be weaponized to a degree to apply antimagic to enchantments and such to cancel them, and that is a pretty damned rare thing to get. It's great to be able to just put a hand on a golem and just be like No, and have it fall apart.
>>
>>46804682
Fucked if I know. I don't understand Buddhist thought. That's what the Fountain is based on.

Bioship [400]: This is a living, breathing self contained world, capable of travelling between worlds. By use of advanced, sufficiently advanced technology, its reactionless drive can propel it through the interstellar void without internal effect, either inertial or temporal. The Bioship is initially just large enough for 10 or so passengers. It can only be used in the Future during this Jump. The Bioship can also generate Biopods, single person transports just big enough for one person. They are capable of entering into nearly any environment without trouble, from the vacuum of space to the depths of the ocean, but aside from radiation shielding they have no defenses and no weaponry. The Bioship can move up to 5 times the speed of light, fast enough to make the trip to Alpha Centauri in 4 years, give or take. It is highly maneuverable, since it has no inertia, but mounts no weaponry and relies entirely on its shields to defend it. If the shields go down, it's a lump of biomass floating in space.
>>
>>46804437
Unless I'm blind, you'll end up with one left over CP if you get Weatherworks.

I can't decide between a wintery/autumny wonderland or my own tiny archipelago, though I'm definitely getting Celestial Bodies. Just love that type of aesthetic, and getting a nice gravitationally unsustainable close-up clusterfuck is great.

So good job on that end.
>>
>>46804682
I don't mean to be glib, but as I understand it, the entire concept of it is to accept that it could happen, to open yourself up the experience, and then understand that you were always an immortal soul in a transitory form anyway. A part of the larger universe experiencing itself.
>>
Jump # 2: PMD

>Charmander
>Import Starter - 150

>Free Skills - 0
>Natural Instinct - 100
>Multitalent - 100
>Move Expert - 200
>Hyperkinesis - 400

>Explorer Rescue Badge - 0
>Treasure Bag - 50
>Wonder Map - 200

>Post Town

>Followed + 200

I honestly have no idea. I've only ever played the Red version on GBA like a decade ago. I assume my partner and I simply have some good old fashioned adventures for 10 years.
>>
>>46804725
Err, opps. That should be 15 BP. Thanks
>>
Updates
The Detour around Awe: You have lived three lives at once, experienced much, but facing the final blackness was too much for you, even if you were certain you could survive it. Or maybe you tried but failed to find your center. Either way, the cycle of eternity welcomes you. Maybe next time.

They do not Understand [+200]: You have been blessed with rare insight into the human condition, but the philistines refuse to listen. Try as you like, you find yourself hard pressed to convince significant group of people to listen to you in this jump.
>>
>>46804708

Okay let me rephrase it.

How would a jumper even manage to do that and have it count without getting to the point where they want to end the chain?

>46804743

Wait so is this accept it as in 'accept that your going to die here and know while honestly believing your dooms' or just 'meh done with this body/life lets see whats next'?
>>
>>46804845
Mostly just the second. Buddhist teaches that there are no endings. Thus, death is just a new beginning, the closing of one door and stepping through another.
>>
>>46804928
Daily reminder that buddhism sucks dick, Taoism 4 life
>>
>>46804928

Okay that makes it easier.

It was mostly that the 'willingly accept your mortality' part combined with the potential lifespan of a jumper and knowing your doing this to continue living seemed like it might count as cheating and thus not count.
>>
V0.3, with drop in, another 200 point flaw, clarifications of a few things (Bioship, Energy Form), and a second exit.

I still don't know what to do with Absolution. Does the Fountain Pen need a qualifier?
>>
>>46804953
Jewess here, so... but I love the movie.
>>
File: seiga kaku.png (611KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
seiga kaku.png
611KB, 900x900px
>>46804953
I like the cut of your jib, Anon.
>>
>>46805000
Atheist here. That's all well and good but would you like fries with that?
>>
>>46804973
The Road to Awe: You have embraced death, experienced its wonders, and, by dying, you have achieved perfect acceptance and dissolved your consciousness into the void. But now you're back, from outerspace. You may now be reborn, in your next jump. Additionally, you gain the power to, once at the beginning of a jump, change your outward age to anything possible for your species in that jump.
>>
>>46804953

>taoism

While it's not 'life is suffering' isn't a major part of that philosophy literally 'Don't bother trying to fix things you'll just break everything'?
>>
File: Buddism for life.jpg (96KB, 1027x762px) Image search: [Google]
Buddism for life.jpg
96KB, 1027x762px
>>46804953
Say that again motherfucker.
>>
>>46805025
I'd love some, but I have a policy of only ever eating fries that my friends or husband have ordered for themselves. Stolen food has no calories.
>>
>>46805038
Looking at humans on a daily basis, do you disagree with that philosophy?
>>
>>46805000
>Jewess here

judaism also a shit stop worshiping jealous gods

>>46805038

If that were the case then why would so many guides to mastering the tao be put out? Why would the Tao be taught at all, except as a means to fix things in people's lives?

>>46805054
I'll say it again and again. Tao is love and life. Buddhism is dogshit, Zen Buddhism is the worst of all.
>>
File: ohlook.png (336KB, 589x600px) Image search: [Google]
ohlook.png
336KB, 589x600px
>>46805054
Can't hear you over that dye job, midlife marysue.
>>
>>46805066
>>46805038
In honor of this convo, I submit my final disad
Don't Bother [+200]: Being motivated is hard. Especially with all these immortals around. Why can't we just... like... throw a kegger and relax for a few centuries, man? Eternity's too short, right?
>>
Oh boy, belief bitching on /jc/! How much shittier can we get today?!
>>
File: 200px-Twin-Tailed_Comet.png (65KB, 200x230px) Image search: [Google]
200px-Twin-Tailed_Comet.png
65KB, 200x230px
Do you have a minute to hear about our Lord and Savior Sotek, Remover of Skaven and guardian of Lustria?

Also, what's a Sigmar?
>>
>>46805122
I mostly figure God is like my mom. Gets annoyed when I oggle people I'm not married to, doesn't do shit about it. "Are you looking at that guy's ass?" "No. I'm looking at his girlfriend's ass." "You're just saying that to annoy me, right?"
>>
>>46805066

Actually not really, beyond the fact that I tend to consider stuff like plumbing and basic sanitation an improvement.

Just pointing out that their both rather super cynical.

However it probably fits perfectly for some jumpers now that I thought about it.

>>46805122

>If that were the case then why would so many guides to mastering the tao be put out? Why would the Tao be taught at all, except as a means to fix things in people's lives?

I meant more that I rmember their being several quotes that can basically be summarized as 'The world is/was naturally at its best unmodified and trying to cause any changes will ruin it all'.
>>
>>46805161
No, he sounds like a massive faggot.
>>
>>46805154
Nah, it's not even right and proper bitching yet. After all, nobody has been called a faggot

Every religion as good things and bad things about it.
Except Scientologists. Fuck them.
>>
>>46805122
>I'll say it again and again. Tao is love and life. Buddhism is dogshit
>>
>>46805228
>>46805231
Impeccable timing.
>>
File: lizardman-release-10.jpg (138KB, 873x627px) Image search: [Google]
lizardman-release-10.jpg
138KB, 873x627px
>>46805228
Say that to my snakes rat and not online.
>>
>>46805231

Hey that's not true

Scientologists provide a valuable role in proving someone for everyone else to hate and be superior to, and also a guideline on how stupid you can make a sci-fi series before people go "bullshit".
>>
>>46805213
>I meant more that I rmember their being several quotes that can basically be summarized as 'The world is/was naturally at its best unmodified and trying to cause any changes will ruin it all'.

Ah, but attempting to bring it more in tune with its natural state is an alteration in and of itself, no? This type of fixing is clearly acceptable, as one can see in the efforts made to disseminate knowledge of the Tao.

>>46805207
And he doesn't do shit about it in such a manner as to prevent Moses, a loyal servant, from entering Israel.

Why worship a god with the worst quality of Humanity- jealousy?
>>
>>46805285
Actually I don't like Skaven either.
>>
>>46804987
>>46804437
...I'm probably going to get torn the fuck up for this, but please keep in mind this is strictly my opinion and should not be taken as fact:

-The 'Nature of the Self' bit confuses the hell out of me. Are we supposed to pick one of the four roles in each time period? Are we getting every role? There's no indication here at all.
-The Future bit has a 'To move on, you must die' clause. You should probably clarify that it doesn't end the chain. At the least, you should probably offer a way TO let people die, it's not so easy for long-term jumpers.
-The backgrounds are unbalanced in perks and discounts. Is this intentional?
-Things like 'Borrowed Seconds' seems a bit too meta, if only because there doesn't seem to be a limit. So what happens if someone say, stays in a hole for 10,000 years due to an accelerated time bubble to game the system?
-'Energy State' seems weird as hell. So you can choose to just go energy and be completely untouchable? Yeah it says you can't interact, but something like that seems ridiculously easy to abuse.
'Book of What Was' seems... meta. Like, really meta. It's not even the 'this could break something' meta, it's the 'I'm not sure what this is meant to accomplish' meta. I'm not sure about it.
-I don't like the Biosphere. At all. Comparing what people told you about blatant modifications to the Warehouse in the attempted supplement, suddenly going "oh have a whole world to shape around your warehouse" seems like a really gimmicky attempt to get around what people said and add more space to the Warehouse. I'm not sure that's a good idea.
-The 'Road to Awe' end choice feels... I don't know. It feels weird to go "Oh you can make your outer age look like anything for free", it feels tacked on and clunky.

I dunno. It seems like it could be a good jump, but there's a lot of odd points to it.
>>
>>46805299
same reason the greeks worshipped Zeus and the Norse worshipped Odin. Yahwe's just, like, your grandpa. We don't really worship him, so much as say "Yo. Thanks for shit... also, you suck some times." We're respectful when we get food, but then bitch about everything else.

It's not like Big C or Big I. Jews don't really go in for the whole "Worship" thing any more.
>>
>>46805143
Okay, I laughed. Please keep that one.
>>
>>46805415
>Jews don't really go in for the whole "Worship" thing any more.

Tell that to the Hasids senpai.

>same reason the greeks worshipped Zeus and the Norse worshipped Odin. Yahwe's just, like, your grandpa. We don't really worship him, so much as say "Yo. Thanks for shit... also, you suck some times." We're respectful when we get food, but then bitch about everything else.

But would you tolerate a grandfather that betrays his most loyal servants for not more than a moment of jealousy? Would you not seek to cut ties, especially if there should be better options?
>>
>>46805299

>Ah, but attempting to bring it more in tune with its natural state is an alteration in and of itself, no?

That probably depends on if you count a removal of alterations as an alteration or not.

I don't really have issues with the idea of 'actually respecting the natural order of things', but the implication that any deviation would ruin everything seems to imply it's considering everyone like certain jumpers at their worse.

>This type of fixing is clearly acceptable, as one can see in the efforts made to disseminate knowledge of the Tao.

Actually isn't another core part of Taoism 'the way that can be seen is not the eternal way'? If so wouldn't that make actually spreading accurate knowledge of it impossible?

>Why worship a god with the worst quality of Humanity- jealousy?

Okay let's be fair here. The old testament jews had a tendency to be complete morons. It's a damn miracle YHVH gave enough of a damn to keep helping them.
>>
>>46805415
I just watched the trailer and the bubble ship thing future man is in is tiny. Is that the thing you're trying to claim can be a chain of islands hundreds of kilometers long?
>>
Are there any good perks for protecting your Jumper's gadgets from technopaths or stuff like WH40K scrapcode?
>>
>>46805350
Yes, you should pick a role in each time period.
Will do so on the Future.

None of the Backgrounds get any perks or discounts. I used the same system as Bloodborne.

I've been thinking about putting a compressed time clause on Borrowed Seconds, or a hard limit of 20 minutes. The second is probably simpler.

In Energy State you're spiritual energy, so you could interact with ghosts I guess. Don't see the potential for abuse though. Clarify?

As for the book? yeah. It's meta. It's meta in the movie. That's kinda of the point.
>>
How does importing a companion as a Servant into a Fate Jump work? Do you just build them into a role that suits the legend they already have, or could I fuse them with someone else's legend?
>>
>>46805458
None of us like the Hassids or the Haredi. They get on everyone's nerves. They also make up less than 3% of the Jewish Population. As for the betrayal, I pretty much chalk that up to not taking the holy book too literally. Its stories written down 2500 years ago by people who barely understood bronze production.
>>
>>46805513
>but the implication that any deviation would ruin everything seems to imply it's considering everyone like certain jumpers at their worse.

Perhaps, perhaps not. In their jumps, perhaps jumpers attain the years, wisdom, and power necessary to truly understand the Tao. Ultimately, we'll never know.

And I'm not sure that's the implication made. The Tao master Mantak Chia lived with a PC in his home. Remember that these books, being as old as they are, tend to speak in riddles. The Surface level is rarely the only one.

> 'the way that can be seen is not the eternal way'

There are so many ways to translate that phrase. The one I'm aware of is "The Tao that can be spoken of is not the Tao". Tao, here can be translated to mean way, but also Power, similar to the force.

What that means is that you can't just tell someone "this is the Tao", they have to come to it through specific means of meditation and introspection. You can, however, tell them how to do these tasks.

>Okay let's be fair here. The old testament jews had a tendency to be complete morons.

Perhaps, but Their god was even worse. The way that he turned his back on Moses and hardened Pharaoh's heart makes him unacceptable as a god.
>>
>>46805537
The bubble ship is an example of the technology of the setting. his is a single person craft, but it's not the only one in existence.
>>
>>46805609
>As for the betrayal, I pretty much chalk that up to not taking the holy book too literally. Its stories written down 2500 years ago by people who barely understood bronze production.

So you don't believe the stories in your own Holy book? Where is the line drawn, then, and why? Why are some things acceptably true/literal, and others are not?
>>
>>46805537
And in fact, the tech back on earth is likely to be even more advanced, considering he's been travelling for over a century by 2500.
>>
>>46805562
>so you could interact with ghosts I guess
>Don't see the potential for abuse though. Clarify?
Three words: Mental Manipulation Abilities. Just because one can't interact physically doesn't mean they can't just stay invulnerable forever and use meat puppets to pilot other things to do their work for them a la "ASSUMING DIRECT CONTROL" and basically cheating death forever.

Also I'm on board with >>46805537, >>46804599, and >>46804559. The 'biosphere' bit really, REALLY feels like you just cut things out of your attempted supplement and just threw it into here when we've seen nothing of that kind of thing in the movie.
>>
Could we please get back on topic? /tg/ is not the right board for this shit.
>>
>>46805700
If it can hold debates for GorkMorkism v. Sigmarism, it can hold this.
>>
>>46805642
The same can be asked of all holy texts. I honestly don't have an answer that's definative. I figure that each faith pretty much just tries its best to figure the word out as they go, each according to what is known in the time and place of its codification.

I'm not really worried about historical details from the Torah. I get my science and history from sceintists and archeologists.
>>
>>46805626
Do we see anything bigger in the movie? How big is the biggest ship?
>>
>>46805714
IT'S MORKGORKISM YOU FUCKING FAGGOT!
>>
>>46805729
LIKE I GIVE A DAMN YOU GREEN SKUB-LOVING FAGGOT
>>
Jumpers, what was the best meal that you've ever eaten? If it was cooked by you or a companion, what was the best meal that wasn't cooked by one of your crew?
>>
>>46805720
>I figure that each faith pretty much just tries its best to figure the word out as they go, each according to what is known in the time and place of its codification.

Except for those that can provide actual metaphysical results without demanding praise for a jealous god, like Taoism.
>>
File: FOR KHORE.gif (2MB, 800x640px) Image search: [Google]
FOR KHORE.gif
2MB, 800x640px
>>46805714
>>46805729
THE DARK POWERS TRIUMPH
>>
File: hereslookingatyou.png (269KB, 599x592px) Image search: [Google]
hereslookingatyou.png
269KB, 599x592px
Right, so I just discovered we have a Generic Children's Television jump.

If the author is around... Thank You. You've made my day, if not my month. I really needed those smiles.
Now my face hurts, but it is a good pain.
>>
>>46805724
The movie has less than 10 characters, takes place in 6 or 7 sets total, and 5 of those characters are played by 2 actors. It's a deeply personal movie about narrative and emotion and the nature of time and soul. It's not a space opera. Some things can be infer'd. Future Tom has a bubble that can fly at superluminal velocities and is a bioship. There are zero indications that such is a unique item or hard to build by his culture's standpoint. I've read everything I can to research this jump, including interviews with the cast and crew and the original writer. I read the comic its based on. To get a complete setting, some things have to be extrapolated from the source. And others have to be inspired by the visuals and story medium.
>>
File: paulatreides.jpg (188KB, 872x662px) Image search: [Google]
paulatreides.jpg
188KB, 872x662px
>>46805766
>metaphysical results when you have the Kwisatz Haderach

Dune jump beste jump.
>>
>>46805714
They are going on about on real life religion, and the belief in and dislike of it. That is not on topic, and I wish they would just shut up about it.
>>
File: 1271479301851.jpg (64KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
1271479301851.jpg
64KB, 600x450px
>>46805859
>Some things can be infer'd.
>There are zero indications that such is a unique item or hard to build by his culture's standpoint
Uh, yeah. I'm just gonna point out, you know what they say about assuming.
>>
>>46805950
It helps to create a fleshed-out and rich setting that's fun to play in?
>>
>>46799540
I know, and I'm sorry it ran out of steam.At some point i'm going to pick up the latest game and try and work on it again, but truthfully if someone thinks they can handle it Im alright with that.
>>
>>46805859
As long as it has a canonical basis, it's fine. Stretching canon just a little can be ok. Adding things just because they were in your supplement and you think they maybe could be possible in the setting is... It's skeevy. Please don't be skeevy. It's a neat looking setting with some interesting ideas, I'd really rather you do justice to it than use it as a vehicle for your own supplement just because it got rejected and you don't like the other dozens of warehouse add ons some of which can make it shaped like an island and others which can let your companions not be in statis when not active.
>>
File: religions.png (318KB, 640x407px) Image search: [Google]
religions.png
318KB, 640x407px
>>46805720
>The same can be asked of all holy texts.
>>
>>46805950
Especially when you assume a civilization being able to build one person ships means they could build megastructures with ecosystems and replicators.
>>
>>46805680
Energy State [600]: Once per jump you may become pure energy and reincarnate yourself at will. Doing so requires you to be calm, centered, and able to enter a meditative state during which time you are completely helpless. Once this ability is activated you transform into pure spiritual energy and may remain in that state, unable to interact with the physical world as long as your spiritual endurance holds out, though in that form you are vulnerable to all manner of spiritual attacks and cannot use most of your non-spiritual abilities (including most psionics as they require a physical brain. Or you may choose to take on a new physical form that is of the same basic type (Race, Origin, Profession) as your previous form, but whose name, setting memories / overlay persona, and physical appearances are different. Your essential core personality remains untouched.
>>
>>46805996
Consider the following anon:

It provides what many of those warehouse add-ons provide while still costing CP in an actual jump, which is what many people disliked about the housing supplement.
>>
>>46802474
I would like Dragon Quest, but more than that Xenosaga or Wild Arms.
>>
So a question about the to be planned Elantris jump.

The book Elantris is set on the planet Sel same 'universe' as the Mistborn books, though I doubt we'll see a proper crossover even for years.. It's got enough material for three solid backgrounds of perks and items.

The novella The Emperor's Soul takes place on Sel also. We have no idea when or where in relation, but it also has its own systems of magic and culture.

Should I include them in the same jump, or make a supplement, or make it its own jump (its very short).
>>
>>46806042
>>46806029
I have pulled the replicators. The eccosystem stuff may be a stretch, but it's pretty much needed for a biosphere isolated from the outside universe... unless I really want people to have to hunt down enough field mice and frogs and crayfish and foxes and...

I'll even remove the mines, though half the warehouse rewards are self-replicating.
>>
>>46806116
That's good. Now just hike the cost a bit and I'd say you're good, though there'll always be THAT contingent.
>>
>>46806101
Use the Emperor's SOul and Elantris together. TES isn't big enough to support a jump. As for the connection with Mistborn, it's impossible to know the era of connection. and even Mistborn could have a follow up with the series set several hundred years later as I don't think that's covered in the Mistborn Jump.
>>
>>46805950
Not them, but the other options are that the ship is relatively unique and thus we're either planetbound or fairly limited in terms of where to go in the future section of the jump, or... I forgot where I was going with this.

Anyway, some pretty big assumptions are being made here, but the Biosphere existing implies things about the setting that let me do more than wait out multiple fairly ordinary lives and train before I move on to a more exciting setting.

Meh.
>>
>>46805997
YOUR WORDS ARE AS EMPTY AS YOUR SOUL
>>
>>46806116
It's not the mine being self replicating that's the problem, it's that it had no basis in the setting. Please understand I am not against the ideas you've had in general, I just think if you're doing a jump based on the setting... then the things in the jump should be from the setting.

Sorry for all this, by the way. I hope you do decide to make other jumps in the future, aside from a few stumbling blocks this jump is quite good, and a very interesting style.
>>
>>46806101
Which three backgrounds did you go with?

I wish I could give feedback on your actual question, but I never read The Emperor's Soul so I can't. I loved Elantris though.

I didn't realize the two took place in the same "universe". That leads to some /really/ interesting theories.
>>
>>46806144
It costs 800 CP. How high do you want it?
>>46806159
Would you be happy if I limited the Jumper to say a week every year inside the Biosphere? Because the Bedroom of Zeus or the holodeck sounds like a great place to spend a decade too.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (99KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
99KB, 1280x720px
>>46805968
>pic related
I'm afraid when it comes to a movie, and we've seen zero basis for what he's trying to do, that assuming in this case is bad. That's how we get confusion, and in this case it's setting up a bad precedent because then people can go 'Well clearly by assuming from what this unique device can do, we can throw out massively improved versions for cheap, they would have gotten there eventually'.

But hey, like I said before that's just my opinion. So feel free to ignore it.

>>46806159
I don't have a problem with the idea of the biosphere if he kept it to what we've seen in the movie. It's just like people said, it's the massive assumptions and attempted 'Not the housing supplement' that's concerning. But that's just me. The big thing is thread consensus, and I'm just one person. If thread thinks I'm being a faggot on this, so be it.

>>46806032
You know, that actually completely nips that capstone in the bud. Nice work.
>>
I just remembered something I was wondering.

Doe anyone know if the Subdue perk in Infamous is just being good at non-lethally restraining people, or if its a modification to your Conduit powers that lets you use them for that?
>>
>>46806223
Oh, no, I'm fine with the Biosphere as-is, but I don't think that's really addressing the issue people have with it.

It's not usability or actual value, it's that people think you're going too far with what is known in order to make it available at all.
>>
>>46806250
>we can throw out massively improved versions for cheap,

I would like to agree, but 800 CP isn't cheap senpai.
>>
>>46806272
The funny thing is if he kept it to what was shown, he could probably drop the price a fair amount.
>>
Another check if anyone is working on a Nuclear Throne Jump. If not, I'm going to start working on one. Before anyone asks, I'm the Anon who asked if it was claimed a few threads ago and got into a minor discussion about it.
>>
>>46806261
Pretty sure it's an application of your powers, at least that's how it works in the games.
>>
>>46806202
Fine, I shall remove the mine. Are there any other sections that people would like removed (aside from the entire thing). All I wanted was a nice island to go to and maybe have a cookout with my friends every so often. listen to the birds chirp, unwind, before I go back and deal with another war or an insane god.

I thought I'd make it a place where a community could grow and flourish, especially for people who actually decide their Jumper has kids and a family and maybe a dog. It's not meant to be a powergaming thing. It's meant to be a pocket world where nice Jumpers can have nice things, and psycho jumpers can build an entire army of killbots or whatever. Not that they'd need it because there are apparently a dozen ways better to make an insane evil army.
>>
>>46806365
>It's meant to be a pocket world where nice Jumpers can have nice things, and psycho jumpers can build an entire army of killbots or whatever.

But we already have a place like that. It's called the Warehouse, just leave the fucking door open.
>>
>>46806156
That's what I was going to do, but the thing is how do you explain the setting? Having the jump take place in either location/time would make some of the perks (Elantrian/Dakhor) weird as I think they are geneology based, I don't want to presume the stories occur within ten years of each other. I guess I could just use the 'tourist who got lost' excuse.

As for Mistborn, the problem would be that nothing really needs to be added, apart from a section on compounding (but who didn't take Ferruchemist+Mistborn, amirite?), and whatever the Southerners are up to.

Also, what's the SJ stand for, if I may?

>>46806216
I went for Drop-In (Cap = Chayshan), Shu-Dereth Priest (Cap = Dakhor), and Arelonian (Cap = Elantrian). Another line would have been something like nobility, but the planned Cap (Seon Crafting) is tricky to get around as Seon's are fragments of the local dead gods.

As for the books interacting, you can pretty much expect all his fantasy books to be same universe. I'm just waiting for the crisis crossover in a decade or two.
>>
>>46806365
It seems like the thread's problem with it is that it there's not enough in the universe of the jump to justify something that powerful. But IDK I actually agree with you that something like this should exist, and I really love how you did it. Should it exist in this jump? I don't know enough about the setting to know.
>>
>>46806408
>But we already have a place like that. It's called the Warehouse, just leave the fucking door open.

go about 2 sentences back there bucko
>>
>>46806446
Yeah, and?
>>
>>46806156
It is possible to know the area of connection. Mistborn takes place on an entirely different planet, just one that's in the same universe. It's not really an issue for the sake of an Elantris jump.
>>
>>46806489
Context, amigo. They wanted a space to do something that the warehouse wouldn't suffice for.
>>
>>46806365
That's what actually going out and interacting with the setting is for, mate. Go out and find your island in the Jump.
>>
>>46805207
I dunno anything about you, except that you're married but blatantly check out other men. That makes me hate you quite a bit.
>>
>>46802534
>Just a couple of anons.
Don't be so dismissive. When a good chunk of the people actually talking are calling your logic flimsy and your justification sparse, you need to examine yourself instead of waving them off.
>>
>>46806544
Yeah, but then why have equipment in jumps at all? Why not just say "go out and find your metal gear in the jump"?

In this case, one can assume you can, but there's an option to have it at the start for a greatly increased CP cost. Like with most jumps.
>>
>>46806415
Huh. I thought Elantrians were the ones who made Seons. I didn't realize they were something else entirely. I guess I'll have to track down a copy of The Emperor's Soul and dig in.

Still, Drop-In, She-Dereth Priest, Arelonian, and Nobility are a pretty good set of Backgrounds to go with.

I do wish there was more information on Duladel in the book. I would have really liked a Background based on them.
>>
>>46806511
And you're telling me that the fuckhuge amount of attachments, improvements, and all around upgrades aren't enough somehow? We've probably got enough warehouse attachments to make a pocket universe and his answer was "well I want it all in one bucket", when he was pointed to multiple jumps that let him do exactly what he wanted.

Yeah, no. I'm glad he's doing a Fountain jump, I'm glad he's putting effort into at least trying to represent the setting somewhat, but using it to weasel in his supplement when he got shouted down before is skeevy. Make a jump to explore the setting, not to boat in shit we've never seen under the excuse of "Oh well I assume it's out there"
>>
>>46806559
...he says, cock in hand, before tabbing back to one of the twenty porn sites he has open.
>>
>>46806612
Nope.
>>
>>46806604
Pretty sure it's another girl.
>>
>>46806559
>>46806612
>>46806638
Oh boy, here we go. Seriously, please, don't start this shit guys. Can't we just have a nice thread without this nonsense?
>>
>>46806653
What the point of asking questions you know the answer to?
>>
>>46806604
The vast majority of those supplements are widely rejected, see the housing one for an example. Plus, his idea of a persistent pocket dimension is something that I've not seen in other jumps.

>but using it to weasel in his supplement when he got shouted down before is skeevy.

nngh. The reason that most of those get shot down is because they don't cost any CP in an actual jump. Tying it to an actual jump and costing CP is... a step towards alleviating that concern.
>>
>>46806602
No, Seons are naturally-occurring, though they do occur more frequently around Elantrians. They're bits of the dead shard Devotion, just like how the spren over on Roshar are bits of Honor and Cultivation.
>>
>>46806365
Take a look at Terraria's Frequent Flier Miles.

For the warehouse specifically, God of War has perks to customize your warehouse to the point it can be an entire island (just don't leave stuff outside of the 'warehouse or other add on' bits).

If you really want a big space then one of the Metal Gear jumps can get you an infinite ocean (don't go in the water) that you could build a flying island over.

The general idea for companions that aren't active is that they're frozen in time in some sort of limbo, but there's just as much support for them simply being in the warehouse when not active, and the warehouse doesn't have time pass when closed, so you could go with that interpretation and just leave the door open (with a forcewall) and you're done.

The problem with your idea, and others have said this, is that it would be fine if it was in the setting, but it isn't. Not only that you just tried to use it to fit in the supplement you made after it got turned down.

I actually liked the supplement, but it doesn't work as a supplement, if you can find a setting that has something closer to what you wanted (and used only options that fit the setting) you could probably get what you're after.

Heck, find a series with bio-domes like Freelancer (the space game) had and you could add one of them to it. It's nowhere near as big, but it's still good. If you need adventure a holodeck can cover your needs.
>>
>>46806652
Mate, I couldn't care if they're a fucking space alien that escaped a volcano when it got hydrogen bombed.

Standards should be met, or it's no better than when bancho made PS238 to make a power grab.
>>
>>46806559
No. I don't. I watch people. I study people. My mother thinks I'm checking out other men. My husband knows I'm not. And often my husband and I will point out good looking people to each other, because they're nice to look at.
>>
>>46806653
We're on page 9. No mater the result, it won't matter for long.
>>
>>46806653
Just give up.

We'll never wake up from this nightmare.
>>
>>46806602
Yeah, weird thing is that according to legend, the first Elantrians found the city abandoned, moved in, and only started transforming a few generations later.

Seons are your magical floating orb robot buddy of unknown like, everything, but the sequel is supposed to go into them more. So, I can't exactly do much about them. Odd thing is, they don't get weaker the further from Elantris, unlike the Elantrians.
>>
File: Hope.jpg (48KB, 224x257px) Image search: [Google]
Hope.jpg
48KB, 224x257px
>>46806661
>>46806691

>>46806687
Well, there's that at least.
>>
>>46806674
>If you really want a big space then one of the Metal Gear jumps can get you an infinite ocean (don't go in the water) that you could build a flying island over.

That only lasts for the duration of the jump tho, whereas persistence is the whole point of this one.
>>
>>46806715
MY FATHER'S WORDS
>>
>>46806672
I... what?

>>46806711
They did? And here I was thinking it was all just fancy Rune Magic based on some city-scale ritual set up ages ago.

Okay. I apparently know less than dick all about the world. I'll do some digging tomorrow. Now I'm /really/ curious to know what's going on.
>>
In Soul Eater, does going Werewolf give you regeneration on par with Free?
>>
>>46806732
YOUR FATHER LOVED YOU
>>
>>46806604
Yes, I did chose to do the Fountain because the Biosphere would fit there, but I did so because the Biosphere would fit there. It's where I got the idea from. And once the whole issue with supplements was explained to me, I went out of my way to try and work it in as smoothly as possible, pulling out almost everything that was deamed out of context for the setting it was in. I didn't just pick Fountain because its got bubbles. I happen to love the movie and the graphic novel... and the sound track... and the lead actor & actress.

But I made it cost CP... A lot of CP. I scraped the idea of it growing. I followed the guidelines I was given.
>>
>>46806668
>The vast majority of those supplements
That anon said nothing about supplements. All of that shit is available in existing jumps.

>Plus, his idea of a persistent pocket dimension is something that I've not seen in other jumps.
Then you haven't been looking, there are a number of them. Hell, Terraria and Myst have actual pocket dimensions, and Wakfu has a literal one.

>Tying it to an actual jump and costing CP
An actual jump that has basically no risk (not even the normal risk of death for any jump, because the jump makes you die twice by default), is shorter than a normal jump, has no canon basis for the additions and has little else of value to compete with it but equally non-canon supernatural time powers.

>>46806726
...No, it's attached to your warehouse.

You know, the more a few of you anons bitch about how there's no available options that can suit your warehouse purposes the more it seems you just don't actually have a fucking clue what's available.
>>
>>46806803
He still believes?
>>
>>46806791
Pretty sure it doesn't, considering the perk just says it's hard to kill you, as where the witches literally gave up trying to kill him.
>>
>>46806674
The thing is that Biodomes are a big thing in The Fountain. And they scale upwards using today's technology, let along 5 centuries in the future. But as for using another setting that has biodomes? I don't know any other settings that use biodomes well enough to do so. The closest I could come is making a "Mountain" jump, which I think we can all agree would be the worst Jump Ever.

As I've said, Fountain is a tiny movie, but it implies a larger culture, and that larger culture has to be what the jump is about, because otherwise it's incredibly isolationistic, as 2/3rds of the film is just Hugh Jackman by himself
>>
>>46806777
Brandon Sanderson's fantasy novels are all set in the same universe, albeit at different times and on different planets. The differences in metaphysics between the various series are due to the presence of "shards of Adolnasium", the remains of an ancient god-being that have formed a symbiotic relationship with humans, elevating them to godhood and incidentally warping the laws of magic around them. Most of these shards are dead, implied to be due to the actions of the shard Odium. Dead shards tend to disperse into a bunch of lesser spirits.
>>
>>46806876
His heart was broken...
>>
>>46806867
To be fair, there ARE jumps that allow you to die once (or more in a specific format) without losing. Take Vesperia, for example. Entelechaeia, they're allowed one death as long as they go through the Entele -> Spirit rebirth process.
>>
>>46806777
The timeline of the stories is a little weird to be honest.

If we assume that Seons are fragments of a dead god then how do you explain their existence prior to the Reod said killing of the gods which also cursed the Elantrians and 'broke' the Seons?

Elantrians themselves might have come before Seons, but Dakhor definitely came after both. I guess I'll just pull jump fiat on how all the options are available.

Oh yeah, also going to put bits of Forgery and Bloodsealing in there... somehow.

>>46806900
oh no, I'm going to have to figure out the interactions between Investitures aren't I?
>>
>>46806892
Gave up on killing him? Huh. I just saw a video where he got stuff shoved through his chest and pretty much shrugged it off. I didn't know he was straight-up Immortal.

Any idea how strong the one from the jump is?
>>
>>46806894
That's no excuse at all to boat in your supplement. You said in >>46806828 that you liked it for the movie and what it had. So stick to that and stop trying to push things we haven't seen on your assumptions.

Look at >>46806674, look at all the options. Fuck, >>46806867 has some more options. Go look at Ar Tonelico, and its fuckhuge tower add-on. Or if you're really desperate go pester Red until she shuts up and does something. She's been handing out warehouse upgrades and attachments like a felon handing candy out of a van lately.
>>
>>46806867
>Hell, Terraria and Myst have actual pocket dimensions, and Wakfu has a literal one.

Yeah, that's true, but this idea adds a lot more personalization and customization to the pocket dimension.
>>
>>46806985
What's your blood pressure like?
>>
>>46806985
>handing out warehouse upgrades and attachments

[citation needed]
>>
>>46806992
>this idea adds a lot more personalization and customization to the pocket dimension.
No, it doesn't. You literally design the Myst worlds from the ground up. The Terraria ones are completely customisable, like the worlds in the game. The Wakfu bag is extremely customisable. Super Mario has paintings that work like the Myst ones. There are more.
>>
>>46806902
His only weakness.
>>
>>46807006
Dangerously low. Getting angry at people online is good for my health.
>>
>>46806985
I'm done. I'm out of energy to defend anything at this point. If I stay and debate this anymore I'm going to start hating Jumpchain. I like what I've written. I don't think it's overpowered. It is what it is and it is how it is. There are four elements in the Biosphere I want to leave in just because I do, but at this point all the joy of creation has been sucked away by hours of back and forth. I woke up this morning inspired to write and now... I don't know any more.

I don't know if I'll be back.
>>
>>46807085
HIS GREATEST STRENGTH!
>>
>>46807073
>No, it doesn't. You literally design the Myst worlds from the ground up. The Terraria ones are completely customisable, like the worlds in the game. The Wakfu bag is extremely customisable. Super Mario has paintings that work like the Myst ones. There are more.

Yes, but by adding options, points, and such, the new idea does add more fun and new ideas into it. I mean, fuck, at some point if we want total customization, why even use the jumpchain method at all? We can just imagine it in our head. Same thing goes for this vs. the Terraria method.
>>
>>46807104
Welcome to /tg/.

Also please come back it was pretty cool.
>>
>>46807113
Now we shall see
>>
>>46807104
There are a few people who lurk in jumpchain threads that seem to gain perverse joy in shitting threads up and driving them off. You may wish to visit the IRC; we have a more civil discourse there, generally.
>>
>>46807160
You are not evil!
>>
>>46807104
Bye for now, hope I see you later!
>>
>>46807104
...Welp.

Other anon, I hope your superpower of healing from getting mad goes away.
>>
>>46807104
please don't stay gone, this shit is always temporary
>>46807175
if they will stand
>>
>>46807095
That must be why you get so into it and so anal.

>>46807104
Just ignore that guy. We have people who come here only to get RIDICULOUSLY angry about minutiae, drive people off for tiny mistakes, and make all of us miserable. Believe me, a lot of us are fed up with people like him too who can't be civil.

That said, ignore >>46807164 , not because going to the IRC is bad, but because we want you in the thread, too. Don't neglect one part of the community.
>>
>>46807104
As one of the guys trying to give you other ideas, please don't go. I really hope you stick around, you just stepped on a touchy issue right off the bat and, while sticking to your guns can be a good thing, this might not have been the best place to stand your ground.

Anyway, please stay, as >>46807164 said try dropping into the IRC.

The actual jump is good, and I hope you find it in you to do more.
>>
>>46807124
>You get more personalisation this way!
>No you don't, you literally build your own worlds from the ground up the other way.
>Oh, but by removing the personal effort and making it an open-ended purchase it's more fun.
Wow, look at those goalposts go.
>>
>>46807164
Seriously, though, Crux? I know the thread's been shitty to you too lately, but don't leave us thread people hanging here and try to sequester folks.
>>
>>46807202
You are not broken!
>>
>>46807248
beside their hero
>>
File: 009.png (209KB, 800x1248px) Image search: [Google]
009.png
209KB, 800x1248px
>>46806962
I have no idea how strong the perk is. All I know is that supposedly the witches couldn't kill him, and that the only damage done to him that seemed to last any amount of time was Maka's Witch-Hunt.
>>
Will anon learn his lesson this time he drove someone off? Find out next time on Dragon Jump Z.

The answer is no.
>>
>>46807247
I'm not sequestering anyone, I'm trying to keep the community from completely losing someone who just joined it. I don't post too much but I've at least lurked in all the threads we've got.
>>
>>46807259
We both know they'll NEVER fight!
>>
>>46807290
You finally get it.
There are no heroes.
/jc/ is doomed.
You will never have another Hero. You will never have another chance. You will fall because you never tried to stand for yourselves!
>>
>>46807262
Huh. Okay then.

Oh well, I guess I'll just have to wait for NuBee to show up.
>>
>>46807313
>Destroy him!
>You can save us
>Destroy him
>You're our only hope!
STOP!
>Kill Kanon!
>>
>>46807104
Please return tomorrow or whenever. Some people can be acerbic but on the whole we're generally reasonable and polite.

>>46807164
>inb4 irc conspiracy post–

>>46807247
Goddamnit

>>46807333
I honestly can't tell if you're joking or serious. If you're joking, it's sort of in poor taste, since he or she might really be gone for good.
If you're serious, please go and stay go.
>>
>>46807313
That part bothered me.

>Hey unarmed civilians you guys suck for not fighting the murderbots on your own!
>>
>>46807360
If these people...tell this story...to their children...as they sleep...maybe someday...they'll see a Jump Maker...is just a man...who knows he is free.
>>
>>46807382
>Conspiracy
>Express that people shouldn't only stick to one instead of attacking either.
Work on the paranoia.

>>46807333
You do realize his daughter converted/married a Jewish guy right?
>>
File: get a load.gif (949KB, 155x173px) Image search: [Google]
get a load.gif
949KB, 155x173px
>>46807382
He was probably serious, and yet even as a Nazi I thought it was over the line.
>>
>>46807189
I'm not mad... I'm frustrated, burned out, and a little saddened. Also tired because I've been working on this for 21 hours straight and I feel like I've wasted a day that could have been spent doing other things.
>>
>>46807418
Take a rest, wind down a little bit. We'll be here when you feel up to coming back. Sorry your first experiences here had to be with our community's assholes, but clearly we're not all like that.
>>
>>46807418
It's the other guy that shows up sepecifically to shit people that he was talking about.

See the "Other anon" bit?

Regardless... I think people have a point when they say it needs to be brought closer to the actual setting in terms of available options. And if that doesn't work, find a setting that is closer.

I believe in you family. It wasn't for nothing, you got pretty close to perfect. Just make it setting-appropriate, and ignore that one faggot.
>>
>>46807471
Harping on it now is in poor taste. You're pushing your luck to get what you want, when you should focus on what matters.
>>
>>46807391
>He could not save himself... >How could he save us?
>For all the blood he shed...As I live!
>Your brother failed us! There is no evil that will stand
>There's nothing you could do..And I will finish
>You had no choice. What was started...
>Why do you cry for him? The fight of PROTOMAN!
>You are our hero...You are our HERO!
And you are the dead.
>>
>>46807496
There are ways to do that without being a fucking dick, asshole. Everything was fine and constructive, until you showed up.
>>
>>46807418
Now might be a good time to sleep, and do your best to not let some bad apples spoil the bunch for you.
>>
>>46807418
See >>46807471.

I think the big issue was trying to push the biosphere with options we've never seen in the setting, so soon after your original housing supplement. Trying to go all in like that isn't going to end well.

Just take a break, step back from things, and look at what people are saying. If you have to, find a setting that fits the idea more and use that. Fountain is a really good jump otherwise, but pushing Biosphere like this probably wasn't a good move. Give it time, reconsider things.
>>
>>46807516
You think I'm the person who was attacking her, when I'm not. I'm a person telling you that harping on your perceived issue with the biosphere right now is in poor taste. You should focus on not chasing her off with your demands. That's what matters. When she feels better, you can bring your issues up again. That's all. People here seem to have warped priorities, where "I want." is above any other consideration for the people they're talking to.
>>
File: only hat.png (249KB, 540x517px) Image search: [Google]
only hat.png
249KB, 540x517px
>>46807527
I learned to recognize you guys from /pol/, and judging by your images, you're from there too.

>>46807535
desu I would be fine if she pushed biosphere, so long as she picked the right setting for it.
>>
File: FOR YOU.jpg (372KB, 500x750px) Image search: [Google]
FOR YOU.jpg
372KB, 500x750px
>>46807498
Kill them all.
>>
When companions are granted cp, can they buy gear and items?
>>
>>46807594
Unless it says they can't.
>>
>>46807588
>We are the deeead. We are the deeeead!!!
>>
>>46807571
We gotta find some good middle ground between tarring and feathering and coddling- neither are acceptable. Saying "It's got too many fucking problems" is assholish, and resulted in this, saying "there's nothing wrong, there there" is disingenious, and results in disillusion. I was trying to say "The issues weren't that bad, it all boils down to X", in order to simplify and minimize the issue. Wasn't trying to be selfish.
>>
>>46807601
A lot of jumps say companions are granted x cp to spend on skills and abliities. Does that mean they can't spend it on gear?
>>
Any settings with human sized coil guns?
>>
>>46807610
That's beside the point. My point is that it can wait. Pushing for the changes you want does not need to happen right now, when she feels fenced in, under attack, and is considering leaving. That's not 'coddling' to put your issues aside for a better time. That's a hallmark of reasonable debate. You can either choose to be on constant attack and get nothing when people break, or you can know when and where to discuss it, give people time to relax and think, and get the results you want. That's all. Letting it go until she comes back in a better mood isn't letting the jump get on the drive with the issues you perceive. Understand? It's not an emergency that needs to be solved RIGHT NOW or not at all.
>>
>>46807463
>Shitposting is a part of our culture you cucks
Oh. Alright then.

Go back to /b/, then go to bed. 12 year olds shouldn't be up this late.
>>
>>46807637
Unfortunately.

Which is silly because items are worthless, restricting them from companions makes no sense as lower-value choices.
>>
>>46807649
MGS has Fortune carrying around one.

...Actually, no. Pretty sure that's a rail gun. Well, if you take the tech Perks you can probably figure it out easily enough.
>>
>>46807656
Jesus. I wasn't trying to push for changes I want, because honestly I didn't really give a shit about those changes. I was just trying to rephrase people's poorly phrased concerns into actual civil, constructive ideas.

> Letting it go until she comes back in a better mood isn't letting the jump get on the drive with the issues you perceive.

No, but it helps her sleep well with a correct perception of the issues that face it, instead of "oh they hate everything about it"
>>
>>46807683
What's the difference between a coil gun and a rail gun?
>>
>>46807699
One uses a coil to shoot stuff, the other uses rails?

They both work off the electro-magnetic floaty power makes metal thing go fast principle.
>>
>>46807699
A rail gun has weird electric shit going through the barrel to magnetize it and send a projectile forward.

A coil gun has weird electric shit all over it. They turn on the one nearest to the projectile, pulling it forward through magnetism, then they shut it off while turning on the next right as it's going to the first and start moving backwards.

Or something like that.
>>
>>46807725
>>46807728
Ah ok. In that case a human sized rail gun would be awesome too, if there are any out there.
>>
>>46807699
Coil guns use the sequential discharge of electromagnets (coil-shaped ones, naturally) to pull a projectile down the barrel. Rail guns make the projectile itself part of an electromagnet, one designed to violently push itself apart. The projectile is then channeled down a pair of conductive rails. Coil guns have less wear due to lack of contact with the electromagnets, but rail guns can attain a higher muzzle velocity for a given input energy. and barrel size. It's a trade-off between reliability and power.
>>
>>46807696
>It helps her sleep well.
You think harping on the issues and debates that caused her stress helps her sleep well? God, you must not talk with people much. You sleep well by getting your mind OFF your problems, not drowning in them.
>>
>>46807768
Again, both are doable with Metal Gear Solid tech.

The smartypants perks in that jump never stop paying off.
>>
>>46807810
If your knightery were any whiter, It'd be fucking blinding. This has gone past common courtesy.

>You sleep well by getting your mind OFF your problems, not drowning in them.

And you get your mind off it by having a resolution, and thus, a correct conception of the problem.
>>
>>46807674
>lower
The intent was probably to keep them from buying items for you.
>>
>>46807768
Well, there are actually a lot of coil and rail personal weapons throughout the chain. For example, the mid-tier weapons in XCOM 2 are rail guns. Technically all weapons in Mass Effect are coil guns, through they also incorporate gravity field manipulation, too. Any superhero setting could get you one pretty easily. Biomega has some amazingly powerful handheld models (they're called particle beam guns, but they're really coil guns, it's weird like that), you might want one of those. Fallout has a really nice gauss rifle ("gauss gun" is another word for a rail gun, named after Carl Freiderich Gauss, a mathematician whose work is pivotal to electromagnetic field theory). Halo has a few railgun sniper rifles, pretty nice. Gunm has the Solenoid Quench Gun, that's another name for a coil gun. Really, there are tons of magnetic accelerator weapons all over, you're spoiled for choice.
>>
>>46807852
Which is dumb, because items are low value.
>>
>>46807839
If you're gonna treat 'common decency and basic debate strategy' as white knighting there's not much I can do for you, you're going to be stubborn and justify yourself no matter what I say. So let's make this the last post huh? Or my last one, regardless.

>Having a resolution.
Which aint gonna happen if you're stressed out and not at your best. Trying to put people attacking someone's 'concerns' 'nicely' doesn't dispel stress, it's just bringing it back to the forefront where you dwell on it. It's better to calm down then come back to the issue to find this 'resolution' in a better state. That's all. If you don't want to see this, you won't. I can't make you, especially not when you're being defensive as what you perceive as an attack on your 'reasonable' behavior.
>>
Do we have Quake jump?
I fuckin' loved that game as a kid. Never got very far though, because I have shit-tier reaction times and the coordination of a drunk three toed sloth.
>>
>>46807926
Not a Quake jump, no. There's a Doom jump, but no Quake.
>>
>>46807860
Eh, not always. Some of them are pretty crazy.
>>
>>46807772
>>46807819
>>46807858
Thanks!
>>
>>46807951
Generally, then.
>>
>>46807911
>If you're gonna treat 'common decency and basic debate strategy' as white knighting there's not much I can do for you, you're going to be stubborn and justify yourself no matter what I say.

The way that you've taken this so personally and emotionally is beyond common decency.

>It's better to calm down then come back to the issue to find this 'resolution' in a better state.

That's not how it works. If you think that Everyone hates your jump, and that your work was for nothing, it's not gonna get you anywhere. If someone says "Nah, it's pretty good, you just need to do X" then that minimizes your discomfort when you inevitably dwell on it.
>>
>>46807942
Blast. Curses.
I need me some Strogg-tech.
>>
>>46807699
A coil gun uses several coiled electromagnets that are set in stages, turning off as the projectile passes them.

A rail gun creates a circuit between two rails and a projectile. A magnetic field is produced behind the projectile which repels it and expands as the projectile moves along the contacts.

Coil guns have lower power requirements but need more computers and calibrations to fire properly. Rail guns need massive amounts of power to be effective, but little in the way of computation and precise timing.

>>46807673
GMT +8 you cuck, it's 1:30 in the arvo
Mum says I've got another 3 hours before her john comes over and I need to be in bed.
>>
>>46807968
Yeah, I'll agree to that.
Then again, when items are worse then abilities, keeping you from buying them doesn't mean much.
>>
>>46807768
Fallout has Gauss rifles and pistols.
Halo has a Gauss turret on some of the Warthogs.
Thread posts: 519
Thread images: 54

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.