[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: Primarchs that you wish didn't fall to chaos

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 141
Thread images: 27

File: fulgrim.jpg (35KB, 283x495px) Image search: [Google]
fulgrim.jpg
35KB, 283x495px
Pic Related
>>
File: babygrinch.jpg (57KB, 625x625px) Image search: [Google]
babygrinch.jpg
57KB, 625x625px
>>46780903
H O R U S
O
R
U
S
>>
>>46780903
Fulgrim's story wouldn't have worked without a complete fall from his nigh-unreachable prior status. If Chaos hadn't gotten a hold of him, he'd simply be the biggest Mary Sue in an entire setting of Mary Sues. As it stands, he's an excellent tragic figure.
>>
>>46780903
Lorgar. Because then none of this shit would have happened.
>>
>>46780990
>implying Angron and Konrad Curze wouldn't have gone bad on their own and have to be Russ'd
>>
>>46780990
Eh, Erebus/Kor Phaeron would probably still manage to work some shit and get other Primarchs to fall.
>>
>>46780903
Magnus, he didn't deserve what happened to him.
>>
>>46781047
Konrad just needed someone to love him like I do!

Angron... yeah, he'd be better off euthanized.
>>
>>46780978
fulgrim worked better before the whole magic sword bullshit

>>46781091
implying
>>
>>46781107
If you were there for him you'd just enable your mutual edginess.
>>
>>46781091
Fagness and his Transexual Sons deserved everything coming to them.
>>
>>46781193
Hey, those suits of armor make some very sexy ladies!

Move over Soriritas.
>>
>>46781147
Yeah, but I'd also get him and help for him and his legion to not fall out so hard. And besides, what's wrong with being edgy? Edge is fun, that's why 40k exists as a setting.
>>
>>46781139
Agreed, the sword ruined his entire character arc
>>
>>46780903
Old-fluff Alpharius falling was all well and good.
Black Library Alpharius falling for the Cabal's flagrant bullshit is such a gigantic retardation ex machina that I cannot find words to fully describe it. If you engraved the word "retardation" on every nanoangstrom of all of the metals to ever carry an electrical impulse, it would not match one-one-trillionth of the retardation in that one scene.
>>
File: berserk-griffin-hd-wallpapers.jpg (597KB, 1440x1649px) Image search: [Google]
berserk-griffin-hd-wallpapers.jpg
597KB, 1440x1649px
>>46780978
Griffith is the same way.
>>
>>46781091
Magnus had good intentions, but had less sense than he had eyes.
>>
File: R&W.jpg (756KB, 1920x497px) Image search: [Google]
R&W.jpg
756KB, 1920x497px
>>46780903
>didn't fall to chaos

In retrospect, having Lorgar, Ron, Mort, and Manny ensnared by their new patrons should have been the definition of "chaos" marine for the purposes of selling that model line and its associated daemons.

SoH would have been more appropriately splintered into a hundred disorganised, grabasstic "warbands" after the trauma of Horus's psychic death scream or whatever, and used to fill the Raider niche left vacant in the lore by mainlining Eldar and Crons.

The remaining four "undivided" Primes should have been left to fill the "renegade" niche currently wasted on the joke named "Lufgt" (WTF?) and Thorpe's nonsensical "wrongbad chapters" (WTAF?) and given a concommitant ability to be represented on the board with the SM codex as renegades who haven't sold their souls like the Fab Four.
>>
>>46786666

>>6666

>>6 times Satan has a point here.
>>
>>46781193
Space Furries keep telling yourselves that
>>
>>46780978

How, the man was a walking inferiority complex. He couldn't handle the slightest thing not going according to plan, was constantly trying to outdo his brothers but his works lacked artistry which frustrated him to no end.

Fulgrim was one of the least perfect primarchs, that's why he was so obsessed with perfection.
>>
>>46781047
>Russ'd

I don't see how being permitted to beat the shit out of the "I was just pretending" primarch would have changed anything.
>>
>>46781558
So you're into the homeless retarded serial killer look?

Women these days.
>>
File: 1444805343440.png (247KB, 600x309px) Image search: [Google]
1444805343440.png
247KB, 600x309px
>>46786666
>>
>>46781107
I'm not sure a healthy relationship can fix the deep seated psychological issues of a demigod. Or that pillow talk would have much of an effect on Konrad.
>>
>>46788832
Hey now! I'm a space yiff player and I think the fight against the Thousand Sons was the single biggest fuck up possible. Two loyal chapters went at it because of a mistake that was compounded by a lie that Russ wanted to believe.
>>
>>46780903
Angron. That shit was totally preventable, too; all the Emprah needed to do was send in the Spess Muhreens to fight off the nobles in a last-minute rescue, and Angron's loyalty would have been assured.
>>
>>46789479
The books that give angron personality kind of suggest that he'd still not be happy about that - less unhappy (and at the cost of fairly high-tech world), but still not great about it - he very much wanted to live and die on his own terms.
Still, yes he would be more loyal
>>
>>46789528
With the treatment the thunderwarriors got, I kinda figure Ang was not meant to live past the great crusade. His long term happiness was secondary to his ability to kill shit in the present. The Emperor was an asshole to his own troops.
>>
>>46789479
See, I never got Emps logic there. He's set out on a Grand Crusade to unite Humanity and conquer the galaxy, but rather than help his estranged son subjugate one of those worlds, he beams him up out of a fight that he could have easily won with just a few Astartes. Unless I'm missing something massive, there was no reason to shoot himself in the foot like that.
>>
>>46789528
Best would be to also try to get the nails out of his head, even if it risked his death.

What more slavery is there than being controlled by these things?
>>
>>46781091
Magnus had no concept of limits though. He thought that he had the power to resist every bad thing that could happen, or avoid any horrible consequences. Even the whole 'we're gonna give up and let the Emperor judge us' smacks of pride.

He was working with sorcerery, not even pyschic discipline which by nature requires restraint and control. All sorcery needs is pure power, not the intelligence to use it wisely or the understanding to know when to use it.
>>
>>46789568
Fairly valuable world, who were willing to join peacefully - maybe not worth pissing of a primarch for, but the emperor was never exactly a nice guy

>>46789563
>>46789580
When they examined him and tried to get the nails out they couldn't (kinda dumb, but whatever), and he was predicted by experts who examined him (including Malc iirc) to be expected to die about the time of the end of crusade - a self-handling problem.
Then Lorgar gets him demonified and he becomes a double slave - to Khorne and to the Nails - forever.
Probably part of the reason why Lorgar let him have such fun after Calth
>>
>>46789528
Angron, to me, seems to be the kind of guy that is never going to be happy. He always needs something to fight against, to rise up for. He never would be content, i.e. at peace. He'd always find a way to twist his own emotions into a cause, and run through all the great ideas justifying his bloodlust until finally Khorne would claim him and give him violence for no reason but violence, the point he was always working towards.
>>
File: Perturabo.jpg (253KB, 742x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Perturabo.jpg
253KB, 742x1000px
>>46780903
Perturabo, he could have built such wonderous things.
>>
>>46789616
And if the Emperor had any sense he would have explained that to Magnus rather than just tell him not to do it with no explanation.
>>
>>46780903
Horus.

He was a legitimately great ruler, and also had skill as a statesman where other Primarchs had difficulty interacting with others or seeing regular humans as anything other than weak. He wasn't perfect, but he was great in many ways that most of his brothers could not deny.

When he falls, he takes half of the Imperium with him, and brings an end to an era of actual, legitimate hope. And as a final snub to a great primarch, his own sons disown him out of spite and shattered pride.
>>
>>46789636
Angron, for all his faults, doesn't like people being ruled over - given that he's been ruled over his entire life, not that surprising.

He laments having to bring cultures that were just living their lives into Compliance - he does it, and when he's in the combat he might enjoy it, but that he has to do it in the first place sickens him.

Whether he needs something to fight against seems kind of unknowable - with the nails, of course, he finds peace in fighting, but with his attitude he's kind of a mix of Corax and Khan.

While he can't answer a lot of his brothers questions, about what he is and does, he certainly has a point about leaving people alone - the emperor wants to rule all of humanity, and Angron really doesn't see the need
>>
>>46789682
Yeah, Abbadon would never say "Hours was weak" to Daddies face.

Horus would smack him.
>>
>>46789674
If someone tells you not to stick your hand into the fire, would you go and do it anyway? Sure, the stove can cook food for you and other useful things, but it's dangerous.

Magnus should have trusted the Emperor - "If he tells me not to do something, there's a good reason for it." The fact that he didn't showed that his hunger for knowledge and power went beyond actual reason or logic. Again, he had a huge fucking ego and naively thought that there was nothing that could harm him in the Warp.
>>
>>46789672
I'm not sure he is capable. Pert always comes off as Dorn's unhappy autistic sibling. Is he smarter, possibly? As capable, not a chance.
>>
>>46789672
This, I always sympathize Pert for the shit he got from others.
>>
File: 1432506553756.png (34KB, 633x758px) Image search: [Google]
1432506553756.png
34KB, 633x758px
>>46789672
"You don't know the things I dream," said Perturabo. "No one does, no one ever cared enough to find out."
>>
>>46789797
To a certain degree it was of his own making.

Why was Sanguinius not in the same situation as he was?

Because he actually told people what he thought.
>>
>>46789797
His statement is true, but why should they? If your dream is to build, you build. They will not need to ask if they can see your dreams towering above them on strands of stone and metal.

Pert should have made things rather than complain that no one let him.
>>
>>46789707
>I'm not sure he is capable.

All Perturabo ever wanted to do was be left alone to build things, IIRC. He wasn't necessarily a nice person, and certainly wasn't a social one, but he was only so focused on tearing down enemy fortifications because those were the jobs that were dumped in his lap. The Iron Warriors continually got the shit work that the other Legions couldn't be bothered with, when all Perturabo wanted to do was play with his Lego.
>>
>>46789707
Perturbo is the guy who gets added to someone's group project because the teacher knows no shit is going to get done otherwise.
>>
File: Iron Warriors.jpg (66KB, 468x509px) Image search: [Google]
Iron Warriors.jpg
66KB, 468x509px
>>46790092
Good call.

I hated being that guy so much and the others in my group even more.

But the work was to important to make a hissyfit about it and endanger a good result.

Man, I understand Pertubaro now.
Who would have guessed.

>Credits for this picture go to "I think italian fascist posters see to fit IW"-guy.
>>
>>46789701
>If someone tells you not to stick your hand into the fire, would you go and do it anyway? Sure, the stove can cook food for you and other useful things, but it's dangerous.

If I had no previous explanation of fire being dangerous, yes, this analogy completely disregards the situation and just portrays Magnus as some retard, which he certainly wasn't, pretty much everything he did was justified with the knowledge he had access to.
>>
>>46790212
But it also shows that he had no real trust for the Emperor's word or anyone elses' concerns, even his brother primarchs. And besides, even back then pyskers were feared and mistrusted. Part of the reason he made Prospero as it was was to act as a shelter for pyskers and to train them properly. The real problem is that the way that he thought he had gained control - sorcery - actually gave him little control at all because he had little understanding of what he was dealing with.

I'm not saying most primarchs didn't have similar problems, but Magnus was the guy standing on the edge of a cliff and refusing to see that there was any chance of him falling off. He knew the drop was there - he must have seen what had happened to lesser pyskers, even his own sons when affected by the flesh change - but he didn't think it could ever happen to him.
>>
>>46790283
You are aware that Prosperian sorcery, while requiring somewhat less restraint is actually a more scientific and intellectual use of the Immaterium, right? We're not talking about the primitive "sacrifice someone and summon a Daemon," sorcery, we're talking applying divine mathematics and raw intellectual power into coaxing and manipulating the fundamental constants of the Warp.

As for the Flesh Change, it was around before Magnus came to be, and his efforts actually slowed it almost to a halt. Literally everything Magnus ever did until the heresy went right and proved that he could trust himself over the rest of Humanity when it came to Warpscience.
>>
>>46790325
Sorcery at the very essence of it is magic - it is the fractured pieces of Tzeentch's staff turned into the first spells. There is application of some rules, yes, and there is force of will, but it doesn't include the restraints and protective mantras and wards of later librarian schools. To go back to the cliff example, a librarian would lay on the edge of the cliff and carefully stick his hand over. He knows well to be afraid and that he has to be in constant, total control of what he does even in the weakest degree or risk destruction. There is no warpscience - only faith, control, and raw power focused.

And besides, it's heavily implied that he made a deal with Tzeentch to halt the fleshchange, since Tzeentch would be the one causing it in the first place. He just wasn't aware that it was said god. A more scientific approach probably worsened things, because he couldn't recognize the Chaos powers and daemons for what they were, and the Warp itself is too random to be rationalized. He shouldn't have trusted what he did because he didn't know the full of everything that he was doing - like during the Battle for Prospero, when the sorcerers realized their pyschic helpers weren't there to help them at all.
>>
>>46790402
>Sorcery at the very essence of it is magic - it is the fractured pieces of Tzeentch's staff turned into the first spells.

Entirely metaphor, both the Eldar and Old Ones were utilizing non-Psyker techniques (the essence of Sorcery) long before Tzeentch existed.
>>
>>46790418
Oh come now, the Eldar are all pyschic. Just because they don't do things exactly like humans doesn't make it sorcery. And either way, Magnus's original ideas were wrong.
>>
>>46790441
>Just because they don't do things exactly like humans doesn't make it sorcery.

But it does, Sorcery is literally the utilization of Immaterial principles outside of a Psyker's gift in order to produce an effect. What you're thinking of is Chaos Sorcery, which are the many rites designed and discovered that call upon the malevolent sentience permeating throughout the Aether.

That being said, I agree that Magnus was wrong at times. It's just far, far easier to put his decisions in a bad light in retrospect and with metaknowledge, meanwhile as far as Magnus knew he was almost untouchable with his power, will and self-imposed restrains (of which there were many, just less restrictive than the Psykana's stuff), then it came back to bite him in the ass.
>>
>>46789844
He's a man tied to his own sense of honor.
He accepted the orders, and in doing so, promised those orders would be fulfilled.
He swore to align with Horus, even though he later wished he could leave. He continued though, if for nothing else, because he had said he would.
In Angel Exterminatus, it's mentioned where he 'swore an oath to Horus', and is surprised that Fulgrim didn't.
>>
>>46790418
>>46790441
Eldar DO use a form of sorcery, but it's massively more regimented than even the most austere Librarian rituals because they are so very vulnerable to the predations of She who Thirsts.

Prospero was literally summoning demons and getting them to teach their psykers about sorcery. Yeah, they knew the demons lied, but they also thought that demons sometimes told the truth. Which is retarded, because DEMONS.
>>
>>46790505
The most effective liars are the ones who sprinkle truth among the lies.
A deamon tells the truth when it won't be believed, and a lie when it will be. You can only trust that the deamon will fuck you over in the end.
>>
>>46790505
They also thought that they had the daemons under their control.
>>
Which legion was the most loyal?
>>
>>46790755
Your´s, brother.
>>
>>46790755
The most loyal one.
>>
>>46790755
Alpha Legion because they have made the ultimate sacrifice for the imperium
>>
>>46790755
Iron Warriors.
>>
>>46790857
>>46790755
made you look
>>
>>46789701
That's not quite how it went though, at least as depicted in recent fluff (old fluff is still good fluff, mind and nothing wrong with preferring it).

It's more like if both you and your father cook food on the stove but some of your brothers start kicking up a massive fuss because they hate and fear the stove; including both the kind of damaged brother who has shards of metal in his head and the brother who insists that stoves are dangerous but his barbeque is totally different for...reasons. They keep bitching about it until Dad just yells "Fine! No stove use for anyone!"

It's not unreasonable to assume Dad isn't genuinely convinced of the danger of stoves, but is instead just trying to get the idiot stove-haters to shut the fuck up so that things can get done.

And you might well use the stove in the event of what seems like an emergency, because you assume it's more important than keeping the idiot stove haters happy.

None of that requires you to think Dad is dumb; just to think some of his decisions might have been made in the name of a peaceful life.

(This assumption is wrong; fire is secretly evil and hates you and has been manipulating the whole thing from the start, but you don't know that. And Russ is *still* a fucking moron.)
>>
>>46790987
I do agree with this, and think Russ's previous behaviour, especially at Nikea, isn't great, but the conflicting accounts of Russ being either fully willing and eager to hit Magnus (older fluff) or deeply regretful, but thinking it necessary and what big E ordered (newer fluff), where he tries using what he thinks is a TSon spy to call Magnus (Sadly it's actually a chaos spy) to demand surrender, makes the whole issue a bit conflicted.

Honestly I prefer the more reluctant Russ, but I can see why others like (or like to dislike) him as the blood-hungry ask questions later brother
>>
>>46780903
Curze, so he could have an edge-off with Corvus.
>>
>>46791192
The problem is that we have so many "kill shit, ask questions never" sorts of characters already, but Russ is kind of defined by his boisterousness, and that hardly fits with the regretful narrative either.

I always prefer Russ from the knife fight. Quick to temper, but quick to forgive. My best friend in school was a guy that was planning on punching my daylights out. We both got a few short term bruises, but have been friends for eighteen years.
>>
>>46791219
Corvus was edgy? I always figured he was kinda of a mope. I mean the end of the heresy made it worse, but he was always a mope. Mort and Crovus could have had a mope off if Mort hadn't fallen.
>>
>>46791311
Why the fuck did Mort even fall? Wasn´t he a loyalist up until traveling through the warp?
>>
>>46790755
For Primarchs it's a threeway tie between Russ, Dorn, and Lion.

For the Astartes in the legions itself it's a tie between Wolves and Fists.
>>
>>46791326
He didn't like the emperor, thought he was a tyrant
>>
>>46791326
One of his captains was a Psyker and secret and was pissy about being hated for having his abilities. So he provoked Nurgle to curse the ship with the worst fucking plague ever while sabotaging the ship to be stuck in the ship until Mortarion gave up hope and submitted to Nurgle.
>>
>>46789216
It's a bit too harsh on Fulgrim to say he was one of the least perfect Primarchs, but yeah he was the type of guy who would spend hours on appearance, show up to the party, and get shown up by someone who just takes a shower, dries off and is good to go (Sanguinius).
>>
>>46790562
Going by this logic, should you eventually figure out when the daemon is lying to you? Or will that just turn you into a paranoid nervous wreck?
>>
>>46791326
He had daddy issues simply put. He also hated psykers and had a purity hardon. Needless to say, Khan was quick to point out how his allies were either sorcerers and freaks.
>>
>>46791326
Wasn't he more loyal to Horus than he was to the Emperor, or am I thinking of someone else?
>>
>>46781193
>Transexual Sons
>>
>>46791294
I don't know, the hints that there's more than the boisterousness and such (he's likely still an egotist who's willing to fight and argue, but the brain and quick-to-forgiveness beneath that seems plausible) seem to work okay - yes, he's a bit of a dick, but he knows how to roll with it and adapt, that seems more fitting to Russ - he's not the straight up acceptance of, say G-man or Sang, but after the drink/eat/fight he's totally accepting of Emps as the boss, and that sort of attitude fits more than a kill-em-all barbarian.

To me, at least.

>>46791326
He wasn't a fan of Tyrants and Psykers, having grown up in the tri-fold horror of Old Night, humanity in the complete thrall of Psyker Xenos Tyrants, and he slowly fell into his obsession with not being outmatched, which led him to try and use the enemy against itself, which comes to a head once becalmed in the warp, where his superhuman physique leads him to suffer unbearably until he accepts Nurgle and becomes his own worst nightmare - a psykic tyrant draped in the horror of his homeworld and old night; becoming his own antitheses is a big thing for old Mort
>>
File: Morty.jpg (803KB, 924x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Morty.jpg
803KB, 924x1200px
I've always had a weak spot for Morty. His legion pre space AIDS was awesome
>>
>>46791475
Yes.
But seriously, a daemon will say whatever they can to fuck you up. They'll tell you the truth when you think they're lying, and it'll lead to you getting fucked up because you didn't do what the daemon said.
Or they'll lie, and you get fucked up because you did what the daemon said.
Just don't do anything with daemons, it'll bite you in the ass in the end SOMEHOW.
>>
>>46780903
>Primarchs that you wish didn't fall to chaos

That's an easy one, Lion El'Jonson
>>
>>46791766
What are you talking about?
>>
>>46791789
Jonson pussy footed around during the siege of Terra until a winner was decided, he then returned to Caliban and Luther attacked his fleet because he knew the Lion's true loyalties weren't to the Emperor. Lion sperged out and blew it up got rekt by Luther and is now being kept in stasis by the watchers in the dark because they know what danger he'd pose if he woke up
>>
>>46791849
Horus Heresy said he was too pure to be corrupted.
Sorry, mate.
>>
>>46780903
For the sake of the Heresy ending in a more favourable way for the Imperium, either Fulgrim (because without him killing Ferrus then the Istvaan III would have gone differently) Magnus (because without him turning, both the Thousand Sons and the Space Wolves are both free to help out with the wider defence) or Perturabo (because without him doing the ground work the Heresy wouldn't have got as far as it did)

>>46789563
The Thunderwarriors were rushed out when the Emperor got back to Terra, they where stronger than normal humans, but didn't have the longevity of Space Marines, and if I'm remembering correctly, their bodies where slowly dying from the genetic engineering they'd gone through. Because of this wouldn't have survived long into the Crusade proper, so the Emperor choose to let them go out with a bang rather than a whimper.
>>
File: 1390141146832.jpg (193KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
1390141146832.jpg
193KB, 800x800px
>>46791866
>Horus Hersey said
>>
>>46791872
>him doing the ground work the Heresy wouldn't have got as far as it did
Eh? Pert was a big force - he's one of Horus's best and most reliable, though he's now sharing that with Mort (he's spread out, securing stuff, while Mort has his forces concentrated and smashing shit), but he didn't exactly lay ground work for shit - that's on Lorgar
>>
File: Perturbed.jpg (137KB, 650x823px) Image search: [Google]
Perturbed.jpg
137KB, 650x823px
>>46791985
I don't get how Perturabo was a supposedly a great strategician on par with Rowboat and Horus yet his preferred method in war was "hurl a fuck ton of men at 'em"
>>
>>46781193
Once their apothecary started going full SS on his men and their gene seed then it was all over.
>>
>>46791985
Doing the ground work, not laying it. The Iron Warriors were a massive sieging force for the rebels, and were probably the scariest legion in terms of pure manpower and just the weight of fire they could drop on a planet.
>>
>>46792019
Well, it does take a fair amount of strategy to make that sort of thing work, so that could be where that part comes it. Tactics don't have to be elegant to be brilliant.
>>
>>46792019
>Primarchs
>Any of their accolades, titles and appraisals ever correlating with realistic portrayals

Pick one.
>>
>>46792044
Are you sure you aren't confusing the Emperor's Children and the Transexual Sons? I wasn't aware the TS' apothecary was fucking around with the gene seed
>>
>>46792019
It's a bit more nuanced than that - you give Pert a situation, any situation, he'll know what to bring for it, how to beat it in record time, how to replace those casualties that the fight will incur, and what sort of fortress his men will need to rule over the society once you've done. He'll plan all of this in advance.

He's highly skilled, but he very much prefers to think of force and ammunition, applied and spent, not in terms of hearts, minds and men
>>
>>46791902
>I discard fluff because its the wrong book
Yeah, you continue on your path to greatness anon
>>
>ctrl+f Horus
>10 results
>only one actually wishing he didn't fall to Chaos

You guys don't appreciate a primarch who actually would have been great if he had stayed loyalist.
>>
File: you.jpg (22KB, 367x500px) Image search: [Google]
you.jpg
22KB, 367x500px
>>46792172
>I discard established fluff because I'm too dumb to see that Black Library wanted to make even more money
>>
>>46792198
All of them would have been great if they had stayed loyalist, Anon. Basically all of the fallen Legions were pretty fantastic at what they did, on top of y'know, being a fucking Legion.
>>
>>46792048
Ah, I wouldn't call that ground work, but I agree - more a difference of terms than anything.

Yeah, Pert, especially in his area of expertise with sieges, was definitely one of Horus's major assets - though the siege stuff is best shown at Terra, naturally.

Though it still amuses me that while the Heresy rages Horus laments to Ferrus's head that he's only got madmen for generals, which is totally understandable
>>
>>46792198
He was great. You could not have had a Heresy without him though.If any group had openly fallen to chaos, he would have been the guy orchestrating things so that it never spread.
>>
File: heresy-1988.jpg (160KB, 575x620px) Image search: [Google]
heresy-1988.jpg
160KB, 575x620px
>‘Lupercal!’ Loken yelled, coming to the Warmaster’s right side, and swinging his sword double-handed. Torgaddon covered the left, striking down a trio of gleves, then using a lance taken from one of them to smite the pack that followed. Interex soldiers, some screaming, were forced back down the steps, or toppled over the stone railing of the street to plunge onto the tier beneath.

>Of all the battles Loken had fought at his commander’s side, that was the fiercest, the saddest, the most vicious. Teeth bared in the firelight, swinging his blade at the foe on all sides, Horus seemed more noble than Loken had ever known. He would remember that moment, years later, when fate had played its cruel trick and sense had turned upside down. He would remember Horus, Warmaster, in that narrow firelit street, defining the honour and unyielding courage of the Imperium of Man.

>There should have been frescoes painted, poems written, symphonies composed, all to celebrate that instant when Horus made his most absolute statement of devotion to the Throne.

>And to his father.

>There would be none. The hateful future swallowed up such possibilities, swallowed the memories too, until the very fact of that nobility became impossible to believe.

>The enemy warriors, and they were enemy warriors now, choked the street, driving the Warmaster and his few remaining bodyguards into a tight ring. A last stand. It was oddly as he had imagined it, that night in the garden, making his oath. Some great, last stand against an unknown foe, fighting at Horus’s side.

>He was covered in blood, his suit gouged and dented in a hundred places. He did not falter. Through the smoke above, Loken glimpsed a moon, a small moon glowing in the corner of the alien sky.

>Appropriately, it was reflected in the glimmering mirror of ocean out in the bay.

>‘Lupercal!’ screamed Loken.
>>
>>46793487
What the fuck does "Lupercal" even mean?
>>
File: SadFrok.png (139KB, 917x871px) Image search: [Google]
SadFrok.png
139KB, 917x871px
>finally see a good thread on /tg/
>it's fucking dead
>>
>>46793674

Horus Lupercal was his "full" name. Probably derived from the Roman Lupercalia festival, tying into the XVI Legion's original identity as the Luna Wolves.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lupercalia
>>
>>46793674
Cave where Romulus and Remus were nursed by the she-wolf that found them. Horus Wolfcave, because, y'know, Luna Wolves.

Of course, Horus's sons never had what it took to truly go full wolf.
>>
>>46794066
I don't care what anyone says, that looks fucking awesome.
>>
File: 424px-Sanginuscool.jpg (59KB, 424x599px) Image search: [Google]
424px-Sanginuscool.jpg
59KB, 424x599px
>>46792085
>what is Sanguinius
>>
>>46794146
Sanguinius is a shit m8. He did nothing of note
>>
>>46794189
>pure
>beautiful
>loyal
>incorruptible
>ferocious fighter
>respected by literally everyone

>IS SHIT

>freeing Signis
>most feared by Horrus
>Led defense of Terra
>Broke the back of the Greater Daemon Ka'Bandha over his knee
>Same day faces Choas Buffed Horus, knowing he would die
>Was able to give Big E the chink in the armor he needed

>NOTHING OF NOTE
>>
>>46794146
>Sanguinius
>Realistic portrayals of his titles and appraisals

Once again, pick one.
>>
>>46794876
>incorruptible
false, he was going to sell his soul to a demon to cure the red thirst

>ferocious fighter
crazed maniac who because of his fucked up genetics was only slightly more stable than Angron

>Led defense of Terra
Rogal Dorn would like a word with you
>>
Will there ever be a day were 40k fans will for once be able to agree on even one thing?

On that note Leman Russ for best primarch.
>>
File: image.jpg (250KB, 827x1104px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
250KB, 827x1104px
>>46780903
I wish this guy never got corrupt, the dangels were cool until they started being heretics
>>
>>46795085
Russ is the only one who just did his job. The others all bitched, moaned and were all caught up in politics.
>>
File: 1454529582848.jpg (45KB, 467x434px) Image search: [Google]
1454529582848.jpg
45KB, 467x434px
>>46795085
>>46795128
please don't start
please not again
>>
>>46795214
Sorry, my bad. Will stop with it now.
>>
>>46795120
If it were not for the traitors, the Dark Angels only secret would be the gay.
>>
>>46795214
Magnus did nothing wrong.
>>
>>46795044
>false, he was going to sell his soul to a demon to cure the red thirst
But he didn't. He had plenty of options but he never fell.

>crazed maniac who because of his fucked up genetics was only slightly more stable than Angron
Also well aware of his affliction and controlled it the best he could.

>Rogal Dorn would like a word with you
lol he literally abandoned the defenses to go hunt Horus, teleporting on the wrong side of the ship and not being able to help in the fight, leaving Sangy and then Big E to face them alone.
>>
>>46795441
>But he didn't.

The only reason he didn't was because that apocathery sacrificed himself
>>
File: 1460838161442s[1].jpg (3KB, 120x124px) Image search: [Google]
1460838161442s[1].jpg
3KB, 120x124px
What's going on in this thread.............
>>46795128
>>46795085
>>46795325
oh no.........IT BEGINS
>>
File: 1460838161442[1].gif (2MB, 1186x1231px) Image search: [Google]
1460838161442[1].gif
2MB, 1186x1231px
>>46795936
damnit
>>
File: Text_42d92f_5848781mobile.jpg (46KB, 500x416px) Image search: [Google]
Text_42d92f_5848781mobile.jpg
46KB, 500x416px
>>46795085
u wot m8
>>
>>46795936
>>46795965
mmm, dat geometry
>>
File: FHkYQOp.jpg (87KB, 425x239px) Image search: [Google]
FHkYQOp.jpg
87KB, 425x239px
>Creating the Primarchs was a mistake

> Creating the Eldar was a mistake.

> Creating the Orks was a mistake

> Creating Iron Men with AI STC was a mistake.

Has there ever been something created that didn't back fire spectacularly in 40K?
>>
File: 7JptVxH.jpg (295KB, 739x1000px) Image search: [Google]
7JptVxH.jpg
295KB, 739x1000px
>>46795290
>implying it's a secret
>>
File: 1.jpg (15KB, 198x254px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
15KB, 198x254px
>>46799493
imperial guard ?
sure people die, but the galaxy as a whole couldn't give a fuck
>>
>>46794087
I'm a Space Wolf fan but I just can't get behind wolf cavalry. I'd love them if they were just a minor side thing, like a pair of "Bodyguards" you could take to assist your Wolf Lord in combat as homage to Russ. But taking entire packs across the galaxy as cavalry and to pull a fucking chariot in full out battles? Nah man, nah.
>>
>>46800098
I still don't get what the color swap to green was all about. I mean sure, it makes the Ravenwing cooler in comparison to their brothers, but still.
>>
File: 1457911225188.png (49KB, 500x327px) Image search: [Google]
1457911225188.png
49KB, 500x327px
>>46800314
maybe dark angles are those people that don't take down their Christmas lights until march , they just never stopped being festive
>>
>>46790092
More like the guy who gets added to your project and then does fuck all, mumbling about his own autistic pipedreams unless someone gives him clear cut orders about something that can actually be carried out - and only then he does anything. And he does it efficiently, too. And when he's finished he'll go back to mumbling about how he could have done it better if he got other orders.

Slightly below average unless there's no one to hand out orders, in which case he's dead weight.
>>
>>46790133
>Futuristic helm
>Roman numerals
Check
>>
>>46790755
Iron warriors
>>
>>46795488
Lorgar confirmed that it was written in fate that Sanguinius would never fall in Betrayer. The Chaos Gods knew he would never fall to them and Horus was just being delusional.

Read the fluff sometime perhaps
>>
>>46780903
Logar
>>
>>46780903
Russ desu
>>
>>46780903
Robot girlyman

Seriously, if he doesn't heal himself right now, that's heresy.

Same with the emperor, rise from that damned throne, or become a heretic for impeding the imperium.
>>
>>46792219
Lion being a traitor was never established fluff. Fuckboi's like you really are something else.
>>
>>46802226
>Black Legion money grab
>Fluff

pick one and only one
Thread posts: 141
Thread images: 27

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.