[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Age of Sigmar General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 96
Thread images: 15

File: Savage WAAAAAAAGGGGGHHHH.jpg (163KB, 678x784px) Image search: [Google]
Savage WAAAAAAAGGGGGHHHH.jpg
163KB, 678x784px
>resources
pastebin.com/4Vud1NGT

WAAAGH! edition

Will Gorbad Ironclaw model survive?

Old thread >>46753871
>>
>Quest into a tzeentchian labyrinth
>Stormcast, but also some allies from other races
Sooooo. Could this be setting the scene for that Warhammer Quest remake that was rumoured?
>>
President Kroak please restock the Astrolith Bearer
>>
>>46773538
Its available in US for 22 dollars. Know anyone willing to get it and ship to you?
>>
File: Warhammer.jpg (501KB, 2106x850px) Image search: [Google]
Warhammer.jpg
501KB, 2106x850px
>>46773402
Thinking about selling my painted Breton bataillon box. What do you guys think it´s worth?
>>
>>46773628
What the fuck it's back in stock for Canada now too

I just checked an hour ago and it wasnt, and they didnt email me

Fuck you GW
>>
>>46773722
open bid Ebay starting $20. will prob sell for 40-60
>>
File: 1441467343402.png (21KB, 339x345px) Image search: [Google]
1441467343402.png
21KB, 339x345px
>>46773722
In Europe, the last battalion boxes went out for 90 euros. I think you could atleast ask 110 euros if you're as sharp as a Marienburger merchant.

Praise Handrich.
>>
>>46773722
If that is your whole army I would go for 50-100.
Maybe open a bid at 40-50 and see where it goes.
They look decent, arent made anymore, and lets you get some cash back.
>>46773748
President Kroak has delivered.
I'd post the customary picture to go with this, but its avatar fagging as one anon made abundantly clear.
>>
File: Glorious.jpg (112KB, 820x560px) Image search: [Google]
Glorious.jpg
112KB, 820x560px
>>46773402

Was on the edge jumping from 40K to AoS.
Saw those glorious Orruks 2Hours ago.
I guess my FLGS is making $1200 this weekend.
>>
>>46773804
They do look nice, and the yellow is not too bad once you get used to seeing it, though it still wouldnt have been my first choice to showcase a reinvention of a faction with.
>>
File: ageofhh.jpg (215KB, 600x468px) Image search: [Google]
ageofhh.jpg
215KB, 600x468px
>>46773804
>I guess my FLGS is making $1200 this weekend.

>Saying you're going to spend a lot of model on AoS models is now a meme

Only in AoS general. Guess you gotta play up the narrative that people are buying AoS models, since people are too busy buying the Horus Heresy boxed sets.
>>
>>46773804
they could have at least try weather down the yellow.
it just looks too clean for an orc
>>
>>46773888

People buying HH and AoS are different people tho. if anything people buying HH are 40K player or people interested in sci-fi, not High Fantasy.

Kinda like saying people don't buy chicken because they are too busy spending on coffee.
>>
>>46773946

Not really. Both games have space marines so its the same customers you're trying to sell to.
>>
Only AoS have true Scale Space Marines tho.
>>
>>46774006

but they look like shit tho
>>
>>46774006
Man, the 30k Iron hands look amazing.
>>
>>46774042
>but they look like shit tho

They look cool.
>>
>>46774006
That iron hands looks fucking good, is a conversion or Horus Heresy stuff is true scale?
>>
File: 1457044327562.jpg (74KB, 800x449px) Image search: [Google]
1457044327562.jpg
74KB, 800x449px
>>46774297
>>
>>46774298
>>46774153

It's Terminator legs. Pretty much the only change done.
>>
>>46774371

Really? That's an amazing difference.
>>
>>46773518
>female sorceress
Rule 34 soon?

Seriously though these releases have made me interested in orks, hopefully there will be some faction based on Mork
>>
>>46773888
I don't like sci-fi, different target audience. I've recently gone back to GW due to AoS, I basically bought all of the reaper minis in the 10 years I've been away from fantasy :D
>>
>>46773518
>fucking stormcast PoV again

Oh stop that shit already. Why can't we have some Free People, Aelf or Duradin doing some shit? Stormcast had enough of the spotlight by now.
>>
>>46774769
>Why can't we have some Free People, Aelf or Duradin doing some shit?
Because Stormcast better than mortals.
>>
>>46773888
Horus heresy kits dont contain glorious fucking orks you inbred cow-fucker
>>
>>46774828
Lol'd
>>
As someone who doesn't know anything about Warhammer Fantasy other than playing Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay, could some please, in short, tell me what the fuck happened to my favorite setting - The Old World?
>>
>>46774828
Orks a best
humies a git
>>
How large are the armies most of the battles in Age of Sigmar? I'm currently assembling a former Empire (Free Peoples, Collegiate Arcane, Devoted of Sigmar and Ironweld Arsenal) army in Averland colours and a self-made Grenzstadt flag, but I'm not really sure if I should gather a gigantic army or not.

>>46774769
>Wants Free Peoples ruined with shitty non-Renaissance steroid soldiers
I'm not planning on seeing the last good faction gettng ruined by some American knights or whatever shit they come up with.
>>
>>46775548
One "general" and two units of troops is about average. Biggest is something else, smallest is one unit of troops.
>>
>>46775251
Chaos went to doomed the world. It blew up into lots of little worlds, one world for each of the "winds" and now the people are scattered all over. Some places have been recreated, some races have whole "realms" to themselves. The Realm of shadow is strongly in the hands of the Dark Elves. The Celestial realm belongs to the Lizardmen and Slaan. They are so in touch with the celestial realm now the Lizardmen are now daemons of Order.
>>
>>46775251
Is ded, now you have a weird planescape/He-man/Wow outlands world with silly names everywhere.
>>
>>46775938
>>46776012
So I can kiss any dreams of having new edition of WHFRP goodbye?
>>
>>46776044
You could've done that the moment FFG released 3e.
>>
>>46776058
They made a boardgame, so that wasn't as bad as EXPLODIN DEYMONS ERYERRE.
Who the fuck decided that 20 years of lore can be just thrown the fuck away?
>>
>>46776095
>Who the fuck decided that 20 years of lore can be just thrown the fuck away?

It wasn't, the story advanced.
>>
File: marienburg_map_large.jpg (1MB, 2000x1500px) Image search: [Google]
marienburg_map_large.jpg
1MB, 2000x1500px
>>46775762
Alright, thanks
>>46776044
I think they'll probably model most of the new world after the old one, with German renaissance principalities dominating the landscape like the world of old (otherwise they would've gotten rid of those former Empire units).

They'll either try to reform WHFRP to fit the New Old World or they'll keep Fantasy around for licenses and other games like they're currently doing.

I refuse to believe my beloved Averland and Grenzstadt are gone anyways. They probably floated off and we rebuilt it.
>>
>>46776044
Nope, google Silver Tower I think? They are redoing warhammer quest for AoS.
>>
>>46776044
Nah, but if you are in the AoS setting it will read like plane scape. Where will travel from world to world, and explore strange to worlds and civilizations. From mortals living in the world of death and the horrors they face.
>>
>>46776114
Excuse my Lithuanian ignorance, but doesn't it mean that all the previous World is destroyed? Effectively it is throwing away '20 years of lore', isn't it? Unless of course language barrier here is in the way of me understanding what you mean, by 'story advanced'.
Please elaborate kindly.
>>
Squig lives matter campaign.
TFW I find out orcs are getting mega roid pumped orcs. TEMPTATION RISING.
>>
>>46776187

>not painting your squigs red

reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
>>
>>46776199

it's not about the colour of the squig.
it's about how many teeth it has.
>>
>>46776185
>Please elaborate kindly.

I mean that the story advanced. Everything that happened still happened in continuity. Imagine Warhammer is Star Trek and so AoS is TNG and FB is the TOS.
>>
>>46776187
>Squigs
>Not red
You know red makes everything "go fasta'", right?
>>
>>46776185
Meaning the events of end time brought about the stuff that lead to the sundering that created to AoS many plane worlds.

The 20 pervious years of lore lead up to that moment. It's been building, and building like a sock pile of bombs.
>>
>>46776118
How the fuck do you even siege that city.
>>
>>46776266
>>46776275
So if I understand correctly, you mean that everything in the period of time before shit hit the fan still works as a setting? Just not endorsed/supported by GW/FFG?
>>
>>46776267
Have you ever painted 40 blood letters and just went: I need to paint a different colour?
>>
>>46776327
>everything in the period of time before shit hit the fan still works as a setting?

It always would regardless of what anyone did.
>>
>>46776313
You don't. Marienburg (aka Dutch merchants with MAGICKS!1!! in a city-state worshipping a merchant god and some seagod) seceded from the Empire, Empire was totally fucked by the fantasy version of the Prince of Orange (or whoever led that army) and had to be destroyed through Nurgle's plague tactics since Chaos were too pussy to handle a fight against some real men.
>>
>>46776367
The second part of my post holds?
>>
>>46776387
What do you mean by it?
>>
>>46776373
I can't even concieve of a way a human army would be able to straight up take that city with military might alone.

>Cursed Marches, the massive port and the river mean that prolonged siege is impossible
>Rikjer's island, the milliion rocks and that fucking naval curtain wall make blockades impossible.
>That massive wall, the multiple layers of gate defenses and all those bridge chokepoints make straight up assaults impossible.

No wonder the Empire couldn't retake that shit.
>>
>>46776313
>had
didn't skaven and undead both near succeeded in taking the city? i'm pretty sure i read a novel about it few years back.
>>
>>46776373
>Chaos were too pussy to handle a fight against some real men.

More like Chaos made them fight like realm men and watched them crumple like paper.
>>
>>46776430
Not really sure how to manage it as an undead force, but I can imagine Skaven pulling it off, especially because Marienburg seems to probably contain a large amount of sewers because of muh rich merchants.
>>46776429
They'd probably have to rely on artillery.
>>
>>46776429
I think the only way would be a fuckheug naval blockade, to try to kill it economically as naval trade is all they have. But given that's the river Reik, which takes trade ships to Altdorf, you fuck your own economy at the same time (although the Empire's would be more diverse than Marienburg's).

Oh, and you need a navy bigger than Marienburg's to pull this off too.
>>
>>46776517
>They'd probably have to rely on artillery.

That would work, if trying to lug artillery guns through the cursed marches wasn't impossible.

That shit would get bogged down in the mud the moment they got there.
>>
>>46776530
Not to forget Marienburg both has a rich pompous State Army and loads of mercenaries to take care of its shit.
>>
>>46776550
Hey, I didn't say it was easy. Britain and France (with the aid of some catholic German principalities) tried to gang up on the Netherlands and look who won that war with a mixture of amateur merchant gunners and some second rate mercenaries.

Another unrelated-ish topic: Do any of you know what happened to Averland during the End Times? I couldn't really find any info about it.
>>
>>46776643

The empire made their last stand there
>>
>>46776643
Looking at the 1d4chan ET page, it sounds like Averheim was the scene of the final battle.
>>
>>46776676
>>46776701
Just in Averheim? I could imagine the rest of Averland being raided by orcs, especially since the garrison at Grenzstadt would be drained from almost all defenders.
>>
>>46776643
>Do any of you know what happened to Averland during the End Times?

Berserker blitzkrieg.
>>
>>46776749
>Just in Averheim?

Yes.

>I could imagine the rest of Averland

There wasn't much left after The Glotts got done with the Empire.
>>
Is a full Extremis Chamber formation a viable army? What are its weaknesses?
>>
>>46776790
Alright, atleast there is a glimmer of hope some part of Averland could've survived then.
>>
>>46776852
Sure buddy, sure.
>>
>>46776819
Just add more dragons until it's good
>>
>>46776852
Well, Quest for Ghal Maraz mentions entire armies were upturned from whfb and put down in Azyrheim, also generally people who were magically transported through time and space and just wound up there, fresh from whfb-istan, so anything *really* goes. My HE are gonna use the old pdf scrolls, since my synergy turned to shit with GA:Order.
>>
>>46776819
I guess my question is, is it better as an add-on to a Stormcast army?

It looks like the Dracothian Guard can pretty much handle anything.
5 Wounds each
3+ save re-rolling 1s
10 inch movement
Ranged and Melee attacks
>>
File: Mossack_Fonseca_Builds_an_army.jpg (143KB, 824x565px) Image search: [Google]
Mossack_Fonseca_Builds_an_army.jpg
143KB, 824x565px
Who's excited to build a Brawl of Fists? I'm going to make Gorbad Ironclaw the First Line Boss to the Marketing Brawl, with responsibility over my Social Media and Brand Relations Fists. My Mega Boss is going to have the greatest corporate governance of any Orruk Limited Liability Horde in his Demi Region, possibly even his entire Direction Quad of the Realm of Ghyran.

The cheesy alternate names for regiment, battalion, unit etc. make these sound more like a pretentious Silicon Valley company than a military organization.
>>
>>46778318
>military organization
>Greenies

Get a load of dis git.
>>
>>46778381
That's my point. Orcs shouldn't have chapters, even if they call them Brawls or Fists. It was bad enough when they gave Khorne Angry Chapters of Blood Companies.
>>
>>46778480
>That's my point. Orcs shouldn't have chapters

They always have.
Also I don't think that was your point, you were pointing out how they sounded more like some hipster company rather than a military force when in actuality they sound like neither and are not supposed too.
>>
File: image.png (5MB, 1536x2048px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
5MB, 1536x2048px
>>46777607
While I have not played a Extremis Chamber yet (I only own one Drakesworn Templar, four Fulminators and two Tempestors as of yet), I can tell you that the formation doesn't really need anything beside what it already has, nevermind that it is already a huge army by itself.
I can't really think of anything that the other stormcast can offer you that you are lacking. Mobility, durability, healing, ranged damage, melee damage, debuffs, everything is taken care of. The sheer number of mortal wounds coupled the all those bravery shenanigans should make the battleshock phase hell on earth for the opponent.
If you must have something, I suppose some more mobile ranged warmachine/support hero hunters might be useful to free up your riders to smash more stuff, but even that is stretching it. Knight-Venator, Prosecutors, whatever. Hallowed Hunt if you want to make sure.
Another battalion I cannot recommend enough is the Brotherhood of the Great Bolts. I've used them twice since Godbeasts came out and they are just mean.
>>
>>46778542
Clan =/= chapter

Clans are just a bunch of green cunts who have decided to run around together not a WARCLAN WITH 5 BRAWLS WHICH ARE 5 FISTS WHICH ARE 5 MOBS GET IT BECAUSE FINGERS
>>
>>46775251
Gr8 b8 m8
>>
remove sigmarines
>>
>>46778318
>Who's excited to build a Brawl of Fists?

Probably all the shills, Josh especially.
>>
>>46778788
Oh yeah, the guy proven to NOT be a shill. I love that guy. He dah real MVP lawyer.
>>
>>46778861

He hasn't proven anything. He carefully opened up the boxes in a way that they can be sealed perfectly.

We will never see the built models.
>>
>>46778542
>Also I don't think that was your point

Jesus Christ, this is the fastest I've ever seen someone disappear up their own ass out of petty defensiveness, and I've accidentally clicked on /tv/ once.
>>
>>46778917
Lawyer-anon here.

I don't see why I should have to tear up my boxes before I build the models. They keep the sprues nice and safe.
I think you're really stretching things by saying I can just return the models.
What exactly do you think I'm trying to achieve here?
I said I owned a whole Extremis Chamber. You said prove it. I did. Now you want me to tear up the boxes for you?
I really don't have any need to prove things further for you, it doesn't get me anything.
>>
>>46779109

Just check back once you have built the models Josh, take your time. Given your GW salary you'll probably be able to save up enough to be able to afford them in a few months, we'll be patient.
>>
>>46779099
He was right though, that totally wasn't his point.
Either that or >>46778542 was just too incompetent to structure his post in a way that conveyed his meaning.
>>
>>46779109
Just draw dicks on the boxes or something to shit that idiot up
>>
File: 1461071922702.jpg (259KB, 800x1200px)
1461071922702.jpg
259KB, 800x1200px
SCAN THE GRAND ALLIANCE BOOKS NOW

OR ELSE
>>
>>46779240

DELETE THIS
>>
>>46779240
I don't feel particularly threatened. Maybe try more?
>>
>>46779240
I have Grand Alliance Order.
and I won't scan it. Not now not ever
>>
>>46779240
I'd love to, but I don't own a scanner *and* all my Grand Alliance books are in German, which, given the translation, is a unique brand of awful.
Teaches me to buy things on impuls rather than ordering them in English.
Thread posts: 96
Thread images: 15

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.