[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Archiving Dead Games

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 8

File: android saga cover.jpg (39KB, 387x500px) Image search: [Google]
android saga cover.jpg
39KB, 387x500px
General purpose thread about games that don't have any digital scans or copies.

I'm starting work again in a few weeks and have thought about buying a copy of the Trunks/Android/Garlic book to take apart and scan, since literally 0 digital copies exist. I know the game is god awful, but I kind of adore it and want to make an archival effort.

If i do it, would anyone else care?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/189193306X/ref=tmm_other_meta_binding_collectible_olp_sr?ie=UTF8&condition=collectible&qid=&sr=
>>
>>46752624
I would be, definitely. I've been trying to get my hands on a copy or PDF copy of this for awhile.
But it's a pretty big expenditure for an archival.
>>
>>46752624
I'd love a copy as i have the first two
>>
>>46752624

I've only known about the card games
the original forgotten one and the score ,panni ones

I'd definitely be interested in something like this

does it play like dnd ?
>>
>>46756633
It's based off the Fuzion system by R.Talsorian
The system itself isn't bad but Dragonball Z is to Fuzion what the Immortals Handbook is to DnD
>>
>>46756852
And for those who havn't seen it here is the Immortals Handbook
>>
>>46756922
>>46756852
And here is the basic fuzion system
>>
I saw a cheapish copy of Underworld Enemies for champions, also something I've never seen in pdf. If it's still at the bookstore next time I go I'll pick it up. Any tips for scanning? Never tried.
>>
magnet:?xt=urn:btih:B50540EF750290AF70BE43ECA667DCA4F6234821&dn=D&tr=http%3a%2f%2finferno.demonoid.me%3a3413%2fannounce

You can find the first two Dragonball books in this torrent for any interested

I really hope OP goes through with this and delivers a pdf of the third book
>>
>>46756633
It's actually awful, like its infamous for being unplayably bad. Long time ago on /tg/ an anon shared some screen grabs from one of the authors from R Tal who explained that thanks to licensing bullshit, interference from suits who knew nothing about neither RPGs nor DBZ, and contractual obligations they were basically forced to make it as bad as it was.

One of the devs actually did their own home brew fix of it that, while not great, was infinitely better. (Dragon ball alpha or some shit like that?)
>>
>>46758724
The game itself does have alot of problems like needing to roll thousands of dice on damage rolls

but the base system is alright and due to Fuzion being a somewhat generic system you can tweak some of the rules to fit what you want

I would love to see a copy of this purely due to my love for the series and also the same reason I have a copy of >>46756922 and the Bestiary and the unfinished Gods & Monsters supplement, a love of ridiculous high powered games in systems not meant for them
>>
>>46758911
Fuzion itself is a decent system, but the way they used the cut down Instant Fuzion was a mistake given the subject matter. Additionally they massively fucked up a lot of the skills and powers of DBZ, and the power creep was more like a power rocket (just like the show!) but only because they were forced into it.

I mean I like Fuzion, I love Sengoku, but the DBZ game was nothing but a mistake.

But, like you, I want it just because I love collecting bad games too, my nigga.
>>
>>46758724
It's kind of insane because you can have stats in the hundreds but you only roll 3d6, meaning that a character with a stat of 350 could never beat a character with a stat at 370.

The only way to defeat an enemy that had stats higher than yours was for them to roll all ones when defending themselves, which would be an automatic failure. The chance of all ones on 3d6 is just under 0.5%.
>>
File: DBZ v0-52.pdf (1B, 486x500px)
DBZ v0-52.pdf
1B, 486x500px
>>46759192
Point taken the game is definitely terrible and nigh unplayable even when tweaked

If you want a DBZ game either checkout Regalias homebrew that shows up on /tg/ every now and then or just use something like FATE
>>
>>46759782
And to make things worse having that kind of disparity in the stats was just par for the course. It's like the game was never designed to be played beyond starting characters (the only level at which the game is even remotely playable).

And, also don't forget, by RAW XP is awarded based on the difference between power levels, and there was no connection between PL and stats, so if you pumped your stats and never touched PL you could one shot BBEGs with a single punch and get boatloads of XP for further jacking up your stats, while if you raised PL too high without putting much into your stats, you'd be lucky to win any fights and not get any XP at all in the off chance you do.
>>
>>46760201
I prefer that DitV one, Regalia's is a mess right now.
>>
>>46760304
I haven't seen the DitV one do you happen to have a copy
>>
>>46760464
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1oTq1TU-_zMdTRR4IoJ9VXu5vvq4lzSm2GNZ1-tU6lvs
>>
File: 1457660471511.jpg (41KB, 393x542px) Image search: [Google]
1457660471511.jpg
41KB, 393x542px
>>46760542
Looks great thanks for the link
I'm not to familiar with Dogs in the Vineyard but the system looks interesting so I might have to check it out
>>
>>46761247
My advice is use the V2 powers subsystem, and hunt down the DitV PDF and get familiar with that, a lot of stuff makes way more sense if you already know Dogs
>>
>>46760304
>>46760201
Try the superior version

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzqNmYX2wzXZeC13YWl4d0JhRUk/view
>>
>>46763831
I remember regalia posting that in butthurt that they were ripping him off.

Then come to find out not only was the other game around longer, but it was also a better balanced, mechanically superior, and actually complete game.
>>
>>46764698
Admittedly, they DID lift a few things from his game, but they're also a lot more active. Checking out their facebook page, they're posting nearly every day, even if it's some meaningless "Yo! How are you? We're fine" shit.

Regalia tends to go months without saying a fucking word. I can believe some fast-paced fucker looking at this game that hadn't been touched since 2015 and thinking it was abandoned.
>>
>>46764747
What I don't get is why some dudes doing a home brew think they should be treated like, or others think they should act like, industry professionals.

You're/They're dudes making a homebrew get the fuck over it.
>>
>>46764747
do they have any site other than facebook as i refuse to create a facebook acount
>>
File: 1440789693188.jpg (137KB, 614x960px) Image search: [Google]
1440789693188.jpg
137KB, 614x960px
bumpin to keep the thread alive
>>
>>46765371
ever tried investing a long time in creating something original that you're proud of and then have complete strangers take your idea and use it as their own without giving you any credit?
yep, doesn't feel so good.
>>
>>46767334
I ain't talking about that nigga.

I mean the whole Facebook communication shit.

So what if regalia isn't as active as they are? So what if they're more active? Guess what, neither of them are a fucking company, they're both just dudes doing a thing for fun. All Regalia being less active and them being more active means is that regalia has less free time than they do.

They're not fucking professional companies, they're just dudes with a hobby, get the fuck over it.
>>
>>46768721
I don't understand your point, are you saying that regalia shouldn't care about something he invested time and effort creating enough to at least want credit for it?
would you not "bitch" if it happened to you?
>>
>>46768875
No I'm saying I'm not even talking about the same thing you are.
>>
>>46765829
No. They used to do a forum thing at http://forum.chaos-project.com/index.php/topic,11765.0.html and you can find them on Reddit from time to time, but they've mostly moved to facebook.

I think there's an adblock filter for that facebook screen cover thing.
>>
>>46752624
Even with the trainwreck that is the DBZ rpg by RTG, I'd still be interested. Question is: can you afford it?
>>
>>46771315
All but the last book can be found fairly easily as pdfs.
>>
File: DBZCosmology.png (240KB, 550x550px) Image search: [Google]
DBZCosmology.png
240KB, 550x550px
bumpin one last time
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.