[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

MtG - Standard

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 332
Thread images: 39

File: Enjoying_new_standard.jpg (375KB, 1597x900px) Image search: [Google]
Enjoying_new_standard.jpg
375KB, 1597x900px
>Are you enjoying your new aggro standard overlords?

>Is your LGS competitive/netdeck enough to warrant maindeck Hallowed Moonlight after the latest tournament results?

>What are you brewing for FNM / Gameday?

>Is Eldritch Moon going to make the others colors viable and stop the 1-3cmc Aggro Menace?
>>
>>46736663
>>Are you enjoying your new aggro standard overlords?
I guess?

>Is your LGS competitive/netdeck enough to warrant maindeck Hallowed Moonlight after the latest tournament results?
I'm not playing white

G/B Token rites

>>Is Eldritch Moon going to make the others colors viable and stop the 1-3cmc Aggro Menace?
Probably
>>
>>46736663
120+ minutes for 3 games doesn't sound like aggro.
>>
>>46736752
They out aggro each other every turn.
>>
>>46736663
As someone who prefers control decks over any other archetype it's a bit annoying to run into nothing but hyper aggressive, safe human decks every time I go to play, but on the other hand I fucking called it way back in one of the spoiler threads when everyone was crying about how control was going to be too strong. So that feels pretty good.
>>
File: 1450143830623.jpg (38KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1450143830623.jpg
38KB, 640x480px
A guy at my LGS who recently spent $1000 buying a set of Moxes also netdecked these Bant Company decks for this last FNM. It's pretty amazing how salty he gets when he loses.

>14 year old player has a sacrifice themed deck
>Has been looking for a Westvale Abby
>Guy offers to let him borrow one
>Gets paired up against kid for first set
>Demands the kid give it back
>>
>>46736988
w
e
w

So what happened?
>>
>>46736988
>Gets paired up against kid for first set
>Demands the kid give it back

where did you hide the body?
>>
>>46737049

Kid gave it back, Bant Company Netdecker finished second last for the night because he is fucking terrible.
>>
>>46736988
A friend of mine lent me his 3 wooded foothils for a Modern GPT, it was like my 3rd time playiing Modern and i found a cheap R/G Burn aggro deck online and set it up for $100.

Second Match and i was paired against him and he was like, ehhhh uh soo about those Wooded Foothills, can you switch them for Mountains? :)?

The Judge was randomly checking Decklists and i had to then use the Wooded Foothills as Mountains while the Judge wasnt looking at me.

In the end i won 2v1 and the salt was palpable, nonetheless we both got good places and ended up with a good bunch of boosters each.
>>
>>46736988
>14 year old player has a sacrifice themed deck
>Has been looking for a Westvale Abby
That youngun' sounds like a cool kid.

Did you slap the dude's shit inward?
>>
>>46737209

He's bro tier. Really polite and friendly, gets excited seeing the rare or powerful cards and in all honesty his deck can hurt like a motherfucker. Loaded with lots of cards that spawn Eldrazi Tokens, cards that respond when stuff on his side dies and Nantuko Husk.

I once saw him Alpha Strike a pillow fort lifegain deck for 60 damage in one turn: Nantuko Husk ate all his creatues, Cutthroats got mad and then he used a Rogue's Passage to make the Husk unblockable.
>>
>>46737407
Sounds like it dies to instant speed removal.
>>
>>46736663
>19/32 decks in the Open were Bant CoCo
>>
File: everything_i_say_is_right.jpg (31KB, 317x427px) Image search: [Google]
everything_i_say_is_right.jpg
31KB, 317x427px
>>46737111
>people who netdeck aren't good players

Is it really that surprising?
>>
File: 2spooky.png (7KB, 298x56px) Image search: [Google]
2spooky.png
7KB, 298x56px
Are there much interaction with Eldrazi scions and Cryptolith Rite now?
>>
>>46739178
only turn 4 ulamogs. Nothing major.
>>
When I asked for input last time no one really said anything. So tell me why my deck is shit, I guess?
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/nu-std-bru-r/
>>
>>46739646
Explain
>>
>>46739695
blisterpod.
>>
>>46739751
How are people getting the blisterpod to die reliably? I assume the rest of the mana comes from Scion Summoning t3 into t4 tap 3 scions, sac 3 scions, tap 4 lands?
>>
>>46737111
>>46737049
Kinda surprised the guy didn't try to get the kid DQ'd for having a 59 card deck once he got the card back.
>>
>>46738968

Yeah, my UR Prowess deck hits it pretty hard. I can usually kill the Cutthroats with spot removal and then just bank a creature bounce if he tries to Alpha Strike.
>>
>Excited for fetchlands to rotate so Standard will seem fresh
>White aggro
>White midrange
>White control

See you guys in three months.
>>
>>46740722
Exile enchangments were a mistake
>Let's make a bunch of enchantments that exile things
>but then have zero enchantment removal outside of two colors
>>
is luis scott vargas a cuck?
>>
>>46736821
>feeling good about being better at evaluating cards than shitters that didn't think rhino was a playable card even in modern

That's some low standards
>>
>>46736821
As an Esper control player, Mardu/Abzan Control decks upset me but nothing russles my jimmies right now like a Simic Flash. I just don't know how to respond to having every spell countered.
>>
>>46736821
What about Mardu Control? You have access to a bunch of exile shit, languish, radiant flames, Kommand, New Sorrin, and more. Only thing you might be missing is card draw and a finisher.

Keep in mind I am in no way a control player. I am an aggro player so I just listed off things that I despise running into.
>>
>>46739832
sac outlets and opponents who don't know how to stop being terrible even after sideboards
>>
>>46741188
Mardu is strong. If I weren't running Esper I'd run Mardu, it's probably stronger on the whole cause of Kommand and Chandra.
>>
Is a playset of Angelic Purge a good set of problem solvers to throw into my G/W investigate human deck?
>>
>>46741188
New Sorin is a finisher
>>
File: ss (2016-04-17 at 09.21.32).jpg (503KB, 1556x790px) Image search: [Google]
ss (2016-04-17 at 09.21.32).jpg
503KB, 1556x790px
Hows my Aggro madness budget burn meme deck?

I've been thinking in getting another chandra, maybe putting some Thunderbreaks.

Is there any other card other than Kolaghans Command that im missing here?

Sidedeck is just normal stuff.

3x Duress
2x Transgress the Mind
2x Virulent Plague
3x To the Slaughter
2x Tainted Remedy
3x Kozilek's Return
>>
>>46741516
I went though 51 boosters and didn't get a single Foreboding Ruins
>>
>>46741516
fiery temper/ flaming impulse
>>
I'm trying to wrangle together a deck for standard - I went WG in the pre-release, and it was a ton of fun. It was cool finding out that the type of deck / colors I'm running is getting big right now, but I need help figuring out what to put in it / cut, since I have so many options.

Here's what I have, pulled from packs and my collection.

X1 Archangel Avacyn
X2 Archangel of Tithes
X4 Briarbridge Patrol
X1 Bygone bishop
X4 Eldrazi Displacer
X4 Hangarback Walker
X4 Graf Mole
X4 Thraben Inspector
X4 Topplegeist
X4 Tireless Tracker
X2 Ulamog, the Ceaseless Hunger

X3 Always Watching
X4 Angelic Purge
X4 Confront the Unkown
X2 Cryptolith Rite
x2 Declaration in Stone
X4 Expose Evil
X4 Gideon's Reproach
X4 Ulvenwald Mysteries
X4 Tamiyo's Journal

X1 Fortified Village
X2 Canopy vista
X3 Westvale Abbey

Obviously I need to cut it down, but I'm not sure what to do. I like the Tamiyo's Journal / Briarbridge patrol combo, for tutoring Ulamog, but I really like the Westvale abbey shit to - it won me some games in the pre-release.
The eldrazi displacers really helped with fucking over werewolves, and shit, and I think it could do a nice board wipe with Avacyn, by flipping her back to make my creatures indestructible.
>>
>>46736663
Thinking of getting into MtG, played Yugioh competitively and Hearthstone ranked before so I have a good grasp on most concepts such as mana usage. Going to be attending some FNMs and watching other people play. I'm just wondering how much starting out will set me back as far as a viable deck goes? I've seen most of the meta decks these days are $200+ even without ridiculously expensive cards (I'm looking at you, Jace and Avacyn), so is that around what I'm looking at?
>>
So in your guys opinion, what would be the biggest weaknesses for azorius control in standard right now? I'm trying to make it work since I've been having issues with getting mana screwed on my Esper control deck but I'm not sure how important black is in the deck
>>
>>46742291
Just buy a fat pack and booster box. Should run you about $160 and give you enough cards for a two or three decent decks.
>>
>>46742610
Thats the worst advice i've seen.
>>
File: bestwerewolfwaifu.png (1MB, 909x1253px) Image search: [Google]
bestwerewolfwaifu.png
1MB, 909x1253px
Still brewing R/G werewolves, even though its probably doomed to failure

2x Arlinn Kord
2x Geier Reach Bandit
4x Village Messenger
4x Kessig Forgemaster
4x Lambholt Pacifist
2x Pack Guardian
4x Timberpack Wolf
2x Tormenting Voices
2x Rabid Bite
4x Atarka's Command
4x Howlpack Resurgence
2x Neglected Heirloom
4x Cinder Glade
4x Game Trail
8x Mountain
8x Forest

Sideboard
4x Natural State
2x Rabid Bite
4x Clip Wings
1x Arlinn Kord
>>
>>46742788
Guess he could just go to a brick and mortar and buy one of their assorted decks for dirt cheap.
>>
>>46742820
Do you basically have to get this card by turn 2 and hope your opponent has no lands for it to be able to transform without the help of another card?
>>
>>46743047
No? I don't really care if my werewolves flip or not. I made the deck because it is fun. I don't know if my meta will adapt to current flavors as they haven't done so for the entireity of return to zendikar
>>
>>46743173
>I made the deck because it is fun.
Yeah thats cool, I did the same with my B/R vampire deck

>I don't really care if my werewolves flip or not.
Your definition of fun must be awful.
>>
>>46743219
>Your definition of fun must be awful

When your friendly group are more of shits than your LGS you will understand
>>
>>46740722
>look forward to fetch lands rotating because /v/ assures me standard will get cheaper
>it gets even worse
>>
>>46743219
B/R vampires seems a lot more viable with the whole madness thing

Only went 1-3, but my deck could use a few more value cards just started collecting
>>
>>46739646
You say it as a joke but you're right, it isn't major. Rites is shit because a turn 4 abbey or ulamog means dick when every deck is running 8-10 exile effects
>>
File: Ancient Shiggy.png (504KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
Ancient Shiggy.png
504KB, 500x500px
>>46743309
>/v/
>>
File: what.jpg (38KB, 500x418px) Image search: [Google]
what.jpg
38KB, 500x418px
>>46743309
>/v/
>>
>>46743358
/v/ has magic threads, anon
>>
>>46742291
Given that you played Yugioh competitively, I'm gonna assume you know your basic shit like don't buy sealed. Lurk mtggoldfish's standard section for the next couple weeks until you find a deck you like. They post decks that go at least 3-1 in standard daily tournaments. Prices are a little high right now because the set just came out but it should settle down after gameday (the 30th of this month).
>>
>>46743381
No board has a unique personality
>>
Just got a Kalitas from a tweaker on CL. Is this shit gonna drop in standard anytime soon?

I mainly play Modern/Legacy/EDH so I figured I'd ask you guys.
>>
>>46743693
Prices are always insane regardless.
>>
>>46742291
No, for standard you are looking at4-900 dollars. You also may need a new deck in 3 months and you will certainly need a new deck in like oOctober
>>
>>46743693
I definitely know not to buy sealed unless it's in like a slab and you know you're going to get your value out of it; singles are the only way to go to get your value for money and not have 90% useless shit lying around. That said, MtG singles appear to be more than YGO singles in general.

>>46743876
Maybe $400-900 for something like Bant Company but Eldrazi decks look around the high $200s
>>
Is there a way to use this? How janky do you have to get for grixis etbs to be a thing.
>>
File: huh.png (123KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
huh.png
123KB, 223x311px
>>46743990
>>
File: lmao.jpg (24KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
lmao.jpg
24KB, 480x360px
tfw getting 2nd place at fmn with an esper tute deck i made
>>
>>46743898
Well you dont necessarily need to get the top most expensive decks to get into MtG.

You can make a perfectly fine playable deck for as low as $60. A deck capable of winning you games and have fun with the game.

It all depends on how competitive your LGS is. My LGS has lot of people making their own brews with cards they got from their prerelease so you can basically just put up any kind of deck you find fun and get good results out of the FNM.

Its all about having fun, i made a Tainted Remedy lifegain deck forcing my opponents creatures to get Lifelink and kill themselves, ended up 2-2, lots of fun.
>>
>>46744093
I actually just looked at a WUBRG deck that's literally $20, lol.
>>
>>46744093
This. It's not like you're gonna go to SCG opens right off the bat.
>>
>>46744078
Hey I'm working one of those myself, but I've been running it on cockatricd and it just sucks. Any tips?
>>
>>46744480
Standard is really aggressive at the moment and running a three color mana base really fugs you over. Often you can't slam the tute down because of dromoka command and anguished unmaking being so prevalent. Mainboard languish and planar outburst are a must right now. Remember that awaken is actually very prevalent too. I've won several games off of an awaken ruinous path or outburst on shambling vent. When you get the lock down that's when you can start getting aggressive with tute. Also, as important creature removal is, many planeswalkers can get you too so a few mainboard to the slaughter, negate, and anguished unmaking aren't bad ideas either.
>>
>>46743898
>Maybe $400-900 for something like Bant Company but Eldrazi decks look around the high $200s
Eldrazi decks are pretty fucking mediocre and the r/w and b/w onesthat have placed are around 4-500 as per MTGGoldfishes estimations of the SCG Balt top 32 decks.

Nothing utilizing white is going to be budget, nor blue, not until the colors staple required cards rotate out.
>>
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/dead-to-rites-4/ anything I can do to make this a bit more resilient to the coco and weenie menaces or am I SOL?
>>
>>46744480
One more thing. Try out Silumgar's Command. joocy as fuark
>>
>>46744548
what blue cards besides jace cost money?
>>
>>46744614
None, really, atleast off the top of my head but that auto include 4 of is already more than my entire standard deck. Jaces are 400 for a playset, no blue deck can be budget without running them and no blue deck missing Jaces is as good as one not missing them.
>>
>>46744647
No blue deck can be budget while running them*
>>
>>46744593
natural state hits the anthem the white weenies are running as well as Boon

black doesn't have an answer to coco or weenies that isn't languish and green's answer to coco is coco which you don't have so i guess you should play coco
>>
>>46744700
>The only answer to coco is play coco
Ban when?
>>
>>46744647
Most competitive blue decks are going to have one, possibly two. A handful of them will have 4. But he also dies to fiery impulse. He's a really expensive target that I don't usually ever need to win. I agree he's probably the best "please use your removal on this" we have but there's other options from titi to, shit a sigeled starfish if you're really just there for the "function" aspect of this jace and want them to debate using the removal in the first place that has the benefit of costing a $.01

tl;dr jace wins games but building a deck that can only be competitive with 3+ jaces seems like risky behavior in exile 5ever standard
>>
>>46744724
when they admitted it might have had "more of a metawarping relationship to the format than we expected"

Some intern got away without sticking "sorcery" "5cmc" or "two or less" anywhere on that card and its only response is dispel. White's got something of that in Secure the Wastes but I'd disagree it's the same.
>>
So is U/R Prowess viable in this standard? I was thinking about using Sanguinary Mage as my two drop and TiTis as a finisher.
>>
Is buying sealed really not worth it? I mean I did get an Archangel Avacyn from my SoI fat pack
>>
I'm building the first standard deck that I plan to play at my store. I recently just reentered the game having not played since Lorwyn, but I think I've been pretty lucky with my drafts.

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/humans-on-innistrad/

This isn't a deck, but more a list of the stuff I've got in my standard collection that's viable, kinda. I'm trying to use it to get a gist of how I should build based on what I've got.

Any thoughts on the direction I could take this hideous pile? I'm also trying to simply play without getting curbstomped, I'm not trying to win game day or anything.
>>
Would now be a good time to trade my white staples? I have no intention on playing GW humans, as it looks boring as shit. Will stuff like Thalia's Lieutenant spike any more than it already has?
>>
>>46745044
It's a gamble, especially fatpacks where there is no "set" ratios. You pulled an Avacyn, but you could have also pulled a .$85 Behold The Beyond, or bulk rare.
>>
>>46745074
Human shit? Yes. Declaration in stones or avacyns? Keep unless you have zero intention of playing white at all while they are in standard
>>
File: 1416590889984.gif (1MB, 294x233px) Image search: [Google]
1416590889984.gif
1MB, 294x233px
>>46745044
>mfw I once got a Garruk, a Liliana, a foil Liliana, and two scavenging oozes out of an m14 fatpack
>>
I just wish they would do some kind of emergency supplementary print of jvp. $300 minimum entry fee for a fun standard deck fucking sucks. And we all know hes going to plummet after rotation, hes a 1-2x at best in a small hand full of modern/legacy decks.
>>
>>46745265
And hurt SCG/CFB? Oy vey goy.
>>
File: 1459997639203.jpg (19KB, 340x315px) Image search: [Google]
1459997639203.jpg
19KB, 340x315px
>Give white a bunch of good enchantments
>Make the only enchantment hate white
>>
>>46745342
Green has enchantment hate
>>
>>46743876
Really? Holy shit.
At this point you can actually buy a land base and even decent deck in Legacy instead of buying into standard ONCE
>>
File: 1402559136026.gif (712KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1402559136026.gif
712KB, 320x240px
>mfw looking at the results of the open that took place alongside the invitational
Out of the top 32, 19 are Bant Company
>>
>>46745217
I'll hold onto my Declarations then and unload the rest. Thanks homie.
>>
Imagine the price of Coco if it wasn't in that preconstructed deck
>>
Went 2-2 on fnm with this, both losses against coco decks

What do I change to make it better

I don't think hallowed moonlight is necessary because of the counterspells and shit
>>
>>46744848
Sanguinary mage should be your two drop if you don't have access to stormchaser mage or abbot of kerral keep. Even elusive spellfist is better than sanguinary mage.
>>
>>46746450
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/15-04-16-cNm-wu-spirits/

Forgot link
>>
>tfw you have to spend another 150 on lands and a couple white cards just to splash because you have to play white now
aw lawdy
>>
>>46739178
Cards that spawn scions, plus cards like From Beyond combined with cryptolith rite mean you can tap all your scions for 1 mana then sac them all for a further 1 mana, would only take maybe 2-4 scions plus a few lands to bring out very high cost creatures in that kind of combo. If it goes well, it can go very well.
>>
>>46741301
Considering it's a 3 mana cost exile just about anything card, and you can sac clues for it, it's not so bad. It's not great, but it's not bad. I suspect having 4 is too many, you'd be better off with something like 4x declaration in stone and then sideboarding in other removal if it becomes necessary.
>>
>>46742285
Keep in mind that tamiyos journal is 5 mana, briar is 3, and you need to what, sacrficie 3 clues at once for 6 - all in all it's not the most efficient way to bring out ulamog, assuming it works in your favor. If you play around with it you might be able to reliably get him out but then it's still basically not until beyond turn 5 or 6 that you are going to be able to bring him to field, and against aggro decks you could be dead by then.
>>46743357
You could always run Kozilek and just counter all their exiles. Not as good a finisher as Ulamog but it could get the job done. Better yet, do both.
>>
Hey guys,

I'm building a UG Clue combo deck, but during testing I have noticed that it is lacking in removal. What are some good U/G removal spells that see play in the current standard meta?
>>
File: 296388.jpg (9KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
296388.jpg
9KB, 200x200px
Hows this B/R Madpire deck

4 Insolent Neonate
4 Thornbow Archer
4 Heir of Falkenrath
4 Ravenous Bloodseeker
4 Olivia's Bloodsworn
3 Incorrigible Youths

4 Titan's Strength
4 Fiery Temper

4 Exquisite Firecraft
4 Alms of the Vein

2 Smoldering Marsh
4 Foreboding Ruins
8 Mountain
7 Swamp

Sideboard:
3 Duress
3 Virulent Plague
2 Drana, Liberator of Malakir
4 Kolaghan's Command
>>
>>46746954
To be honest, I haven't seen many rites decks run much in the way of sac outlets besides leap.
>>
File: 181.jpg (61KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
181.jpg
61KB, 312x445px
Why doesn't this see play? It looks so good on paper.
>>
File: soiwolf.jpg (610KB, 1920x1040px) Image search: [Google]
soiwolf.jpg
610KB, 1920x1040px
rate my jank
>>
>>46747800
What deck does this fit in?

Like, if you're some sort of RDW, your 3 drop is supposed to be something that can deal damage and provide value immediately, not in one turn. Besides, the draw effect isn't that good - it doesn't matter if opponent tosses out lands or gives them to your hand (because you're at 3 mana already, which is plenty for a RDW) - and for nonlands, he's going to be tossing all of them into the graveyard because 1-4 (again, RDW curve should stop at 4) damage isn't as much as those cards are going to be causing him.

Really, I can see this working in a ramp deck - at 3, you're at enough mana to Nissa's Pilgrimage for your lands if your opponent keeps tossing them away, incidental 3-4 damage a turn actually hurts if they are throwing your spells away, and revealing a ramp target (World Breaker or Ulamog, for example) will have a drawback no matter whether they land in the graveyard or in hand.
>>
>>46747800
i personaly love this card
the mechanic is beautivul and the devil still hits hard as fuck for a 3cc drop
the problem is that whenever you top reveal a land card your opponent hasnt even to think and you would draw 1 as normal desu doesnt even seem such a problem to me, but ppl at my lgs say that having the opponent chose for you to draw aint good and few of those ppl played >2 pt
>>
>>46747800
Effects that are controlled by your opponent aren't that great in general.
>>
>>46737120
If anyone observes your game, judge or spectator, they wouldn't let you simply tap foothills for red mana. If your "friend" agreed to lend you cards for a Competitive event (such as a GPT) and you file a deck list with those cards, you can reply to his request with a gentle "lol nope" and he can't do shit about it.
>>
>>46736988
>1000 for a set of mox
Excuse me? Mox are not 200 each.
>>
>>46747800
It depends. It would be real nice to put in a Delirium deck, but it will hit really bad when your opponent decides to trash your Mindbreak Demon or Avacyn. Second is, he's not the best Delirium enabler there is. Sinister Concoction is. Still, would be good in a deck.
>>
>>46749507
You still have your regular draw though. Trashing a bomb and taking five doesn't impact the chance you still draw a bomb.
>>
>>46749658
Technically it does, since there's one less bomb and card in the deck
>>
>>46746468
>150 on lands

You're buying 40 dual lands?
>>
>>46747072
-4x Thornbow Archer
+3 Falkenraith Gorger
-1 Olivia Bloodsworn
-1 Neonate
-1 Bloodseeker
+2 Drana
+1 Kalitas

-2 Exquisite Firecraft
+2 Tormenting Voice

And that's just where i'd start playtesting.
>>
>>46747097
Abzan runs nantuko husk.

>>46749658
He goes in a red aggro deck. If your opponent can afford to pay for your bomb then you're probably not a good red mage.
>>
>>46747800
Eh, not really, and getting one during prerelease kinda showed me why.

Your opponent gets to pitch any lands that you reveal for free. Needed that one extra mana to cast something? Well too bad because you're not getting it.
>>
>>46747800
I been testing it in my Jund midrange build with some pretty good results, card advantage or DMG to face, use removal on hand to allow him to consistently hit face, and he makes up for some bad trades for the opponent as well due to menace.
>>
>>46750044
>red aggro
>bomb

wut
>>
>>46749390

Maybe I misheard it. It was either he spent $1000 or that was the profit margin the store made from buying and reselling them.
>>
rate my clues!

Creature (25)
4x Briarbridge Patrol
2x Daring Sleuth
4x Erdwal Illuminator
3x Graf Mole
4x Thraben Inspector
4x Tireless Tracker
1x Ulamog, the Ceaseless Hunger
3x Void Grafter
Land (25)
2x Evolving Wilds
7x Forest
2x Fortified Village
6x Island
4x Plains
2x Port Town
2x Rogue's Passage
Instant (6)
3x Confront the Unknown
3x Expose Evil
Enchantment (2)
2x Weirding Wood
Artifact (2)
2x Tamiyo's Journal
>>
>>46750443
no way he spent 1000 for a set of moxes that were not counterfeit
>>
Here's a R/W humans deck I'm working on. I'm really liking the look of the deck, but I can already feel people at my lgs building Bant company. Besides hallowed moonlight to stop Coco, is there a way to really stop krasis or reflector mage in colors? I've considered splashing black for infinite obliteration, but it seems really greedy in an aggro environment. Thoughts?
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/12-04-16-cYA-rw-humans/
>>
File: 1410765903871.jpg (476KB, 560x560px) Image search: [Google]
1410765903871.jpg
476KB, 560x560px
>>46752135
>25 lands
>curve is literally 3
>>
>Play Magic Duels
>Almost completed Origins, only 6 boosters left
>Still need five mythics, including, Jace, Liliana, Kytheon and Archangel of Tighes
It's starting to feel like this program is just screwing me over because I haven't spent real money.
>>
>>46752135
>18 creatures
>2x 3x 2x 3x
>Inner Struggle as your removal

You need to go and check the Weenie White decklists to have an idea on how to build your deck properly. If you are going for Humans deck, you always want your deck to be 50% creatures. 4x of your best creatures.

Something like this.

Creatures (27)

4 Abbot of Keral Keep
4 Dragon Hunter
4 Expedition Envoy
4 Reckless Bushwhacker
4 Thalia's Lieutenant
4 Thraben Inspector
3 Kytheon, Hero of Akros

Lands (20)

2 Mountain
10 Plains
4 Battlefield Forge
4 Needle Spires

Spells (13)

3 Always Watching
4 Gryff's Boon
2 Outnumber
4 Declaration in Stone

You want to drop 1 or 2 creatures every turn, hit hard and constantly and never stop going for the opponents face. 25 lands is extremely bad for you.
>>
File: ss (2016-04-18 at 01.19.29).png (16KB, 332x620px) Image search: [Google]
ss (2016-04-18 at 01.19.29).png
16KB, 332x620px
Hows this for a casual FNM/Kitchen table deck?
I have the cards, but I'm wondering if I should make some changes (Preferably cheap ones if necessary)
>>
Check out what we in the Spirt Tribal thread shit out. Seems pretty decent, but I think the manabase is sketchy.
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/spoopy-geists/
>>
>>46739106
A little, actually. Mostly it depends on the deck.
>>
> Sorting cards last night
> Realize I have 4 Reflector Mages and 2 Tireless Trackers already

Is Bant that much of a meme deck already? I wouldn't mind a change of pace from my UR Prowess for a while.
>>
>>46752909
You mean it mostly depends on luck and how good you shuffle your deck. Sure there is some skill involved but most netdeckers don't have a good grasp of the synergy and chains involved
>>
>>46750241
List please? I've got three of the blighters and they need a home.
>>
Could Jund Superfriends be a deck? Green offers the mana fixing and the Planeswalkers in Jund offer a pretty steady curve alongside a varied toolkit for a good board presence.
>>
>>46754883
You die before your first planeswalker on the field actually does something
>>
Creature (18)
4 Deathcap Cultivator
2 Den Protector
4 Sylvan Advocate
2 The Gitrog Monster
4 Thought-Knot Seer
2 Wasteland Strangler

Instant (7)
3 Dromoka's Command
2 Grasp of Darkness
2 Ultimate Price

Planeswalker (1)
1 Ob Nixilis Reignited

Sorcery (8)
1 Languish
2 Painful Truths
2 Ruinous Path
3 Transgress the Mind

Land (26)
2 Caves of Koilos
2 Drownyard Temple
3 Evolving Wilds
4 Forest
4 Hissing Quagmire
2 Llanowar Wastes
1 Plains
4 Shambling Vent
4 Swamp

What do i change?
>>
>>46755129
Why even bother with Wasteland Strangler if you dont have that much ways to exile shit from your opponent?
>>
A blue and white deck I'm working on ideas ?

2x Planar Outburst
2x Clash of Wills
4x Crush of Tentacles
4x Ojutai's Command
4x Void Shatter
4x Declaration in Stone
4x Descend upon the Sinfall

6x Plains
6x Island
4x Evolving Wilds
4x Prairie Stream
4x Port Town

1x Narset Transcendent
3x Jace, Unraveler of Secrets

3x Thing in the Ice
4x Jace, Vryn's Prodigy

Just a counter kill summon Krakens and win but I'm think of making just a mill deck with sphinx tutelage and Startled Awake
>>
>>46755274

I have 4 Transgress the Mind at the moment, so 8 cards that exile, is that not enough to make wasteland strangler viable?
>>
>>46752859
please respond
>>
>>46752859
>How's this for a casua-
It's fine. All casual decks are fine. You're not building to win, just have fun.
>>
I'm using u/r mill combining tute with zada+ expedite+ slip through space+ storm chaser mage+chandra flamecaller+avaricious Dragon
>>
>>46755312
Meant to reply with this
>>46756426
>>
>>46756362
Well I dont want to get my shit stomped every game either. Some people actually try at my card shop. I just want to not lose every game
>>
>>46756362
Not that guy, but losing hilariously quickly isn't fun either.
>>
>the format is just 2 decks.

>Control and Midrange simply don't exist.

this is by far the most degenerate format in like 6 years, end my fucking life.
>>
Any players from Glasgow area? I'm moving there soon and I'm looking for an lgs with the best people.
>>
>>46756918
My wife's boyfriend loves playing magic at one of the local shops there
>>
>>46756949

I had to read that a couple of times, lol.
>>
>>46743811
Nobody can say until the pro tour goes down next week. That generally decides card prices for the following few months.
>>
File: 9322807.jpg (71KB, 707x500px) Image search: [Google]
9322807.jpg
71KB, 707x500px
>>46740722
>mono white is looking breddy gud for budget
>it does good at 2 SCG events
>all cards are 5$ or more now
God fucking
I just wanted some derivative budget Red
not reprinting lightning strike is probably the worst mistake wizards has ever made
>>
>>46746459
Its a removal heavy meta senpai. Your best bet is to go along with it and run some silkwraps or stasis snares in place of something like your Invocations, since its kind of a win-more card, since you have evasion already. Maybe slap it in the sideboard until standard chills the fuck out.
>>
File: 1425694146340.jpg (121KB, 524x492px) Image search: [Google]
1425694146340.jpg
121KB, 524x492px
>>46757150
>Buy into G/W humans on launch day thinking it'll be another dinky deck along the lines of B/W Warriors from Khans
>Get all my tireless trackers and thalia's lieutenants at like 2 bucks a piece
>The very next day humans are everywhere and the prices spike
>Get snarky comments every time I turn 1 a Thraben Inspector now

And now everyone thinks I'm an asshole when I just wanted to play a dinky tribal deck.
>>
>>46757277
I know that feel, brother. Thank god my store is still on the Eldrazi train.
>>
So, I wanna play standard after not playing for 7 years.

I did buy 10 packs of Shadows. Should I buy some older packs and just get a feel for the sets or should I just research decks instead of having fun
>>
>>46757533
Don't bother magic sucks now.

But if you incest pick up a play set of declaration in stone, collected company, jace vryn's prodigy, archangel avacyn, and reflector mage. They're basically mandatory
>>
>>46757594
> but if you incest
Mtg: The family fucken game.
>>
File: 1452173522907.jpg (23KB, 530x313px) Image search: [Google]
1452173522907.jpg
23KB, 530x313px
>>46757594

i dont have that kind of money
>>
>>46757594
I just looked it up, and apart from Avacyn and Declaration, those are some mighty-fine unfun cards, christ.
>>
File: i hate this.jpg (19KB, 409x406px) Image search: [Google]
i hate this.jpg
19KB, 409x406px
>>46757693
Yeah, me either.
>>
>>46754216
Good luck buying your play set of cocos
>>
>>46757594
Forgot tracker and 400 in lands
>>
>>46758244
i did pull a tracker from packs :3

and traverse the ulvenwald
>>
>>46758485
Me too bro. Now I just gotta do it 3 more times.

When does this game get fun, exactly?
>>
>Bought playset of trackers at 1.15 a piece
>Never realized their price jumped
>Could have drafted 3 more over the past few weeks
fuck
>>
>>46742820
No Zada?
>>
File: 1456040393450.jpg (66KB, 650x472px) Image search: [Google]
1456040393450.jpg
66KB, 650x472px
>LGS is out of CoCo
>offering 15 dollars store credit each
>have 5 of them
I plan to sell 3 and sit on the other two just in case.
>>
>>46758813
What is CoCo again?
>>
>>46758940
Ice-T's wife
>>
>>46758704
What would be the use of zada? There is nothing in that deck targets his creatures
>>
>>46758940
Collected company. Modern and standard all star. I regret not snatching them up at $5-6 each a few months ago
>>
>>46747072
Root Out, Natural State, Clip Wings for green, but blue doesn't get much removal that's not countering or bouncing.
>>
>Zada + Confront the Unknown

DAT FUCKING COMBO BABY.
>>
>>46743802
/lit/ and /r9k/ feel very different from other boards
>>
>>46761050
Too bad Zada dies to almost every single removal spell in the format.
>>
File: really.jpg (79KB, 530x370px) Image search: [Google]
really.jpg
79KB, 530x370px
So Burn?
>>
>>46761884
/lit/ has one genius, four smart people, some people that know how to google and then regular people who read books now and then. it makes for an interesting dynamic
>>
>>46762231
>4 drop
>only does one drain and gain per turn
No.
>>
File: reflectormagee.jpg (70KB, 455x334px) Image search: [Google]
reflectormagee.jpg
70KB, 455x334px
How in the hell can you beat U/W Control? Everything gets bounced and locked down -- it's the only matchup that pisses me off so far.
>>
>>46762231
I passed that in a draft where I was playing B/W madness. Oh wait, I took it because it was foil and there wasn't anything else in the pack in my colors, but it still fucking sucks.
>>
>>46762583
it's pretty good in limited. it trades pretty well and then pushes board stalls in your favor.
>>
>>46736739
>>Are you enjoying your new aggro standard overlords?
Yes, very much so, I run 4 languish main
3 in SB, lot of coco decks but also valuable against other decks.
W/B Abbey. Way underrated deck, I forsee it becoming the next meme deck. Answers to everything only somewhat weak against control but 4 duress in SB helps
>>Is Eldritch Moon going to make the others colors viable and stop the 1-3cmc Aggro Menace?
I think the other colors are already viable. I would imagine if anything aggro will get some new toys in EM
>>
>>46762508
You don't.
>>
>>46758813
I got puca points if you're interested.
>>
Is B/R Delirium a good idea? What cards should I include?
>>
>>46763117
not really B/R doesn't have that many great delirium stuff.
>>
Anyone got any b/u/g deck lists floating around yet? Googling is failing me. Looking into some combination of black with blue and/or green reanimator standard non-competitive mostly for standard tabletop stuff when not doing modern
>>
>>46763117
If you're determined to play a Delirium deck you'd have better luck with B/G. Although it still wouldn't be great. Just better.
>>
>>46763299
Mindwrack demon is decent.
>>
>>46763391
That's about the only one I can think of right now I would rather do something like B/G for delirium honestly.
>>
>>46763456
Right I forgot about scourge wolf, that one is decent as well, all in all though I like green better than red with traverse the uvenwald and autumnal gloom.
>>
>Modern had Eldrazi Winter
>Standard has CoCo Spring

It's like poetry, it sort of rhymes.
>>
>>46763567
You sure you know what 'rhymes' means anon?
>>
>>46763614
Rhymes, you know like waffle and carrot.
>>
>>46763371
>>46763299
I'm not looking for a competitive deck, but thanks for the input. I've already starting building one, so I really need help. I have:

x4 Sinister Concoction
x4 Gibbering Fiend
x3 Tooth Collector
x2 Sin Prodder
x2 To the Slaughter
x1 Mindbreak Demon
x1 Shard of Broken Glass
x1 Avaricious Dragon
>>
>>46763647
>Shard of Broken Glass
never play this
>>
>>46763762
Why?
>>
>>46763647
you should be running 4 mindwrack demons, you should also be running four scourge wolves, I'm not sure about the dragon, I get that it gets you delirium fairly quickly but I would rather have targeted discard, or a may trigger, Sin prodder will also probably set off delirium fairly quickly, you also may want to consider some artifact creatures.
>>46763794
It gives very poor stats for the mana you have to spend on it and it doesn't give anything particularly good.
>>
>>46763647
I might be wrong about this but I like Tormenting Voice to build up Delirium. Magmatic Chasm helps and if you use Evolving Wilds, you can have a land in the 'yard.
>>
>>46763647
I would go with something like this:

3x Dead Weight
2x From Under the Floorboards
4x Gibbering Fiend
4x Mindwrack Demon
4x Scourge Wolf
4x Sin Prodder
4x Sinister Concoction
2x To the Slaughter
4x Tormenting Voice
3x Wild-Field Scarecrow

add in some drownyards so that you can get some back from graveyard once your delirium is secure and get some mana acceleration, it won't be the best but it will be okay.
>>
>>46763957
I would like to get a few more instants in there so that you could get a bit more to activate delirium, not sure what to add though.
>>
Looking to build something for FNM this week, need to get some practice in. Anyone having any success with a Jund/RB midrange~controlly deck?
>>
>>46763510
>>46763456
Yeah I wasn't suggesting red to go with it but black is decent. Autumnal Gloom is pretty tight with hexproof and easy to flip. I'm building a b/u/g reanimator deck for my gf cause she wants to use the Dragon Lord cards all in one. Using blue to draw and discard and green to mana ramp and then black to summon the dragons from graveyard. Kolaghan and Silumgar hitting field at same time is pretty fun. Don't have atarka though and getting it to run consistently is difficult
>>
>>46763957
Titan's Strength
>>
>>46763957
>mindwrack demon

Have fun losing health.
>>
>>46762508
Fevered Visions. The only deck that runs it plays 4 baby jace so good luck with that.
>>
>>46763117
You could potentially pull off Jund Delirium with Molten Vortex, Gitgud Monster, Mindwrack Demon and Scourge Wolf. It wouldn't be T1 but still pretty decent in just about every local meta.
>>
>>46762893
Can you post your list so I can shamelessly ruin it with my inferior deck building skills?
>>
>>46763957
Bad idea to insert 4 Mindwrack Demons. Dead Weight is actually nice, haven't thought of that. To take it farther, Shamble Back is good.
>>
File: Craig Wescoe.jpg (104KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
Craig Wescoe.jpg
104KB, 500x375px
>People bitching about Mono White

You were warned. This is what happens when you fuck around with Craig Wescoe. Never doubt the supreme lord of White Weenie.
>>
Been wreckin niggas left and right with this deck.

Any suggestions?

Creatures (22):
3 Zurgo Bellstriker
4 Village Messenger
4 Abbot of Keral keep
4 Falkenrath Gorger
4 Reckless Bushwacker
3 Pia and Kiran Nalaar

Non-Creatures (20):
4 Dragon Fodder
4 Fiery Impulse
4 Titan's Strength
4 Atarka's Command
4 Exquisite Firecraft

Lands (18):
4 Cinder Glade
2 Game Trail
12 Mountain

Sideboard:
3 Rending Volley
4 Lightning Axe
3 Magmatic Chasm
2 Twin Bolt
2 Scab-Clan Berserker
1 Boiling Earth
>>
>>46766256
>Any suggestion

Play against humans so I can see how much your ass gets kicked
>>
>>46756483
It's been two fucking weeks of standard

Control decks will get made once players actually realize what sort of threats they have to deal with on a regular basis
>>
>>46762893
Why would you play an aggro deck of your own while running 4x languish? Languish will rape all of your own creatures and thus take away your thunder as well as your opponents.
>>
>>46736663
>Are you enjoying your new aggro standard overlords?

I find this preferable to 4 color bullshit of the last standard

I just run Clash of Wills and one maindeck negate

Tweaking the WU spirits list that keeps being posted around here. Went 2-2 with it at fnm last week and I think I have some room for improvement.

>Is Eldritch Moon going to make the others colors viable and stop the 1-3cmc Aggro Menace?

Hopefully
>>
>>46766580
Because what are your other answers outside of concede if you face coco?
>>
>>46767977
>WB

Hallowed Moonlight
>>
>>46744593
Probably do Languish since you are running black, I dont see much benefit in evolutionary leap or some of the other cards you are using, if you want this to be a ramp mana deck then focus on getting lands and scions etc. out rather than much else.
>>
>>46767977
Is it really that spoopy? It's popular and a good card but it's not exactly a victory on its own. You could always wait a few more months for it to rotate out.
>>
>>46768177
The card itself isn't a wincon on its own but if your deck is constructed around it it IS a wincon
>>
>>46765243
>>46765427

The card is a good answer to Avacyn as it comes down a turn earlier and stonewalls her unless she flips.
>>
>>46736663
Standard is shit and you should feel bad for playing a bad cards format.
>>
File: 39.jpg (50KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
39.jpg
50KB, 312x445px
>>46762768
Nah, I used Falkenrath Heiress+From Under the Floorboards/Gisa's Bidding for end of turn zombie legions. My best madness enabler was probably this guy, though.
>>
File: happybluehair.jpg (24KB, 496x280px) Image search: [Google]
happybluehair.jpg
24KB, 496x280px
>>46752892
Oh hey, its my deck again, although it got refined a lot by all of you <3
do you guys really like it that much?
>>
>>46768585
I wasthe one who helped you refine it, I was going to suggest cutting two Islands and two Plains for a Prairie Stream. I know you can't afford them right now, but the decklist will be better with them.

Did you get temp-banned?
>>
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/gw-soi-humans-1/

Wondering what I can perhaps replace Season's Past with - I don't use it too often and it has a hefty mana cost which so far has not made it largely worthwhile - thoughts?
>>
>>46768585
I suggest going up to 22 lands

You're not a full on aggro deck and you don't have any way to search out lands
>>
File: NervousBlueHair.jpg (99KB, 225x272px) Image search: [Google]
NervousBlueHair.jpg
99KB, 225x272px
>>46768605
Not that I know of it, but prairie streams sound good thanks :o
>>46768614
what would you cut for the 2 extra lands?
>>
>>46768614
>>46768692
We had 22 lands before, but I kept getting flooded in testing. I would say it's fine the way it is, personally.
>>
File: BlueHairSmile.jpg (25KB, 500x265px) Image search: [Google]
BlueHairSmile.jpg
25KB, 500x265px
>>46768707
hm, yeah, it feels pretty okay with 20 lands :)
>>
>>46768692
Cut 2 nagging thoughts
>>
>>46768733
I would still wait for EM before buying anything, we might get more spirits.

>>46768740
Nagging Thoughts is god-tier, it enables delirium really fucking fast.
>>
>>46768692
That's a 2hu.
>>
Would it be worth it to sell my Sensei's Diving Top, Polluted Delta and Umezawa's Jitte to get back into Standard? Odds are, I'd never play those cards in tournament play where they are legal anyway.
>>
>>46769320
Don't get into standard, get into modern.

Competitive standard is pointless if you don't grind events with it, so unless you're going to be doing that just get into modern. For standard, make a janky deck that you have fun playing with, people on /tg/ regularly post budget shitbrews
>>
>>46766580
It's not an aggro deck
>>
>>46768177
Coco is a fucking bullshit card

At instant speed, for 4 mana, it can get up to 6 mana worth of creatures. Decks that run Coco generally run 4 Coco and 4 of some removal type (Dromoka's Command or Declaration), rest is all creatures at 3 or less CMC.

Reflector Mages and Bounding Krasis will make attacking unfavorable, Sylvan Advocates are above the curve for their stats AND they turn into goyfs later on (as well as pumping all those hexproof manlands you're running), and why not get a planeswalker at the end step? Then flip him next turn. And flashback the Coco.

I mean, if development playtested Reflector Mages and Bounding Krasises for anything other than limited they would be fine, but their above-curve P/T combined with an insane utility ETB trigger makes them a broken piece of shit in a dedicated coco deck
>>
>>46736663
>tfw cannot into standard
I'm such a normie but have been off and on with the game since 7th edition
Help me.....
>>
>>46769589
>get into memedern

lolololololololo
>>
>>46770952
The problem relies entirely on CoCo being absolutely bullshit levels of powerful with all the Value 3cmc cards that are running around.
>>
>>46770952
a lot of Coco decks are also running some number of avacyns.
>>
>>46771513
Multicolor is good. It's harder to cast, but you get the payoff of more efficiency and diverser effects. You have to build your mana base carefully if your deck depends on multicolor cards because you're going to have problems casting more than one a turn otherwise.

It's also something Coco completely ignores because it cares about CMC and nothing else.
>>
File: Collected Nigga.jpg (240KB, 768x432px) Image search: [Google]
Collected Nigga.jpg
240KB, 768x432px
>Opponent is playing Bant CoCo and has 4 manas untapped
>It's your attacking phase
>declare blockers phase it taps for Coco
>2 of this Niggers drop pop out

How are you feeling?
>>
>>46772442
I feel ready to drop my Declaration in Stone on his niggers on the second mainphase because im not a retard that uses a lot of creatures.
>>
File: Nice board faggot.png (1MB, 908x1116px) Image search: [Google]
Nice board faggot.png
1MB, 908x1116px
>>46772442
I feel like a retard because I seemed to have passed priority without negating / clash of willsing the coco
>>
>>46752892
Why negate over clash of wills? Clash is more flexible and the spells you're afraid of are the ones the enemy taps out for anyway
>>
File: welcome to magic.png (388KB, 1296x696px) Image search: [Google]
welcome to magic.png
388KB, 1296x696px
I really like looking at the endgame boardstate and reading how the fight went down. There was an intense struggle, and in the end someone prevailed.

This guy was new to cockatrice and he had what was probably his most unexpected loss 25+ turns in.
>>
Is there anyway way to build a viable Madness Burn deck, or is Burn just too slow for this format?
>>
File: coco.jpg (148KB, 700x450px) Image search: [Google]
coco.jpg
148KB, 700x450px
>>46770952
>>
File: Nahiri-the-Harbringer.jpg (24KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
Nahiri-the-Harbringer.jpg
24KB, 223x311px
>>46772717
Avacyn's Judgement, Firecraft, Fiery Temper, Ravenous Bloodseeker, Nahiri, chandra, titan's strength, declaration?
>>
>>46768733
>>46772590
This too.
>>
>>46772834
Tried RB Madness but it was too slow.

I dont think that this is any better.
>>
>>46772859
I'm personally looking at trying impact tremors plus secure the wastes. Maybe a gideon and 4x oath of gideon and 4x dragon fodder as well. The gibbering fiends and devil token generator cards from SOI might look into that as well as eerie interludes to bounce my creatures that aren't tokens
>>
>>46769589

I have posted my budget shitbrew just before SOI hit. Now it's worth like 3-4 times as much as it was a human white weenie. I wonder where're people who told me it's gonna be a bad deck as esper control will rule the game.
>>
In the Battle for Zendikar fat packs, do the land packs come with at least one of each art?
>>
>>46757277

Are you me anon?

>Get interested into G/W humans, as I love tribal jank
>Buy some cards at prerelease from other players
>Buy other cards day 1
>The deck pretty much builds itself (as long as you aren't retarded and you don't deliberately play bad)
>Play G/W humans during the release day
>Week later, scg tournament happened, half of the store is playing W or WU humans
>Some fat guy is getting mad at me as it's "another human netdeck trash"
>Tfw I made this deck myself from the very beginning
>>
>>46763567

I prefer coco spring to 4 color madness powered by babyjace.
>>
>>46772834
>>46772926
this was my route as well. Add in chandra, secure the wastes, impact tremors, dragon fodder, devil's playground and pyromancers goggles.
>>
File: nahiri.jpg (2MB, 1200x1593px) Image search: [Google]
nahiri.jpg
2MB, 1200x1593px
>>46773185
>>46772926
>>46772834
>>46772717
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/100-problems-standard/
Burn?
>>
>>46773076
>CoCo Spring 3 color is better than CoCo Winter 4 color was
well you're right but you're also not saying much
>>
So I'm going to my first GP in Minneapolis in late may. I want to compete in the main event, but i dont want to run a meme deck like bant company. I was thinking Sultai eldrazi or G/B eldrazi. Of course, I'm oprn to suggestions but im more about enjoying the deck than winning.
>>
>>46772999
I don't know, I would assume so.

But get an Oath fat pack instead, it has the same land pack
>>
>>46773346
If you wanted to go tremors route then just run fucking tokens instead of this retarded shit.

Something like 4x wastes 4x fodder 4x pia and kiran and a bunch of 1 drops
>>
>>46773346
I'd swap Avacyns Judgment for Fall of the Titans. Surge cost be easier to play than the madness cost being there are only 3 discard enablers in Nahiri, lightning axe, and tormenting voice
>>
>>46773555
i tweaked it to maximize the tokens but i like the idea of burn over onedrops and it's kinda the point of the exercise so there ya go
>>
File: almsofthevein[1].jpg (41KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
almsofthevein[1].jpg
41KB, 265x370px
>>46773668
Did you take this card into consideration? Its the main reason why I wanted to try RB Madness.
>>
>>46773531
and better cards
>>
>>46773717
I did but I'm staying out of three colors. It's a clear addition if you're going to do it though you'll have to actually care about the madness part of this deck.
>>
Keep opening W equipment based cards, does anyone think there could be something to build these into? I.e Millitant inquisitor, open the armory, strength of arms, true faith censor
>>
>>46773744
and it's cheaper
>>
>>46774236
Avacynian missionaries as well. Some of these cards are doing something Godsend price went up a bit
>>
So when you use tamiyos journal to sacrifice three clues at once and have the whenever you sacrifice a clue target player discards three cards from top of library enchantment out, does the enchantment activate three times or just once?
>>
>>46774576
The enchantment triggers three times.
>>
>>46774576
Why would it trigger once.

You sacrificed three clues, it triggers three times.

It has to say something like whenver One or more clues are sacrificed, or something like that.
>>
>>46774576
Oh and you have to stack your triggers properly.

So if you decide to search for a card first you technically missed all three mill triggers.
>>
>>46774675
Why would he miss triggers. That's not how the stack works.
>>
>>46772680
What's Cockatrice?
>>
>>46774923
The budget version of xMage. a proper MTGO alternative.
>>
>>46774750
>Use Tamiyo's Book
>Search effect goes on stack
>Sacked three clues, three mill triggers go on stack
>Decide to search first
>"Judge, my opponent skipped the mill triggers"
>get a warning from it
>>
>>46775055
>Use Tamiyo's Book
>Search effect goes on stack
>Sacked three clues, three mill triggers go on stack
>Because they trigger at the same you decide which one goes first.
>Use Taimyo's Book first
>Taimyo's trigger resolves
>Mill triggers happen afterwards.
>>
>>46774923
online program to play tcgs
>>
>>46775207
Holy fucking shit sacing this clues is part of the cost paid as you place tamiyo's journal activation on the stack ithe is already on the stack when the clue sacrifice triggers happen you don't get to reorder them you fucking God damn brainless retard learn the rules of the fucking game. People like you are why Wotc keeps dumbing shit down
>>
>>46774656
That's what I figured, some hambeast was arguing that it only counted as one instance and started throwing a literal fit when I started arguing about the whenever part of the enchantment.
he scooped four turns later and slammed the door as he left
>>
>>46775207
One is an activated ability and one is a triggered ability. The triggered ability goes on the stack regardless, but it WILL go on top of the activated ability.

Christ some of you /tg/ players are fucking retards. In a REL tournament I would make sure that you get a warning and hopefully a game loss if you pull that shit again.
>>
>>46775303
But thats wrong you dumb fuck. You sac three clues as part of the cost and then both effects go on the stack at the same time, you choose whatever you want to resolve first. :^)
>>
>>46775354
>REL
>Punishing people for misunderstanding a non-intuitive rules interaction

u wot m8
>>
>>46774992
>>46775243
Is it free? Are the cards free?
>>
>>46775432
The difference one ability is triggered and the other one is activated

The activated ability is already on the stack when you pay for its costs

The triggered ability goes on the stack afterwards (because it was triggered by the paying of the cost), meaning that its resolution before the activated one is mandatory
>>
>>46775505
Why don't you use the 10 seconds it tool you writing that and putting the captcha to go on google and write xmage and click on the literal first link that appears there?

xmage.de
>>
>>46775505
Yes, both Cockatrice and XMage are free. They have the entire card database and you can build the decks out of any cards you want. They operate in a legal gray area and from what I gather they only exist because their userbase isn't large enough.

Cockatrice doesn't have any rules enforcement, meaning that it's up to the two players to play the game properly, keeping track of triggers, damage and interactions between cards (so for example after blockers you must manually move cards to graveyard, and you can draw and shuffle the library whenever you want, not just when dictated by cards - there's a game log telling you whenever this happens so there's no chance of your opponent stacking the deck without you knowing it). Normally this isn't a problem but every now and then you'll encounter someone who doesn't understand how his / your cards work and won't admit to being in the wrong.

XMage has coded-in rules enforcement, meaning it resolves effects and interactions between cards on its own. It also has native support for drafts and sealed events
>>
>>46775432
When the condition for a triggered ability is met the actual object (the triggered ability) won't be placed on the stack until the next time state-based actions are checked and players are able to receive priority. State-based actions are not checked during the steps when costs are paid for a spell or ability. The clue sacrifice triggers CANNOT go on the stack until tamiyo's journal's ability is already on the stack and therefore the order of resolution cannot be changed.

Please learn the rules before you speak nonsense. Magic is a serious game.
>>
>>46775583
Basically Cockatrice is the hipsters choice for online MtG.

It's like playing a Roguelike with native graphical tileset but instead opt for the ugly ascii tileset. xMage makes it extremely easy to get into the game by doing the whole mechanics and interactions for you but theres always that retard who prefers to stroke his cock over using the overly complicated alternative that provides literally no upsides.
>>
>>46775687
I prefer Cockatrice because it's not made in fucking Java and because there's a local community built around playtesting in cockatrice and nobody really wants to migrate
>>
>>46775583
Wow, Xmage sounds great. Now I can test out my brews without dropping $500 on garbage. Thanks.
>>
>>46736988
Is Westvale Abbey good?

I just cracked one out of an impulse buy Fat Pack.
>>
>>46768177
coco is format warping desu
>>
>>46769589
>get into modern.
And hope your key card isn't banned on 2-3 months and you need to spend another grand-5 grand
>>
>>46775968
It is okay and has very little opportunity cost, so short answer yes since you can play it in pretty much any deck and have the deck be better.
>>
>>46775354
you sound like an autist who can't handle losing to someone less autistic. i know you're right and you still sound like a lonely faggot.
>>
>>46776033
Cool.

Never played Magic before and my stupid brain told me to buy a fat pack instead of another box of marines so I have no idea what I actually pulled.
>>
>>46775687
cokatrice is for people who want to know more about the game and try shit out, the superior community aside it's hipster trash as a program

xmage is populated by tryhard cryhards with no imagination and an awful understanding of the stack
>>
>>46776092
fat packs are good because you're getting land but they're the least cost efficient way to pull cards.

If you're looking to make a particular deck, go singles.

If you're looking for a plurality of cards, get a box (of innistrad or oath)
>>
>>46775583
>They operate in a legal gray area and from what I gather they only exist because their userbase isn't large enough.
Cockatrice was C&D'd like 4 years ago by Hasbro.

Pretty sure they both exist still because they are both operating in countries that aren't total slaves to copyright law
>>
>>46776151
Good to know, thanks.
>>
>>46776151
I like personally buying packs to get every piece of the deck type present in the set ie the commons/uncommon. I then use that usually to base what decks I want to build and use pucatrade to setup specific cards I might need. I feel like buying singles takes away the feeling of opening a pack in surprise or disappointment.
>>
>>46776225
I'm that guy >>46776151 and I've bought three fat packs out of the last two sets so I'm clearly not against them. I get a single box of each set and try to trade into as much as I can to make what I want.
>>
>>46776065
>"l-l-lol you f-f-fell for my bait!"
>>
I personally like to sit at a table with a full playset of all the cards in front of me and then put together the deck from there admittedly it is rather expensive to be able to do that.
>>
>>46776283
I bought 5 fat packs of SOI and a booster box so far. Nothing beats opening a pack to me really. Looking at getting oath watch booster and a second SOI maybe origins booster
>>
>>46776334
How do you do it man?

every time I even buy a single booster, I regret it.

And then I do it again weeks later.
>>
>>46776326
That isn't what he said, you know.
>>
>>46776391
I opened a couple boosters, got an unmaking and the GW dual.
>>
I opened a few more boosters today.

I got x2 Cryptolith Rite
x1 Traverse the Ulvenwald
x1 Thalia's Lieutenant
x1 Westvale Abbey
x1 Drownyard Temple
x1 Port Town
x1 Game Trail
x1 Fortified Village
x1 Olivia, Mobilized for War
x1 Inovcation of Saint Traft
>>
I've opened 20 packs and have gotten 3 harness the storms.
>>
>>46776391
I've got 8 walkers so far from SOI and bunch of TITI and declarations. SOI has been good to me. And I have expendable income
>>
>>46747095
dont you want lightning axe to make better use of madness?Exquisite Firecraft seems like sideboard
Drana should be main. kalitas too
why no falkenrath gorger or asylum visitor?
They are much better than thornbow archer and olivias bloodsworn
>>
>>46776391
I'm>>46776883
But yeah every time I go to a store with cards I have to get a pack or fat pack. It's literally like a drug no joke
>>
>>46776561
>Few boosters.
>>
>>46776967
yeah like 20. i opened 16 the other day from a box and just decided to open the other 20 today
>>
>>46776930
You're like me with Warhammer.

>Walk into store
>Walk by warhammer section
>Feel my wallet burning in my pocket
>Later on the train looking at the 1-3 boxes and questioning my life

Every time. With magic it doesn't happen, which surprises me.
>>
Would a WG delirium deck be viable in a non-competitive scene? I really want to use some Paranoid Parish-Blades.
>>
>>46776283
I bought one fatpack per set since fate reforged and they look very nice when all together.
>>
>>46777094
probably, you could have the ooze and the soul swallower in there too as well as topplegeist, which is really surprisingly oppressive with delirium.
>>
>>46777010
I wish I was rich enough to impulse spend hundreds of dollars and have it not really mean much
>>
>>46777417
I'm not rich.

I'm a college student who gets given ~2000 dollars every semester as leftover money from his scholarship that is an impulsive as fuck spender.
>>
>>46777453
If you have 2000 dollars of money you can waste and not feel all that bad about, you're better off than like 70% of the people in my area
>>
>>46777577
It'll come crashing down on me eventually, don't worry.
>>
>>46777277
Toppelgeist is really good, and blob is pretty awesome. The problem is finding good activators. I was thinking of running some evolving wilds and warped lands.
>>
>>46777769
Yeah I think running the wild-field is also a good idea.
>>
>>46777769
Vessel of Nascency gets like 3-4 card types on the graveyard on turn 2 for like 1->2 mana.
>>
Thinking about swapping out the Chandras for Jori En. Any opinions?

Creatures (14)
4 Jace, Vryn's Prodigy
2 Chandra, Fire of Kaladesh
4 Thunderbreak Regent
4 avarice dragon

Sorcery (7)
3 Vessel of Voility
4 Tormenting Voice

Instant (14)
2 Lightning axe
4 Fiery Temper
4 Draconic Roar
4 Atarka's Command

Artifact (3)
3 Pyromancer's Goggles

Lands (19/22)
2/4 Game Trail
2 Cinder Glade
4 Shivan Reef
1/2 Wandering Fumarole
10 Mountains

Sideboard (15)
3 Radiant Flames
2 Goblin Dark-Dwellers
3 Exquisite Firecraft
2 Dispel
2 Negate
1 Dragonlord Atarka
2 Arlinn Kord
>>
>>46778216
Ignore the slashes those are my aquired count.
>>
>>46778023
Good idea! I'll add in a couple.
>>
>>46777147
i use the origins boxes of lili and chandra sidebyside with nissa's oath stretched out beneath them
Thread posts: 332
Thread images: 39

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.