[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are there any magical axes in mythology or legend? Wikipedia

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: Gal Gimli 03.jpg (153KB, 1000x725px) Image search: [Google]
Gal Gimli 03.jpg
153KB, 1000x725px
Are there any magical axes in mythology or legend? Wikipedia gives me nothing.
>>
>>46730807
The Slavic god Perun had an axe, I believe, the Axe of Perun is a pendant old Slav warriors were buried with.
>>
>>46730807
One of the Aztec, or maybe Mayan, gods of thunder used an axe.
>>
Axes were early dark ages of earlier peasant weapons so I doupt you'll find anything. Anytime afterward swords were so ubiquitous axes were just a tool and backup.

Basically, the axe was the weapon of the dude too poor to have more than a pot-pan worth of iron, and basically never steel because you can't just melt/recycle thay.
>>
>>46731298
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chaac
>>
>>46731366
Bingo
>>
>>46731366
>>46731366
>>46731298

To be fair though, its a woodman's axe since he split clouds like one split logs.
>>
>>46731366
>>46731298
mfw people still play that shit-tier moba
>>
>>46731626
What.
>>
The Minoan Labrys was associated with a number of divinities and held religious significance.
>>
>>46731626
Ancient aztec history? Damn, where do I register?
>>
>>46731664
I bet he's talking about SMITE, which isn't specific to any mythology as it is a moba about various gods. It also apparently at some point got all of the actual information about the gods ripped out and made more generic, because people complained that their version of Kali Ma was not respectful as it showed too much skin. The irony of course was that their Kali Ma was actually wearing more clothing than most religious depictions of her, in that she is usually depicted as wearing severed body parts and basically no clothing at all.
>>
>>46731779
>moba
Shit, why don't they make a god fighting game? I like the concept, but hate the genre.
>>
Note that axes meant to be tools are much heavier and cumbersome than military axes.
>>
>>46730807
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_mythological_objects#Axes_and_Hammers
Wikipedia's a hell of a drug.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.