[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I come to you with hat in hand, kneeling in supplication. I've

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1

File: photo-original.png (4MB, 1536x1152px) Image search: [Google]
photo-original.png
4MB, 1536x1152px
I come to you with hat in hand, kneeling in supplication.

I've started playing Fate of the Norns: Ragnarok. I bought the physical book (for a comically high price) and now I want more, but can't afford them. Looking for Fafnir's Treasure and Denizens of the North. I've scoured the internet for hours but to no avail, my fate is in your hands.
>>
Here's Fafnir's Treasure

http://www.fateofthenorns.com/stuff/FOTNR_Saga_Fafnirs_Treasure.pdf
>>
>>46723087
Ah, shit that's just a preview
>>
>>46723052

so how good is this? I honestly didn't know about this, but now that i do and i've read a bit, i'm starting to really want it. is it worth?
>>
>>46724904
I like it a lot. Really feels Norse and dramatic. It's a little crunchy for my taste, but I think it makes up for it with beautiful art, excellent lore and some cool mechanics
>>
>>46724961

Hows the runic system?
>>
>>46724991
Good! I quite like it, but its a bit of a mind shift from numeric systems. Once you play once or twice, you start to get a feel for it and once you do, it fits the theme really well
>>
>>46725029

How does it work exactly? i was reading some stuff but it was vague and confusing as all get out. One thing i read is that there is a fuck-ton of options and variation, so you don't just get shoe-horned into the same stuff over and over. True?
>>
>>46725052
So you have a character sheet (which is beautiful and looks like the World Tree).

Your character has Essence and Destiny, two factors that control how many runes you have, and how many you draw each action. You place them into an 'in hand' section, and then you can use those runes to power your abilities, be they attacks, spells, skills or anything else.

Damage involves taking random runes from the bag and moving them down the damage track each time you get hit.

There is a non linear skill tree that you go through with characters, which is really cool and gives a lot of variety.

Characters progress mostly through DYING, which is viking as fuck. If your character dies and has a gnarly funeral, then your next character may get more options.
>>
>>46725143

That sounds fucking awesome. Have you played? If you have could i hear a bit about your character and whats gone down? moments of glory if you've had any (its a viking as fuck rpg, course you have).
>>
>>46723052
So have anyone played it?

Tell us your experience and comparission with D&D.
>>
>>46728375
Read the thread maybe? A guy just wrote out a huge paragraph about it
>>
>>46728381
he wrote about how the system works. ANd that it felt crunchy.

I want to hear about his play experience.

Have the players enjoyed it? DId the alck of colorful mosnters bored them?
>>
I would really love to get Fotn:R but the price really is damn high.
like 270$ for the boxed set with international shipping.
But in and on itself I don't think the 60-80$ for the core book are way to much, since it has really much and very good art. Pretty much one of the most beautiful books I know.

Also, revisiting the homepage, I saw that they do a retelling of the edda with their glorious art. I'm fucking hype for that I guess.
>>
>>46728892
Man, I'm the anon who removed the watermarks from a pdf copy of this game a couple years ago, and I'm really kicking myself for not saving a copy for myself afterwards.
>>
>>46729154
Hang in there famalam, I'll upload it for you
>>
>>46729174
That'd be mighty decent of you, anon.

I never saved any of the games that I stripped.
>>
>>46729213
takes a while, shit's big and my connection not that fast.
And I first started uploading the wrong stuff
>>
>>46729213
Finished, that's all I have.
http://tempsend.com/1E4BA893DD
>>
>>46729651
Thanks anon, I won't be able to download it for eight hours, but I appreciate it!
>>
>>46729687
Well, it's up for a day.
If you can't make it in time, ask in a PDF share thread, I might catch it with a some luck
>>
>>46729687
>>46729774
FYI, there's a megatrove that gets posted in PDF share threads all the time that contains FotN, just grabbed it last night to see if I want to drop 60 dollarydoos on the book. Looking like a yes once I get my next pay check.
>>
>>46729651
>http://tempsend.com/1E4BA893DD
Anon, you are the king of my heart. Thank you so much
>>
>>46725260
Yeah I've played it a few times.

What I love about it is that minor encounters are still cinematic as fuck because of the way the powers work.

We had a funeral, which was probably the best part of the game so far. Our companion, an ulfhednar, had fallen, and we stood around his body which sat on a boat stacked with wood. We recounted his heroic deeds, put our most valued item on there with him.

"Woe to the world, for a hero leaves it. Bresi once leaped from a longship onto the shore into a shield wall, knocking it apart with his sheer ferocity"

And so on. Every time we recount and awesome deed, a rune is drawn, and if it matches what the Norn draws, Bresi's next character levels up.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.