[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

There are chainswords, and I presume some form of light saber

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: High_frequency_blades.jpg (11KB, 250x188px) Image search: [Google]
High_frequency_blades.jpg
11KB, 250x188px
There are chainswords, and I presume some form of light saber type weapon, and there are power weapons.

Are there any high frequency/vibro blades in 40K? Owned by the Imperium, the Eldar, Tau or other?
>>
>>46701133
in the first Horus heresy book, the combat blade used by the protagonist is described as having a button activation that causes it to vibrate white hot or some such
>>
>>46701133
Almost certainly somewhere.
Default, in the RPGs 'mono', as in monomolecular edge, can be applied as an upgrade to any primitive weapon and they're even cheaper than chainswords.
>>
>>46701133
Yeah, but they're not all that great. Case in point, Tona Criid has a vibro-knife in Necropolis. Considering she's just your average ganger, and they have trouble getting nice things, it's far from a power weapon -- if you know what I mean.
>>
>>46701603
>>46701617
So monomolecular blades, check.
And some allusion to vibro blades.

What sort of stats did it have in the tabletop RPG? I'm very interested on this.

Also to contrast, what would an adamantium sword cost and weigh?
>>
>>46701740
>What sort of stats did it have in the tabletop RPG? I'm very interested on this.

Don't be. It removes the primitive tag (so it does normal damage) and adds 2 penetration. They're MASSIVELY underpowered. Lasguns and most mono weapons if translated from the RPG to the TT would be str 1, and bolters and space marine melee weapons str 3.
>>
>>46701793
I wouldn't call them "massively underpowered." They're good for the first quarter or so of a Dark Heresy campaign. The mono upgrade serves its purpose for a time.
>>
So what are some non-chain melee weapons of high strength that aren't chainswords?

Suppose someone made a monomolecular weapon with adamantium edges and blades? What would the theoretical strength/cutting power be?
>>
Sollex-Aegis Energy Blade

Class: Melee (Power)

A product of information obtained from the Aegis Data Fragment and utilizing the properties of the Sollex focusing crystals, this is one of the rarest type of weapons in the Imperium---a blade of coherent high-energy plasma which materializes from the armored hilt as a blazing, roaring column of blue-white fire. Devastatingly powerful, only a few Sollex-Aegis energy blades are held by individuals outside of the Mechanicus, and their secrets are little understood even by their makers in the mysterious Tech-Priest sect of Sollex. Although potent beyond even most power weapons, they can also prove treacherous to the unwary as the energy blade can fluctuate, the laser containment fail or the insubstantial blade slip unexpectedly.

Whenever a wielder successfully Parries another weapon while using an energy blade and succeeds with two or more degrees of success, the wielder automatically destroys the other weapon. While the energy blade does have a degree of density and mass, physical force applied to the swing contributes nothing to the weapon effect and the wielder’s Strength Bonus does not increase its Damage. Should an Attack or Parry attempt with one of these weapons suffer a failure by five or more degrees, resolve the energy blade’s Damage against the wielder.

Owing to the harsh actinic light and furnace-blast roar that the blade produces, the wielder cannot attempt to be stealthy while it is switched on. Additionally, the blade consumes canister fuel, just as a plasma pistol does, with each canister worn on the belt and fed via a cable to the hilt (good for 10 rounds of continuous operation).

Melee, 1d10+6, E, PEN 7, Balanced, Power Field, WT 1kg, Cost 5,000, Very Rare
>>
>>46701977
interesting!

Are there any weapons or upgrades or functions that let a Psyker fuel their weapons with just psy power stuff?
>>
>>46701856
>They're good

"Good" is a gross exaggeration. They will eventually kill unarmored humans (in about 3 hits) or flak jacketed types in about 4 hits. You miss about half the time, so that's about 6-8 rounds. They're amazingly bad weapons. The FFG Imperium is criminally incompetent to give its soldiers such worthless weapons.

I can't remember if great weapons are in DH but they're OKAY in Only War (typically 2d10+3 pen 2 or so), which means you might be able to kill a human in one hit, which means you'll probably kill a human every 2 rounds.

The main weapons in 40krpg are anything with accuracy (greater hit and frequently a 3d10 damage roll with +20 to hit, assuming move-aiming), flamers (the most stupidly huge area effect weapons imaginable, virtually any monster touched by one curls up into a ball and weeps), and shocking/concussive weaponry.
>>
>>46702039
Well, force swords etc. Also, there's a power in DH core that lets them make a magic sword out of thin air based off either psy rating or willpower, forget which.
>>
>>46702078
Any powers that let them enhance regular weapons temporarily?
>>
>>46702055
The average weapon in Dark Heresy is, like, 1d10+5 Pen 5. You can get better weapons like plasma and power weapons, but it's typically not til later (unless one of your players is an Inquisitor, which can help). Mono still has a use in it, especially if you're trying to stick with Covert.
>>
>>46702361
You don't need to wait particularly long to get basic accurate weapons or flame weapons, and krak grenades are damn cheap. They are supposedly anti vehicle weapons but they're more something you need if you want to kill people in one hit (you gotta overcome their wounds+toughness+5 or so on an average result to kill people most of the time).
>>
>>46703266
it's sounding like flame throwers and grenades are the best weapons if you're in a serious jam.
>>
>>46703313
Agreed. Krak grenades are weird because they don't have splash damage. I envision something like a cross between a Halo plasma grenade and a thermite charge, sticks to someone and burns a hole through him.
>>
Nah, eviscerators and ask dm to use chain weapon expertise from only war. 10 + 3d10 keeping the two highest. With a pen of 10. Finger licking good
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.