[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How would you handle a Sburb tabletop game?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 5

File: 1460672167915.png (1MB, 814x962px) Image search: [Google]
1460672167915.png
1MB, 814x962px
How would you handle a Sburb tabletop game?
>>
People still care about that shitty webcomic?
>>
>>46677846
It just ended so yes
>>
>>46677858
>SECOND
YOU AUTISTIC FUCKING PIECE OF SHIT

THIS IS WHY PAGE PLAYERS ARE THE WORST
>>
>>46677858
fourteenth for knight of time
>>
>>46677852
Oh thank god. That means only two more weeks before it's forgotten by everyone and disappears forever.
>>
>>46677858
FUCK ME SIDEWAYS

>>46677882
FUCK YOU IN GENERAL
>>
>>46677901
>>46677882
dudes calm down
>>
Page of Space here, for some reason.
>>
Very carefully. Everyone would have to be 100% on their characters before it began, since there's really no good way to introduce new characters. Then character death becomes a problem. At least with that there are like what, 8 different ways to revive?

>>46677892
Sorry man, the ending was total garbage so now you have to wait for the epilogue that will fix everything, right? And then after that there's the game.

knight of hope master race
>>
File: groucho-marx-glasses-nose.jpg (57KB, 425x282px) Image search: [Google]
groucho-marx-glasses-nose.jpg
57KB, 425x282px
>>46677882
I know right?
Those pages, the weeny poopy-diaper crybabies
Just the worst.
Not like a MAGE, which I am.
Mages are awesome. By deduction I'm amazing and also magic. Not like those pages, clearly.
>>
Friendly reminder this should really be in >>>/trash/

>>46677892
Oh sweet summer child

The ride never ends
>>
>>46677882
AYO RUN THAT BACK

TELL THAT TO ME WHEN WE SQUAD DEEP NIGGA WE GON LET LOSE ON Y'ALL

PAGESQUAD WWA
>>
Resident knight of doom.
should have a pretty easy run of it with this session.

I'll make a protege out of page of blood yet
>>
>>46677892
Like how people still aren't mad over me3 right?
>>
>>46677892
I hate to break it to you but 8-Bit Theater ended years ago and it keeps getting dredged up on semi-regular basis until today.
>>
Archagents and Exiles should be fluff. They should have as little real impact to the game as possible, SBURB is complex enough as is.
>>
File: 1456219906493.jpg (55KB, 279x481px) Image search: [Google]
1456219906493.jpg
55KB, 279x481px
>Hussie will never release an extensive guide on Sburb, Classpects, and game mechanics such as alchemization.
>He will never release a guide on how to determine your World, Title, or Dreaming Planet.

It's like he doesn't want our money.
Thief of Hope represent.

>>46677961
/trash/ will be our final resort if the Mods demand it.
>>
>>46677959
Careful on what you say, mage. One of this pages might kick your ass.
>>
>>46677968
AYYY NIGGA LETS EXPLOIT OUR ASPECTS N SHIT AND 9/11 DERSE
>>
>>>/trash/2326752
>>
>>46678022
fuck you i already made one
>>>/trash/2326749
>>>/trash/2326749
>>>/trash/2326749
>>>/trash/2326749

>>46677992
this is the only HS related thing i would spend money on anymore. a complete SBURB game guide. fuck i'd mark so hard for that
>>
File: 1397767347804.pdf (1B, 486x500px)
1397767347804.pdf
1B, 486x500px
Bard of Light, posting some junk.
>>
>>46678022
disregard
>>>/trash/2326749
>>
Someone had an idea to run it in FATE with Kind Abstrati and aspects as Skills, that could work.
>>
>>46677828
This topic comes up periodically in the Homestuck fandom, and the general consensus is that it won't really work. If you absolutely insist, just get a GM who's got a universal system they like and adapt it yourselves, but honestly Homestuck works better for Freeform RP than it does for a TTRPG

>>46677992
Hussie actually once mentioned he'd like to do that during a Q&A on his tumblr. This was years ago, though, no way of knowing if he actually plans on it.
>>
>>46677985

Or firefly.
>>
With tongs and a hazmat suit
>>
Bard of Doom, still thinking about prototyping with a Carapacian
>>
>>46679030
The issue is getting one before getting in the game. Unless you're in a Roxy situation.
>>
Seer of Void, how fare ye comrades.

I feel like all you really need is a generic narrative driven system. Anything too complex will make Pathfinder look like a fucking one page system.

I feel like it would have a lot of potential with the right people though, especially if Hussie ever came out with a book or something to quantify a lot of unknowns in the setting considering the kid's session is by its nature incredibly unique.

Then again such a book is against the spirit of the narrative in a way.

>>46678175

You'd think that but the freeform community for Homestuck is probably as convoluted as the comic itself.
>>
>>46679221
Was a big part of it for a while. Had fun.
>>
OP I would start by looking through the archive for the other 10 million threads made on the subject in the last 7 years.

If you honestly can't be assed or lack the critical thinking skills necessary to locate and search the archive, just use GURPS.
>>
>>46677999
Neither of you could touch a Heir of Time
>>
>>46677828
Godbound
>>
>>46679064
Don't the moons have transportalizers?
>>
>>46677828

By sending all players to siberia

Inviting them is trick to find kulak who would play such thing
>>
>>46679293
Prince of Mind here, bitch. How did that time machine work again?
>>
>>46677828
I've never read it so in a word, poorly.
>>
>>46677852
Finally. Now I can binge the rest of the story.

I stopped at the scene just after the final boss put on his puppet show. Would it take a month to get through the rest of it?
>>
>>46678044
lolfuck. I was just trying to get assets together to get a campaign going and you post this. Thanks.
>>
>>46686367
I think the rest is about 4 hours long or less.
>>
>All these Anons who somehow know their role and aspect
>I'm in the dark about mine
>haven't even finished the series, planning to binge through it all sometime

Why.
>>
>>46677828
I'd follow this >>46678044 rule set. It's a lot more fleshed out than the one I was looking at a few hours ago. Seems complicated at first but is actually pretty simple.

I'll probably sleep on this info and get started on building a session for some people tomorrow. Well, not "tomorrow" but when I wake up.
>>
Some of my friends and I actually played a Homestuck RPG a few years ago. The rules were a little weird: all complex actions use a quirky confres that utilized a deck of cards. Suits determined tier of success, numbers and faces were your actual number, basically. Still, we set out with a terrifying 9 players and managed to get into the Medium, whereupon player infighting and general lack of interest from the two DMs made it all collapse.

I made a pretty piss-poor character, desu. Freddy Xavier, essentially a mashup of Dave's attitude with Rose's interests, and a healthy heap of grimdark and magic thrown in. An... Heir of Blood, I think? I still don't understand necessarily how you determine what your class and aspect are from your history and personality, but that was something I was gonna rock via attained powers. (This was back before Act 5 had even ended, so the ruleset didn't even know what all the classes were "really" like.)

There was an interesting occurrence, though: a lot of the character interaction had happened outside the game in-channel (irc, natch) as "pesterchum," and it was determined that if anyone was gonna snap under pressure, it'd be Freddy, who was crushing on the resident weeaboo (who secretly was crushing on the resident skeptic intellectual asshole). We proceeded to write about 5 separate stories on what would happen if Freddy went Grimdark, as a proposed Doomed Timeline.

Some time later, while actually using the silly Pesterchum.exe program someone had written, just chillin' about, I was messaged out of the blue. Huh. That's weird. Just a random message. I don't remember the names off the top of my head, but essentially some people were setting up a completely random ARG-like RP where they messaged people and ran through this story about destroying Skaia and moving on to serve some Doc-Scratch-like entity in destroying the Four Suns (adding more than just the Green! Huh.)

Cont'd
>>
2/? Cont'd

So it was that for the next few weeks, I'd plop down in front of my laptop and get on Pesterchum, waiting with bated breath for that little "ping" of someone in the OtherGame to contact me. They all remained incredibly tight-lipped about who they were, what they were doing, even a few times answering my OOC queries with IC responses, then ending the chat. It was mysterious, it was breathtaking, it was enticing. It kept my attention, easily.

Finally, one of the players broke, after a particularly depressing segment where someone died in front of Freddy, leaving him on a ship headed for the Red(?) Sun. Turns out it was some kind of experimental RP thing a dude and his gf had concocted, and that it might not last much longer, because they'd need to move out of their apartment soon. Still, I thanked them for a wonderful time, and gave my heartfelt encouragement to continue.

Haven't heard from them since.
>>
>>46677828
HERESY? ON MY BOARD?
GO BACK TO TUMBLR, FAGGOTS
>>
File: Freddy.jpg (20KB, 184x390px) Image search: [Google]
Freddy.jpg
20KB, 184x390px
Ah, I found my old pesterchum logs that I copied over when my MacBook from college finally gave out. Listing in alphabetical order, because idgaf about trying to list these in importance:

adulatingColleage
cogentedFrondeur
deceitfulConfidant
discontentItinerant
ebullientAssailant - the aforementioned gf
militantExemplar
multifariousPerceptor
namelessPanderer - the one who started it all
nescientProletariat
ostentatiousGuardian - aforementioned First Guardiant, like Doc Scratch
temerariousCorsair

and of course, myself, atramentousProspect

Maybe some day I'll make a thread detailing everything that happened. Maybe some day I can find these people again and catch up as online buddies. But for now, I'll stop hogging the thread. Here's a pic of Freddy drawn by one of our players.
>>
A game about Derse, Prospit, Exiles and Skaia would be so much better than a game about the actual "players"
>>
>>46677828
I wouldn't.
Working to destroy all life on earth would be a better use of my time than doing that
>>
Feature-based is the way to go. I'm running one in GURPS.
>>
>>46686506
There's all kinds of shit you can look at that's based on personality tests and shit. It's all user made though so take the reliability of them with a grain of salt.
Thread posts: 52
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.