[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Would you let someone play a fox person in your game?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 12

File: 1457648381236.png (524KB, 928x1250px) Image search: [Google]
1457648381236.png
524KB, 928x1250px
Would you let someone play a fox person in your game?
>>
My game has no fox persons, so no.
>>
If it was a game where fox people were a valid PC race both in flavour and rules terms, yes.

If the former were true and the latter not, I would help.them find a "counts as" race to reskin.

If it didn't fit the story or the group dynamic, I would not. A mythology or fantasy or soft SF game is more likely to have such a character fit than a modern day military one, or a 40k game.

Always make sure as a DM your players are clear on the nature of your game and encourage everyone to make characters together with you present to answer questions.
>>
If they had a good reason for it, sure. My worlds usually have 3-5 base playable races, but I can always work in special snowflakes. But I find most players who pick edgy races only want them because they're edgy, which is a bad roleplaying mindset.
>>
There are no fox people in the setting so no. Also, why do you need to be a fox person? All the players I've met who wanted to be kitsune or fox person were terrible players.
>>
>>46646668
This.
If it's allowed I'd play one. I wouldn't go against the setting just for a race that doesn't exist.
>>
If they read up on relevant lore I'd be fine with it. I'm not really expecting them to be perfect copies of the NPCs of any given race but I want players to understand why everyone in setting is going to treat them like a sneaky cowardly bastard.
>>
Yeah, as long as fox people are a thing which exists or could plausibly exist in the setting, and your character isn't going to be annoying, disruptive, or a chance for you to force other people into your sexual fantasies.
>>
>>46646618
How many times did we have this thread already?
>>
>>46646618
Only if they're a fuckable femboy.
And I mean the player.
>>
I would require the person to provide a decription on how their fox race fits into my setting. As long as it was well explained I would allow it.

Would automatically say no if their first sentence was "they were hidden from the other races forever and recently discovered"
>>
File: PURPLED.png (556KB, 763x902px) Image search: [Google]
PURPLED.png
556KB, 763x902px
yes
>>
File: Carlana does not understand.gif (2MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
Carlana does not understand.gif
2MB, 320x240px
>>46646618
>>46646618 (OP)
The angry elven magus was ok.

The paladin with a special knight order who rode griffons? ...Acceptable, because of the setting.

The TF2 heavy, except with a hat of disguise and a fairy instead of a parrot? ...Well, it wasn't too out there.

Swordsage of divine power? Fine.

Drunken asian waitress/showgirl who turns out to be able to throw people through buildings due to drunk-powers? Starting to get a bit out there.

Kitsune assassin from not!Asia? Well, the above was just ok, so that kind of answers OP's question.

The paladin's kid sister who's even MORE of a hardass and was part of a shamanic special forces unit after being left for dead by clockwork monsters? Where exactly are you getting all your idea- ok, ok, I can make this work.

....Private eye detective who was previously working for the enemy nation and is also a crack shot? Really- no, fine, I can handle it.

Mutant tiefling chemical weapons expert on retainer and partnered with the above? With literal black wings and horns? There's been stranger things but I can't help but feel the situation's continually escalating.

Seriously, you put together an young girl angel with fluffy white wings, a halo, and is literally a clone of the BBEG? That's hardly... I mean, come on- No, no, it's still not far out there. I mean, it's not-

You want to play a partially amnesiac fae fox princeling lady in waiting trap who's the son of the BBEG with a spiritual AI helper and starts the game in control of an entire nation of brainwashed servants? No, that's it, that's all, just stop right there.

I'm sorry, all I can say is are we still on for next Wednesday?
>>
>>46646997
>fae fox princeling lady in waiting trap
Tell me more.
>>
>>46647312
>>fae fox princeling lady in waiting trap
Why not
>>fae fox princeling trap lady in waiting
>>
>>46646618
No.
And by the way, claled the Inquistion...
>>
File: muffler Ran.png (146KB, 726x356px) Image search: [Google]
muffler Ran.png
146KB, 726x356px
>>46647312
Powerful magical fae spirit bound and captured and put into the form of an attendant spirit to royalty. Of course, the proper form for attendant spirits in royalty is a lady in waiting, right?

So when reverting to fox male self, all he's got is female clothes in his highly enchanted magical wardrobe. He can hardly go WITHOUT powerful magical protections, right?

Ergo, trap is the only way forwards. Illusions don't work because they're already glamered to the hilt to be FABULOUS.
>>
>>46647377
Anima:BF, pls go.
>>
My DM was pretty clear that trade routes mean all the races in the setting could potentially show up anywhere. So now thre's a kitsune Chosen One archerdin from Holomog, worshiping a heretical female version of a LN Asmodeus. The Chelaxian noblewoman in the party intends to have words with him, while the magus is convinced he's a girl.
>>
>>46646618
Absolutely I would let someone play a fox in golden sky stories
>>
>>46646618

Yes. Only so that I can persecute them throughout the entire campaign, eventually forcing the party to abandon them/turn them in since they are not worth the hassle. Then describe their execution in extreme detail.
>>
>>46646618
Depends on the player. Heck, my PC got random tabled into a werefox.
>>
>>46647789
You do that with every character, John. You're no fun anymore.
>>
Only if it was Saitama playing the fox person.
>>
>>46647377
Clal them back, I want to order a pizza.
>>
Didn't we have JUST this thread a few days ago?
>>
>>46647816
Only with annoying special snowflakes.
>>
>>46647838
You think everything that isn't a human fighter is a special snowflake.
>>
>>46647838
Everything other than you is an annoying special snowflake to you, John. That's why your group abandoned you.
>>
>>46647843
____yes____

>>46647901
I didn't want to play with this bunch of furries and CN drow bards either way.
>>
File: syuko kon.jpg (63KB, 636x900px) Image search: [Google]
syuko kon.jpg
63KB, 636x900px
Would you let a player play a human who dresses up as a fox person?
>>
>>46648119
>would you let a player play a fox who dresses up like a human person?

Yes, yes I would.
>>
>>46647814
>werefox

http://www.lomion.de/cmm/lycawefo.php
>The female elven form of the foxwoman is extremely beautiful. She has silver or silver-streaked hair, including a widow’s peak. She dresses attractively in loose garments.

>Foxwomen serve their vanity by enslaving humanoid males. Those males become servants and companions.
>Each foxwoman is always accompanied by 1d4+1 charmed males.

>There is a 10% chance that a foxwoman has a “daughter”. The foxwoman has stolen an elven girl, infected her with lycanthropy, and is raising her as a foxwoman. Such a child is be 1d8+5 years old. If she is 12-13, she is treated the same as a normal foxwoman; otherwise she is a noncombatant.

Daily reminder that 2e werefoxes can be beautiful 12-year-old elven girls who charm and enslave men.
>>
File: Momiji.jpg (383KB, 1344x952px) Image search: [Google]
Momiji.jpg
383KB, 1344x952px
>>46647555
Different Animafag here. I'd allow the fox person on three conditions.
1. Has to be through either Pure Daimah, or the Blood of the Great Beasts Bloodline.
2. Cannot be played by a sperglord or a shit-for-brains for "muh wacky animuugu shenanigans" or "muh fetish fuel" reasons. Any magical realm attempts will be met with GM lightning.
3. If you insist on doing it for an Inquisition game, you had better have either a DAMNED good reason for being a member of DEUS VULT, or have a base Disguise score of 200, because Abel H. Christ, there is only ONE INQUISITOR who has taken in a non-human child in the history of FUCKING EVER, and you ARE NOT THAT GOD-DAMNED CHILD!

Also, fox-folk in Anima are fucking terrifying. From the Mountain-sized nine-tails with flames that can BURN GHOSTS, to pic related, a super sneaky ninja with five fluffy tails, they are terrors.
>>
File: 1447901080505.png (140KB, 467x560px) Image search: [Google]
1447901080505.png
140KB, 467x560px
>>46646618
Only if they're not a weeb.
>>
>>46646618
>Would you let someone play a fox person in your game?+ 0 post omitted.
DOTS
>>
>>46649394
And instead a furry? No thanks
>>
>>46649450
In my experience, the weebs were worse in all aspects.
>>
File: clip+(2016-01-23+at+01.05.40).png (763KB, 800x797px) Image search: [Google]
clip+(2016-01-23+at+01.05.40).png
763KB, 800x797px
I've played a fox person twice. It would be hypocritical for me not to allow it.

Whether animu boy/girl with fox ears or full on furry, I'd have no problem with it. Though for me I usually just do the former since as much as I appreciate furry stuff, I worry it would make the others in my group uncomfortable. Plus it's hard to find good stuff that's not super lewd.
>>
>>46648216
It's pretty much a racial trait in Pathfinder.

>A kitsune can assume the appearance of a specific single human form of the same sex. The kitsune always takes this specific form when she uses this ability. A kitsune in human form cannot use her bite attack, but gains a +10 racial bonus on Disguise checks made to appear human. Changing shape is a standard action. This ability otherwise functions as alter self, except that the kitsune does not adjust her ability scores and can remain in this form indefinitely.
>>
I was in a campaign with a guy playing as a fox person. We make so much fun of his character to this day that he tries to redirect every conversation away from it.
>>
File: wrpg vs jrpg.png (798KB, 868x470px) Image search: [Google]
wrpg vs jrpg.png
798KB, 868x470px
>what I want to play
cute anime catgirl
>what I can play
furries

I hate this feel
>>
>>46646618
I run Oriental Adventures, so sure.
>>
File: kitsune.png (905KB, 700x980px) Image search: [Google]
kitsune.png
905KB, 700x980px
>>46649590
In my experience, furries are worse in all aspects.
>>
>>46649955
Sweet, lets get our shitty players together so they can form their own mary-sue OC donutsteel fetish bullshit game away from us.
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.