[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Battletech General: Primitive Edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 315
Thread images: 28

File: 1460214482768.jpg (31KB, 450x500px) Image search: [Google]
1460214482768.jpg
31KB, 450x500px
/btg/ is dead, long live /btg/!

Old Thread: >>46571120

===================================
Combat Manuals: Mercenaries (final build)
http://www.mediafire.com/download/62qpwm49e3pjdgn/E-CAT35260_Combat_Manual_Mercenaries.pdf

Touring the Stars Compilation
http://www.mediafire.com/download/p7u9jvxir86862t/Touring_the_Stars_Compilation_%28ver._0.1%29.pdf

===================================

>/btg/ does a TRO:
http://builtforwar.blog(not spam)spot.com/

>How do I do this Against the Bot thing?
http://pastebin.com/pE2f7TR5

>Overview of the major factions?
http://bg.battletech.com/universe/great-houses/
http://bg.battletech.com/universe/the-clans/
http://bg.battletech.com/universe/other-powers/

>How do I find out what BattleMechs a faction has?
http://masterunitlist.info/

>Map of /btg/ players (WIP):
https://www.zeemaps.com/map?group=1116217&add=1

>BattleTech Introductory Info and PDFs
http://bg.battletech.com/?page_id=400

>Rookie guides
http://pastebin.com/HZvGKuGx

>Sarna.net - BattleTech Wiki
http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Main_Page

>Megamek - computer version of BattleTech. Play with AI or other players
http://megamek.info/

Unit Designing Softwares
>SSW Mech Designer
http://www.solarisskunkwerks.com/
>MegaMek Lab
http://megameklab.sourceforge.net/

>BattleTech IRC
#battletech on irc.rizon.net

>PDF Folders
https://www.mediafire.com/folder/9q792hobnbpw3/Battletech
https://www.mediafire.com/folder/sdckg6j645z4j/Battletech
>>
File: mLwBY9N.jpg (373KB, 1424x880px) Image search: [Google]
mLwBY9N.jpg
373KB, 1424x880px
F-f-f-first
>>
>>46632297
>by default you are nobility
grog please, mechs are issued by the state now
>>
File: 1456526639101.jpg (47KB, 622x350px) Image search: [Google]
1456526639101.jpg
47KB, 622x350px
>>46632409
>playing any era beyond Late Clan Invasion

C'mon son.
>>
Organization wise, how are Assault Mechs usually assigned to a regiment and how many will the average regiment usually see?
>>
>>46632663
It depends entirely on how your regiment is organized as well as the House Military/Periphery State/Touman is arranged. A standard line regiment may have as little as a lance of assaults, if they're not the LCAF, while a Striker regiment may not have any. Though generally a "Heavy Assault" or other type regiment will have a lot of assault mechs.
>>
>>46632663
>how many will the average regiment usually see?
Very factionally dependent. Average is approximately a company per regiment in 3025, 18 for lyrans. We don't have exact composition percentages for later eras, but by the '60s, based on the proliferation of new designs I'd suspect it's more like 18 for everyone else and about two companies for the lyrans
>>
>>46632595

I've always been interested in the Early Clan Invasion era.

Always wanted to know how the Inner Sphere fought back when things were not in their favor.
>>
>>46632776
>A standard line regiment may have as little as a lance of assaults, if they're not the LCAF
That's lowballing it pretty hard, unless 1 in 3 regiments has a battalion that's almost all assaults
>>
>>46632778

I would assume the Capellans, the Canopians and the Taurians would have the fewest per regiment then?
>>
>>46632831
You can assume, but it depends on who is writing the book/scenario.
>>
>>46632809
3025 era books noted that the houses were light on assaults in units that weren't prestigious. Of course, since they've retconned manufacturing, I guess a company wouldn't be too farfetched.
>>
>>46632789
What I meant was anything after Late Clan Invasion is dumb.

Jihad and Dark Ages was a mistake.
>>
>>46632831
The taurians are actually about average. The magistracy has very few, maybe 4-6 per regiment, and the capellans should be below average (say 8 per regiment) until the'60s. On the other hand, st.Ives should have more like 16-20 per regiment
>>
>>46632862
A company per regiment is based on the 10% assaults for an AVERAGE regiment from the 3025 fluff. With retcons, I'd increase it by 20%
>>
>>46632831
Funnily enough the only faction mentioned to have a low number of assaults is the FWL, and they stay that way at least till 3060, even pirates apparently have the average ratio of assault mech in a regiment in 3025.
Another thing in original 3025 fluff, most regiments had a rule where green pilots weren't even allowed to go near the assault mechs in the hangar for fear of them damaging it, let alone pilot one, nowadays that might've changed. But you could, of course still have a green lance of assault mechs.
>>
>>46632982
>Funnily enough the only faction mentioned to have a low number of assaults is the FWL
Funny is right, since they have a number of factories churning out assaults like the BattleMaster, Stalker and Awesome iirc
>>
>>46632862

There's been no great retcon of 3025 manufacturing since 1985 or so. They've detailed factories, added some new machines and whatnot, but mechs in 3025 fluff continue to be pretty ponies. But yeah, a company doesn't seem too crazy. That's around 10%ish, allowing for variable regiment sizes.
>>
>>46632982
I always assumed that figure was misattributed to the FWL since at that time it was the CapCon that was stated to be unable to build anything over like 60 tons.
>>
>>46632865

What's wrong with the Jihad in particular?
>>
>>46633284
Not that anon, but some feel it's too grimdark and some of the things that had to be done in the name of "how did we get from where we were to Dark Age" seem forced or arbitrary to some.
>>
>>46633284
The WoB losing.
>>
on the subject of weight distributions, based on what I saw as trends in the fluff, here's a thing I threw together a while ago with weight distributions as of 3058
I'll post my explanations in a second
>>
>>46633702
>CC: so many vindicators and cataphracts, haven't taken the st.Ives assault factories yet, so they're a bit short on those.
>Dracs: pretty much the same as before, but with more assaults
>FedSuns: more than a few new heavy and assault lines make up for that deficiency
>FWL: new designs are a fairly even distribution, assault deficiency never made sense vis a vis production
>Lyrans: You know exactly what
>MoC: Production situation is similar to the OA, but imports help some
>OA: only make lights and heavies, imports give them at least a little backbone
>St.Ives: assault percentage is high because of three assault lines compared to like five other lines with a small military. Exports of assaults also suggest that they have enough for their own needs
>Taurians: lots of heavy lines and a couple high-volume light lines but only two medium lines
>Mercs:not much to say except that they'd benefit from the increase in heavies like everyone else
>Pirates: would probably skew lighter and faster for raiding. This one was typo'd, should be 35/35/20/10.
>Periphery: this represents the various periphery independents and the more sorry-assed pirates. Marians and circinians should use the pirate numbers, while the rim collection should obviously use the merc values
>>
>>46633702
>Lyrans
>25% assaults
[Horgath Intensifies]
>>
>>46633676

The Word of Blake kind of reminds me of the GLA from Command and Conquer: Generals.
>>
Does that statement about the Federated Suns having the most units to equip with Battle Armor still hold true?
>>
>>46635781
The most units to equip or the most units equipped?
In terms of factories and output I always assumed the Lyrans and League would have most due to monies and industry, with Suns a close second, the Dracs just behind and the Caps last.
>>
>>46636156
The FWL supposedly has large quantities of BA
>>
Does anyone have the blank record sheets in techmanual by themselves? I for the life of me cant figure out how to copy them and make them their own pdf file.
>>
>>46636369
Already done. Not sure why it's not on the official BattleTech page any more, actually.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/ep60qodig2cpwln/Blank_Record_Sheets.pdf
>>
>>46636503
thank you!
>>
>>46632297

mechs are financially draining to.

I guess that's why nobles are more likely to own mechs and have more than one spouse or a spouse and others on the side.
>>
>>46636503
They are on Battlecorps as a free product.
>>
>>46636631
Because that makes a ton of sense for the average player, right?
>>
>>46633047
>>46633108
FWL should have almost as many assaults as the Lyrans, albeit weighed down by the Goliath and a couple other crap ones.

>>46633702
DC has too many mediums and not enough lights
>>
>>46636987
>DC has too many mediums and not enough lights
You've got a point, but I figured that the fair number of new medium designs that the Dracs got in 3050-58 would bump the medium numbers up somewhat. It could just as easily be 35/20, though
>>
>>46636987
Aside from the Goliath what do they have that's crap?

>made Max Liao built a battalion around Goliaths because he had literally nothing better for assaults
>mfw I have no face
>>
>>46636987

I thought no one else came close to building as many Assault Mechs as the Lyrans due to the other factions not using them as the cornerstone of their military doctrine?
>>
>>46637157

Some of it is production capabilities, and some of it is doctrine. Also, in a lot of cases, capability shapes doctrine: work with what you have.

The further one moves into the post-3025 era, the sketchier those Battleforce 1st ed House percentages get. Some of it is undoubtedly making do, or making a virtue out of necessity, and when the fact that the Houses can all build what they want is combined with the complete rewrite of what war is that the 4th War must have brought about, you're sure to have seen significant deviation from the old numbers. But we have no canon information to back it up.
>>
File: WIP QT179.jpg (622KB, 1120x717px) Image search: [Google]
WIP QT179.jpg
622KB, 1120x717px
Mildly improved tanks. Had a weird problem where my formerly matt varnish decided to not be, so it's still kinda shiny.

I'm thinking I'll make my tanks for FWL generics, though I do have a lance of Po and Zhukovs to add to the mix for 12 total plus the command van. Though I could also make the Po group Cappellan and have Catapults in support plus ...an assassin and whatever else I work out are typical CC mechs from the starter set?
>>
>>46637143

What were the Capellans using as Assault Mechs from the time of the Fourth Succession War to the end of the Clan Invasion anyway?

They seem like a faction that would eschew them in favor of an alternative solution aimed at taking them down rather than fielding some of their own.
>>
>>46637592
>What were the Capellans using as Assault Mechs from the time of the Fourth Succession War to the end of the Clan Invasion anyway?
Stalkers, Strikers, upgraded not-shit Chargers, a few banshees, battlemasters and cyclopes, a few captured Awesomes. A few Atlases, like everyone else. Probably a couple of captured Victors.
>>
>>46637668
Lots of Victors I assume, since they made them until the Compact took away the factory, didn't they?

But the rest would be salvage and Star League/whenever the last factory was nuked leftovers.
>>
>>46637499
>...an assassin and whatever else I work out are typical CC mechs from the starter set?
Vindi and Cyclops are pretty cap.
>>
>>46637728
>Lots of Victors I assume, since they made them until the Compact took away the factory, didn't they?
probably. not as many as stalkers or strikers, but a decent number. IIRC, the FedCom helped st.ives repair/upgrade the factory to produce a not-tiny number of mechs
>>
>>46637728

And sort of Highlanders, according to TR3039. Not many, but for a tiny military with no other assault production and the low assault percentage in general, that's going to tell.
>>
>>46637499

Yeah a little more shine on those than i'd want. Still pretty nice.
>>
>>46637592
>They seem like a faction that would eschew them in favor of an alternative solution aimed at taking them down rather than fielding some of their own.
Hrm. This gives me an idea:

Design Challenge: design a 3/5 3025 heavy designed to go up against assaults with s reasonable degree of success
>>
>>46639124
75 tonner, max armor, 13 SHS, 2 AC20s, 6 tons ammo.
>>
>>46639124

Whats the most powerful anti-armor gun you can mount on a heavy in 3025 anyway?
>>
>>46639402
AC20.
>>
>>46639402
AC/20
The second most is the blaser
>>
>>46639402
AC/30. Paired PPCs aren't a bad choice, either
>>
>>46639610
>AC/30
Woah mamma, where do I get one of those?
>>
File: NAC Fo'bie Entry.jpg (167KB, 800x799px) Image search: [Google]
NAC Fo'bie Entry.jpg
167KB, 800x799px
>>46639402
>>
>>46639402
Technically speaking, there's no reason you couldn't weld a Davy Crockett infantry launcher to a mech's arm and fire it by remote, but realistically it's the AC/20
>>
>>46632789

>Always wanted to know how the Inner Sphere fought back when things were not in their favor.

Clan weapons get a lot of the range advantage nullified by a decent amount of terrain in the area, given that they have to chew through more amor and structure and take a much bigger hit with the loss of a machine it's not too surprising that the IS can just grind them down. If you played with bidding and Zell, they clans really didn't have much of a shot unless people were balancing IS vs Clan by tonnage back in the day because they were god damned retards without 2 brain cells to rub together.
>>
>>46639124

75 tonner, 3 ppcs, full armor, 26 shs. Mini-Awesome.
>>
>>46639989

What in the name of Kerensky's rotting taint is THAT?
>>
>>46639124

Stock 3025 Rifleman, piloted by Gray Noton.
>>
>>46640364
>stock
I love this meme
It is canon, as canon as Necromo Nightmares, that he piloted a special Rifleman
>>
File: 1458431565259.jpg (59KB, 500x501px) Image search: [Google]
1458431565259.jpg
59KB, 500x501px
>>46640395
>>
>>46640395
Fuck you Randall, I will never compromise on this.
>>
>>46640395
Never.
>>
>>46639989

The stabilization and compensation for that alone must be enormous.
>>
>>46640364
Who is Gray Noton?
>>
>>46640798
Possibly the best mechwarrior to ever live, won seven Solaris VII championships in a row in a stock rifleman. Murdered outside the cockpit, died undefeated
>>
>>46640176

Put an XL engine and 5 jump jets. Profit.
>>
>>46640798
Champion of Solaris in the Warrior series of books. Notable for being champion while piloting a stock RFL-3N, until it was retconned into being a Rifleman II because no one could possibly do such a thing in the original Rifleman.
>>
>>46640855
>>46640670
>>46640435
See >>46640865
Randall retconed Nortons story with his MWO Lore and now it is canon that he DOES HAVE A SPECIAL, MODIFIED RIFLEMAN

PURE CANON, BBY
>>
>>46640865
>until it was retconned into being a Rifleman II
Technically, that's a canon rumor, like sun-tzu actually being a davion or hyperspace squids
>>
>>46640928
If you'd like to get technical about it, the ONLY thing that was made canon is that a modified rifleman with that particular loadout and a fancy paint job was being operated under the name "legend killer" at the time of the clan invasion. That's *IT*
>>
>>46640855
Better than Kai Allard-Liao or Phelan Kell/Wolf/Ward/Kell?
>>
>>46640928
Actually, it's not specified WHEN the modifications were performed, so the best explanation respecting existing canon is that some asshole of the worst sort got ahold of Gray Norton's Rifleman after his death and bubbafucked it six ways from Sunday to produce the MWO "hero" mech
>>
>>46640985
No
https://community.battletechgame.com/forums/threads/1190
Randall wrote a short story about Norton talking about his "other" Rifleman, so now it is canon that Norton had "another" Rifleman
MWO Lore is canon
>>
>>46641005
Like I said, possibly. We'll never know, because he never faced either of them, but it's certainly close
>>
>>46641077

http://mwomercs.com/news/2015/11/1399-story-legendkiller

They already called him Legend-Killer for taking the championship last year, and this victory set him well on his way to another championship. They all underestimated him.

>Wait till my other Rifleman is ready. Then I’ll really own this world and topple every MechWarrior from their Valhalla thrones.
>>
>>46640985
Did Randall say anything about the Hero Mech stats? Because the one question only asked about the canonicity of the fiction, and Legend Killer fiction only says Noton had a second Rifleman, it doesn't say the second Rifleman was special.
>>
>>46641077

It's a terrible ruling, but it is a ruling. How no one ever noticed this in a cutthroat gambling environment and why Noton was lying *to himself in his own goddman mind* now eclipses "Focht thinks Terra is for chumps" on my all-time list of canon idiocies.
>>
>>46641077
>every effort is made when creating the story and write-up to mesh it with all pre-existing sources.
Randall pls. Legend Killer was stock and YOU FUCKING KNOW IT.
>>
>>46641137

Wait a tic. The RFL he's actually piloting in that story is very definitely a stock Rifleman. Magna large lasers, Imperator-A autocannons, and so forth, all explicitly called out as such. And he's won at least one Solaris Championship in that Mech, and appears to be about to win another one, all before this "other Rifleman" is ready.

So, if we accept the premise that MWO fiction is canon, then Noton has won at LEAST one Solaris Championship with a stock Rifleman, and is "well on his way" toward another championship. Which means that he's beating assault Mechs with a stock Rifleman ANYWAY. Which means that yes, he's that goddamn good.

All of this, of course, ignores the stuff from the SVII box about Mechs being rigorously inspected before the fights, wired with sensors for video broadcast data, and the explicit existence of multiple types of sensors that can estimate a Mech's mass. All of which would make sneaking an 80-ton Mech in place of a 60-ton Mech (or a Mech armed with SL tech) into the arenas impossible. Unless we're retconning away the boxed set, AND all the novels over 20 years detailing Solaris fights, anyway.
>>
>>46641292

Neat. The name field no longer autofills on Chrome when you start typing. Noted for future reference.

>>46641240
>Did Randall say anything about the Hero Mech stats?

I'd like to know this as well. I don't keep up with MWO stuff.
>>
>>46641240
>>46641292
>>46641137
Actually, do we know which years noton won the championship?
>>
>>46641292

No matter how many times all this obviousness was explained, there was and is still a large cabal of people who simply could not wrap their heads around the idea that novels might take ... wait for it ... dramatic license and do things that the simplicities of the board game did not allow. They stuck to this even after fucking TacOps came out, an entire book of rules meant in part to catch the game up to things that the novels had happen but the game didn't allow.

It's the same bunch of unable to think outside the box guys that insists an A-10 must be armed with a BT AC/20 because it's a big autocannon that blows up tanks. Explaining that by that logic a Springfield musket must be as good as a Barrett sniper rifle because they both have around the same calibre doesn't sink in either. Blargh.
>>
>>46641259
Not to mention, telemetry from the machines is fed to third parties
>>
>>46641841

I hear you... It's not just a bad ruling, it's such an obviously bad one. I think that's what irks me the most about it.
>>
>>46641877
Randall is a retard, news at 11
>>
>>46641341

Through some type of non-Euclidian asshattery, the entry for Gray Noton on Sarna doesn't include the years he won the championship.

Fortunately, I have the player's guide for the SVII box. Page 14 is a splash page devoted to listing ALL the Solaris champions from 2812-3053. Gray Noton was the 7-time (straight) Solaris Champion from 3016-3022.
>>
>>46642186
Good thing he lived before headcapping weapons were big
>>
why is environmental sealing 10% of a vee's mass

this is bullshit
>>
>>46642461
Because CGL hates vees. and you.
>>
>>46642461
Gotta get all the lead lined towels into the gaps of the armor anon.
>>
>>46642245

Edge is a thing.
>>
>>46642847

Not in real Battletech it's not.
>>
>>46643119

So the RPG isn't real BT?

Guess i've been lied to for years then.
>>
>>46643348

If it's not the Battletech presented in Total Warfare (nee BMR-r), then no, it's not really Battletech. Everything else are optional rules, and so don't count as part of the actual ruleset, since they can be added or subtracted upon a player's whim.

If you have to depend on optional, unbalanced rules to make your game universe fiction work, then you've got fundamentally shitty ruleset, fiction, or both. Don't write fiction your game rules can't replicate.
>>
File: 1458433312216.png (234KB, 625x626px) Image search: [Google]
1458433312216.png
234KB, 625x626px
>>46643911
>>
Any suggestions for an Ice Hellion vehicle name?
>>
>>46644250
I still like Runsfastwithcoldtestes.
>>
>>46644250
MIDWEST CHOPPER
>>
>>46643944

I look forward to the day when every post in Battletech threads which isn't a "that's bait" image is responded to by a "that's bait" image.

Not everything you don't agree with is bait.

>>46644250

Do you have Roadrunner and Wile E. Coyote cartoons in UpsideDownLand? Because "BeepBeepMotherfucker" is a totally legit Ice Hellion unit designation.
>>
random question, but how much weight/space would y'all say would be appropriate to incorporating sleeping quarters into a mech or vehicle?
>>
File: 1447220632208.png (316KB, 1012x1057px) Image search: [Google]
1447220632208.png
316KB, 1012x1057px
>>46644339
>Not everything you don't agree with is bait.

That is untrue.

If I disagree, then that post is objectively wrong. The only purpose in posting a wrong statement is bait. Therefore, posts I disagree with are bait.

>>46644386

Depends on the luxuriousness of the sleeping quarters. I wouldn't charge any additional weight for a fold-out cot in the cockpit; that can be rolled up into the 3 tons of cockpit weight. Increase the luxuriousness in 1/2-ton increments, up to a maximum of 2 tons. (Max weight for sleeping quarters being 1/2-ton per weight category of the Mech, so only assaults can have 2-ton quarters).
>>
>>46644250
Ya-o-gah, Iroquois (bear) spirit of the North wind, who blows snow and frost across the land, held in check by the wind giant lest his icy breath destroy the world.

So the bear part kinda sucks, but icy windy death is hellion-y. Are mythical names for clan vees still a thing?
>>
>>46644386
None.
Mech seats recline into a bed, depending upon their size.
Vees, you end up sleeping on or under your tank.
>>
>>46644386
I'd call it half a ton wnd one space for a shitty sleeper cab-style setup sleeping one in a mech or two in a vee, double that for a more RV-style setup
>>
>>46644440
Sounds good to me.
>>
File: MIMtrooper.jpg (46KB, 533x799px) Image search: [Google]
MIMtrooper.jpg
46KB, 533x799px
>>46644250

Clan Vees are generally named after gods. Ergot:

>Boreas - Greek god of winter wind
>Vayu - Hindu god of wind
>Eurus -Greek god of unlucky wind (appropo for Hellions)
>Aparctias - Greek God of north wind
>Enlil - Babylonian god of wind
>Pauahtun - wind diety from the Mayan theology
>Amun - Egyptian go of wind
>Stribog - Slavic god of air/wind

Technically, Pazuzu also qualifies, being the Mesopotamian god of the south-west wind. That said, given gamer culture, using "Pazuzu" for a unit name is likely to end badly.
>>
>>46639989
Not sure if neg or aff
>>
Guys, I'm making my tank for the express purpose of a WoK joke. So y'know, whichever.
>>
>>46644514

It's an Urbanmech with a ridiculously huge gun. What's not to aff about it?

I'd love to know where that gun came from though. I don't recognize it from any existing miniature line. I've got some conversion idea it'd be perfect for.
>>
I'm trying to get into A Time Of War (the Battletech RPG) and I've never found a more confusing character generation process in my fucking life. And I've played both GURPS and Eclipse Phase. Are there any character generators for it?
>>
>>46644892
Lord Jesus, switch to Mechwarrior 3E since you're a beginner. AToW is a legendary clusterfuck as chargen goes
>>
>>46644386
I'd also say .5 tons/1 space for one mechwarrior, but I'd also add a 1 space in CT+1 space in whatever side torso if that's where the sleeper space is in access space if you want to be able to access it without going outside, no tonnage.
>>
>>46644250
VL-CALAIS
>>
>>46644250
One Last Rider
>>
>>46644747
>I'd love to know where that gun came from though

It's the shoulder railgun from one of my old Ares battlesuits from the Vor: The Maelstrom game line.

IIRC, IWM still sells them. $22 for a suit, last I checked.

>warning: that was probably somewhere around 2006
>>
>>46645052
>Vor: The Maelstrom
Oh Christ, I knew I recognized it from somewhere. Man, my old FLGS had a ton of that stuff back in '08-10
>>
>>46644914

MW 3E isn't much better.

>>46644892

Try MW 2nd Edition, it's pretty good.
>>
File: I love a crowd.jpg (16KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
I love a crowd.jpg
16KB, 480x360px
>>46635063
So best faction then?
>>
File: FWL mech production 3025.jpg (184KB, 439x775px) Image search: [Google]
FWL mech production 3025.jpg
184KB, 439x775px
>>46633047
They're not so much "churning them out" as "producing a modest number of assaults" in 3025. There was a chart of yearly production numbers as well (which the LC book is missing) - here's the number of assault 'Mechs:

>Awesome - 7 (Irian BM, Irian)
>Battlemaster - 12 (Earthwerks, Keystone)
>Stalker - 11 (Irian BM, Shiro III)
>Goliath - 4 (Corean, Stewart)

The FWL produces more Wolverine-Ms in a year than assaults of all types combined, and a surprising number of Warhammers and Marauder-Ms as well (22 and 21 respectively)
>>
>>46636650
Not at all.
>>
>>46645686
>They're not so much "churning them out" as
Thank goodness the autist is here with outdated info.
>>
A question:
Buffalo Drone Bomb loaded with 14.5 tons of MG ammo, detonates for 790/395/125/63 am I right?
>>
>>46646634
Should be 1,080/540/125/63, as far as I can see.

The booby trap blows the engine for 500 points, and 2,900 rounds of MG ammo generates 5,800 damage, which divides by 10 for 580 points.
>>
>>46646908
Thanks I didnt multiply by mg damage. A direwolf owner is gonna cry tonight ;)
>>
>>46646908
> damage equal to 9 of the biggest non-nuclear cruise missiles in the game.
Machine gun ammo is magical, man.
>>
Does Artemis IV function with SRT/LRT under water? And does a C3 network function under water? Looking at the Avatar U and I am confused. Those FCS could have been used for UMUs. As it is the Avatar is a sitting duck under water.
>>
>>46647189
It's just a hair more damage than a Medium Mass Driver for a tiny fraction of the cost.
>>
>canon designs of LRM equipped mechs sporting NARC beacons
why

why force the long range support mech to close to what could be deadly close range to use the NARC? why not pair it up with another design that launches it?
>>
how do i improve my LRM usage?

use NARC / TAG and narc/tag enabled munitions? does it make a large bonus.
>>
>>46647304
Yes and yes.
Though for the latter, C3 nets can't cross the water line, unless you've got a unit in the net straddling that line, such as a partially submerged mech, or a naval unit.
>>
>>46647373
Because the FWL can't have nice things
>>
>>46647457
Semi guided lrm are the best. Unaviable for clans though.
>>46647189
>>46647329
More damage than some nukes do. Nuclear arrow IV warhead deals only 100 if I remember correctly
>>
I know I'm probably behind on the times but I recently discovered TRO 3063 and like a number of the designs. Has anyone here used any of them?
>>
>>46647373
Because you don't close with something, you just use the beacon when something closes with you that isn't already got one stuck on so friendlies can benefit? It's also nice not to have to totally rely on just one or two units to throw pods, even if they are your primary movers of them. Generally I figure if I go Narc, I might as well go all in if possible.

The real issue is that Narc really isn't very good in the first place.
>>
File: 1386068816713.jpg (513KB, 1000x1020px) Image search: [Google]
1386068816713.jpg
513KB, 1000x1020px
>>46646634
Isn't the better question when is it never not enough damage?

Seriously, is there any time this isn't "yeah, everything in that hex is gone?"
>>
>>46647373
I don't mind it on the Stalker at least. It's still going to be marching closer and closer as it goes, so I figure it's tagging for it's buddies and for it's own SRM's rather than it's LRM's.
>>
>>46647925
Well, there's a catch: the Buffalo is a large support vehicle. And nothing can stack in a hex with an LSV except infantry. So you'll basically never hit anything with full 1,080, though 540 AE in all surrounding hexes is nasty as hell still.
>>
>>46647774
I've been tempted to allow some of them in my game.
I had a previous GM give the go ahead to use it but that game died a month later.
>>
>>46647925
Such explosion creates 3 level deep crater. Going boom next to fresh Atlas is certain death for tje mech.
"Wheter long range weapon or suicide bomber, wicked mind is a weapon of mass destruction."
>>
>>46648128
How about detonation during a charge attack? Isnt there a moment when both units are on the same hex?
>>
>>46648128
But you CAN drive it into a building or other large structure like a grounded Dropship or mobile structure, for instance.
>>
File: 1459974697739.png (63KB, 321x322px) Image search: [Google]
1459974697739.png
63KB, 321x322px
I'm replaying FNV and it has me wondering if anyone has ever done up stat sheets for Advanced Power Armor or T-51b for BattleTech.
>>
>>46648419
Fallout Power Armor:
All are Light BA with 1 ground MP (some modified models may have 1 jump MP). All suits have a pair of Armored Gloves with no integrated weapons. All remaining space is spent on mission equipment. Armor varies depending on model
T-45 & Patchwork/Raider - 5 armor
T-51 & T-60 - 6 armor
Advanced Power Armor Mk II/X01 - 7 armor
Done.
>>
>>46648862
I guess that does it. Now that I think about it their slow speed (that one ground MP) does make them pretty backwards.
>>
>>46648862
>Advanced Power Armor Mk II/X01 - 7 armor
Light BA can only do up to 6
>>
>>46647801
>Generally I figure if I go Narc, I might as well go all in if possible.
NARC gets outclassed by TAG in most applications, but when you have more than say, a pair of Heavy LRM Carriers with semi-g ammo, the BV multiplier for the TAG gets much higher than the fixed BV for the NARC for basically the same function.
>>
Is there a thing I can check for a 'typical' Hells Horses unit composition? Star or Trinary level I guess would be best. Trying to think of what I could get to round out a small force of them.
>>
>>46648419
Someone did the math and found that T-45d is between 450-500kg, so you could use that as a basis for construction.
>>
>>46649675
You're right, I was thinking overall durability instead of just armor. Reworking it:
Power Armor Frame - 1 armor (PAL)
Patchwork/Raider - 3 armor
T-45 - 4 armor
T-51 & T-60 - 5 armor
Advanced Power Armor Mk II/X01 - 6 armor
>>
>>46647774
With regards to the faction I play most as, the Free Worlds, one downside to that TRO is that most of the FWLM vees are very niche.
>>
What kind of penalties would you apply to someone who's attempting to pilot a mech drunk?
I'm planning to have my players hit by a surprise raid while they're at the bar, forcing them to jump straight into their mechs without a chance to sober up
>>
>>46651195
If you're just using P/G, then -1 to piloting checks, and shooting at over short range is an extra -1, so -3 at medium and -5 at long ranges respectively. Keep short range something they can do so it changed the dynamic of the fight and doesn't completely screw them. Unless you don't care, then just -1 to all rolls. Could also count them as having one gyro crit since their drunk ass brains can't sync with the gyro and keep balance like they normally could.
>>
>>46652341
er, dammit this is battletech, penalties are +, not -. You know what I meant, I think. I was just talking about 5e and got my wires crossed.
>>
>>46652214
>What kind of penalties would you apply to someone who's attempting to pilot a mech drunk?

Given how much of a Mech's ability to fine-tune its own balance is provided by the pilot, and given that drunk people aren't generally known for having great balance? A flat +2 pr +3 penalty to all PSRs to start with, require a PSR for any running or jumping movement, and drop the damage value which requires a PSR (from 20 points in a phase to 15 or even 10).

Either or both of a small initiative penalty and a small gunnery penalty also wouldn't be amiss, depending on how mean you wanted to be.

I'm assuming that you mean actually outright drunk, and not "lightly buzzed" and not "blackout drunk".

>http://forums.cincybattletech.com/index.php?topic=651.0

Jesus fuck, Cincy's at it again. Can somebody hack down their site or something so they stop doing this huge game shit? This sort of game is terrible for the community because it sets bullshit standards that just drives away new players when their own games aren't like this.
>>
>>46652449
Oh my god you're back

And you're still salty that people are using the fucking rules that the game provides to run rich and expansive scenarios?
>>
>>46652449

Just because you don't bother to USE the additional rules they give us or some extra time to make your games just a bit better doesn't mean others don't.

Hating on them, or others trying to hit that level of awesome, is just stupid. Hate yourself for not being that good.
>>
>>46652802
>>46652863
>These anons don't want to fight with Hellstars on 2x2 maps like >>46652449
C'mon plebs, get it together.
>>
>>46652449
>Jesus fuck, Cincy's at it again.

That...is a really nicely-built scenario. You're an asshole, but thanks for the link. It probably tears you up inside that I'm going to use that as inspiration for my own home games. To which I say, "good, fuck you."
>>
>>46652914
It IS a really cool scenario. Kinda makes me want to run a dark caste game of my own
>>
>>46652802
There's no way this guy is real. No one could possibly care this much, even on 4chan. It's really weird.
>>
>>46652962
>>46652914

Their campaign is called Ergo Nunc Mea Vigilia Incipit. What does that mean, anyway?

>google translate is timing out, so I did check there first

Also, has anybody seen their writeups for older campaigns? Their apocalypse Rising game was utterly nuts. I just spent the last 30 minutes just reading the campaign summary. It's like everything I ever wanted out of Battletech.
>>
>>46653330
My latin is extremely rusty, but roughly I'd translate it as "therefore, I begin to watch" (in the sense of standing watch, or to guard)
>>
>>46652449
That's a cool set up. New here but why are we supposed to hate Cincy? Who are they?
>>
>>46653420
>>46653330

I'd translate it as, "Now my watch begins." Probably cribbed from ASoIaF and the Black Watch's membership oath. Still, it's a game where the PCs are members of the Clan Watch, so it makes sense.

And >>46653330, the Apoc Rising timeline has been linked to a few times over the years. It's always entertaining reading,and I generally agree that it's the sort of campaign that Battletech should have more of. It feels very "gundam". The good, epic, galaxy-spanning parts, not the angsty teenagers parts.
>>
>>46653558
>I'd translate it as, "Now my watch begins."
That's a much better translation of the spirit of it. I was just going literally
>>
>>46653497

Probably the closest thing to professional Battletech players on the planet, with only the people up in Toronto getting close. People hate them because they're a long-standing, successful, exceedingly competent group.

Here, read this, then read the image I put in my next post, and it should explain pretty much the whole situation.
>>
File: LoL Cincy BattleTech.jpg (141KB, 1477x838px) Image search: [Google]
LoL Cincy BattleTech.jpg
141KB, 1477x838px
>>46653622

And part 2.

The hate's so extreme that somebody who was on the ass end of one of their convention ass-kickings actually broke into their GM's account on the official forums and got him kicked off the demo team. He bragged about it here several years ago, including posting the GM's password to verify he'd done it. To its credit, /btg/ reacted in pretty general horror, and this asshole has been occasionally dropping in and shitting on Cincy every time they're mentioned for several years now.

I've seen screenshots of the guy bragging, but I don't have one saved, or I'd post it for proof.
>>
File: 1444454219082.jpg (165KB, 820x721px) Image search: [Google]
1444454219082.jpg
165KB, 820x721px
>>46653497
>Who are they?
Answering this the other way because it makes more sense.
Cincy is a group of player that regularly play battletech, and what's more, they play together.
They played the OpFor in a lot of scenarios because everyone else plain old didn't want to play Blakists.
So they took up the mantle, and because they practiced, they fucking trashed their opposition.

>New here but why are we supposed to hate Cincy?

Sour Grapes. Penis Envy. Dangerously high salt levels.
Basically; he mad.
>>
>>46653622
>Probably the closest thing to professional Battletech players on the planet, with only the people up in Toronto getting close.

Wasn't there something about this after this last Gencon?
>>
>>46653622
>, with only the people up in Toronto getting close
Really? I'm from there and I had no idea that we had some of the world's best battletech players.
Hell, I can't even find a LGS that stocks battletech worth a shit
>>
>>46653700

>everyone else plain old didn't want to play Blakists.

Whats wrong with them as a faction?
>>
>>46653973
They're a one-trick pony, and that one trick is being absolute cocks.
>>
>>46654082

I thought they had cyber warfare and extremely potent cybernetic infantry and warmachines at their disposal?
>>
>>46654127
>>46654127
>cyber warfare and stupid-good machines witg scary pilots
>faction which isn't a bunch of cocks

Choose one
>>
>>46653903

Look for David Leaver on Facebook. He's their main guy. And after the exodus of Cincy people from the demo team after the bullshit a few years ago (not that I blame them), it's largely the Toronto crew that runs the Battletech events. IIRC, every single event which isn't the Open is run by a Canadian.

>>46653733
Yeah, there was. Toronto has a trophy and they have challenges against other BT groups to take it away. They still have the trophy after Cincy, but Cincy broke our perfect win record; Team Toronto went 5-0 in our challenge games for each of the previous 3 or 4 years. Cincy had a win and two ties in 5 games. The trick is that our people are better in 1-on-1 games, while Cincy is very good at 1-on-1s, but they work best in groups. Since we set the conditions of the games, we made sure that they were playing individually. We also had the good luck of getting the best possible matchup against one force (our guy loves infernos - only guy to take them - and he got matched against the guy from Cincy playing all TSM), and winning the coin flip to determine the winner of another game.

So Cincy is beatable, when you take them out of their strength area and get good luck against them. We're glad we're not playing them again next year. Their whole focus for their current campaign is 1-on-1 matchups, and I'd rather not face them after they've had a year to practice taking us on on our terms.
>>
>>46654405
>Toronto has a trophy and they have challenges against other BT groups to take it away.

God damnit. This. I want this. I didn't even know they HAD this. I want to get my group together and go take it from them.
>>
>>46649861
Yes, but you get what you pay for.
>>
So what was the premier Capellan Mech in the years between the Andurien-Canopus Invasion and the end of the Clan Invasion?
>>
>>46654405
>>46654749
I'm actually kind of pissed that they made him Chief Keef of the demo team, he was just starting to run monthly Dark Age games in TO (at a new store that actually stocked BT, no less) and now he's off gallivanting around running shit in the US.

Which is weird because according to other demo guys, he's an idiot.
>>
>>46655127
Vindicator or maybe cataphract
>>
>yfw more than one person hates Cincy

At least I fully admit it's raging jealousy
>>
>>46655127
UrbanMech
>>
>>46654405
>rig games
>we wuz champs n sheeyit
>coin flip to win

Well fuck Toronto too I guess
>>
Can someone give me a breakdown of the whole Regulan/WoB hatebonoer thing?

Particularly, why did the Regulans start undermining them in the 3050s (including selling nukes to the New Gibson Freedom League)

Right now it seems like the Regulans poked the Blakists, got poked back, tried to escalate, got slapped down, and then murdered billions of people in an ineffectual hissyfit after everyone else did the hard work.
>>
>>46655127
Premier for who? Line troops? Elites? The fucking Death Commandos?
>>
>>46655578

Speaking as the only Cincy member to win their "vs Toronto" game, we were fine with going into their house and having to compete using their rules. If you can't play well when you're fighting on the enemy's terms, then you're not that good of a player. We considered it their home-field advantage.
>>
>>46655847
C'mon, it's the cincy hater, NEA. You don't owe him an explanation for shit
>>
>>46655632
It was just because the new Regulan ruler, Kirc, hated Thomas and so hated anything he did (like letting WoB in).
It doesn't go any deeper than that.
>>
>>46655920

It's an explanation for everyone *else*.
>>
>>46655920
You realize more than one person dislikes Cincy right
>>
>>46655974

That's a good point. Keep up the good work, games like yours make me wish I didn't live on the west coast.
>>
>>46655847
Ah yes, just like all those other games where title matches use rules favoring the defender.

Oh wait

stop being such a cuck
>>
>>46656106
>cuck
Lol what a serious argument
>>
>>46655632
Regulans were mad at the Mariks, especially Thomas. WoB really liked Thomas (at first, like "wanted him to be Primus" really liked). Do the math.

And then the WoB fucked their shit up in the Jihad, and killed the wife of wosshisname.
>>
>>46655659

The regular rank and file Mech Regiments.
>>
>>46656348
>yfw no League of Blake

why even live
>>
>>46656374
Vindies and Urbies, plus a dash of HBS and self-loathing.
>>
>>46656594
>WoB Protectorate as a member state
>CC as a member state
>Sun-Tzu Liao-Marik as heir
>an actual Jihad with the FWL (of Blake) launching an attack on the Clans, driving them from the Inner Sphere with a Thera fleet
>MD and Death Commandos launching a suicidal raid against the Homeworlds
>>
>>
>>46656374
Vindicators, Cataphracts, maybe the occasional catapult or Thunderbolt
>>
webm with audio on /tg/ when?

http://webm.land/media/QCQB.webm
>>
>>46653973
It's less about what's wrong with Blakists as a faction, and more that way too many players are hung up on their pet faction and refuse to play anything else.
>>
>>46657074
You've got the arms backward. AC should be in the big gun arm, lasers in the little boxy one. I'd also drop the MPL to a ERML and add a second ton of ammo for the LB-X, but that's just me. Other than those little things, decent design.
>>
>>46657074
>75 tons
>5/8
>slow for its weight

What. That's average at worst.
>>
>>46656859
ewww
>>
>>46657378
>5/8 at 75 tons
>average
nigga that's fast
>>
>>46656859
Medron/10
>>
>>46657405
for 3025, maybe
>>
>>46657299
Whoops, and then I read the fluff text...
As the others said, 5/8 is a fast 75t mech. And with the guns you mounted on it, that's not a close support mech, it's a long range fire support model.
>>
>>46657423
375 on 75t is max engine size for anyone who doesn't want to go full mental and use a hideously expensive engine in a front line combat unit.
>>
>>46657195
what the fuck is this and where did you get it
>>
Is there a recording of the streamed game Coleman and the others played recently?
>>
>>46657575
Yeah. 6/9 is only viable at 65 tons or less
(As a side note, the 6/9 thud is actually pretty good)
>>
>>46657661
On a completely random tangent, have I watched too much Walking Dead, or does anyone else subconsciously substitute in "Porchdick" when they read "Coleman"?
>>
>>46657074

>No tonnage listed.
Wouldnt have known how big it was right off the bat if someone else hadn't spoken up.
Might want to fix that.
>>
>>46657195

A real, live, human being created this.
>>
>>46657590
ditty
it is a vocaloid app
I made only two (trying to upload the second right now), too lazy to make more and most of the songs are paid

>>46657797
it is so easy to create one even you will want to create one ^^
I'm not implying anything here
>>
>>46657472
It could drop to 4/6 with a 300 SFE and have end up with a half ton to spare. Though that's still not slow for its weight either. 3/5 would actually be slow and free up more weight to ditch the XL gyro and add some more LBX ammo.
>>
Post your best Battletech humor/memes
>>
File: 1457254768346.jpg (47KB, 259x294px) Image search: [Google]
1457254768346.jpg
47KB, 259x294px
>>46657195
>>
File: Wob.png (135KB, 267x563px) Image search: [Google]
Wob.png
135KB, 267x563px
>>46658005
>memes
Does a meme faction count?
>>
>>46658143

How did you fit every faction logo into a 267x563 pixel image?
>>
File: 1456166315201.jpg (56KB, 500x506px) Image search: [Google]
1456166315201.jpg
56KB, 500x506px
>>46658143
Say it to my face heretic
>>
Is there a list of all the WarShips still active in the Inner Sphere as of 3085?
Were any more constructed after that point?
>>
>>46658231
There's a stickied thread about it on the OF, I believe
>>
>>46658227
>Le ebin heresy meme
>>>/40k/
>>
File: paf-a-pult.gif (93KB, 1540x874px) Image search: [Google]
paf-a-pult.gif
93KB, 1540x874px
>>46658005
"Succession Wars is the best era to play BT" is my favorite joke

seriusly now, Pafapult is my favorite
>>
>>46658250
Which subforum?
>>
>>46658285
Gotta love "BRRRRRRT: The Mech". The only thing ever built that actually needs 2 tons of MG ammo.
>>
>>46658311
http://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php?topic=1791.0
>>
File: 1457372547911.jpg (20KB, 539x530px) Image search: [Google]
1457372547911.jpg
20KB, 539x530px
>>46658274
>assblasted about the best thing to come out of battletech
>>
>>46658492
Thanks buddy
>>
>>46656859
>Rasalhague as a member state
>>
>>46657195
http://webm.land/media/veCv.webm
>>
>>46659275
>he actually believes in Stone

shiggydiggydoo
>>
>>46659689

Better than believing in CGL.
>>
>>46660119
What would you say is the number one way, or underlying factor, in CGL's poor relationship with the fanbase?
>>
>>46660351
Incompetence. Shit at PR, can't even keep the "Upcoming Products" updated, the whole patio money thing, directing their attention in the wrong direction (Succession Wars Historicals? Really?).

Like seriously, I got into BT after buying the intro box, even after knowing about it through MW4 and googling it. The intro box gets new people in, not poorly formatted core books and splats.

My personal suggestions would be: Get the intro box back out there, dammit. Rewrite TW/TO/SO into better-formatted books, put aero in it's own book (spreading it over three books? Really?), and actually fucking advertise.
>>
>>46658231

Not a list per se but each faction's entry in FM: 3085 and FM: 3145 details that.
>>
>>46660351

I largely agree with >>46660572. It's "general incompetence". There's NO area where CGL hasn't proven themselves to be incompetent. CGL is an EXCELLENT example of why a company "by the fans" is a terrible idea. You need to have fans with input into the game, yes, but running a business requires a LOT more skills than just "being a fan."
>>
>>46661013
CGL is beyond even "by the fans" and into the realm of "By the *fanboys*". I mean, GDW had a pretty good run as a " by the fans" setup, but CGL is well beyond regular fans and into the realm of "people who argue about X on spacebattles"
>>
>>46660351

The official forums.
>>
File: Old Boy.jpg (9KB, 256x197px) Image search: [Google]
Old Boy.jpg
9KB, 256x197px
>>46660572

>All this...then realizing it'll never happen.
>>
>>46655632
Just to add to what the other guys were saying, the Regulans have been at odds with the Mariks in general for generations on top of generations. Once the Mariks established their position as top of the League and deposed the original rulers of the Regulans, they began systematically tearing apart the Regulan state, which was once the largest of all the FWL states.

The biggest blow was the rule introduced by the FW Parliament during the succession wars that let any FWL planet declare independence from its host state without much trouble. Look at the Principality of Regulus maps and what all they used to own. They once reached from all the way to the periphery, even out to the famous underground Spider factory on Tematagi.

The relevant part of this being that Gibson was also an old Regulan planet. And Thomas 'fookin Marik just gave it to the WoB for their homeworld right after the C* secular split, like it was his to give. Now you can see where the Regulans didn't like that. They didn't like that at all.

Then when the Jihad came, Gibson was still WoB-Central, the most experimental of experimental bleeding-edge cyber-zombies flying mixtech LAM's with Clan ER-PPC's, right in their backyard. Precentor Pantsless himself parked a fleet of warships right over their capital and came down and kicked the prince's ass personally, snapping his arm like a twig. Everything spiraled out from there, until the Regulans pooled the last of their fleets into a single great entity, emptied all their ancient bunker reserves from the 1st Succession War and started a trail of burned planets that didn't end until they caught Tommy boy himself at the pirate capital of Circinus. That moment is the cover of Final Reckoning.
>>
What became of the Word's cybernetic armies and remnants that escaped destruction, surrender or absorption?
>>
>>46662111
They all went into hyperspace, or became terrorists.
>>
>>46662111
Nobody knows. There were something like three full Shadow Divisions and several warships including the asteroid chucker that were never accounted for. The severely shortened lifespans of the Manei Domini meant that none of them would survive to the 3090's without cryo though.

If I remember right, there's confirmation of scattered deep periphery remnants in Interstellar Players 3, at least people using Word special forces equipment. And that was I wanna say, 3095.
>>
>>46662004
>Taurians don't get anything as awesome by comparison

It'd be nice to be able to point to SOMETHING as a victory
>>
>>46662189
The Concordat did get to have a win against the Suns in the early Jihad, that counts, right?
>>
>>46662189

The fact that you weren't wiped out completely and utterly but eh Federated Suns should be victory enough. Count your blessings you're just a pointless, backwater faction instead of being another dead, forgotten faction like you deserve.
>>
>>46662189
Eh, the Vendetta's campaign of destruction was a pretty great storyline from the same time.

>Took out a Davion warship in fair combat
>Shelled New Syrtis, capital of the fucking Capellan March completely unopposed
>Damaged the Kathil yards AND fought off one of the two surviving Davion Fox's
>All that and more, fighting until the very end of the war AND surviving
>Some piece of shit restomodded Quixote did all that

Didn't exactly make up for losing Samantha though.
>>
>>46662252
>>46662224
>>46662296
It'd be nice if something had actually come from the whole "the Taurians are the only people still interested in space exploration!" schtick they had but instead we got "despite 250 years of peace and being arguably the best place to live in the entire galaxy, the Taurians accomplished nothing of note, developed no cool technology, fought a civil war with itself over the question of space exploration, still managed to lose, and then got crushed by the Suns in an operation named fucking MATADOR for god's sake."
>>
>>46662432
Sorry dude. The only people interested in space exploration were the Explorer Corps. And they're all dead, or folded into the corporate Interstellar Expeditions. I don't even know what's going on with them in the 3100's. Can't recall any references but I'm still catching up on my DA backlog.

Taurians were more about being the only people still interested in colonization. And they lost all their work in that department when they let the Canopians get their dirty space amazon tits in their business. Well, that and the Taurian ruler at the time being a complete nut.
>>
>>46662004
>Regulans fuck with WoB when WoB never did them no harm
>get their shit slapped
>go nuts and nuke a bunch of random people

Lester pls go
>>
>>46662432
Well, that's the price you pay for Coleman writing about you and not having a patron author of your own
>>
>>46662189
Such is the life of the taurian concordat, big enough to play an important part in the metaplot, but without anyone being interested in then enough to ensure that they get a GOOD part, so that they are doomed to play the shit roles. They're like a talented actor who got typecast as the latino henchman early in their career and never managed to get a leading role
>>
>>46662541
>WoB never did them no harm
Except for the part where they installed a fake Marik to rule over them, stole a bunch of their warships, siphoned unimaginable sums of money from HPG service and took production from the Warhammer and Marauder lines at the capital as payment for their/Cortland's work in Project Phoenix.

And that's only before the second star league fell.

Then we get to talk about the third most powerful Precentor of them all, Precentor Sexytits, using old man Kirc as a puppet to attack Oriente. Then when the campaign is going sour, she pulls her Shadow Division out of hiding on Regulus itself, steals a bunch of nukes and blows the hell out of the capitol city.

That's not even getting the timeline up to the purges and Titus taking over when King Gibson shows up and goes. "Yeah, you found us out, leading the Prince around by his dick. Don't fuck with us though, or we'll annihilate you."
>>
>>46662541
We are allowed to point out that the Word turned Gibson into Vietnam, right? The only thing missing was The Master delivering a monologue with just his head showing to have Apocalypse Now in BT.
>>
>>46662918
Are you saying that Wobbie don't surf?
>>
>>46662918
I kinda thought it was funny how they turned that it's head later. That scene with Apollyon making himself comfortable in Knight Masters old chambers, and how the belligerent locals become target practice for all the horrors the Word cooked up in their labs.
>>
>>46662918
>implying the NGFL didn't do it
>>
>>46662918
This just made me think about whatever happened to Paul Masters. Did the Word do him in or was he stranded on Huntress when 2nd SL fell?
>>
>>46663104
Pretty sure he died with the rest of the Knights of the Inner Sphere.
>>
>>46663148
He was Count of Gibson though, not a regular knight. And VSD made him Star League liason to the clans after the Great Refusal. I just can't remember if he ever rotated off Huntress. I know a bunch of the Eridani Light Horse got left there and picked apart before the Wars of Reaving, but Ctrl-f of the first few hotspots books never mention him directly, except Apollyon talking about him in past tense.
>>
>>46662961
Gibsie don't surf.
>>
On the thread topic, out of all the primitive mechs, which are the most effective on the primitive battlefield? Which hold up the best into the introtech era?
>>
>>46663358

The Griffin and Emperor are pretty decent. Rifleman ain't bad either.
>>
>>46663358
Probably the Mackie. Effective, loads of parts, etc. At least for the time. Most of the primitives that actually have PPC's instead of LL's are also good, as is the T-bolt.

If you want to cheat, I'd look at Jihad-era retrotech designs. Those generally do okay. They had to face 3070's tech after all.
>>
>>46663358
The thud is pretty great, and the Archer probably isn't bad, but I'm not sure if it's officially out yet
>>
>>46663522
>The Griffin
Prototype PPC means it has Panther 10K tier heat issues though, even with the improved cooling jacket.

>>46663542
>If you want to cheat, I'd look at Jihad-era retrotech designs.
Yeah, the Rook is surprisingly good given its tech level. Though boating medium lasers can do that for you.
>>
>>46663358
the emperor is great. though it has four tons of AC/5 ammo. which is a rather questionable design choice
>>
>>46664081
And the Banshee has two. If there were alt ammo choices back then that halved ammo like AP and precision it might make sense.
>>
>>46663358
Banshee
Seriously, that thing is a beast. Compare it to the Mackie's armor and weapons load.
>>
So, /btg/, what was the first mech you piloted on the tabletop?
>>
>>46664517
stock Awesome and Catapult. GOAT 3025 combo
>>
File: Custom Rifleman.png (15KB, 406x512px) Image search: [Google]
Custom Rifleman.png
15KB, 406x512px
>>46664517
A stock -3N Rifleman, of all things. I was also in a Robotech RPG campaign as a 20 year Raider-X pilot, so I was kinda attached to the design.
I'm reasonably sure that I was being assisted by the ghost of Gray Noton in my first game, because I actually managed to kill a Clint and two Hetzers on my first go-round, though I lost an arm and overheated so bad I shut down.
once the game moved into the Clan Invasion era, I rebuilt my rifleman with advanced tech, producing pic related, which served me well for three years until that campaign ended. Still probably a better rifleman than any of the canon variants
>>
File: Custom Rifleman fixed.png (15KB, 406x512px) Image search: [Google]
Custom Rifleman fixed.png
15KB, 406x512px
>>46664893
d'oh. looks like i forgot the extra armor in MML.

let's try this again
>>
>>46664517
The OG Hunchback. Even scored kill with it before getting blown into giblets when someone gave me a bad touch in the ammo bin.
>>
>>46664517
Pixie IIC.

Which may have influenced my irrational love for dual UAC/10s.
>>
>>46664517
First ever? Fuck, a Mongoose I think? Or a Pixie... I forget. Was years ago, obviously. The first I bought for myself was a Catapult, I'm pretty sure.
>>
>>46664893
>>46664911
I can't help but notice both of them don't list the head for armor/structure. MML bug?
>>
>>46665107
>MML bug?
probably. i only switched over from HMP last year, so i don't know everything about MML yet
speaking of HMP, they should honestly be calling it Heavy Metal Pryde considering how much he and rickey R ride each other's cocks
>>
>>46664517
Pixie. Excellent teaching mech.
>>
>>46664517
1v1 Chameleons.
>>
>>46665540
>>46665051
>>46665060
you're all talking about the p. hawk, right?
>>
>>46665606
Yes.
>>
>>46664517
Stock Panther
Still my favorite
>>
How's /btg/RO going? Haven't heard anything about it in a while. You guys still need donations?
>>
>>46662004
>Just to add to what the other guys were saying, the Regulans have been at odds with the Mariks in general for generations on top of generations.
Actually it's been an on-again off-again relationship, the one in the beginning of the game (circa 3025) coming in an era of bad relations after 250 previous years of strong alliance between Marik and Cameron-Jones.
>>
>>46662875
No, most of this is wrong. ComStar installed the fake Marik, and the warships were stolen AFTER the Second Star League fell. And for his point, at the time Kirc started poking WoB it was like 3055 and they hadn't done Regulus any harm yet.
>>
>>46663187
All we know is that he was dead by the time Apollyon started his sperg campaign. Probably on Atreus, though for such a relevant character it's a shame we never got anything more about his fate.
>>
>>46662918
>be Paul Masters
>go to Gibson
>"It Ain't Me" starts playing
>>
>>46657195
The hell?
>>
>>46656374
Vindicators, maybe some Cataphracts, Thunderbolts, UrbanMechs, the odd Raven.
>>
>>46666529
I think it's due for release soon.
>>
>>46664517
Bushwacker
>>
>>46664517
Quickdraw.
>>
>>46653903
Meeplemart is ur friend
>>
>>46649944
One star of mechs, one star of vehicles, one star of infantry.
>>
>>46662432
Why do Taurianfags never stop whining?
>>
>>46664517
Shadow Hawk
>>
>>46666881
I still have a soft spot for the mess of a ride.
>>
>>46664289
Plus the shades.
>>
>>46640395
Necromo Nightmare is canon though.
>>
>>46660351
Treating us with contempt.

I asked a question on the OF once and the response was that my question wasn't important.
>>
>>46666529
Heh, I'm working on that right now.

We're going public soon, and I've been banging my head against the keyboard trying to write up blog posts that sound informative and enthusiastic without being wheedling or saccharine. It's actually quite difficult - for me, at least. Plus sending out a bunch of emails to people.

We still need donations, yes. Will have more info on that up on the blog soon (yes, Blake save us, the blog is getting an update) prior to going big.
>>
>>46666952
What was the question?
>>
>>46666965
Asking about a named character that dropped off the face of the Sphere but was relevant to due the line of succession.
>>
>>46666907

>triggered

What's the matter, Paragraphs McFaggot? Not happy we're talking about the Taurian Concordat again?
>>
Did any of the Clan fleets hang around to help Stone in his wars with the Capellan Confederation or did they return to their OZs? I don't have my PDFs handy.
>>
New thread:
>>46668330
>>46668330
>>46668330
New thread:
>>
File: FD Vindicator.jpg (185KB, 722x782px) Image search: [Google]
FD Vindicator.jpg
185KB, 722x782px
>>46664517
Vindicator
Thread posts: 315
Thread images: 28

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.