[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/tg/ related games

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 5

File: SR.png (79KB, 736x414px) Image search: [Google]
SR.png
79KB, 736x414px
I come to you, my fellow fa/tg/uys in my most desperate hour. I bring you a game that is in desperate need of players. I would under normal circumstances bring this to /vg/ but the game is mostly text based and has a rather steep learning curve. That and i feel rather confident that it falls under the rule of /tg/ games. I will be watching this thread closely so feel free to ask any questions.
>>
File: SR1.png (197KB, 1208x450px) Image search: [Google]
SR1.png
197KB, 1208x450px
Here is a screen shot of the Planet Overview page, where most of your planets information is. This lists every thing from available crew to your income and population growth
>>
File: SR3.png (39KB, 1018x450px) Image search: [Google]
SR3.png
39KB, 1018x450px
A big part of the game is the many stats that different species, buildings and research grant. Obviously bigger numbers are better.
>>
File: SR4.png (94KB, 725x950px) Image search: [Google]
SR4.png
94KB, 725x950px
Lets talk guns...there is quite a variety of them.
>>
File: SR5.png (46KB, 636x813px) Image search: [Google]
SR5.png
46KB, 636x813px
There is also over 20 races to choose from, each with their own unique building/units and starting stats.
>>
Also i would like to apologize for my shitty shoping of these pictures...i'm using paint and doing the best i can as i go.
>>
Unfortunately i dont have any screen shots of battles but i do have some of the battle reports in the game.

Here are some reports from last round near the beginning of the game

Subject: Combat Report
A fleet of vessels from the planet 'Kzin' attempted to perform a fighter screen at Sietch.
The attacking force was detected before entering the system!
The attacking force consisted of 39 Destroyer(s) 1 Battleship(s).
The defending force consisted of 15 Orbital Minefield(s) 1 "Avalanche" Siege Cruiser(s) 1 Cruiser(s) 1 "Leopard" Strike Cruiser(s) 1 "Badger" Light Cruiser(s) 10 Destroyer(s) 15 Frigate(s) 13 Scout(s) 35 Fighter Bomber(s) 11 Fighter Interceptor(s) .
Attacker's losses were 22 Destroyer(s) and 3520 personnel.
Defender's losses were 3 Scout(s) 15 Frigate(s) 10 Destroyer(s) 1 Cruiser(s) 1 "Leopard" Strike Cruiser(s) 1 "Avalanche" Siege Cruiser(s) 1 "Badger" Light Cruiser(s) and 6272 personnel.
Defender lost 15 Orbital Minefield(s) .
Attacker gained 3993.6 prestige.
Attacker gained 44 prestige due to the difference in planetary status.
Defender lost 2184 prestige.
>>
And here is one from later in that same round. This is what we call making someone 'flat flat flat'

A fleet of vessels from the planet 'Signus-5 expanse' attempted to conduct a random bombardment at Viridia.
The attacking force was able to gain the element of surprise!
Because Viridia is in a state of vendetta against Signus-5 expanse, its units will have a 10% offense bonus.
Because Signus-5 expanse is in a state of vendetta against Viridia, its units will have a 10% offense bonus.
The attacking force consisted of 89 "Maelstrom" Siege Platform(s) 8 Dreadnought(s) 120 "Fang" Fighter Bomber(s) 8 Light Carrier(s).
The defending force consisted of 15 Surface Shield Generator (Improved)(s) 25 Surface Defense Battery (Improved)(s) 1 Intelligence Agency(s) 1 Trade School(s) 5 Embassy(s) 2 Hospital(s) 2 Genetics Lab(s) 2 Farm III(s) 1 University(s) 5 Planetary Bank(s) 7 Manufacturing Plant (Improved)(s) 1 Institute of Higher Thought(s) 1 Barracks(s) 5 Warehouse (Large)(s) 16 Mining Facility (Metals - Improved)(s) 2 Refinery (Fuel - Improved)(s) 1 Stock Exchange(s) 10 Habitat (Improved)(s) .
Attacker's losses were 11 "Maelstrom" Siege Platform(s) and 22000 personnel.
Defender lost no units.
Defender lost 25 Surface Defense Battery (Improved)(s) 15 Surface Shield Generator (Improved)(s) 1 Barracks(s) 16 Mining Facility (Metals - Improved)(s) 2 Refinery (Fuel - Improved)(s) 5 Warehouse (Large)(s) 2 Farm III(s) 10 Habitat (Improved)(s) 2 Genetics Lab(s) 2 Hospital(s) 1 University(s) 1 Trade School(s) 7 Manufacturing Plant (Improved)(s) 5 Embassy(s) 5 Planetary Bank(s) 1 Stock Exchange(s) 1 Intelligence Agency(s) 1 Institute of Higher Thought(s) .
Attacker lost 179613 prestige.
Defender lost 25163 prestige.
>>
/TG/ is moving really fast right now, i'll still be lurking but i think i'll bring this back when it slows down a bit.
>>
Could you summarize what this is and why we should care? Without context the walls of text mean nothing.
>>
Uh yeah i guess i should. Sorry about that this is like my 2nd time posting on 4chan. Steallar Realms is a text based game that runs in 20 minute turns, or "months". Every thing you build or research takes a number of months that varies on what you are building/researching. A usual game is 300 in game years. The goal is to accumulate as much prestige as you can. Prestige is earned through building ships, researching, building pop and attacking other players. A usual game round is about a month and half of real time.

Why you should care? Well i suppose that is heavily based on what type of games you enjoy. Specifically Stellar Realms is a text based...i almost want to call it a planet simulator but that explanation falls short. The main appeal, at least to me, is that its browser based and mobile friendly while being completely controlled by the players. There are not NPC's (as of yet) so every thing from the economy to the Galactic High Council is all player ran.
>>
>>46630776
Interesting, I'll give you a free bamp and check it out sometime in teh future although all text based games aren't usually my favorite thing to do on the computer ;)
>>
>>46633572
Please do! I'll probably be doing another thread thursday, I'll put some more thought in how to approach and explain the game in the mean time. The new round starts Friday and we only have like 20 players, we used to have around 100(there was a 5 year break and we lost a lot of players) so i'm a bit rushed.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.