[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Personify it.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 3

Thread: Personify a real-world nation as a specific fantasy race, what race would be more suited to that nation and what two primary classes or units would embody that country.

hardmode:One race per country
>>
>Hey guys I swear we on /tg/ are all well adjusted mature people who take roleplaying seriously and univocally hate That Guys and shitters

>That out of the way, let's have a thread about stereotyping!

Goddammit.
>>
>>46585854
A bald eunuch pulling nipple harness on a centauress who wears loin cloth on the wrong end? It's more likely than you think.
>>
>>46585894
You know, many of the original depictions of centaurs weren't horses with half humans for heads, they were humans with the back of a horse for butts.
>>
>>46585922
Infinitely more amusing.

Ty anon, I needed a giggle.
>>
>>46585892
You're retarded. Adults that don't hold being "Pc" above everything else and have actually seen the real world can recognize that cultures have learned similarities from their upbringing. So people like the ones in my group can share their outlooks on their own personal cultures like my Philipino, chinese, south african, and east-german friend(he was on that side before the wall went down). Can all talk about the shit the 'normies' in their respective cultures act like without someone throwing a fit and accusing everyone of racism. Or the occasional person, like you, convinced everyone is a unique snowflake who would get laughed out of the group. Everyone in the group has their own families, day jobs, and gets along amazingly because unlike you they've seen the outside world and actually live in it instead of seeing it on paper.
>>
>>46585922
Wasn't that just Chiron, the trainer of heroes?
>>
>>46585894
There is no wrong way of pulling nipple harnesses.
>>
>>46586007
There are however wrong ways of pulling centaurs.
>>
>>46586012
..not by the tits.
>>
File: 1290540681928.jpg (362KB, 1306x1743px) Image search: [Google]
1290540681928.jpg
362KB, 1306x1743px
ehh..
>>
>>46586038
>>46586045
>..
That's not right, you naughty boy.
>>
>>46585986
Let me rephrase. I wasn't advocating for Political Correctness.

I live in a uni dorm with people from about 20 countries, I'm Italian and spend a fuckton of time consuming other countries' media. I know there are learned similarities, I know cultures are different. We can talk about that.

What I find difficult to imagine is that this thread can be anything but the lousiest, most basic series of stereotypes, with no effort put into them, no research, no knowledge of the culture or country called into question.

I'd like to see a country's idiosyncrasies used properly. As you said
>talk about the shit the 'normies' in their respective cultures act like

But it won't happen. There'll be a sleight of half-assed, lazy "references" to inactual factoids gleaned from high school geography books and the Internet. I don't give a shit about racism, it's just lazy narration, the kind we would abhor and ridicule if we were to see it in any other place.
>>
>>46586112
And, I'll add, a similar behaviour is what i've always seen decried in That Guys, as in my original post, hence the comparison.
>>
>>46586045
>undead
>russian

YOU FUCKING WOT M8
>>
>>46586045
No, because the High Elves of Ulthuan will fight the forces of Chaos until the bitter end, while Sweden would invite them in and blame themselves when said chaos forces wreck everything.
Same thing for the Empire. The Empire fronts some of the most hardcore men (and some women) in the Old World, people who can kick some serious ass when required, as opposed to the European Union, who couldn't even deal with a bunch of gibs-me-dat migrants who show up and demand hand-outs.

And yes, before anyone says it, I'm back off to /pol/ now.
>>
>>46586227
Squatting is good for their old bones.
>>
>>46586242
Im going to squat over your face for such heresy. Fuck at least use Croatias flag or something
>>
>>46586250
nigga i didn't make that shit.
>>
>>46586045
That's so poor.
>>
>>46586228
You come back here right this instant so I can tell you to fuck off again!
>>
>>46586169
I wouldn't call it a That Guy trait - maybe a lazy GM one, but not really That Guy

Also your "no effort, no research, basic shit" spiel is kind of shitting on other anons, no?
You just assume we're all going to be shit (granted, not a totally baseless assumption), and bitch about it - before it even happens
>>
Well, this thread is going to be some unabashed /pol/ shit. Enjoy the relative calm before the shit storm, and hope this thread dies a merciful death before things get too pants on head shit flinging retarded.
>>
>>46586250
>thinking anyone remembers that Croatia even exists
>>
>>46586341
Well I've always thought of That Guys as people who never try and roleplay with any effort, but our definition may differ.

And yeah, I kind of took a shit on the whole thread (if you're the anon who replied to me first, that really took off balance. Wasn't expecting a reasoned reply I could agree with and that called me out on the bullshit part of my post), but I felt somewhat justified as this board is mostly anglophone and, in my years here, I've not had many reasons to reconsider my position. Still, shouldn't have made that assumption. Hope the rest of the thread proves me wrong.
>>
This cannot not end terribly. Let's see how this ends.
>>
>>46586169
You are That Guy.
>>
>>46586045
>EU
>not a bunch of squabbling metropolitan races doomed to destruction
>>
>>46586045
How is Sweden anything like High Elves?
I can't think of a single thing they'd have in common.
>>
File: urugs.png (35KB, 808x690px) Image search: [Google]
urugs.png
35KB, 808x690px
>>46589426
this
>>
>>46586112
I think using spesific fantasy race were a bit questionable, since if we really are knowledgeable and want to avoid stereotype, it just wont exactly fit. The best people can do is a homebrew race, since we can fit it perfectly to our understanding

By the way, since you mention you are Italian, why dont you give us an example to follow and tell us everything we should know about the mighty and powerful Not!Italian
>>
>>46590107
Small populations, maybe?
>>
>>46585854
Why does that centaur have nipple harnesses? Why is that man apparently leading her by said nipple harnesses?
>>
>>46590107

Former great power reduced to a small unimportant nation with outside influences corrupting it from within and turning it into a Chaos-worshiping shithole.
>>
>>46590835
Sounds more like the UK if anything. When was Sweden ever a great power?
>>
>>46590876
1611-1721, not sure about "great" though. Of course, all it means is that Swedes killed a lot of people, but reducing the real world into buzzwords like "great power" matters to people who're afraid of it.
>>
>>46590876
>When was Sweden ever a great power?
If I recall correctly Sweden where a pretty powerful nation from the early 1600's to the late 1700's
>>
>>46586112
Nothing to see here folks. Just your average italian boppita boopin over nothing, like usual.
>>
>>46590951
Early 1700's. Culminated with complete centralization of power in a desperate attempt to militarize most every aspect of the culture to keep up with other nations (mainly Russia) getting their shit together and becoming able to mobilize such a large portion of their population that Sweden's mostly superior ability to mobilize no longer could cover the fact that it had a tiny population count. Doesn't work, loses all territory on mainland Europe, relegates itself to geopolitical (just made the word up) non-entity because it lacks the ability to compete. Or something along those lines.
>>
>>46591211
>geopolitical (just made the word up)
Shit, originally wrote "geomilitary" but changed my mind, forgot to remove parenthesis text.
>>
>>46586448
Your definition of That Guy is wrong, though. It's very well-tread ground at this point, That Guys are players who's actions go against the grain of the table's mutual enjoyment.

The guy who puts way too much effort into role-playing and acts like a snob towards the other players for how they just try to enjoy it as a beer-and-pretzels game is That Guy, and that runs completely opposite of your definition.
>>
>>46590113
>>46589426
>>>/pol/
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.