/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who are you?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 230
Thread images: 33

File: tumblr_m6ynldZEAx1r2p31ho1_1280.jpg (146KB, 564x800px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_m6ynldZEAx1r2p31ho1_1280.jpg
146KB, 564x800px
Who are you and what do you roleplay?

Me? 30 year old borderline alcoholic, screenprinter by trade, guitarist, living in the PNW.

In game, a Welsh rifleman with a flare for criminal activity in LotFP.
>>
>>46583259
I'm a 20 yo college student going into computer science.
I run and play 5e for the most part.
I'd probably be into LotFP if it wasn't so fixated on gore and grimdarkery.
That reminds me, did they ever put out character sheets for the iconic characters?
>>
19 college student, musician

In game, bald halfling warlock serving a god that's driving him to madness.
>>
28 american male, metalsmith/jewelry artist, musician.

Playing a gnome barbarian fluffed as a surgeon right now. I hope to become insane if the opportunities present themselves
>>
File: S60228-111447.jpg (567KB, 800x1280px) Image search: [Google]
S60228-111447.jpg
567KB, 800x1280px
>>46583456
Art.
Also >hope to become insane
just like in real life
>>
>>46583288
Right now, I'm the GM of most of the games, but I'm also playing a Jedi who's coming to terms with the fact that the Empire killed about 90% of his ten thousand best friends.
>>
>>46583259
> be me
> aggregate information for people about people
> be a cynical asshole who hates the world and people

> play characters who are friendly, amicable, taking care of others and who try to keep a positive outlook on life,
> play characters who have values and ideals and moral codes they would never violate

it's like getting away from who I am in reality :-S :) I always enjoy getting an opportunity to play. However...

> Forever a storyteller
>>
>IRL
26, male, diesel mechanic.

>IN GAME
Middle aged half-elf witch hunter that utilizes alchemy to augment himself. Excessive use of alchemical concoctions has altered him, for better and for worse. He's also the rough equivalent of a drug addict, except his body has become so reliant on alchemy that it starts to shut down if he doesn't get his fix.

Been playing this dude for like a year in 3.5. I like him, even if he was initially - and shamelessly - inspired by Geralt.
>>
>>46583259

Flair, not flare. The former means a particular affinity or aptitude, the latter is a bright light or a widening.

Sorry for my autism, but writeos like that really get on my nerves.
>>
>>46583259
24 year old statistician for a gambling company.

The GM.
>>
20 year old university student who reads to much fiction and history novels to have a meaningful conversation aboit anything else; somehow all I watch is crime shows.

I role play a cartographer. Basically in most games I just tag along and draw the maps. It's fun because I can give info on secret passages and/or alternate routes if I roll high enough but I'm pretty shit in combat.
>>
I'm 25, virgin, student of many things (but most educated in education), traveler of many countries (but mostly western), and serially unemployed.
My characters vary a lot, and I normally only play one at a time, so one per few years, but I'm between games at the moment. Last one was a little girl.
>>
>>46584076
Oh my god. You're me. I am so sorry for us.
>>
>>46584076
>educated in education
What does that even mean?
>>
>>46584096
Hey, it could be worse. Most of that debt won't come to for a good while yet.

>>46584112
Masters in Teaching, in my case.
>>
File: 1457647877157.jpg (53KB, 500x292px) Image search: [Google]
1457647877157.jpg
53KB, 500x292px
>>46583259
>ex-military college student, bouncer, odd job enthusiast, adrenaline junkie, very competitive mindset

>would rather stay in his given place. Believes that everything is predetermined, wants to just travel and find a girl to settle down. Has to be his own boss due to the fact he loves what he does and must do it the most effective way possible.

I'll let you decide which is which the second one is my character

Here's a question for you /tg/: what personal trait is your favorite to give one of your characters?

>Sam Axe/Captain Mal outlook on killing. Example: "I'd rather not kill them, but they've given me no choice."
>>
>>46583259
>The moment you have to check the hell screenprinter does for living

33, pharmacist by first trade, land surveyor by second and my actual job, living with my husband in small house at the outskirts of the town.

In game, GURPS Not!Chinese martial artist, travelling from site to site to help the helpless
Also, GM for another group, being the only female for a sausage party.
>>
>>46584582
>Female GM
Whoah... so unicorns are real too?
>>
Unemployable nervous fabulist, forever GM, chatty but pessimistic, West Midlands, UK.

I'm everyone who isn't you, see that anxious goblin? That's me.
That fat sheep-stealing barbarian and the sheep slung over his back? Those are me too.
I am the sun and the moon and the wind and the rain, and I am fate and death and time, and nothing and everything.
>>
File: 1448810390279.jpg (272KB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1448810390279.jpg
272KB, 1280x1024px
>>46583259
....how did she even get that bloody in musket based combat?

She'll be the first to go during the inevitable revolution.

Now I want to play a cute revolutionary game about cute girls decapitating cute queens and cute nobles and rising up to defend themselves against their cute enemies who want to restore their cute monarchy until they appoint a cute emperor to defend their cute liberties
>>
>>46585261
Muskets are pretty useful as improvised clubs.
I know in the English civil war many musketeers would fight with their musket in a mêlée than with a dagger or side-sword, as a matter of necessity or preference.

The butts and barrels of period specimens are often reinforced in a way that suggests they are intended to be used in just such a fashion.

This is pre- invention of the bayonet I think.
>>
>>46585306
That's pretty brutal. And here I was thinking gunpowder turned warfare into a more "clean" affair.
>>
>>46583259
I'm a 35 years old semi professional slumped artist with a dark past that survives with odd jobs, and restarted smoking recently. my current character is a smuggler born from a salaryman family, whose already not great brain functions have been twisted permanently by drug abuse. killed dad after divorce to grab his savings and start his own business. gave some money to his younger Brothers living with the alcoholic mother.
>>
>>46583259
>36, unemployed trophy husband of a sugar momma who makes three times what I ever could even if I wasn't too crazy to work anymore.
>In game, a cleric of an evil god who bestows gifts upon poor saps who sell their soul to him. Not me, mind you, I get my gifts by brokering these deals while enjoying the luxuries a life of amoral adventuring brings in
>>
>>46585261
I guess you never heard about blunt weapons and possibility to bludgeon someone to death
>>
>>46583259
19 college student, pot-head, with a history of failure in learning the harmonica, love and writing.
I do hardcore gaming stuff.

I DM many games including LotFP, Into the Odd, Cyberpunk. Not currently alive as a PC right now.
>>
>>46583259
65 year old Gnomish Ranger who believes technology can give the common man a leg up if it's just explored. He intends to design and create the first suit of armor that will enhance a person purely through technology.
>>
I'm a 19 year old college student going for a history degree, and eventually a doctorate.

I'm also a 25 year old Champa dude running around the jungles of Cambodia killing Khmer Rouge with a machete for Militaries Sans Frontières
>>
>>46583259
19 Year old busboy/college student trying to find some kind of Major to grab on to.

In game, a crippled 30 some year old pyro who's got PTSD shit from his childhood, and was essentially born to kill another pyro whos a young mute girl. Going against that, he protects and trains said young pyro girl.
>>
>>46583259
20 year old Arts Major "dropout" presently a NEET living with my awesome aunty's family on mother's side for the past 2 years. Searching for a job, missed my last interview...

oh well. family loves me and I don't have any drug addictions or obesity.

Also, while I have been a DM for over a quarter of the 3.5 months I have played 5E, I have a couple of characters.

One is a low-wisdom Chaotic Neutral Paladin called T'rump.
the other is a Chaotic Good High Elf rogue whose first session (and my first session ever) involved getting gangraped in OOTA. Best funniest thing ever at the time, but I never talk about it anymore and I have chosen to forget it ever happened.

I wish I was part of a more consistent and productive group as a player not a DM.

I just want to fucking explore and become powerful and grow a town/civ and have children.
>>
>>46583259
You're not borderline alcoholic, you're just an alcoholic who hasn't tried to quit.
>>
>>46583259
30 year old with a flailing freelance illustration career and 6 years of experience teaching English in Korea, currently unemployed in Madison, WI. Current goal is to work in Beijing for a year to take advantage of the free TEFL certification, then off to Taiwan to focus on my art and writing while teaching only part-time.

No current character. Not currently participating in the Madison gaming scene.
>>
File: DwarfCover_zps41c42881.jpg (134KB, 651x616px) Image search: [Google]
DwarfCover_zps41c42881.jpg
134KB, 651x616px
>>46585619
31 year old flamboyant stone mason located in north Germany, that's slowly developing an eating disorder.

>ingame
Everything dwarf. Unless its either a) ranged, or b) (not!)magic. Screw that. All I need is an axe or better, hammer, and a shield. That's all I need.
>>
27 yr old broken marine out of game
nobleman of a feral world in service of the holy inquisition in game
>>
>>46583259
19 year old asocial programmer with some really rusty art/animation skills.

Not currently in a game right now, though I'm looking to play a viamancer in an Unknown Armies game coming up.
>>
>>46583259
Age - 33
Country - Sweden
Profession - district attorney (or equivalent)
Character: disgusting/lewd/filthy dwarves/orcs who pay prostitutes to have sex with donkeys and spend all their gold on alcohol/drugs/whores and jams/jellies as well honey (gotta massage that shit in before)
>>
24, mtf / GQ, UK

Graduate. Currently working in London.

I mostly game virtually these days. Used to love tabletop etc.

I would love to learn D&D or similar games.
>>
>>46584076
>>46584076
>student of many things (but most educated in education), traveler of many countries (but mostly western), and serially unemployed.
The word you're looking for is "dilettante"
>>
>>46584136
>Masters in Teaching, in my case.
I've got one of those.

Expat. 41. Doing 6mm historical when not teaching.

In any other game? Usually Thief (D&D related). Last game, GM. Current game, youngest son of an Iron Age noble. The character does not like his father and is likely to usurp the throne (not that there is a throne to usurp, but the sentiment is there).
>>
>>46586199
L O N D O N
>>
>>46586243
T R A N N Y
>>
File: 2ec[1].png (572KB, 600x580px) Image search: [Google]
2ec[1].png
572KB, 600x580px
>>46585702
>31 year old flamboyant stone mason located in north Germany, that's slowly developing an eating disorder.

>mfw I thought this was the character description
>mfw I actually want to play that in a medieval "Holy" "Roman" "Empire" setting
>>
>>46585702
>slowly developing an eating disorder.
obesity or anorexia?
>>
>>46586327
You might have just had an idea worth running with. Choose a player, they are your next character. What system would you be, flamboyant one?

Me? I'd choose
>33, pharmacist by first trade, land surveyor by second and my actual job, living with my husband in small house at the outskirts of the town.

system
>Call of Cthulhu.
>>
>>46586395
My vote's on bulemia. Nobody expects bulemia.
>>
>>46586414
Twice the taste zero calories? What's not to love.
>>
File: The Finest of Wizards.jpg (234KB, 600x890px) Image search: [Google]
The Finest of Wizards.jpg
234KB, 600x890px
>>46583259
22 y/o Aussie. I work as a swim teacher.

I RP DnD 3.5/Pathfinder, New WoD, Exalted, L5R. I'm trying to get a game using the CYOA for Accidental Magical Girls going with some RL vic-friends. I'm up for trying just about any system/game.
>>
>>46586483

>>46584570
For me that's the exasperated maid/parent outlook.
> Damn it I just cleaned this/you/everything up and now it's all go to hell again.
>>
File: Agraa Square.jpg (210KB, 456x456px) Image search: [Google]
Agraa Square.jpg
210KB, 456x456px
>>46583259

27, unemployed, 1st Degree Blackbelt, BA in Philosophy :^)

IG Human Warlock with better Cha than the Bard but I let him embarrass himself all the time.
>>
36/m year old, warehouse guy for government defense contractor. Former Marine (Infantry) and I was a cop for a few years.

I usually play clerics, fighters, Barbarians and Paladins in FRPGs. I nearly exclusively played magic users in my wayward youth. Street Samuari, shamans and Riggers in Cyberpunk/Shadowrun settings.

Currently playing a 2 online Labyrinth Lord games as A Dwarf Fighter and a Human fighter in the other. Playing a Dwarf fighter in 5E in person game because no one wanted to be the tank. I orginally had rolled up a wizard.
>>
24 year old forklift driver, have a wife and a five year old.

I GM usually, currently GMing Legend of the Five Rings, Eberron (Using 3.5), and No Thank You, Evil. In the one game I play in, I'm a fighter who's an expy of Big Boss, pre-Ground Zeroes.
>>
>>46583259
18 year old University student.

In game Forever F*cking DM
>>
29, Uni student flunky extraordinaire.

>IG
Freeblade.
>>
20 college economy student in Italy

Playing a Werewolf the Forsaken game as a Cahalith/Storm Lord and GMing a Hunter the Vigil one
>>
29 years old guy stuck in a job position I cannot escape from, aspiring writer.

Giant dogman with the strenght of a mountain and the brains of pebbles; personality of a dog, befriending everyone and being a dumbass. Comic relief of the party and bruiser.
>>
25, materials/metrology engineer living in the alps

Mostly GM, but I also play a basic human fighter.
>>
>>46585129
I've had female GMs before.

Best one was an online Unknown Armies DM I had a few months ago...

Should hit her up about 3rd edition
>>
File: 78.png (690KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
78.png
690KB, 1280x720px
>this thread
What the fuck is this, some sort of "introduce yourself!" thread?
>>
>>46588132
>he never hear of Anonymous Anonymous support group
>>
>>46583259
20. Student at University of Toronto. Studying History and French. Play piano.

Play Shadowrun 3rd ed and Play/DM pathfinder and 3.5.

Current Char is a Norwegian Dwarf Street samurai with a pair of robot arms who loves beer and classic movies (play what you know) and functions as the team's de-facto leader (if not the face), muscle, and getaway driver
>>
>>46583259
24 year old american male, assistant in the quality control apparatus for a biomedical firm.

Currently playing two characters - first being an android lawyer, priest, and martial artist looking for the answer as to why his home town was targeted for destruction by a cult from a far-off city (Pathfinder, Iron Gods).

Second, a half-giant/half-elven vampire hunter looking to overthrow the vampires who took control of her civilization.
>>
File: 12345.jpg (729KB, 1500x885px) Image search: [Google]
12345.jpg
729KB, 1500x885px
Me: 18 year old highschool senior barely able to pass classes and generally not caring about anything.

Me in RP: A Hispanic Luchador named Hernandez. In D&D, only pick monk class so that I can punch people. Most famous attack suplexing people, and leaving signed autographs of myself as a sign that I was there.
>>
File: 1437737493810.png (162KB, 596x641px) Image search: [Google]
1437737493810.png
162KB, 596x641px
>>46583259
20 years old student
playing a paladin of heironeous because i feel like something is missing from my christian faith and i try to compensate by pretending to be a crusader
>>
19 year old computing science student.

Playing Achtung! Cthulhu.

A built aussie aircrew navigator who likes a hard drink and a bar fight.
>>
23 year old male unemployed law graduate.
Int 12, everything else is a dump stat.

In game, I'm DM.
The one time I was a player I was a glorious paladin, but that was short lived.
I have trouble finding jobs in the justice system both in-game and in life.
>>
>>46583259
A 23 year old groundsworker at the local university, looking to become an electrician.
I'm currently playing: A technomancer/rigger who's a member of !Anonymous, a systems technician who's using his share of the money from the jobs his crew gets to set his family up in a better life, and Mr. Totally-not-a-Witcher.
>>
>>46583259
I'm 22, living with my girlfriend and my parents. I'm a college dropout who works at GameStop.
In game I play whatever the party needs or "high concept" characters. Right now in Shadowrun I'm a Combat Medic who runs to find his street doc practice.
>>
>>46583525
>storyteller
well there's your problem omae
>>
32 year old insurance underwriting assistant.

Characters right now are a half-orc Cleric of Gorum in Pathfinder who stumbles wildly from one plot point to the next, and a deranged Vietnam veteran working as the roadie for a shitty punk band in Shadow of the Century.
>>
24 year old, ex-military, borderline drug addict research scientist

Ingame, high school shop teacher turned monster hunter with a sense of humour.
>>
29, high school English teacher

Current character is a druid who tries to make friends with everyone, usually resulting in them being killed in some horrific manner. However, my favorite character was my runt gnoll fighter who was freakishly strong and stupid but had a heart of gold.
>>
>>46584570
Favorite character trait? Whooo boy... I don't have a single one... it really depends on the party dynamic and the character overall.

My all-time favourite character was an older Army veteran gunslinger in pathfinder. His wife had passed away and his children had grown up so he adventured to do one last bit of good in the world before he died. He saw it as his penance for killing people during wars (he had mild PTSD in the form of vivid nightmares of battles or dead comrades)

He was gruff, grumpy, quiet and had an insatiable smoking habit, but he was also incredibly courageous and loyal to his friends and comrades. I guess the character traits broken down would be

>Loyal to the end
>courageous
>Grumpy
>Prejudiced
>Quiet
>PTSD
>>
>>46583259
30 year old chemist, working in an assay lab while going to school part time on the company's dime for my masters degree and father of two.

Playing two characters currently.
>Alchemist in my wife's PF game. Playing him very much in the historical alchemist vein, trying to transmute everything, has blown himself up more than once.

>Combat hacker in SR, former corpsec who was fired and blacklisted when the facility he was assigned to was breached and suffered a data steal. Started running to pay the bills and to give corps a middle finger.
>>
>>46583259
I'm a 19 year old Frenchfuck that's currtenly trying to get into a game design school but I'm pretty sure I'm gonna get rejected because I can never stay focused on one thing..
Also I'm very mildly autistic, as if being French wasn't hard enough
In game, I'm the Forever-DM.
>>
>>46583259
23 year old Bachelor's of History; in the interview process for working at an LGS; saving up money for flight school

In one game, playing an ex-Imperial Ace who is now a pirate volunteering for the Alliance. In another, a White Necromancer who is traveling far from his civilized homeland with a bunch of barbarians because the world is at stake.
>>
File: HIGHWAY TO THE DANGER ZONE.webm (318KB, 608x360px) Image search: [Google]
HIGHWAY TO THE DANGER ZONE.webm
318KB, 608x360px
>>46584570
The ShackTac mentality. Fun times and snarkiness while still under a serious and aware mindset, even in the face of Armageddon.
>>
File: 1457818461006.jpg (23KB, 600x383px) Image search: [Google]
1457818461006.jpg
23KB, 600x383px
>>46589572
Je connais ce sentiment frangin.

>IRL: 23y old, dog trainer even if i'm doing nothing for now (between two jobs and not looking for one at the moment). Good guy all around, playing vidya and MtG (with the same playgroup) in my free time.

>IG (Dark Herezy): Opportunistic psycher that is always seeking more power, walking the fine line of almost-herezy. Even if the other members are not really trusting him, they need him for the missions because he's a fucking beast.
>>
>>46583259
>LotFP
Mein neger

22 year old student writer and stoner doom metal enthusiast. Delivery service day job.

Playing different characters every week because our party has a morality rate of .8 per session.

>currently hoping to insert a tough, old cop into a LotFP-system cyberpunk setting
>other players run around playing 'muh revolution' while I grumble and lock up the real scum and the rats that fund them
>>
>>46583259
Me?
Just 22 years old end-year uni student on departement of law, also do some freelance work at arts, roadie lawbreaker, and a part-timer in National Secretary Office.

I playing a number of roles actually, depend on the system, and somehow most of it linked to my occupation.

Shadowrun? An ex-attorney elf sammy that's constantly on the run from Arescorp chase after revealing some of their hidden agenda.

DnD? Aspiring Archivist in Royal Court that also Mage/Fighter hybrid, joining party of troblemaker bunch because the Duke needs to keeping an eye on those bastard after they incinerate the town inn by starting a barfight and cause massive panic, also because my PC is the only Official (would be) closest to him that don't get their hands full.

DH? just an ordinary Sage that runs bunch of acolites in investigation of massive anomaly reading in a Hive World that revealed to be an old experimental DAoT warpgate that spewing demons after some malfunction.
>>
>>46584076
>student of many things
Ah, so you're a NEET.
>>
File: 1460301609771.png (617KB, 800x1887px) Image search: [Google]
1460301609771.png
617KB, 800x1887px
25 year old going and back into college to get some English degrees in Writing and Folk tales
I dropped out of college when I got a job at a Start up tech company. Still have the job and now some money so I thought to myself "Why not get a degree in something I like?"

I usually play as the underdog/"normal" character, high luck or whatever is like luck, carefree outlook on life, kinda stupid.
>>
>>46589978
No, I'm in education.
>>
25 year old steel worker.

I'm not in a game at the moment and it sucks.
>>
>>46583259

25 yo PhD student. Am pretty much a Forever GM.
>>
28yo set lighting technician.

Forever GM with no game atm. I'm a fan of OSR games.
>>
30 year old sous chef, degree in political science and ethics

forever gm
>>
>>46589668
>In the interview process for working at an LGS;

Shitty retail jobs have a process? I worked in a gaming store in high school. I don't even think I was interviewed just lived there and filled out an app.
>>
>>46583259
A 26yo ex-med student turned Medical Analyst applying for an MBA in New England.Competitve Marathoner and skeet-shooter. Mostly deaf in my (L) ear.

In game - the GM of a couple of different Dark Heresy groups also running solitare BFG campaign games.

>>46583528
Dude, diesel engines are awesome. If I ever get like a year off to just do whatever, I'd spend it learning how to repair machines and just modify stuff. Baller as shit job.

>>46585681
Why not go back to teaching at a Hagwon? Esp if you have an english degree - that shit can keep you in kimchi-girls forever.

>>46585715
Have you been to the VA? We've worked a lot with VA patients and they're way better about getting mental health screenings for vets. I know that they swear by the "Challenging beliefs" forms we use.

>>46586466
Until your esophogaus and teeth rot out of your head from the stomach acid. Ugh, shit's nasty.

>>46588498
What research bud?

>>46588658
Love adult learners - they're the fucking best students ever. You keep kicking ass Dad - your kids are going to appreciate it as you'll set the example of someone who's worked hard and kept the family together. My dad did the same thing and I'm always looking up to him.

>>46589572
Join the Legion Etrange!
>>
>>46583259
28. Male. Michigander. QC at a third tier auto supplier.

In game, an 25 year old Estalian diestro from Magritta. Friendly gentleman adventurer.
>>
>>46590968
>Esp
If I couldn't tell you were a faggot for putting noko in the wrong field years after the feature has been made obsolete, this shit would have made it obvious anyway.
>>
>>46583259
PNW, 26 yr old, forever GM. In and out of homelessness over the past 8 years due to PTSD and trying desperately to cope with that. Homeless at the end of the month.

Work in a movie theater, and run 5e at a FLGS.
>>
>>46591085
Brool story co! Thumbs up
>>
>>46590968
>What research bud?
Prosthesis and body part replacement, specifically mitigating effects of rejection and hopefully allowing for seemless integration of organic and non-organic components to the host.
>>
>>46586395
This guy is right: >>46586414
>>
File: Human Trainwreck.gif (500KB, 500x205px) Image search: [Google]
Human Trainwreck.gif
500KB, 500x205px
>>46583259
>Oveweight Neckbeard who is desperately attempting not to be a neck beard, and hates himself more than he should

>I GM World of Darkness using a hombrew system I've been crafting for the past year and half, because people are stupid and can't remember rules, so i made my own.
>>
>>46591168
Lower limb or upper limb? How are you making sure that you're staying within the axis of movement for the long-bones?

I could never understand that. Bio-Med Engineering is cool as shit, but, way out of my paygrade.
>>
File: Beast Rider.jpg (828KB, 3014x3240px) Image search: [Google]
Beast Rider.jpg
828KB, 3014x3240px
25, military paper pusher (contracting), spend my weekends enjoying time with my AD&D group and watching movies with people online and giving them the MST3K treatment. I'm also an amalgam of /tg/ and /k/.

Currently playing a young, eager for battle beast rider that wants to prove himself from a culture mixed from the Celts and Mongolians. Pic from a /tg/ drawthread related.
>>
File: 1424146873024.jpg (27KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1424146873024.jpg
27KB, 500x500px
>>46586549
This look here?
>>
>>46590968
On one side, Légion Étrange sounds like a nice band name, but on the other side, I think you were talking about the Foreign Legion...
But I think that the standards of that particular organisation are a tad higher than before.
>>
>>46591194
I'm a geneticist, so the complexities of the deeper engineer are wasted on me, but as it's been explained, they essentially re-purpose results and data from sports science and even mo-cap animation projects to build a baseline and then slowly adjust it on a per-person basis so the limb remains scaled with the rest of the body.

Right now most of the research is focused on left forearm replacement because locomotion is being handled by vastly more qualified engineers and a subject having an experimental non-dominant arm isn't too much of an inconvenience.
>>
>>46591408
Oh no shit, are you a sequencer or someone working with CRISPR? I'm still trying to wrap my head around fate-mapping/lineage-tracking with Cre-Lox systems.

That's cool, but man working on the radius/ulna has to suck because of the number of degrees involved in their movement: pronation/supination, ad-, abduction.

Good on you though - anything to make cyborgs a reality.
>>
File: Best Thread on :tg:.gif (21KB, 350x350px) Image search: [Google]
Best Thread on :tg:.gif
21KB, 350x350px
25 human male, America, unemployed
Soon to be graduate with degree in sculpture, worked a couple years in a microchip prototyping facility as a contractor

Played a number of varied character that trend towards diehard Lawful/Neutral Good. Current character is a Tech-Priest Enginseer/Medic, campaign on hiatus
>>
File: 1454168352006.png (244KB, 482x470px) Image search: [Google]
1454168352006.png
244KB, 482x470px
30, used car salesman

In game, elven warlock who traded off his whole family to the eldritch space gods for power
>>
>>46591586
Anon, you do realize playing self-inserts is frowned upon, right?
>>
File: ion_cannon.jpg (110KB, 1600x891px) Image search: [Google]
ion_cannon.jpg
110KB, 1600x891px
27, Spacecraft Command Controller. I command satellites. It's easy enough. Still fun though. There's room for advancement. Pay's decent enough - 75k at entry level, so I'm not wanting for anything.

I prefer to run games. For the few times I do play, I prefer techpriests, squad leaders, or snowflake ayys with heavy offensive focus.
>>
>>46583259
21 y/o, applied physics and electrical engineering student who's about to get his bachelor degree. Been browsing anonymous boards since age 12, browsing 4chan since I was 16, started browsing /tg/ two years ago.
Currently fat, unemployed and living with my brother who I despise, and sometimes with my parents who I respect.

I DMed a few games, but the last time I actually had a group was about half a year ago.
>>
>>46584570

My favourite trait is probably having a heart of gold with a scary exterior. And self-destructive behaviour is pretty fun too, even in minor cases.
>>
>>46583259
If you're asking what I play involving myself then I'll toss out every character I play is explicitly left handed, otherwise I couldn't rp for a righthander properly as I've never been right hand dominant.

A few tall guys like myself try to shoehorn being tall every character with that same reasoning, but I counter that everyone was short once
>>
28 years slav man - corporate code monkey, former freelance code monkey, freelance translator, teacher and private tutor. Also working on Masters degree.
Until recently it has been my dream to move somewhere nice in Western Europe after I finish my Masters, but recently Western Europe seems to be running out of nice places, so I don't really know.

Haven't had game in months, most recent was mercenary thug turned Judicial Champion of Ulric.
>>
>>46583259
The details of my life are quite inconsequential... very well, where do I begin? My father was a relentlessly self-improving boulangerie owner from Belgium with low grade narcolepsy and a penchant for buggery. My mother was a fifteen year old French prostitute named Chloe with webbed feet. My father would womanize, he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament. My childhood was typical. Summers in Rangoon, luge lessons. In the spring we'd make meat helmets. When I was insolent I was placed in a burlap bag and beaten with reeds- pretty standard really. At the age of twelve I received my first scribe. At the age of fourteen a Zoroastrian named Vilma ritualistically shaved my testicles. There really is nothing like a shorn scrotum... it's breathtaking- I highly suggest you try it.
>>
>>46591470
I fucking wish. I've only been working for a few months, so I'm relegated to calcineurin research while I catch up on about 4 years of work. and try to wrap my head around this utterly nonsensical working theory a previous researcher had.

Most of the actual physical dimensions for movement are entirely automated now, thanks to a collab project in the US, so for the engineers it's actually pretty fun. They get to take their prosthetic to benchmarking, fine-tune it, then take it well past maximum operating standards to find the perfect working standard.

I've been told, though you can never trust engineers about this kind of thing, that their bare-bones silicon ceramic hand model has a fibre-bundle density high enough to crush most consumer electronics and, when above safe operation, break bone. The cyborg age is so close you can hear its whirring and beeping on the wind.
>>
>>46591776
>I command satellites.

That is the best summary of a job I never knew I wanted.
>>
>>46591586
>>46591649
Fuck, I was going to make a similar joke.
>>
>>46592031
I had to look up what calcineurin was; once I realized it was immuno you gained my sympathy - my response to the immune system is pretty much "dude, what?".

Yeah, Biomed engineering is cool, but I kind of left them alone to do their own thing. That said the idea of a hand model that can crush bone by simply going above pre-set parameters sounds Shadowrun as fuck.

God so pumped to get cybernetic eyes.
>>
27 ex-Army, BA in Classics, developing screenwriter while working part time, dating a porn actress (not as exciting as it sounds)

Ancient 6th Gen Brujah, Celtic noble serving under Hannibal, in Mind's Eye Theatre Vampire LARP. Effectively half-senile grandpa at this point.
>>
File: 1338774986531.jpg (70KB, 604x905px) Image search: [Google]
1338774986531.jpg
70KB, 604x905px
>>46590968
Chemist anon here.

>my face when my 5 year old daughter accurately drew a sugar molicule for the art wall at day care.
>>
>>46592757
who's your gf, for science
>>
19 year old college student, majoring in music education, and hoping to become a band director at a decent school.

I play a somewhat world weary wizard, traveling with adventurers half his age, hoping to save them from their own stupidity.
>>
>>46590933
This one does. They have a crowd of people who want to work there. I'm the only one that they literally asked to put the application in, so I'm pretty confident I'll out-interview the others.
>>
>>46583259
>33 y/o MWM Correctional Case Manager
>(Kinda like a Guidance Counselor, but for inmates)
>Forever DM these days :(
>Played wide variety of character way back when
>Favorite ever was a VTM Caitiff bruiser
>Fun just to hit things, sometimes.
>>
22yo Australian paramedic. Drugs, booze, general slutting about, bit of a music nerd too.

Forever DM in my tabletop circle, however play a lot of casual mtg, usually Rx anything.
>>
>>46583259
25 year old college student finishing his degree in history.
In game I play the most motherly yet brutal light cruiser to ever sail the seas.
>>
>>46583259
24 year old gun salesman, guitar player, avid hunter living in the PNW as well

In game I am an 8' Goliath Barbarian who always chews a fat dip, prefers weaponless combat and when he uses a weapon it's a giant hammer he stole from a Minotaur. D&D 3.5
>>
File: 1432931545499.jpg (104KB, 720x576px) Image search: [Google]
1432931545499.jpg
104KB, 720x576px
20 y/o engineering student rejected from an engineering school, wanna be a technician in space. Volunteer as an EMT on night shifts (1800-0600), probably gonna go career to make money since solo landscaping, walking dogs, and cleaning cars just isn't cutting it.

Playing a lawful good wizard abjurer that's looking for the artifact his apprentice died searching for.
>>
>>46583259
20 year old Alchoholic, work at goodwill

In game: retired arena fighting Kenku with a pessimistic streak
>>
File: kenku5.jpg (18KB, 432x411px) Image search: [Google]
kenku5.jpg
18KB, 432x411px
>>46599932
hey, I used to work at Goodwill and once played a Kenku thief, myself
>>
>>46599954
Im a Kenku rogue. Small world.
>>
27 y/o maths and physics student working night's.

Gm for an evil Pathfinder campaign.
Commissar of the immortal god-emperor in dark heresy, responsible for 4 party deaths for trafficking with the unclean. Elderly and heavily moustachiod ww1 vet in call of cthulu. And gun toting mercenary in Pathfinder.
>>
25 year old university drop out, former smoker, getting life back on track, really big into history and social work.

Current game I'm a reckless Welsh knight in pre-Arthurian Britain just looking for a good time.
>>
>>46583259
23 year old chemical technician living in northern england, most of my free time is occupied by videogames and cooking.

In tabletop, I tend towards naive idealist types, but occasionally venture into eccentric wizards. Right now I'm actually branching out a little, playing a skeleton knight bound to defend and serve another player's character, a young noblewoman who lost her inheritance when her family's lands were ravaged by orcs.
>>
>25 / legal clerk

>Got drunk one day, committed a crime that's currently under investigation, hired a lawyer, left law school until my legal case gets resolved, do legal work in a small firm, try to get enough money so that I can pay my lawyer enough to make things go away

I don't think that I can ever make the people that I've wronged whole again. I would give just about anything for the chance go go back in time and beat the shit out of myself before I even had the chance to think of doing the shit I did. But what's done is done and the lawyer thinks that prison is off the table. I don't know how/if I can make things right, but I want to try.
>>
>>46599909

>20 y/o engineering student rejected from an engineering school, wanna be a technician in space

Get yourself to a target range and start practicing because you're basically young Isaac Clarke.
>>
>>46588333
How are you a law graduate at 23?
>>
File: jester__s_cap_by_anitalon.jpg (777KB, 638x878px) Image search: [Google]
jester__s_cap_by_anitalon.jpg
777KB, 638x878px
>>46583259
A happy person
many varied characters
ps. I lie. All the people I played with and my friends have moved from studying to work to different cities. And now I am alone on the edge of finishing my thesis on SEO
>>
File: 20160313_112905.jpg (200KB, 907x626px) Image search: [Google]
20160313_112905.jpg
200KB, 907x626px
24y/o cook.
I command an army of totally-not-occult-vikings in Kings of War, and in a friends homebrew play a Knight, born under a cursed sign, who seeks to redeem himself through honorable combat.
>>
>>46600981
>mechanical/systems engineer that has to go through hell and come out barely sane only to be declared insane and locked up until more bad shit happens

T-thanks a-anon
>>
>>46601378
The cool thing about this current era is that being barely sane or officially insane no longer means you get locked up, instead you get government dollars and loads of free time.
>>
29 year old male. used to be a derivatives trader, now i just chillax (aka rich hobo)

Elven hippe stoner wizard, currently the treasurer of a mercenary company in a half orc/human viking-esque nation
>>
>>46583259
>Who are you?
27 year old writer and game maker, between jobs presently (by choice, taking a trip overseas for a spell); going back to school soon for my Master's so I can teach at university.

>What do you roleplay?
Forever GM, so I roleplay everything.
>>
>>46583259
18 year old still in highschool
I like to play kind people who are kind of weak on their own but their strength is the connection they make with friends/Animals/Demons.
I really like threads like these since im just in high school it really calms my nerves and makes me think everyone has a place in the world in terms of jobs.
>>
>>46602382
>it really calms my nerves and makes me think everyone has a place in the world in terms of jobs.

one thing I've learned is that there is no rush, you'll get there when you'll get there. If that's in a couple of years, great, if it takes more than that-- you still got there, which is what counts.

remember that no undertaking has succeeded without setbacks, and that your pursuit only ends if you end it.
>>
>Who I am: 29 yo shut in with a dead end job and no future to speak of, also probably an edgelord

>Who I play: A rogue with a talking familiar. He's a wannabe archaeologist who constantly bickers with said familiar

>>46592019
No John, YOU are the demons
>>
>>46602382
>I really like threads like these since im just in high school it really calms my nerves and makes me think everyone has a place in the world in terms of jobs.
No one will be proud enough of not having work to post that. Your sample is poisoned.

The trick to getting a job isn't competence. Look at any employee, it's worse with managers. That's not the primary selector for employers. It's willingness to compromise. Don't care about your weekend? Great! No moral qualms about making the company money? Even better. Not verbose about any lifestyle choices, political views, or regilion (beyond the company line)? You're hired. Get a family so we can be sure you'll do anything to never lose this job. Being employed isn't hard. Being happy is.
>>
>>46602382
We're all gonna make it brah
>>
>>46583259
I;m a 27 year old mattress salesmen who moved to the Seattle area last summer just for kicks.
It's too expensive here...
>>
>>46598774
How do you find the history degree? Always thought about going down that route but got a bit scared of teaching being the only real career available.
>>
>>46602712
Oh, and as for what I play... I don't. I haven't really had the time to find a group yet, but I want to!
I know they're out there, but when you work 10 hour days...
>>
>>46602382
Some people find their niche right away, some like me take years. If I had anything to suggest to an 18yo at my 30 small years, its look for a trade before you get stuck in a rut. And it's always who you know, not what you know.
>>
>>46602735
Play online, lad.
>>
>>46600911
What'd you do, anon?
>>
21 yo female, recent-NEET looking for work. Studied Web Development and Multimedia. But I waste my time as a near-fulltime moderator for two groups and I sometimes do graphic design.

I am flaky as hell so I am shit at joining campaigns and rpgs, so I only have a couple of ideas for characters. I have an asshole space-captain who disregards all of their crew members and gets lectured each time.
>>
26, biochemist, author.

I have two characters right now.

In Exalted, I'm running a solar dawn caste mercenary commander who took over an embarrassment of a mercenary company and turned it into one of the most fearsome armies of the south. Now he works for the legitimate Jiaran nobility, attempting to expulse The Realm.

In Demon: The Descent I'm running a destroyer demon that is a former hunter angel that specialized in both investigation and precision killing. Imagine The Terminator and Sherlock Holmes pushed into one thing.

I'm also running an Eclipse Phase game where the players are either scientists with combat training or soldiers with scientific and technical background, working in a Firewall cell that specializes in doing science in extremely hostile environments. They blow shit up and study the ashes.
>>
>>46602691
What about charisma?

Nobody wants to hire a guy who can't into socialization.
>>
>>46583259
43 going on 44y/o ex-military officer, now an electrical engineer and project manager who designs the tubes to put the internet together.

I'm forever GM
Though I have a soft spot for Star Wars and old Warhammer fantasy roleplaying games
>>
>>46603110
You don't really have to connect. Just smile at the right time and have one topic you can talk about at an office mixer without coming across like a total nerd.

If you have customer contact you need a 9 to 5 smile.
>>
>>46602724
The degree itself was piss easy really. Only reason I had any trouble was occasional bouts of mild depression and a lack of fucks to give even for homework. As for jobs, I have two years engineering classes and am currently looking at technical writing since I don't want to be poor and abused ATM.
>>
File: 1443582007870.jpg (1MB, 1050x708px) Image search: [Google]
1443582007870.jpg
1MB, 1050x708px
>Me, 24 year old ESL teacher in Japan.
>Used to do forum based games but really detested the slowness of it all, but still GM for a Pokemon Tabletop United game.
>Game is in a region of my making, and the players are hilarious and varied. Kinda wish we could do Skype sessions to pick up the pace though.
>>
File: HAkPuWe.jpg (38KB, 600x899px) Image search: [Google]
HAkPuWe.jpg
38KB, 600x899px
33 yearold family man, late college attender studying biology, working as a lab technician for specialty alloy company by day. By night I'm a furfag playing a kobold alchemist named "Snyk wormstab" on the run from his old warren. I host a pathfinder game for my roommate, wife, and nephew. Wife thinks the furry shit is cute and gives me shit about it, makes me dress up for her. Been wanting to run as a gator shaman in Shadowrun, but the gm for it doesn't "have time." Pic unrelated, in the best way possible.
>>
File: 1439844655043.png (358KB, 750x690px) Image search: [Google]
1439844655043.png
358KB, 750x690px
>Me, 20 year old University student
>Picked up 5E alongside some buddies a few months ago, 1 of 2 people(other is GM) with experience in PnP games(did pathfinder a few years back)
>Roleplay: Most characters end up(if not started as) idealists or at least morally sound. Current game: Exiled Dwarven Mercenary that unsurprisingly acts as the group's moral center though not its leader
>>
IRL: I'm a 23 year old male working as the dairy manager for a small grocery store.

In current game: I'm a Thousand Sons Sorcerer and only remaining member of the original party. I'm expecting shit to hit the fan soon like TPK level shit things have been going too well for us.
>>
27, male, delivery driver, cosplayer, all around nerd.
I'm also...

An Ork burna boy workin' for a Rogue Trader, who thought the best way to stop the cops from chasing us through the city was to board their shuttles. He succeeded twice and made it to the ship.

A Half-Orc Fighter who is a professional butcher seeking to make the finest meals. Actively rivaled with the party vegan elf monk who has similar goals.

A human ranger who is, as close as I can, Big Boss from Metal Gear Solid. Has won grappling an ogre, captured a base and turned it into his own, largely goes through combat on the side intimidating stragglers for intel.

Just last month I was a Gnome Arcane trickster.
>>
>>46603802
Gator shamans are bad ass and a lot of fun to play in my oh so humble opinion. Good choice.
>>
>>46583259
20 y/o student for IT______, play vidya, live in aus
In game, None because literally no one plays here, and I have shitty internet, life is suffering
>>
28yo male, game designer working on a mobile hack'n'slash RPG.
Playing a human rogue by the name of Vincenzo Verano who co-owns a detective agency in an urban campaign in 5e. He's laying low after a heist gone bad in which all of his crew got killed and he himself just barely survived. Switching to a crime-fighting job seemed like a perfect cover.
>>
>>46606530
dammit I'm 27 actually, birthday is next month though and I'm already thinking of myself as 28yo... life is passing me by
>>
>IRL
16'yo geekfag type 1 diabetic, swedish. Studying Technics and shit.

>In Game
Sneaky Asian Bard, Hunted by a noble. Can play 2 instruments at a time. Also healer-ish
>>
>>46583259
28, it Performance Engineer, 40k world building fan, with an interest in all things historical, sci-fi and space.

In game a halfling rogue cleric of luck giving the edge to the good guys as the eternal dmpc.
>>
>>46600985
Depends on the country, in nz you can be one by 22/21 if you grad at highskool @17
>>
>>46583259
31 year old Oracle DBA. Otherkin, but I work for Russian government, who are even more deluded and out of touch with reality. Currently successfully recovering from health and mental problems and alcohol and drug addiction.

I mostly run games, currently GMing WFRP 2e game for my girlfriend, a VtM game for a group of my best friends and a DnD 3.5 game for my usual group.
My current character in a 3.5 game is a silverbrow human Wizard/Sorcerer/Master Specialist/Ultimate Magus. Originally a graduate wizard, he went adventuring to get enough data for his research, but soon discovered he had draconic heritage and sorcerous power. Currently he is in a process of learning how to combine both kinds of magic into one.
>>
File: knight of the broken blade.jpg (322KB, 1280x1283px) Image search: [Google]
knight of the broken blade.jpg
322KB, 1280x1283px
>>46583259
me
>20, BIO major with premed leanings
>we'll see if I can scrape the grades for it
>currently coming out of a pretty dark depression after months of craziness involving an school investigation to see if I'm a manipulative, abusive rapist
>don't think I am

in almost every game my characters are
>a lil sarcastic/wry
>looking out for a helpless NPC, or else haunted by the loss of a beloved NPC
>brave, and on some level selfless
>strong leaning towards healer roles, cuz ha, wish fulfillment
>>
>>46588544
>High school history teacher

How's the new generation treating you?
>>
File: z 17thc Wallhausen1626.jpg (248KB, 1015x656px) Image search: [Google]
z 17thc Wallhausen1626.jpg
248KB, 1015x656px
>>46585261
>>
>>46583259
19 year old jobless fuck

All the NPCs but would totally rock a human monk/cleric
>>
>>46606955
No. 10 should be them fucking
>>
>>46603239
Are you me?
>>
>>46583259
22 yo virgin, slightly chubby, in a traineeship to become a salesman

Play in a couple online games and one irl game, with a tendency to play hot-headed characters with bouts of violence, the likes of which I could never reach irl.
I don't even feel bad for venting my pent up aggression in-game as long as it's on NPCs and they deserve it.
>>
>>46583259
29 year old pleb working social security in a call centre. Had to stop doing HEMA due to injuries and wife nagging. Was studying microbiology and genetics had to stop to get work.

In game i normally gm but am playing 5th ed barbarian atm that is obsessed with personal glory and single combat.
>>
>>46584076
Expat I take it ? Or family in the military ?
>>
>>46586199

Similar but in Lincoln and Still a student.
>>
21-year-old English student, neurotic and hypochondriacal to the point it's not even funny, towering expectations of myself that keep me working myself to the bone and getting twitchy whenever I'm not proving my abilities. Nearly underweight, neckbearded, way too engaged in idols, anime, writing and East Asian politics.
In-game, a controlling and bullying but ultimately insecure South-facing Devil-Tiger Kuei-Jin - 26 years old, looks like a Tumblrina just to gain easy friends, used to be a follower and a non-entity who'd take the easiest way out while complaining internally about how it was everyone else's fault. As soon as she got supernatural powers, she started flexing them towards easy targets to get some support and self-confidence. Currently, it looks like it's only going to get her killed.
>>
IRL
>21
>male
>aspiring gunsmith
>also train in mma and archery

Roleplay:
>edgelord assassin
>>
>IRL
18 year old graphic design student from Spain.
>Character
A 2 foot tall paladin named Tyrone with a pimp cape, golden armor with hammer symbols everywhere, a piston powered warhammer and 8 INT.
He also wears 12 rings including a ring that makes him invisible every time he closes his eyes, and four small skeletons with trumpets that dance around him.
>>
26 yr old, in college for a forestry management undergrad

In game, I last was a cleric who tried his best to get along with the entire party and quell any interpersonal conflicts and make sure everyone's happy while surreptitiously collecting magical artifacts for a ritual to return his dark god to the mortal plane

Now I'm stuck DMing since the rest of my party hates it. Still resurrecting that dark god though!
>>
>>46602702
We all die in the end..
>>
>>46609704
Yeah, but anyone can make something with the time they have left.
>>
>>46609761
Oh definitely. But everything everyone does will eventually fade away.

Nothing lasts forever.

At least that goes for pain aswell.
>>
Irl

>28 year old barrier islander going back to grad school as an excuse to leave everything behind

In game(s):

>all PCs

>cocky, almost belligerent human sniper from a chaos torn war
>>
>>46607011
Possibly. Also might not be.
>>
>>46609817
Are you some kind of edgy nihilist emo-goth?
Come on, there's no guarantee this is going to happen.
>>
>>46583259
18 yo male student of forestry and radical ecologist.
I play PF mainly as a Barbarian/Bard Tiefling that gets whatever he wants by brain or brawn
>>
19 year old that does nothing but play fighting games, smoke pot, and climb trees in the woods at night.

I'm playing a few characters in pathfinder games right now. An industrialist fighter with anger issues, the pirate son of a witch, and a knight poet who worships the fates.
>>
>>46583259
A twenty year old illustrator struggling to survive between a dead-end retail job, living alone with no friends and barely paying off rent, while losing his morality to drawing smut for mentally ill people on the internet just to pay the additional costs.

Oh wait...
>>
>>46583259
29 (soon to be 30) year old lab services collection assistant. (I collect and ship urine samples). It's not really as bad as it sounds. I read a lot, although I'm picky and won't ready EVERYTHING anymore, do a lot of development and reading of roleplaying stuff, and play a lot of RPG and Strategy games.

The last guy I played was "Kenshiro, but dumb, and not as overwhelmingly powerful".
>>
>>46583259
26 yo unemployed depressive. I play because I enjoy it but now maybe it's to escape my life.

I run a gothic 5th Ed game, partially using the curse of strahd adventure and golarions ustalav.

I play an abjurationist in another 5th Ed game who is going to start going nuts if he can't stop his party from being offed.

I also play an ork kommando with far too much access to chaos and a penchant for explosives.

Also a Italian mobster in the 3rd millenium on his way to Poseidon the blue planet. He's amoral, lecherous and hotheaded but seems to have the skills necessary to survive on the rim.
>>
>>46612962
Furry art is a helluva business anon.
>>
>>46583525
>> be me
>> aggregate information for people about people
>> be a cynical asshole who hates the world and people
You sound like a cyberpunk/noir character
>>
>>46608414
>Spain

In context the character almost makes sense now.
>>
I'm a 238 lb waste of space.

I don't play anything.
>>
>>46583259
30yr old phd candidate working on my dissertation

Currently and lately I've been the dm, but the last character I rolled up for myself was a retired purists who now runs a bar but is itching for excitement again. Hank Nocloak, human fighter, battlemaster, with a big old lucky glaive.
>>
>>46583259
I'm 27 and a submarine weapons delivery system mechanic and small arms maintenance person.

I play whatever and used to GM GURPS
>>
36 / m / English teacher, from a small European country.

Currently roleplaying a Tzeentch sorcerer in Black Crusade and about to start playing a Cleric of Helm in Curse of Strahd.
>>
>>46583259
23 year old student.

I play mostly children and characters with no knowledge of the world at large. Mostly as an excuse to ignore all subtleties and pretend not to understand sarcasm.
>>
>>46584570
I like having my characters take everything literally.

>"What is our objective?"
>"We're gonna rob this place blind."
>proceed to remove the eyeballs from every person we incapacitate.
>>
>>46585444
When a large bore musket fired into a packed block of men at close range might kill one man by piercing his brain, another on the through-and-through, and wound three more by driving fragments of his exploded skull into their bodies.

Gunpowder warfare can get ludicrously gory.
>>
Irl: 20 year old training to be a protestant minister
In black crusade: a ex ecclesiastical priest who now worships the chaos Gods.
DnD: 17 year old trying to get famous under a fake name so his grandfather's memory will live on.
>>
>>46583259
mfw I have no face
43 y/o gone back to school because I still don't really know what to do with my life (it's probably some kind of ADD related thing. I should see a doctor about that.) Former animator and kind of want to get back into game development.

I've been hovering on the edge of RPGs the past few years. I tend to make skill monkies. The last character I made was for a Star Wars game using the Hero System.
A Shard (http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Shard) burglar that uses and occasionally hijacks droid bodies. It masquerades as a droid to avoid attention.
>>
19 y. Pole with SMA, about to finish High School and fail the last year exam with it.

Got no sight for the future of the 10~ years I have left.
>>
>>46614343
You're dying at 29?
>>
>>46614380
Probably, around somewhere there. Look SMA up.

Spinal Muscle Atrophy.
>>
>>46612962
life on /ic/ is hard
>>
>>46613319
It's an inquisitor too. Every time he's about to smite something he screams "JUSTICE!!!"
>>
>>46614396
Well, bummer dude... so... does this affect the kind of charaters you play?
>>
>>46583259
>Me
20 year old student. Majoring in Biology and Forensic Science. Huge Pokemon nerd /vp/ says hi.

Playing to DM a Pokemon based RP soon.

>Character
Defensive Tank Dwarf. My job is always to be in the front lines and absorb damage. Focus in Constitution and AC.
>>
>>46583259
35 y/o aspiring game designer working on 4 board games and an RPG. Currently earn money by project managing translations. Married to a gamer woman.
Currently playing a Bladedancer in ACKS. I don't like it very much, and I'm worried I'm going to have to play it a long time, because the GM is really good at keeping a game going. In our group it's either he or I who end up GMing 90% of the time. Last one I ran was Blades in the Dark and a playtest of my own game. My game just underwent a re-write, so I'll play test this iteration in possibly a week.
>>
>>46583259
25 year old PTSD and Alcoholic, was a Blacksmith but searching something that can pay the bills.

In game: Everything that is Orc.
>>
30 year old male, office worker. Split my hobby time between /tg/ and /m/ pursuits.

I usually DM, since I'm a failed writer and gaming is kind of my last creative outlet.
>>
>>46614745
How are you with blade making?
>>
>>46613285
I've come to the point where I find it hard to look people in the eyes as soon as the conversation leads to drawing. I tell myself that I'm not as degenerate as furries but it doesn't matter if you draw erotic softcore elves or hardcore furries it's all fucked up.

>>46614456
It's pretty ironic that the only saving grace of ic today is that there is literally nowhere else to hang around in online without stumbling into a hugbox circlejerk.
>>
File: Your average Joe the Wizard.jpg (222KB, 853x503px) Image search: [Google]
Your average Joe the Wizard.jpg
222KB, 853x503px
>>46583259
21 years old Finnish dental assistant student in a shitty school, living with my girlfriend of almost 5 years, formerly foreverGM.

Playing a half-elf homebrewed wild mage whose life is one big fuck-up. He has died at least 7 times already.
>>
File: melynx.png (49KB, 233x213px) Image search: [Google]
melynx.png
49KB, 233x213px
Me
>25, female, living with BF of 4 years, NEET, enjoys archery, knitting, and animals
My characters
>A 6'4 manly man cavalier that rides a Bullette. He's a big dumb idiot with a good heart and a love for food and drink. Suffers hallucinations from some eldritch multi-dimensional bullshit. My favorite character.
>A young Druid woman from a viking-esque northern clan, travelled to the south lands with her barbarian husband (played by my BF) to find glory and treasure. Finds difficulty in speaking with humans, prefers the company of animals and trees. In spite of her anxiety, she wants to help everyone and cooks meals for the party and heals their wounds.
>>
25-yo in data science.

Running an AdEva game.

Playing in an SR game as a hobgoblin party face who is a luddite.

Most of my characters tend to be fish-out-of-water who really shouldn't be in the setting. Like playing a perpetually cheerful character in a grimdark setting.
>>
24 years old. graduated from college last december with a business admin degree

i play whatever strikes my fancy because my dm has the brain of a squirrel and we never get anywhere with quests
>>
20 years. Big vidya fan. Never actually RPGd but I'm an MTG player, X Wing casual, and dabbling in Infinity.
>>
>>46603802
That woman has sex with that dog.
>>
>>46607513
Sometimes expat, but not banished or anything.
>>
>26, married, finishing up a Psychology bachelor (sucks to be in school when you got a tiny kid. idk how some of you other folks do it)
>hubs and I never really tried tabletop before but a friend got us into it
>been doing a PF campaign for about a year

Currently playing an elf ranger with a big dog.
>>
File: 1448746831620.jpg (45KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1448746831620.jpg
45KB, 400x400px
>>46606939

Whiny and lazy, but so was I at their age so I can't fault them for that too much. I'm actually pretty lucky and my students are quite sweet (if underachieving). Fucking hate the parents though. Holy shit, the things I've gone through over the last couple years. Had a dad who threatened to get me fired a couple months ago after I gave his daughter a 0 for plagiarizing 75% of her essay. I even gave her a chance to resubmit when she claimed it was her note-taking sheet. The second submission had every other word run through the thesaurus, so she got dinged again for plagiarism via synonym replacement.

Love the work, but man are the parents shitty.
>>
29yo EMT in a major us city.

I am currently playing a human Warlock disguising himself as a mercenary and hiding his magic under the confusion of battle.
>>
>>46583259
33 year old man child who is very active cycling and hiking to the point of almost bring an accidental hippy. I work in sleep medicine and am currently annoying everyone in earshot learning the tin whistle, as well as playing bass and piano. I had a classical education as a child and am fond of old high fantasy and modern neuro-punk. Brain hacking and altered perceptions, essentially cyber punk without the cyber.

I play a human fighter in a D&D based cluster fuck of rules that lets me focus on getting hirelings and training my own order as well as abusing magical items for boosts to keep on part with the casters. It would drive any purist insane but go fuck yourself we're having fun. My fighter is xenophobic and deeply religious to the point that he often gets mistaken for a Paladin but he has shit Wisdom so no spells for him.

In DH I play an adept that specializes in rituals "prayers for the Emperors intervention" who is getting an uncomfortable amount of corruption points. Looking to sage him up with the Malefic Scholar alternative.
Thread posts: 230
Thread images: 33

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.