[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How would you do a crossover between The Secret World and Shadowrun?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: 1261722-stw.jpg (104KB, 1280x916px) Image search: [Google]
1261722-stw.jpg
104KB, 1280x916px
How would you do a crossover between The Secret World and Shadowrun?
>>
Pretty easily?
>>
>>46568470
It depends how you want to do the crossover, do you want secret world in your shadowrun, or shadowrun in your secret world.
>>
>>46568544
Either would work really, because they are more or less the same setting.
I do see some difficulty in Secret World in Shadowrun, because the "bee going down people's throat to give anima" sounds Insect Spirity.
>>
>>46568615
The main differences between Shadowrun and Secret World are the fact that for one the supernatural stuff is hidden from most of the populace. Also there aren't megacorps in Secret World though I guess the factions are kind of similar to the corps, Shadowrun also has a slightly higher tech level.
>>
>>46568726
I would guess, not to mention if anima wells are cannon then people can come back to life as long as they have eaten one bee.
>>
>>46568749
I also meant to include the fact that if you were going off Secret World the only race you could play would be human as opposed to Shadowrun, there would also be a greater focus on investigation in Secret World
>>
Speaking of Secret World, I honestly feel that it could have been one of the best MMOs of all time if the combat wasn't so fucking awful in it.
>>
>>46568470
Doesn't it just become The Less-Than-Secret World?
>>
>>46568870
Yeah the investigation quests were great too, though it was very easy to cheat on them.
>>
>>46568805
And if you go by Shadowrun, then the secret societies would quickly become top-dog in the setting do to their slightly better magic. Especially the anima well thing because I recall that there was this one mission where you had to off yourself to find a clue as a ghost, then come back as if nothing had happened because anima well.
Not to mention crap like The Filth literally being corrupted anima/essence stuff from what I remember. Seriously though, how come the wiki for this is so shit?
>>
I fluffed a lot of characters from The Secret World into my fuckhueg nWoD/Call of Cthulhu campaign pretty sucessfully.
>>
>>46568749
They're canon. Lucifer talks about them and how it's pointless to try to really kill your character.
>>
>>46569424
Well yeah but doesn't Shadowrun have bacteria that eats essence stuff? They use it to kill insect spirits.
>>
>>46568470

Eject all of the non-human species.
~fin~
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.