[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Evil animal people

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 12

File: CrabPeople.png (601KB, 705x540px) Image search: [Google]
CrabPeople.png
601KB, 705x540px
You're GMing but you feel lazy today and just want something new for the players to beat up. This (fantasy) setting includes evil animal people for explicitly this reason. They're dumb, they're mean, they can use weapons, and they have quirky special abilities matching whatever specific animal they're based on today.

What are the best animals to use?
>>
Personally, I usually default to rat, frog, and boar people.

rats - hoards, necromancy
frog - pulling attacks, hopping around
boar - pushing attacks, charging
>>
Hornets.
>>
>>46564173
Damn anon you know what's up. Rats, frogs and boar/pig people are usually what I go for as well for nasty animal people.
>>
File: Image[1].jpg (35KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image[1].jpg
35KB, 223x310px
>>46564173
Rats aren't evil look how hot this one is
>>
Ox - big dumb bruisers, smash through things like gutsman's ass
Frog - Pulling attacks, hopping around
Eagle - kamikaze bombers.
>>
Lion - Wastes all its courage fixing problems in its own head, will never settle any of its scores
>>
>>46564146

Ape-men for dumb, vrutal, pillaging types.

Snake-men for scheming assassins and spellcastery types.
>>
>>46564146
I like snakes and tigers for this, but they would tend to be more of the cruelly cunning type than the dumb brute type.
>>
>>46564451
Wolves (not wolfmen) can be cunning too, but they're definitely stupid by human standards.

Evil animal people don't have to be dumb brutes.
>>
>>46564478
Yeah, but the OP specifically cites these hypothetical beastmen as "dumb" so they may be looking specifically for that kind of archetype.
>>
File: wasp woman.png (53KB, 300x500px) Image search: [Google]
wasp woman.png
53KB, 300x500px
>>46564184
Seconding hornets/wasps. Nature's little flying assholes. Only now they're the size of men and can use weapons.
>>
Human-People hybrids, because humans are the most evilest animal of all.
>>
>>46564600
*Tips hat*
>>
>>46564146
>Rats
Despite all the attempts to dispel the mythos around them, they will always be known as carriers of disease, perfect for sewer-dwelling cutthroats and necromancers.
>Snakes
Shady, vile, scheming, and cruel, the perfect assassins and cultists. Their hypnotic gaze only amplifies thier dark magic. Hope you can resist their venom, else you'll pay dearly.
>Vultures, specifically the Lammergeier
Carnivorous, powerful, and the heralds of death, what more could you ask for? The Lammergeier in particular looks like something straight out of fantasy and can crush bones with its beak alone.
>Gorillas
Equally cunning as they are brutal. They make the perfect warrior race who can tear your party limb from limb with their bare hands.
>Beetles
While not very strong or smart, their natural armor is stronger than any plate, and their multiple arms allow for a one-man phalanx. Their worship of the sun grants their priestesses control over spellfire and the whirling sands of their homeland.
>>
>>46564700

You fucking savage.
>>
>>46564600
>>46564700
Beautiful combo.
>>
File: Ink-Eyes, Servant of Oni.xlhq.jpg (468KB, 745x1040px) Image search: [Google]
Ink-Eyes, Servant of Oni.xlhq.jpg
468KB, 745x1040px
>>46564219
Better picture.
>>
>>46564146
Gulls.
>>
How did we skip spiderpeople?

Poison!
Extra arms!
Webs!
Really fucking creepy looking!
>>
>>46565673
I actually love to subvert my players expectations.

For instance, when they have to go find a macguffin in the Drider Capital City, they find out to their immense surprise that the spider-folk are all very polite and don't want to eat them.

And to answer OP's question, I would suggest something unusual, like deer or cat people.

Imagine the look on their face when they first see a deer-man impale and murder a helpless peasant with its antlers.

Vicious frog-people would also be somewhat interesting
>>
File: Muffet.gif (101KB, 216x212px) Image search: [Google]
Muffet.gif
101KB, 216x212px
>>46565756
>Polite spider-folk
>>
>>46564582

A world featuring a seemingly endless war between thousands of hornets and berserk-tier soldiers would be amazingly brutal.

You could add some mystery by not explaining where the bugs came from in the first place, and even hinting that the hornets might have been there first.

Also, it could possibly lead to a fight between the heroes and a gigantic Hornet-Dragon.

How fucking cool would that be?
>>
>>46564344
igetthatreference.jpeg

8/10 not enough banjo
>>
>>46565837
Starship troopers?

Except with swords. That's actually pretty cool.
>>
>>46565885
More or less. Imagine describing an infinite army of bugs flying through the air and blotting out the sun to your players. It would a great "Oh shit" moment in the campaign
>>
File: smug_animu_gorilla.gif (855KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
smug_animu_gorilla.gif
855KB, 500x281px
>>46565791
>tries having you eaten by a muffin-spider abomination
>after having you trapped in a web
>because you didn't buy her balls-to-the-wall expensive food

>polite
>>
>>46565791
You have the "Giant, Intelligent, Friendly, Talking Spiders" from Exile/Avernum. Also kind of funny because they have piping little high pitched voices, and are endlessly curious about you and your party. Some of them think you are "Cute" too.
>>
>>46566116
And, to be fair, because she thought you were some kind of sadistic racist murderer of her people.
>>
>>46566116
But she is rather polite about the whole thing.

Sometimes politeness dictates sitting down for tea with someone before murdering them.
>>
>>46564173
rats - hoards, necromancy, fitting in small places, paranoia
frog - pulling attacks, bubble magic, leaping, the false wisdom of someone who has never traveled
boar - pushing attacks, charging, wind magic, building huts, boorish partyers
>>46564184
hornets - hoards, poison, flying, berserker magic, building hives, teamwork
>>46564284
ox - just really strong, growth magic, endurance, not being bothered by things
eagle - flying, divebombing, scy'n'die, proud
>>46564438
ape - strong, great reach, swings from vines, (I've got nothing for the rest)
snake - sneakiness, poison, illusion and hypnosis magic, treachery
>>46564451
tigers - sneakiness, pouncing attacks, (I've got nothing)
>>46564478
wolves - (I've got nothing)
>>46564720
beetles - armored, sun magic, building things out of shit, musically inclined
>>46565592
gulls - wat
>>46565673
spiders - poison, extra attacks, webs, polite, sticks to walls
>>
>>46567028
Depending on the ape, they could be hyper-aggressive and intelligent. Maybe good at guerrilla warfare.
>>
File: rakshasa kid.png (476KB, 614x981px) Image search: [Google]
rakshasa kid.png
476KB, 614x981px
My big bad are Rakshasa Cat-people that are evil through political machinations and ruling through faith based on their Deva Origins.
>>
>>46567643
>guerrilla warfare
Fortunately, I am exactly the kind of person who would base a monster's abilities on a pun.
>>
>>46564344
Underrated post.
>>
File: Apocalypse_Meow_v01_023.jpg (131KB, 728x1103px) Image search: [Google]
Apocalypse_Meow_v01_023.jpg
131KB, 728x1103px
Cat-people.
Cats are assholes.
>>
>>46564146
Rabbit guerrillas
>conjure up intense guilt because of Redwall/Watership Down/Secret of Nimh flashbacks
>absurd dex fighters and unbeatable perception
>warren combat
>>
File: bebop.png (402KB, 656x360px) Image search: [Google]
bebop.png
402KB, 656x360px
>>46564146
I have an answer prepared for this scenario before hand.
>>
>>46565592
So, selfish jerks who attack things on sight, flee if actually threatened, steel random objects, never shut up, and shit all over the setting?

Sounds more like a PC race.

>mine
>>
squirrels - their tendency to bury their treasure makes them natural pirates
scorpions - they're just doing what's in their nature
>>
alligators - nothing in this thread so far has been nearly bitey enough
>>
>>46564146
Literally nobody in this thread has said crab people.

What is wrong with you folks.
>>
>>46577060

Crab people don't seem particularly nasty, even if they do tend to be shellfish.
>>
Ducks
>Nature's sexual predator
>>
File: Tibetan+Fox2.jpg (94KB, 700x467px) Image search: [Google]
Tibetan+Fox2.jpg
94KB, 700x467px
>>46577092
>>
>>46577652

Hey, don't be all crabby now.
>>
File: 1458682664593.jpg (347KB, 1000x652px) Image search: [Google]
1458682664593.jpg
347KB, 1000x652px
>>46577694
>>
File: armadillos.png (3MB, 1920x4500px) Image search: [Google]
armadillos.png
3MB, 1920x4500px
Armadillos
>>
I got good material out of this thread, thanks folks.

Summary: multiple people want rats, frogs, boars, hornets, and snakes. Additionally a large cat, large bird, and large oaf, but no consensus on which ones.

And even though only one person mentioned them, I personally like beetle people and would've forgotten about them otherwise.
>>
Sloths spellcaster
>>
>>46565673
spiders are way too overpowered though, since a spider can wield 8 swords.

maybe a spider person would only be able to wield 6 (otherwise how would it walk?) but still seems pretty OP. Also I guess other spiderfold classes would be OP as well, e.g. an archer using 3 bows, or a wizard being able to cast with 6 hands if you have a gestural magic system.

maybe make adult spiderfolk rare (like how regular spiders will have thousands of young but only a small number survive to adulthood) and make them a boss encounter.
Thread posts: 51
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.