[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

MTG Modern General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 298
Thread images: 43

File: wow anime.jpg (83KB, 300x426px) Image search: [Google]
wow anime.jpg
83KB, 300x426px
ELDRAZI WINTER IS OVER

MAKE WAY FOR THOPTER SPRING

Happy FNM everbody.
>>
>>46547016
Well that card is ruined. No choice but to burn it now.
>>
>>46547016
Are there new bans? official site hasn't added them yet.
>>
File: tg.jpg (47KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
tg.jpg
47KB, 375x523px
Thoughts on a card like this for control? Would the thopter combo deck want to play this?
>>
>>46547243
http://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/news/banned-and-restricted-announcement-2016-04-04

Effective Date: April 8, 2016

Magic Online Effective Date: April 13, 2016

Modern:

Eye of Ugin is banned.

Ancestral Vision is unbanned.

Sword of the Meek is unbanned.
>>
>>46547329
Fuck off.
>>
>>46547335
man... this is really sad for tron. Eye was just a nice late game card. It wasn't even broken, it just fetched a late game threat using shit tons of mana. Then they had to print cheap eldrazi. Fucking Wizards...

Anyway, so they want thopter to come back? I wonder if it will be fast enough... like, you are only gaining life turn 3 minimum, and only 1. If you can stall it out sure, that is a nice high value combo. Not sure if it can beat afinity though.
>>
File: Fuck Off Guy.jpg (48KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Fuck Off Guy.jpg
48KB, 375x523px
>>46547395
I see you are a pretty big fan. Here is a card just for you. What do you guys think of this card, would this see any play?
>>
>>46547432
I tried the Pascal Maynard Thopter deck... it loses pretty bad to Affinity.
>>
>>46547501
Should really be a 0/2 with the exile effect putting Fuck Off Guy under control of the target opponent.
>>
>>46547501
Custom cards have literally never been funny, please just stop before someone dies of secondhand embarassment.
>>
File: image.jpg (77KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
77KB, 375x523px
>>46547659
>>
>>46547432
Eye gave them unbeatable inevitability. You beat tron early or not at all, now tron is just as strong late game but they don't get to just chain tutor threats.
>>
>>46547432
Eye WAS busted in tron. There was no point to play a control other than tron because eye gave it such unbeatable inevitability. And honestly the deck runs just fine without it. Remember, Newlamog is a turn 4 threat
>>
>>46547875
>tron
>control
>i-it runs kozilek's return and has big guys so its a control deck r-right

tg is shit at magic fampai :^)
>>
>>46547991
Calling Tron a control deck is the hottest new meme in Modern general.
>>
>>46547991
>>46548062
Tron is a control deck.
Using cantrips to filter your draws, utilizing removal and board wipes, then playing a bomb to win the game. Just because it is quick doesnt mean it's not a control deck. Also nobody plays kozi's return
>>
>>46548200
>Order a set of Primetimes
>Three are MM2, one of them is M11
>Borders are triggering my autism

How obsessive does modern general get over sets matching?
>>
>>46548200
Tron digs through its deck to assemble a combination of cards it uses to power out big threats to overwhelm the opponent.

Or are you going to try and tell me sneak and show is control?

Removal =/=control senpai
>>
>>46548062
When deck consist 60% of assembling your tron and 40% of keeping opponent board clean, it seems pretty controlly to me. I guess you could call a ramp an archetype, but FUCK ARCHETYPES HOLY SHIT. Stupidest shit I hear on deckbuilding.
>>
>>46548776

I would say that's a combo deck to be honest.
>>
>>46548243
Enough to send that shit back. MM2 prime time is unplayable. Might as well have sent couple Chimney Imps.
>>
>>46548310

Let me guess, you think control means counterspells and nothing else right?

Removal IS control. You're shaping the boardstate closer to what you want; you're controlling it.
>>
>>46548981
There is no point on debating on this. People take things as they want. For example Liliana is fine card to start a shitstorm.

"Liliana is not a control card"
>Discards opponent hand
>Kills opponent board
>Destroy opponent board state

Decks basically just run their certain strategies that all differ from each other. Recognizing those packages, finding them and learning to play them are interesting and have nothing to do with "control, midrange whatever" shit. Yes, tron land packet could be combo if you like to think that as such. Yes, twin is combo in it's most known form. Who cares, because deck building doesn't revolve around those ideas. Deckbuilding revolves around certain packages that you have to interact with.

"This is a good deck against control" doesn't mean a shit, since it can literally mean anything. Comapare to "This deck is good against burn".
>>
Am I a scrub if I take a piece of paper with pre-established sideboard options to FNM?
>>
>>46549356
Take whatever you think will assist you and you feel comfortable with. Who cares.
>>
>>46549356
Depends. Does it happen to match what your meta is or if you do not know what your meta is, at the very least isn't a sideboard dedicated to a specific meta.
>>
>>46549356
No and if you play that deck long enough, you eventually won't need that list. Do what you need to do.
>>
Why can't we have an mtg thread without autism, FOR ONCE. Do you assholes sperg like this when you go to your lgs?
>>
>>46548981
>>46549305

Being "slow" (lol) and running some removal doesn't make a deck a control deck.

Tron is a combo deck, there is no denying it
>>
pls post an SOI jund loam list
also other SOI loam lists
>>
File: winkwink.png (189KB, 500x354px) Image search: [Google]
winkwink.png
189KB, 500x354px
>>46549503
Hey big boy.
For a fifty I can tell you all night things Troncan be.
Some things that you have not even dreamed about.
>>
File: 20160408_192759.jpg (3MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20160408_192759.jpg
3MB, 3264x1836px
post ur new baes
>>
>>46549691
Is this brad?
>>
>>46548981
Running removal doesn't make a deck control you shit head.

Archetype is entirely dependent on gameplan. If your gameplan is to assemble tron then shit threats out of your hand then you're not a control deck, no matter how much removal you throw in.
>>
>>46547875
>>46547991
Why are UW players so fucking autistic? If you want a viable control deck play Miracles
>>
>>46549691
>FTV Gifts Ungiven
Are you even trying?
>>
>>46547087
I hate it when people make proxies that make the card illegal.
>>
>>46550244
It's not FTV... Get your eyes checked.
>>
>>46550335
Oh. In that case
>>MM Gifts Ungiven
Is your level of effort up to par?
>>
>>46550502
I like the MM version more because it's errated. It's so annoying having to explain that I can choose less than 4 cards. MM foils also don't curl as easily as older ones.
>>
I'm drafting Shadows of Innistrad tonight but haven't played any set since Theros, anything to know?
>>
>>46550552
That's fair.
>>
>>46550552
That's how literally all search cards with a condition work though. You really play with scrubs like that?
>>
>>46550765
Magic is dead, again
>>
>>46551197
At FNMs, yeah, sometimes lol.
>>
File: IMG_20160409_103017.jpg (6MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160409_103017.jpg
6MB, 4032x3024px
R8 my memerange.

Sleight of hand is probably going too far but in defense it started out as a mentor deck. Any advice as to what should swap it for?
>>
>>46551705
Get rid of those Dank Lavamancers for Goblin Guides.
>>
>>46550120
>implying I play UW memetrol

Nice try, senpai
>>
>>46551705
Azorius Charm is absolute garbage in modern.

Mismatch Helix triggering me.

4/10
>>
File: 1444251255895.jpg (189KB, 801x837px) Image search: [Google]
1444251255895.jpg
189KB, 801x837px
2-1-0 with Prison at a different store than usual.

2-0 Affinity. Suppression Field + Ghostly Prison slowed G1 until I could kill with angels, and G2 saw all 4 copies of Stony Silence AND all 4 Mesa Enchantresses hit the field. Opponent scooped when a second Nykthos reset my combo.

0-2 RG Tron. Already my deck's worst matchup, amplified by mana screw. Accomplished nothing, got Karn'd both games.

2-0 Skred. G1 he sort of durdled waiting for me to play threats to respond to, and by the time he knew my gameplan I had two Prisons and a Field out (neutralizing Koth). Burned me to 3 before stabilizing with a Leyline, and angels beatdown. G2 was Leyline Time feat. Kor Firewalker. T5 Sigil sealed the match.

>mfw multiple players call me a bad person because of my deck
>>
>>46551996
Ur a gay.
>>
>>46549666
satan trips
pls answer
>>
>>46551990
Azorius charm is great against delve creatures, OK against burn, bad but not terrible against goyfs and helps get through with geist against everything.
Plus worst case it can cantrip.
>>
Now that eye of ugin got the ol' banneroo, does anyone have a good post ban blue tron list?
>Also thank jebus for delivering us out of eldrazi winter.
>>
>>46553336
I feel like being able to tutor emrakul was more important for blue tron than it was for Red-Greed.
>>
>>46551735
I feel like Goblin Guide isn't where the deck wants to be. If it was going in the more burn/aggro direction then I think it would be running Boros charm.
>>
>>46555227
>U Tron needing Emrakul
lolno
Academy Ruins Mindslaver combo all day.
>>
File: fresh from pack.jpg (60KB, 540x960px) Image search: [Google]
fresh from pack.jpg
60KB, 540x960px
>play at FNM
>go to side and realize I'm missing a $80 card
>think someone swiped it from my deckbox
>suspicious all night long
>tilt into an 0-2, Round 3 Bye and Drop.
>get home and dog greets me happy
>he runs into the living room and looks at the ground wagging tail
>card is sitting there unscathed

Does anyone else hate getting a bye when you're down games? It's like "here, go fuck yourself for an hour"
>>
>>46556393
>Does anyone else hate getting a bye when you're down games? It's like "here, go fuck yourself for an hour"
the real reason i'm driven to win beyond natural competitive spirit.
>>
So I just got back from Modern FNM. Sure enough I played against a WU control deck with ancestral visions and thopter sword. I was running Knightfall and ended up losing 1-2. It was very close, game 3 my opponent had foundry out, but I had my him down to seven life and had three burn spells in hand but only two red mana sources, I burned him twice, then he drew sword and started gaining five life a turn, I quickly lost after that.

it seems like ancestral is a bad late game draw, but if you are one-for-one all game long, it really isn't that bad at all.
>>
>>46548243
I intentionally run 3 copies of one art plus 1 copy of a different art in all my decks. I also play lands in front.
>>
>>46549356
I don't think it makes you a scrub, I think it makes you a tryhard
>>
>>46556393
jesus christ why is that happened to that catacombs? thats just depressing and disturbing.
>>
>>46558486
You might as well play some of your cards upside down at this rate.
>>
>>46558924
Happens every now and then in packs.

If you send it to Wizards (especially if you have a Judge write something to support your claim) they'll usually send you a replacement one.
>>
>>46558924
I wouldn't want to replace that beauty. I'd sell it pretty high, those misprints/miscrimps/miscuts are quite valuable.
>>
>>46548200
Are you the same guy who's been posting that tron is control in every modern thread lately? Because you're an idiot.
>>
>>46558486
you are not allowed to play lands in front fucktard.
>>
>>46547515
Pascal Memenard is bad - don't trust into his skills just because he is a "pro"
his build sucks

>2 Spellskites should be main
You can tutor them, you can pump them, you have a mainboard answer against you bad MUs (fast stuff, burn)
Sideboarding them is just stupid

>Ghost Quarter
I just don't get why this is flying under the radar for so many people
Ghost Quarter is a basic fetchland with Citadel - since you are running all 4 Citadels in modern (because you can't run Synod/Vault) you can easily include Ghost Quarter mainboard and fuck with stuff like Tron AND fix your mana painlessly

>7 discard spells+Lily
you play Lily + some discard not discard + some Lily
Thoughtseize is just stupid in Tezz - you don't care for costly stuff or big creatures - you only care for cheap removal and tempo/aggro cards
that's why IoK was a staple in the deck all along and Thoughtseize was not (also the 2 life are much more painful in Legacy and the T1 play was always Signet/Talisman/Chalice)
to elaborate: at some point you start to vomit 5/5s, Bridges, and 1/1 flyers - there is no mid/lategame creature threat you have to fear

>Artifact ratio
Tezz +1 is very fragile and a common mistake in Tezz builds is a wrong artifact/non-artifact ratio
Tezz +1 failing to find an artifact is no only painful but can cost you games
in this case playing so much discard and 3 LotV is just plain stupid
little Tezz is no tutor but a value machine - you want his +1 to read "draw a card" no matter what

>1 Bridge
wew

Secrit Tech:
something I played in the modern Tezz port (before sword) for years:
3-4 Vault Skirge
Vault Skirge T1 solves the Affinity MU - recurs SotM - makes Burn MU great - is a flyer to finish games on it's own
Even more Secrit Tech:
2-3 Ensoul Artifact - blabla 2for1 - this is PW removal, finisher or a T2 combo that a lot of fair decks can't handle

tl:dr; Maynard built the deck wrong, too many non-artifacts, too much discard, not enough modern adjustments, wrong cards in sb
>>
>>46559465
additionally because I just realized it
>no Chalice
Maynard is just stupid if he thinks he doesn't need it
Chalice for 0 or 1 can kill half an Affinity hand
Chalice is still a valid maindboard card in Tezzeret, even in modern
Since the unban I have seen so many people talking about the deck - especially on the MTG Salvation primer - without realizing the deck has been played and optimized for years now

there are a lot of things that have been tried and solved for quite some time

stuff like "include Sieve" or "moar removal" or "let's play counterspells/even more discard" just aren't good

if anyone is really interested in UB Tezz: go to TheSource and read up on the 88Tezz primer in the Established Decks subforum - this is by far the best discussion on the archetype - yes it is the Legacy version - but some basic things like ratios, inclusions, general direction got much better discussion there than the shit primer on Salvation
>>
>>46559533
And a last thing I missed to add:

>Ghost Quarter
I forgot to mention: including this mainboard also kills Inkmoth Nexus
>>
>>46556393
It's shit.
At that point you just want to play for fun,, and then you get a bye...
>>
>>46559841
Yeah. I feel you. Byes are only good when youre already up.
>>
File: image:89690.jpg (61KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
image:89690.jpg
61KB, 312x445px
Well it was an ok night. Ive been having a losing streak lately. Playing Burn and went 0-4 the last two events but at least tonight I went 1-3.
Played Control and got pretty close
Played against tokens and won
Played against the mirror, blown out by firewalker
Played another control deck. It felt like they just had the perfect counters always.
Thinking of putting in two Exquisite Firecrafts SB. Just sick of getting countered. Theres also way more control now since AVs back.
Played some Legacy too. Did better there. Had an awesome match against infect. 2-1 but it was really close.
>>
how would you balance a 1 mana creature that had cascade in modern
>>
>>46559966
theres not all that much you can cascade into 0 for in modern famalam.
if this was legacy or vintage i'd say sure, but cascade for 0 in modern isn't as good as you think anon.
>>
>>46560009
visions
>>
>>46560025
That and living end. That's already a plenty.
>>
>>46547016
That's not a bad idea for an alter but that execution is so shit I feel bad for everyone involved.
>>
>>46559966
You can't, that's why too broken. Look at Shardless Agent in legacy.
>>
>>46559966
you take 10 damage when you play this creature?
0/1

dumb idea
>>
>>46559966
cost w
spend only mana produced by a creature to cast this spell

when it enters the battlefield sacrifice 3 permanents you control

0/2
>>
>>46560098
Oh come on. Restore balance is shit, but this is just demented.
>>
>>46560109
yeah I didn't even know this card exists

this is the problem with a broken mechanic like cascade, however shit I tried to make the 1 mana card it was still playable
>>
File: reeeeeeeeeeeeee.jpg (20KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
reeeeeeeeeeeeee.jpg
20KB, 600x600px
>>46548243
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
Is milling relevant in Modern? I've never tried a mill deck before, and I don't have friends anyway so I figure I've got nothing to lose.
>>
>>46560057
Mostly living end and restore balance. Compared to hitting your wincon reliably draw 3 is a whiff.
>>
>>46549691
ma nigger
whats your shell?i´m playing uw tron gifts
>>
>>46560272
no
>>
>>46560272
If you play it right it is semi viable, but you need to be interacting with the graveyard via surgicals and extripates all that you can. In general its not as efficient as burn.
>>
>>46560272
It's a strictly worse borse burn in constructed. People fall into the trap of "if I mill x they cant use x" when most decks are pretty redundant and play playsets of key cards and graveyard recursion is a thing. You can't beat Emrakul g1.
>>
>>46560660
you can beat emrakul game one with rav traps and surgical extractions but its a stretch
>>
>>46560868
True but my point still stands. The optimal play vs unknown deck is to just go for it since the odds of Emrakul (even in Tron after the eye ban) are so hilariously low that it's not worth considering even if you get btfo. It doesn't get any easier after sideboarding.
>>
>>46560272
Lantern Control s a thing. That's about it.
>>
>>46561296
And the thing to remember about Lantern is that it doesn't win via milling but by default since your opponent can't win under a lock.
>>
>>46561831
Well, it's the only thing remotely playable that does win by decking your opponent (if not via Ghirapur Aether Grid).
>>
>>46559366
Yes you are you idiot. The tourney rule change is ONLY for on camera matches.
>>
2-2 with budgety Faeries no Cryptic/Toughtsieze/Inquisition/Mutavault

0-2 Ad Nauseam.
First game guy topped deck Ad Nauseam when I didn't have counters.
Second game didn't draw enough counters or had disruption.

2-0 High Schooler's casual UR dragon deck.
Gave him advice to run Silumgar's Scorn and Dragonic Roar and less lands that ETB tapped.

0-2 RG Tron. very close games.
Didn't draw enough responsse or sideboard hate.

2-0 RG Tron again.
First game was a complete lock down.
Second game was very grindy. We were both flooded with mana. Eventually closed the game out with 3 Mistbindcliques I drew.

I got to play Ancestral Visions nearly every game. Felt amazing every time. Even when topdecked on turns 3-4 it proved to be useful when the game grinds on.
>>
>>46562240
That's pretty budget, thoughtseize, cryptic, muta, are all so much less expensive than they were a couple years ago.
>>
thoughts on this?

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/09-04-16-modern-control/

wanted to just make a very staple esper control with thopters, am I missing anything
>>
File: cranial plating.jpg (42KB, 200x287px) Image search: [Google]
cranial plating.jpg
42KB, 200x287px
>>46562240
RG Tron in the shit bracket, I see.

I went 4-0 with Affinity:
2-0 vs Abzan Collected Combo
2-0 vs Abzan Aggro
2-0 vs Tooth and Nail (got paired down)
2-0 vs Gruul Aggro

Only thing that was interesting was turn 2 Stony silence in the 2nd game vs Abzan. I had a bunch of beaters, so it didn't even faze me.
>>
>>46562379
But I thought price memery was a thing
>>
>>46562240
>people still aren't playing mono green eldrazi tron
That deck is the future of tron decks. Does as well against aggro decks as normal tron does but control becomes an effective bye and midrange a very easy matchup. Compensates entirely for the lack of eye of ugin.
>>
>>46562561
phyrexian obliterator is still SO FUCKING EXPENSIVE

the card sees ZERO play in any decks anywhere, and isn't even good in edh

I want to get a playset for my mono black devotion modern deck to finally work, but god they cost as much as the lillys
>>
>>46562541
No Tron pilot who knows his shit and draws anything but 15 lands in a row loses any UBx matchup, the MU vs fairies is so favored its not even funny.
>>
>>46562602
I was just trying to stir the pot of /tg/ baddies that think RG Tron is broken.
>>
>>46547016
>thopter combo gets unbanned
>Edgy Tezzy goes from a $5.00 bulk mythic to a $40.00 powerhouse 10/10 must buy good goy

lol this is ridiculous and I even have a playset form ages ago.
>>
>>46562584
Obliterator appeals to casuals. "Omg a 5/5 for 4 with an upside"
>>
>>46562704
>lol this is ridiculous and I even have a playset form ages ago.
I'm glad I follow legacy... even though I haven't played it in 5 years. Keeping up on legacy has saved me from getting stung a few times (more recently with Elves and Merfolk).

In the case of the recent unbannings, I have a playset of Ancestral Visions because of Shardless and I've got 4 Dark Tezz and 4 Damnation because of that UB Tezz deck from 2012.
>>
>>46562821
I really wish wotc would just ditch modern and reprint some fucking format staples and not some bullshit limited print set. Fuck collectors and fuck the reserved list, magic is a game not a fucking retirement fund.
>>
File: 1446440392882.jpg (13KB, 174x177px) Image search: [Google]
1446440392882.jpg
13KB, 174x177px
Is buying inkmoth nexus now a stupid idea?
I could get a four of them for $100 from a guy I know.
>>
File: Brown-fairy-black-cute.jpg (51KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
Brown-fairy-black-cute.jpg
51KB, 600x800px
I know it's a meme but someone have a good faeries list? What should i put?
>>
>>46563002
No such thing.
>>
>>46562937
Most likely won't see a reprint in EM and Infect will only rise up in popularity without control, so no.
>>
File: 55030934_p0.png (1MB, 992x1403px) Image search: [Google]
55030934_p0.png
1MB, 992x1403px
>>46556393
>>Does anyone else hate getting a bye when you're down games? It's like "here, go fuck yourself for an hour"
I haven't gotten the "between rounds" bye in years, but first round bye is annoying as fuck.
>FNM starts at 1830
>show up at 1800
>first rounds aren't posted until 1900
>faggots who showed up late are playing while I have the fucking bye
The next three rounds of steamrolling are cathartic.
>>
>>46563002
>someone have a good faeries list?
Yes. Take a normal faeries list, remove all the faeries, and put in literally anything else.
>>
>>46547329
>Removes capability to use instants
>>
>>46562575
list?
>>
>>46548200
>Using cantrips to filter your draws, utilizing removal and board wipes, then playing a bomb to win the game.
Lol
These things are not what define control decks.
Standard kids that think control is "kill some dudes, drop a fatty, and pray" need to fuck off.
>>
>>46551996
prison is actually a pretty great deck if you know your meta, since it has all the tools it really needs to beat most anything. Struggles a bit versus junk/jund, but its not too bad. Tron is a horrendous matchup though.

Every time I've played prison at my local modern nights I've gone X-1 or better.
>>
>>46563002
4x Bitter Blossom
4x Spellstutter
4-5x inquisition/thoughtsieze
4x Remand/Mana Leak
2-3x Cryptic Command
4-5x kill spells
3-4x mistbind
2-3x vendilion
Snapcasters or Scion of Oona if you are more instant or creature heavy.
3-4x Ancestral Visions
Mutavaults or Faerie Conclaves
Optional 2x Tasigur or new Kalitas
If you run Kalitas run 2 delve spells like Murderous Cut.

This is generally what most Faerie players are trying to build around. Deck is expensive compared to how average it performs in tournaments, mostly because of Bitter Blossom. But with Ancestral visions unbanned and Eye banned it could fair better now.
>>
File: dredgewhen.png (256KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
dredgewhen.png
256KB, 312x445px
>>46550247

That proxy is perfectly fine for play, although you should get the head judge to OK it. Just need name and mana cost (and maybe P/T?) to be visible
>>
File: okkid.jpg (4KB, 119x125px) Image search: [Google]
okkid.jpg
4KB, 119x125px
>>46550247

That proxy is perfectly fine for play, although you should check with the head judge to OK it first. Just need name, mana cost (and maybe P/T?) to be clearly visible, and this card should be easily recognizable to anybody in a Modern tournament.
>>
>>46563464
I'm still missing a few pieces like Greater Auramancy/Privileged Position, but it's a pretty reliable deck. I don't think the Jund matches are too bad with Heliod and mainboard Leylines, but Chord decks with recyclable Pridemage can be hard to lock without hexproof or shroud.

Tron is just a losing battle.
>>
File: chaosdunk.png (276KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
chaosdunk.png
276KB, 375x523px
>>46547659

au contraire
>>
>>46563537
I'll never understand why Bitterblossom is so expensive despite seeing play literally nowhere.
>inb4 le price memery
>>
File: 76547674656546436543653.png (15KB, 564x307px) Image search: [Google]
76547674656546436543653.png
15KB, 564x307px
>>46563369
Here is an older list. I would replace all of the oblivion sowers with two all is dust and a conduit and replace one of the ruin processor and the two dragon claws in the sideboard with three warping wails.

You can also consider replacing the main board ruin processor with a kozilek the great distortion (this card is like emrakul against control but is also as effective against grindy midrange decks and is much faster than emrakul.)

I have been testing this deck and getting data on its winrates, and it currently has a 75% winrate against an unknown meta.
>>
>tfw seriously considering buying chinese counterfits to play at my fnm

ayyyy, a nigga gotta eat amirite?
>>
>>46563882
Tokens is T3/4 but it's a relatively common deck, and it usually runs 3-4 BBs.
>>
>>46563917
Go on, nobody will notice
>>
>>46563917
No one cares. No one notices. Double or triple sleeve them or something to make it harder
>>
>>46563537
What do you think about Tribal spells like Peppersmoke or Noggin Whack?
>>
>>46564089
Just because they're tribal doesn't mean they're good. Generally they're too expensive or have underwhelming effects.
>>
>>46563917
They'll probably go under the radar at FNM/local tournie in a bar-level, go for it.
>>
>>46563882
Lorwyn wasn't popular and all reprintings have been at mythic.

It is also a piece of Magic history since it dominated Standard while it was legal as well as Extended.

Speculators are also holding on to them in case Faeries make s break through one day.
>>
>>46563537
Thanks
No spell snare?
>>
>>46564111
1B for discard 2 (with limited choice) and a Bob/Tiago/dork killer with cantrip for B is too expensive or underwhelming?
>>
>>46564159
Yes because meanwhile every other deck is paying 1 and x for "holy shit this fucker/equipment will swing lethal in 3 turns", "control players hate him, this sneaky bastard wins attrition wars all by himself with this one upkeep trick", "your graveyard is your hand" and "next turn I'll cast a Karn if this resolves".
>>
>>46564089
Peppersmoke is meta dependent and is not as good as a T1 play as Disfigure. It usually takes the place of Disfigure on the main board or sideboard if there lots of deck running 1/1s (not tokens) going around.

Noggin Wack requires you to hit with a rogue which most Faeires list don't run much of outside of the tokens from Bitterblossom. Better to run Despise/Duress. It is powerful if the opponent has a small hand.
>>
>>46564159
>1B for discard 2 (with limited choice)
You know there are one mana discard spells in modern, right? Also, noggin whack didn't even see play in faeries when it was standard legal, because fucking thoughtseize was released in the same block.
>Bob/Tiago/dork killer with cantrip for B
Also incredibly narrow.
>>
>>46563353
This. Snapcaster is the best faerie
>>
>>46564129
Spell Snare is part of the sideboard or mainboard depending on the meta. Great against Thopter/Foundry, Affinity, Control.

I just gave the most generic list as possible. There is a lot of variation in the removal and counter package between decks.

Kalitas is becoming popular because it helps against the burn match up.

The only core that remain the same is 4 Spellstutters and Bitterblossoms.
>>
>>46562584
> isn't even good in edh
It's almost like it completely discourages any red board wipes or anyone from trying to hit you or block it
I bought a playset awhile ago traded 2 probably just gonna sit in the last two because that card is rad as fuck
>>
>>46564415
Better hope a blue, black, white or colorless boardwipe dont remove it them.
>>
Why is Tron called Tron?
>>
>>46564519
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZZv5Z2Iz_s

You assemble pieces to make a Robot.
>>
>>46564519
Voltron, parts together are better than their sum.
>>
>>46564519
Voltron was a big mech formed by a bunch of smaller mechs (think Power Rangers, if you're a 90s kid). The parts together are needed to bring out the potential greater than the parts alone.
>>
>Primal command to shuffle away tower
>they top deck tower

True horror
>>
>>46564631
>spending 5 mana to dismanlte urza tron when you could just play Lush Growth or Nylea's Presence
>>
>>46564745
5 mana is chump change for my deck and those cards don't have a place main board with how narrow they are
>>
File: thaliaslieutenant[1].jpg (49KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
thaliaslieutenant[1].jpg
49KB, 265x370px
What are the chances that human tribal can be a thing in Modern now with this guy?
>>
>>46565119
0%
>>
So can esper dragon become modern deck ?
>>
>>46565333
Too slow you suck
>>
>>46565119
Was able to take a game off of my tron deck, although it still lost the matchup. I don't run pyroclasm.
>>
>>46565958
>no clasm
Are you high? Whatever do you run instead of it?
>>
>>46564767
Tooth and meme isn't a deck.
>>
File: 60989078978968976789.png (2MB, 1122x1002px) Image search: [Google]
60989078978968976789.png
2MB, 1122x1002px
Would banning snapcaster mage, lightning bolt, tarmogoyf, thought sieze, path to exile, and mox opal and replacing them with these cards make modern more balanced?
>>
How common is chalice of the void?
>>
>>46547016
I'm thinkig about buying the SoI UG intro pack (love the clue mechanic). Do you guys have any experience with it?
>>
>>46566324
What do intro packs have to do with Modern?
>>
>>46566275
Depends on the meta. It's useless against Eldrazi and rarely good against Tron, but it hits nearly everything else and can be played in most decks.
>>
File: 896789678578678678967.jpg (33KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
896789678578678678967.jpg
33KB, 223x310px
>>46566367
Didn't you hear? Clue mechanic is the next big deck in modern. I recommend running a red white black version of clue stone midrange with pic related as your commander.
>>
>>46566097
Tell that to all my store credit loser
>>
You guys notice the synergy between the Rare Dark Ascension Flashback cycle: http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Search/Default.aspx?action=advanced&text=+[flashback]&set=+[%22Dark%20Ascension%22]&rarity=+[R]

and Harness the Storm http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?multiverseid=409917 ?
>>
>>46567040
I notice how they all have way too high of a cmc other than the red one
>>
>>46566097
Guy at my shop plays a naya midrange version that doesn't just go all in and he usually takes first
>>
>>46566207
Banning all the good cards would be very modern, but printing a bunch of cards that are "X but really bad" would have 0 impact on the format
>>
>>46566207
>gain 1 life and draw a card
Holy shit, if I could I would thunder myself even against burn.
Those cards are shit and you should feel bad about creating them, go back to /ccg/.
>>
File: 1403376931722.png (323KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
1403376931722.png
323KB, 375x523px
>>46568807
I think even /ccg/ would be offended to be associated with those.
>>
>>46567708
Not really. The red one is too high CMC when you consider that you need to cast a second spell for it to do anything.

To do anything, you need to tap RRRR+the cost of the spell you're casting. So to make bolt do 12 you need quintuple red, and to have drawn 2 bad forks.

This aside, would a card with "until end of turn, whenever a player casts an instant or sorcery, you copy that spell and may choose new targets" for RR be worth a damn, or still be too expensive? I like fork effects, but costing 2 is a bit too much to ever be playable.
>>
File: 1414300922251.png (4MB, 1500x1568px) Image search: [Google]
1414300922251.png
4MB, 1500x1568px
>>46568845
What about cooldown guy's cards? Do you think any of his ideas would help balance modern?
>>
>>46569347
Here's your (You)
>>
>>46569347
holy shit every single one of those """""cards""""" is absolute dogshit
>>
File: 1328583916154.jpg (212KB, 821x1095px) Image search: [Google]
1328583916154.jpg
212KB, 821x1095px
>>46569347
No lie, formatting aside I like Bash N Cash. It's cheaper than Electrolyze for a situationally stronger effect, but wouldn't change the format in any meaningful way.
>>
will it see play? I think control would like to try this very much
>>
>>46570159
>drop on turn 2
>I use my removal
>>
>>46570211
>drop tarmogoyf on turn 2
>I use my removal

I'm glad that shit card isn't played anywhere
>>
>>46570211
>dies to removal
>>
>>46570159
Queue the abrupt decay angry eyes pic
>>
is that really big guy who lets you take an extra turn, Cost like 15 mana and all that other crap still in standard?
>>
>>46570319
Seriously?

Emrakul was printed ages ago
>>
>>46570211
>>46570283
titi at least has one thing going for it: you WILL feel stupid when you waste a dismember or path on it because it's shit value
>>
>>46570336
Right but is he still in modern? or is he now in vintage or legacy?
>>
>>46570389
Noice bait dude
>>
>>46570417
I sware it's not a bait. I was told that modern cards from things like modern masters never go out of modern.....
>>
>>46570283
But good goy gof can attack turn three while that flip card faggatory requires a lot of work to get it online
>>
>>46570461
I'll give you the benefit of the doubt.

Modern consists of cards printed in standard legal sets from 8th edition until present day. Cards do not rotate out. Bannings are the only thing that change what cards are playable within the format.

Emrakul will always be legal whether or not my group thinks the card is too strong
>>
>>46570159
This meme again
>>
>>46570461
If you're a new player, look up deck construction rules on Wizards of the Coast's website. Read everything.
>>
>>46570461
>splinter twin
>>
>>46547671

>t2 glimpse
>on curve with this

fuck off
>>
>>46570569
Do you not know what roborosewater is?
>>
>>46570605
sould like some gay reddit shit
>>
>>46570526
So....I could make a deck with him and play him in modern?
>>
>>46570644
Wow underage pls go

>>46570654
Yep
>>
>>46570701
on a related note. I love taking extra turns. Is there a viable deck in standard or modern that is about taking a bunch of turns other then Turbo turns? I also like blue alot cuz you get to be "that guy"
>>
>>46569571
Reported for making my eyes bleed
>>
>>46570654
Yeah... there are some modern decks that run Emrakul:
Some versions of Girshoalbrand/Instant Reanimator
Some versions of RG Tron
Polymorph, Tooth and Nail, Summoning Trap and other garbage decks
>>
>>46563739
I don't know if you play Nevermore, but you should. Also, I played 4 Sunscour main last time I played, but that was when Eldrazi was a thing. Might not be needed now.
>>
>>46570159
Pretty much useless. One guy played it against me last night and I just Vapor Snag'd it before the 4th spell resolved.
>>
>>46570797
>Tooth and Nail
>garbage

Spoken like a true shitter that's never played the deck
>>
>>46563318
>using military time
which branch, fagit
>>
>>46571046
I tested it a year or two ago. It lost to just about everything played in my meta.
>>
>>46570159
>>46570211
>>46570303
>>46570529

I don't think people understand that this card is not a wincon. You just let it sit there blocking while you counter and kill everything else thats relevant. if they get rid of it then its fine, they wasted tempo trying to get rid of a threat instead of finishing your life total. that buys you time to find your answers and gain card advantage. it also synergizes well with manlands.

>>46570954
what deck was he playing?
>>
I finished building my Allies list I started back in 2009, let me know what you guys think of my masterpiece:

4 Hada Freeblade
4 Expedition Envoy
4 Kazandu Blademaster
4 Oran-Rief Survivalist
4 Akoum Battlesinger
4 Kabira Evangel
2 Lantern Scout
1 Firemantle Mage
1 Kor Bladewhirl
4 Collected Company
4 Lightning Bolt
1 Return to the Ranks

23 Lands including 4 ally encampment, 1 city of brass, 1 gavony township and the usual fetches + shocks, a bit more basics than a usual naya manabase.
>>
>>46571322
It's shit
>>
>>46571322
>Allies

kek

With 4 CoCo you may as well build abzan CoCo.
>>
>>46571322
Boring /10
>>
>>46571264
le counter and kill everything meme :^)
>>
>>46574842
See >>46547329
>>
>>46574877
Why do you think you're so funny and ebin? Nobody cares about your shitty bait
>>
File: 1242144.gif (2MB, 200x150px) Image search: [Google]
1242144.gif
2MB, 200x150px
>mfw Sultai midrange with a playset of Jace, AV, Liliana and Tarmogoyf

what a bargain.. might as well play vintage at this point
>>
>>46547329
>>46547501
>>46566207
>>46569347

Fuck off. Seriously you shitters have your own thread and forums, why do you bother clogging up the Modern thread? Tweet these at Maro for all the good it'll do.

>>46571264
>they wasted tempo trying to get rid of a threat instead of finishing your life total
>Wasted tempo
>Killing a 2 drop

>gain card advantage
>Playing a do nothing 2 drop when you could drop a Bob, Goyf, or Eidolon

Okay friendo, have fun getting completely overrun by turn 4

I dont understand why every set has piles of Timmys and Johnnys coming out trying to make every new card "work" when there are just better suited cards already in Modern.
>>
Why SCG is trying to force this tranny on stream when he didn't accomplish any relevant finish ? Every tournament he is at least 1 time on stream.
OY VEY!
>>
>>46575697
This bitch's using non-matching plains
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
File: EldraziTron.png (16KB, 571x315px) Image search: [Google]
EldraziTron.png
16KB, 571x315px
How does GR tron do against control now that eye of ugin is banned? The guy who made this list says that he had a 100% winrate against blue control decks after 50 games.
>>
>>46575936
>look mom, I posted it again
>>
File: 200px-Emrakul.jpg (35KB, 200x270px) Image search: [Google]
200px-Emrakul.jpg
35KB, 200x270px
I love building Decks (wasting money in cardboard).
My first Modern Deck was Merfolks (still the one i use in FNMs), then I tried something different and built a cheap Mono-Green Devotion (very fun, fast, but unfortunally a but unreliable), which I ended up changing to a Tooth and Nail (it's basically the same Deck but with a few different cards) which I'm getting a major success in my meta (I also bought, for the first time, fetch lands, still have to try them in the Green Devotion one).
I'm thinking of building now a Hatebear or Death and Taxes Deck (already have the Aether Vials and Mutavaults from Merfolks). Is it a good choice? Or are there better choices (considering the low price it would be)?
>>
Went 4-0 with UB Tezzerator. Beat Burn Twice, Grixis Delver, and Infect. Fuck aggro babbys, suck these nuts.
>>
>>46548978
NJ>>46551705
How about mana leak or remand
>>
How much is a reasonable price to pay for sword of the meek?
>>
File: Cytokine Storm.jpg (47KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Cytokine Storm.jpg
47KB, 375x523px
Would this card help to make esper more viable in modern?
>>
>>46579636
>>
>>46577550
Hatebears isn't as cheap as you might think, given that it runs stuff like horizon canopy. It's a cool deck but it suffers from low power and needs a near-psychic ability to read the meta to really get the best out of it. Still, really fun when it works for you.
>>
>>46579636
Pls
>>
File: image.png (300KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
300KB, 375x523px
>>
So I'm the guy working on that suit chalice tezzerator build. Made it BUG, here's what I got.
BUG Tezzerator
Land (23)
1x Academy Ruins
2x darksteel citadel
1x Breeding Pool
3x Darkslick Shores
2x Misty Rainforest
1x Verdant Catacombs
2x Island
4x Polluted Delta
2x sunken ruins
1x Swamp
4x Watery Grave
Instant (16)
3x Dismember
3x Abrupt Decay
2x remand
4x Mana Leak
4x Thirst for Knowledge
Artifact (12)
1x Batterskull
4x Chalice of the Void
3x Sword of the Meek
4x Thopter Foundry
Creature (3)
3x Spellskite
Sorcery (2)
2x Damnation
Planeswalker (4)
4x Tezzeret, Agent of Bolas
It's a great deck, and I cannot lose to aggro, it's not possible.
>>
>>46578184
Howd you beat Infect? The lifegain is completely inconsequential. The only pro of Thopter Sword in that match is that you have flying creatures to block Inkmoth, but they still have Apostles Blessing and the thopters arent colorless.
>>
File: image:76494.jpg (63KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
image:76494.jpg
63KB, 312x445px
Am I a bad person for playing Burn and Sneak and Show?
>>
>>46559909
>Art
Here is a weapon
>Text
Create a Spell
>MFW
Er.. Ok...
>>
>>46575664
>I dont understand why every set has piles of Timmys and Johnnys coming out trying to make every new card "work" when there are just better suited cards already in Modern.

Because that's how some people enjoy playing the game?

Making weird combos work?
>>
File: image:91075.jpg (60KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
image:91075.jpg
60KB, 312x445px
Anyone else here just really like playing with the most powerful cards ever printed? Theres something about using them they just feel so much more fun. Thinking of throwing together a vintage cube to draft with.
The reason I dislike draft currently is not for money reasons or even that the sets bad (SoI is leagues better then BFZ or Khans) its just that all the cards feel so weak. Id rather play this for two mana then a vanilla 2/2.
>>
>>46580711
But you don't play sneak and show, you just post in every thread about how you want to play sneak and show. Also that art is shit
>>
>>46580843
Yeah man if you want to go and blow 30 gs on a holiday cube you go for it
>>
>>46580870
I have it proxied for now. Been practicing against my friends Shardless BUG. Its pretty solid. I do own all the real cards for Burn however so thats what I take to Legacy tournaments. I like the Judge art ;_;.
>>
>>46570159
Cracked two of them in sealed. They're pretty great for limited, but I really don't think they'll be useful in Modern.
>>
>>46577164
I've been testing the deck and it's been blowing kids out of the water on xmage. obviously not a 100% winrate but it's very strong, conduit into worldbreaker or newlamog is soo good.
It's also been putting up good results at my LGS
>>
>>46580897
You can buy the collectors editions with gold borders (which arent tournament legal but are real cards printed by WoTC) for fractions of the price. Theres do many collector cards from the power 9 to the dual lands. It makes it a lot cheaper and no ones going to mind because its just a cube.
>>
But I liked the eldrazi winter
>>
File: 1459984391439.jpg (12KB, 353x424px) Image search: [Google]
1459984391439.jpg
12KB, 353x424px
>>46580934
>on xmage
Also
>having literally no way to beat burn at all
>>
>>46580955
Collectors cards still cost a lot, at that point just play proxies
>>
>>46580984
not gonna waste cash on mtgo when I barely have enough for paper magic, and it's better than cockatrice
also, maindeck all is dust and 2x feed the clan and ruin processor in sideboard works decently against aggro decks. was able to blow out zoo on turn 3 with an all is dust at my shop
>>
>>46570904
I side Nevermore. My meta has too many jank brews for it to be good in the main.
I main 4 Wraths, which (between Ghostly Prison and SSG) was often fast enough.

>>46571092
Civilians use 24h time as well you know C&E, RCAF here
>>
File: image:81600.jpg (34KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
image:81600.jpg
34KB, 312x445px
>>46581013
True but they look more professional then proxies. $75 for a dual beats $300 and it doesnt need to be fully powered just have enough broken cards to be fun.
>>
>>46581053
>zoo is burn
>2 feed the clans is going to stop burn from raping your shut
Burn is going to be at least 10% of the meta yet again. There's literally no reason to play your deck, it's ducking trash and you digest me. You're like one of those living twin players, just jamming 2 decks together and getting half the results.
tl;dr; kill yourself
>>
>>46580711
Make a Legacy thread, and go the fuck away.
>>
>>46581090
>300 for a dual
What is eBay?
Paid less than 200 for all my volcanic and undergrounds, just be patient.
>>
File: image.png (135KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
135KB, 223x311px
>go to FNM yesterday
>brought a cheap casual deck that I creatively designed myself
>can't stand netdecking. my playgroup and I call it autistic, but of course I'm not rude to my LGS
>the deck is basically forests, mana elves, some elf support and obviously the green staples fog and giant growth for tricky interactive plays
>1 terra stomper for sweet sweet trampling action when I need it

So anyway I go to FNM, miraculously multiple tron players get land stalled (one of them mana wove so I countered with a mash shuffle that reverses mana weaving and makes the lands stick together). Somehow I make it to the final round. Let's go back to the greentext.

>somehow I make it to the final round
>thopterfoundry.deckpeg
>the guy is really cringy and annoying
>"Muahahaha I designed a combo that lets me continuously gain life and create thopters that can chum block anything you throw my way."
>he brags and laughs throughout the whole first game and wins it
>fuxk no I can't lose the match to this kid
>game 2
>"muahaha I got my combo up! Time to chum block you with thopters ALL day GG no re hahahahaha"
>not today
>I drew my terra stomper
>I trampled through those motherfucking thopters

And know what? I did the same game 3 and won the whole motherfucking FNM, believe it or not.

IT AINT YUGIOH
>>
>>46581147
You're a faggot, Legacy is good shot and anyone who discourages the discussion of it can suck a dick.
>serum visions is the best card selection spell
>>
>>46581125
>>zoo is burn
it's pretty close when their opening hand has 3 nacatls, a bolt and a path
>There's literally no reason to play your deck, it's ducking trash and you digest me.
nah it's pretty good, try it for yourself sometime. obviously the aggro matchup needs to be improved but it's a relatively new list. the thought knot seers definitely help against burn's small dudes it takes their burn away
>>
>>46581203
Welcome to Modern General. "Legacy" ain't on the tin, troll.
>>
>>46581187
I actually thought this was a troll at first, but then I heard your description of the Thopter player. Every Thopter Foundry player I've seen is a fuckhead like that.

IT AIN'T YUGIOH
>>
>>46581187
You greenest like the most massive autist.
>>
>>46581187
IT
>>
>>46581249
How many thopter foundry players have you encountered, it just got unbanned. Also, I play it, and I feel like I'm a pretty reasonable giy, I don't watch anime.
>>
>>46581285
AINT
>>
>>46581147
Legacy threads dont last long though. No need to clog up the board. Theres enough people who play Legacy here to have a good discussion about the meta and the decks they play. Legacy is fun. Just like Modern is fun. No need to limit yourself to one format.
>>
>>46581222
Im waiting for the meta to settle in modern before deciding if I want to build anything new. I wanted to play Thopter Sword but I just dont think its good enough in modern. Who knows I might be wrong. Saw a lot of Ancestral Visions this Friday but no Sword. Visions seems ok, I saw it go off a couple times.
>>
File: 55914708_p0.jpg (87KB, 600x1024px) Image search: [Google]
55914708_p0.jpg
87KB, 600x1024px
Speaking of, are there any Modern decks that require card interactions as complex as YGO summon chains? So far nothing I've played has been as mentally taxing as 30+ summon synchro solitaire.
>>
>>46581421
thopter sword is good in a tezzerator deck. outside that I dont think it's that great, maybe in uw tron
>>
>>46570771
Blue's pretty piss poor in the modern "play uninteractive linear decks" format. i dunno maye sword of the meek will change things but I doubt it. Takin turns is the only deck that really takes additional turns, and it's tier 2.5 at best. But hey if you think you found a playable counterspell deck in modern let me know because I would love to get in on that train.
>>
>>46570771
http://www.mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/modern/developing-competitive-modern/571235-time-walk
this looks up your alley, not sure if it's what you're referring to by turbo turns though
>>
>>46581090
I really don't get why people don't realize that's the most powerful card ever printed. It basically reads: pick up your library, cast everything.
>>
>>46582026
it's banned in legacy and restricted in vintage for a reason.
>>
>>46581090
Holy shit I literally didnt see the Storm part. I was trying to figure the combo out, like how is this thing good?
Then I read Storm
>>
>>46581439
>solitaire
>complex
kek

interactive magic is much more complex
>>
File: image.jpg (44KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
44KB, 223x310px
>>46581439
Maybe not quite as complex but the jankier you make your jankskai ascendameme the more fun it is to solitaire
>>
>>46582026
Once you get to the really powerful cards its hard to judge if any one is more powerful then the other. Take Timetwister and Wheel of Fortune. Both are crazy powerful but could you easily say one is more powerful then the other? Probably the most powerful card in terms of raw power on its own is Ancestral Recall. Instant speed draw 3 for U is absurd, and unlike Minds Desire its good in any deck that runs Blue where as Desire requires a Storm deck to be broken.
>>
>>46582221
Is ascendancy combo becoming less of a meme deck? It seems to be putting up as many results as other tier 2 combo decks.
>>
File: Image (4).jpg (30KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image (4).jpg
30KB, 223x310px
Salvage Titan deck when?
>>
>>46582165
Yup just cast it for 3 storm or higher and win essentially. Go play test it, youll be surprised at how few times you wiff. Even with only one in the deck its still amazing.
>>
>>46582363
Never. Its a bad card even in Affinity.
>sac three artifacts to put him in
>they path/dismember/bounce him in response
>they just 4 for 1d you
>>
>>46582416
You wouldn't play this in affinity you retard. You'd play it in something closer to eggs.
>>
>>46582547
>plays or wants to play eggs
>calls me the retard
>>
>>46582619
Closer to eggs =/= eggs.

Also, that would be autism, not retardation.
>>
File: I can punch guy.jpg (29KB, 401x367px) Image search: [Google]
I can punch guy.jpg
29KB, 401x367px
Brewing Titty monster in my temur burn with maindeck destructive revelry wish me luck
>>
>>46582369
Last time I cast Desire with 3 storm I hit wheel, misdirection, vault, key. That was pretty nasty.
>>
Haha people still play this meme format? What's wrong with you people, too poor for Legacy, too proud for Pauper and too fun-hating for EDH?
>>
>>46580934
How do you beat a combo deck that win on turn 3 or 4 ?? (Ad Nauseam, storm, Scapeshift) ??
>>
File: yawg_will.jpg (77KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
yawg_will.jpg
77KB, 312x445px
>>46582026
Yawgmoth's Will is better.
>It basically reads: pick up your graveyard, cast everything
>>
File: 1458595509826.jpg (15KB, 318x405px) Image search: [Google]
1458595509826.jpg
15KB, 318x405px
>>46581090
holy fuck are you paying 75$ for "official proxies" ??
What
the
fuck

Way to go goyim.
Great to know some people enjoy more than others getting cucked by the Jews of the Coast.
Just buy some 2$/card black core chinamen proxies, they're good enough for a cube.

Wtf dude, 75$ for a single proxy card
>>
>>46583155
mostly karn but ghost quarter and world breaker and help too, it's a hard g1. mainly the same plan as RG tron
post sideboarding you have options like relic and needle
>>
>>46548243
I actually intentionally run different arts for cards if it's feasible. It gives variation to how my field looks.

The only thing I try to keep consistent is land art.
>>
>>46582289
a guy at my LGS is playing it.
He always go 0-4 or 1-3.
Sitting accross the table just to watch him solitaire for 10 minutes before conceding because he didn't found what he was searching is annoying.
>>
>>46583238
also forgot that you have thought knot seer which is a strong turn 3 play if you don't have karn.
just go google any videos of RG tron vs a combo deck, then imagine you don't have pyroclasm or ugin and instead you have big eldrazi and thought knot seer.
>>
Honestly memedern players should be lined up and shot. They're just bad people.
>>
>>46580759
I suppose its Lady of the Lake.
>>
>>46581187
JUST
>>
>>46584153
>>46584153
New thread
>>
>>46583155
Ad Nauseam's most common turn is 5 or 6, 4 requires the nuts and they have nothing to prevent Karn or Wurmcoil engine hitting you beyond damage range. O-stone clears Unlife and can be used in response to draw with Maniac on board, since all their draw spells are sorceries.
>>
>>46583084
>edh
>fun
Pick one, because you can't have both. Edh is the most degenerate thing ever.
>>
>>46547016
I know Zombies in Modern are shit. Indulge me anyway. This is the list I have at the moment

4xGravecrawler
4xDiregraf Ghoul
4xBlood Artist
4xDiregraf Captain
4xGeralf's Messenger
4xRelentless Dead
4xEndless Ranks of the Dead
4xDistress
4xTragic Slip
1xArmy of the Damned
1xGrave Titan

Besides replacing the budget Thoughtseize, what do you think of this deck?
>>
>>46556393
Look, you were down games, right? Then statistically speaking, you would have lost the match anyways, faggot. Enjoy your freebee.
>>
>>46585971
Cut endless ranks. Too slow.
>>
>>46582079
because you have to shuffle your library 5+ times just to resolve it?
Thread posts: 298
Thread images: 43

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.