[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If you were given the powers, talents and skills of the last

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 6

File: Sadly.png (2MB, 1283x1760px) Image search: [Google]
Sadly.png
2MB, 1283x1760px
If you were given the powers, talents and skills of the last character you played at the cost of becoming that character permanently, would you do it? Why, or why not? How would you actually handle it in practice?
For the memory/personality death types, assume that neither memory or personality change, and that any skills or knowledges gained are in addition to the ones you already have.
You gain all gear that's defining to the character (for example cybernetics for a street samurai), but not the odds and ends that your character might have picked up over time. You have to deal with the consensus of the normal world, but on the flipside only a few hundred other people all over the world are assumed to have undergone the same process (and they're almost all as one 1e Sabbat players or magical-realm players). Powers that govern universal concepts or otherwise give you godlike powers become more limited in scope (you won't be able to do much more than subjugate a small country at first at the very most), but not everyone is of the same power level.
Hard mode: You also acquire the character's personality.
Pic carried over from the last thread because there's literally not a grain of potential magical realm factor in it.
>>
>>46538584
Hard mode: definetly not death of personality is death.
Otherwise yeah I think I could handle becoming a young halfling in exchange for arcane might borne of the primal chaos of the universe.
>>
>>46538631
Just to taunt you: Would you rather have all your memories intact, including those of your old personality (which would make you capable of acting like it) while having your personality changed drastically, or would you rather have someone blow your brains out with a shotgun?
>>
>>46538584
Do i want to become a grumpy, yet respected, almost two meters tall half-elf who can lift a car, run like the wind, knows alchemy, engineering, weapon smithing, geography (in caves mostly) and mercantilism like they're written on his eye lids and knows how to flail around with sticks like he was born with one in hand? Hell the fuck yeah.
>>
>>46538584
>thai cuisine
>>
>>46538584
Last game I played was Darksouls 2, plz no bully and made a Guts knockoff, so hell no. Not putting up with that mark
>>
File: Lady feeling a little blue.jpg (229KB, 1000x1333px) Image search: [Google]
Lady feeling a little blue.jpg
229KB, 1000x1333px
She was Dianthus, a 'gynoid' As much as magitech living sand can called this from a thousand years into the future.
I just won the Super Power Lottery.

Ok, so I'm now-
Nigh indestructible
>100s of tonnes dropped on her broke an arm, leg and ribcage.
Fast healing
>One week to heal any damage except for the command crystal, which takes years.
Atomic forge
Internal atomic forge allows the construction of more silica to replace lost matter. Or any element.
Shape shifting
>Any person or shape.
Polyglot
>All known languages programmed in.
Eidetic Memory
>Perfect recall, three centuries spare memory
Full spectrum vision
>Entire electromagnetic spectrum.
>Also time and esoteric energy fluctuations.
Flight
>20k/h maximum speed
Teleport
>10km range once ever several hours
Super Speed
>500k/h on land and in water
Super strength
>20 tonnes, give or take a few kilos.
Aquakinesis
>1,000L and around 30m range.
Thermal manipulation
>Between 1K to 323K
Energy vampire
>Feeds off spiritual, or life, energy. Making thirty people lethargic for a day is a weeks worth.
>Atomic forge also can provide energy but much less returns.
Complete blueprints
>Can make more of myself with the correct items. Magitech crystals will require extensive study to create if at all.
Healing kiss
>Can create the Panacea. Creator thought it romantic if administered via kiss.

I'll even go full hard mode as they were Tabula rasaed right near the end. All Dianthus had going through her head post-fact was that flowers are beautiful, that girl with aquamarine hair was really nice and that my remote control was a black crystal. She didn't know it was destroyed years ago

However I won't go with losing my own memories as otherwise I'm going to be doing pretty much nothing for the longest time till some girl with aquamarine dyed hair, obsidian jewellery, or both, comes and speaks to me. At this point she gains a super-powered slave for life.

Fuck Yes!
>>
>>46539696
Youre safe here, anon. No /v/irgins are coming to get you.
>>
>>46538584
Kenshiro balanced to be reasonable in a mid level party of 3.5 ed adventurers. He's a little bit dim.

Actually that's not so bad, really. Especially if I keep my level of intelligence potentially because I'm definitely smarter than that character, because he's dumb as a post. (Had to take a hit somewhere for "That Good Wisdom score")
>>
File: Desert Sorceress.jpg (294KB, 600x787px) Image search: [Google]
Desert Sorceress.jpg
294KB, 600x787px
>>46538584
>tfw will never become a qt with 20 INT and 20 CHA
>>
Olympian level archery skills, peak human fitness and four years younger at the cost of no longer being me.

Doesn't sound like enough, really. Not sure how I could properly make more money as an Archer with birth records, or any legal documents for that matter, over my current job.
>>
>>46543557
>an Archer with birth records
Without
>>
File: mermaid.gif (2MB, 450x315px) Image search: [Google]
mermaid.gif
2MB, 450x315px
>46522493
Thinking about what I posted last time

I think I actually would go ahead with it.

Part of being a mermaid in the game meant environments like the Mariana Trench would be possible for me to explore.
It'd be far from hospitable, for sure. Freezing also, but possible.
Also knowing the languages of the smartest ocean going creatures is a definite plus.

I would head out into the oceans and seas of the world to explore them. Giving aid if needed, and generally raising awareness of the slowly failing health of the oceans.

I'd make it big as a star and an attraction, easily bringing lots of attention. Some of which would be unwanted and maybe even dangerous. Though considering I can throw fireballs UNDERWATER

I wouldn't go hard mode. She's a psychopath.
Whilst she can play nice, she also has no real compunctions of all out slaughter and finds humans tasty.
Without this, I'd easily become a heroine and be swimming through the dreams of every little girl out there.

Also, with some laboratory help, I could become the mother of a whole race of Merfolk.

There is still the remaining fear that I'd just become a lab specimen myself but it'd be difficult to keep me contained for long periods mainly due to magic.

One thing is for certain, I'm going to be really exercising the Fins to Feet spell.
>>
File: Mermaid looking worried 1.jpg (83KB, 750x1051px) Image search: [Google]
Mermaid looking worried 1.jpg
83KB, 750x1051px
>>46546031
>>46522493
I forgot it needs the double >
>>
>>46542426
Sex change and education are both within your grasp if you truly want this.
>>
>>46546153
Education is skills not stats, and you can't train CHA
>>
My last character was slowly driven mad by an artifact of the old gods. He becomes addicted to the power and his entire purpose was to find more old god artifacts.

He eventually destroyed the entire plane.
>>
>>46546386
So is that a yes?
>>
>>46546418
Obviously
>>
>>46538584
Previous character was an Owl-man with a huge thing for illusions and mind-tricks/control. Ab-human physiology, huge haunting presence and creep factor, but D&D nat 20 tier mind illusionist powers.
I'd probably either become an urban legend
>or use my powers to turn into a world wide magician passing my face and arm-wings as daft-punk style mask fetish.
>>
Last character was a Flash expy who's super speed top off at 1% of c and didn't have any dimensional shifting bullshit.

I go and become a super hero.
>>
>>46546239
>you can't train CHA
You train it the exact same way you train any other stat - practice, practice, practice.
Go out and talk to people. Get a bit part in community theater, or at least audition. Figure out the weird habits you have, then break them.
The only thing stopping you is your own belief that you can't.
>>
File: you know it.gif (2MB, 320x180px) Image search: [Google]
you know it.gif
2MB, 320x180px
>>46538584
I'd become like the Hulk. Except for the anger issues: YES PLEASE!

I would start by offering my services to the highest bidder and then, with enough money, go on a hundred year vacation.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.