[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I stop sucking at this game? I'm gettng rekt by fucking

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 7

File: gorgutz.jpg (9KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
gorgutz.jpg
9KB, 259x194px
How do I stop sucking at this game? I'm gettng rekt by fucking AI at medium they just send squad after squad and choke me out. I never was good at strategy games and have problems with uprgading units, building and defending my shit at the same time.
>>
>>46528749
Git gud you grot
>>
Slugga Boy spam, ya git
Dat's all ya needs
>>
>>46528749
Dude i sucked at it when i played it for the first time a few days ago but i atleast beat medium chaos AI by destroying their base with a baneblade.
And i'm a noob in almost every game.

Your case is hopeless.
>>
>>46528749
Dawn of War has an in-game pause feature that let's you preemptively order units to move/attack/capture/upgrade/whatever. Remember you're fighting a computer that can do all those things at the same time.

Figure out which key it is and have fun.
>>
>>46528749
>have problems with uprgading units, building and defending my shit at the same time.

Sounds to me like you need to train your fingers to be faster. DMC3 is a good game for that.

It may kick your ass on your first 50 tries or so. This is normal.
>>
>>46528749
If you have requisition below 1000 at any point, you've done something wrong.
Don't do quickstart resources with AI, for reasons that need not be mentioned.
>>
>>46531800

>Floating 1000 requisition
>Somehow doing it wrong

What? Hoarding resources is the exact opposite of how you do these games. God forbid you play a game that actually punishes you for that.
>>
>>46531800
>>46531935

Whoops, not what I meant to say.
You're correct, hoarding resources gets you murdered in RTSs.
>>
File: SadGoblin.png (615KB, 2894x2300px)
SadGoblin.png
615KB, 2894x2300px
>tfw never good at RTS

I'm just too shit at microing and the Ultimate Apocalypse mod just makes it even worse.

But fuck me all those units look so cool. (Until they eat me.)
>>
>>46528749
DoW is horribly broken anyway, try fighting Eldar, it's just laughably fucking broken
>>
>>46528749

>take Strategic points aggressively
>raid the enemy base early and attack production buildings and power stations
>if you're playing the campaign, rush with your commander and a couple of squads, and send reinforcement squads while pressuring the enemy base
>build things in a sensible order:
>1) Build one or two squads to capture Strategic points at your HQ and build a Barracks at the same time
>2) Build a power station and maybe a Listening post, and build a squad or two from your Barracks, especially the commander unit
>3) Build up sufficient resources to upgrade your HQ to access vehicles and more powerful units (for some races, like Tau with their Path of Enlightenment, this requires a seperate building)
>>
>>46528749
You must construct additional pylons
>>
>>46528749
Two squads of flash gitz with painboys and a fully kitted nob squad with yer boss chews through most of what the ai can toss at you. Just focus fire on stuff
Tankbustaz with their stealth thing are a necessity too, and meganobs are absurdly tough. Just make a couple squads of boyz to soak up bullets at the start
>>
>see thread
>decide to horde mode against Tyranids
>just starting to push them back
>game locks ups

Morally speaking, I was the winner.
>>
>>46528749
>DoW
>Not playing the broken-as-fuck Eldar
Are you that much of a masochist?
>>
>>46532697
Eldar are easy as fuck when they're computer-controlled. They're only broken when controlled by a human intelligence that knows how to abuse them.
>>
>>46528749
First of all, learn what a build order is.

BAM. Suddenly you jump 250% in skill.

Next, learn that floating is for little shits with no clue. Always spend your resources.

Also, learn what micromanagement is and how the counter system works and the full tech tree.
>>
>>46538874
>First of all, learn what a build order is.

This, a hundred times.

Get a build order, do it 20 times so that you get really quick at it. Then you can harass the enemy and decap his points before he can respond.

RTSs are hugely dependent on speed for skirmish match style play.
>>
>>46539460
>do it 20 times so that you get really quick at it.
Don't forget timing it, to see how tight you can make it.
Build orders are a task of optimization, which both includes strict instructions as well as the physical capability of the player.
>>
>>46528749
The turning point for me was understanding that you really have to micro manage your heroes in the early game and don't bother attaching them to squads.

Use your early squads to aggressively push for capture points, and don't spend too many points on reinforcing those points early.

In the meantime use your hero to disrupt the enemy's attempt at doing the same, or go into his base and wreck the builders.

By the time you are in the mid-game you don't have to rely so much on heroes anymore, but don't just leave them by the wayside, they are still very useful.

Good luck!
>>
Skirmish is so horribly broken in DoW, but it's still more fun than multiplayer rushing
>play 4 v 4
>game is decided in the first 15 minutes, depending on who manages to win the first mass engagement
>spend next 30 minutes steamrolling the enemy in a fuck huge blob or getting steamrolled by a fuck huge blob
>only like 30% of the blob is doing the fighting, everything else is stuck all around the map or out of range of the battle
>>
>>46535549
>Play against Eldar AI on hard
>Banshee and Farseer powers spam
>Every
>Godamn
>time
>>
Spam is your best friend. Basic RTS formula will allow you to conquer even hard AIs and then actual players: Go hard on the economy at first, be aggressive in the mid game, and spam in the end game.

The DoW experience can be significantly improved by playing mods. Good ones are the ever popular Ultimate Apocalypse, which well, allows Apocalypse sized battles and units, and the Firestorm over Kronus/Kaurava that brings the game closer to the tabletop codex.
>>
>>46540171

>Not soloing 3 insane eldar AI on your own.

It's like you're admitting to being bad.

In slightly more seriousness, one of the things to keep in mind is that having more then one squad is usually better then having a single large squad. Also, don't worry about fully reinforcing squads from the start. Just slowly add to them. This is especially true for some races like Marines, who don't really have any reason to reinforce scouts until T2.
>>
>>46528749
Is Winter Assault is a resource hungry game because it keeps crashing even on my latest rig.
>>
DOW3 when.
>>
>>46543155

I think that might be more to do with the game being poorly optimised for modern systems than anything else, but idk.
>>
>>46543386
oh.any solution for that?Do i have to play it in safe mode than optimal mode ?
>>
>>46543421

I'd say just run it in XP Compatibility Mode, desu. I haven't had any trouble with it crashing, but I haven't played very much of it, so I can't speak from experience. If you got it via COMPLETELY AND TOTALLY LEGAL MEANS AND NOT AT ALL FOR FREE FROM PIRATES, it might be an issue with the game itself, I've heard that the final mission is undoable for some reason. Shit gets dirt cheap on Steam sales, so you might as well get a legit copy next chance you have anyways.
>>
>>46528749
The only thing you need in this game os tutrets. Buttloads of turrets. I won each and every level of thus game by hunkering down and carpeting my base's perimeter and my strategic points with turrets. Then i started researching and building units, before steamrollibg everything with superior firepower.

With space marines, this the easiest qay to go. Melee terminators are worthless, just as assault troops. just buy tacticals and give them two heavy bolters and two rocket launchers. Then you're good to go
>>
File: 1453544208613.jpg (2MB, 5000x5000px) Image search: [Google]
1453544208613.jpg
2MB, 5000x5000px
>>46543789
>turrets
>>
>>46544081
Yes anon. All the turrets
>>
File: 1458981011834.jpg (32KB, 322x322px) Image search: [Google]
1458981011834.jpg
32KB, 322x322px
>>46544123
yes,anon.It was always a nightmare when storming a base.
>>
>>46544163
Then you probably stormed my base. I usually build so many turrets that i can't deploy vehicles because there's enough space for them to move
>>
File: 1348596313801.gif (440KB, 319x358px) Image search: [Google]
1348596313801.gif
440KB, 319x358px
>>46544163
>>46544081
>Necron Turrets
>>
File: 1456237296370.png (56KB, 557x605px) Image search: [Google]
1456237296370.png
56KB, 557x605px
>>46544702
Love/Hate
>>
>>46543789

>Turrets are what you need

Maybe in the campaign where the AI is super shit, but anyone with an ounce of competence is going to shit all over that plan. Past T1, turrets are best used as a distraction or a way to throw a little extra fire out. Any sort of AV just shreds turrets

>Melee terminators are worthless

It sounds like someone doesn't stick a Chaplain onto their assault terminators and deep strike them up the enemy's ass.
>>
>>46540120
>have a game decided in the first five minutes
>continues on for forty more minutes
>"It's fun, I swear!"
I fucking hate the obnoxious attitude of anti-competitive shitheads. For some reason you always shit all over people who want to prove themselves and get honorable fights even though THEY don't have any issues with occasionally doing some retarded spam-game.
It's like you cannot conceive of the notion that people might actually have fun in a way that doesn't involve playing like a vegetable.
>>
>>46541893
>spam in the end game
>basic RTS formula
You what?
The endgame is generally the time where the resources run out and weird shit happens because the entire situation is like someone shat on a canvas and used that as an inspiration for a scenario map.
And then the unusual units suddenly become useful because cost/reward analysis goes all wonky when you can only build infantry or the only resources left are stored in silos that can be physically destroyed to remove the opponent's money reserves.
>>
Use Ultimate Apocalypse mod and set addon cheats like more resources and no fog of war.
>>
>>46543155
HOW does it crash?
Does it just start with a black screen?
Install DX9. Games from before DX10 do not work unless you manually install DX9.
>>
What's the best faction in Dank Crusade for a scrub? I heard necrons are powerful but they seem to require advanced knowledge of the game to reach their full potential.
>>
>>46546729
Space Marines
>>
Are you the guy from this thread?

http://steamcommunity.com/app/9450/discussions
>>
>watching my Imperial Guard get gibbed after 15 seconds of combat

IT'S JUST LIKE REAL LIFE!
>>
>>46547411
>15 seconds

woah, veterans
>>
>>46547411
no these guys live way longer
>>
>>46547411

>be me
>play Purgation of Kaurava as IG
>always buy Grenadier Vet squads cos Mech Inf Best Inf
>only time I lose vet squads is
> early game holding actions
> prolonged firefights where I lose a few Chimeras
> hasty rushes w/o proper Basilisk/Baneblade support
>feelsgoodman.pict
>>
Goes without saying that you can get actual useful advice on a vidya from /tg/.
>>
>>46552364

Obligatory "you don't even need the other boards anymore" reference
>>
>>46555855
twg knows its total war
>>
>>46545965
Fuck you to buddy. I don't go around complaining to competitive players, but I simply don't have fun rushing and harrasing with T1 troops untill you can build specific T2 and sometimes T3 units to have minor skirmishes.
>>
>>46559800
> I don't go around complaining to competitive players
I'm not the guy who went into the thread and screamed about how unfun multiplayer is because of rushing.
Thread posts: 54
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.