[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Imperial Knight

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 7

File: SpaceWolfImperialKnight.jpg (86KB, 482x671px) Image search: [Google]
SpaceWolfImperialKnight.jpg
86KB, 482x671px
If I bring a 500-point list to the table featuring pic related, am I That Guy?

>(yes: I started that baronial court thread the other day)
>>
Yes.
>>
>>46460094
Only you and the other player can decide that.

If you know that you're that guy, you are. If the other player thinks you're that guy, you are. If you think you're not, but everyone tells you you are, you are.

Nothing that a bunch of fa/tg/uys can say will have any impact on you being that guy.

Evidence points in that direction though.
>>
File: China.png (638KB, 831x507px) Image search: [Google]
China.png
638KB, 831x507px
Did 40k get rid of any kind of army structure requirements (minimum number of troops choices etc) ?
>>
>>46460448
Yeah. Most tournaments still require them, but then you're stuck playing 40k tournaments
>>
>>46460094
Less than the Tau player but yes.
>>
>>46460094
Why bring a Knight to a 500 point game?
This playerbase has really been distilled down to the worst of the worst. Formations and superheavies have killed off almost everyone that isnt a fucking retard.
>>
>>46460448
Essentially. Gw admitted they don't care about rules and are focused on making and selling models. At least they're honest about it now.
>>
>>46460094
Not at all OP! Here's my Eldar list

HQ
Warlock Conclave 35 points

Troops
3 Wind Riders
3 Wind Riders

HS
Vauls Wrath Heavy Weapon battery, 2 D-Cannons

Eldar Lynx, Pulsar

I'm sure it'll be fun, and completely fluffy!
>>
>>46460094
Do you honestly even think that would be fun?
>>
>>46460647
If you couldn't register it, I'm being a dick. Dude, you don't bring a fucking knight to 500 points. I don't bring over 1 Wraithknight per 2000 points.
>>
>>46460475
Will I win prizemoney f I play this list in a tournament?

>________________________________
1,750 points
>(1360 Primary Detachment) BARONIAL COURT
>435 Knight Paladin, Mark of the Omnissiah, Ironstorm
>470 Knight Crusader, Meltagun, Stormspear
>455 Knight Crusader, Icarus
>(390 Allied Detachment) SPACE WOLVES
>180 Iron Priest +5 Servitors & Razorback
>210 10 Grey Hunters +WGPL +Frost-Sword +Flamer & Droppod (or Rhino)

How would this fare against other 1,750-point lists? What should I add to make it 2,000 (I'm guessing a whole gang of Heavy-Bolter-Armed Long Fangs).
>>
>>46461127
Lol fuck no. How many mobile, objective secure units do you have in that list? I see 0. Why do you think Eldar do so well?
>>
>>46460535
>honest

Nigger please , are you retarded? GW knows damn well they are a game company, and is very blatanat about using rules and power creep to sell models.
That shit about being a models company is just a half-assed response to the overwhelmingly terrible rules and balance that result from their sales strategy.
>>
>>46460722
your choice to be a faggot playing crybabies
>>
>>46461475
Why do I need to secure objectives with mobile units when I can just lay six pie-plates anywhere within six feet of my superrobots? Isn't the drop pod full of Grey Hunters enough to hold one objective while the rest of this force simply advances a foot at a time up the middle of the board, raping everything?
>>
>>46461699
Okay, I'll explain. Scorched earth is all fine and dandy. Good idea. Now, what if I survive your salvo? What if my Warp Hunters move 12", and drop a 36 inch D Barrage into each of your Knights? I take 2 at 1750 when FW is allowed. You're assuming you won't get raped. Also, good luck targeting anything invisible, and not having any Psyker support, and you're fucked if you don't go first.
>>
>>46461127
Maybe you could kill that one guy that go here for fun with it's ork, but that's about it.
>>
Or, how about this?

Legal 1,000-point list
>325 Knight Gallant
>325 Knight Gallant
>325 Knight Gallant
>Take as a Gallant Lance; arm Baron with Ravager for the remaining 25 points.
^How often does someone pull this kind of shit?
>>
>>46461739
Also,
>what is line of sight?
>>
>>46461950
>Line of Sight
>Barrage Weapons
Mi Familia are you for real, or am I just dumb?
>>
File: great Gargant new ork.jpg (629KB, 1266x706px) Image search: [Google]
great Gargant new ork.jpg
629KB, 1266x706px
>>46460094
NP...I bring my GREAT GARGANT and stomp you in the ground ;)
>here my Gargant https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TdfqQ1FMLVA&index=32&list=PLy55WVLwDMPlyr7qFDehv8aCI9wnuDvZd
>>
You are just being average 40k player.
>>
File: 40k marine fail.png (229KB, 298x367px) Image search: [Google]
40k marine fail.png
229KB, 298x367px
>ITT the reason i no longer play 40k.
>>
File: knight.gallant.jpg (116KB, 762x673px) Image search: [Google]
knight.gallant.jpg
116KB, 762x673px
After careful thought, I have decided to run a baremetal Gallant Lance in thousand-point games for fun. Can I win 1,000 point tournaments thusly?
>>
>>46460475
No, most tournaments do not require troops - they require a battleforged army and there are lots of ways of being battleforged without troops.
>>
>>46463217

Only if you sing "MECHS GON' GIVE IT TO YA" the entire time.
>>
>tfw people bitch about knights
>tfw knights aren't even that good
>tfw knights are only a bit better than an average vehicle
>tfw people only shit themselves over imperial knights because superheavys get lumped into the same category as stormsurge and wraithknights.
>>
>>46460094
>he plays Knights
You are That Guy.
>>
>>46460094
Is your local meta a great redwood forest of giant WAAC meta netlisting dicks?
Then that's fine. Otherwise don't fucking do that
>>
>>46463217
Yes
>>
I want to run a 1000 point list with a Dominus Maniple (Vanguards, Dunecrawler, and a Tech Priest) and a Knight Crusader. The uncreator gauntlet seems like it would make the knight hard to kill.
>>
File: Picture 33.jpg (425KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Picture 33.jpg
425KB, 1920x1080px
What's the best knight to bring as an ally unit? If it depends on the army, how about for a shooty army? A choppy army? A balanced army?
>>
File: Baronial_Court.jpg (279KB, 1200x877px) Image search: [Google]
Baronial_Court.jpg
279KB, 1200x877px
>>
>>46461879
most 1000 point tournaments I've seen have no allies/no superheavies allowed. So I guess the Knight codex either is banned or insta wins
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.