[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I need a decent Plot for a Fallout Campaign. Im out of Ideas

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 5

File: 13827128679148.jpg (50KB, 1000x562px) Image search: [Google]
13827128679148.jpg
50KB, 1000x562px
I need a decent Plot for a Fallout Campaign. Im out of Ideas somehow. The PC should start as Vault dwellers.
>>
>>46458254
A group of raiders some how breach the vault and lay siege to it and the PCs must drive them off. Afterwords they need to figure out how to fix it or build a new home for their fellow vaulters.
>>
what do you/your players like about fallout specifically? give us something to go off of.
>>
Okay so, they're in a vault.They get out of the vault. There's raiders and shit. And a town. The town is being attacked. They get key info on where to find the macguffin that'll "save the wasteland." The macguffin is behind a large winding path designed not for fun but to show off the world.But they can just go straight to the macguffin if they knew where it was. Then, when they get there, they have to make a choice. Save one not-well-established faction, but destroy another, or vice versa.

Boom, Fallout plot.
>>
>>46458254
A group of rad scorpions some how breach the vault and lay siege to it and the PCs must drive them off. Afterwords they need to figure out how to fix it or build a new home for their fellow vaulters.
>>
>>46458254
>Start as vault dwellers
Welp, I'm instantly bored with this.
You have a vastly fleshed out world with a plethora of different potential origins, and you restrict yourself to the one that the games do. That's so ridiculously uninteresting that it's not even funny.
>>
>>46458254
>A group of super mutants some how breach the vault and lay siege to it and the PCs must drive them off. Afterwords they need to figure out how to fix it or build a new home for their fellow vaulters.
>>
>>46458287
>>46458321
How bout they can't drive them off? The pcs have to evacuate the survivors to somewhere else while knowing nothing about their post nuclear world?
Also, where are you setting this, OP?
>>
>>46458314
Probably playing naive Shitheads in wartorn Wasteland.
>>
>>46458315

Aw, look, the cynical little high schoolers learned how to post.
>>
>>46458408
Arizona maybe? Caesar's legion was awesome.
>>
>>46458254
They are inside a vault that hasnt opened yet. Due to complicated chain of events including time travel a water chip is broken down; there is no replacement parts in their vault. Overseer himself chooses a group of dwellers that are tasked to venture outside and solvd the water problem. Old maps indicate that there should be another vault to the east...
>>
>>46458476
I mean, you don't really have to be in the USA.
Or if you prefer the US, you don't have to be in the hotter southern portions of it
It'd be nice to see fallout in colder, northern regions
>>
>>46458408
While I think this is more interesting because it forces the players into a position of caretakers.
If they're a bunch of murderous they'll hate it.

Also OP if you're gonna make them.vault dwellers, what's their vault secret? They were being fed drugs since birth? So they need these to function? Think of something
>>
>>46458498
The vault is running low on parts and supplies, to make matters worse there is a group from the west claiming to be from another vault trying to get and loot the place.
>>
>>46458511
Unfortunately I think it does have to be.in the USA if its a fallout setting, the while idea is keeping Americans safe from bombs.

However I'd love to run something in like Canada in a Non-fallout setting someday
>>
>>46458612
Because Russia has been done and Canada is obviously the ONLY other snowy place you can run post apoc
>>
>>46458511
I think Fallout specifically kinda requires being in the US. There's not much that sets it aside from other post-apocolyptic scenarios save the 1950s Americana aesthetic
>>
>Something bad happens
>Half-assed explanation why
>Explore the wastes
>Bad things happen
>Why is not explained
>Just dont explain anything really
>>
>>46458633
Agreed, you could ditch the name fallout and have a much cooler post apocalyptic setting with anything you want.
>>
>>46458545
literally no Idea
Maybe a Vault with an authoritarian Leader or something? The Vault needs to survive for at least 100 years, so we can't go too crazy
>>
>>46458254
Come up with some crazy, immoral, illegal social experiment the vault was for. Now think of some place for the vault to be. Bam, you're halfway there.
>>
>>46458550
No, no, no! There is a agral settelment nearby. They are terrorised by raiders. Moreover village leaders daughter has been kidnapped by them. What will players do? Assault the camp? Sneak inside with cover of night? Challenge the raider leader to duel? Befriend him, get drunk?
So many different ways to save the damsel in distress.
>>
>>46458612
I'd love to see Fallout Australia and all of the horrific, fucked up wildlife that results from the radiation. Falloutback. Spider-cassowaries, spider-dropbears, spider-crocodiles, and the Great Barrier Reef turning into something truly horrific.
>>
>>46458254
have it set in the great winter
>>
File: image.jpg (699KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
699KB, 1920x1080px
>>46458737
You need to think bigger.
>>
>>46458254
It is about time for the Vault to open and they need to scout the outside region to find out if its safe to open, are there friendlies nearby and if they should make a new settlement elsewhere or simply start building out of the Vault as their numbers begin to grow.
>>
>>46458612
>>46458633
>>46458656
Wrong.
Fallout lore goes into a lot about the other countries - most of it pre-apocalypse, but some of it indicating that certain other countries might be a little more cohesive than the US is right now, and that some of the international factions might be trying to claim american soil as territory.
Because of the closely-guarded technology each of the main superpowers had, visiting another country would likely show entirely different fields of war - not just with environmental factors, but how the individuals there choose to fight. We know that China specializes in stealth tactics, espionage, and subterfuge.

For a campaign, I think the most interesting thing would be: Start in america, but do not STAY in america. See what's become of the world. We've seen pretty much everything the U.S. of fallout has to offer, so for the sake of interest, other countries should be explored. They're the great, big, terrifying unknown.
>>
>>46458674
Matrilinial society, Vault sponsored mandatory Godess religion. Temple prostitutes, weekly fish fry and orgy. You know, the kind of things /tg/ likes to imagine.
>>
>>46458940
>get a boat
>prepare to sail from canada to iceland
>mega shark vs giant octopus vs sharktopus all fighting over who gets to eat you
I'd be keeping my feet on dry land.
>>
>>46459078
>Teleportation technology exists
>Aeroplane technology exists
>There's a lot of vertibirds in working order even
>Blimps are surprisingly not that difficult to make
>Hot air balloons are even easier
>>
>>46458940
Honestly, I'm surprised how little people give a fuck about other countries in fallout. There could be ANYTHING out there - a massive and thriving society, the technology to make life a fucking breeze from then on, the resources to manufacture whatever you want and need, etc
Why do so few people think about leaving the horrible shittiness of america?
>>
Two immense interconnected vaults that are built to simulate Chinese Communism and American Democracy and have since the war engaged in multiple skirmish tunnel wars. eventually they wall each other off, but without war the vault overpopulates and they are forced to venture outside for resources

Location is Minneapolis/St. Paul and all to the south is the Midwestern Brotherhood. West can be the Khans or the Enclave. East is the city state of Ronto. North can be any Canadian lore tie in you want.
>>
> Regular, pristine Vault with a healthy community is breached, or breaks down
> Team of young naive Vaulters is sent into the wilderness to collect parts to reseal the Vault
> See wondrous things
> Come back and are no longer sure if sealing the community away again is the best idea
> Tension in the community
>>
File: 1376190718996.jpg (536KB, 1024x683px) Image search: [Google]
1376190718996.jpg
536KB, 1024x683px
Vault is 10 times larger than any other vault with a population of about ~6,000

The technology of the vault is Sierra Madre/Big Empty levels of advanced.

Turns out someone way back when fucked around with the main computer and altered the clocks back in the day.

Turns out the date is 21st of July in the year of our Lord 3477.

The Earth is seemigly utterly devoid of human life and has been for some time. 2nd nuclear war between at least 3 emergent superpowers.

You have a good view of all of this because you just found an unmarked door behind a bookshelf and there was an observation gallery and you have been living your whole life on the moon.

Are you bad enough dudes to recolonize the Earth?
>>
>>46459099
>Aeroplane
It takes a big runway to land a transcontinental plane and you've got no way of knowing if you're clear to land until you're there, so I hope you trust your parachutes.

>vertibird
I seriously doubt the transcontinental capabilities of vertibirds, but if you have a source for max range I'd be interested to see it.

>blimp
>two years for a huge group that spans a continent just to get the supplies for the prydwen
>four more to build it
>needs a full crew to keep it running

>teleportation
Who are you going to get that tech from? The institute, Big MT, or the aliums? I can guarantee none of them will be willing to share.
>>
>>46458940
Anyone have a link to that Fallout: Baltic Winter thread we had about 6 months ago?
>>
>>46459359
http://archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/43636589/
Is this your card?
>>
File: Outback falloutback.jpg (339KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Outback falloutback.jpg
339KB, 1600x1200px
>>46458737
I would support this

Mutaroos on our six, Sir!
>>
File: 1392530987507.jpg (292KB, 900x1198px) Image search: [Google]
1392530987507.jpg
292KB, 900x1198px
>>46459403
That's the one.

>I'm imagining the post-apocalypse Baltic Empire being formed from a trade triangle between Sweden, Finland and Poland.

>It would be the most depressing Empire in the world since Imperial Russia. Food is usually either turnips or fish. Winter kills more people than the combined deathclaw bears and radiation, there are deep freeze ghouls known as snowmen, there is something big living at the bottom of the Baltic, occasionally either Mongolians or Russians turn up and neither are nice and in winter the entire sea freezes and the Empire goes into siege mode against the fucking snowmen.

>And the Sámi, who barely fucking noticed the world ending, are quite positive that nobody should go too far north.

>They are freaking out about something. It is, admittedly, quite hard to tell when they are freaking out because they are basically double Finns but they are. There is something up at the roof of the world and even by post-apocalyptic standards its not fucking right.

>Don't go too far north.

>Ug-Quoloth. He comes.

>It living hell in winter with frostbite and no sun for months and weather the likes of which only Siberians and Canadians understand but that's just Baltic winter in general.

>At least the Abomination Bears are asleep in winter.

>Down side is that the snowmen get really frisky and come out of the north and the mountains and the lands of always-snow. In summer they retreat to places of no warmth where only the Sami are troubled by them.

>In winter they mass and besiege the settlements of the Baltic Empire.

>Laser weapons, alcohol and oil based flame throwers, plasma-rifles and just about anything that kills with heat in some way are super effective. Bullets are super fucking useless.

>And the Sami, in the lands of Kaamos, speak in hushed voices of the Groke. It can't be stopped. It can't be killed. And it is the herald of something worse.

I would love to play that game.
>>
The Vault Dwellers are framed for a serious crime by someone for reasons, and the only way to prove their innocence is to go out into the wasteland and find evidence that exonerates them and places the blame on the real culprit. Alternatively they're just straight-up exiled and the game is about them surviving in the wasteland.
>>
>>46458254
Is this for fallout florida? If so you've left it to the last minute, kind of disappointing, doesn't bode well.
>>
Why bother? Even Fallout doesn't have a good Fallout plot.
>>
>>46458254
...All right. Random idea time go.

PCs start off from a decent Frontier-level settlement - farmers, ranchers, basic qualities of life without über-tech or marvels to start with - as part of a town tradition, where every year the young-and-hopefuls all draw lots and are sent off in groups to explore and discover shit.

This time, the direction chosen for this group leads to a mountain range; while exploring the range, a tunnel is found that leads to an open Vault door. Despite there being no one inside, the place is strangely clean, well-stocked and even has power running for lighting and such if the party can figure out how to activate it.

All in all, the Vault seems quite a good find - too good, in fact. Where did everyone go, and why did they leave? The Vault door was open, but other than some rad-rats, there seem to be no monsters or vermin inside, no wild plants or fungus, and everything seems freshly cleaned - so what happened to it all?

Perhaps the answer might lie in the mysterious glowing machine array in the central hub, or maybe the Overseer's locked and barred office might hold some clues.

After all, no one just...disappears, right?
>>
>>46458375
I'm pretty much with this Anon. Even though he's being a dick about it.

Vault Dwellers is the least interesting starting point for a PC in the Fallout world.
>>
>>46458254
Vault 55: A vault where "the water purification chips weren't installed in-time". The adventure starts a few days before vault entry, and is set 3 weeks post bomb-drop. Those whose missed the vault test turned into ghouls at best, and BoS/Super-mutants are waging wars over the surrounding area; all the while supplies dwindle due to raiders & citizens who've lost faith in the American dream ever happening again.
>>
>>46458315

Oh hey, the plot of basically every game, movie, or book.
>>
Well I just started my game and I'll let you know what I've got going on so far.

Setting: New Orleans, the single bastion of civilization in the Bayou. The year is 2228 and the ghoulish Aristocracy is large and in charge. However, there are rumors of a revolution in the seedier parts of the city and strange soldiers clad in metal are appearing along the Texas border.

The players are the Detective and the ragtag band of misfits (companions) that he's come across so far. The Detective gets a visit from a young woman telling him that a local doctor has been murdered. Cue the investigation and the Detective's exploration of New Orleans and the greater Bayou.

Granted, writing a murder mystery is hard as shit.
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.