[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

MTG Card stolen by Friend

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

File: Lord of the Void.jpg (31KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Lord of the Void.jpg
31KB, 223x310px
I believe my friend stole my Lord of the Void and I don't know how to approach the situation.

I left my collection of rares with him overnight to look at for trades, because I trusted him, but maybe that was a mistake.

I can't prove it though, so I haven't confronted him about it, but I was with him when we went to a card shop and he revealed to me he stole a Glen Elendra Archmage, so I know he is capable of doing it.

The thing that he stole was only like 4$ in value but the fact that he did really fucking pisses me off. But I am probably just gonna let it go and secure my shit in the future.

I don't know, what would you do?
>>
Ask him if he did. However it's obvious you don't trust him if your first reaction was to suspect him and not think you misplaced it. Revealing you don't trust him will lose his trust. That's not shit you get back easily.
>>
>>46453138
I mean I explicitly remember looking at this card in preparation for putting in a new deck and storing in a tiny box where I keep all my valuable cards.
I left the box with him for a whole night, and then it was gone.
Is it really that wrong for me to suspect him? Although I am not the most warm person I suppose.
>>
>>46453138
I also asked him if I had actually traded it to him, but he revealed to me he already got one from the sealed draft we BOTH played in together, which I found awfully convenient.
>>
>>46453106
Firstly I would never trust anyone else with my cards, esp. a pile of rares. You shouldn't either unless it's someone you actively cardpool with (I for example share all my cards with my partner so it's irrelevant who owns what and who takes what). Since you and your friend have separate cardpools, you should never leave your stuff unattended with them. It's a bit cunty to not trust your friends like that but ultimately even our closest friends are capable of stealing if presented the opportunity to not be caught. Additionally, what if your friend spills a drink or something on your box of cards? For general safety from now on just keep them with yourself.

Over $4, I would probably not approach the friend. Better to maintain a friendship and just be wiser next time than to potentially ruin or destroy a friendship over a very cheap situation. In most cases I'd probably give a good friend a card of $5 or less if they wanted it, it's no different to eg. buying them a coffee or a drink at the bar. No need to be too salty about it, maybe he's poor, maybe he's klepto, whatever. It doesn't largely matter in the grand scheme, just let it slide and don't let it happen again.
>>
>>46453194
Thanks for the great advice, this is probably the only sensible option I have.
>>
>>46453106
what age are you two?
>>
>>46453239
I'm 20 and he is 21
>>
>>46453239
>>
When me and my friend had pokemon on gameboy we did a trade once and my friend traded me a zubat he gave a nickname, charizard to me for my mewtwo. I told his mom on him and she made him trade back. Hope that helps.
>>
>>46453301
You're a faggot for trading Mewtwo anyway.
>>
>>46453272
>>46453301
so what do you guys do when your shit gets stolen from a friend?
>>
>>46453381
steal something else from him
>>
>>46453301
Mewtwo for a charizard? That's a terrible trade even if he didnt scam you. His mom should have made you learn a lesson and let her son keep it.
>>
>get a folder
>organise folder
>don't leave folder lying around
>get sleeves for deck
>get deckbox
>KEEP YOUR SHIT TOGETHER AND WATCH IT LIKE A DINGO WATCHES A BABY
>>
Tell him that your copy of that card went missing after he borrowed the folder. Help him search wherever he put it to see if he took it out to inspect it and forgot to put it back. I can buy that his copy is his, even my little group of friends share a few copies of the same mythic.
>>
>>46453106
If he steals things from you then he isn't your friend
>>
>>46453106
>Hey I can't find my Lord of the Void, can you check if you forgot it at your house?
>>
>>46453381
Don't be friends with thieves. Easy solution.
>>
>>46453381
I'm not friends with thieves. Even if somebody nicked me few dollar card, I wouldn't come running to 4chan wonder what the fuck is wrong with my life.

So there you go.
>>
>>46453757
>>46454402
Sensible responses. People make mistakes. Reminds me of the time I accidentally shuffled in my friend's copy of Nissa into my G/W deck.
>>
>>46454402
>>46453757

>s-sure
>oh! here it is mixed in with with all my other ill gotten gains uh I mean card collection
>honest mistake committed by the honest person that is me, friend :)
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.