[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Warhammer 40k general.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 417
Thread images: 62

File: 1459618370174.png (1MB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
1459618370174.png
1MB, 1024x768px
Why would GW favours a game no one plays over 40k? edition.

>Rules databases
https://mega.co.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
https://kat.cr/warhammer-40k-pdf-library-t9575373.html

>FAQs
http://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata

>40k 7th edition quick reference sheet(s)
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef_V7.pdf

>Forgeworld Book index
http://www.dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index
>>
File: image.jpg (157KB, 600x1078px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
157KB, 600x1078px
This thread has been fortified in the name of Dorn!
>>
File: 2016-03-27_22.17.26.jpg (154KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
2016-03-27_22.17.26.jpg
154KB, 1080x1080px
Orks.
>>
For SoB/Inq Priests, should I give them power axes or mauls? (In addition to meltabombs)

They're going into punchsquads of crusaders and assassins.
>>
>>46428913
Does /40kg/ believe they'll add a decurion for CSM in the next course of the wulfen?
>>
>>46428948
That's an impressive conversion.
>>
Anyone attemping to submit anything to the black library this time round?
>>
>>46428948
A little too chaos for me, but I can't deny it's a great conversion.
>>
Any advice on a casual 1k point list for pick up games?
+++ Space Wolves (1000pts) +++

++ Space Wolves: Codex (2014) (SW The Wolves Unleashed Detachment) (1000pts) ++

+ HQ (375pts) +

Canis Wolfborn, the Feral Knight (185pts)

Harald Deathwolf, Lord of the Wolfkin (190pts) [Warlord]

+ Troops (210pts) +

Grey Hunters (105pts) [5x Close Combat Weapon]
····4x Grey Hunter [4x Bolt Pistol, 3x Bolter, Meltagun]
····Wolf Guard Pack Leader [Chainsword, Storm Bolter]

Grey Hunters (105pts) [5x Close Combat Weapon]
····4x Grey Hunter [4x Bolt Pistol, 3x Bolter, Meltagun]
····Wolf Guard Pack Leader [Chainsword, Storm Bolter]

+ Fast Attack (275pts) +

Fenrisian Wolves (80pts) [10x Fenrisian Wolf]

Thunderwolf Cavalry (195pts)
····Thunderwolf Cavalry [Chainsword, Storm Shield]
····Thunderwolf Cavalry [Chainsword, Storm Shield]
····Thunderwolf Cavalry Pack Leader [Storm Shield, Thunder Hammer]

+ Heavy Support (140pts) +

Long Fangs (140pts) [4x Long Fang w/ Missile Launcher]
····Long Fang Ancient [Bolt Pistol, Chainsword, Melta Bombs]
>>
>>46429022
What?
>>
>>46428984
Is actually not that intensive, the Ork itself is from another company, the only conversion work I did was saying through the top of his wooden staff and pinning the plastic chaos bit too the top and gluing the brass skull into his hand

>>46429029
He's inspired by Gul'Dan so I was trying to make him very power hungry
>>
>>46428979
if CSM get any formations or detachments it will probably be something stupid like

>Bring abby, some mutilators, three squads of Chosen, a predator, and terminators, with VotLW on everyone, to give the whole army hatred (space marines)

or maybe

>detachment of only HQ slots
>>
>>46429039
What's your meta? If there are a look of shooting armies those thunderwolves are going to sink you rather than help you.

Also a vainilla wolf lord is better than those two.
>>
>>46429046
The Black Library is taking submissions for Warhammer 40k short stories based around the Imperium of Man.
>>
>>46429082
My meta is all over the place actually, but why is a wolf Lord better than Canis and Harald
>>
I love my Orks, but I'm not to hot on my Ork codex. My army is a mix of Death Skulls and Blood Axes. My trukks are Looted rhinos, my 'Eavy Armor is Looted SM pauldrons. How hard would you REEEE if I put down three ten man shoota squads, a storm boy squad, and a mob of lootas and said it was a demi-company?
>>
>>46429182
I'd say fuck off honestly
>>
>>46429182
Or a demi-kompany even.
>>
>>46429182
wouldnt care

take space sharks tactics so they all get ccws too
>>
>>46429228
Eh, I don't think I would do it anyway. It's not like spamming ten man tac squads is going to give me much of an edge over just playing Orks anyways.
>>
>>46429182
I'd let you if you gave me one of your orks if I tabled you.
>>
>>46429182
I'm cool with that. I'm not faggot
>>
>>46428975
I fought just such a squad today with csm. Go for power mauls, they did more damage.
>>
Brought a blitz brigade to an apocalypse game

2 vindicares, a grav kataphron squad, a lascannon heavy weapon platoon and a sternguard pod took them all out on their first turn, then a third vindicare killed my warboss in one shot and 2 wyvern squadrons and a leman russ task force killed everything that was in them

I then spent the next 8 hours flying 2 dakkajets around the field
>>
>>46429414
This. As long as it's painted and I can tell what everything is, it works for me.
>>
>>46429507
I admire your commitment, but I honestly would have packed up after an hour or two
>>
>>46429408
I might have to include my Stompa Knight if that was the case.
>>
>>46429182
>CSM players are regularly told to use the SM codex
>Ork player uses SM codex
>next up: tyranid warriors painted in ultramarine colors using the tentacle drop pods for a counts as space marine pod army
>>
So, some officers of the Imperial Guard are allowed to take Xeno weapons as trophies.
Does that include Eldar weapons?
>>
>>46429507
Orks are near worthless in Apoc if you're not just spamming stompas. Almost all of their forgeworld content is rubbish on the table in comparison to what everyone else gets.

Meanwhile, all IG NEED are excess points, and can just spam tanks at even cheaper prices thanks to squadrons and formations.
>>
>>46429631
>The fluff for my army is that these nids have ingested so much ultramarine geneseed that they are compelled to follow the Codex Astartes.
>>
>>46429642
Assuming that's true, I don't see why Eldar weapons would be excluded. Though remember that Eldar guns have psychically activated triggers, so outside of particularly exotic Power Swords they're not getting anything too far out there.
>>
File: image.jpg (216KB, 780x780px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
216KB, 780x780px
>>46429676
>>
>>46429676
>Better writing than BL
>>
File: 20160402_233509.jpg (872KB, 1424x1634px) Image search: [Google]
20160402_233509.jpg
872KB, 1424x1634px
Which of these models should I use for Von Strab?
>>
>>46429676
>>46429631
I've been feeling like starting a second army but have been having trouble deciding

good to know that whatever army I choose, codex: space marines will ensure my army is viable
>>
File: HellBlade06.png (1MB, 903x617px) Image search: [Google]
HellBlade06.png
1MB, 903x617px
A Hellblade with hellstorm autocannons, is it enough to be my main AA unit?
>>
>play against orks with my dark eldar
>manage to spray down his biker star(10 bikes, Warboss, painboy) by turn 2 with venoms and trueborn
>nigger up and quits
fucking why
he didn't even want to rerack and do it over
>>
>>46429827
the condceding doesn't bother me because I know Ork Bike Stars are fuck-all expensive points wise so at 1500 that could well be 40% with the HQs in there.

What sucks is not playing again after that.

The last time I face Eldar with my DA we played Relic and his wraith host was too stronk at 1500 for that shit.

Bottom of turn three I conceded and asked if he would be up for a Maelstrom instead and with a fresh deployment and mission we had a much better game.
>>
>>46429631
>8th edition 40k
>the only codexes still in use are Space Marines, Eldar, and Tau, with everyone choosing for their army to be represented by one of the three
>>
Which kind of unit are best to capturing objectives? What are your best/favorite scoring units?
>>
Made a 1200 pt Inquisition list based around the various models I have. Plasma dudes are Power armored unless noted (CA = carapace armor). Stormies are hotshots with carapace and SB's are plain acolytes with storm bolters. JW are jokaero. A-F are arco-flagellants and DCAs are death cult assassins.

GKs are these old metal GK guys I got on ebay for like $9. They have power "axes," storm bolters and power armor. Good to have in the back of the melee squad and pile in at I1.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1XZAjcy2d9XCf-ZbHdJn-wCY3ku-6SNiqI-Qc19q4U9M/edit?usp=sharing
>>
File: 1370107331119.jpg (25KB, 360x452px) Image search: [Google]
1370107331119.jpg
25KB, 360x452px
>>46429507
Did those two Dakka jets fuck shit up at least?
>>
>>46429822
A single one probably not. Hellblades are good damage but are very fragile so if you opponent has anything to shoot at it (such as another flyer) then it will probably die after shooting once.
>>
>>46430003
One killed 2 kataphrons before the rest immobilized it and it crashed

The other tried to take down a Vulture but it vector danced out of its arc for two turns then another vulture came in from ongoing and shot it down turn 4
>>
>>46429997
outflanking tervigon is my best performer. Is objective secured itself and can keep shitting out more scoring units while it camps an objective.
>>
>>46430042
so take 2 then?
>>
File: Deff_Skwadron_Cockpit.jpg (329KB, 893x859px) Image search: [Google]
Deff_Skwadron_Cockpit.jpg
329KB, 893x859px
>>46430048
Damn dude I'm sorry. Kind of dickish for them to focus you like that methinks. What were your teamates doing?
>>
>>46430087
Everyone else was still in the deployment zone

I had scouted up ahead so I guess I was just the best target
>>
>>46430000
pls C&C my quads :(
>>
>>46430000
QUADS MOST HOLY!

'Tis the second time I have seen them upon this day!
>>
I'm playing kill team, and so far I've had my ass whooped by tau crisis suits. I'm looking to set up a more mobile army so I can engage his battle suits up close. My team feels cool, But I feel like I've put to many points in to my apothecary and sergeant.

250 pts.
Team leader:
Sergeant - 84 pts
-Armor of alacrity: 3+ rerollable armor
-veteran: +1 attack, +1 ld
-storm bolter
-teeth of the legion: +1 st 4 ap tearing mastercrafted
-storm shield

2x assault marines with jump packs - 17pts each

5x Tactical marines - 14 pts
1 meltagun

Apothecary - 50 pts
-jump pack
-storm bolter

I could drop the veteran and change the meltagun for a las cannon if that would be better, and I'm not convinced about the teeth of the legion instead of a normal chainsword.
>>
File: 1397585100550.jpg (11KB, 310x264px) Image search: [Google]
1397585100550.jpg
11KB, 310x264px
>>46430000
>that formatting

use battle scribe, please. it's so much easier then.. whatever it is you're doing or at least format it like everyone else
>>
>>46430169
I could drop the teeth of the legion and afford another assault marine, which might give me some more fodder to take the look out sir
>>
So I went against an Iron Hands list today and he told me that he plays "a lot of fliers". Usually my bikes can scurry away from bikers and they aren't a huge problem.
Anyway I ask how many fliers is "a lot' for a 1500 pt game and he mulled it over then replied 5 or 6.
It sounded interesting so i said sure and we got to setting up our armies.
His Iron Hands list:
>Techmarine on bike with Servopack and combi-grav
>Command Squad on bike with Grav Guns and an Apothecary
>A Landspeeder Storm of Scouts and two Sniper Scout units with cloaks
>Storm Raven
>Fire Raptor
>Formation of three Stormtalons

Really the Fire Raptor is broke as fuck and I should have turned away right there but I said screw it and we got started. I played first and took out the storm and all the scouts in it.
He ran his bikes around a bit and took out a few bikers with his snipers.
On my Second turn I had scored a couple objectives and had a good spread of the map.
Now he goes and of course makes his reserve rolls. He insists on putting that one Valkyrie song on "for good luck" and sure enough 4/5 of his fliers come swooping in. Only the Stormraven sat out.
Needless to slay he blew the bejeezus out of me. All my regular bikers were dead. Everything had to Jink. It was a mess.
With what I had on my turrn three I had my Chaplin sodomize his techmarine in a challenge and took out the rest of his command squad. I took a hull point off of one of the talons.
His third turn brings the Raven in and continues the rain of fire all over my poor Dark Angels.
I conceded after that. Without my two multimelta formations I had no chance of taking out that stupid FW flier.
>>
>>46429995
You forgot Necrons
>>
>>46428979
They're either getting one then or a Black Crusade reprint with one tacked on a la Waagh Ghazkull around the same time.
>>
Posted this in a previous thread, just looking to get a few more opinions.

ok, I have:

3 imperial knights
-Crusader(painted)
-Warden(painted)
-Errant(half painted)
1 space marine battle demi company (mostly unpainted)
1 rhino (painted, poorly)
1 predator(semi-painted)
2 Dreadnoughts(semi-painted)
1 Venerable Dreadnought(semi-painted)
3 Onager Dunecrawlers (2 unpainted, 1 painted)
4 ironstriders (1 painted, 1 semi painted, 2 unpainted)
3 techpriests (2 painted, 1 non assembled)
1 techmarine (unpainted, servitors non assembled)
2 Drop pods (unpainted)
1 Nephilim Jet Fighter (unpainted)
9 Kataphron Destroyers (6 painted, 3 unassembled)

all models are assembled unless specifically stated.

How much do you guys think I could get when I sell all of this?

I'd like to sell it in one big batch without having to waste a bunch of time selling individual models, so what kind of "get rid of it all" price should I ask?
>>
>>46430213
they can just use the space marine book

>warriors -> tactical squad
>destroyers -> land speeders
>monolith -> land raider
>the new party boat -> rhino
>scarabs -> wound markers
>>
>>46430205
>1500 pt game
>5 or 6 fliers
FW or not I wouldn't have faced that shit.
Do Iron Hands' tactics work on fliers?
>>
>>46430278
about 500 dollars would be a decent price,. There is a lot of armor in that lot, but its mostly space marines

few people will buy a lot that big. I would at least portion it into five smaller lots of equal size
>>
>>46430278
you would be much better off selling the Astartes and Admech stuff off in two different lots at least. For a third split the Knights as well.

You can probably get $2-300 for the Astartes stuff alone.
>>
>>46430185
Sadly Battlescribe doesn't have any of the special weapon options for the Acolytes. I figured this was the easiest way to write it out and organize it with the weird FOC.
>>
Is it ok to take a railside for anti-aircraft duty? I know missilesides are more likely to score a wound (while railside can instakill flyers more easily) and more versatile, but our tables seem big enough to justify it.
>>
>>46430428
go ahead man, missiles idea are fucking boring
railsides are far more fun and look roughly 90 times better
>>
>>46430286
>Do Iron Hands' tactics work on fliers?
I believe so. I play Dark Angels so I don't have the actual Chapter Tactics on hand. It made his list nice and durable though.
>>
>>46430205
>fire raptor is broke as fuck
this is incorrect
>>
>>46430284
Scarabs are obviously CCW+bolt pistol scouts.
>>
>>46430428
It can still work well enough. If you've got a large table, the extra range might help out.

While Missilesides are generally more effective, Railsides are much more stylish. This isn't a decision that will lose you games or anything.
>>
>>46430549
Not him but it is the wraithknight of fliers. It would be fine if it upped the cost to 300-325 and made the turrets whatever it is modeled as (the have full rotation right now). When it shoots throw itself to shoot my behind it sucks. For its points cost and the fire power it brings to the table it could at least be 3 HP.
>>
>>46430396
try again, acolyte with special weapon is probably what you want to be using
>>
How good is a Canoptek Swarm?
>>
>>46430707
Meant Canoptek Harvest, sorry.
>>
I really want to like 40k, but the person i play against the most plays eldar.
>>
>>46430882

Ask him to play Dark Eldar.
>>
>>46430882
Well, then you don't have to be afraid to go full cheese, if you want.
>>
>>46430920
his first army was tau...

now he runs a seer counsel with grey knight allies so he can dreadknight spam
>>
>>46415099
>Play as lowly member of an Imperial Ship about to Warp
>Crew rebellion starts, later find out it's because of Genestealers
>finally find someone's stub pistol and/or autogun among the dead and dying to defend yourself against hybrids and maybe a out of place "weak" pure-strain [other pure-strains will rip and tear]
>fight and hide from the enemy [mainly hide if there be genestealer(s)]
>late-mid to late game boltpistol from a dead commissar/officer [ammo is super difficult to get, but they do serious damage]
>sometimes the voxspeakers shout orders/threats
>shit, you just want to leave/live
>finally (help) get rid of genestealers, most of them at least.
>shit, we're in the Warp
>shit, the Gellar Field is failing
>shit, Daemons...
>run
>Run
>RUN
>'Leaving the ship can't be worse than staying right?'
>Crash
>You look up and your see floating land masses and flying Daemons.
>"In the grim darkness of the far future there is only war. There is no peace amongst the stars, only an eternity of carnage and slaughter, and the laughter of thirsting gods."
----
alt.
>Welcome to Hell [DOOM 40k]
>>
>>46430707
>>46430781
It is the best formation in the decurion and Wraiths are one of the best units in the codex.
Assuming this isn't bait, did you do no research at all?
>>
>>46430969
No, sorry, I'm new to Necrons, and the formation interested me.
>>
>>46430925
but i don't want to go full cheese...
>>
>>46430979
Take the individual pieces in a CAD against lesser armies and you will be fine. Don't go nuts with your wraiths.
>>
>>46430996
Well, sucks to be you then.
>>
>>46430205
So, what anti-air and/or interceptor did you bring?
>>
>>46430286
No, only vehicles with chapter tactics (i.e dreads)
>>
>>46430651
They do not have full rotation - the model still blocks the weapon.
>>
>>46429822
Hellblades are fragile, and if you take the first turn there is good probability that the enemy flier will enter from reserve after you and just erase you from the sky.

Add a turret from an aegis defense line. You need that interceptor to at least force a jink.
>>
>>46430286

Machine Empathy: Iron Hands characters and vehicles have the It Will Not Die special
rule. Furthermore, Iron Hands Techmarines add 1 to their Blessing of the Omnissiah
rolls.

The Flesh is Weak: Non-vehicle Iron Hands models have the Feel No Pain (6+) special
rule. If they have the Feel No Pain rule from another source (a narthecium, for example),
they instead add 1 to the result of any Feel No Pain rolls.
>>
>>46429822
best work in pairs
>>
>>46431392
Note that to be "an iron hands vehicle" it must have the chapter tactics rules.

"The rules will often refer to a model, character or unit by its Chapter: in all cases, this refers to a model, character or unit with the Chapter Tactics special rule that is drawn from the given Chapter."

The previous codex had an exception in the iron hands chapter tactics which specified that it applied to all vehicles. That has since been removed.

"All vehicles (...) have the It Will Not Die special rule (even though vehicles do not have the Chapter Tactics special rule)."
>>
Anyone know where the Infinite Phalanx formation is from, and if so, do you have a pdf for it?

Because a formation of 100+ Necron Warriors makes me feel funny inside.
>>
Say, I have an unit with 2 models with more than one wound. They are surrounded by two units.

When it comes to allocating wounds from multiple attacks coming from different angles, is it always the closest model to each attacking unit, or the first model who gets hit?

Also, can you move wounded units around the unit to the back of your unit?
>>
Whats the tier list for competitive would you say?
Chaos Demons, Eldar, Necrons...
>>
>>46431484
the closest model of the shooters is always the reference point
>>
>>46429804
The one on the right, with the american football helmet.

Seriously, what were you expecting us to do here?
>>
File: Surrounded.png (11KB, 875x674px) Image search: [Google]
Surrounded.png
11KB, 875x674px
>>46431509

So, the enemy A attacks the unit made of model 1 and 2 wounding model 1.

Then enemy B attacks the same unit, wounds are allocated on model 2 instead of 1.

Is that right right?
>>
New to 40k. I'm gonna play space marines so I have the starter pack and the codex. I just wanted to know a couple things.

1. Am I only able to use the army lists in the codex or can I make my own?
2. Is there any way I can incorporate other non space marine units, like knights or skittarii, into my army?
>>
File: Tony.gif (34KB, 350x367px) Image search: [Google]
Tony.gif
34KB, 350x367px
>>46431731
CoRRRect.
>>
File: Slowpoke.jpg (58KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Slowpoke.jpg
58KB, 1920x1080px
>>46429229
Demi-krumpany
>>
>>46431493
Eldar/Tau > Daemons/Necrons > rest
>>
>>46431808

Thanks!
>>
File: 1457151069181.jpg (48KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1457151069181.jpg
48KB, 600x600px
>>46431802
Check this image out. Allied detachment is what you want for adding extra races. CAD is the catch all for a general army.

though if you are playing with friends you can just go "unbound" and bring whatever you want as long as you have similar points to each other.
>>
>>46431834
Thanks, that's what I was hoping for
>>
>>46431819
Eldar>SM>Tau>Necrons>Daemons>rest
Common upsetters: Flyrantnids, WarConvo, Imperial superfriends
>>
>>46428913
Does anyone have a link to somewhere I can download the Dark heresy books (it's not on the Mega repository)
>>
>>46431802
Read the "choosing your army" section starting on page 116 of the main rulebook to answer both of these questions in detail.
>>
Looking to get back into 40K and wondering what's the big pain in the ass stuff currently in the game? When I left Flyers had just become the big shits on the field and seems like that might be the same.

Thinking of starting Necrons or Tyranids because they look rad
>>
>>46431926
Certain monstrous creatures, basically unkillable deathstars.
>>
>>46431926

Flyers are no longer as prevalent as they were before. There are also more anti-aircraft weapons around.
>>
>>46429827
Why bother? Poison spam just shits on bikers and that squad was a 190pts for the two hq bikes before the other 8

>>46429507
>how to convince someone to quit 40k in one turn
>>
File: 99120110014_GhostArkNEW01.jpg (50KB, 600x620px) Image search: [Google]
99120110014_GhostArkNEW01.jpg
50KB, 600x620px
I think I'm gonna buy one of these bad boys this week.
>>
>>46431962
I think I'd prefer that to models I can't hit. Feels like a step in the right direction
>>
>>46431994
Worst model I have ever assembled, paint before you put it together to prevent a quick spike in suicidal thoughts as well
>>
>>46431998
That applies to those deathstars, too. Imagine you need 6's to hit because snapfires, to-wound against T4-5 and then its either rerollable 2++ or 3++ and 4+++.

So it would take 433 bolter shots to cause 1 wound in that unit.

And that unit would have 40 models. And ~60 wounds.
>>
>>46432044
Ew where does this happen? Is it some Tau shield tech bs or something?
>>
>>46432010
thanks for the heads up.
>>
>>46432060
Multiple armies:

Armies of Imperium (They can actually go total HAM and make the unit 100 sized now)
Chaos Daemons
Necrons

All those units also move 12" and will wreck your face in melee.
>>
>>46432060

Pysker invisibility on units with lots of saves.

The Tau have a model that will force to snapshot, once per game, but it doesn't have invulnerable saves.
>>
What marines have the best tactics for drop pod assaults now?

I feel that it's either Ultramarines or Imperial fists
>>
>>46432060
Eldar seer council, Imperial superfriends Bikestar, Screamerstar.
>>
>>46432060

The Tau don't have deathstars as far I know.
>>
>>46432116
Star Phantoms
>>
>>46432148
>>46432112
>>46432115
Fuck me it's everywhere. Does this mean there's a big assault focus now or is it just shitty? Because a fast Tyranid army or blast template army sounds like it'd do fine against that
>>
>>46432116
Better with Sentinels of Terra for drop pod- TL at rapid fire range better than re-rolling ones, but still only applies to bolters.

Salamanders could be interesting for Master-crafter combi weapons on Sergeants, but for the alpha strike just enacting Tactical doctrine is a nice combo of SoT and this.
>>
>>46432163
Because they are dumb cheaters.
>>
>>46432171
To be honest I think that certain Ultramarine builds are better simply because they get multiple uses of TL on the tactical squads instead of just one.

Increased chances of passing reserve rolls is still pretty handy though.
>>
>>46432172
Well you hit them with ws1 and and snapshots, so killing them in melee is hard and blasts wont work if they have invisibility up. Most of them have rerollable saves of some sort. Seer council rerolls everything with fortune, daemons rerolls invulnerable saves of 1 and with boosted 2++ that's just rerollable 2++. Bikerstar has FnP from sanguinary priest and rerollable jink save from white scars along with 2+ artificer armor tanks and 4++ inv from Azrael.
Most of them have hit&run so you can't even tarpit them with durable stubborn/fearless unit.

Your best bet is to play maelstrom, focus on everything else than the deathstar and clean up the rest of his army and focus on objectives. One deathstar can only kill so much in 5-7 turns.
>>
>>46432163

They do.

Commander Farsight.
Battlesuit Commander with Drone Controller, Vectored Retro-Thrusters.
7 Battlesuit Bodyguards carrying Fusion blasters and Plasma Rifles or Burst Cannons and Flamers.

Command & Control Node and Multispectrum Sensor Suit on one of the bodyguards.
>>
>>46432216
>>46432163
Oh but they do have. It's not as durable but packs way greater punch against multiple targets.
Common setup is 1-2 Commanders, one is buffmander. 5-8 crisis suits with whatever weapons you want and target locks for multitargeting and shitloads of drones for i4 hit&run, more shots and wounds and if they are marker drones, which they usually have at least 5+ you can paint yet another target and boost your whatever other unit to be retarded too. Common choices are riptides or support fire cadre. You can add in shadowsun for stealth+shrouded and Farsight for no-scatter deep strikes.
>>
>>46432163
farsight bomb is pretty nasty
>>
So, are deathstars more common in low-points games than in larger ones?
>>
>>46432317
No. They need a lot of points to make them viable.
>>
What's the armor save of Tomb Blades? Is it 3 or 4?
>>
>>46432428
4 but if you take shieldvanes it goes down to 3 i think
>>
>>46432241
>Drop pods
>Reserve rolls
What?
>>
I mentioned in a 30k thread that I made an Iron Warrior Grand Battalion who stayed loyal but left the Imperium somewhere around the timeframe of M32-M34 after they felt like the Imperium lost its soul. Their current objective is to build the greatest battleship the galaxy has ever seen, and I was wondering if Necrons would be an acceptable building material.
>>
>>46432460
Unless you're running Skyhammer you only get half of them automatically, you're still rolling for the rest.
>>
>>46432484
>Necrons
>Not necron metals or armour plates
>Necrons
Yes, this is a thing that needs to happen.
>>
>>46432533
Necrons are already metal, Anon. Just metal them down and everything in their tombs and hope for the best. You can't wait for space hulks and Orks to show up and loot them.
>>
File: ophidianblades.jpg (53KB, 400x500px) Image search: [Google]
ophidianblades.jpg
53KB, 400x500px
Started painting my dudes today

They're an Iron Hands successor known for being crazy perfectionists with far more focus on the art and aesthetic of their machines than most others.

The chapter homeworld is a flotilla of huge ships, void-factories and sealed cities which flock around the wreck of a huge spacecraft and use its limited gravitational pull as a form of 'anchor.' This wreck is full of minor warp breaches (it is believed to have perished in a warp drive explosion) and the savages who fight the demons in its depths often make the chapter librarians.

The chapter themselves have a very self-hating, obsessive attitude which extends both to the machines under their command and their own selves. Weakness is not tolerated, and neither is fault. The chapter generally find mortal followers 'weak' and ignore them, treating them with indifference. Having said that, they have a huge respect for mortals who 'rise above the weakness of flesh.'

The chapter is codex-compliant, with the notable exception of it having a large number of techmarines.

While their gene-seed is stable, roughly 10% of the chapter will develop a deadly cancer of black tumours within their life. Those who don't catch it early enough to replace it with bionics are placed in masterfully-wrought armour to cover their disfigured features and undertake suicidal missions ahead of the others.

Colours are deep blue and champagne-gold.

Also they're not really Iron Hands :^)
>>
how shitty is it to have 6 scatbikes in a 1k game? it's either them or some rangers and plumping out some other Aspect squads.
>>
How many troops per points do you generally want in your armies?
>>
>>46432577
Is that a pun, Anon?
>>
>>46432567
Fulgrim is disappoint.
Ferrus Manus would be disappoint but lol, rekt.
>>
>>46432606

The irony is fucking hilarious.
>>
>>46432592
I'll pretend it was.
>>
>>46432592
Eldar players just gotta satisfy their scat fetish.
>>
>>46432614
Someone shit all over everything you cared about recently?
>>
>>46432660
A little, but I'm mostly here for the bad puns.
>>
>>46432592
Nurgle fast attack
>>
>>46432577

I dunno dude, but hey you got to WAAC! Congrats!
>>
>Tank Shock a full squad of NecronTomb Blades with a meagre APC.
>They fail the morale test.
>They fall back out of the table.
>>
New tzeentch daemons, you say?

I do hope they keep the flamers and screamers though, those models work really well.
>>
>>46432868
>Playing IG vs. IG against my buddy
>Squad of IG Melta-vets fails to damage against the side of a Baneblade
>Buddy Russ was nearby
>Russ tank shocks squad so 9/10 the vets get sandwiched between the Baneblade, impassable terrain and the Russ
>all that's left is a Vet-Sergeant with a Power sword
>Friend ignores Sergeant wandering through his maze of steel because lol Strength 3
>>
>>46432911

If it's AoS models, they'll probably be worthless. Highly detailed, sure, but badly designed, gaudy and monopose as fuck.
>>
File: 99070201014_GauntSommoner01.jpg (25KB, 600x620px) Image search: [Google]
99070201014_GauntSommoner01.jpg
25KB, 600x620px
>>46432977
U wot m8. Gaunt summoner is an excellent model.

Also
>Tzeentch stuff
>Not gaudy
>>
>>46433013
>Gaunt summoner is an excellent model.

Jesus grow the finest modicum of taste.
>>
>>46432806
>look at all this shit just falling out my mouth!
>>
By the way, do we have a solid rumor for the next real release or are the next few weeks just more Sigmarbage?
>>
File: 1459408695737.jpg (40KB, 480x800px) Image search: [Google]
1459408695737.jpg
40KB, 480x800px
>>46433033
Apart from being an AOS model (because people apparently can't get over that) what's wrong with it?

>>46433078
Middle of this month is space marine anniversary stuff.
>>
>>46433078

They have to promote their !not Space marines somehow, Anon.

Does anyone else find it ironic that 40k, a setting initially inspired by fantasy, inspired a faction in AoS?
>>
>>46433134

Incest. Fun for all the family!
>>
So I'm looking to build an imperium force to go against my xeno force. Are there any marine chapters that don't really use drop pods? Don't really want to fork out cash for tons of them. Or should I go for one of the other imperium forces instead/
>>
>>46433158
All of them use tactics other than drop pod assault. It's just that's what a lot of players go for.

But if you really don't want transports, go admech.
>>
File: image.jpg (312KB, 740x1008px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
312KB, 740x1008px
>>46433158
>Are there any marine chapters that don't really use drop pods?
I can't think of any.
>>
>>46433158
There's enough Marines in the world already, go for Guard (nothing better than slaughtering tons of grunts with ease) or Skittle-Men if you want something funky and functional.
>>
>>46433103

One special edition tactical marine isn't a "release", that's just for the anniversary of 40k.
>>
>>46431834
>Allied detachment is what you want for adding extra races.

Almost entirely incorrect. I swear the Allied Detachment has been the cause of more confusion about the way army composition works in 7th ed than anything else.

Your detachments can be any combination of factions that you like. You do not need to bring an Allied Detachment to include factions that are not your primary faction. Your primary faction by the way is simply defined as the faction that your Warlord is from. Your Warlord can be in any of your Detachments so long as they allow your Warlord to be taken from them.

For example, the following army is Battlebound:

>Combined Arms Detachment: Space Marines
>Canoptic Harvest Formation (Necrons)
>Great WAAAAAGH Detachment (Orks)
>Allied Formation (Tyranids)
>>
>>46429676
Fucking love it. Go for it m9.
>>
File: image.jpg (64KB, 420x321px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
64KB, 420x321px
Would the Imperium think pic related is quaint but lacking, and do they have their own Hill of Crosses?
>>
>>46433158
>Don't really want to fork out cash
You might be in the wrong game.
>>
>>46433299
Yes. They have whole cemetary worlds.
>>
File: 4a3c9d59c4[1].jpg (480KB, 1586x720px) Image search: [Google]
4a3c9d59c4[1].jpg
480KB, 1586x720px
Dawn of War is still fun.
>>
So my little brother's mate has a bunch of books that he says are worth quite a bit of money.

Does "leather-bound Black Library" mean anything? That's what he calls them and I've tried checking sites out to see if he's bullshitting, but I can't find any items like them. The one I always see him bring around is a large thick red leather book with golden pages.
>>
File: HH-Book-Red.jpg (43KB, 587x423px) Image search: [Google]
HH-Book-Red.jpg
43KB, 587x423px
>>46433572
Might be a horus heresy book. Did it look anything like this?
>>
>>46433601
Yep, that looks alot like it.

One of the red ones also had a bunch of character sheets and rulings.
>>
is there some kind of website where I can practice/will quiz me on the rules? I just got back into 40k a few days ago, I read the rules but I'd like to have some way to practice a bit before I go into an flgs and have to fumble a bunch with the rules. I don't wanna ruin some other bro's game time.
>>
>>46433550
yeah it is, I still play every once in a while

Just wish it had tyranids/better pathing, then it'd be perfect
>>
>>46433681
There's mods for that.

The Thousand Sons and the Renegade guardsmen are also a mod.
>>
>>46433691
yeah but the tyranid mod isn't all that good. I play with DoWpro, which is supposed to have better pathing, but it could still use some work
>>
How do Necron formations work with the whole Decurion stuff?
>>
>>46433550
Still play it regularly thanks to Ultimate Apocalypse and other mods
>>
>>46433640

Rule clarifications are a constant element of the game, bro. Even veterans have to reinterpret stuff all the time in the face of actual fameglape.
>>
>>46433705

Basically, you make a generic power build army and get a lot of free benefits out of it.

Even if you take abnormal or suboptimal secondary formations, the army wide bonus and constructing your Reclamation Legion guarantees that at least half of your army's points will be exactly the same shit as every other Necron player who cares more about power than building his own dynasty.
>>
>>46432567
Like the color scheme
>>
>>46429182
I'd be cool with it, that being said I'd only allow you to use the demi formation rules and not anything else
>>
Have many peeps here fought Sisters of Battle?

Did any units stand out as powerful or underwhelming?
>>
>>46431815
Brilliant!
>>
The Black Library Series "Legacy of Caliban" doesn't have audiobooks does it?
All I can find are the options for eBook and hard copy.
The only 40k Audiobooks I have been able to find was the Horus Heresy stuff but I wasnt interested in the whole series.
>>
>>46434040
Damn son I OWN Sister of Battle.

Its funny that most of the sisters are actually decent with few really solid units.

Underwhelming units are Repentia and Penitent Engines.

Solid units are Celestine, Exorcists and Dominions (especially in MM-Immolators)
>>
>>46434230
If you're interested in The Beast Arrises that one is released in audiobook format. That's a lot closer to the 40k feel IMO.
>>
I need a third Librarian to replace my last Dark Vengeance on in my White Scar's Conclave. Chapter doesn't matter as I will convert whatever.

Does anyone have a preferred librarian model, even if it is a named character?

Perhaps the Force Axe one...or a Rune Priest

I already have to make a psychic hood for WS-biker.

I already plan on converting the White Scar and Blood Raven from Deathwatch Overkill into two of the Librarians.
>>
>>46434603

You should find the cheering version of Njal Stormcaller with the spread bird on his shoulder if this is for a Ravenwing Conclave.

That way you can piss off Space Wolves, White Scars and anyone who liked the Blood Ravens from DoW
>>
Returning from 5th ed with a question - When do you roll on the mysterious objectives chart? When you claim it as a tactical objective or when you approach any unclaimed objective?
>>
I'm a big fan of pic related, and the other day I had the idea of doing a list based around

>Librarius Conclave
>!st Company Task Force

For some cool, veterans-with-psychic support action.
Aiming for around 2000 points, local meta is not super-competitive but Eldar and Tau exist.
What sort of overall strategy would work with these as the core of the list?
I'd aim for mostly Sternguard in the 1CTF, but I'm not averse to splashing to Assault Termies or Vanguard Vets.
I'd also accept another formation to supplement these guys.
>>
>>46434676
When a model first approaches within 3".
>>
>>46432567
Sounds great! Cool color scheme.
>>
Just destroyed a 2k DE army with my CSM. Blastmasters are OP I swear. Think that game warrants me buying the FW sonic dreadnought model as well now. Lucius still got fucked in combat though, but that's expected. He almost took down a witch in a challenge but an Archon did some heroic intervention shit and just bitch slapped Lucius.
>>
>>46431484

Unless a special rule intervenes, wounds are always allocated first to any model in the unit that already has a wound and then to the model closest to the source of that wound. If more than one model is carrying a wound in the unit, allocate to the closest wounded model first.
>>
>>46435192
I did not know this.
So when my libby, say, has taken a wound from Perils, but is at the back of the unit, wounds are allocated to him instead of bolter-bearing ablative wounds?
>>
>>46435192

Wait. In what part of the rulebook says that model with wounds automatically get additional wounds first regardless of how far are they from other units?
>>
>>46435185
ignore cover against an army that heavily relies on jink/cover is bound to be like that. also forgeworld just killed off a lot of models; the sonic dreadnought is now out of print.

>>46434694
Pedro CAD to make them objective secured? though i'm not sure he can give them the buff since they wouldn't be in the CAD
>>
>>46435185
To be fair, you were using Ignores Cover guns against the army which relies on cover the most. Not saying blastmasters aren't good, but slaanesh stuff fucks dark eldar especially well. As it should do.
>>
>>46435252
Psychic powers are a special case, the model casting the power always take the wound, in the case of a brotherhood of psykers where more than one model is "the psyker" you must declare which single model of the models, in that unit, with the brotherhood of psykers special rule that is casting the spell.
>>
>>46435192
I don't think this is true. BRB says you must keep allocating wounds to a model that has already taken a wound /in that initiative step./
>>
>>46435252
Nah, what that anon is talking about is to do with close combat only, and it only works that way for each initiative step.

So if you have a psyker in with a group of ogryn, he perils and takes a wound then the unit assaults that wound from perils isn't taken into account. Then at initiative 4 the guys you assaulted hit an ogryn for 2 wounds, then the ogryn attack, then an unwieldy weapon hits back at the ogryn, the wounds inflicted by this weapon can go on a fresh ogryn rather than the one on one wound.
>>
>>46435292
>the sonic dreadnought is now out of print.

Wait really? Fuck. Is it not coming back?
>>
>>46435414
Unless GW suddenly gain a massive increase in demand for those products, no. Basically they would rather use the manufacture capacity required for producing niche models for their more popular lines to increase profits.
>>
File: 1459214792286.jpg (32KB, 500x361px) Image search: [Google]
1459214792286.jpg
32KB, 500x361px
>>46435414
https://www.forgeworld.co.uk/en-JP/Emperor-s-Children-Sonic-Dreadnought

it's probably been out of production for a while now. now you'll need to get in touch with a buddy in the east or someone on ebay. i kind of wanted to pick up the 1k sons dread but eh
>>
Every week my friend's Flyrant gives my Marines hell. I don't want to list tailor but jesus, that thing is a pain unless it kills itself with perils.
>>
>>46435477
Nothing on ebay. Fucking rip me. Might have to buy a sonic weapons upgrade kit and just glue on a blast master to a normal helbrute.
>>
>>46435292
>Pedro CAD

Yeah, the only way to get them in the 1CTF and in the same detachment as Pedro would be a big Gladius, with him in a Strike Force Command.

Have come up with an 1850 list, but it's vulnerable to flyers and probably has other glaring flaws. Nothing is set in stone, so be free to rip my poor potential life choices.

>Librarius Conclave

>Librarian
ML2,
Terminator Armour
Staff

>Librarian
ML2
Combi-Plasma
Sword

>Librarian
ML2
Staff

>1st Company Strike Force

>Sternguard x5
2 Heavy Flamers
3 Combi-Flamers
Drop Pod

>Sternguard x5
5 Combi-Meltas
Drop Pod

>Sternguard x5
3 Combi-Plasmas
2 Plasma Guns
Rhino

>Assault Terminators x5
>3 TH/SS

>Land Raider Spearhead

>Land Raider
>Land Raider
>Land Raider Redeemer

Terminator Libby loads up in the Redeemer with the Assault Termies, rolls Biomancy.
Plasma Libby with the plasma Sternguard, rolling Divination
3rd Libby joins flamer-squad, rolls Telepathy
Two uninhabited Land Raiders go tank-hunting.
>>
File: image.jpg (90KB, 670x568px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
90KB, 670x568px
>>46435523

Convert an Ironclad, you can paint up those panels next to the sarcophagus as a speaker system.
>>
>>46435523
Not list tailoring to take devastators with flak rockets.
>>
>>46435486
What AA does your list have in it now?
>>
>>46435287
my incurable editionitis is where it says it.

>>46435252
nah, it goes straight to the closest, my bad.
>>
File: Black Templars 2.jpg (183KB, 900x540px) Image search: [Google]
Black Templars 2.jpg
183KB, 900x540px
Almost finished my first army. Sitting at 1000 points, will expand on later. Please rate, would like to know what I should grow into.

>>BLACK TEMPLARS
>>CAD
>>HQ - Emperor's Champion

>>Troops - Crusader Squad x10 (Range)
Missile, Flamer, Sg w/ Chain/Plasma Pistol

>>Troops - Crusader Squad x10 (Mostly Melee)
Flamer, Pwrsord, Sg w/ Combiflame/PwrFst

>>Troops - Crusader Squad x5 (Melee)
Melta, PwrAxe, Sg w/ PwrFst/Plasma Pl
W/ Rhino Transport

>>Elite - Dreadnought
Twin-linked Las, Missile Launcher

>>Fast Attack - Assault Squad x5 (Melee)
PwrSwrd/Shield, 2 Plasma Pl

Please rate, and have a related picture for your troubles!
>>
>>46435586
We're both new to the game and playing at 1k points, so I don't think I really have any AA.

I did just finish modeling a full grav-cannon squad, could that take the fucker out before it gets out of control?
>>
>>46430651
Those bubble turrets are just independent sponsons senpai
>>
>>46431493
Don't listen to the opinion of anyone that tells you that Tau is better than Daemons
>>
>>46435761
Take some dedicated AA.

Assuming you're running a CAD, you can have an Aegis Defence line for a squad to sit behind, manning a Quad-gun (which is cheaper IRL but more expensive in points)
or
You can have a Stalker tank to cover Your Dude's asses

There's list tailoring, and there's revising a list that has a glaring weakness. If you loaded up with pure flamers and AA then that would be dodgy, but putting a single AA unit in is pretty fair.
>>
>>46435686
I would say you're short on stuff that can reliably crack AV14 (without dashing across the board) and anti-air. Going above 1000 points it's increasingly likely you'll meet higher AV values and fliers, so that's where I'd focus my efforts.

How do you feel about a stormraven? Would solve both of those problems if you give it multimeltas and lascannons, and can be used to deliver a RIP AND TEAR crusader squad across the battlefield as a bonus. But, I know the model isn't for everybody.
>>
File: bad moonz banner.jpg (154KB, 567x539px) Image search: [Google]
bad moonz banner.jpg
154KB, 567x539px
Who is the best Ork klan and why is it Bad Moonz?
>>
>>46435860
Nah, they're Pay 2 Win: the klan.
>>
File: 1443183966036.jpg (113KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
1443183966036.jpg
113KB, 720x540px
>>46435860
yellow does look alright on orks. i wouldn't mind adding some ork shooting to my chaos daemons but eh, bs2
>>
File: flash gitz.jpg (100KB, 700x346px) Image search: [Google]
flash gitz.jpg
100KB, 700x346px
>>46435931

That's why you need loads of dakka
>>
File: Black Templars 5.jpg (43KB, 600x362px) Image search: [Google]
Black Templars 5.jpg
43KB, 600x362px
>>46435842
Would a Stormtalon do the job? Was looking into at least 1 flyer, and it seemed the cheaper of the two. Wanted the heavy points to be put into the classic Land Raider Crusader + Terminators combo. I could dial back on the other tanks that I thought would be cool (Vindicator, more Rhinos, maybe a Predator)
>>
File: planetstrike terrain.jpg (94KB, 873x627px) Image search: [Google]
planetstrike terrain.jpg
94KB, 873x627px
Anyone else remember this terrain that was limited stock as a part of Planetstrike release?

I'm actually glad I got them back then and I usually don't care about GW's terrain.
>>
File: IKNQjcB.jpg (770KB, 4160x3120px) Image search: [Google]
IKNQjcB.jpg
770KB, 4160x3120px
>tfw no WiP thread up

How should i make the eyes? Just miniature white dots?
>>
>>46436351
You were relatively new, right? I'd just do the eyes by letting your flesh wash pool in the eye cavity, it looks totally fine at tabletop distance and a lot better than badly-done eyes.
>>
>>46436402

Yep, i'm new. Thanks for the advice. I don't have any flesh wash so i'll just leave them black for now
>>
>>46436351
If you're doing Salamanders, their eyes are red. If not, do this >>46436402
>>
Alright, so could Trazyn steal the Blood Ravens, or would the Blood Ravens steal Trazyn?
>>
>>46436480
Unstoppable force meets immovable object.
>>
>>46435997
i do like the SAG, tankbustas, dakkajet, and trakor cannons
>>
>>46436477

Yeah, i'm doing salamanders
>>
What's the point of special detachments? Is there a reason to use them?
The Space Marine Detachment seems mediocre unless you are going for the free Razorbacks, and then it still ropes you into 6 Tactical Squads which kinda suck.
>>
>>46436672
>free buffs
>uses up lots of models some collectors have
>don't have to use CAD
>hip and happening
>not old and busted using CAD
>>
>>46436672
>What's the point of special detachments? Is there a reason to use them?
Not bound by CAD restrictions, benefits which vary from 'Nice' to 'Broken'

>The Space Marine Detachment seems mediocre unless you are going for the free Razorbacks, and then it still ropes you into 6 Tactical Squads which kinda suck.

>The Space Marine Detachment seems mediocre unless you use it to get hundreds of points worth of free models. I have also never heard of the Skyhammer Annihilation Force

Either this was bait or you are a moron.
>>
>>46436351
THIN
>>
>>46436909
It's not too bad above the waist. It's just all gone a bit pete tong around the thighs.
>>
>>46436480
Anon don't give me a heart attack.
>>
>>46435562
Fucking weaboo shit.
>>
>>46437250
That's a Dreadnought, not a battlesuit.
>>
>>46437316
>Its a mecha, not a mecha!
>>
File: 1458848815861.jpg (247KB, 1224x1445px) Image search: [Google]
1458848815861.jpg
247KB, 1224x1445px
>>46436672
>being this new
>>
>>46437397
It's a box on legs.
>>
>>46429059
what company makes the model?
>>
>>46437460
>doublestandards this hard
>>
>>46437250
>Converting one type of box dread to make another type of box dread makes you a weeb.

Quit spouting memes you don't understand.
>>
>>46437460
Have you seen a Crisis suit? It's only marginally less of a box with legs.
>>
>>46433806
he would be playing different looking marines. it wouldnt be up to you what marines rules he uses if the models are the same size aka looted rhinos.
>>
>>46435827
Tau are better then deamons, by a long shot. That many deepstrikers might be a bad match up for tau, but that doesn't make them worse then deamons.
>>
File: image.jpg (114KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
114KB, 400x400px
>>46437540
How is a boxnaught weaboo though?
>>46437596
This is no true box. I'd be offended to have it as my box.
>>
>>46437653
>How is a boxnaught weaboo though?

The same way a Crisis suit is.
>>
>>46437669
>tau fag trying this hard
Just stop.
>>
>>46437723
>Assuming I'm a Taufag
>Can't actually come up with a reason why one robot is weaboo and the other isn't
>>
>>46437747
How about because one is significantly more reminiscent of the of 90s era Japanese Gundam mechs, while the other harkens to early 80s western scifi, especially mech based war games?
>>
In looking for a way to make honor gaurd black Templars style. Is the honor guard loaded in ultra marine iconography? Any way to remove it? Or should I get the on foot Stern gaurd and give them melee weapons?
>>
>>46437747
One is a high-tech jetpack suit with a pilot inside that has high dexterity.

The other is an uparmored rascal with a corpse hardwired into it that has a possibility of tripping and breaking it's little waddly legs if it takes a shortcut through the woods.

Hmmm... which one is a stereotypical weeb mechsuit?
>>
>>46437747
Your a faggot.
>>
>>46437916
>high dexterity
>I 2
>>
>>46437983
I always assumed the low dex was a result of a pansy ass reluctance to fight, as opposed to any actual lack of dexterity.
>>
>>46437632
>army that has absolutely no psychic potency vs. an army that has no peer in psychic potency

Both MSU and FC daemon lists are significantly better than anything tau can throw together.
>>
Can we all just remember for a moment that Tau Battlesuits are a sin against engineering, what with their long, spindly legs that must wear through a dozen servos before they even get to the front. That these battlesuits would have a difficult time on anything less squishy than asphalt as their tiny feet punched through the ground? That these battlesuits have a profile so high when standing that the only possible hull-down position that doesn't force them to get on their knees and crawl would be a single story building? Can we all just acknowledge that if the earth cast had any sense they'd invest more in the Hammerhead gunship as a weapons platform thanks to its greater simplicity of logistics?

No. We can't. Because this is a sci-fi fantasy game. The "Stupid Weeabu Mechs" are just as viable here as the imperial guard's silly suspension-less tank that doesn't even use what few advantages an over-the-chassis track return provides.

Welcome to Warhammer. We're all equally silly.
>>
>>46438180
When you say servos, do you actually mean "sinew"? These are monstrous creatures after all.
>>
can an independent character separate from a unit as they both disembark from a transport?
>>
>>46438055
tau have eyesight problems, i think the race is nearsighted. you get some unusual cases like farsight, etherals or commanders getting decent WS but they fold against cqc characters from other races
>>
>tfw you look closely at a model and see one skull has too much paint on it and no longer has eye sockets
fuck
>>
>>46428979
CSM are getting something in October, when part 2 of the Warzone Fenris supplement is released.

Aside from that, nothing until Q3/4 2017, which is assumed to be their codex update.

What this suggests to me is that GW is covering its ears, closing its eyes, and stomping it's feet when faced with the fact that their awful balance affects sales.
>>
>>46438180
>what with their long, spindly legs that must wear through a dozen servos before they even get to the front.
But the etherals have declared that this is for the greater good. Thousands of earth caste workers are employed making servos. Would you have the empire have thousands of idle workers for no reason? A productive labor force is a happy labor force.
>>
What's the current rumour list looking like for 40k?

Who's getting the next update?

Anything for Imperial Guard on the horizon?
>>
>>46438180

What if they have anti-gravitic manipulator to reduce their weight and inertia?
>>
>>46438321
Sigmar all summer long
>>
>>46438124
Cool. So now we know you dont play this game.
>>
File: 1454984571104.jpg (331KB, 517x768px) Image search: [Google]
1454984571104.jpg
331KB, 517x768px
>>46437857
tfw Tau haters can't even articulate how something looks weeb.
>>
>>46438334
Then you should install those anti-gravitic minipulators on a tank to make it lighter and reduce it's inertia instead. That way you have the weight distribution advantages of the treads combined with the weight reduction of the antigrav. Now you can add even more armor to your vehicles than the Imperials with their Leman Russ, without sacrificing mobility. Hell, your tanks might actually be faster now!

Same goes for the Gyrostabilization systems the Tau must use to keep their suits from falling over. Stick that shit in a tank turret, now you can fire ordinance cannons without shaking the entire vehicle, allowing you to either A) Fire your weapons while moving flat out or B) Fire all the weapons on your tank without the Ordinance cannon reducing their WS to 1.
>>
So, I'm attempting to run a 1500 pt tau list (actually 1418) based on the Sept V'iet that /tg/ made a while back
https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Sept_V%27iet

I've decided that I won't use vehicles and have instead taken 4 broadsides for most of my anti-armor work. However, I am unsure if I have an excess of pathfinder teams; the support cadre pathfinders have infiltrate and shrouded, but lose shrouded the moment they fire anything other than a markerlight. The pathfinders in the hunter cadre seem rather useless in that case, would it be worth replacing them with vespids or kitting them out with better guns?

Within the restrictions of the point limit and the main formation (huner cadre) how can I make this list better?
+++Hunter Cadre:

>Commander 165
- Vectored Retro Thrusters 5
- Iridium - 25
- TL fusion 20
- Fusion blades 30

Fireblade 60

>Breacher Team 100 X2
- EMP nades 12
- Shas'ui 10
- Markerlock 15
- Guardian 12
-Bonding Knife 6

>Strike 65 X2
- Markerlock 15
-Bonding knife 5

>Ghostkeel 302
- + 1 130
- 2x Twin Fusion blaster 20
- 2x Target lock 5
- 2x Early Warning Override 10
-Bonding knife 2

>Pathfinder 58 X3
- Shas'ui 10
-Bonding Knife 4

> Broadside 77
- Advanced Targetting System 3
- Seeker missile 8
-Bonding knife 1

Total: 1043

+++Ranged Support Cadre

>Pathfinder 48 X3
-Bonding knife 4

>Broadside 77 X3
- Advanced Targetting System 3
- Seeker missile 8
-Bonding knife 1

Total: 375
>>
>>46438412

So, would a Tau tank actually be better if they used tank treads instead of just floating around the surface?
>>
>>46438273
That's never been anything more then a fanboy theory because FWs lenses are on one side of their helmets, which supposedly affects their depth perception. Which was retarded because that'd mean when you turn your head sideways you'd also lose depth perception.
>>
File: image.jpg (44KB, 800x533px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
44KB, 800x533px
>Their number is taco, their legion escaping across the Imperium's border.
>>
>>46438474
I have no idea if that's good or not, but I like the fact that you're building an army based on them.
>>
File: 1445542149438.jpg (85KB, 322x306px) Image search: [Google]
1445542149438.jpg
85KB, 322x306px
>>46438343
fucking sigmar
>>
How useful are Seeker missiles? Which platforms are the best to deliver them?
>>
File: 1430421623555.jpg (36KB, 346x406px) Image search: [Google]
1430421623555.jpg
36KB, 346x406px
>>46438394
(you)
>>
>>46438412
Battlesuits fill a different niche in the army that tanks don't. Their special weapons teams for the Tau who's troops don't carry any, because you know, strapping a tiny flammer on a tank is kinda stupid. Any mecha is stupid for practical reasons, but having heavy/durable and mobile troops who can move to support the general troop lines where needed isn't that bad an idea.
>>
>>46438493
i thought it was more they see in a different spectrum? i know they also see cqc as barbaric & puretide didn't put much about cqc in his book so most don't think about it
>>
>>46438479
Actually I like the Hammerhead, because it uses its tecnology wisely. Modern Tank Protection works like so:

Do Not Be There > Do not get Shot at > Do not get Hit > Do not be penetrated.

The Hammerhead sacrifices armor for mobility in a way that makes sense. They decided that they would use the hovering ability to enhance the "Do not get hit", instead of grounding the vehicle with extra armor and choosing "Do not get penetrated". This is how the German Leopard 1 worked IRL. They could have chosen to given the Hammerhead AV 15+ armor and grounded the vehicle, with the antigrave reducing the weight on the treads. Or they could just try not to get hit at all. Both are acceptable tank design docrines.

What isn't an acceptable doctrine is "Lets put our weapon systems on tiny, easily wrecked legs". That option actually reduces your max speed, reduces the max armor, and increases your chances of being hit.
>>
>>46438412

That's why they are paratroopers.
>>
>>46438651
Your saying that they needed a 2 story tall Broadside Battlesuit to carry that weapon instead of putting it on a lower profiled IFV/TD?
>>
File: WeakTau.jpg (45KB, 699x485px) Image search: [Google]
WeakTau.jpg
45KB, 699x485px
>>46437916

>One is a high-tech jetpack suit with a pilot inside that has high dexterity.
Ermm, didn't you get the commissariat notice regarding tau battlesuits?
>>
File: 2016.png (123KB, 851x856px) Image search: [Google]
2016.png
123KB, 851x856px
>>46438321
This is as close to a roadmap as I've seen. The AOS book mentioned at the top is on preorder this week, if you're wondering.
>>
>>46438474
I had to use my scrollwheel. You monster.
>>
>>46438598
Well, Skyrays carry the most of them (obviously)

Any of the Tau vehicles (hammerhead, devilish, piranha) can carry up to two of them as upgrades, and broadside battlesuits can carry one.

There are two formations to look at if you really, REALLY want seekers everywhere. The first is the infiltration cadre, which in addition to a free pass to bring in all of your reserves at once should a unit die, allows you to inflict an automatic seeker missile hit at an enemy for the cost of 3 markerlight marks. This guarantees an unlimited, if expensive source of them.

The second option, which is part of the farsight enclaves is the Skysweep missile Defense formation. You take a devilfish and three units of Skyrays (remember, you can add extra vehicles in the the same squadron which at a maximum means NINE skyrays) you get a 5+ cover save against fliers, flying MC and flying GC, so long as the devilfish is alive and it can be enhanced with disruption pods. AS WELL as the ability to fire an unlimited amount of skyray missiles in a single attack.

In this configuration at it's absolute maximum (3 skyrays per unit, two seekers slapped to the devilfish) you have FIFTY-SIX FUCKING SEEKER MISSILES. Mind you you'd almost never be able to put this out in a regular game, but, coupled with the ability to fire as many as you like, you could have 18 seeker missiles fire at a single target, in a single turn, at BS 5 provided you have enough marks. Even though the only way to hurt an Av14 vehicle with a seeker missile is to glance on a six, there is quite literally no chance a vehicle can survive.

For the Greater Fucking Good.
>>
What would be a fair price for the Riptide if you dropped it to 3+ with no Stimulant Injector?
>>
File: ChuckleDuck.gif (2MB, 400x225px) Image search: [Google]
ChuckleDuck.gif
2MB, 400x225px
>>46438273
>race is nearsighted
>excluding commander FARSIGHT
>>
>>46438741
1st 40k is rule of cool, the newer broadside is bigger simply because it's a cool heavy weapon mech. Despite that, it's still a smaller profile then a devilfish, and has a smaller foot print. Positioning 3 Tau vehciles, vs. 3 braosides will make this plain to see.

2nd, why strap mini railguns on a IFV when they've got the heavy version already in the HH.

3rd, there is no way to account for actual cost. For all we know broadisides are cheap and easy to mass produce (the XV-8 chasis has been noted to be simple for the Tau to mass produce, thus partly why the rely on it so much). Then's there's the need for only a single operator vs. a gunner and driver for a skimmer. Simply, the Tau probably can spam the guns as opposed to using IFV's exclusively.
>>
>>46438273

That doesn't explain why the Orks are as strong as a puny Guardsman.
>>
Goddamn, every thread for weeks has been dominated by pro/anti-Tau shitposting and idiocy.
Does the aesthetic, and simplicity of tactics really appeal to that many of you guys? If you've started a Tau army since Montka, you should be ashamed of yourself.
>>
>>46439113
My brother just got into 40k and has picked Tau, but he wants loads and loads of Kroot in his army so he's cool by me
>>
File: Anchorarms.jpg (22KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
Anchorarms.jpg
22KB, 320x240px
>>46439110
orks aren't actually that strong; you just think they are because they say they are

>>46439113
there's not much to argue about, seems people have grown bored of bitching about other things. personally i'd rather shit talk about grey knights
>>
>>46439110

>Orks
>Melee race.
>>
>>46439156
Tip
Kroot are VASTLY improved by having a hound in each squad. There will always be the game when you want them to outflank and acute senses of the doggie really helps there.
(And a dog is only 5pts, model is expensive, but...)
>>
>>46439110
It's an abstraction. Puny guardsmen include everything from starving conscripts to Xbox hueg heavy g death worlders like the catachans.
>>
>>46434040
Priests and crusaders are super powerful with invulnerable saves and Acts of Faith. They can build a mean deathstar with Celestine.
>>
>>46439227
Don't worry, I bought him a load of Kroot goodies for him to play with from Mr Chinaman (including some hounds).

Any other tips for making Kroot work well?
>>
>>46439227
Not him, but how so? Kroot have infiltrate, isn't that vastly better than waiting for them to outflank?
>>
Are the Eversor and Calladius assassins any good? I picked them up from a friend for cheap because I like the models, thinking of using them with my Imperial Fists or Skitarii as an infiltration distraction. Any tips?
>>
>>46439307

Different roles. Generally you outflank to make surprise attacks or catch Objective Markers by surprise in the middle of the game.
>>
>>46439284
well, they run fast, as they do not have that great leadership, remember the ethereal bubble, says models from codex tau empire. That does include Kroot so if one Kroot is near the ethereal, the squad uses his Ld.
some people like sniper rounds for loads of poison 4+ shots
A Krootox, while situational can be rather nasty.
Outflank+ acute sense+ can move AND shoot S7 AP4, good for getting into the rear of a tank,if you do that bring 3 in a squad.
>>
File: daemonic_pokemans.png (252KB, 742x268px) Image search: [Google]
daemonic_pokemans.png
252KB, 742x268px
Tell me Chaos players, why do you even bother using the official Heldrake model? You're Chaos, not Tyranids, what are you doing with a derpy looking robo-dragon as your air support? It looks like something out of Power Rangers, and then there's the whole gaping goatse exhaust port anus on the flip side of the model.

The point of a Heldrake is a daemonically possessed fighter jet with big guns and a pair of claws for rip and tear. Does anyone here just convert their own Heldrakes rather than use the official model?
>>
How would a samurai/ninja themed White Scars successor chapter make you feel?
>>
>>46439325
Eversor is not

Callidus is the best melee assassin
>>
>>46439243
I think DCA do better job death staring 4 St4 I6 AP3 attacks a piece on the charge will make mincemeat of just about anything.
>>
>>46439543
Theyre mongols, not japs you pleb
>>
>>46439486
Venusaur looks cool, I have one
>>
>>46439325

I'd try to lay hands on a Culexus if you want to use an assassin.
>>
File: 1454104209119.jpg (39KB, 334x344px) Image search: [Google]
1454104209119.jpg
39KB, 334x344px
>>46438893

>no mention of new Tyranid, Chaos Space Marine or Sisters codexes
>>
>>46431201
>>46435771
>tfw I have been taking the marine player's word for over a year now

I swear that thing comes in and shoots all of its weapons behind it multiple times. Including the ones on the side firing through the model.

Have I really been getting screwed over for this long. I stopped facing him because of that damn thing below 2000pts.
>>
>>46439585
>, not japs
I think that's why he's asking.
>>
>>46439543
*shrug*
Apart from the usual bitching about WS rules being overpowered, of course
>>
>>46439543

If you have an Asian friend, he will hate you forever.
>>
>>46438893
>HH second game
So with assault and dev marines?
>>
>>46439543
To it. Puppet wars makes some cool samurai conversion parts too.
http://puppetswar.com/product.php?id_product=141
>>
Does anyone else color code the trim of their base?

I don't (yet) but a player at my LGS has each rim of the base a different color per unit.

I thought it was a fairly simple and helpful thing for when models cluster.

His Tacticals had different shades of white and grey, the librarians had blue and his elites were varying metallics.

Kind of looked like when you select a unit in an RTS and they get a highlighted ring around them.

The only draw back for myself would be the clashing of colors with my muddy bases
>>
File: saintDuncan.jpg (214KB, 1000x664px) Image search: [Google]
saintDuncan.jpg
214KB, 1000x664px
>>46439738

"Remember to base your miniatures the same as the rest of your army, as this really helps to create a unified look across your entire collection."

-Gospel of Duncan
>>
>>46439624
I went up against a Culexes yesterday as CSM. Drowned him in Cultists and then the surviving looks shot a Calladius to death in Overwatch after it sliced through three spawn. I've got high hopes for the Eversor though.
>>
>>46439543
Do you.

Our Ravenguard player turned all his chainswords into katanas and bought a bunch of chinky faces and masked head (he says they are ninja heads but I assume they are mean for some sort of terrorist/spec op model as they look like Balaclavaes)
I don't know if that is the plural form of Balaclava.
>>
>>46439738
>>46439786
Based Duncan speaks the truth here. I think having a unified look across the army is much nicer. Make markings/different accent colours/banners on the actual models if you need to tell them apart.
>>
File: image.jpg (220KB, 900x699px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
220KB, 900x699px
So Genestealer Cults might get a codex in the near future. How do you feel about that?

I always liked the parallels to Christianity. Worship the All-Father/Sky-Mother, respect your elders, build families, help the community. If it wasn't for the fact that they happily await the Apocalypse to whisk the believers to heaven and the infidels to hell, you'd be hard pressed to see anything villainous. Ironic, no?
>>
>>46439786
I'm not entering a painting contest anytime soon and my shit paint skills barely bring my models to a table top standard.

Right now they just have muddy bases and primed black rims.

I was going thinking about doing different shades of browns instead of a rainbow of colors.
>>
File: awesomeSisterOfBattle.jpg (492KB, 1000x1440px) Image search: [Google]
awesomeSisterOfBattle.jpg
492KB, 1000x1440px
>>46439828
>How do you feel about that?

Hopeful
>>
>>46439828
If they don't look as ugly as they do in that pic I'd be totally fine with it.

For further clarification, what I mean is that I want less TMNT, and more Alien.
>>
File: 1459038708176.jpg (164KB, 1024x722px) Image search: [Google]
1459038708176.jpg
164KB, 1024x722px
>>46439865
I just want some Sisters to take as allies for my Space-Muhjadeen
>>
>>46439827
Any tips on how to get green basing gunk off a model base? I nabbed a bunch of tactical from eBay that have different base colors, and I wanted to go for a unified cork base look.
>>
>>46439845
You could add little bits of terrain to the bases to distinguish them e.g.
>Squad 1 all have a rock on the base
>Squad 2 all have a tuft of grass on the base
>Squad 3 all have a sandbag on the base
sort of thing.
Yeah, I stole this from lindebeige.
>>
>>46433234
what the fuck are you smoking
>>
>>46439899
>it is a known fact that all sob's look like a pack of deer caught in headlights at all times
>>
>>46439865
Second that. Might start to finish painting my sisters, I stopped painting them after the Immolater vanished
>>
They're right though (apart from calling it Battlebound not Battleforged)

See >>46431834
>>
>>46439904
Most stuff can be removed, paint included, by using acetone-free nail varnish remover.
Remember acetone-free, unless you like that nurgly look.
>>
>>46439981
>>
>>46439887
That's how stealers are described in the fluff: Perpetually crouched and covered in carapace. Acolytes look more stealer than human, neophytes may pass for human. Ciaphas Cain describes many hybrids who looked human except for concealed deformities like third arms.
>>
File: 1305756165897[1].png (186KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1305756165897[1].png
186KB, 1000x1000px
>>46440064
>Minutes later
>>
>>46440029
Sounds like a good first step, thanks!
>>
>>46439865
>>46439899
>>46440064
Who are these characters?
Female space marines?
>>
So my regular gaming buddy plays War Convocation and I need something to counter his faggotry. I don't really like Eldar unfortunately or else I'd just go that route.

I'm thinking maybe Grav Cav Battle Company or double Stormsurge Tau. Any thoughts/general ideas on lists that do well against War Convo?
>>
>>46440189
Nuns with Guns.
>>
>>46440157
Don't thank me yet
That stuff is smelly
it will make a mess
you might need to scratch residues of (use a cheap toothbrush)(REALLY MESSY, when the varnish remover is gone the paint drops stick to whatever surface they flew )
Afterwards rinse well, for most have some oily nail beauty stuff inside
>>
File: notSureBait.jpg (36KB, 552x414px) Image search: [Google]
notSureBait.jpg
36KB, 552x414px
>>46440189
Sisters of Battle, or Adepta Sororitas.
Power armoured, but not enhanced like Space Marines
>>
>>46439899
>that many spore mines in close proximity
They dead, mane.
>>
File: 1434227306419.jpg (56KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
1434227306419.jpg
56KB, 720x960px
>>46439632
I own a Fire Raptor, and everything on it uses a 45 degree firing arc. Side turrets can only fire at what they can physically point at (meaning the last 45 degrees of blocked turning is out of bounds), the assault cannons on the front and the missiles can only hit what's in front of it. Remember, a weapon's LOS is determined from the mounting down the barrel. If you can't physically turn a weapon to hit the target, it can't shoot at it. That's how vehicles work.
>>
>>46440189
Adepta Sororitas, a faction GW has not updated in 10 years.
Once there was a verdict. that the ecclesiarchy is not allowed to have men-at-arms.
They followed it to the letter. Exactly to the letter. These are their troops.
>>
>>46440192
Tzeentch Flying Circus
>>
>>46440374
Do you put a new croissant on it each time you play?
>>
File: sisters are doomed.jpg (209KB, 926x682px) Image search: [Google]
sisters are doomed.jpg
209KB, 926x682px
>>46440205
>>46440271
>>46440377
Oh, them!

Like in this this comic, right?
>>
File: itWasBait.jpg (106KB, 1024x683px) Image search: [Google]
itWasBait.jpg
106KB, 1024x683px
>>46440485
>mon cheri

Yes, like that, except with linguistically correct french.
>>
>>46440429

I'm not so sure about that one - he runs a Culexus in a drop pod plus the Knight - even without Skyfire hurts with the 12 shot gun. Also with the Scryer Skull and the Divinator thing he has a decent chance of picking up a skyfire nexus.
>>
>>46440438
Pic related is not said Fire Raptor. I just yanked that out of my 40k folder cos I couldn't find one of an actual Fire Raptor

I like to imagine the guy just buys a croissant on the way to the game and consumes it when the game is finished
>>
>>46439828
Can you imagine what daily life in the Church of the All-Father is like?

Assuming you were born a brood brother/sister or neophyte, you have the responsibility to keep your acolyte siblings out of trouble, attend to the All-Grandpa's dietary and hygienic needs, share the gospel with people you meet on the street, raise kids of your own, balance finances, go to Sunday Mass, potluck Saturday, etc.
>>
>>46440683
>Drop Pod WarConvo
Call him a faggot and play someone else. There is no more tryhard, WAAC, bullshit list. Even Eldar Wraithspam is at least fluffy. WarConvo with pods just says "I have more money than you and care about nothing but winning a horribly balanced game"
>>
>>46440689
Would be cool if the opponent gets it, when he shot that thing down.
>>
File: 1459717499808.jpg (220KB, 929x682px) Image search: [Google]
1459717499808.jpg
220KB, 929x682px
>>46440485
9000 hours later.
>>
What loadout should i have for a death company with Astorath?
>>
>>46440788

Why? He's fun to play against and we have fun. He spent his money to buy what he wanted - how bullshit would it be for me (who agree'd to play with him) to say 'oh, I don't like what you chose so fuck you'.

That seems like a super shitty attitude compared to just trying to play an army as good as his.
>>
My pal plays Imperial Guard and is building an airborne mechanised list. I run a mech-vet imperial guard list. Any fuckery I can do to his flyers?

I have some allied Space Marines to paint up and was thinking of doing them as Raptors to use Lias Issodon's reserve roll fuckery in combination with the Master of the Fleet.
>>
>>46440192
Stormsurge tau should fuck him right proper, admech do not enjoy S10 large blasts flattening all their skitarii and kataphrons.
>>
>>46440936

I was actually thinking about the stomps. Stormsurges seem way better when you don't anchor and use them a Tau close combat unit.
>>
>>46440881
Just because your friend wasted his money on the list doesn't mean your obliged to play it.

If you won't go Eldar, your only real options are Tau and Gladius. So pick whichever one you want to blow hundreds of dollars on and go to town. If you go Gladius, make sure to pick up Coteaz for some Drop Pod protection.
>>
>>46440913
>I have some allied Space Marines to paint up and was thinking of doing them as Raptors to use Lias Issodon's reserve roll fuckery in combination with the Master of the Fleet.
That and some hydras would definitely ruin his day.
>>
best START COLLECTING! set?
>>
>>46441014
the one belonging to the faction you like the most
>>
>>46441014
tau
+very good value
+extremly useful units (and the ethereal)
>>
>>46441004
The Raptors are quite a fluffy choice for me as well as I'm basing my army off the Tallarn in Imperial Army 3: Taros Campaign.

I really want to run some Wyverns as well, is it easy to magnetise that kit?
>>
>>46440814
saved
>>
File: heh.jpg (13KB, 420x300px) Image search: [Google]
heh.jpg
13KB, 420x300px
>>46441034
>tfw I think a comment but can't be fucked to type it out so someone else types it out word for word
>>
Is there any problem when it comes to buying a starting set more than once?
>>
>>46441117
If you've been lazy and/or impatient, it greatly increases your painting backlog.

That's about it.
>>
>>46441117
Yes. GW comes to your house and breaks your kneecaps.
>>
>>46441117
Yes
if you buy two, you spend TWICE the money on it.
and mostly end up with something you do not need twice.
>>
>>46441218
Come to think of it, if you buy two you are just one paint away from getting the anniversary marine for FREE, if the rumors are true, so you might want to wait for 16.4.
>>
>>46440913
In addition to hydras, you can try rocket launcher heavy weapons squads. Those have the added benefit of being good anti-tank units, and can receive orders but they cost quite a bit more.
>>
>>46441218

The only thing I don't need twice is an Ethereal.
>>
>>46441250
confirmed by my store manager
at 130 eurodollars you get the model for free
>>
>>46441312
does storm of fire stack?

worst case scenario you can buff two separate squads

also new thread when?
>>
>Eldar get free Skyfire missiles with all their missile launchers
What the fuck. Were the Eldar and Tau codex writers in a competition to see who could cram the most bullshit in?
>>
>>46441312
In that case, read tutorials on "how to paint a model as a statue" and enjoy your terrain.
>>
>>46441333
Eldar/Tau/SM/Necrons/Daemons are only allowed to play against each other.

Tyranid/DE/SoB/Orks/CSM/IG are only allowed to play against each other.

40K is fixed.
>>
Question: if i showed up to a GW free play day with these models standing in for SoBs, would I get kicked out?

The owner of the store near me seems like a cool dude that wouldnt mind, but I dont know if GW has a policy against it or something.
>>
>>46440998

It isn't as if he made a secret of it. I knew what he was going to start, I knew what armies I had. It isn't like he sneaked up on me with the list. He's been building it for a few months and I knew it was coming. I'm taking my ball and going home is a super cop-out answer.
>>
>>46441398

Yes GW has a policy against using non GW models in their store. You can get away with a one off model here and there but you're not going to get away with an entire army composed of models not produced by GW.
>>
File: 657567567457.jpg (232KB, 433x587px) Image search: [Google]
657567567457.jpg
232KB, 433x587px
>Why do Orks suck?
>Why is my 5+ army / I2 / BS 2 / S3 / LD 7 army unable to compete!

Laughinggrots.jpg
>>
>>46441398
I just about get away with using Cadians with third-party head swaps. The rule I've heard is '90% GW'
>>
>>46441398
If the owner is a cool dude, have you considered asking beforehand and be a cool dude as well, rather than a cunt and create a scene on their promo-night
>>
>>46441450

When I worked at GW the rule was 100% GW and if it was scratch built/converted it needed to be 75% and could be 25% Greenstuff/Plasticard.

GW has never been super friendly about non GW models.
>>
>>46441434
>5+
Not that it matters that much, but most orks have a 6+ save.
>>
>>46441428
>>46441450
God damn it. Guess I'll go to the local comic shop then, I know for a fact they don't care. Shame.

>>46441452
Yeah, I was going to ask him at some point. My TGG2 models won't be here for another month or two so I've got time to build up a relationship with him, and its a small store so he might let me do it.
>>
>>46441499
I think he means that the average rolls (to hit, to wound) are on 5+
>>
>>46441450
same here
manager had to think for a bit before giving me the greenlight to use victoria heads on my scions
and if anyone asks they're conversions i made myself
>>
>>46441527
Oh, I see.
>>
after painting, how detectable is the Red communist infiltration models?
>>
>>46441066
>is it easy to magnetise that kit?
Wouldn't know I don't' have any.
Good luck though.
>>
>>46441548

Unless it gets picked up, not very.
>>
>>46439632
He even fires the hull mounted weapons backwards?

He's a cheating cunt.
>>
How would you react in an scenario with civilians models running away in the middle while the big armies face each other?
>>
>>46441734
I've written deliberate attacks on civilians into my army's fluff so...
>>
>>46441066
you don't need to magnetise them if you want to change the mortars to autocannons , it comes on and of as long as you don't glue it
>>
>>46441734
Depends what impact they have on the game.

Do I get kill points for slaughtering them?
>>
File: 1459622324982.jpg (245KB, 976x600px) Image search: [Google]
1459622324982.jpg
245KB, 976x600px
>>46441799
If Night Lords or Dark Eldar, yes, if anyone else, no.
>>
>>46441799
bloodpoints for Kdk?
Points for forcing them into transports to save/kidnap them, a malus if they die. (blast weapon etc.)
Maybe 'special' characters(Ethereal, priest,chaplain....) could influence them to go into a certain direction
>>
>Realize I forgot to put a grav-amp on before priming
Fucking...
>>
>>46441014
Necrons.
Great formation, easy to paint, what more could you want?
>>
>>46441798
Ah, that's great news, will have to pick one or two up for sure
>>
File: nightmare vision goggles.jpg (40KB, 722x349px) Image search: [Google]
nightmare vision goggles.jpg
40KB, 722x349px
Right got a game tommorow, my second ever 7th edition game, Going up against chaos in a 1500 point fight, the guy i'm playing has Blood thirsters and demon princes for days and is seasoned to say the least.
I play tyranids please help me...

Tyranid Army List 2
1500 Points
Formations
1. Phodian Annihilation Swarm [+Stealth, Shrouded & Preferred Enemy]
i. The Children of Cryptus, Phodian Hive Warriors, The Beast of Phodia
2. Incubator Node [Reroll 1’s when spawning gaunts]
i. 3 Termagant Broods, 1 Tervagon
HQ- 450
1. Hive Tyrant Johnny Xeno (1)- 235
a. Wings- 35
b. Twin Linked Devourers + Brain Leech Worms- 15
c. Hive Commander- 20
2. Children of Cryptus (8 +1) - 215
Elites
1. Venomthrope Brood (1)- 45
Troops- 575
1. Phodian Hive Warriors (3) – 170
2. Termagant Brood (10) - 40
3. Termagant Brood (10) - 40
a. Spine Fists (10) - Free
4. Termagant Brood (10) - 80
a. Devourers- 40
5. Tervagon (1) – 195
6. Hormagaunt Brood (10)- 50
Heavy Support- 430
1. The Beast of Phodia (1) - 170
2. Carnifex Brood (2)- 260
a. Adrenal Glands- 20
>>
File: tau v orks.jpg (18KB, 236x318px) Image search: [Google]
tau v orks.jpg
18KB, 236x318px
Brewing up a casual Tau list to go up against my friend's Orks. Does this look okay?

>Commander Farsight 165

>Strike team 128 pts
>8 warriors, rifles, shas'ui w/ ML & TL, Marker & Shield Drone, Pod Turret, EMP grenades

>Breacher team 88
>6 warriors, shas'ui, Gun & Guardian Drone

>Ghostkeel 133
>Ion Raker, flamer, Counterfire Defense System

>Vespid 118
>6 vespid, strain leader

>Firesight Marksman 116
>2 marksmen, 4 drones

I planned on sticking Farsight with the Vespid so he could deep-strike with them and form a decent close-combat unit.
>>
File: 1345175874106.jpg (43KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
1345175874106.jpg
43KB, 800x450px
>>46415099
40K Guard fight videogame, with 8-16 players on each side, each controlling a squad.

Commissars/Cult Leaders have 10 poorly trained fucks that pour out tons of lasfire, and can execute/sacrifice their soldiers to buff those around them, or call in reinforcements. Comms/Leaders would have higher than normal health and melee weapons.
Sergeants/Cult Champions have 6 soldiers, and one special weapon (grenade launcher/flamer/sniper rifle) that has a special ability or is just ded killy. Squads may choose between a number of specialties (Grenadiers, Demolitions, or Scouts for Armor/Det Pack/Faster Movement) in exchange for a longer re-spawn timer.
Stormtroopers/Blood Pact (or some suitable elite chaos force) would have 4 additional soldiers, each armed with rapid-fire hellguns/volleyguns, higher armor, and one special weapon (to include plasma now). Leaders may issue orders to improve squad abilities for a short while.
Catachans/Mutants would be the leader and 3 soldiers, each armed with a shotgun, with an optional grenade launcher or flamer. These soldiers would have higher base health, lower armor, and would be able to put the boot in during melee. Seeing them for the first time at 10 meters means you're probably gonna get forcibly loved.
Heavy Weapons Teams have a Gunner, and a loader. They get big fucking guns like heavy bolters, autocannons, lascannons, and missile launchers.
The gunner has higher base health, as they are the player, but they bring no unique traits other than a lot of firepower.

There would, of course, be vehicles. Mostly Chimeras and Salamanders, though Valkyries could air-drop smaller squads, and players could opt to pilot sentinels solo on spawn, or three could combine to form a Leman Russ.
Weapons could all slightly damage rear armor, but anything that would not be AV10 on tabletop would need at least a plasma gun to leave a serious dent.
>>
This looks fun. 1850

HQ:
* Emperor's Champion. [140]
* Uriah Jacobus. [100]

Troops:
* Crusader Squad (1x Sword Brethren, 8x Initiates, and 5x Neophytes) w/ Power Sword and Power Axe. Mounted in a Land Raider Crusader w/ Multi-Melta. [481]
* Tactical Squad (1x Sergeant and 4x Initiates) w/ 1 Combi-Melta and 1 Grav-gun. Mounted in a Rhino. [130]
* Tactical Squad (1x Sergeant and 4x Initiates) w/ 1 Combi-Melta and 1 Grav-gun. Mounted in a Rhino. [130]
* Battle Sister Squad (1x Superior and 4x Sisters) w/ 1 Meltagun, 1 Heavy Flamer, and Simulacrum Imperialis. Mounted in a Rhino. [130]
* Battle Sister Squad (1x Superior and 4x Sisters) w/ 1 Meltagun, 1 Heavy Flamer, and Simulacrum Imperialis. Mounted in a Rhino. [130]

Fast Attack:
* Stormtalon Gunship w/ TL-Assault Cannons and Skyhammer Missile Launcher. [115]
* Stormtalon Gunship w/ TL-Assault Cannons and Skyhammer Missile Launcher. [115]
* Dominion Squad (1x Superior and 4x Dominion) w/ 2 Meltaguns and 2 Flamers. Mounted in a Rhino. [135]

HEAVY SUPPORT:
* Penitent Engines (3x Engines) w/ 3 Pairs of Dreadnought Close Combat Weapons and 6 Heavy Flamers. [240]
Thread posts: 417
Thread images: 62

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.