[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Which faction in 40k is actually doing the will of the Emperor

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: 1400764276911.jpg (173KB, 1000x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1400764276911.jpg
173KB, 1000x1200px
Which faction in 40k is actually doing the will of the Emperor the most?
>>
>>46394805
The Imperium.

It's not a perfect interpretation of His will, but they're still trying their damndest to carry out what He started. He'd probably be a little pissed about the Ecclessiarchy, but at the end of the day that's a pretty minor thing compared to the continuation of Humanity as a species and a unified government.
>>
>>46394805
I guess the Adeptus Astartes since they still serve humanity and don't see him as a God, for the most part. It's definitely not the Imperium as a whole or the Adeptus Mechanicus since they believe in superstition and are religious zealots. There's no way that any xeno are following the emperors will.
>>
>>46394805
Most of the Space Marine Chapters.

>>46394830
I'd say that Emps would be pissed off at both the Ecclesiarchy and the Almanathian Inquisitors for their status Quo mentality.
>>
>>46395684
You can't really blame the Almanathians since their view essentially boils down to pragmatism i.e. doing the best they can with what's available.
>>
>>46394805
IG. They may not be atheists, but out of everyone they're doing the best job of protecting humanity and expanding his realm.
>>
>>46395761
Even if it was a life and death situation?

Look I can understand that people fear to reform the Imperium because without Big E's guidance it would probably backfire spectacularly, but not doing things like removing incompetent military leaders and replacing them with competent ones who know how to do their job seems like a bad idea.

And don't get me started on Monodominants...
>>
>>46395831
But think about the consequences - you might be replacing a bad leader for a good one, sure. But maybe he's politically aligned with people who are less likely to support you, and piss off influential local leaders. Maybe he's got bad habits that will be riskier to deal with in a place of such power. Maybe the troops will mutiny.
>>
>>46394805
Grey Knights, they fuck up the least
>>
>>46395978
I don't know.

If we're talking about something like crusades, then here it shouldn't matter with what influential people the current leader is aligned with, but if he's incompetent, then he should be removed in favor of one who is competent so that said crusade would actually achieve its goal.

The Imperium wants results. And if that person is giving bad results then Mrs.Callidus or Mr.Vindicare will come and pay a visit to the incompetent dude.
>>
>>46394805
Salamanders and Wolves.
>>
>>46396148

Ask Macharius how well the Imperium treated its best commander.
>>
>>46396365
Its best commander? You mean Horus? He was treated all right until, well, you know.
>>
>>46396365
The High Lords were paranoid fucks who thought Macharius was going to do something really bad.

In reality, the guy simply wanted the Imperium to be awesome again.
>>
>>46396429
>Make the Imperium swole again
A slogan we can get behind
>>
The Great Crusade era Imperium was only meant as a transitional model. The Emperor took a risk and tried to secure humanity's existence as quickly as possible. Banning religion, the human Webway, not teaching them about Chaos and gearing everything towards the military was his way of achieving that. But Chaos fucked his plans up and the Imperium did the only thing it could - soldier on. So in a perverse and grimdark way the Imperium is, in a way, what the Emperor wanted it to be for the conquest of the galaxy, but not what it should become of it afterwards.
>>
Space marines
>>
Salamanders.
>>
>>46396148
But who will give the best result might not depend just on skill as a commander. A crappy general with a lot of influence can throw more at a problem than a good general with little respect. Things get really complicated in the Imperium once you look too close, which is why most everything isn't just solved simply and rationally.
>>
>>46398199
>rationally
Rationality and common sense are so rare in the Imperium that they should count as something like Untouchables and Pariahs.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.