[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Force of Will

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4

File: Arthur.jpg (195KB, 745x1040px) Image search: [Google]
Arthur.jpg
195KB, 745x1040px
Does anyone still care about Force of Will? Seems like most of my local shops either stopped carrying it/sold off most things to eBay, or there's just no one playing it in general. It's kind of depressing since I really do enjoy this more than MTG after all those years spent on it.

Anyways, is the Green/Wind starter deck worth picking up for a second one of them? I have the Light deck with Arla and such, but I kind of wanted to pick up a secondary one and build from there. One more question as well, which booster box has the best chance of the most Knights of the Round cards? The Seven Kings one?
>>
File: Bfr01Lr.jpg (1MB, 3096x4128px) Image search: [Google]
Bfr01Lr.jpg
1MB, 3096x4128px
>>46363494
I'd say wait for stuff to rotate and then see what to buy
>>
>>46363945
When is that, September or some such?
>>
File: Muse, Celestial of Music.jpg (225KB, 1080x1440px) Image search: [Google]
Muse, Celestial of Music.jpg
225KB, 1080x1440px
>>46364047
No idea, think so.
>>
>>46364126
Guessing that'll come with new Starter decks and other such things? Even still, that's a fair bit off from now, so I'm still going to get the Wind starter deck. Just don't know which booster box to pick up at the moment.
>>
>>46364194
Just get stuff from the newest set, I guess?

I'm not the most experienced either
>>
>>46364126
its september for sure
>>
So I have a question.
Force of Will looks interesting, but...
Why are the numbers inflated like that?
It just seems unnecessary to throw two extra zeroes on every number for no reason.
>>
>>46364724
It's an Asian thing
>>
>>46364570
What all are we getting then? Any ideas?
>>
I want to fuck Piruruk.
>>
>>46363494
I'm not positive, but I'm pretty sure TTW is the best for the Knights of the Round Table. At the very least, it has some big names in it like Arthur, Gawain, and Lancelot. TTW is also just a really strong set in most regards, so if you're looking for starting places I would highly recommend TTW or TMS.
>>
>>46363494
FoW is booming in my area, so I guess it largely depends on your shop. Around here, it kind of ate the people playing Cardfight Vanguard, and now sundays at the shop are pretty much FoW and 2HG.
>>
I'm still fairly new to the game, but I like green the best. I found a few decks I'm interested in.
http://fowtavern.com/monday-musings-2-moonday/
http://fowtavern.com/pricia-pulls-no-punches/ (essentially Mono-green stompy)
http://fowtcg.us/uncategorized/sylvia-gill-palarilias-deck-primer/ (essentially Atarka Red, I would slightly edit it)
Any suggestions as to which one I should go for? I'm thinking the Sylvia Gill.
>>
>>46365313
We generally have around 3-8 show up for weekly FoW night, but it's pretty much the same people and it's getting a bit smaller as time goes on. There's apparently a shop up north that's pretty lively with FoW, but it's over 3 1/2 hours one way, so it's a bit much.
>>
What is everyone brewing up deck wise? Just threw together a seer of the blue moon midrange deck and it's pretty fun. Only downside I see is not getting my Magic stone of dark depths when I need it.
>>
>>46366251
I pulled an Alisaris and a Kaguya out of a box today, as well as a fuck load of Avatar Alices for the Yggdrasil that I already had but until now was sitting there useless. So now I'm finally building that Yggdrasil I've always wanted, touching up the Alisaris deck I already had that was until now missing Alisaris, and trying to figure out what angle I want to run Kaguya.

And as always, making small little changes and refinements to Gill Lapis.

I was hoping to pull a Shion today, but now that I think about it, I can probably throw all those Muses I've been sitting on into Yggdrasil for maximum Alice cheese.
>>
>>46366370
Tree control featuring Muse seems abysmal to play against. I'm a fan of what you're doing. I just built a kaguya 3.0 midrange deck as an exercise to stay away from booty cats and/or red. It's hard for me to do that with this hand, but I'm pretty happy with the deck. Wall of wind is a super fun card to use on aggro.
>>
File: SKL059.jpg (225KB, 640x462px) Image search: [Google]
SKL059.jpg
225KB, 640x462px
Anyone figured out a decent 4 sacred beasts deck? I feel a G/B would be good but fuck shelling out 100 dollars for a playset of Cheshire.
>>
>>46366912
By G/B I mean G/U.
>>
>>46366912
I played a pretty good Pricia at a local the other day. I didn't get his full set, but I got his strat more or less down.

Turn 1 he would throw out Ratatoskr to give all his resonators quickcast. From there he would flash in a Gretel any time he needed to take a hit, while also giving himself a magic stone. I think his spread was something like x4 Blasting Waves, 4x Deep Wood, 4x Gusting Skies, 4x Moon Light so more often than not Gretel would get him a stone since the dual color ones count as green.

Other earlygame plays were Wolf in the Moonlight for a cheap powerhouse with target attack, as well as Law of Silence and Wall of Wind to bide him time to get more stones. He was really defensive early on, mostly just quickcasting things to block or using cancel spells.

By the time he would get enough to judgement and god art, he usually already had 1 or 2 sacred beasts on the field to make his God Art that much stronger. After that, it was usually only 3 turns or so until game end. I didn't see how many he had, but I saw he also had at least one Huanglong in there to get more beasts out in huge groups. Obviously he had 4 of each sacred beast in there for these huge bursts.

Really really slow at first, but once turn 4-6 rolled around he became really hard to deal with. And thanks to the lifegain you get from the beasts, putting pressure on him early didn't seem to get me very far.

Ratatoskr and Gretel seemed to be key to the set to get all the stones you need to God Art out as fast as possible.
>>
>>46367124
>12 stones
> not all wind while playing Gretel
> Moon stone only there for wolf that could easily be replaced.
I'm not that impressed.
>>
Thinking of making Moonman for my next deck, but I'm not sure which way to build him.

Contemplating going for a regalia heavy build that powers him out, since he's one of the few rulers that can evade Blazer thanks to his regalia, and he gets huge really fast.

Current idea is t1 call, mana dork t2 orb, flip, drop regalia, go ham and ideally God's Art the next turn.

Kaguya's regalia lets him stay evasive, meaning no constant Cheshire Cat chumps.

Any ideas for what turbo Gill would look like? The obvious is 4x Laev, 4x Globe, 4x Kaguya Regalia, 4x Pitch Moon, but then what? Blessed Wolfs and Dream of Juliets to pop Barrier? Some more regalia to pump him up? Elvish priest and barrier of wind? His signature removal spell?

Tough choices.
>>
>>46367218
If you took out the Moon, they would be all wind. Wolf could easily be replaced for Elvish Priest or Wind Sprite or Moonbreeze Elf for extra ramping. Or if defense is what he's going for, World Tree Protector consistently gives him something to flash in every turn while also buffing itself up every time he loses one.
>>
>>46367233
Turbo flip feels a little glass cannony to me. I had a Gill deck built for a bit that was more heavy control and didn't really rely on him at all. Might be more a personal failing on my part for not capitalizing on his abilities, but another guy in our group that turbos him out never seems to do as well with him.
>>
If I'm building for Kaguya, what do I want to run with Shining Strike? Crescent Moon Magician gets me an awakening, 600 damage, and a decent bit of bulk, but Luminescent Bamboo Bullet gets me an awakening, a guaranteed removal, and a possible second removal if a resonator was already tapped?

Or do I want to lose a bit of deck space for both?
>>
>>46367233
Turbo Regalia Gill doesn't seem to work out very well in my experience. It's basically just a less consistent Val2.0.
>>
>>46367233
Play four izanami for maximum hand control/resonator kill and pitch them to pitch black moon or incarnate them to adombroli. Lucifer as a finisher is good and Valentina is good for board control. Just punish your opponent for playing things basically.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.