[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/hbg/ - Homebrew General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5

File: 1418968115212.png (96KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
1418968115212.png
96KB, 720x480px
What are you working on, /tg/?
Settings, systems, classes, etc.
Post it so some other anons can [s]talk shit about it[/s] help you improve it!
>>
File: 1449132633784.png (34KB, 129x161px) Image search: [Google]
1449132633784.png
34KB, 129x161px
>>46363036
God damn it
>>
File: Toxicologist.pdf (1B, 486x500px)
Toxicologist.pdf
1B, 486x500px
Here's a Pathfinder class I've been messing with for a few hours.

How shitty is it and how can I improve it?
>>
>>46363036
Polishing up an Attack on Titan homebrew spinoff based on the Titan World homebrew created a few years ago. It's been sitting on the backburner for a while, but I've finally worked up the motivation to finish it. I have a lot of it already done, but I'm still torn up about the human v. human rules.

I have some new ideas to go on, but it's hard to conceptualize.
>>
I've found myself with a gap in my class roster.

Classes I've got so far:

1. Angel
2. Animist
3. Automaton
4. Demiurge
5. Hellion
6. Oracle
7. Pankrator
8. Psychopomp
9. Puppeteer
10. Sentinel
11. Veteran

Symmetry dictates that I add a twelfth class with the following statistics:
Magic attacking class
Constitution/Charisma primary
Reflex bonus

Maybe something fey-themed?
>>
>>46365214
I'unno. Soothsayer?
>>
>>46365544

I should probably just design it bottom up (mechanics first) and come up with a suitable name later, but I'm not sure what my game is missing.

Veterans are a cross between oldschool D&D fighters and 4E warlords
Sentinels are 3.5 spiked-chain/guisarme trip-build guys
Puppeteers are ranged single-target lockdown with construct companions
Psychopomps harvest souls for heals and buffs
Pankrators punch and grapple the shit out of people
Oracles are a support roll with initiative manipulation and perception-related stuff
Hellions are teleporting sneak-attackers with permafrost/radiant-mafia powers
Demiurges are weapon-based casters that summon huge magically forged armaments
Automatons are tanks that can wind up and unleash flurries of multi-attacks
Animists are Touhou-inspired ranged area controllers
Angels are smite-and-cleave uber-chargers with healing and buffing powers

What am I missing?
>>
>>46365900
You need another support class, probably like a bard that can buff allies and debilitate enemies.
>>
>>46363036
A weird steampunk wargame
>>
wanting to mod hunter x hunter in any sistem y need help
>>
File: demigodcampaign.png (2MB, 5047x4053px) Image search: [Google]
demigodcampaign.png
2MB, 5047x4053px
Any idea what system these guys used? Also, any ideas about how to run this sort of thing in 40k?
As a basis, I'm thinking:
> players begin as power-hungry daemon princes or greater daemons
> They make it their goal to learn knowledge about becoming and taking over the role of their patron chaos god
> Shenanigans include visiting the Black Library and their gods' dwellings, fights with more powerful daemons including those from the lore, and encounters with the Imperium and Xenos

The game could actually begin during the Heresy or the War in Heaven, with the end occurring at the current end of the timeline.
>>
I posted about this in a similar thread I can no longer find, but:

I'm trying to adjust the FFG SW narrative dice concept to a purely d6 system. The GM and player both assemble differently-colored pools of d6 and whichever roll is higher wins.

But how can I incorporate side effects? Someone in another thread suggested a "sliding scale", which I believe Dungeon World uses. So the degree to which your roll falls under or over the target gives you a correspondingly powerful positive or negative effect.

I liked this at first, but I've come to realize that it prevents " success with negative" or "failure with positive" outcomes because the result is tied to whether the task overall succeeds or fails.

Any ideas?
>>
>>46371341
If you like the 40k RPGs, there are rules for becoming and playing as a Daemon Prince in Black Crusade and Splatbooks (Core Rulebook and Tome of Decay IIRC).
>>
>>46373063
Tie side effects into 1s and 6s. Rolling a 1 is bad. Rolling a 6 is good. They cancel each other out. There should be no penalty for rolling higher pools, but it will give more side effects given more dice. You could also have a threshold number, determined by something prior to the rolls taking place, and anything rolled under the number counts as a scene complication for that player. You could also do something like, the more matching numbers you have, the more benefit you get.
>>
Hey guys, I have a request of something I saw posted on /tg/ once. I think a /tg/er made it, so maybe y'all know what it is:

It was a system where each 'class' was labeled something like an 'approach' and you could change between them somehow (resting?). They were mostly undefined things such as "brute" or "ranger" that had a small table (about half a page or so for each?) that showed various things they could roll for and their die for it. Brute might have a d10 close combat attack, but a d4 ranged attack, or something, and then limited utility dice/options, while another class might have a bunch of high-dice utility options, but low attack dice. Each approach/whatever had minimal fluff behind them, so you could flavor it as whatever - so a "brute" could be monstrous close combat mage, a hulking barbarian, etc.

>>46365214
Where did the word "Pankrator" come from? Are you aware of the word "pantok(c)rator"?
>>
>>46374013
>You could also have a threshold number, determined by something prior to the rolls taking place, and anything rolled under the number counts as a scene complication for that player.
I actually like this! I already have a mechanic called pressure, inspired by 13th Age's escalation dice. Basically, when combat starts, pressure is at 0. Every round, pressure increases by 1. All attacks do the weapon's damage, plus the current pressure. This is to keep combat quick.

Since I want non-combat checks to also have side-effects, I'll have to think of a way to adapt this outside combat. The first step in setting up a roll is the GM determining how difficult it is on a scale of 1 to 5, so maybe all dice that exceed that number are positive and all under are negative.
>>
>>46374232
>I actually like this! I already have a mechanic called pressure, inspired by 13th Age's escalation dice.
I'm familiar with it. I am not sure how well you can adapt it to non-combat, though I certainly like the intent. I actually use something similar in another homebrew I haven't touched in a while. But my original intention with the suggestion was something along the line of attunement, where traits influence your threshold. Someone who specializes in a style of light saber combat, for example, would have a lower threshold fighting someone who doesn't--or maybe even increases the opponent's threshold instead.
>>
I'm trying to either find or come up with a game that's similar to Fate in regards to aspects, but not sacrifice immersion for it.

I want to utilize it both as an extension for the metaphysics of my game world setting, but also as a mechanic of corruption and degradation. Things have certain aspects, and the more they feed into these aspects the more corrupted they become.
>>
>>46368747
Post it.
>>
>>46374671
The way I'm doing things now, NPCs/monsters don't have stats per say, just a difficulty. It's like Numenera where the GM just sets a target difficulty for players.
>>
>>46365214
Harlequin?
>>
File: First Batch.png (21KB, 722x638px) Image search: [Google]
First Batch.png
21KB, 722x638px
Side-scroller beat-em-up styled skirmish. Character actions are treated like combos. People can move, strike, defend, or overwatch. Striking before moving back from the enemy causes the player to evade. Moving before striking causes the player to kick instead of punch. Advancing to a class adds other commands similar to skills. Otherwise the base class is a standard brawler sort of person.
>>
>>46376075
Just keep in mind larger dicepools = more chances to fuck up threshold. Which may not be intended.
>>
>>46376551
I am trying to limit it to 6d6 on either side. So 12 dice total, max. And I'm thinking of dropping that even lower.
>>
>>46366117
Good idea, thanks!

>>46374089

Pankrator comes from pankraction:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pankration

Wasn't aware of the word pantokrator, but I'll have to use that for something now.
>>
>>46376663
If you limit it, it would still follow the same logic. More dice = bigger dicepool = higher average result. So a player is punished for getting higher dicepools by having more opportunities to roll under threshold and fuck up. Even if they succeed. Unless everyone has the same amount of dice, in which case this wouldn't matter.

If it does matter, I'm not sure really how to fix it without knowing the system. It's one of those things you have to design around.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.