[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Warcraft Lore and RPG Discussion

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 315
Thread images: 44

File: lichkingjaina.jpg (364KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
lichkingjaina.jpg
364KB, 1920x1200px
Lich Queen Edition

Discuss the viability of the Warcraft universe as a tabletop RPG setting. Have fun and be excellent to each other.

Previous thread:
>>46341488
>>
File: Orc Girl and Wyvern.jpg (242KB, 800x1349px) Image search: [Google]
Orc Girl and Wyvern.jpg
242KB, 800x1349px
I sometimes wish Blizzard would remember that some of their mount species are sapient or near-sapient sometimes.

Just to see how they'd react to this insanity.
>>
>>46356659
Yeah, wyvers, raptors, and gryphons are all at least semi-sapient. Most of the drakes are fully sapient, of course. Not sure about the rest.

I think sabers, horses, and worgs are fairly intelligent, but not as much as the above.
>>
>>46356659
>all those drakes eternally bound to someone's will because they had good RNG in the right dungeon
>>
>>46356724
Then there's my Netherdrake, who is gladly accompaning me during my short mortal life because I saved his species from enslavement. And my sunnhide gronnling which I've beaten into submission because he is a little bitch
>>
>>46356724
I imagine most of them are friendly, and the Black/Twilight/Chromatic drakes are lobotomized and gelded

>>46356704
>Yeah, wyvers, raptors, and gryphons are all at least semi-sapient.
Wyvern and Hippogryphs were called "Sentient" in the WC3 manual back when people confused "Sentient" with "Sapient" all the goddamn time.

SO I think they were fully sapient.
>>
>>46356849
>accompaning me during my short mortal life
Netherdrakes age at a highly accelerated rate compared to other dragons, reaching the end of their lifespan much sooner.

I'm sorry to have to tell you this, but that guy probably isn't going to outlive you. Even the largest Nether Dragons were 18 at the oldest in TBC, and that's only if they were actually the first generation.
>>
>>46356992
What is a fracture of a dragon lifespan? I'm pretty sure dragons live longer than nightelves, so drastically reduced lifespans could very well mean that he's "only" going to get 1000 years old.
>>
>>46356992
Doesn't necessarily mean that they're aging THAT fast beyond maturity, Wrathion's already a (Small) Drake in Legion,
>>
>>46357100
>>46357118
As it's described, they themselves know that they grow quickly but burn out shortly afterward as their energies fade. As such, some of them must have already must have died of old age in the couple of decades that they've existed.
>>
>>46357193
Yeah, but he gets Misha with him, who is a good tank for group fights and has a nasty stun with her charge.
He's still massively underpowered compared to the recent Diablo heroes added.
>>
>>46356724
What was the deal with Kael'thas's phoenix?
>>
>>46357608
I don't know. The nigger never fucking drops it for me. Going on 8 fucking years now.
>>
File: WoW - Night Elf Death Knight.jpg (197KB, 598x830px) Image search: [Google]
WoW - Night Elf Death Knight.jpg
197KB, 598x830px
>>46356544
If it's a Lich Queen edition then I guess I have to adjust. Posting Night Elf Death Knight.

Also considering how much the species such as Aqir, Trolls, Elves, and Dwarfs have changed over the years resulting in different ethnicity or mutated into other species. Do you guys think that in the future of Warcraft Humans would mutate into something different? Since humans are talking apes in a way.
>>
>>46357649
Nah. Humans and other Titan-Construct derived races seem pretty stable when there isn't some curse levied on them.
>>
>>46356544
hory sheet, diamonds.

That aside, lore-casual here.
I've only played WC3 and TFT and WoW (but not too much of the lore rubbed off on me). When Arthas picks up Frostmourne, it consumes his soul. This turns Arthas into the sarcastic bastard we know and love from FT, but my question is this. When Arthas was the Lich King, how much of his actions were dictated by him and how much by Ner'Zuhl? Since Arthas had no soul, does that put NZ at a n advantage? I ask because I was wondering how long will Bolvar hold out? He never lost his soul to Frostmorne (afaik), he was just tortured and then donned the helm.
>>
>>46357955
In a mental Battle soulless Arthas "Killed" Ner'zhul but they sorta fused in a strange way.
>>
>>46357726
Well let's say that the rest of humanity did get inflicted with a curse. This seem to happen to the a lot with the Forsaken and Worgan running around. How would Humanity change in Warcraft considering their racial traits?
>>
>>46358022
Was this in a book or something?
>>
>>46358167
Yes, in the Arthas novel, but the actual ramifications of the mental image of killing Nerzhul and exiling a child that represented his connection with his soul that was trapped in Frostmourne are unclear.
>>
>>46357955
Initially the Lich King was a perfect synthesis of Arthas and Ner'zhul's personalities. He was both of them and neither and more. Then it was changed to Arthas killing Mind Ner'zhul and solo taking the LK mantle.

Blizz lore is dumb.
>>
>>46358239
We don't actually know what the "Mindkill" vision in the Arthas Novel meant.

Since he clearly still has some aspects of Nerzhul's personality and memories in Wrath.
>>
>>46358022
golden was a mistake
>>
>>46358389
I don't think she'd have been allowed to have that MIndkill without Blizzard agreeing to it or even giving her the idea.
>>
>>46358239
Ner'zhul wasn't killed, he was just suppressed, as stupid as that still was. Arthas and Ner'zhul both ended up getting trapped in the shards of Frostmourne, as of the lore coming out of the Frost DK quest chain. I think Bolvar ends up taking them back into the Helm? I don't remember.
>>
>>46358071
>It's corruption again

Chris, this is an intervention. For the past fifteen years we've watched you do this. We hoped you would maybe grow out of it - We hoped it was just a phase - But you're really having us concerned.

We want our old Chris back, Chris. The one who drew black ink artwork for Warcraft 2 that was so fucking metal it would've blown Nathan Explosion out of his socks, man. We want the Chris back who wrote about people making choices who ultimately decide if they're good or evil, not just another force too strong to resist except for your own petty self-insert!

Just fucking come clean, Chris! Do it for us who love you!
>>
>>46358453
well its that she changed a few small things in her story that made it cooler, but ultimately worse
>>
>>46358455
>Arthas and Ner'zhul both ended up getting trapped in the shards of Frostmourne, a
I believe they were in the crown, not the shards, and Bolvar has you re-suppress them by killing those ghosts, buying im a few more weeks of relative sanity.
>>
>>46357634
I quit WoW a couple months back, been playing for 11 years, but my parting gift was the Ashes of Al'ar and Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker.

My advice? Just run them every reset when you feel like it, don't overextend yourself. Some things you are destined to get, others you are not.

The happiest moment before I quit was watching my warrior friend finally craft Sulfuron, Hand of Ragnaros while donning the full Dark Iron plate.
>>
>>46358510
Yeah, it does seem painfully lazy.
>>
File: WoD-Thrall.png (372KB, 631x343px) Image search: [Google]
WoD-Thrall.png
372KB, 631x343px
>tfw i saw this concept art and actually thought thrall would become a badass again
>tfw he's still the same mushy goon

i want my warcraft 3 thrall back. the level-headed warrior-shaman who wasn't afraid to crush your skull if you fucked around too much, but knew the value of not crushing everyone's skull anytime they pissed him off
>>
File: I's_afraid_of_the_dark.gif (903KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
I's_afraid_of_the_dark.gif
903KB, 480x270px
>>46359109
He still does that. Occasionally. When nobody asks for it.
And he cheats while doing so.
Douchebag
>>
>>46359626
Mak Gora does not need to be a naked one-weapon fight final destination fox only.
>>
>>46359626
>Garrosh was deaded on previous Xpack.
>Metzen's brown orc lust is not yet satisfied.
>Have Garrosh go back in time before he died and assume the position of the alternate Garrosh
>Nothing else comes from this
>Mean Garrosh just needed to be there.
Fuck I hated Draenor.
>>
>>46359867
>>Metzen's brown orc lust is not yet satisfied.
No, that was Kosak's WC1/WC3 boner.
>>
>>46359928
WC11/WC2.

Kosak routinely shits on WC3, I typoed.
>>
>>46359990
I think you got mixed up.
Grommosh Hellscream is Thrall's BFF and is in the original warcrafts.
Garrosh is his son who became warchief in Cataclysm, then was killed in Pandaria.
>>
>>46359847
But Mak'Gora is supposed to be a 1v1 fight between two combatants.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D1SdVC2mrz8

You would agree with me if I said that Thrall, and shamans in general, sees the elements as living, intelligent entities and not just a source of power, wouldn't you?
Which is why all I see in this fight is a beaten Thrall who calls in his friends to gangbang Garrosh to death.

Garrosh was a douche and deserved to die, but not like this.
>>
>>46360123
No, Mak'Gora has always included the use of shamanic magic from the very first time we are shown it in the pre-wrath leadup event.

So cease being such a giant faggot and learn your fucking history.
>>
File: TheLandOfSquanderedPotential.png (630KB, 725x683px) Image search: [Google]
TheLandOfSquanderedPotential.png
630KB, 725x683px
>>46359867
It could have been awesome. Heck, it could have been the most glorious and epic experience since WotLK. But it was butchered, disemboweld and torn to shreds, just to get Legion out faster.

This better be worth it, Blizzard. I hope that the Sunken Islands and Demon Fuckery can cope with Netherstorm pre Outland and a raid where every boss is one of the great chiefs.
>>
File: firefly-jayne.jpg (19KB, 447x437px) Image search: [Google]
firefly-jayne.jpg
19KB, 447x437px
>>46360123
>Implying an orc wouldn't treat his very favorite axe the same way a shaman treats the elements
>Implying Garrosh didn't treat his favorite axes like amazonian princesses during downtime
>>
>>46359847
you're also not supposed to wear armor, right?
>>
>>46359847
>using magic in a duel with a normie isn't cheating
Come the fuck on, there is no way bending reality over your knee is not cheating against a guy with an axe.
>>
>>46360259
I did say naked.

But that's only ONE kind of Mak'Gora.

Others are full armor, no magic limit killfests.
>>
>>46360219
That sounds retarded. If shamans are allowed to use both a weapon and magic they're pretty much always the winner.
>>
>>46360219
Wrong. Thrall cheated in the Mak'gora fight against Garrosh in several ways.

Firstly, Mak'gora requires both combatants use one weapon. Thrall used the elements, therefore a second weapon.

Two, both combatants are allowed a shamanistic blessing, but it is not required. The wording on this is loose but the interpretation assumes a single positive blessing. Therefore, Thrall using the elements to ensnare Garrosh and wombo combo him into the ground is another violation.

Three, body armour is forbidden. Thrall is clearly wearing the Doomplate under his shaman robes in the cinematic. Yet another blatant violation of Mak'gora's rules.

In summary; one definite violation of Mak'gora, with two more possible violations depending on interpretation of the rules. Blizzard doesn't know what the fuck they're doing and obviously made the battle cinematic without even remembering their own lore.

Best part is that green Jesus got away with the most scummiest of cheating cunt moves and nobody seems to care.
>>
>>46360404
>If shamans are allowed to use both a weapon and magic they're pretty much always the winner.

Warriors in the setting are routinely capable of feats like deflecting spells, running at super speed, interrupting spell preparation, spinning, shouting so hard that nearby enemies slow down, and pulling magical taunt banners out of their asses. I think the odds are a lot less skewed than you say.
>>
>>46360425
>Firstly, Mak'gora requires both combatants use one weapon. Thrall used the elements, therefore a second weapon.
>Two, both combatants are allowed a shamanistic blessing, but it is not required. The wording on this is loose but the interpretation assumes a single positive blessing. Therefore, Thrall using the elements to ensnare Garrosh and wombo combo him into the ground is another violation.
>Three, body armour is forbidden. Thrall is clearly wearing the Doomplate under his shaman robes in the cinematic. Yet another blatant violation of Mak'gora's rules.
All of those rules were for one TYPE of Mak'Gora

The *VERY FIRST EVER MAK'GORA SHOWN IN WARCRAFT* was thrall hammering and electrocuting Garrosh while both wore full armor before the start of WotLK.

The Duel in the Shattering was just the ultra tourneyfag "Final Destination no Items Fox Only" bullshit version of a Mak'Gora.

The one before WotLK and the one in WoD were the more common "1v1 me Fgt!" types.
>>
Bring back Kel'Thuzad
>>
>We're at the Mak'gora argument again.

Stop it. Pleeeeeaaaaase. Mak'gora is so fucking stupid. Just let it be.

Whenever this comes up, precious threadspace just gets wasted on shitflinging.
>>
>>46360382
Where is stated that there are multiple types of Mak'Gora? We only know that there's the traditional one with a loincloth, a blessed weapon and at least one witness per combatant and that the rules were watered down under Thralls rule.

>>46360425
Thrall gets away with it because there were no witnesses. Which is the fourth violation. At this point we can all agree that it was just a duel between a very angry redskin and a very pathetic greenskin, with no rules we know of.

>>46360123
I always have to chuckle when I see that scene:

"You made me the honorless bastard who brings magic fuckery to a battlefield"

"No, you did that youself, faggot" - proceeds to magic him to death after being beaten fair and square.
>>
>>46360681
The only water down was the removal of the death requirement.
>>
>>46360578
Those rules are from the Shattering and Bloodsworn rules of Mak'gora, which are the only rules ever shown for Mak'gora. Any fight that violates those rules is either not an actual Mak'gora, or it's another case of shitty writers not knowing their own lore.
>>
>>46360775
The shattering rules came AFTER the first Mak'Gora, nowhere was it said there was only one true Mak'Gora.

And Bloodsworn has two people go at it in full armor.
>>
>>46360681
>Implying warriors in Warcraft aren't pseudo-magical
>Implying that they aren't capable of pulling off superhuman feats through sheer anger

Warriors are able to rapidly heal their wounds by being really fucking angry. The bullshit they can do is just a different flavor of bullshit from the shaman's.
>>
>>46361052
In gameplay: Yes
In lore: Not so much.
Would've been interesting to see Cairne regenerating his wounds and trading blows with a Garrosh who's doing the same, with Cairne losing afer what, 10 minutes? (I have no idea how long an Arms vs Arms duel takes) Though I guess that the dot from the poison would speed things up a little.
>>
>>46361690
Cairne's half arms half shaman.
>>
File: Classic Blunder.jpg (17KB, 300x233px) Image search: [Google]
Classic Blunder.jpg
17KB, 300x233px
>Wrathion cause literally the entirety of WoD
>Nobody remembers this
>Everybody forgets about the Old Gods as well
>Hearthstone is releasing an expansion about the Old Gods
I swear to fucking god if Blizz makes Wrathion Deathwing 2.0 I'm fucking murdering Metzen in his sleep
>>
>>46361052
I've always taken that as a gameplay thing too. I assume for anything semi magic the warrior might use magic weapons like ravager or stormbolt. But the warrior himself is just a very strong, fast whatever dude
>>
>>46357649
>Do you guys think that in the future of Warcraft Humans would mutate into something different?
I once had a dream where there were Frost, Sea, and maybe Fire humans who descended from different kinds of Vrykul, and a corrupted variant which developed from their interbreeding in a similar fashion to Chromatic or Twilight dragons.

They were sort of a pale, slimy, and hairless bunch who served as a dark priest caste, using their powers to manipulate and control the other Human subraces. Then the common Human type discovered the Light and used it to fight back against the corrupted ones, before proceeding to genocide every other variant of Humanity that existed so that the corrupted variety could never be reborn.
>>
>>46362120
That's some crazy shit anon. I had a dream where the horde destroys the alliance and heavily weaken Stormwind. This resulted in Communism coming into Warcraft with the People's Republic of Stormwind which then proceeded to ally itself with the Night Elves and Dwarves declaring war on every other nation in Azeroth. This ended up destroying the Horde and wrecked havoc in the lands allowing the old god, Yogg-Saron to come free. Then every race in Azeroth had to unite together to kill Yogg-Saron before he can free his brothers from their prisons.
>>
>>46361813
I'll help. I didn't go through that entire quest line to create the non-corrupt little shit just to have the little shit go and corrupt himself.
>>
>>46363491
Well, that sounds like it could make a fun campaign.
>>
I wonder what races in game think of the Adventurers at times. I mean, by the end of the Pandaria campaign I was covered in almost as much Sha Corrupted Shit as Garrosh and had at least two friendly Sha following me around to be used in Pokemon battles.
Do the Pandarians ever see that and just go "The fuck?"
>>
>>46365054
Just make them doubt what they're seeing. You're covered in Sha shit. You can do it!
>>
>>46365054
>play through WoD as any race other than an orc or draenei
>all the orcs and draenei still somehow know what you are
>>
>>46365205
Orcs actually thought that Trolls were like a type of Ogre when they first learned of them.
>>
>>46365199
I always imagined Nozdormu watching as I ran around battling Infinite Whelps until I found a rare one. Then when I left, he goes and grabs a barrel of Dragon Booze and in a small way I contributed to him ending up corrupted as fuck.

>"You're not allowed to use the timebreaking dragons as mounts and pets, dammit!"
>>
>>46365383
Orcs learned from captured human records about giant brutes that they fought against and compared them to their own ogres.

>>46365205
Very fast news media on Draenor, Garrosh did bring Goblins over and we all know those hook-nosed, greedy bastards control the media.
>>
File: 800px-Infinite_Timereaver_mount.jpg (60KB, 800x500px) Image search: [Google]
800px-Infinite_Timereaver_mount.jpg
60KB, 800x500px
>>46365423
but anon

you do get a infinite drake as mount.
>>
File: 634950192628286027.png (546KB, 554x608px) Image search: [Google]
634950192628286027.png
546KB, 554x608px
>>46365720
You can get them as pets too. That's the point.
>>
>>46365720
I need to get one of those if I start playing again. I used to play my Shadow Priest as a sort of researcher who studied and collected all of this sort of dark corrupted stuff.
>>
File: 1374466148450.gif (5MB, 389x405px) Image search: [Google]
1374466148450.gif
5MB, 389x405px
>>
File: 1374466982215.gif (2MB, 666x535px) Image search: [Google]
1374466982215.gif
2MB, 666x535px
>>46365991
>>
File: 510618-holy-dreadlord.jpg (158KB, 1600x480px) Image search: [Google]
510618-holy-dreadlord.jpg
158KB, 1600x480px
Thoughts on this?
>>
>>46366189
what the fug
>>
File: 4kli7ndjz5t9.gif (1MB, 365x538px) Image search: [Google]
4kli7ndjz5t9.gif
1MB, 365x538px
We're posting butts?
>>
File: HolyDreadlord.jpg (629KB, 2536x1080px) Image search: [Google]
HolyDreadlord.jpg
629KB, 2536x1080px
>>46366227
Closer picture posted just now. Side effects of the Light include limb and horn loss.

It seems we're getting redemons now. It's funny because the Nathrezim aren't even a corrupted race. They originated as evil demonic bastards.
>>
File: 1410996405051.png (59KB, 256x281px) Image search: [Google]
1410996405051.png
59KB, 256x281px
>>46366311
Could this mean that we are finally the ones doing the "corrupting?"
>>
>>46366311
The Nathrezim are famed as the greatest liars in the universe. Their forte is deception and sedition.

Who's to say this light-redeemed Nathrezim isn't also a lie?
>>
File: 1428338447097.png (157KB, 516x440px) Image search: [Google]
1428338447097.png
157KB, 516x440px
___________ was the worst instance ever.
>Why?
___________ was the worst raid ever.
>Why?
>>
>>46366362
It's looking like it's finally Army of the Light time.
>>46366369
Well, unless his name turns out to be something dumb like "Lucyfyr", I don't think that's likely. He'd be better off pretending to be something that isn't a Dreadlord at all.
>>
>>46366311
>Side effects of the Light include limb and horn loss.
He may have cut them off as penance.
>>
>>46366460
>Stormstout Brewery
>boss fights were stupid, plot was worse, and there wasn't nearly enough Chen for a dungeon named after him
>>
>>46366569
beer elementals were a dumb but fun joke. Even funnier was casting dark simulacrum on them and throwing beer at the hozen.
>>
File: 1392762445132.jpg (822KB, 800x1240px) Image search: [Google]
1392762445132.jpg
822KB, 800x1240px
>>46366460
>Maraudon
It just drags on and on, and it's easy to get turned around since most of it looks the same.
>The Deathwing fight
The Argent Crusade tournament raid may arguably be worse for being a straight boss rush, but the Deathwing finale was arguably the worst way to send off an expansion.
>>
>>46366460

I'm going to ignore Vanilla for the most part, because aside from nostalgia some of the dungeons and raids were an absolute clusterfuck in design. I also won't comment on Cataclysm as I avoided that shit like the hot garbage it was, but I'm sure someone will come and correct me on how it's dungeons and raids were the worst of them all.

>Hall of Lightning was the worst dungeon ever

Dungeons with a built in escort mechanic are fucking awful. Culling of Stratholme did this, but at least you gave a shit about Arthas and this pivotal moment of Warcraft history. Hall of Lightning was just boring as fuck and it was the worst thing to get when signing up for random heroics. It didn't matter how overgeared or prepared you were, you still had to complete it at Brann's slow ass pace.

>Trial of the Crusader was the worst raid ever

You just sat and waited for the bosses to come. The bosses themselves aren't even anything interesting considering each one is designed to work in that same damn circular arena every time. It also came up really quickly after Ulduar patch, which meant that there was no gear value in running the best raid in the game. Even alts and noobies could just buy ilevel appropriate gear for the Argent Tournament. It also took fucking forever until ICC was released. Which meant it was boring AND we had to do it over and over again for an ungodly amount of time.

The jousting dailies were also complete garbage after the novelty wore off 10 seconds in.
>>
File: Pope urban II calling.jpg (34KB, 496x818px) Image search: [Google]
Pope urban II calling.jpg
34KB, 496x818px
>>46366362
DEUS VULT FUCKERS
THE LIGHTS COMIN FOR YA
SOMEONE GET VELEN ON THE LINE
>>
>>46366732
velen would offer draenei pussy up to the next orc and run away to talador.
>>
>>46366362
It's finally time to dress up all the Succubi as nuns.
>>
File: ragnaroslightlord.png (360KB, 400x573px) Image search: [Google]
ragnaroslightlord.png
360KB, 400x573px
>>46366311
ragnaros was only a silly hearthstone card they said. he will have zero impact on the warcraft lore they said.
>>
>>46366311
So did the Eredar and the Orcs, but that doesn't stop Blizzard from turning every race into a Dindu Nuffin.
>>
>>46366311
you know, other than the fact that it makes no sense, it looks pretty cool.
>>
>>46366894
It's stated in the lore book they just released.
>>46366870
You didn't really think it was impossible for the Light to corrupt, did you? I wouldn't be surprised if Blood Elves started changing too.
>>
>>46366950
The Naaru always said they were building an Army of the Light and that it wasn't just the Draenei. Did you really think they were just lying about that?
>>
>>46367028
yeah, I figured that out when velen let his people die
>>
>>46366950
>>46366311
Kind of makes sense. Not every member of a species has to be an evil motherfucker. Who's to say the originator races of the legion don't have similarly-minded folk like the Alliance and Horde that we're unaware of?
>>
>>46366460
I have only experience with Vanilla. Wailing Caverns is LITERALLY a waste of time because it kill XP/hr and twinks have an improbable chance of getting the armor set, and they have to spend HOURS grinding the dungeon just to get the pieces necessary. Shitty aesthetic, shitty BGM, shitty bosses.

The worst raid had to be Molten Core, solely because of having to run it over and over and OVER waiting for new content to be released.
>>
File: latest[1].jpg (157KB, 747x600px) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].jpg
157KB, 747x600px
>>46366870
My favorite Elemental Lord, ruined...
>>
>>46367108
Yeah, they really missed the chance to make his shoulder flares look like angelic wings.
>>
>>46358572
Ho ho, what's that? I left Wow a whilz ago but never did any quest for Bolvar as the LK.
>>
>>46367165
Seriously nigger? You left before the best expansion?
>>
>>46367165
Legion "alpha" (really just an earlyish beta) spoilers.
>>
>>46367175
>>46367177
Eh, maybe I'll end up buying the expansion, jusy to guck around for a month or 2, before I realise I just can't afford to play at least 3 hours a day, other stuff to do.
>>
>>46366460
> ___________ was the worst instance ever.
Trial of Crusader will be too easy
So I am giving it to black fanthom depth (pre-cata)
The location is awful, its all murky inside.
No one wants to do it.

> ___________ was the worst raid ever.
Trail of the Grand Crusader
Idiotic story, terrible environment.
While some of the fights are interesting its just fucking awful overall.

Also source of the all epic geared 1000 dps players.
(Well The worst I saw achieved 15 dps because all he did was auto attack...on a warlock)
>>
>>46366460
>___________ was the worst instance ever.
Tossup between revamped Zul Gurub or revamped Zul Aman.
It's fine to make a raid a slog; that's part of the challenge. They were just tedious as oversimplified dungeons.
>worst raid
I can't say I had any horrible experiences, even with the worst raid mechanics because I had a good guild of people who were always pleasant to run with, even if we died a lot.
Died to Vaelastrasz 47 times in one day. Finally killed the fucker on the 48th try. That's the sort of sadist I can be.

I may have to jump on the bandwagon and say Trial of the Crusader as the least pleasant.
It just didn't bring anything new or interesting to the table and yeah, all the fights sucked to be stuck in that same little circle until the very end.
And in the fall to Anub'arak, there was ALWAYS some cunt of a Death Knight who had to turn on Path of Frost.
>>
>used to play worgen because I love their design and story, I mean shit, british in Warcraft
>realise loads of people don't like worgen
>get asked to tank for a group of only worgen
>opportunity to RP a bit in my head, perfect
>10 mins in, they start discussing their favorite furry porn and their next furry convention

Now I know why people hate worgen. I cannot look at Sheepeater, my grizzled warrior veteran, the same.
>>
>>46367295
I know what you mean. I like a lot of things about the Worgen, too, but I can't stand the furfaggotry they tend to attract.
And I thought I was so clever naming my Worgen Rogue Wherewolf.
>>
>>46367295
Pandaren have the same problem

Tauren too, but to a lesser extent
>>
>>46367238
>___________ was the worst instance ever.

I remember hating Gnomeregan in vanilla. I still really don't like the place very much.
>>
>>46367278
>there was ALWAYS some cunt of a Death Knight who had to turn on Path of Frost.

I still consider Death Knights like second class citizens because of this and the macro every fucking Death Knight had that made them yell "GET OVER HERE" when they used Death Grip.
>>
>>46367238
I actually liked BFD more before they replaced all the Naga, Makrura, and Old-God-allied Satyr with more twilight cult people. Not to mention replacing even some of the older twilight cult mobs.
>>
>>46367367
I just hate them due to how bullshit easy the class is.

Or was, haven't played in years, maybe the've fixed them
>>
>>46367278
I always wanted to go into the old Zul Aman. I kept putting it off and cata happened.
>>
>>46367390
I ran old ZG every three days for six months leading up to the revamp and not ONCE did any of the mounts drop for me.
And not one dropped when I did it in Vanilla, either.
>>
>>46367364
My friend has a great story of running his guildleaders qlt and friends through gnomer on his 60 in vanilla.

...The Guildleader's priest MCed a mob off the ...second? cliff ring.

My friend instantly hearthed out and left them to their fates.
>>
File: Well fuck you too.jpg (30KB, 883x617px) Image search: [Google]
Well fuck you too.jpg
30KB, 883x617px
>>46367382
>mfw we could do Dungeons with just 5 blood DK at launch

They were so OP it made baby Jesus cry.
>>
>>46367438
blood DPS was the coolest concept ever. Like playing a literal vampire
>>
>>46367416
>Those few dungeons where you could just taunt one guy at the very start and he'd bring back half of the mobs and 1 boss with him

I'm trying to remember which ones they were but I'm sure there were some like that.
>>
>>46367464
Not quite the very start but i think maybe in LBRS you could do something like that.
>>
>>46367447
And then they made Blood the tank spec.
>>
>>46367494
yeah. Kinda odd. I mean frost as a tank made much more sense. You use the frozen winds of northrend to become an icy unmoving pillar of death.
>>
I've always disparaged the LFG tool as one of the worst things to happen to WoW's group finding.
It just makes things so impersonal and robotic and no one communicates in dungeons anymore aside from the huntard hopping up and down saying "GO! GO! GO!"

Still, it beats sitting in Ironforge for two hours spamming "LF4M UBRS NO MORE FUCKING ROGUES!"
>>
Guys, the Death Knights have a class hall quest to attack the Silver Hand quest hall.

They want to raise Tirion as one of the Four Horseman. I...don't know how to feel about this. I'm scared.
>>
>>46367529
Yeah it seems retarded.

Also someone claimed the DKs have a certain Sally W. as an initiate.
>>
>>46367529
TAKBIR
WE ARE FINALLY MAKING KING ARTHAS PROUD.
GOD BLESS
>>
>>46367529
For what it's worth, assuming all other class hall quests are canon, Tirion dies and leaves the Ashbringer to be picked up in the Retribution Paladin chain.
>>
File: Thrallson.jpg (10KB, 236x242px) Image search: [Google]
Thrallson.jpg
10KB, 236x242px
>>46359109
i want my warcraft 3 thrall back. the level-headed warrior-shaman who >wasn't afraid to crush your skull if you fucked around too much, but knew the value of not crushing everyone's skull anytime they pissed him off

Give the poor guy a break will ya? He is getting old, he just wants to settle down and raise a family. After all the shit he went through since Warcraft 3 you really cannot blame him that he wants to leave the spotlight. Although the plot will not let him of course.

There are some inconsistencies here tough, considering Voljin, the new Warchief, seems to be younger than him at this point, even tough Voljin was already a pretty old dude in Warcraft 3.
>>
>>46367555
Yeah, this is supposed to be post that scenario. Also, the DK's have another scenario where they stop off at Scarlet Monastery for more...recruiting.
>>
>>46365774
>>46365720

But. . . but isn't the infinite Dragonflight a pseudo-hivemind entity centered around "Oh god my name is fucked send help." ?
>>
>>46367610
>get in lightfags.
>we're making the azeroth great again
>>
>>46367529
Well, I mean, I'm okay with that.

I've always been a huge fan of DK, Warrior, and Paladin, and Paladin and DK quests seem related, so good enough for me.
>>
>>46367598

Trolls can get pretty fucking old bro, if the Loa actually like them they can live practically forever and range from Old dude to teenager if the Loa in question thinks it matters.

Hell, some Trolls can become pseudo-Loa and become immortal -up until they get eaten by the closest Loa spirit of a particularly angry stick.
>>
>>46367598
Pretty sure Voljin's father was old. The vol'jin we know just had to settle with the normal model, hence why he looked old.
And trolls leave pretty long don't they? What's with being mutated elves and shit.
>>
>>46367632
So is Bolvar Trump or the player character?
>>
>>46367668
I thought trolls were among the shorter lifespans among playable races. Or is that just chalked up to their typically barbaric lifestyle?
>>
>>46367679
None. Keep those filthy politics away from this nice lore thread.
>>
>>46367693
Pretty sure goblins and gnomes would be the ones with the shortest lifespan even excluding "accidents".
>>
>>46367679
no, I just meant that DKs were kicking into overdrive.
its a good feeling
>>
>>46367709
Assuming no accidents, trolls have the shortest lifespan, followed by goblins.

Gnomes live almost as long as dwarves, upwards of two centuries
>>
>>46367693

Barbaric lifestyle coupled with being the favorite snacks of spirit-eating immortal stupidly powerful and often very cruel and capricious creatures.

You also gotta remember, Trolls are the oldest sapient race on Azeroth, and every tribe is basically a subspecies in and of itself.

Like, I don't imagine the Zandalar would have short lifespans, nor do I imagine the Darkspear trolls to have short lives.

I mean, the Amani in the Desert are, to a man, absolutely fucking insane, I can't imagine that makes their life expectancy go up.
>>
>easily distracted layabout mage
>warrior who uses drink and women to get through what happened in the second war
>qt draenei joins the alliance expedition because she zealously wants to destroy the horde

this campaign is going to get silly
>>
>>46367836
Zul'Aman is in the forest. Zul'Farrak is in the Tanaris desert.

And if you want stupid-insane trolls, you want the Drakkari. Those motherfuckers are so crazy, all the other trolls told them to fuck off and exiled them to the north.
>>
Are all Draenei girls naturally stupid?

Now don't get me wrong, porn has REALLY taken their stupidity to an extreme, but it seems like Draenei females are extremely naive, like Protestant-Midwest-three siblings kind of stupid. The males have their own kind of stupid but that makes them excellent meatshields. Are Draenei females meant to be fucked?
>>
>>46367903
they honestly seem wife material tier. Like they love the good in everything, are incredibly loving and kind.
and attractive too
>>
>>46365904
They're pretty damn rare. I tried grinding for one for a good couple of months and never even saw another group member loot it, and I think I only ever witnessed another person riding one.

Good news is that you're assigned the mount; it's not rolled for, so there's little competition.
>>
>>46367903
Well what did you expected?
It's basically extremely religious Christians with the live thy neighbour except the black ones turned up to eleven.
See how really religious christians young girls are naive, and amplify that. Your allegory was right.
>>
File: 1382927589289.jpg (260KB, 533x765px) Image search: [Google]
1382927589289.jpg
260KB, 533x765px
>>46367903
Ostensibly, no. The excuse people me make is "oh, they're aliens who crashlanded on Azeroth; they have no concept of local customs, so they come off as stupid or naive." The accent doesn't help matters either. This falls apart when you consider that the draenei come from a highly-advanced culture. Furthermore, the draenei have been stuck on Azeroth for several years now, so they've had more than enough time to meet the locals and learn the culture.

That said, >>46367920 is right: draenei ladies are ultimate wife material. They are genuine, they are faithful, they are fervent believers in the Light, they are beautiful, and they are very capable.
>>
>>46367920
Well, we've seen how Maraad and men viewed humans before. Draenei think of the commonfolk as hideous barely sapient things. Only the best of humanity is equal to them in their eyes.
>>
>>46367598
Thrall is only in his mid-30s
He is in no way OLD.
Actually he is the youngest of all faction leaders in game.
The only one younger than him would be Anduin.
>>
>>46367970
>faithful
yes yes
>>
>>46367992
>>46367992
Monara is the "idiot airhead draenei," though.
>>
>>46367970
>Furthermore, the draenei have been stuck on Azeroth for several years now, so they've had more than enough time to meet the locals and learn the culture.

I really wish they'd just redo Draenei and BE starting zones. It's old now.
>>
>>46368004
people just want to fap to bimbo sluts I guess
>>
>>46368013
fuck no, I'm tired of content disappearing forever

If I want to relive the Warcraft 3 story I can replay Warcraft 3

If I want to relive the early years of WoW's story I litterally can't anymore
>>
>>46368033
Just play on a private server
>>
>>46368033
yeah. I mean blizzard jacks off over their phasing tech. Why couldn't they keep the old world?
>>
>>46368033
What are private servers?
>>
>>46367542
There is an Initiate Whitemane listed as a Death Knight follower in some datamining, so it's not just a claim.
>>
>>46368042
>>46368048
It'll eventually have to come to this, but private servers are not a lasting and secure answer to the problem

I doubt ten years from now we'll get many working private servers
>>
File: Gan'arg-large.jpg (130KB, 648x615px) Image search: [Google]
Gan'arg-large.jpg
130KB, 648x615px
>>46366311
Saw a thread for this on /v/, but figured it'd be retarded trying to talk lore over there.

Anyway, to me this doesn't seem that far fetched. Even ignoring the possibility that this thing is to Nathrezim what Draenei are to Eredar.

From what i remember off the top of my head, when Illidan formed the Illidari, he cured the demons under his banner from their reliance on fel and magic addiction. After BC and the Illidari were disbanded, it wouldn't have undone those changes.

A few leaderless demons decide they're going to continue the fight against the Legion, shack up with some paladins who are stupid enough to not kill them on sight, introduce them to the light, and you have genuine reformed dread lords. I was actually hoping they would do something like this with the Mo'Arg and Gan'Arg at some point, considering they were another race introduced that was weirdly fleshed out and a few of them (well, one of them) was actually working against the Legion.

God i hope they do something cool with this instead of something COLOSSALLY stupid.
>>
>>46367494
>>46367509
>Not becoming an unkillable juggernaut by draining the life out of everything that tries fucking with you.
>Not protecting your allies by dragging anyone stupid enough to attack them into a whirlwind of blood and bones.
Or to put it another way: Blood made more sense for tanking because self-healing provided active mitigation by just nope-ing damage away.
>>
File: rage.jpg (75KB, 480x533px) Image search: [Google]
rage.jpg
75KB, 480x533px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=66oeKZqTys8

Here's the fate of Turaylon and Alleria :^)
>>
>>46368726
>From what i remember off the top of my head, when Illidan formed the Illidari, he cured the demons under his banner from their reliance on fel and magic addiction.
More like gave them a healthier alternative, with the well of souls or whatever it's called. So the demons weren't hamstrung into chowing on fel magic, which removed their Burning Legion leash, so to speak.

Also the same source of arcane energy Illidan was going to share with the blood elves, before the clusterfuck with Kael'thas.

Not sure if it still works, now that we've killed the boss down there.
>>
>>46368898
I started the video expecting nothing, and yet I am still disappointed.
>>
>>46368726
>something cool with this instead of something COLOSSALLY stupid.
What's the difference?
I mean it can be matter of perspective. In fact it's almost a given that whatever happens will be considered cool by some, stupid by others.

Ultimately it seems to be more case of which bandwagon prevails during initial assesment than any sort of inherent quality.
>>
>>46368898
I see you post on /v/ anon
>>
File: 1459182275877.jpg (159KB, 800x567px) Image search: [Google]
1459182275877.jpg
159KB, 800x567px
>>46369006
Can't help it

wanted to spread the love and by love I mean how much I hate it
>>
>>46368984
by colossally stupid i mean completely ignoring any cool lore surrounding it they could give it, and just make it a raid boss that uses light for literally no reason besides abilities it uses, and no one ever mentions it.
>>
>>46369039
Ah okay. Yeah, I suppose that would have been objectively shit.
>>
>>46368898
One of the longest-lasting brick jokes in the Warcraft mythos, the two most famous AWOL heroes of the Alliance, and that's their potential sendoff?

I'd be pissed off, too.
>>
What's the big deal with Alleria and Turalyon, anyway?
>>
>>46369121
they've been missing for a long time

otherwise not much, they are meme-tier by now
>>
File: Allianceexpedition.jpg (130KB, 800x392px) Image search: [Google]
Allianceexpedition.jpg
130KB, 800x392px
>>46369121
Well, there were with Khadgar, Danath and Kurdran the main heroes of the Alliance Expedition that entered the Dark Portal in WC2: Beyond the Dark Portal to stop the Horde there. We met them all in TBC but Alleria and Turalyon were missing.
5 expansions later they finally appear.... kinda.
>>
>>46360225
It makes me sad when I see how good Draenor could have been..
>>
>>46357955
>I ask because I was wondering how long will Bolvar hold out?
He has already given up and gone full "SCOURGE STRONG. LIGHT WEAK. LIVING WEAK. SCOURGE POLICE WORLD, EVERYONE WEAK. KILL THE LEGION", even if he's weaker than arthas/nerzhul.
>>
>>46369194
Their son made appearance in TBC, it's the (half)elf in the video. He had a scene where he walked from the inn to the keep in the TBC entry zone and talk to the fort commander.
>>
>>46369286
this is why I hope the next Warcraft chronicles book will tell us how things could have been, detailling Farhalon and shit
>>
File: 1459414094432[1].png (989KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1459414094432[1].png
989KB, 1280x720px
>>46369311
>SCOURGE POLICE WORLD
YES
>>
>>46369311
>In before the Legion are exerting influence over Bolvar's mind.
>In before Wrath 2: Frozen Boogaloo.
>>
File: New lich king mind.png (244KB, 313x398px) Image search: [Google]
New lich king mind.png
244KB, 313x398px
>>46369396
>Legion tries to fuck with bolvar's mind
>Ner'zhul, Arthas and Bolvar break their legs
>>
>>46367509
Yeah but Frost and Ice shatters. Blood made more sense.
>>
>>46368898
Why the fuck did they give Alleria a Night Elf model?
>>
>>46368898
At the start, it says that he's alive but his army suffered a great defeat. Odds are that he and Alleria are getting gulag'd on some Legion prison world or they're the last-ditch holdout on some backwater and one of them is probably captured.
>>
>>46369438
Placeholder, probably.

Either that or the people told "Put an elf there" were like, "Uhh.... okay. This is an elf." and don't know the lore because it's not their job.
>>
File: 1458145779025.jpg (178KB, 1214x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1458145779025.jpg
178KB, 1214x1200px
>>46369466
>Defaulting to night elf.
They're doing the job well, then. Even if they're wrong.
>>
>>46369858
> she sees your dick
>>
>>46368898
>Watched that whole thing.
>That is all we get, for all of those years of questions and waiting.
>Just like Purified Ashbringer.

That is really sad. Yknow i remember when Blizzard was capable of making plot-lines that were literally amazing not just not terrible but actually amazing. This right here, well i guess everything that was good about the company moved on long ago.
>>
>>46369858
Wow, I am pathetic

I want to stroke her hair
>>
>>46369938
The company was seduced by the dark side of capitalism; they ceased to be Blizzard Entertainment and became Blizzard-Activision. When that happened, the good company who made those story-lines was destroyed.
>>
>>46360775

Funny that you reference the mak'gora in Bloodsworn. A female orc shaman and a male blood elf paladin fight that mak'gora. The female shaman wins by using her shaman magic. Plenty of orcs in attendance watching that mak'gora and none of them said anything about her cheating.
>>
File: abolutely inhuman.png (207KB, 600x453px) Image search: [Google]
abolutely inhuman.png
207KB, 600x453px
>>46366460
The Violet Hold and Caverns of Time 2 were the worst instances ever.
>Why?
Because I hate wave instances.
Dragons Soul and Caverns of Time 3 were the worst raids ever.
>Why?
CoT3 Because of the waves and Dragon Soul because it's whole disappointness. I expected a lot more after the firelands. (Even if it was quite short)
>>
>>46370039
Don't bother, Garroshfags are the least informed people on orc lore
>>
>>46367675
Other way round. Elves are mutated Trolls.
>>
>>46367983
>Mid-30s
>Not old for medieval standards
>Not old for a society that is known to practically live in the dirt and go for bloody battles every other season.
>>
>>46367447
I remember at launch there was no single tank spec. Sure Frost was mostly it but I was able to Unholy tank for the longest time before the roles were more firmly cemented. That shit was fun and I lament the loss of my unholy tank every day.
>>
>>46370439
Genghis Khan lived to 65 years old, and the warcraft world has much better medical practice than our world did during medieval times
>>
>>46367555
So how does the artifacts work? Will you get one per character and you got to pick what spec you want it in? Do you have the option of having some NPC in your guild hall 'hold on' to the other artifacts and then let you trade in your DPS artifact for your tank one at some point?

Or will they go full retard and hand out the artifacts with every spec.
>>
>>46370368
Ooh shit yeah you're right, elves are civilised trolls.
>>
>>46370538
>Ooh shit yeah you're right, elves are civilised trolls.
that's hot
>>
>>46368898
the music is nice
>>
>>46370566
Well you take trolls and put them near a fuck huge well of magic and boom you end up with a sexy beast like >>46369858
>>
>>46370615
but trolls are already sexy beasts

and transformation is my fetish
>>
>>46370634
It took a long tile so it's more magic evolution/mutation rather than instant transformation.
>>
>>46370659
don't ruin my dreams anon

I want to imagine freshly-transformed night elves fucking like the trolls they were moments ago
>>
>>46369409
Anon please I'm cracking up far too hard.
>>
>>46366362
Oh god, Metzen's corruption fetish has grown so bad it's looped around itself.

Before you know it we'll end up with the entire Legion being un-corrupted (double-corrupted?) while all the mortal races get corrupted at the same time.
>>
>>46370538
Trolls are civilized. Or at least they had civilizations before getting dog piled by everyone.
>>
>>46370937
There must always be a Legion!
>>
>>46370937
So basically the whole Horde but Tauren wouldn't be very changed?
>>
>>46371000
When did the Legion corrupt the goblins and Darkspear trolls?
>>
>>46371015
Goblins are already batshit insane and trolls...are trolls.
>>
>>46371015
That is a good question, why haven't we had demon-corrupted trolls yet? I mean you'd think that'd be top priority with blizzard's corruption and troll fetishes.
>>
>>46371085
Just wait till we get to Zandalari patch in Legion.
>>
>>46371162
>inb4 Hakkar was Detheroc in disguise all along
>>
>>46370712
If Blizzard had kept to their established Warcraft 3 depiction of them, that fantasy would have been canon.

Night Elves were vicious Pictish amazons that made Grom's dick and pierced nipples erect with how much they kicked green ass. They were ferocious, potentially violent, brutal in combat, superstitious and oh my god I remember why NElves were my favourite initially when I first played Warcraft 3.

I remember seeing the Demonhunter's death animation and not even thinking about Sepukku, this guy is just going "I'M NOT GOING TO LET YOU HAVE MY DEATH, I'M GOING TO HAVE MY DEATH!". I remember their design actually making the balancing act of a noble savage, where they appeared to be at home just as much in the thick of a bloody melee as well as a social gathering where they practised philosophy.

This is something that will never happen with Orcs or Trolls, at least not with their current design and lore: They will always be "monster races" and they'll always be out of place in social interactions or intellectual conversation that isn't some form of poorly understood stereotropical tribal gathering and nonsensical metaphors.
>>
>>46371613
and now in wow they are pussies
>>
File: Night-Elves.jpg (7MB, 5850x3450px) Image search: [Google]
Night-Elves.jpg
7MB, 5850x3450px
>>46371613
If orcs were noble savages then night elves were savage nobles.
>>
File: WoW - Night Elf Ranger.jpg (243KB, 1200x931px) Image search: [Google]
WoW - Night Elf Ranger.jpg
243KB, 1200x931px
>>46370615
>>46370659

Ok Anons what would you think the change will be if you put any of the other races near the huge well of magic instead of Trolls/Night Elves?

Here is what I think:

Humans - Sexy Angels with wings and shit

Dwarfs - Cute loli/shota

Gnomes - Disney Fairies like Tinkerbell

Draenei - The males look less bulky and shit. Basically they look a lot closer to their females instead of looking like a totally different species.

Worgans - doesn't count they are just cursed humans, so Fallen Angels with transformation ability I guess

Pandarens - Ummm, you know what fuck it they will turn into a species similar to Sun Wukong

Orcs - Oni, the warrior kind and not the ugly brute kind.

Tauren - Sexy Kitsunes that can shapeshift between human and fox forms.

Forsaken - Vampires, I mean shit we already have werewolves so might as well

Goblins - Pixies
>>
Outta the way, best race coming through.
>>
>>46371746
>cows become foxes

what
>>
>>46371746
>sexy angels
>loli/shota
>Fucking fairies and pixies
>Draenei dudes looking like the women
>Kitsunes
Fuck off.

>a species similar to Sun Wukong
Monkeys. Which is what the Hozen already are.

>Vampires
San'layn and Blood DKs already exist.
>>
>>46371746
I'm quite sure that Pandaren are already the mutated version of Furbolgs
>>
>>46371840
>>46371856
Look Anons, the Well tend to make the race more beautiful so why the fuck not. It just my 2cents. I would appreciate if you gave your idea on how they will change.

>>46371869
Even if they are they didn't mutate because of the Well.
>>
>>46371892
It doesn't make them more beautiful, just more "titanic"
>>
>>46371892
>it hardy-hardy my 3 incher! So it gud :D
>>
>>46371694
It's that they've become utterly characterless outside of the popcultural "Elf but in a different colour", while simultaneously becoming victim of the designteam's rampant reference-craze. They became the dumpingground for all kinds of weebshit and celtshit without anybody ever attempting to make all these shits come out of the same asshole and now we're stuck with a concept that is without inherent character and bloated in design at the same time.

Being a pussy is just part of being the aforementioned "Elf"

>>46371743
>Savage nobles
This pleases me on a sexual level, I feel my prostate vibrate.

>>46371746
In mythology, there's much more parallels between ogres and oni. In fact, I'd say Oni have had quite an impact on Ogres in fantasy and warcraft in general - They used to be "just" large cannibal humans in the west, but now they're this monstrous creatures with twisted facial features and most importantly horns, which are mostly Oni features.
On the other hand, it is assumed that Orcs and Ogres have a similar origin, so Orcs could still become Oni-like.

Which brings me to some personal headcanon: Orcs and Ogres are two related species, like Homo Sapiens and Neanderthals, or even different steps in an evolutionary progression. This would explain why Orcs and Ogres had mixbreeds as such a major cultural phenomenon and why it was apparently acceptable for an Ogre to be chieftain of an orc-clan in Warcraft 2.
>>
>>46372063
>Orcs and Ogres are two related species, like Homo Sapiens and Neanderthals
Honestly, I just think that Blizzard will eventually reveal that Draenor was built by the titans too and that's why ogres, humans and orcs can breed
>>
>>46372101
They basically have revealed that Ogres, Magnaron, and Botani are all Titan-born.

Orcs and Saberon seem to be the Trolls of Draenor, and Arakkoa seem a bit up in the air. (Dohohoho)
>>
>>46372101
They did, with the whole managron/genesaur relics and whatnot. Although it seems to have been a more botched job, probably something like
>oh wait there's no titan soul here
>FUCK IT
>>
>>46372127
>>46372134
Shit, I forgot about this WoD plot point
>>
>>46360225
It hurts anon. It hurts.

I'm playing right now. On my paladin going around Karabor. Why is it so dead? Just generic NPC walking around. Citizen, priests and defenders. Outside of like 2 people not even any idle dialogue. This should be the busiest place on the alliance side of things. There should be something here! Even a faction shop! Something!

I was so dissapointed I remember raiding BT and thinking "Wow this place is cool. I would love to see it restored" Same thought I had for gnomer. To see the place full of life. It was huge!

And then we get it. We have a brief quest there to repel the invading orcs and then... nothing. You deliver Velens little hologram stone and then never touch that place again. Why? Why? Please blizz, tell me why. Why squander such an amazing place?
>>
>>46372378
Because half way through the developement of WoD they thought: "Fuck, we're losing too many subs, better rush this one so we can invest more rescources in Legion"

But the chances for Legion having more potential than this are very, very slim...
>>
>>46372378
>>46372434
According to some posters in these threads, it's because they added people from the then-squatted "Titan" project to the WoD-development crew. For whatever reason these people decided to squash content, maybe there were miscommunications.
>>
>>46372434
>>46372490

There are 2 flight paths there and a faction teleporter that drops you right there. It's like they know how shit the place is and delight in rubbing it in your face.
>>
>>46372101
>>46372127
>>46372134
>>46372151
Speaking of Magnaron, I loved the monk Tier 17, but oh my god their tier 18 was so bad.

>>46372490
Also someone decided players would have "Orc Fatigue" and totally destroyed Orgrim's story in Gorgrond.
>>
>>46372560
>Also someone decided players would have "Orc Fatigue"
Well, they're right but they should have learned that before WoD in general.
>>
>>46372560
Look I don't like all the orc dick sucking past few years either but come on.

You stop sucking orc dick, in the expansion about orc dick sucking? Come on. Really makes me wonder what the hell Blizz had going on during Dev.

Orc. Dick. Sucking.
>>
>>46372560
>>46372608
>>46372610
A cohesive plot that explained why Orgrim hated us and slowly realized Blackhand was the Badguy got trashed for the Tree vs Rock plot.

Either because of "Orc Fatigue" or because they also cut the Maraad Yrel plot because someone said having Yrel be the AU version of Maraad's dead waifu was creepy.
>>
>>46372610
From Cataclysm to pre-release WoD, Blizzard paid pretty much no attention to what fans were saying. Then they suddenly did, and oh shit! Fans are sick to fucking death of orcs because we've been shoving orcs down their throats for two expansions now and have made our next expansion entirely about orcs! Better fix that!

And WoD would have sucked even if they didn't, so who cares?
>>
>>46372674
> mfw I liked killing orcs, even on my Horde characters
I've been doing that since Warcraft 2 man, orc fatigue is bullshit
>>
Will the Warcraft movie be about immigrants?
>>
File: d9lnf4v.jpg (679KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
d9lnf4v.jpg
679KB, 1600x900px
>>46366966

Liadrin's Hearthstone art has golden eyes. In-game model is still with regular blood elf eyes though.
>>
WoD/Warcraft in a nutshell:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2av9SQsMIi8
>>
>>46372719
Yes. But these brownskins also have greenskins with them.

Also you're an asshat and I'd like you to get the fuck out.
>>
>>46366966
>I wouldn't be surprised if Blood Elves started changing too.
Wasn't that literally what their "captured" Naaru wanted to do?
Although I guess there is difference between corrupting someone as in infecting them with mind altering substance and "corrupting" them by going "well maybe if I'll give them substitute for their narcotic and help them heal people, they'll turn less evil eventually"

I guess it boils down to whether you consider good to be mind controlling like other fantasy corruptions, or just refusal to succumb to evil.
>>
>>46372875

I'm just saying because that's the vibe I got from the trailer.
Muh people, your people, we can live peacefully, this world is big enough...
>>
>>46372891
If they cop out and end the faction war in the movie but too pussy to do it in the actual game I am going to laugh, then cry, then manically laugh in despair.
>>
>>46372891
>Hollywood uses cheese and ham in a production
>More news at eleven

Leave
>>
>>46372906
Well, for the most part of WoW there was sort-of truce between the factions rather than open warfare, albeit with skirmishes.
>>
>>46372906
>>46372952
>>46372891
Metzen has more pull on the movie team, but WoW is in Kosak's fucking deathgrip.
>>
This thread has made me play in a Warcraft game, but nobody in my group knows anything about warcraft.

I even have characters from when I did WoW rp.
>>
>>46367979
sauce?

>>46368898
>this is what we get of two of the greatest heroes of the Alliance
>the ones who have been hyped up for years

JUST
>>
>>46370439
>falling for the 30 years old meme

The average lifespan was brought down by high infant and child mortality rates. If you lived past childhood, you were more or less going to make it into your 60s.
>>
If the night elves are based on the Japanese, who are the offshoot high elves and blood elves based on?
>>
>>46372891
Orgrim was always like "dudes let's just be friends, I'll stay on MY side of the river and you stay on YOUR side of the river.Friends!", however stormwind got raided by other orcs and he was like "Woops, this will mean war, might as well get ready and KILL"
>>
File: Fel Elf.jpg (216KB, 1600x524px) Image search: [Google]
Fel Elf.jpg
216KB, 1600x524px
You know how Elves and Trolls mutate wildly when exposed to literally any magical energy?

It's time for Fel Elves
>>
>>46373529
Uhh, they're called "felves," thank you very much.
>>
>>46373454
>High/Blood elves
Generic European fantasy elves.

>Japanese night elves
I only really see it in their architecture and moonspeak. Their forests look pretty generically Western, their ancient ruins have Greco-Roman influences, and druids are a pretty European concept.
>>
>>46373529
...Already had those in BC you tard.

Though as far as Nightelves go we've only seen Satyr which are a very specific ritual rather than a raw felpower exposure.
>>
>>46373276
Sauce: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/game/lore/leader-story/velen/

Pages seven to eight have the best parts.

>It was hard to believe these ragged creatures—many of them missing teeth, all missing courtesy and the intellect expected of a sentient—were of the same race as those humans he'd marched beside.

>"We wants to see the Prophet," one of them gurgled from a malformed face in barely recognizable Common. "He'll sets it all aright."
>>
File: Liadrin Hearthstone.jpg (227KB, 617x939px) Image search: [Google]
Liadrin Hearthstone.jpg
227KB, 617x939px
>>46371746
>Tauren - Sexy Kitsunes that can shapeshift between human and fox forms.
Actually, Tauren are already Yaungol who were transformed by the Well.
>>46372799
That would be this one.
>>46372879
Something like that. I always thought that the Blood Elves were being groomed to join the Army of the Light. Now we're seeing hints that there could eventually be some real physiological changes over the course of time.
>>
File: nightelfvsundead_1024x.jpg (440KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
nightelfvsundead_1024x.jpg
440KB, 1024x768px
>>46371743
They were THE badass, savage, druidic, moon-worshiping, shadowmelting, shape-shifting, horned (males), barbarian hippie elves and they were awesome in WCIII. Comes WoW and they lost their charm with every expansion.

>>46371746
Nah. More like:
>Humans
Become closer to their Vrykul ancestors. They become bulkier and taller, but also with glowing eyes.

>Dwarfs
Their skin becomes rougher and some parts turn stone-like. They also have Tron-esque stuff in place where their veins should be on said stony parts.

>Gnomes
They all get larger heads. They also start to float.

>Draenei
The males get massive ram-like horns and even longer tendrils.

Females become sexier.

>Worgen
Become more feral-looking and larger, but gain greater control over their feral instincts.

>Orcs
They grow larger and even start to grow horns from their skulls. Also they start getting some spiritual connections.

>Tauren
Now they grow Vyrkul sized.

>Forsaken/Undead
They'd probably look more lively.

>Goblins
Would turn into larger and more cunning Hobgoblins.

>Pandarens
Dunno. Dunno.
>>
File: 1431043536569.jpg (216KB, 1181x719px) Image search: [Google]
1431043536569.jpg
216KB, 1181x719px
>>46374197
>Females become sexier
How would that even be possible?
>>
>>46374197
Wow nice. I guess you took a more biological standpoint on the change. I was more concentrating on making them prettier and cooler than they already are.
>>
>>46373941
No, Tauren are simply a natural evolution of Yaungol, as are Taunka.

Read your #Chronicles right
>>
>>46374370
Darn. This part I did not think about more thoroughly.

Arcane Pheromones? Innate Aura of Attraction? Simply have them be even more naturally beautiful and well proportionate?

Cannot decide.

>>46374440
If you focus on their biology, then this also can come out as cool when done right.
>>
>>46374498
>Over the passing of generations, the energies emanating from the Well of Eternity and keeperwrought machineries around Kalimdor changed the yaungol in unique ways. Those near the vale would keep the name “yaungol,” though they grew more warlike than their distant cousins. Those in central Kalimdor, close to the Well of Eternity, would take the name “tauren.”

I read it just fine. Did you?
>>
>>46373941
>tfw helping her protect Auchindoun from the Shadow Council
>>
File: Night Elf Warrior (7).jpg (175KB, 850x754px) Image search: [Google]
Night Elf Warrior (7).jpg
175KB, 850x754px
>>46374370
The hotness that comes with assertive females?
>>
>>46374542
You win this time, Anon.
>>
>>46374197
Strange that you suggest they all get larger, when night elves are smaller than trolls
>>
File: Liadrin HS 2.jpg (881KB, 816x1181px) Image search: [Google]
Liadrin HS 2.jpg
881KB, 816x1181px
>>46374543
I think she has a chance to be pretty cool if she can hold onto a bit of that earlier Blood Knight edge without the Light softening her up too much.
>>
>>46374641
Darn.

Maybe I overdid it with most of them, but I'd see the humans grow larger, yet still not as big as their Vyrkul ancestors.
>>
>>46373529
>>46373565

That's what satyrs are. Elves who get exposed to too much fel energy become satyrs.
>>
>>46374724
No, Satyr are a very specific ritual transformation.

Elves on other sources of Fel Energy may transform differently.
>>
>raise Whitemane
>she starts crushing on Darion because of that sweet sweet Mograine cock
>>
>>46374197
So would there be an expansion based around this idea of dealing with the enhanced races? Maybe something to do with the emerald dream and needing to fight the dark versions of ourselves as the night mare would be affecting the Titan baby whose dream we are wandering about. After all the dream is pretty much what the world looks l ok e naturally right
>>
>>46375010
That would be a nice thing.
>>
>>46368898
>Fate
No anon, it's the beginning of cosmic warcraft shenanigans.
>>
>>46368898
So, they've apparently been leading the Army of Light and fending off the Legion?
>>
>>46375202
And they lost offscreen because PLAYERS ARE THE HEROES OKAY!?!
>>
>>46367382
>I just hate them due to how bullshit easy the class is
That's not how you say hunter/pally tank.

But really though. As far as tanks go they're the most difficult due to having 3 resources to manage and timing actually being important for their abilities ( & Death Strike was ruined, it takes the agency and versatility of it out of your hands and makes it plain fucking stupid in WoD).
>>
>>46375388
>But really though. As far as tanks go they're the most difficult due to having 3 resources to manage and timing actually being important for their abilities ( & Death Strike was ruined, it takes the agency and versatility of it out of your hands and makes it plain fucking stupid in WoD).
WoD took away all sorts of tank damage capacity.

Because Tanks were routinely topping the meters in MoP and hurting the DPS apes' precious fee-fees.
>>
>>46374658
What was the early lore of the blood Knights to begin with I thought it was. Of the philosophy of "for every inch they take make them bleed for it" or something
>>
>>46367367
>tfw you where that one guy
>wipe the raid 4 times
>fifth time wipe
>It was the other DK
>RL goes fucking NUCLEAR
SUFFER WELL :^)
>>
http://beta.wowdb.com/items/138918-genn-greymanes-coin

I am literally shaking in outrage.
>>
>>46366460
Gnomergan was the worst instance ever. The mobs were shit, the Dark Iron spies were shit, the Goblin boss was shit. The A-Team references were shit.
>>
>>46376384
What's to be outraged about?

Genn rightfully hates the Forsaken, but understands fighting them NOW would lead to worse devastation for Gilneas.
>>
File: Death knight 101.jpg (46KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
Death knight 101.jpg
46KB, 640x640px
>>46367367
Death knights are just above Huntards in terms of respect in the community.

I blame the level 55 start.;
>>
>>46376597
>"A single shared goal does not erase the atrocities committed by the Forsaken."
That looks like it implies the opposite of what you're saying. A single shared goal doesn't mean they aren't still the enemy.
>>
>>46376640
People suck your dick if you can play DK well though.
MoP was glorious.
DK was a perfect arena class.
>>
New thread:

>>46377063
>>46377063
>>46377063
>>
>>46377083
why?
>>
>>46376658
>the Forsaken aren't all the enemy
nice try
>>
>>46377105
What are you trying to say there?
>>
>>46377152
One good NPC Forsaken exists, and he is a member of the Argent Crusade. The rest are murderous trash.
>>
>>46377316
pretty much
The Azuna zone had the forsaken players being put out of their misery by the alliance
based
>>
>>46377101

Maybe he forgot or didn't know that autosage is at higher post count now.

>>46377152

Maybe he was saying that Forsaken are still enemy but not the only one.
>>
>>46377353
actually he is implying the opposite.
the forsaken cannot be forgiven because the next great threat popped up around the corner.
>>
>>46377383
You don't need to forgive your enemy, or hate him any less, to enter into a truce or even alliance of convenience with him.

And yeah, forsaken seem to be for the most part complete psychos. But still, personally I wish there was way to restore them to people.
>>
>>46376384
Sometimes...I wish someone would come along and just give me a big, long hug
>>
>>46377438
>And yeah, forsaken seem to be for the most part complete psychos.
I'd put that estimate closer to half of them, at most. It's a larger chunk of their population than most races, but most of the NPCs they have are just a bit weird.
>>
>>46372891

And yet, Durotan will get killed by Gul'dan and the Frostwolf camp will get raided by green orcs at Blackhand's command.

The main "we can live together" guy in the Horde will get killed by his own faction and there will be total war, with the orcs eventually conquering Stormwind.

>b-but its totally gonna be about refugees!

Fuck off.
>>
Did the game itself do anything right after Cataclysm happened other than the Battle for Gilneas quest line?
>>
>>46376384
>I am literally shaking in outrage.
>shaking in outrage over a video game

seriously?
>>
>>46380797

Yes, flying in Azeroth.
>>
>>46377353
Also we're only on page five, no need to spam or else we'll get the mods on our necks. We're already in a disputably non-/tg/ territory.
>>
>>46380848
I think it's a matter of whether or not a character is betraying their principles. Which is more important to Greymane: acknowledging the Burning Legion as a universal threat to Azeroth, or visiting vengeance upon the Forsaken for their acts against Gilneas?
>>
>>46381674
I'm sure the final patch will have the two fighting each other .
>>
>>46381674
It's smarter to take care of the Forsaken first to be honest. Can't fight the bear while the tarantula is trying to crawl up your ass.
>>
>>46382436
REALLY getting tired of people claiming Forsaken are the problem.

Forsaken are cursed. Their curse is shown to be unable to affect others who are cursed, and those curses are unable to affect them. The only way to drive a Forsaken insane is for them to cling to individuality, which is a driving force of all the living races -- and what ultimately leads to their corruption.

When it comes to fighting the Legion, LITERALLY the most-corrupting force in the WoW universe other than the Old Ones, WHY would you rely on the easily corrupted rather than the impossible to destroy? Forsaken are mindless other than their devotion to Sylvannas, so as long as she stays alive, the Forsaken are LITERALLY the most powerful force on the entire planet because they have ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO LOSE.

Fear? None.
Exhaustion? Never.
Desperation? Sadness? Mourning?

Who will you trust against the impossible, the Light that wouldn't even save the Scarlet Crusaders who were being misled by a false prophet despite their good intentions, or the Dark Lady that promises everyone eternal life?
>>
>>46382643
>REALLY getting tired of people claiming Forsaken are the problem.

They are. No one has any reason to trust them. String 'em up and then face the Legion without fear of getting raped in the ass by zombie dick.
>>
File: sylvannas.jpg (29KB, 580x290px) Image search: [Google]
sylvannas.jpg
29KB, 580x290px
>>46382754
>people thinking the Forsaken are going to kill everyone to make more Forsaken
>when Forsaken are immortal and can just wait for you to die anyways
I'm honestly surprised she hasn't made Grim Reapers that plague everyone dying on the battlefield. Like an elite branch of the Deathstalkers or something.
>>
>>46382940
The forsaken plague doesn't convert, they need the Val'kyr for that and she's almost out of them.
Thread posts: 315
Thread images: 44

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.