[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hi, I'm a starving Guardsman

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5

File: Ork+Head+Sergeant[1].jpg (9KB, 312x353px) Image search: [Google]
Ork+Head+Sergeant[1].jpg
9KB, 312x353px
Question: Can normal people eat (possibly slightly burnt) dead Orks?
As in, on one side, we have a bunch of starving Guardsmen with their Commissar dead cut off from everyone else with no rations or anything but a bunch of Orks that they offed, and they're getting hungry.
So they eat the dead Orks, ignoring how they taste.
Are they going to up and die because of stuff in the Ork meat itself?
This is kind of a thing, because the Dwarf Fortress in me designed an Ork farm and I want to be sure it would actually be worth building apart from a setup for Beast House's Ork smuggling operations.
>>
>>46342039
Not certain but I'm pretty sure that so long as it's cooked thoroughly orka are perfectly edible just taste terrible.
>>
>>46342039
Well...they're technically mushrooms.
>>
>>46342039
as long as the fir kills off the spores.
>>
>>46342039
The spores burst out of their chests like face huggers I assume.
>>
>starving
>dead comissar

The emperor provides. Take solace in the fact that the comissar is inspiring his men from beyond the grave
>>
As long as it's thoroughly cooked you ought to be fine.

Probably better off eating squigs or snotlings if you can though.
>>
>>46342868
Wasn't there a story somewhere that mentioned that squigs are actually really delicious?
>>
Fire kills the spores, enjoy your meal guardsmen. Be sure to bury an arm so you can farm squigs for more rations.
>>
File: based squigs.jpg (1MB, 2524x1634px) Image search: [Google]
based squigs.jpg
1MB, 2524x1634px
>>46342899
All depends on the squig
>>
>>46342039
I'd imagine orks taste like moldy spinach
>>
I think I read somewhere that the body heat that a stomach generates could be enough for the spores to hatch and that grotz would pretty much grow inside of guardsmen and appear a la chestbuster.
>>
File: 1379296730837.png (703KB, 1024x1219px) Image search: [Google]
1379296730837.png
703KB, 1024x1219px
Simply take your favourite mushroom dish and substitute in ork.
>>
File: Delicious.png (88KB, 218x348px) Image search: [Google]
Delicious.png
88KB, 218x348px
>>
File: e75.jpg (33KB, 413x569px) Image search: [Google]
e75.jpg
33KB, 413x569px
>>46342039
>>
>>46342039
https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Cendra#Armed_Forces
>>
>>46346037
Each soldier - in addition to the standard Guardsman's primer - is issued a list of lifeforms that can be safely consumed after being thoroughly cooked. It is far longer than what would usually be recommended, but the average Guardsman would not touch the state of meat the Cendrans would consider to be edible.
>>
>>46342039
>Beast House

The Beast House probably wouldn't be smuggling Orks. More likely, they're smuggling stuff like attack animals from death worlds and shit. I'm sure they'd branch out and do some other stuff, but their big thing is always attack animals.

As for the Ork meat? Should be fine, just cook it thoroughly first.
>>
>>46343628
>ork kultur
as a history student
10/10
>>
No! Orks are poisonous!
>>
>>46342039
I wondered this myself when I got into 40k (orks were part of the appeal, though I don't plan on playing them unless they get a major change in "meta" come the next codex, to make masses of boyz more useful.

I'm surprised there's been no definitive answer yet. Humans can't eat orks because orks are literally bio-weapons grown from self-propagating fungus, so basically a human who eats ork meat becomes an incubator and food source for lifeforms of the ork ecosystem.
I'm not aware of the exact details being known, but I think it's been described as being extremely painful because the fungus eats you from the inside out to produce squigs and orklings, so imagine halfwhere between being liquefied by Death Guard chem weapons and the chest-bursters from Alien.
>>
>>46346996
Well at the same time we know that the spores cannot survive open flames...So if the meat is cut to thin slices and then charred...Beats starving to death.
>>
>>46347042
Perhaps, but it's probably got very poor nutritional value, and might well have poisonous chemicals or compounds in it that can't be removed by heating it - Orks do have green blood, after all.
>>
>>46346996
It doesn't make any sense that those spores are somehow able to take root and propagate in the extremely hostile environment of the human digestive system. It's evolved to kill just about everything microbiotic that gets fed through it, and ork spores can't even take root out of the shade. They would probably get destroyed in passing through a human gut, even if they do manage to somehow cause a tummyache for the human.
>>
>>46347042
No it doesnt work like that. Ork flesh is poisonous to most animals including humans. Charring it wont stop it from killing you if you eat it. Same as a poisonous mushroom, even if you cook it, itll still kill u
>>
>>46347106
That depends on the mushroom bud. Plenty of mushrooms are quite harmless, and plenty that can be made harmless by properly cooking them.
>>
>>46347099
>extremely hostile environment of the human digestive system
M8, humans have a fuckton of digestive diseases and parasites. Saying it's an extremely hostile environment is retarded, considering that we are talking about the alien biology of the meat from a literal bioweapon that survives in at least a dormant state in pretty much any environment.
Ork spores don't take root in the open because the initial squigs and snotlings that are spawned are too weak to survive, and because the "investment" of the spores rooting in open grounds faces too much of a risk for that strategy to be evolutionarily viable for the orks. It doesn't follow from that that ork spores wouldn't have any capability for reacting to being within the digestive system of another species. The ork spores don't even have to actively "do" anything to kill humans that eat them if ork biomatter contains components that are poisonous to humans, like IRL polar bear livers kill humans.
>>
>>46347139
Yes but orks are one of those harmful ones. It is mentioned in one of the ciaphus cain novels by his assistant jurgen.
>>
>>46342039
Remember: Ork circulatory system is an integral part of their digestive one, it would be cautious to leave the meat until desiccated and devoid of blood.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.