[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Warhammer 40k Space station quest

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 95
Thread images: 8

File: 000jj.jpg (98KB, 528x300px) Image search: [Google]
000jj.jpg
98KB, 528x300px
Hi /tg/ some of you may or may not remember that a few months back there where a space station quest set in the 40k universe. Well im back, and hopefully we can have some fun. So let's begin shall we:

You are the governor of the newly built space station "Dawn Station". It is currently approximately only 1½ kilometer size, but has room to grow even further. Dawn station is also the home to 100.000 emperor worshipping souls.

>50.000 of them are regular civilians. Each thousand of them will manufacture 1 supply each turn. So far you get +50 per turn

>25.000 are workers. For each thousand of them you will get +1 added to rolls regarding building stuff.

>The last 25.000 are your defensive force. They will man the cannons and repel boarders. They work much like the workers in regards to dice rolls.

Dawn station is also supplied with the following weapons:
>3 macro cannon batteries
>1 small missile bay
>50 close range flak cannons.

Dawn station is also supplied with 250 supplies and +50 more each turn.

Before we start you Anons will need to vote for what segmentum Dawn Station is located in:
>Segmentum Solar (galactic center)
>Segmentum Ultima (east)
>Segmentum Tempestus (south)
>Segmentum Obscurus (north)
>Segmentum Pacificus (west)

The sector you choose will change some of the events and interactions you will face. Have fun guys...
>>
Any info on the sectors?
>>
>>46286762
Segmentum Pacificus.

It never gets enough love
>>
>>46286803
http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Segmentum

You can read about them here
>>
>>46286762
Segmentum Solar
>>
So, what segmentum do you want to be in?
>>
>>46286892
Solar.

Close to home, and Mars.
>>
>>46286910
Is everyone a'ok with this?
>>
File: Galaxy_map_segmentumsolar.jpg (29KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
Galaxy_map_segmentumsolar.jpg
29KB, 300x300px
Dawn Station is located at the edge of subsector Tyll, a subsector that is inside Segmentum Solar, the center of the Imperium of Man.

Dawn station is in far orbit around a small dwarf star. The star is barley visible from the station though. The area of space around Dawn station is called "the Belt of Or" due to a long and vast asteroid belt stretching for lightyears.

+++DAWN STATION STATUS+++
100% Hull integrity
100.000 souls
250 supplies

---

Just as you had begun your duties as the govenor of Dawn Station, a small Imperial cruiser drops out of warp. A quick scan reveals that is it part of the "Merchant Clan". The largest trading organization in Tyll. The trademaster onboard the ship offers you a deal.
You give him:
>100 supplies to upgrade your armour and defence
>Or 100 supplies to upgrade your docking stations and cargo holds

(You have the option to decline aswell, but this is an option if you feel like specializing in an area. In this case, trade/commerce or weapons and defence)
>>
>>46287025
Upgrade the Docks and Holds.

It's time to turn a profit.
>>
>>46287048
Ok, I will pick that option soon. Give it 10 more minutes
>>
>>46287150
Hopefully traffic picks up soon.
>>
>>46287187
Ok, upgrading dockign and holds. Writing
>>
You hand over 100 supplies to the trader in order to upgrade your docks and holds.
>lost 100 supplies

>Gained Larger cargo hold and 2 docking stations, the station now has 3 in total.

Other stuff:
>Station produced 50 supplies. Current supply count in 200.
---
Ok guys roll a 1d100 for how well you build the station. It is simple:
Below 50 = bad
Above 50 = Good

I might change the win/lose ration depending on the situation. remember that 25 is added to the roll due to the amount of workers the station currently has
>>
Rolled 6 (1d100)

>>46287360
Rollin
>>
>Well fuck..
>>
>>46287417
I will wait for 10-15 min for atleast 2 more rolls. So don't sweat it Anon
>>
>>46287417
Since it seems like no one else is here at the moment I will give you up to 2 re-rolls
>>
Rolled 3 (1d100)

>>46287481
Not that anon but...
>>
>>46287510
*sigh* I will not let this station die on it's first roll. So just roll untill you get over 50 (with or without the +25)
>>
Rolled 7 (1d100)

>>46287521

FOR GLORY
>>
File: fear.png (1MB, 1340x748px) Image search: [Google]
fear.png
1MB, 1340x748px
These low rolls...
>>
>>46287559
God fucking damn it.

Even if I jettison some of the workers into space to boost moral I don't think a third roll will save it.
>>
>>46287578
Just keep on rolling m8
>>
Rolled 73 (1d100)

F-for the emperor?
>>
>>46287610
Well that did the trick.
>>
>>46287610
73 + 25 = 98

Your workers gaththers the materials and starts to build the cargo holds and docks. And thanks to a good leadership among the workers and high quality goods has lead to a suprluss of leftover materials
>25 supplies gained

+++DAWN STATION STATUS+++
100% Hull integrity
100.000 souls
325 supplies

2 new docks added and a larger cargo hold is built.

Not many days after the construction of the docks and hold the stations astropath recives a message. The message is from small fleet of Imperial ships. They have picked up the station via the warp communications and are requesting to dock in order to restock and to update thier star charts.
How do you respond?
>Invite them in
>Decline them
>Something else (write in)
>>
>>46287661
OTher. I want proof or verification somehow that they are actually an imperial fleet.
>>
>>46287661
Let the in, we didn't spend all these resources and time for nothing.

Ready guns incase it's a trap though.
>>
So, what's ig gonna be?
>>
>>46287802
Both?
>>
>>46287802
second this>>46287737
>>
dunno if you are writing already but i second this
>>46287737
>>
File: Imperial_navy_bridge.jpg (548KB, 840x600px) Image search: [Google]
Imperial_navy_bridge.jpg
548KB, 840x600px
You tell the astropath to invite them over, but get your guns ready just in case. Beucase it wise to be sceptical in the 41th millenia.
After a few days 4 ships drops out of warp. The captain of flagship hails you

"Greetings Govenor, I am captain Hemmington Axel Gurkel Broth the 3rd of Trektis. But you can just adress me as Axel. I was wondering it was possible for my flagship to dock in order to re arm and repair it. I can pay of course"

How do you reply
>Certainly Axel, your welcomed onboard
>Fuck of you grox head!
>Why pay? We will do it for free
>How about we talk this over a dinner?
>>
>>46288030
Do we have any way of knowing if they are who they say they are?

Last thing we need is space pirates or cultists
>>
>>46288030
>How about we talk about this over dinner?

Axel and a few of his senior officers can come aboard on a shuttle.
>>
>>46288087
myeeesssss
>>
>>46288087
>>46288098

We don't want to make a profit from this?
>>
>>46288158
I don't want to gamble on it. At the moment, we don't have enough information to make a rational decision.
>>
>>46288158
thats what we are doing? we talk over dinner and get him to "invest" in regularly trading with us and growing in money and powah
>>
So your going with the dinner option, am I right?
>>
>>46288196
I don't know how 'regular' anyone from the Imperial Navy would be regarding trading, but trading for additional weapons might be a good idea.
>>
>>46288244
Yeah do it.

See if we can't convince him to invest or ally with us.

Or maybe trade some fine goodies while he's here
>>
>>46288285
You invite Captain Axel and his senior staff over for a dinner, there you talk about the Imperium at large, his fleet and other interesting stuff. But near the end of the dinner you go into the topic of supplies and munition.

You can decide to talk and convince Axel about one of the following:
>Let his ship dock here for free in exchange for his aid in defence
>Try to get him to tell his friends within the Mercant clan about the potentioal profits from this place
>>
>>46288384
>Let his ship dock here for free in exchange for his aid in defence
>>
>>46288405
Backing
>>
I will wait a few more minutes for some more votes
>>
>>46288405
second
>>
>>46286762
>some of you may or may not remember that a few months back there where a space station quest set in the 40k universe
Oh man I remember, I've been looking forward to it. It's good to have you back!
>>
Ok guys. Sorry for not telling you earlier, but I had to go and do some personal stuff. But Im here now, so were where we?
>>
>>46290300
As I see we'll let the ship dock free for a promise that later he'll aid us in the defense efforts
>>
File: damaris_by_phoenix_06-d38mxif.1.jpg (212KB, 1051x761px) Image search: [Google]
damaris_by_phoenix_06-d38mxif.1.jpg
212KB, 1051x761px
After a long disucssion you and captain Axel come to a conclusion. In order for him not pay anything for your services he agrees to send any aid he can in case station get's attacked. With that sorted out, he and his men take thier leave and return to thier ship, that departs in a few days.

About a month after you met with the captain you are notified by one of your commanders that something has appeared on the augar arrays.
What do you do?
>Order them to investigate
>Send out a couple of shuttles to it
>Do nothing
>>
Just so we know, how many potential allies are there near the Tyll Subsector?
Any noteworthy Imperial Guard regiments or Space Marine chapters?
>>
Investigate
>>
>>46290695
That you need to find out for yourselves.
>>
>>46290738
Seconded
>>
>>46290764
Right. Did most of our population come from the same planet, or are they from multiple ones? And either way, are their homeplanets relatively nearby?
>>
>>46290817
Ok, fine. gimme a few minutes to fluff out the sector a bit
>>
I am a little disappointed that we choose the most cushy sector, and not protecting the borders of the mighty Imperial Dominion, where order is more needed.
>>
>>46290859
I meant Segmentum.
>>
>>46290827
Thanks. You're doing the Emperor's work.
>>
File: Wallpaper-phalanx.jpg (66KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
Wallpaper-phalanx.jpg
66KB, 600x450px
The Tyll sector is a sector that's around 200 light years big. The sector capital is the hive world of Josk-III. Where the Merchant guild has it's HQ.

Besides Josk there are 2 other hive worlds in the sector; Arbeta Lambda and Ulg's landing. Both planets are polluted to the brim and require a large amount of food. This food comes from an entire system of agri worlds, or more like agri moons since they all orbit a gigantic gas giant. Not much is known about the foudning of the agri worlds, but it has it's roots in the Dark Age.

And besides a few minor colonized planets the last noteworthy place in the sector is the forge world Hexxian Secundus.

Many minor and a few larger regiments of imperial guard have been raised and tithed from many of the hive worlds.
And the Tyll sector hasn't seen conflict in over 300 years since all it's neighbouring sectors have repelled any invaders so far

Dawn station is located almost on the border of the Tyll sector, and is only a dozen lightyears away from the hive world Arbeta Lambda.

What do you think? Most of this was made up on the spot.
>>
>>46291040
It's good
>>
File: image.gif (528KB, 335x255px) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
528KB, 335x255px
>>46291040
Alright, that works just fine.
Good to know there's little conflict. That means more money.
>>
So you guys wanted to investigate what the augar array has spotted?
>>
>>46291040
this is a subsector right, not a sector?
>>
>>46291162
Yeah
>>
>>46291162
yeah I mean it's our turf. Approach carefully.
>>
>>46291195
Ok, then I need a roll of 1d100. And since there are no tech adepts or tech priests on the station you will not get a bonus
>+75 is needed in order to boost the augar array
>>
Rolled 18 (1d100)

>>46291225
Note to self; promise some toasters to the Ad Mech for help
>>
>>46291225
And I will pick the best out of the 3 first results
>>
Rolled 64 (1d100)

Roll for the omnissiah
>>
One more roll guys
>>
Rolled 54 (1d100)

>>46291308
>>
Rolled 43 (1d100)

Roll
>>
>>46291245
>>46291263
>>46291332
Your augar arrays fail to identify what is slowly approaching the station. What do you do?!
>Send out a pair of shuttles with squads of guards
>Shoot the thing
>try to hail it
>>
>>46291393
>try to hail it
If they are friendlies, we might not want to embarrass ourselves by admitting we have no techies.
>>
>>46291393
>try to hail it
and prepare the defenses of course.
>>
File: Ark_Mechanicus.jpg (222KB, 910x519px) Image search: [Google]
Ark_Mechanicus.jpg
222KB, 910x519px
You hail the mysterious thing on all avaialbe frequencies
"This is Dawn Station, your vessel are tresspassing on imperial space, identify yourselves!"

After a few minutes, the vox caster crackles to life. And out of the speakers you hear a mechanical cold voice

"++This is techpriest Krim, head of the 12th Hexxian explorator fleet. We were not aware of an Imperial base in this area. Explain.....explain!++"

How do you respond?
>Tell them that this is a newly founded base
>Ask them what they are doing out here
>Shoot them
>>
>>46291677
We are willing show our papers if they are

There was nothing to explore here as far as we know.
>>
>>46291677
>>
>>46291677
ell them that this is a newly founded base

Do both.
>>
tell them the base is new.
>>
"Dawn Station is a newly built station that will watch over this region of space in the Emperors name. And what is an explorator vessel doing out here"

After a little while techpriest Krim responds
"++We are here to do a reginal servey on the Belt of Ur. That is all"
>>
can we propose them to refuel them in exchange of a techpriest ?
>>
What do we know of the Belt of Ur?
>>
>>46292021
They are obviously not from this sector, so we should report their activities to the local forgeworld.

We could get some good points from them and maybe a few techpriests.
>>
>>46292129
I just noticed they claim to be from the local forgeworld.
In that case should they not know of our existence already?

Get a call to the forge either way, this smells like heresy.
>>
>>46292129
>>46292253
i second this action report this exploration fleet to the next forgeworld
>>
Is OP dead ?
>>
>>46293052
He died of an infection of tryanids.
>>
>>46292253
>>46292129
This is true.
>>
Bump for glory
>>
>>46295352
dedder than the crons.
>>
One last bump
Thread posts: 95
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.