[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Black Library seeking short story submissions for upcoming anthology

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 5

File: VRjd4on.png (265KB, 450x375px) Image search: [Google]
VRjd4on.png
265KB, 450x375px
>http://www.blacklibrary.com/Home/write-for-black-library-info.html

Any of you fags have any good ideas? The theme has to be the Imperium
>>
I'd go with Adepta Sororitas.

A Sister Famulous sent to help instruct a Knight Family, only for the heir to the family to be found dead not long after her arrival. This puts accusations flying every way and she needs to find the actual murderer before the Ecclessiarchy and the Mechanicas come to blows over what was already a delicate situation before the murder happened.
>>
>>46220607
Ultramarines save a planet from the bad guys
>>
>>46220607
Force Sandy Mitchell to get off his ass and write something that isn't "it was the tyranids all along"
>>
Anyone have that greentext where that gun gets left behind on the battlefield, and /tg/ proceeds to write a happy end for the gun?

It'd be interesting to make it into a actual short story
>>
>>46220607
It's actually a recurring thing, don't worry anon.
>They have a regular submissions window so you can submit your fanfiction work and get a job as a freelance writer. Like any business, they prefer to hire staff with an established track record, so the commissions tend to go to existing tie-in writers or ex-GW staff, but anyone can apply for the job. Fa/tg/uys have, as yet, been unsuccessful, leading to hilarious Nerdrage, as they have yet to realise that they will never get the job.
>>
>>46220980
The last guy who got in, Robbie Macniven, wrote some pretty cool stories.
>>
File: TheBoltPistol.png (973KB, 2006x1878px) Image search: [Google]
TheBoltPistol.png
973KB, 2006x1878px
>>46220925

Here's the cap, but they've already shot down anything coming from me, and I doubt anyone else feels like polishing it up enough to submit.
>>
>>46221156

shogggggyyyyy.

Also, why did they shoot you down?
>>
>>46222407

>Unfortunately, your submission has not reached required standards, and therefore we will not be taking your current application any further. We felt that the tone does not fit what we are looking for.

Basically they were looking for something serious, and also I don't pretend my writing quality is anything special. If I wasn't writing about an RPG campaign, I doubt anyone would actually bother reading any of the stuff I post.

On the bright side, this is the longest response I've ever gotten out of GW, BL, or FFG, so that's a win I guess.
>>
>>46222642

What a pity. Somemore stuff in the vein of Ciaphas would have been cool.
>>
>>46220607
Squats
>>
>>46222642
Maybe you should take a fucking hint and dial back the spam then.
>>
I would tentatively call myself a writer but I prefer to write OC faggotry.

I don't want to waste time writing ten thousand words about my regiment that I modeled and came up with backstory for if all they really wanted was something about the Cadian Eight Billion and Third.
>>
File: cadian sarge.jpg (11KB, 226x195px) Image search: [Google]
cadian sarge.jpg
11KB, 226x195px
Canoness is going through a crisis of faith in a planet being overrun with daemons when she and the remnants of her strike force come across an ancient beacon that is receiving some sort of signal.
Being desperate she presses the big red button and the machine opens a portal and pic related steps forth like an avenging angel.
>>
A marine is dropped with his brothers to take out some orks down on a planet, everybody else dies and a lone marine is determined to bring the mission to an end, even though he has no experience in covert ops because he is a goddamn space marine, and he has to muster all his space marine training to fuck over a few thousand headed ork troupe.
>>
>>46220607
For this challenge we need a champion to step forward for us.

1. Write the short story, and insert as many hidden memes, jokes and references to /tg/ material as possible while being subtle enough to get past the radar. Bonus points if you manage to criticise gee dubs in their own story.

2. ???

3. Profit.
>>
>>46224729
lets write the story one word at a time and ask hiroshimoot to send it to GW.
>>
so does anyone have anything to add?
>>
>>46224741
I'll start

DUBS
>>
>>46225898
Fail
>>
>>46225911
Chaos
>>
>>46225970
Africans
>>
>>46221037
He is a new guy and yet he was allowed to write stories about important characters like Abaddon and Kharn.

He must be a good writer.
>>
>>46226062
must be nice.
>>
>>46225898
>>46225911
>>46225970
>>46226013
Dubs fail Chaos Africans. Sounds good.
>>
I GOT AN IDEA

OLD ONES
>>
File: image.jpg (695KB, 1041x1500px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
695KB, 1041x1500px
>>46220607
Hmmm... How about pic related becomes an actuat semi-important character, shows up with the Hammers of Dorn, shows up the Ultramarines, and grudgingly allies with them during a battle as a way to show their superiority over them?
>>
>>46228107
nah. Too little space wolf
>>
I will write something and see if they like my stuff. Being a writer has always been one of my dreams.

Wish me luck /tg/!
>>
>>46228384
Tell us about your writing, namefag.
I am interested.
>>
>>46224668
For bonus points, make it a black Templar
>>
>>46229032
>he overhears orks thinking purple is sneaky
>he paints himself purple
>sneaky breeki shenanigans ensure.
>>
File: 1455993421464.png (569KB, 1434x1041px) Image search: [Google]
1455993421464.png
569KB, 1434x1041px
>>46228673

I used to run a 40k quest that lasted for more than a year and spawned about a hundred threads. The Techpriest of the Picture is the MC.

English isn't my first language so the start was full of typos and pretty cringe worthy in my opinion but my style improved as time went by.

I don't think it was really popular but all the players that I had were friendly and shitposting was kept to a minimum. Sadly I wasn't able to properly finish it due to class stuff. One of my goals was to finish the quest and adapt it to a novel format, then send it to Black Library and hope to impress them, I don't know if that goal is possible anymore as the quest doesn't has a true ending.

It is archived here:
http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive.html?tags=Novice%20Heretek%20Quest
>>
>>46229422
If you ever figure out how to send things to Black Library and actually get them read, please inform the rest of us.
>>
>>46229510
The website explains it pretty clearly. From time to time they open the submission, place a deadline and add a theme. It's all on the page that the OP posted really.

I guess that if you get their attention during these few occasions in which they ask for submissions you might get the chance of writing a full novel or anthology.
>>
>>46224080
Someone's a little anally-aggrieved
>>
>>46224406
This. Also I procrastinate far too much on my writing
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.