[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/5eg/ D&D Fifth Edition General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 360
Thread images: 38

>Official /5eg/ Mega Trove, contains all official 5e stuff:
https://mega.nz#F!UVkTnT5b!FJ34UZ98BMY2mEtexenS7g

>Pastebin with homebrew list, resources and so on:
http://pastebin.com/X1TFNxck

>/tg/ Character Sheet
https://mega.nz/#F!x0UkRDQK!l-iAUnE46Aabih71s-10DQ

Which is the best dark gift offered by the sarcophagi in the Amber Temple?
>>
>>46196936
Ask Strahd
>>
Some advice, if you please.

I am a Druid (planning on going Moon) with 13 Dex, 15 Con, and 16 Wis. At 4th level, should I increase my Wis to 18, or increase my Dex to 14 and my Con to 16? I'm leaning towards the later (since I won't be Wild Shaped 24/7, after all), but I will focus on spells while not Shaped, which makes me think it might be better to go for the Wis.
>>
>>46197009
I should also add that, at some point, I plan on dipping into Monk for Unarmored Defense, but if I do that too early, it will delay my ASIs.
>>
How would the mirror image spell work with a cloak of displacement?
I've just cast the spell:
>enemy targets me
>I roll a d20, get under a 6
>this makes them able to target me instead of a duplicate
>enemy -then- rolls to target me, they have disadvantage
is that correct?

>>46196936
I'm pretty biased because i've always wanted to have a character the becomes one, but Tenebrous I'm super hyped for.
>>
>>46197024
I believe that's correct.
>>
File: itsStillUploading.png (1MB, 1500x800px) Image search: [Google]
itsStillUploading.png
1MB, 1500x800px
I made a pack of everything that we already have scanned from Curse of Strahd:
https://mega.nz/#F!DAkAWaAB!qVoxvQa6RLeB5lCn4i6CZg

We have a bunch of chapters, just missing some from 6 to 15. The rest is there.
>>
>>46197024
But the DM would take control of your character. How would that be fun at all?
>>
https://mega.nz/#F!QBZ1WR5S

I've taken the liberty of combining all CoS chapters we have so far (thanks to Photoguy and others) into a single pdf for everyone's convenience. I'm still missing the appendixes, so if anyone still has the links to them I'll gladly add them as well. Maybe I'll also add bookmarks later, assuming we don't have a proper scan by then.
>>
>>46197073
What is the key?
>>
>>46197062
>>46197073

Just got ninja'd :/
>>
>>46197063
the hell are you talking about?
All you get is a flaw, which my character almost already has, it would just become far more pronounced.
If Strahd Turns you, you become an NPC, or if I were to attempt to use the eye of vecna there's a chance of that, but it doesn't hand over control at all.
>>
>>46197080
Oh, didn't realize I copied the wrong link.
This should work:
https://mega.nz/#F!QBZ1WR5S!uD1Dl7xICuY3FN6i5WTvUw
>>
>>46197094
The lich gift? It specifically says that the player the completes this gift becomes a lich as described by the MM under the control of the DM.
>>
File: Annoyed rattling.png (252KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
Annoyed rattling.png
252KB, 512x512px
>>46197112
Ugh. How did I miss that. I must have mixed up the bit with the bit with the monster manual.
That's actually really fucking annoying.
making a lich has been a dream of mine since forever, but having no control over it would ruin that.
>>
File: 1410579949085.jpg (241KB, 520x730px) Image search: [Google]
1410579949085.jpg
241KB, 520x730px
>>46197151
As a skelebro and the poster that you're responding to, I sympathize with your plight. The closest thing we have to player controlled lichdom is the Undying patron for the warlock.
>>
>>46197066
>Wood elves are taller and beefier with ski tans, brown hair and bright green eyes.

>High elves are either piss-skin sun elves with feminine features or creepy albino moon elves with scarry stares.

Why? How did these physical characteristics emerge?
>>
>>46197189
Yeah, it's a damn shame. I'm not a huge fan of the warlock class, but being able to have vecna as a patron A+ material at least.

I never actually looked what the exact requirements are for becoming a lich in other editions, I could probably convince my DM to just do that...
I honestly have no idea why he's running 5e, he seems to like every other edition more
>>
>>46197272
In 3.5 it was something like 11 caster levels for Necromancy school and 40,000 gp for a phylactery. At least that was the start.
>>
>>46197302
I'm afraid they reeled it in for 5e. The Munchkins ruined it for everyone. I suppose that you can still make suggestions for a character under the DM's control, but a PC controlling a full-fledged lich is unheard of in 5e.
>>
File: Fukinneato.jpg (69KB, 400x398px) Image search: [Google]
Fukinneato.jpg
69KB, 400x398px
>>46197302
Oh? shit, I could probably end up doing that by 12th level or so. Sweet.
>>
Reposting from the old thread

Just started a new group, and the entire party managed to create a warlock independant of each other. All neutral, and decidedly NOT evil, and never going in that direction.

I feel like scrapping my current idea, and putting a fuckton of focus on all of them being Feylocks. Any good ideas to get me started? Not too knowledgeable about warlocks. The first idea that came to mind was some kind of ancient battle against fiends and Old Ones, with a lot of demonic involvement in general, but I am not sure how exactly to use that idea.
>>
>>46197302
>>46197321
>>46197328
Just double checked, it was Craft Wonderous Item, 11th level Caster, 120,000gp and 4,800 XP.
>>
>>46197396
All the PCs have been drafted into a patron war game, there's a Wish or two for the victors, for some reason, the PCs have banded together, an original tactic if some other participant hasn't thought of it already.
The war game could take over the course of a week, month, year, or perhaps a decade.
There's only one wish, not one for each PC
>>
>>46197460
That's only official in 3.5e though.
>>
how reliably do you think a party of four level 5 characters could take down an iron golem if the dedicated grapple-fighter grap-pushed him, and provided the rest of the party is using magic or enchanted weaponry?
>>
>>46197518
Not very reliably at all. Not unless they pushed it off a cliff (which probably wouldn't kill it).

Thing's pretty fuckin' tough.
>>
>>46197460
>120,000 gp
>craft wonderous item
Shit. That's a bit harder. Might have to pawn some valuable shit and steal from the party, and convince him to do something with it.
4,800 XP is 100% worth giving up for lichdom, though. that's nothing compared to being a skellington.
>>
>>46197542
I dunno. If they got hit, it'd cause trouble, but that's the problem, it'd be almost completely locked up grappled and restrained. The fighter doesn't even have disadvantage from grappling since he can enlarge or enhance ability.
>>
>>46197478
>holy grail war
Why didn't I think of that

It was so obvious too

Damn, I am so gonna let them summon actual demons, not just familiars. Maybe let them start at a higher level
>>
>>46197574
The Golem has a +7 to its grapple check, you know. It can definitely hold it's own, though it's likely not as good as a dedicated grappler PC.

Not to mention, the Grappled condition doesn't say anything about not being able to take actions as normal. It just can't move. So the Golem could just attack and smash the grappler. Even while restrained, the Golem can still take attacks and other actions (though at disadvantage for attacks), which probably won't be that big of a deal since it gets 2 attacks at +13.
>>
>>46197062
>>46197073
I added the pages I was missing to the pdf.
>>
>>46197612
I admit, 'getting' him grappled and onto the ground is the tricky part, but the fighter can still gain advantage to the check, and should have +7 by level 5 anyway. After he is on the ground though, the golem has disadvantage to shove, since it's technically an attack action, and the fighter would have advantage against it in the contest. Advantage is about equal to +- 3.3 right? I think that levels that portion of the field at least a bit. I'm not sure if the golem's best option is to try and attack the fighter until he's unconscious, or waste his whole action and shove, but the odds are still against the party, no doubt. The biggest problem I think is that the iron golem has no weaknesses that can exploited, even when prone.

Would the strategy fair better against a stone giant?
>>
>>46197713
>I'm not sure if the golem's best option is to try and attack the fighter until he's unconscious
I think it is. He has a very good chance to hit, and his damage is pretty huge. Ignoring that he has over 200 hp, which I'm not sure how the party would carve through before he killed them all.

Probably wouldn't be that much better against a Stone Golem. These golems are just far and away too powerful for a party of 4 at level 5, imo.
>>
>>46197713
>>46197763
Adding on to this, if I made my players fight even a Stone Golem at level 5, the intent would clearly be for them to either delay it or escape, not actually kill the thing.
>>
>>46197302
>>46197328
>>46197499
>>46197561
Can't be bothered to search, but there's rules for becoming a lich in 2e Ravenloft somewhere in van Richten's guide to the lich.
>>
>>46197763
>>46197769
Oh i don't disagree with you. I'm merely cooking up an extremely difficult encounter they aren't meant to win, but theoretically could if they used all their resources available to them, which is how I think "Impossible difficulty" encounters should be devised.
When faced with overwhelming odds, it tends to flip-off the retard switch on my players, so I throw them an encounter like this every now and then.

An Iron Golem looks to be way out of line, but I think they'd be able to take out a Stone one if the party wizard and fighter pulled their shit together.

The encounter I'm designing is meant for them to run, because the golem is going to be a triggered event, caused by their own volatile retardation.
>>
File: CurseofStrahd.jpg (55KB, 329x475px) Image search: [Google]
CurseofStrahd.jpg
55KB, 329x475px
>>46197631
>https://mega.nz/#F!QBZ1WR5S!uD1Dl7xICuY3FN6i5WTvUw

/tg/. YOU SIRS, ARE GENTLEMEN AND SCHOLARS.
>>
>>46197631
>>46197864
Also added some bookmarks now.
>>
File: 1343186202010.jpg (160KB, 422x422px) Image search: [Google]
1343186202010.jpg
160KB, 422x422px
>>46197812
It's not really searching when it's literally the first result.
Basically pages 12-17 are how to become one.
PDF is too large, but you can get it here:
http://www.hotdogstorm.com/alex/backup/rpgshit/that's%20so%20ravenloft%20collection%20redux/
>>
>>46197022
>unarmored defense
You won't get much from it, at best +2 AC because you either have the animal's AC or 10+dex+wis, you can't add natural armor to monk armor
>>
>>46197062
Heyyy~ Some of my stuff was saved!
>>
>>46197963
I would get a lot from it actually; +2 to AC is nothing to sneeze at. Shaping into the Brown Bear would normally give me an AC of 11. With Unarmored Defense, it would at least be 13 (a further 14 if I took Beasthide), and if I Shaped into a Dire Wolf, normally I would have 14, but with Unarmored Defense, I'd have 15 (Beasthide 16).
>>
>>46197943
>>46197812
You could almost use this as-is, were it not for a few spells (notably Permanency).
Rituals that are actually keyed off the existing magic system are a cool idea, especially if they require the co-operation of more than one type of caster.
>>
Heard you guys wanted some CoS scans.
https://mega.nz/#!1sJX0ByR!WDom2xyAG6jEeQNCacBCh59JQ35CJEVzS2cl6g_ivVg
>>
>>46197992
>not using barkskin and have 16 always
>>
>>46198028
>let the bait rain
>>
>>46198049
Right, but that takes a spell slot, requires concentration, and I can't do it while Wild Shaped; I would need to do it on or before the turn I Shaped.
>>
>>46198068
>and can't do it while in wildshape
You can't cast, but you can concentrate in spells
>>
>>46198068
It lasts 1 hour, unless you're getting ambushed everytime you should be able to cast it before combat
>>
>>46198061
>implying its bait
check 'em
>>
>>46198096
I retract my statement. I can confirm>>46198028 is legit. Good work anon.
>>
>>46198079
I know, that's why I said "before I Shaped".

>>46198092
Of course, and if I expect to have nothing but combat for the next however long, I'll do it, but Concentration makes me weary, especially when I might be interested in casting other spells that require Concentration.
>>
>>46198028
>this will fly over everyone's heads.
>>
>>46198028
This seems extremely legit. I'm worried.
>>
File: Legion.pdf (1B, 486x500px)
Legion.pdf
1B, 486x500px
Tell me /5eg/, is this complete shit? If it is, how would you improve it?
>>
How does weapon alignment work in 5e?

Specifically with CoS, can only good aligned characters use the Sunblade without the level penalty, or will it work for neutral players too? It's not specified in the book.
>>
>>46198028
praise him
>>
File: 1424230286809.jpg (71KB, 936x526px) Image search: [Google]
1424230286809.jpg
71KB, 936x526px
>>46198028
Praise be the scanner!
Glory to the scanner!
>>
>>46198206
Getting Cha to AC is more powerful than you might think. One level dip into either Barb or Monk and now their AC is 10+Dex+Con/Wis, and then you add your Cha to it.

The form is really powerful too. Resistance to s/p/b (non-magic isn't specified, by the way, but I'm assuming it's intended), CHA to attack and damage rolls, and a constant fear aura that the creatures don't gain immunity to after succeeding on a save is extremely strong. The only penalty is that you can't cast spells, which, while a big hit to a Warlock, is more than made up for by the benefits.

And then, once you hit 10, there's no drawback to the spirit form at all. I should also note that it lasts for a minute (decent length), and it recharges on a Short Rest, which is incredibly powerful.

All in all, it seems like a really strong patron. Far too much so.
>>
File: obama-and-people.jpg (52KB, 600x331px) Image search: [Google]
obama-and-people.jpg
52KB, 600x331px
>>46198202
>yfw bit-miner embedded
>>
>>46198208
Alignment has no effect for players. It's just for otherworldly creatures. The weapons main objective is to kill Strahd, I'd rule it'll work even for chaotic evil murderhobos if they're looking to end Strahd. Of course if they don't actively go after him after a certain period the weapon will stop working for them.
>>
I am kind of curious.

How difficult would it be to make a melee sorcerer? We rolled stats to be used for a character, and I am on the fence between an arcane trickster rogue and a melee sorcerer, and my 18-17-17-13-11-11 (distributed however I want) means that i am not hindered by needing several stats.

So how would you do this best?
>>
>>46198326
I'm playing a melee sorcerer all thanks to awesome rolls, favored soul.
>>
>>46198326
Dragon Sorcerer with 18 Dex, 17 Con, and 17 Cha. Probably play as an Elf or some other race that gives you proficiency with Shortsword or Scimitar.

Use Melee Cantrips like Green Flame Blade.
>>
>>46198322
Alignment does have an effect with certain high-impact magical items, such as a Talisman of Ultimate Evil, the Moonblade, and the Book of Exalted Deeds, but yeah Sunblades don't give a darn.
>>
I'm a dunce. Anybody got some interesting/creative/cool words to use for the Command spell? Because I'm sure it's really great for a first level spell, just that the single word thing is restrictive.

other than making creatures play fetch.
>>
>>46198446
It provides some pretty good examples as it is.

One I'm partial to is "KNEEL", especially if I'm playing a Paladin or Cleric. I suppose "confess" would work too if you were trying to get the truth out of somebody, though that's completely up to the DM whether something like that would work (and considering the nature of the word confess, a goodly character would have to know 100% the person did the deed he's confessing to, otherwise he would lie and say he did it anyway on a failed Wisdom save).
>>
>>46198208
I really thought that alignment should have a bigger impact in CoS, and I'm really upset they didn't do much involving it. I know CoS is supposed to be a rendition of the older 80s module Ravenloft, but the newer AD&D Ravenloft setting explicitly stated that alignment was a big thing, and had a whole section on how characters of certain alignments were effected and how spells involving alignment changed.

I'm definitely including the Dark Powers Gifts and Curses mechanic at my table.
>>
>>46198446
VAPE
>>
Is there any point in making a dragonborn draconic bloodline sorcerer?
>>
File: Legion.pdf (1B, 486x500px)
Legion.pdf
1B, 486x500px
>>46198287
Reworked it a bit.
>>
>>46198446
FIZZBANG
>>
>>46198479
I like that they avoid alignment shit as much as possible, but there are some things I would add in from later Ravenloft modules - like the Dark Powers gifts.

Is there anywhere we can get the old Ravenloft books as PDFs?
>>
/5eg/, what is best in life?
>>
>>46198479
Anon lets be real if you wanted to play ACTUAL Ravenloft, or any other 80s settings like Dark Sun, Birthright, etc. the only way you'll have a legitimate game is if you play it with 2e-AD&D.
>>
>>46198506
The blue moon when a new book is released
>>
>>46198506
To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their flame princesses.
>>
>>46198505
Don't get me wrong. I'm okay with alignment not being a big thing in the standard 5th edition rules, but in Ravenloft settings? come on. Ravenloft is the realm of dramatic and narrative extremes. morality, and thus in D&D alignment, is a big BIG part of the 'gothic' part of gothic horror.

I got a thumbdrive full of TSR products, I'll post it in a second if it's big enough. If it ain't I'll direct you somewhere to acquire the book with the Dark Powers in it.
>>
>>46198506
leveling up
>>
>>46198527
>lamentations of their flame princesses

Excellent game.
>>
>>46197561
>steal from the party
>to become an immortal entity of undeath

This is a fast lane to "DM says no"
>>
>>46198491
I feel that the spirit form might not be powerful enough to warrant it's usage now, though I'm not entirely certain (the fear aura is still really good and is a constant effect that will require a save every time a creature's in it's influence). Maybe give the spirit form resistance to non-magical s/p/b damage, since the duration has been nerfed and it now requires a long rest to recharge; you want the player to have a good reason to use it, and giving up his spells will be a hard sell.

I don't know if allowing ALL of your Warlock's spells to deal Force damage is wise, but I'm not very close to the Warlock, and I'm not certain if they get very many attacking spells they would want to use aside from Eldritch Blast.

All in all, it looks a lot more manageable, and I like the idea behind the Legion Form.
>>
>>46196936
What is a scan?

A miserable little pile of Strahd.
>>
>>46198505
here ya go

https://mega.nz/#F!6Ix13LgA!ersEW6AceAwyUGUzOUlBVQ
>>
File: 1338789757421.jpg (6KB, 240x180px) Image search: [Google]
1338789757421.jpg
6KB, 240x180px
>>46198028
>mfw it's real this time
>>
>>46198446
You'd be amazed how useful "SIT" is.

Our party once captured a pretty powerful monk in her sleep, and had her tied to a chair. But she was more powerful than we realized, and kept getting out of her bindings and charging us. Every time she'd come at us, my Cleric would command her to "SIT" and she kept failing and having to go sit back in the chair for us to re-tie.
>>
>>46198652
>Monk
>failing a Wis Throw
Damn. Lucky sons of guns, you boys.
>>
>>46197992
That's not how unarmored defense, or AC in general, works.

Maybe you should stick to Druid rather than cocking your PC up with rules you can't be arsed to learn.
>>
>>46198663
Yeah it is, anon. Maybe you should learn how to read.
>>
>>46198542
Shit taste.
>>
>>46198622
A-are you trollin?
>>
>>46198487
Pick 2 damage types.

They're subject to slightly different rules, but you get 2.
>>
>>46198028
Not trolling, this actually is a legitimate complete scan.
>>
>>46198693
No, it's fucking real man. IT'S FUCKING REAL

WHY ISN'T EVERYONE GOING CRAZY
>>
>>46198710
>>46198622
>>46198302
>>46198273
>>46198214
>>46198096
>>46198028

You do realize that we can see the amount of posters at any given time, and the fact that the numbers simply don't add up to have it make sense that the most of these aren't samefags...
>>
>>46198674
Unarmored Defense, PHB p78:
> beginning at 1st level, while you are wearing no armor and not wielding a shield, your AC equals 10+ your Dexterity modifier + your Wisdom modifier.
Key word being "equals."

Natural Armor functions as described in the MM (p7).

Then, on PHB page 14:
> Some spells and class features give you a different way to calculate your AC. If you have multiple features that give you different ways to Calculate your AC, you choose which one to use.

Natural armor and Unarmored Defense aren't cumulative. You are an idiot.
>>
>>46198487
Double Dragon jokes.
>>
>>46198774
I'm not suggesting they are. Learn to read.
>>
File: 776d25f3f5[1].png (10KB, 1182x205px) Image search: [Google]
776d25f3f5[1].png
10KB, 1182x205px
>>46198765
That's because it's FUCKING REAL
>>
>>46198677
Shit opinion.
>>
The scan's real guys. THE SCAN IS REAL.
(I mean, it might be full of viruses or something, but it's the real thing. )

So most of the citizens of Barovia are soulless, that sounds like a cool hook for a PC; how would you stat them?

My suggestion: construct type, resistant to fear and charm, +2 Con and +1 one other stat. Not sure whether to make them really hard or really easy to bring back from the dead.
>>
File: 43f8cec4fb[1].jpg (815KB, 1936x1096px) Image search: [Google]
43f8cec4fb[1].jpg
815KB, 1936x1096px
>>46198028
It's fully bookmarked too. God bless you anon.
>>
>>46198765
>216mb
if its not real its a damn good troll
>>
>>46198028
>Forgotten Realms everywhere

Excuse me I thought this was a Ravenloft adventure. Just fuck my shit apart Hasbro jesus christ
>>
Dling scan now, will confirm if my PC gets potatoed
>>
>>46198774
I'm sorry, let me go over this for you since you can't be bothered.

A Brown Bear's AC is 11. If I Wild Shaped into a Brown Bear, my AC would be 11, correct?
However, let's assume I have the Monk's Unarmored Defense (10+Dex+Wis). While Wild Shaped as a Brown Bear, all of my statistics change except for my Int, Wis, Cha, Skill Profs, Saving Throw Profs, personality, and alignment. The important part is that I keep my Wisdom (which is 16, as stated in the original post), but my Dex changes to match the Bear's (a 10). Therefore, my Unarmored (monk) Defense while Wild Shaped into a Brown Bear is 10+0(dex)+3(wis). Equaling 13.

Understand?
>>
>>46198881
Its already been confirmed to be legit.

And its a load of shit. Fuck 5e honestly this was the last disappointment I'll endure.
>>
>>46198781
You lose your natural armor if you choose to use your UD AC. With a +2 wis mod (which I'm assuming it's the+2 you mentioned, otherwise I don't know where the fuck you got that from), a grizzly's AC would be 12 (Dex mod 0) and a Dire Wolf's would still be 14 (Dex mod 2).

He's right, anon.
>>
>>46196936
>all of these people who've been waiting for a CoS scan start jerking off that it's finally here
>tfw no hype because I don't use modules

I feel like a minority around here.

http://strawpoll.me/7161152
>>
>>46198925
See >>46198889

He's not. He's assuming I'm stacking the Nat Armor with the Unarmored Defense. The +2 I mentioned in the post refers to an overall +2 from the original form, not a +2 from my Wis.
>>
You wildshift into a bear.

Hungry, you look for berries as you walk. You smell a familiar smell. Fish.

You walk away from the party, towards the stream. Fish. You catch a fish and consume it. Then another. It will be winter soon.

You find a small cave. Snow will soon fall. You begin to hibernate.

The party notices your absence. They never find you. Some years later you meet a nice lady bear and settle down.
>>
>>46198945
>+2 from the original form
A +2 OVER the original form, I should say. Specifically in the case of the Brown Bear.
>>
>>46198889
You said +2, you fucking mong.

This entire argument is the result of you not being bothered to proofread.
>>
>>46198933
I'm with you. I run homebrew, but I recently found another group to DM for, and I'm going to try out an official module for them because I don't have the time and energy for two homebrew campaigns, as fun as it is creating them.
>>
>>46198933
I run my own shit unless a cool published adventure comes out, then I run that.
>>
>>46198956
Sorry man, I can't help you with your inability to comprehend language. Maybe you should go back to primary school.
>>
>>46198933
>http://strawpoll.me/7161152
What if I do both though
>>
>>46198974
It's not his fault you wrote "+2" when that's not what you meant.
>>
>>46198956
And actually, no. It's a result of you being too fucking stupid to read the entire conversation before butting in.
>>
>>46198982
It is what I meant though. You'd know that if you'd read the post.

I know getting caught with egg on your face is difficult to deal with, but you should try and take this one gracefully.
>>
>>46198765
Last I checked that's fewer than 38.
>>
>>46198992
>>46198983
>>46198974
> previously forced to correct and clarify his fucking mess of posts
>> EVERYONE ELSE IS RETARDED
Yeah, nah, you don't know shit.
>>
>>46199017
>previously forced to correct and clarify his fucking mess of posts
Anyone with half a brain would have been able to follow that conversation, so I have to wonder if you're just underage or if there's some real damage up there.
>>
>>46198826
>I mean, it might be full of viruses or something, but it's the real thing
Well, virus scan came up negative, and my computer hasn't exploded or grown limbs and tried to eat me yet.
>>
>>46199017
This

>admits to fault
>backtracks and engages maximum damage control

Just give it a rest anon

Nobody knows who you are, in 15 minutes everyone will have forgotten this conversation if you stop bringing it up, the only one shaming your ego is you.
>>
>>46198028
BY THE LIGHT!!!!!!

FINALLY IT HAS BEEN DELIVERED UNTO US!!!!!!
>>
>>46199149
>admits to fault
>backtracks and engages maximum damage control
It's amazing how people will try so tirelessly to convince people of things that are flat out contradicted by the writing they reference.

Nobody knows who you are, in 15 minutes, everyone will have forgotten this conversation if you stop bringing it up. The only one shaming your intellect, pumpkin, is you.
>>
>>46199190
>pumpkin

40 year old British woman confirmed

Go home grandma
>>
>>46199194
Man, we knew this when she started the thread with "If you please."
>>
File: shiggy.jpg (10KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
shiggy.jpg
10KB, 250x250px
>>46199194
>not being a citizen of the Queen's United Kingdom
>2016
>>
>>46198765

Who literally gives a shit other than you?

like it matters, it's real. go fucking play CoS with the friends you shouldn't have.
>>
>>46199190
>>intellect
>all insults revolve around education level and reading comprehension
> in March
I'm sorry midterms kicked your ass, anon.
>>
File: smug1.gif (3MB, 539x476px) Image search: [Google]
smug1.gif
3MB, 539x476px
>>46199230
>the only rebuttal he can come up with is "Y-Y-YOU'RE IN HIGHSCHOOL AREN'T YOU A-ANON"
>>
>>46198853
I don't really understand what you mean by that. The only place in the book that mentions forgotten realms from what I've read is one of the hooks which mentions the Sword Coast and the factions ,and that's easily changed. They just give you a point of reference to start at and the DM can easily change it around to whatever place he's made or whatever setting he's using.
>>
>>46197518
zero chance
>>
File: Strahd.jpg (169KB, 1024x1340px) Image search: [Google]
Strahd.jpg
169KB, 1024x1340px
Can anyone produce a better strategy for defeating Strahd than the entire party peeing on him? He takes damage from being in running water, and I've crunched the numbers; pissing is actually known as "making water," in Britain they call their piss sheds "water closets," and that stream is clearly running.

I'm not saying you can't do other things while pissing on Strahd. If the party can get suitably erect then they'll be able to aim their streams hands-free, allowing for maximum damage against the undead fiend.

One question though: If I wield my pisser with one hand and don't have a weapon in the other, can I benefit from the Dueling fighting style?

tl;dr
Pissing on Strahd is the best way to kill him
>>
>>46199307
>If I wield my pisser with one hand and don't have a weapon in the other, can I benefit from the Dueling fighting style?
Dueling and Dual-wielding are not the same thing.
>>
Is there any existing d&d setting that is akin to the Greek Tragedy genre isn't Darksun? A setting where everyone's lives are or already have fallen into ruin for reasons outside their control? The problem is balancing that kind of genre without making it super edgy. I'm looking for something that's more saddening than grim.
>>
File: Finn the Dog Jake the Human.jpg (37KB, 500x377px) Image search: [Google]
Finn the Dog Jake the Human.jpg
37KB, 500x377px
>>46199307
>>
>>46199307
>If I wield my pisser with one hand and don't have a weapon in the other, can I benefit from the Dueling fighting style?

Depends on whether your DM count's your tiny elven wiener as a weapon or not. I sure as hell wouldn't.
>>
>>46199307
Vampires explicitly have to be immersed to begin taking damage. And three continuous rounds to deal full HP damage.
That's gonna take a lot of piss.
>>
Where the fuck is the Castle map in the mega?
>>
>>46199387
Mike Schley or whatever his name is didn't do the Castle maps, that's why they aren't in the pdf.
>>
File: 1453949387177.jpg (17KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1453949387177.jpg
17KB, 300x300px
>>46199423
>>
>>46199360
>Vampires explicitly have to be immersed to begin taking damage.
What percentage of Strahd's body needs to be covered in piss before he counts as immersed?
>>
>>46199432
to be submersed is to be in your entirety underwater. so... entirely.
>>
>>46198028
>https://mega.nz/#!1sJX0ByR!WDom2xyAG6jEeQNCacBCh59JQ35CJEVzS2cl6g_ivVg

anon you're a pretty cool guy
>>
>>46199477
His statblock doesn't specify him being submerged, just being "in running water."
>>
>>46199499
B-b-but I, Strahd said it didn't bother him as long as his heart wasn't submerged.
>>
>>46196936
Is this blood magic unearthed arcana 3rd party?
>>
>>46199656
Yeah. They just spotlighted it.
>>
>>46199670
There goes my dream of Hasbro preparing a Ravenloft setting book with dhampir and whatnot stuff.
>>
>>46198028
Thank you based anon
>>
>>46199633
CoS doesn't follow I, Strahd to a T.
>>
>>46198028
Finally no more need to collect scraps of fuzzy photo's! Praise be, anon.
>>
Not to be a peasant, but could someone please send me a pic of the warhorse statblock (phb, I think). I can't get mega to work on my phone after making an account
>>
>>46198028

Thank you Anon. You Da MVP. lol.
>>
File: totally a warhorse.png (441KB, 415x476px) Image search: [Google]
totally a warhorse.png
441KB, 415x476px
>>46200062
>>
>>46197943
Can you reup this or something, seems the page is suspended at the moment.
>>
File: 1424241891431.jpg (116KB, 401x333px) Image search: [Google]
1424241891431.jpg
116KB, 401x333px
>>46199307
>oh brave adventurers, please don't pee on me, it's my only weakness..
>>
>>46198933
Almost always homebrew, but sometimes it's fun to try out an official and maybe take things from them.
>>
>>46198446
Hericide. It means to kill your leader.
>>
>>46198028
I OCR'd and optimized (compressed images) and made a reduced filesize (68MB) at the cost of some image quality. If someone prefers a smaller file:

https://mega.nz/#!goMjyZTS!8uqQs0s3TYykjkVkZh0UiJYeUx0BIX7s3OX8LJkXD24
>>
File: noice2.png (72KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
noice2.png
72KB, 200x200px
>>46200495
>>
>>46197272
Fuck Vecna, Kyuss lives!
>>
>>46200495
How would an adventuring party from Athas respond to being trapped in Barovia?
>>
>>46200583
fucking WIIIIIIIIZZZZZAAAAAAAAAARRDS
>>
>>46197217
Wood elves living mainly as their names say in the woods and doing mundane stuff.

Sun elves having a piss fetish and calling it an art and moon elves being inbred isolationists.
>>
Bundled all CoS Castle Ravenloft maps into a single image, thought I might as well share it.
https://mega.nz/#!VYAW0DBA!LDbvOfCBlAaXClWZZk-lZaC251dncRQA62KaEzEiCfA
>>
>>46199680
I hear you. I'm so disappointed that no campaign settings have been published. Fuck converting old material, I'm a new DM and that just adds so much more overhead.
>>
>>46200841
the OP mega already has a pdf of the for-purchase high res maps.
>>
File: 1372564593909.png (20KB, 507x457px) Image search: [Google]
1372564593909.png
20KB, 507x457px
>>46198028
Holy shit it was legit, praise be to you anon.
>>
I'm guessing i'm going to have to talk to the GM if i wanted my Death Cleric to have skeleton minions?
I feel that a paragon of a Death God could have it
>>
>>46200881
I know, but the high res maps pdf doesn't include maps of the castle.
>>
>>46200917
If your DM let's you play a Death Cleric, he is going to allow you to cast Animate Dead anyway.
>>
Just finished cropping the scan's white margins/hole punches and am OCRing it. I'll throw it in the Mega once that's done.
>>
>>46198889

do people really not understand what you're saying?

>>46198674

you can choose either the 11 or the 13 from monk's unarmored defense. IF you go with the 13, you gained +2 AC from what you would have had if you didn't have unarmored defense. He's not saying they're stacking, he's saying unarmored defense gives you a higher result and therefore you have higher AC than a straight druid.

That might not make it worth it, but he's still getting +2 (or +1) to AC.
>>
File: Strongest Martial Art.jpg (85KB, 500x673px) Image search: [Google]
Strongest Martial Art.jpg
85KB, 500x673px
What fits better with a "Monster Hunter" esque PC? I'm aiming for something like the Dark Angels pre Emperor Orders

Vengence Paladin or something like a Fighter?
>>
>>46201085
That poorly drawn animu better be named Necky Chinchilla.
>>
>>46201085

Mathew Mercer from Critical Role actually has a "Blood Hunter" homebrew class which is free on the DM's Guild. It has four archetypes-- one is a blatant Witcher reference (Order of the Mutant) one is a blatant "I wanna be a wereweolf", and the other two are excellent Witch Hunter analgoues.

I believe he made the class as part of the promotions for the Witch Hunter movie with Vinny Deisel.

It's pretty neat.
>>
>>46201154
get the fuck out.
>>
>>46201154

>He doesn't recognize Hokuto no Ken

Seriously, leave.
>>
>>46196936
So my current party ended up rolling up 6 monks for our game without knowing what the others brought.

So the DM scrapped the original adventure and instead made us justiciars for a monastic order with us being sent out on missions.

The the DM also added a few home rules.

>Tavern-brawler stacks with MA die.

>Monks get to do Athletics checks with Dex (which in turn made grapple a viable option).

>Free feat for everyone at lvl 4 (which in turn made 2 party members abuse the above grappling ability to invalidate lots of encounters with humanoids).

Then the players started to multi-class after lvl 6 which got us the Darkest-Edge Shadow-monk/Assasin, Teleporting Panda Monk/Druid, A Wot4E Monk/Ranger (which somehow isn't a bad multi-class), a Open hand/Cleric, with the Long death and Sun soul monks being the only ones sticking to one class.

The game was pretty amazing since we were operators operating operationally most of the time.
>>
>>46201156
I'll look into it, sounds neat.
But i was looking for a PHB/DMG class that would fit best with something like this http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/The_Order
>>
>>46201085
Barbarian (totem)/Ranger(hunter)
There you go.
>>
I've been working on a Ranger rework, and I want to throw this out there:

Favored Enemy: Does what it already does, plus you can impose disadvantage on your Favored Enemy's attack rolls (and saving throws? No?) as a reaction. You can do this a number of times equal to your Wis modifier, recharges on long rest. You can gain additional Favored Enemies but studying creatures that you have slain (allies have slain as well?).

Natural Explorer: In addition to what it already does, you can Hide as a bonus action in the terrain you choose. (Perhaps a way to change your chosen terrain? Studying the land for 8 hours? A day? A week?)
>>
>>46201156
Stop peddling this piece of shit.

>>46201238
Ancients or Vengeance pally. Could take 1 level of Ranger for preferred enemy, but it's not really worth it inna long run.
>>
>>46201548
Awesome thanks anon

>>46201258
Already playing a Barb in another game, was looking for something different
>>
>>46201645
Well then Monk/Fighter with Mariner fighting style and Outlander background.
Maybe make him an Aquatic elf as well who got famous by hunting sea serpents.
>>
>>46201645
>make him an Aquatic elf as well who got famous by hunting sea serpents.
Shit i never even thought about something like that
>>
The class reference sheets in the mega are awesome but I don't see death cleric or oathbreaker paladin in them.
>>
>>46201730
see
>>46201757
>>
>>46201532
Is Favored Enemy really that bad in 5e that it needs a rework? The archetypes are fairly broad, compared to earlier versions, which makes up for any lacking bonus.
I'll have to admit I haven't played any 5e yet, as I haven't had the time. Where is the Ranger considered to be lacking, pure combat or specialty areas (tracking/nature/beasts etc.)?
>>
>>46201757

Just to elaborate the multi-class:
First take 6 levels in Monk for saves, Dex spears, Extra attack etc.
Then dip 3 fighter levels at max (getting more fighter levels will remove your lvl 17 features) for Mariner fighting style (+1 to AC while unarmoured etc.), Action surge, Second wind and Battle-master maneuvers+extra proficiency.
Back to monk from then on.
Recommending Open hand and Long death tradition for this.
Pick up the defensive duelist feat if you will be using only short-swords to get that extra AC on reactions and don't need to move away from your target since you will never actually get hit.

I call it the torpedo elf build.

Now only needs an official Sea elf.

From what we can gather they should have the following features:

Marine weapon training: Dagger, Short-sword, Spear, Trident, Net

Amphibious: Can breathe both air and water

Swim speed equal to their land movement speed

+1 to Con or Wis
>>
Is it worth a dip into Barbarian for a muscle rogue?
>>
>>46201085
I feel like vengance paladin and rangers would make the best monster hunters, followed by totem barbarians and champion fighters. The big question is, what kind of fighting style and what kind of character do you see your monster hunter as? That would ultimately determine what would be the best class fit.
>>
>>46201898
It's not that bad. Personally I don't really think Ranger is as suboptimal as it gets shit on for; it's just really focused on the exploration and resourcing parts of the game, while most groups emphasize the combat and loot parts (which are admittedly genre staples).

As a DM I also suspect a lot of DMs can't be bothered to make games interesting for Ranger players, which is an entirely ancillary problem.
>>
>>46202036
>Amphibious: Can breathe both air and water
It's not a fucking mermaid, you idiot.
>>
>>46202118
It could be advantageous, since you get some nifty bonuses to damage and tankiness for doing it, but your ranged combat will be very poor and your tankiness will be average at best if you go S&B, and at worst you will suffer death by 1000 cuts if you overestimate your resistance to damage. I made such a mistake on my GWM barbarian. I could hit like a truck and one shot low AC foes, but I would melt like butter if got caught in a hoard or fought some guy with loads of armor.
>>
>>46202290
>Mask of the wilds
It's not a fucking chameleon, you idiot.
>>
>>46201898
Beast Master archetype is fairly underwhelming. I'd allow them to get 1/2 CR companions, and to allow every other Ranger archetype a CR 0 companion. Maybe increase it to CR 1 allowed when the Beast Master reaches a certain level (11?).
>>
>>46202118
Not really?

I guess you could stack sneak attack with rage under some circumstances, but you'll be pretty MAD. Seems like a waste of ASIs.
>>
>>46201898
They've made Favored Enemy completely meaningless. It does nothing to help in combat until level 20. Before that, it just helps noncombat skill checks and provides bonus languages. It may as well not be there at all.

The ranger gets a lot of ribbons disguised as meaningful abilities. It's the one class (with the arguable exception of the monk) that gets nothing at all at level 1.
>>
>>46202367
Then maybe allow them to choose a subtype, gaining a bonus to hit/dmg rolls against that subtype?
>>
>>46202332
>>46202358
So my DM let us roll stats, and after racials I'm beyond happy:
Mountain Dwarf
18 str
17 dex
15 con
12 int
11 wis
7 cha

I'm not a face rogue, hell I'm not even a super sneak rogue. I'm envisioning a dirty fighter and a brawler. I took my expertise in Athletics, so I'm sitting at a +8 for doing dirty shit like trips, shoves, grapples, etc.

A 2 level dip in Barbarian gets me resistance while raging, some negligible extra damage and most importantly, reckless.
Again, dirty fighter. Stuff like pulling hair back to slice throats, stabbing arm pits, etc. It thematically fits my character I think.

As far as what I gain mechanically, Adv on attacks lets me proc sneak by myself in exchange for going hard as fuck in the paint. When I get bonus actions to dash I can get back out and mitigate the downside.
Unarmored defense is pretty dope, my AC would be 15 naked (17 at my first ASI).
I slow down in my sneak attack progression, and get my ASI slower than my party.

But I'm a muscle-bound dwarf thug...
>>
>>46202465
The MAD is not so bad, I guess, except you will have trouble as a Swashbuckler with that kind of Cha.

Also, remember that sneak attack only works with ranged or finesse weapons, so no great sword/axe/club shenanigans for you.
>>
>>46202465
I would say if your gonna do a 2 dip in barbarian, pick up a shield and go rapier and shield. Iv'e learned that you can never be too tanky. Outside of that you should do solid. Especially since you rolled for stats and did good overall.

>>46202523
Its just my guess but I think he is going the thief or assassin archetype.
>>
>>46202523
No buckling swashes for me.
>>46202564
You got it. Probably Assassin.
Picking up a shield is a good idea. 17 AC naked at level 2 is no laughing matter.

I am thinking Barb2/Rogue X.

I'm just gonna straight brutalize people. I'm fluffing the rage more as losing himself in the carnage than going berserker. He gets tunnel vision, and his sneak attacks are less about hitting precise and more about just brutality. Like I said, sliced throats, shiv'd kidneys, kicked in knees...
>>
>>46202564
Yep, just pointing it out, especially given that he's going for a "dirty fighter."

Assassin's good for getting the drop on folks, but beyond that, eh.
>>
>>46202367
FE is only useless if the party metagames information about enemies; knowing is half the battle.
>>
Posting from phone.

It's been a while since I posted in 5eg, what can you tell me about curse of strahd? is a game starting from 1st level? thinking on running it for my players, is it too lethal? we come from a bad experience in tyranny and I decided to be the new GM and try something less meatgrindy
>>
>>46202728
> is a game starting from 1st level?
recommended start is lvl 3 but there is a starter adventure "Death House" to go from 1-3.

>is it too lethal?
Death House has been somewhat notoriously lethal so far, but there are several online guides to making it less so, if you can't figure out how to do that yourself.

Overall, the CoS campaign is fairly unforgiving. If your players make a poor decision and follow some NPCs they probably shouldn't hags and bonegrinder at early levels, they will get spanked. But if you control the flow of information, and do some slight railroading, it should be fine. Luckily, Basrovia lends itself to canonical (though a bit tired) railroading with "the cursed mists block your path" etc.
>>
>>46202345

My Ranger rework started as a Beastmaster rework, but after plugging in some math for the Beastmaster's companions, I've realized that the only real thing the companion is lacking is death saves. Granted, there is some numerical bloat in the equation which makes the beast appear, on paper, more powerful than it really is, but that is easily addressed. No, part of the problem with the Beastmaster, as some tablemates and I have discussed, is that the Ranger gets the least from their first two levels out of any class. Favored Enemy and Natural Explorer are pure ribbon abilities with almost no benefits at all. So, if these two abilities are made relevant, it will also increase the relative power of the Beastmaster. From there it's just a matter of adjusting the stat bonuses that the Ranger gives to the beast and you're done. That being said, after doing the math, I understand completely why WotC has the Ranger use an action to command the beast, even if it seems nonsensical.
>>
File: Ravenloss.png (649KB, 529x669px) Image search: [Google]
Ravenloss.png
649KB, 529x669px
A cropped, bookmarked, OCRed, optimized Curse of Strahd scan (with matching page numbers) is now in the Mega.
>>
>>46202789
That got me thinking, what about a Beast Master with Pole Mastery that stands behind his companion, using his Attack Action to direct the beast and AoOs to deal damage to anything that comes close?
>>
>>46202786
Oh, cool, thanks for the info, probably going to skip Death House and make them directly start at 3rd level, is not like we can't into meatgrinders, but we're fucking tired of them, last years were always or an intended or unintended meatgrinder (aka DM doesn't know what he's doing and underCRs monsters)

Seems like there's already a scan so gonna check it once I arrive at home
>>
>>46202882

Might be cool. Polearm Mastery is so powerful that it works well in most situations.
>>
>>46197189
>>46197151
Walrock has a nice and SOMEWHAT balanced homebrew race for skeletons. Not liches, not zombies, not vampires, SKELETONS.

Check it out here. This guy does a lot of good homebrew, in my opinion.
http://walrock-homebrew.blogspot.com.br/

I let a player use it in a game and it was mostly a bunch of one-liners and NPCs asking "What the fuck is that" and then the player trying to be buddies with the other mindless undead.
>>
>>46202953
The ghost subrace is fucking bullshit though

Also, why the fuck does a detached arm have finesse?
>>
>>46196936
Since I didn't see anything about it in the pastebin, I've got an edition question for you guys. The last times I've DMed I've DMed for 3.5, since it's what I was most familiar with. But since then 5e has come out, and I was thinking of starting a new campaign.

How different is 5e from 3.5? What are the main changes? Is there anything in particular a first-time 5e DM should look out for or houserule?
>>
>>46203071
not giving titty twisters for sneak attack damage.
>>
>>46203071
I have no fucking idea dude. He seems to be struggling with that for some time now. 3rd revision that one. I hope he gets his shit together faster than that, but I guess as far as racial features go, this one ain't the weirdest.

Agreed on the ghost.

>>46203111
Not giving sneak attack damage to titty twisters.
Cough, cough, sorry, still had some DM left on my throat from last weekend.
>>
>>46203184
You should stop blowing your DM.
>>
>>46203081
A lot's changed. Primary things you'll notice will be the replacement of numerical bonuses/penalties with advantage/disadvantage, the concentration mechanic, bounded accuracy, and spell preparation determining your list rather than expending slots.
Since the SRD is public you can go look yourself for the finer points.
>>
>>46203222
Would be hard to blow myself. Albeit the other DM at the table would be like a kid on christmas eve if I mentioned the notion of blowing him, so for that he thanks you.
>>
>>46202697
It's not even guaranteed that rangers will know all the important strengths and weaknesses of their own favored enemies. They're about as likely to do so as a bard or rogue with expertise in the right subject, or a wizard with a better Int score. And all of those other classes can do other fun things during the 95% of the time when there are no favored enemies around.
>>
>>46200117
Thank you Thank you thank you!!!

Yeah, that's pretty worth 400 gp in my book. Armor costs will be crippling, but the horse is pretty doable.
>>
>>46203395

Warhorses did receive errata: +6 to attack, not +4
>>
>>46203395
I pasted the Tiger's statline over the warhorse, sorry, I tricked you
>>
Would you give an improvised weapon - Straight Razor finesse?
>>
Let's say you play 4 hour sessions, how many sessions do you think it would take to play CoS?
>>
>>46203570
nope. A straight razor isn't a weapon designed to be used with finesse in any other way then shaving. they make for horrible weapons. A broken bottle or carving knife would be a much better option.
>>
>>46203570
It would just stat it as a slashing dagger.
>>
>>46203570
I'd honestly just treat it as a dagger that deals slashing.
>>
>>46203690
I'm thinking about things that aren't out of place and can be snuck in easily enough. Town guards are likely to take your knives and daggers before you enter, but probably wouldn't be concerned about a razor.
>>
>>46203664
Depends on how fast your party is at moving on from encounter to encounter. My party's first session was last week and lasted 6 hours. If your the DM: I gave them the vistani hook, they got to barovia, did the primary short quest there, and followed the hag all the way to bonegrinder

If player: My party takes fukin forever to do anything and only got to the first closest village.
>>
>>46203731
disguise yourself as a writer/page/clergy monk/wizard/scribe and bring a letter opener. subtle and stabs just as good as a dagger. It's also something the guards are unlikely to take away. Also daggers are fairly concealable, a good DM would make you do a stealth or deception check to hide something like a dagger on your person before simply taking it away from you if you're actively trying to conceal it.
>>
>>46203497
I'm still pissed off that they haven't brought back the rule that a horse charge with a lance means double damage. With that (and possibly a crit) you could drop fairly big bastards in one good hit. The UA Cavalier's superiority dice don't come close to hitting 3d6*2.
>>
>>46203747
Our DM is considering on skipping the death house segment entirely, how much would it shorten the game?
>>
File: Robeandwizardhat.png (48KB, 388x268px) Image search: [Google]
Robeandwizardhat.png
48KB, 388x268px
>>46200133
If you still need it
https://mega.nz/#F!LhFT1KyS!wmE80yml80oPeLUDxRiM0A
>>
>>46203782
to further add to this, you could have a dagger made especially for you to conceal, and mole it over with your DM to see if it gives you advantage when attempting to conceal it, or at least a bonus.

You could also treat a broach attached to a cloak as an improvised stabbing weapon. Ancient examples of broaches are lolhuge.

even if you can't disguise yourself, bring a letter opener anyway. If you're going to someplace where nobility will also be, you're probably noble enough to tell a guard you wouldn't dare ruin your nails over a piece of parchment. Rods with pointed caps also make for good stabbing weapons, and a guard probably wouldn't dare ask for your walking cane if you were nobility or invited guests, and you dress the part.
>>
>>46203800
I didn't do it, so I wouldn't be able to give you too accurate of how much shorter it would be, but i'll say it isn't a necessary thing to do. If your party makes it all the way to Vallaki, you'll have things to do. If your party is generally slower, you'll probably make it out of Barovia with an hour to spare.
>>
How would you rule for a player to throw an enemy they have grappled

Specifically: how would you rule for a Goliath PC to grab a goblin or something like that and throw it at anothet creature?
Keep in mind the goliath counts as large for lifting, pushing and pulling and such, and RAW he can lift about a half ton

I'm playing around with the idea of grabbing medium and small enemies and using them as improvised weapons, and I realize there is a push mechanic but it seems unrealistic that a goliath barbarian that can deadlift 1.2 tons while raging can only throw a goblin a piddly 5 feet
>>
So I've been DMing my first sessions with my friends, we're doing the Lost Mines of Phandelvar from the starter set and everything went well, but now my players reached the town and I'm getting overwhelemd by all the NPCs and locations.
Any tips on a way to organize this shit and deal with all this information in general?
>>
>>46204078
If my player tried to do it, I'd probably say if they can lift the creature over their head (~1/2 their push/pull weight), they'd be able to throw a creature 10 feet, with disadvantage doing unarmed damage equal to 1(or 1d4)+strength modifier, using strength as an attack modifier. I'd maybe allow them to add their proficiency bonus if they had tavern brawler.
>>
>>46204154
A good way of dealing with large numbers of NPCs is to right down important shit about them, and one or two mannerisms for important ones that makes them stick out, on note cards.

You don't have to do this for all of them mind you, I usually just do it for the ones that provide an individual quest. The rest that provide info about current or future quests less than twice, don't need much thought, even if they're vendors.

Take the priestess at the shrine for one example. She provides a quest and invites certain players to a faction. It'd be a good idea to write her down and giver her a mannerism or two.

Then take Barthen at Barthen's Provisions. All he does is reward the party with some gold, and give some small incite about the Rockseekers. Nothing more. So if you make a notecard for him, that's all you need.

Another tip is to see which NPCs the characters visit the most. Definitely give these guys more personality. The bartender was a big one for my PCs. When the Redbrands ended up ruffing him up and damaging the inn, they felt so bad for him they ended up giving him enough money to renovate the whole building because it was their fault Needless to say, Toblen became a good friend to the party.

Only do the work for the most important of them. Some examples would be the priestess, the mayor, that farmer dude and the halfling lady, and the guy you saved from the cave.
>>
>>46204188
Well that's kinda meh
>>
>>46204310
holy shit I said "right" instead of "write". Fucking kill me.
>>
>>46204320
It isn't something your character should probably be doing as a primary mode of attack, so unless your hurling them off a cliff, that tactic will get old quickly. I forgot to add that they'd end up prone until they can stand up on their turn, which is a big bonus for the rest of your party to fuck them up. that definitely isn't "meh"
>>
>>46204320
you could also do what I do and either acquire boots of striding and springing, a ring of jumping, or cast the jump spell on yourself, then jump into the air with a grappled opponent and drop them at the height of your jump to inflict falling damage on them, describing it as a flying suplex or pile driver. That always gives my friends a laugh when its a poor goblin or a fat ass ogre getting tombstoned.
>>
>>46204310
Alright thanks, I never thought of writing notecards per NPC.
>>
>>46204400
If you want to make villages as diverse as Phandalin some day, you'll need to devise a way your comfortable with for dealing with keeping track of a dozen NPCs at a time. Note cards are a really good method. Sometimes I wait for my players to meet them and then ad-lib a personality for them on the spot, then write it down on the card to remember how they act later, so I don't forget that fat guy in the corner is a snobby irishman that who belches loudly after a swig of beer. This helps keep the load off of you during your pre-game preparation and may even lead to you improving some pretty interesting characters.
>>
>>46204351
It's really not an improvement over regular grapple+prone shenanigans to be honest
I guess the fact that I don't have to keep track of their weight as I'm dragging them around is nice
>>
>>46204385
That sounds lulzy

>>46204469
I guess I could just pick up something heavy and place it on a prone opponent and say "stay"

Let's see a bandit lift a half-ton boulder off himself
>>
File: 1458391745058.png (266KB, 800x820px) Image search: [Google]
1458391745058.png
266KB, 800x820px
>>46198913
5E IS DEEEAAAAD
>>
The absolute best way to play a spell sword is to do this:

Rogue:Swashbuckler 10/Dragon Sorc 10 with spell sniper and mobile

Use the bait feature and run around drawing all the targets you can onto your self and get them withing 10 ft of you or charge into a large group.

Cast

Sword burst, Twin it, Quicken it.

Bam you just dealt 4d6+4d6+4d6 force damage to every single target within 10 ft of you that failed their save and half as much on a successful save.
>>
>>46204469
It's, in fact, more powerful then a grapple-prone tactic in some ways. Depending on the thoughts of your DM it could go a different way but: You pick up a goblin and hurl it at another goblin. Let's say you hit. The goblin you threw takes 1+strength unarmed bludgeon damage, and so does the goblin being hit by the airborne one. The thrown goblin ends up prone and the other goblin must make a strength (athletics) or dexterity (acrobatics) save versus your strength (athletics) to not fall prone too. If you missed, the thrown goblin would still be prone. You can effectively damage two creatures and knock both down in one action. That's pretty damn good.
>>
>>46198913
CoS is shit? No it isn't you silly fuck. It's actually pretty good.
>>
>Bard College of Satire
>As a bonus action, you can tumble. When you tumble, you gain the following benefits for the rest of your turn:
>You gain the benefits of taking the Dash and Disengage actions
>You gain a climbing speed equal to your current speed
>you take half damage from falling
Why is this allowed?
Seriously, the reasoning for giving bards Cunning Action Plus as a third-level archetype bonus evades me.
>>
Death domain Cleric vs Necromancy Wizard
I want to have my own little undead army, with funny hats
>>
>>46204664
It's playtest material. Any actual printing of it would have that nerfed.
>>
Curse of Strahd: if a Vistani curses someone, does killing the Vistani remove the curse?
>>
>>46204683
I would certainly hope so.
I love Fool's Luck, but Tumbling Fool and Fool's Insight make me want to punch whoever wrote them.
>>
Is there anything worse than having your plots wrapping up over the next several weeks and having no idea where to bring the plot train afterwards?
>>
>>46204719
the books doesn't say so

Remove curse or greater restoration or similar magic.

Dying and then getting resurrected doesn't end curses either
>>
>>46204719
No, but you should still kill the gyppo because they themselves are a curse
>>
>>46204719
It doesn't seem to be mentioned.
RAW, no, but personally, I would rule yes, because a particular Vistani cannot cast another curse until the first has completed, implying there's some sort of pseudo spell concentration going on.
>>
>>46204552
Makes sense
>>
>>46204754
having no group and therefore no plots
>>
>>46204664
It's better than Cunning action, actually.
>>
Help this babby with alighment.

Dragonborn sorcerer that's more of a smooth talker than everything else. Greedy and dishonest, but not to the point of ruining or hurting someone. Runs a scamming merchant cart. At the beginning of CoS, I plan on shaving some werewolves and presenting it back to villagers as wolfsbane.
>>
>>46205358
>Help this babby with alighment
It has no mechanical impact so don't bother.

Probably neutral evil.
>>
>>46205358
True neutral
>>
>>46205358
True neutral I'd say, or possibly neutral evil.
>>
>>46205349
>Cunning Action Plus
>>
>>46205349
Indeed. It gives both benefits of Cunning Action on top of the other two benefits. I've been meaning to try it out, but I already have an Artificer in the works!
>>
>>46205392

Really just curious by this point. And this is for Encounters.
>>
what are some interesting trap ideas revolving around themes of fire?
>>
Sup /tg/, got a few questions for you:
1. If you have spell immunity (helmed horror and rakshasa, for example) to a spell like Illusory Script, will you be able to read the real message?
2. Can you infect an animated object with Contagion?
3. Can you use Arcane Gate to add 500 feet to your range with attacks?
>>
>>46205460
Top of my head:
Fire trap set under a plate of a plastic or wax - like substance. After it goes off, the foot that stepped on it will be covered in said goop, which quickly hardens into a very annoying over-boot.
>>
>>46198028

blessings upon you and your loved ones anon

i would let my gf blow you, honest truth
>>
>>46205464
1. I'd think spell immunity is for effects that affect the creature, such as a saving throw or attack roll. If you want creatures to see through illusory effects, I think you're looking for truesight instead.
2. "Since this spell induces a natural disease in its target, any effect that removes a disease or otherwise ameliorates a disease's effects apply to it." I'd go and say that disease immunity counts for this.
3. "The mist that fills each portal is opaque and blocks vision through it." So they'd have total cover.
>>
>>46205464
>>46205559
Actually, not total cover, just heavily obscured, I guess, and it does have 'object' listed in the spell description.
I guess you can shoot through.
>>
>>46205559
>>46205642
1. Thanks. How about Hunger of Hadar? Truesight won't see through it, but would spell immunity?
2. I'm not sure if anything in the monster manual officially IS disease immune. Would it be reasonable to rule you can't infect undead or constructs?
3. I believe you could also orient it so that the other portal comes out over their head and stand in a position where you can see them.
>>
>>46205460
Two words: Explosive Runes.

For a more unique trap, try one with pillars of fire and man-eating beetles littering the floor. Basically, the way to survive is to cross the hallway through the fire, as the beetles are terrified of it. Really good for a fire-themed temple where its creators would have packed resistance/immunity, less useful for more traditional settings.
>>
>>46204664
Because this is D&D bard edition.
>>
>>46205700
Explosive Runes are indeed pretty awesome.
Spell Glyph with a delayed blast fireball could be fun too.
>>
>>46204719
I would say so
>>
>>46202847
Jesus christ
>>
>>46205669
1. Hunger of Hadar is like, blackness and not described as darkness. Compare to Fog Cloud. I think using a tactic of blinding the spell immune creature by filling up the room with stuff you can't see through is fair game. Would totally be immune to the tentacle effect though. If you can't pin them with magic, surround them in it.
2. Yeah, you're right, I tried to find the whole "constructs are disease immune" bit, but couldn't really find it. Use common sense for things like this. By RAW, fire elementals can set water elementals on fire. (???)
3. It says that the portals are perpendicular to the ground.
>>
>>46205709
>rangers will never get anything like that ever
>>
>>46202847
hahahah, post that on /co/, they'll love or plain dontget it.
>>
File: diagram.png (15KB, 640x400px) Image search: [Google]
diagram.png
15KB, 640x400px
>>46205903
1. Sounds good. How would you rule the difficult terrain and cold damage?
2. Hah, seriously? Wow, RAW really can get stupid.
3. See diagram for what I'm talking about.
>>
>>46205358
Bends the rules in their favor but doesn't care for needless evil acts?
Chaotic Neutral. Especially if they're fairly short sighted.
>>
>>46206016
1. Tricky, real tricky. Would you rather lean on the flavor of the spell and take the "warp in the fabric of space" more seriously, or the duration of the spell effect. Since it's concentration, you're causing magic to affect a creature during it, maybe treat spell immunity like a really personal anti-magic zone.
If you're leaning on the flavor, you could interpret that it literally does bring in a location from outer space with a Lovecraftian horror inside, and treat the terrain and cold damage as nonmagical, maybe?
Maybe a mixture of one and the other?
3. Looks good. DM might still impose disadvantage, not a regular kind of shot at all.
>>
>>46205997
Loss has been reduced to absolute minalism

of course they'll recognize it
>>
>>46206243
1. To answer that, I'm going to the PHB and checking its school. Being immune to a spell like conjure elemental doesn't make you immune to the conjured elemental, after all, but sending it into an antimagic field will temporarily remove it from existence.
Hunger of Hadar appears to be a conjuration, and according to 3.5, many conjuration spells that summon nonmagical objects can survive in an AMF. I would personally rule that difficult terrain isn't blocked (because it's similar to the blinding), but the damage is (because it's similar to the tentacles). What would you rule?
3. Disadvantage absolutely makes sense, though I'd allow the Sharpshooter feat to negate it.
>>
How the fuck do I deal with a level 1 PC with 20 AC?
>>
>>46206471
Things that don't need attack rolls to hit.
>>
>>46206471
Spells. If he's wearing heavy armor, use dex saves. If he's not, Magic Missile and rarer saves will do great.
Phantasmal Force will absolutely wreck his shit if he dumped Int.
>>
>>46198028
THANK YOU BASED ANONYMOUS
>>
>>46206471
>DM vs. PC mindset
Leave this place
>>
>>46206525
this

attack his dump stat

or throw a rust monster at the party
>>
File: Samus is at a.png (61KB, 346x360px) Image search: [Google]
Samus is at a.png
61KB, 346x360px
>>46206328
>>46205997
Pic related.
>>
CoS question: can you benefit from more than one dark gift at a time?
>>
>>46206551
It is healthy to challenge the party anon. If the character is breezing through encounters because of his armor class, the DM needs to restructure some encounters so the PC needs to use other abilities to increase the variation and challenge. It is both for the DM's and the PC's betterment.
>>
>>46206557
To target each individual one (only used Wizard spells here):
Maximilian’s earthen grasp for Str
General AOE damage for Dex
Reduce, Levitate and Pyrotechnics for Con Phantasmal Force and other illusions for Int
Suggestion for Wis

Nothing I could find for Charisma. Any of the other class lists have good low-level Cha saves?
>>
>>46206640
>dark gift
a what?
>>
>>46206936
Spoiler for CoS.
>>
>>46206394
I think it's implied that the difficult terrain IS tentacles. I also thought about looking at schools of magic some point after my last post.
Personally, at this point, I'd ask the casting player to explain where the tentacles come from, without looking at the description, giving them a chance to reflavor their spell. If they choose to say a location, plane or outer space or something, I'd go with nonmagical tentacles and nonmagical difficult terrain. If they say "it's magic", then magical.
>>
>>46206967
Oh, I never thought of that. I thought the difficult terrain was increased gravity or denser air or some other spooky deep-space nonmagical stuff.
>>
>>46206471
Let him enjoy his massive AC. Remember that grappling and shoving are not attacks, they are contested ability checks. Saving throws are nice. Is it from armor, or from Unarmored Defense/Bladesong? If the former, Heat Metal is a good spell to put the pressure on.
>>
>>46207005
Technically, shoving and grappling are attacks, but they don't use AC.
>>
>>46206640
I don't think it expressly forbids it. Only thing it says is that a character can't accept the same dark gift more than once. Also doesn't seem to forbid multiple PCs accepting the same gift. Obviously the detriments would stack.
>>
Is there any practical use to Eldritch Spear? Is it safe/useful to stay 300 (600 with Spell Sniper) feet away from your party and act as the designated marksman?
>>
>>46207265
There are numerous practical uses to Eldritch Spear, but it is far less likely to come up compared to other Invocations. One certainly could take such a designated marksman role, but a better option might be a high-speed character pulling hit-and-runs (Assassin 3 would be good for auto-crits on top of Cunning Action). He effectively acts as a scout and kites enemies into ambushes. Could be fantastic for an Aarakocra.
>>
>>46207330
I really, really like your idea. I think I'll have to play an Aarakocra warlock next time I'm not DMing.

Also, how does Repelling Blast work with range and multiple blasts? Let's say you took Eldritch Spear and Repelling Blast and have a range of 300 feet.
If they An enemy is 280 feet, and you're level 20 so you get 4 blasts. The first blast will push them back to 290, and then next to 300. Third will hit at 300 and push back to 310, so the last will be out of range, unless they are simultaneously fired.

In other words, do they all hit at the same time or in rapid succession?
>>
>>46207265
if you have a good DM that plays encounters well, you will likely have situations where enemies run and are capable of outrunning the party.
>>
>>46207429
I'm the DM for my party because everyone else is either bad at it or doesn't want to, so I'm asking because I love theorycrafting and I want to be able to help them make effective, fun characters.
I'm glad I'm not unusual for having the monsters flee. I'll be sure to remember that when I finally get to make a character!
>>
>>46196936
If someone was to make a guide for DMs to run the official adventures, minimizing the dms prep time, what would you like to see and how would you like to see it done?
>PotA
Organize the hooks orders, get rid of some npcs asap?
>OotA
Daily travaling organizer
>CoS
???
>>
>>46207406
According to errata, one after another, resolve each one.
>>
>>46207521
Good to know. Thank you!
>>
Are there any settings for D&D that are akin to the Greek Tragedy genre that aren't Darksun? You know, usually the world or the people the players meet have fallen into ruin through personal choice, such as war, or circumstances out of their control, such as plague?
>>
>>46207406
That is a good question that has actually come up in the GitP forums. The big question is whether you decide all the targets before the spell or if the DM allows selection after each bolt. Most, I think, run it by the latter which would indicate you can split it up similar to the Extra Attack feature.
>>
>>46207614
and preferably something that isn't super edgy? I'm looking for a more depressing tone, but not grimderp. Like perhaps a new and lesser world lives among the ruins of a world that was once much greater than their in every aspect, and the current residents know very well of this through carvings and surviving texts.
>>
>>46207667
I do it via the later as well. Makes things easier.
>>
Is there any indication that a real book is going to be released some time soon or is it just more Unearthed Arcana for the foreseeable future?
>>
>>46208021
if Wiz keeps up with how it's been doing, we should have another book in 3-4 months.
>>
First session of my new campaign went alright. It wound up being solo though, so I was having to do a lot of talking to myself as DM.

The PC arrived in town in time for the annual Reading of the Dead festival. He failed to catch a kobold thief, and then went to meet the mayor. He found out that his brother had left him a house in his will. Then the book of the dead was stolen, and the kobolds were to blame. They had sold the book to a bandit gang living in the ruins of a wizard stronghold. The PC and his NPC companion (an official Wizard of the empire) went to deal with the problem, and successfully got the book back after beating the chief to within an inch of his life.

At the ceremony, the names of the dead were read from the book, and the PC was able to have his brother's name added. Then he briefly got to see the God of Death chatting with a priest, and went to have drinks at the tavern. From the tavernkeep, he learned that his brother had died under extremely unusual circumstances.
>>
I am new to the world of tabletop role-playing games. Is 5e a good place to begin?
>>
Tell me /tg/ what do you think about this?

>Charger : +1 Strenght / When you move atleast 10 feet in a straight line, you can use your bonus action to charge, each creature in the line must suceed a STR/DEX saving throw, in case of failure the creature is consider prone.
>>
>>46208306
I'd recommend so, it's where I started.
>>
>>46207614
>>46207700
Pretty much what CoS is desu. It's not really grimdark/edgy.
>>
Is it just me or is Pact of the Tome really lackluster?
>>
>>46208970
It's just you.

On a related subject: why do NPCs never cast like Warlocks? They all seem to be Clerics or Wizards.
>>
>>46209028
Make one. NPC with pact magic makes reasonable sense.
>>
>>46209028
There's at least a couple in PotA that do that.
>>
>>46209028
Why is pact of the tome not lackluster? You get 3 cantrips and that's it.
>>
>>46209351
Cantrips from any class. That's far better than Blade and about on par with Chain.
>>
>>46208342
Really situational. Only use for it I can think of is being a halfling, moving through one enemy's space, and having advantage on melee attacks on them once I pop out on the other side (assuming they fail the save). Just make it one shove attempt as a bonus action or something, since that's basically what it is.
>>
>>46209351
Cantrips are really good.
>>
>>46199307
pissing allows attacks of opportunity
>>
>>46209351
Because it give you access to the best utility invocation in the game, Book of Ancient Secrets. Ritual casting makes you so useful to your entire team.
>>
>>46209351
>being this bad at the game

Do you even play, anon? Or do you just come on here to put your idiocy on parade?
>>
>>46210008
I've no 5e and somehow got roped into DMing a campaign for it despite never playing it. I mostly play Shadowrun and Dark Heresy. No need to REEEEEEEE
>>
>>46210222
So you haven't played the game? That's all you had to say, man.
>>
File: Hx0UBQMh.jpg (60KB, 1024x911px) Image search: [Google]
Hx0UBQMh.jpg
60KB, 1024x911px
>>46210222
Then you should probably lurk moar and refrain from asking questions anyone who can read the book could answer.

And don't be a DM for a game you have literally no comprehension of. Sad I have to explain this to an adult.
>>
File: REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.jpg (129KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.jpg
129KB, 900x900px
>>46210354
>anyone who can read the book could answer
I read the book, I've read it several times. I just didn't think some cantrips were all that great. Sperg harder Captin Autismo.
>>
>>46210553
Calm down.
I recommend reading a guide on Warlocks to get a good idea of what's good and what's not. They'll be wrong about some things, but they're generally quite good.
>>
File: 1446623658953.gif (858KB, 240x228px) Image search: [Google]
1446623658953.gif
858KB, 240x228px
>>46210553
>implying I'm mad

If you read the book, you would have seen that invocation.

Not pissed at all, m8. Just feeling bad for your future players at this point. If you can't even comprehend the PHB, how do you think you'll fare on the DMG?
>>
>>46210553
Again, it's not just about the cantrips. I personally think the rituals are even more valuable.
Here's the list of everything the invocation gets you:

Alarm
Comprehend Languages
Detect Magic
Detect Poison and Disease
Find Familiar
Identify
Illusory Script
Purify Food and Drink
Speak with Animals
Tenser's Floating Disk
Unseen Servant
Animal Messenger
Augury
Beast Sense
Gentle Repose
Locate Animals
Magic Mouth
Silence
Skywrite
Feign Death
Leomund's Tiny Hut
Meld into Stone
Phantom Steed
Water Breathing
Water Walk
Divination
Commune
Commune with Nature
Contact Other Plane
Rary's Telepathic Bond
Drawmij's Instant Summons
Forbiddance
>>
>>46210668
>how do you think you'll fare on the DMG?
I've read that too. We're already 3 sessions in and my players are enjoying it quite a bit and they've already played 5e before. When you DM across several systems, DMing on something new isn't that hard especially when you've been DM for 3.5 too many times. Get off your high horse, 5e is pretty fucking simple compared to most games.
>>
>>46209425
My thinking was your at A point, a creature at B point which is atleast at 10 feet in straight line.
Use your bonus action to charge, everything in the line including B point creature need to make a save or get prone. You move thought the space of creatures in the line, shoving everything aside in straight rush to your target creature.
I thought the charger maybe do a STR roll to establish the DC and creatures in the line choose between DEX save to dodge the charge or STR(CON?) to resist and stop the charge, consuming all lasting movespeed.
>>
What's a more interesting version of the typical "old man lives alone in the woods and has some treasure that someone else wants."
>>
File: 181.gif (2MB, 425x256px) Image search: [Google]
181.gif
2MB, 425x256px
>>46210800
If it's so simple, why did you ask such a stupid question?

Either way, the fact that you're incredibly dense is on display enough. I have my own game to run tonight, so try not to shit up your game too much with your lack of reading comprehension. Peace, faggot.
>>
File: 1354151343934.jpg (117KB, 356x450px) Image search: [Google]
1354151343934.jpg
117KB, 356x450px
>>46210931
>Reading comprehension = understanding power level
Ironic that you talk about reading comprehension when you display none. Have fun running what is most likely a generic, shitty, cliche as fuck campaign that a 5th grader could guess every plot point to.
>>
New thread >>46211019
>>
>>46210931
>being this triggered
>>
>>46210840
>You move thought the space of creatures in the line, shoving everything aside in straight rush to your target creature.
Does the feat also give you the ability to move through other creatures' spaces? Normally you can only move through the space of a creature at least two size categories larger or smaller than you. Which is why I said you'd need to be a halfling to get any use out of it, because they are small and have a special ability to move through spaces of creatures only one size category larger than them. You also have to keep in mind that another creature's space is difficult terrain for anyone moving through it.
Thread posts: 360
Thread images: 38

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.