[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How important to your character is getting credited for their deeds?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 4

File: 1458662102303.png (318KB, 712x754px) Image search: [Google]
1458662102303.png
318KB, 712x754px
How important to your character is getting credited for their deeds?
>>
>>46188352
More important than the pay he gets for his deeds, less important than the good his deeds do for others.
>>
>>46188352

If he doesn't get properly credited than he wishes he never bothered with it.

He doesn't give a shit about the good it does, and why should he? What's the point in doing the hard thing if it goes unsung?
>>
>>46188352
The less attention the better. Enough money to get by and being able to do harm upon those he despises are all the reward he needs.
>>
He's a conspiracy theorist and he'd prefer to go uncredited so he can keep poking his nose where it doesn't belong without too much attention. His only hunger is for forbidden knowledge.
>>
He prefers to be uncredited. Gotta make the others look good,
>>
>>46188352
My rogue prefers that the rest of the party gets the credit, since he specifically doesn't want a reputation (positive or otherwise). The only thing he really needs is the rest of the party to respect him, treat him fairly, and consider his opinion when making important decisions. They've never listened to him once, taken all of his help for granted, and treat him like a servant at their beck and call.He's going to enjoy betraying them to the highest bidder once they've made real enemies.
>>
>>46188352

Last major campaign I ran had a pandora's box sort of setup that the party tripped and took it upon themselves to fix, but no one would believe that a bunch of hobo adventurers were doing something so important. The party was seen as just a bunch of violent jackasses going on completely random tasks to steal, kill, or break things.

They were reviled, but embraced their fate as outlaws and took up other goals like amassing wealth and magical power. The party ultimately succeeded in sealing the curse away, and bought a boat that they more or less retired on with the wealth they earned in the process.
>>
>>46188352
If my current character gets credit for his actions things have gone very wrong somewhere along the line
>>
>>46188352
He doesn't. All he cares about is that the people he helped were helped.
>>
>>46188352
>CG Drow Rogue (thief)

Immensely. My character's stated goal is to become the greatest thief who ever lived, who will go down in history as such. Ostensibly because she finds the thrill and excitement fun, but really because she hopes that one day a stranger will see her and say:

>"You're that famous thief!"

and not

>"AAAAAHHHH! A DROW! RUN!"
>>
I am forever GM, but the main antagonist in my campaign is obsessed with power/ruling the city. Despite this he frequently doesn't bother getting credit, what matters is the effect.
>>
>>46188352
Given everything he's done, credit would probably make him feel more guilty than not.
He just wants a quiet life with his family after everything is over.
>>
>>46188352
Doesn't matter to him if he gets a good rep or not, as long as he does good and helps people. And then back to gambling and fight clubbing.

Playing a paladin of a luck god is fun.
>>
>>46188352
Depends.
Assasination and nefarious deeds? Kept secret except for the contract.

Saved the realm and got proof of it while some loudmouth noble claims he did it?
Ensure to get the credit and ruin that particular noble and his family/buisness/associates.
>>
>>46192546
>"Stop right here, criminal scum" instead of "Stop right here, spawn of the underdark"
It may not have been the best choice of career on her part.
>>
>>46188352
Of the two characters I'm currently playing, the first could not care less and the second would go out of her way to undo an act she didn't get credited for.
>>
>>46188352
Not very important. He is in it to defend a friend, nothing else matters.
>>
>>46188788
Having no reputation can be a powerful weapon, because your opponents will underestimate you. However, you'll need to make sure you kill them once they realize that they've underestimated you.
>>
>>46188352
Usually, he'll care, but if his mission is vital enough, all that matters to him is getting it done.
>>
File: 1458144155509.jpg (50KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
1458144155509.jpg
50KB, 600x800px
>>46188352
Reputation is better contracts is more money is earlier retirement. Merely getting credited is not enough, regularly making the news is.
>>
>>46197023
>override shutdown
well, if you mean THAT type of early retirement...
>>
File: 1458078680832.jpg (138KB, 947x948px) Image search: [Google]
1458078680832.jpg
138KB, 947x948px
>>46197036
It's all the tech's fault anyway. "If we take out those sinks we can bolt another ERPPC to it", he says. "It'll be fine", he says. "Trust me, I worked with clan tech before", he says.
>>
>>46188352
My character signed a contract that forces him to forfeit any credit for his (successful) actions in the current adventure to the inquisition.
>>
>>46188352
If "credit" means "people back home find out he's even alive" then HELL NO.
He's wanted for 909 counts of murder(Supposedly he "coerced" his "followers" into suicide) in his home country, and them tracking his ass down would be BAAAAD NEWS.
>>
For my D&D character? He couldn't care less. The only thing he cares about right now is the BBEG shorted him on payment. That fuckers gotta pay with blood after all the shit the character's had to put up with to get to him.

My Shadowrun character cares about being credited to the people who matter, but he doesn't want fame. He's a street level scrub, but he takes the business seriously and fame kills the business.
>>
>>46196552
Nah, see, that's not very efficient, because only an idiot underestimates an unknown. What you do is, you beat some people, then job to somebody with a lot of witnesses, then make outrageous claims of your skills. Then, you have a reputation for being a boastful weakling, and any future stuff will be written off as more boasting.
>>
File: fucking FTD.gif (267KB, 400x310px) Image search: [Google]
fucking FTD.gif
267KB, 400x310px
>>46188352
The only thing my smuggler really cares about is getting paid and getting out alive. The party is already banned from three planets, and half a dozen bars on pain of being shot on sight, due to one overly gung ho member.

In addition to a list of criminal charges that have resulted in Imperial warships interdicting our little tramp freighters. Admittedly usually due to a crime in progress. But still.
>>
>>46188352

Getting credit for removing exsurgent threats would somewhat undermine the whole secret organisation thing.

That said, she does appreciate getting I-rep and money for it.
>>
>>46188352
So long as I get paid I don't care who gets credit. I'm paid to do a job, not run a PR firm. Also being recognized is usually a downside.
>>
>>46188352
Not at all, but credit/compensation is never turned down, that'd just be rude. and he gets a kick out of whenever he tells a story of something he did and people are like "That was YOU?"
>>
>>46188352
As long as I get XP's and my fair allotment of treasure.
>>
Normally he could not care less, but since his current goal is the unification of several nations his plan involves rising rank and political status, which requires quite a lot to be credited to him, even stuff he shouldn't normally be credited for.

It's not exactly what he wants to do, he's much rather live in some backwater town making money off of hedge wizardry, drinking himself into oblivion every night and killing himself slowly with excessive smoking, but everyone else seems to be completely incompetent so he's sucking it up.
>>
She's kind of egotistical and kind of narcissistic, so she regularly claims credit for everything good the party does regardless of whether or not she was actually involved.

Suits the rogue who hates attention just fine, though.
>>
>>46188352
The French merc does not care about fame as long as he gets results and his paycheck. In fact it would be better if someone else gets the glory for whatever he has done, that just means there will be less people gunning for him in the long run.

Meanwhile the Vargr pirate is a Vargr and therefore getting recognition from the pack leader is always important to him. (Yea, he wants to be "noticed by the sempai" as the kids these days say.)
>>
>>46202470
>(Yea, he wants to be "noticed by the sempai" as the kids these days say.
that trope is probably older than you are desu
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.