[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The only reason I dont only play bard is that I hate their aesthetic

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

File: image.png (173KB, 350x212px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
173KB, 350x212px
The only reason I dont only play bard is that I hate their aesthetic
>>
>>46167649
>their aesthetic
you know, most DMs let their characters choose what they wear
>>
>>46167684
I'm talking about their abilities being music based
>>
>>46168766
For a while I played a bard whose "songs" were spread through uplifting speeches to his troops. Refluff it.
>>
File: 1449717235635.jpg (339KB, 554x837px) Image search: [Google]
1449717235635.jpg
339KB, 554x837px
>>46168766
My next character is going to have supernatural fiery oratory as his "Bardic Music". With a Morality bent straight out of the man who was thursday/ The Calendar Council. Who needs laws, Laws of the land, laws of morality, or Laws of physics.

The Jester Appearance is A necessity.

Be creative, and or reference shitloads of stuff. It makes everything less boring.
>>
>>46167649
>glowing runes appear when you cast a spell
>yes, the spell causes the symbol
>it's literally backwards and no one seems to see the problem
>now this trope is so common even respectable western media started using it
Anime was a mistake.
>>
>>46168951
Probably a misunderstanding of what is actually occurring; the Sigils are the physical manifestations of the magical formulae being pronounced, and are themselves the mechanisms of the spell.
>>
>>46167649

Then toss the lute. Have the music be them singing an ancient song of fallen warriors accompanied by the beating of a sword on a shields rim. Skald. Throat singing. Gregorian chant. There's plenty of interesting non-strumming-a-lute options with a bit of creativity.

If you're really set against any music at all just talk to your DM. Re-fluffung a bard to cast magic as if they were a sorcerer has no impact on gameplay.
>>
If only magic girl anime was considered pedophilia in Japan so we wouldn't have to see this crap.
>>
>>46167649

You just need to be playing the superior

A E S T H E T I C
>>
>>46167649
I've always wanted to play a different kind of artist as a bard. Like an Artist that paints on the battlefield and inspires anyone who can see his Art. Gives me a reason to buy a Banner and wear it into battle, because I made it myself.

There's also my life-long dream of having an all-bard party doing a Battle of the Bands combat where each of us has a different instrument (drums, guitar, base, keyboard). Roll around in the wilderness until we come across some beefy motherfucker lugging around a baby-grand on his shoulders.

There's nothing wrong with Bards. There just aren't good published archtypes for them.
>>
>>46167649
I hate the support focus. If there was a more offensive all-rounded, like a FF Red Mage, I'd like bards more.
>>
>>46168766
One of their abilities is music based.....the music. The rest is fairly normal spells and skills. Just refluff the music shit
>>
>>46176039
That's what I'm saying. I want to refluff it as bright, arcane lettering
>>
File: image.jpg (627KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
627KB, 1200x675px
>>46176936
>>
>>46176936
Ok. Do that.
>>
>>46171674
INTO MY SETTING IT GOES
>>
File: image.jpg (295KB, 854x480px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
295KB, 854x480px
?
>>
>>46177298
no.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.