[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I will play an ork in the upcoming Rogue Trader campaign. How

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: o speed.jpg (194KB, 882x630px) Image search: [Google]
o speed.jpg
194KB, 882x630px
I will play an ork in the upcoming Rogue Trader campaign. How do I get the "ork accent" right?
>>
>>46082407
Go find some video clips of random orc NPCs from WoW. I think their accent is fairly close to the 40k orks, at least enough to give you an idea.
>>
>>46082407
Talk like a soccer hooligan, throw in made-up words, all "th" noises become "f" noises.

Remember it's not just accent; it's attitude. Challenge people to headbutt competitions, be the first to fight, get really excited about bigger, choppier/shootier weapons.
>>
>>46082407
Play space marine with motherfucking Titus plenty of Orks there. Dawn of War has plenty more in it as well.
>>
>>46082461
That accent with the structure of an english football hooligan circa 1980s.
>>
listen to the dawn of war orks, which are pretty fucking perfect as far as orks go

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5UQFvqLGXVU
>>
>>46082461

Warcraft orcs are too American.

>>46082407

Cockney thugs with brain damage. Try to find some clips of Dawn of War orks, or failing that, of actual cockney thugs. There have to be some youtube vids of Milwall fans around.

Just remember to be obnoxious. Orks don't call each other "mate" or say "lovely jubbly". They call each other "git" and shout "I'll break your zoggin legz".

You'll probably annoy everyone at the table after a fairly brief period of amusement though. Fair warning.
>>
>>46082633
>You'll probably annoy everyone at the table after a fairly brief period of amusement though. Fair warning.

Played an Ork once, and I worked around it by just not talking that much. If I didn't like someone, I krumped 'im, and so on. Actions speak louder than words, as it were.
>>
Just yell DAKKADAKKADAKKADAKKA a lot.
>>
Just put your tongue to the bottom set of your teef and never remove it from there while talking.

You now have the 'accent', now you make it sound as stupid and inbred as you are able.
>>
>>46082407
BE PROPPA ORKY YA GIT
>>
What language are you playing in, and what's your native language?
>>
>>46082407
Dawn of war did the best at voicing Orks, so just try to sound like these guys
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5UQFvqLGXVU&list=PL9125D43DDA4796A1
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.