[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Your overpowered self-insert OC

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 165
Thread images: 25

File: EQFU2J5.jpg (112KB, 2075x390px) Image search: [Google]
EQFU2J5.jpg
112KB, 2075x390px
Confess, /tg/.

You had one, didn't you? When you were younger, you imagined someone like yourself, but cooler, stronger, faster, smarter. You imagined this guy/girl in all kinds of adventures, making friends with or beating up characters from your favourite games or books or cartoons or movies.

Your overpower self insert OC. Come on. Who were they? What were they like? What was some of the coolest shit you thought of about their powers or adventures, or at least cool at the time? What settings/characters did they prefer or hate? It's alright, let it out.
>>
He was just, really strong and really durable. Imagine Asura from Asura's Wrath mixed with Jugo from Naruto. Mutable bodied take. He cracked a planet in half once.
>>
>>46053148
>I wouldn't be evil,but i ain't a super hero either...

0/personnel
>>
>>46053173
What were some stories you thought of?

Hoping for the thread to fill up before I unleash my own
>>
>>46053148
>making friends with or beating up characters from your favourite games or books or cartoons or movies.
No I didn't.
I had the imagination to make up adventures of my own rather than shoehorning my character into other people's settings.
Suck my dick.
>>
>>46053148
>I would basically run the world,tell the countries to join up as one or i'll drag the sun to the earth just to watch them roast like the apes they are
>I wouldn't be evil
>>
>>46053493
Dr. Doom.
>>
>>46053148
He was just another generic forgettable edgelord, but with wizard powers slapped on. I ended up dropping him after my first session because the DM knew when to deny me and my attempts to be "cool".
>>
>>46053148
I had a really cringy Star Wars one that could use both the Dark Side and the Light Side.
>>
>>46053148
I don't think I was particularly edgy/cringey, just bland. You know, your standard "heir to an ancient noble house shirking his duty to go out into the world and find adventure" bullshit.
>>
>>46053899
I had a Sith who used six lightsabers which he pilfered from the bodies of Jedi he killed. This was before General Grievous was a thing.

He used all six simultaneously by throwing them up in the air and catching them rapidly, and sometimes using the force to swing them around telepathically.
>>
Oh boy.

Cyborg dimension traveler who also had some really ill-defined magic. Only the left side of his body was cyborg, the right was almost entirely normal but was better enhanced by his 'energy'. He artificial left eye had a usb port for connecting to his base computer and backup and store his memories.

Basically he traveled around and hung out in whatever setting I liked at the time. The one overarching plot I thought of was that he was trying to retrieve lost memories, because he had completely forgotten his life before he became a traveler and suspects that he himself deleted the memories. His magic-like energy let him empower melee weapons to be super strong, but ranged weapons to a lesser extent. Also, things with sentimental value were easier to run his powers though, which is why he used an old katana as a main weapon (I really wanted an excuse for him to use one.) I also benchmarked him to other super strong OCs at the time, he was beatable by more god tier-ones, but he had a pocket dimension base where he had a lab and grew clones of himself that would be activated and try and rescue him if he got fucked up, and take over if he died. I wasn't sure if I wanted the deleted memories to be related to him being a clone of the original.

I don't recall him fighting much, he just went around learning about stuff from settings and taking technology for himself. Using other setting magic would involved having to fuck with his left arm's equipment to emulate it, so he never really took advanced spells from anywhere Oh, and seduces waifus. For a while I got into cute girls doing cute things animu, so the excuse was that he needed to be near certain high-energy individuals to recharge. I also imagined him as a xenophile whose most extreme fling was a giant spider. Not a spider woman, just a big spider, like Dota Broodmother.

I could go on if anyone wants, I'm trying to remember more stuff I imagined.
>>
>>46054392
Why did he fuck a spider.
Why did you want him to fuck a spider.
Why not a spider girl?
>>
Unaligned mage specialized in illusion and pyromancy. He was a poor orphan raised and educated by a Yoda expy, hated and misunderstood by the magical academia for his free spirit. Not quite an edgelord, but certainly close.
>>
>>46054559
Because the spider presumably had a nice personality and comforted him. Also, to fit the image of him being really well-traveled and having very different standards and inhibitions. I recall him having implant that suppressed his libido so he could concentrate in getting important work done near cute girls, though.

Because he already enjoys fucking aliens and cute animal girls as much as he can get, he probably already has done it
>>
So my complexes have always been the opposite. I've always wanted to be small and timid, but instead I am broad shouldered and naturally strong.

For my first character I made the GM convert a sort of "flower people" to a playable race (basically hobbits, but flavorwise they were flowers magically turned into a small, human-like race by some ancient king). Oh, and I went for some sort of "exiled prince" archetype with him (my daddy issues shining through I suppose), and he was some sort "awesome, practically-invisible-when-i-wanted" spy/rogue.

i'm a guy
>>
>>46054912
Do you like dudes

I don't, but I'm sort of in a similar situation
>>
File: wolfwood.jpg (25KB, 597x408px) Image search: [Google]
wolfwood.jpg
25KB, 597x408px
>>46053148
I had a character in a freeform internet forum RPG who was physically human, but he had a special power where he always knew exactly what to do in any situation.

If he tried to use a machine, he'd instantly know how it worked and how to use it. If he picked up a weapon, he'd instantly gain master-tier fighting skills with that weapon. If he met an enemy, he instantly knew that enemy's weaknesses and how to exploit them. On top of that, he had limited future sight and was able to predict threats and opportunities that might arise, as well as knowing what moves enemies were going to make before they actually made them. Also his looks and personality were pretty much just a straight ripoff of Nicholas D. Wolfwood, because fuck year Trigun.

It was pretty funny, because it was a setting where literally everyone had bullshit powers. Like there was an ancient sorcerer who was actually a celestial dragon in human form, a super-ninja who was so powerful he chose never to use stealth or actual ninja stuff because it would make his fights too boring, a demon who was exiled from hell and became a good guy because he liked living on Earth too much, and a wizard who sold his soul to a fire demon and was literally shooting out hellfire all the time as a result, so he had to wear special armor to contain his powers. My character was basically an exercise in how to bullshit my way through any situation. He didn't even appear ridiculously OP like most other characters in that game, because physically he was just a regular human, but in practice he allowed me to do pretty much anything I wanted him to do as long as I could come up with a halfway reasonable explanation for it.

It was just harmless fun and everyone enjoyed themselves so I don't consider it especially cringeworthy.
>>
>>46053995
>Star Wars villain
>Literally juggles lightsabers to fight
This feels more like a parody commenting on how lightsabers have gotten progressively weirder.
>>
>>46054961
I have been known to like several people, including - but not limited to - dudes.

i'm bisexual, but all i really want is to be small and cute and for somebody to hug me
>>
>>46053148
It was Vampire the Masquerade.
Do I even need to go any further?
>>
>>46053148
I was always too self loathing. My insert was a moderately good looking guy with an office job.
>>
Had an ability to pick 3 weapons from any myth, universe, or fiction just before the fight.

Usual choices were gae bolg, beowulf(dmc3) and something to counter his current enemy.
>>
File: Jax McCullum.jpg (75KB, 886x902px) Image search: [Google]
Jax McCullum.jpg
75KB, 886x902px
>>46053148
I got this one character I want to play

He's like 30ish has no memory of his life and he shares a soul with an infernal creature

The nature of how they became one is unknown to him and if the demon knows it refuses to share

He has the occasional flashback to scenes he has no recollection, sometimes the creature twists them turning them into nightmares which often leave him very confused and anxious which he copes with by being an alcoholic

It's based on some class that I found on some forum like a year ago that I can't find for the life of me
>>
File: sickos.png (40KB, 152x254px) Image search: [Google]
sickos.png
40KB, 152x254px
>>46055924
Please do.
>>
My overpowered self insert MC is myself.
Really I don't even care about being the best, the strongest, the smartest, or having the most waifus.
I just want to be able to escape, go where ever I want without having to worry about consequences.
So my self insert MC is myself as an immortal shapeshifting multiverse traveler.
>>
>>46056101
>My overpowered self insert MC is myself.
That a bit redundant, isn't it? It wouldn't be a self insert if it wasn't meant to be you.
>>
Man, I'd like to be the first guy who discovers a cure for amnesia in a fantasy setting. I'd make a killing off edgy chucklefucks.
>>
File: excusemegents.gif (1MB, 224x178px) Image search: [Google]
excusemegents.gif
1MB, 224x178px
>>46056059
Oh... fuck.
LaSombra cat burglar. Resources 5, super cool cars, spend ages making obsessive MS Word docs on his lifestyle, his nightclub/apartment block/penthouse...
Of course he had a jet-black polymer straight razor as a signature melee weapon.
And to top it off he had an oh-so-sad familial abuse backstory, his sire was a beautiful but unavailable woman (the only one who could sneak up on HIM!?!?!), and he was generally a fucking sociopath.

I was 13, and I knew no better, but I am filled to the brim with regret.
>>
>>46056171
I can self insert as someone who doesn't have the same personality as me so I make the distinction.
Isn't that how you're supposed to role play a character to begin with?
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (86KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
86KB, 1280x720px
>>46053148
Basically this guy.

Always with the good guys. Sometimes helping the good guys who were about to meet a bad ending.

I felt sympathy with author when I read a comic short story some of my countrymen drew about astronaut going back in time by space magic anomaly and ended up saving Joan'd Arc from the pyre. I mean I cringed a bit but I felt camaraderie with the guy who wrote it.
>>
Oh fuck the edge. I hate what I did to him, but I still love him. Prepare for massive edge.

Let me pretype because believe me or not. I've spent... 5 years, maybe more, just adding things onto this pile of trash non stop. I also will have to go for about 30 minutes, so there's a chance I won't make it to write all of this. So if the thread dies by the time I can post again, I'll make new thread.
>>
>>46056258
That's not a self-insert, that's just a player character.

A self-insert is when you actually put yourself (or more often some idealised, powered-up version of yourself) in the story. It's when a character literally represents you-in-the-story, rather than just some character you happen to be controlling.

Of course the line is a lot more blurry in roleplaying games than it is in most fiction, because everyone lets more of themselves slip into their characters while playing than perhaps they're even aware, but the distinction is still worth making.
>>
>>46053209
I had the time he got imprisoned in a jail filled with Mutants like him... Except, ya know, he tore them to shreds. Of course, because he was an edgy stupid OC, he had a bloodlusted mode. The prison had a ranking system from D (The new kids) up to S (The people like my OC), and you had to fight in deathmatches to level up.

My OC murdered a lot of people in that prison. By the end he was stupidly powerful, like Naruto power-creep level. He picked up the giant tower that held the prison and chucked it at the moon in the form of a dragon to bring it down to Earth.
>>
>>46056350
... this explains much Mr.Carp
>>
>>46053148
I actually managed to largely avoid it. I had a self-insert snowflake OC, but he wasn't overpowered. And I have an overpowered snowflake OC, but he wasn't a self-insert.

Also I had an Animorphs fan fiction character THAT WE WILL NOT BE DISCUSSING.
>>
I mean, dirty secrets?

I still love to imagine myself as an untouchable God in various settings and such. It's silly and stupid, but it's a neat little power trip mental exercise. Mostly I just imagine fucking with the characters and being a dick than any sort of real power fantasy though.
>>
>>46056401
Oh, hello Redem. I didn't know you existed outside of OFTG
>>
>>46056522
Minion was tracking you, and WOKE ME FROM MY SLUMBER JUST FOR THIS, THE BASTARD, so I thought I'd say hello.
>>
>overpowered self-insert OC
I posted a lengthy description of mine in an old thread, so I'll link it.
>>46004001
>>46004009
>>
When I was younger, I was really into the whole "preteen discovers they have some cool power and goes to high school to learn how to harness said power". So I made this cast of characters that where supposed to be based of my friends. I was a Drake, a being that could transform into a dragon. One of my friends was the "Opal Knight" (opal was his birthstone, I thought that was so fucking clever), basically a ultramarine with shiny white armor. My sister, who was still my sister in the story, was a witch. And my best friend's little brother, this annoying little shit, was the bad guy because he was jealous that his brother had cool powers and made a deal with the devil.
>>
I would pretend to be Davy Crockett
>>
>>46053148
Started really simple as an everyman who just had the trick of being able to reincarnate and always remember everything from his past lives. He could jump from setting to setting via death/birth and usually was just a lazy helper for the heroes who would occasionally get serious darkwing duck style.
Then he started to get stronger and stronger as I hit my teens. Figured why should reincarnation be limited by time so he could show up to help himself in the present with a future self.

Then I went full retard and had him start learning setting based magic after finding a copy of Mage: the Sorcerers Crusade, picking up pocket dimensions full of artifacts, and eventually declaring that every living being was him at some point in his life and the current him just repressed the memories to stay 'sane' while pulling God-mode stuff, refused to ever ever lose.

Then I cooled down and got better about things, went back to the original concept with a side order of sliders style travel.
>>
this was made after years of watching anime and playing video games, and I have honestly only recently explored my interest in tabletop rpgs.
My OC character was part of a setting where everyone had one of eight elemental affinities that allowed them some manner of control and conjuration of their element. These eight elements were light, shadow, earth, wind, water, lightning, fire, and ice. (fire and ice eventually become more like heat, and cold in order to seperate ice from water in some reasonable manner) In this setting, my character was a shadow-user who became cursed by a mysterious, malevolent force sealed in a divine sword which he stumbled upon. This event made him the special snowflake i needed him to be. In his adventures he would make freinds, a lover and some crushes, enemies and ultimately do battle with demons, angels, and god, as is befitting of a teenagers powerwank fantasy. I'm still obsessed with this character and continue to build up his world and story in my head, though i have very little recoreded anywhere
>>
I made a Trenchcoat Tryhard type Edgelord before (I knew) those were even a thing. He wasn't *too* OP, actually.

See, I knew enough about how these characters were supposed to work that I knew how to make him at least somewhat likeable. For starters, he started off evil/misunderstood, and confrontations between himself and the heroes were mostly his fault, a fact he would *eventually* admit.

Second, while he'd constantly spout edgy rhetoric, the narrative would seldom agree with him. At best, it'd be "He has a point, and we should probably be prepared for the worst." At worst, other people in the narrative would roll their eyes at him for being an edgy fucker, and while they'd argue back if it were a serious moment, they'd either let him go on a tirade without really listening or they'd shut him down. It helps a lot that he's actually best friends with the Shounen Hero and they balance each other out. Kinda like Naruto and Sasuke, if Sasuke weren't a total shit. (This was also before I knew Naruto was a thing--maybe before it even was a thing, I don't remember.)

It also helped a lot that, while he talked a good edge game, his heart *really* wasn't in it. All in all, he was just a confused guy trying to make sense of an uncaring world, and deep down he *wanted* to be idealistic, but it had hurt him before and once burned, twice shy. So, in reality, he was less of an actual Edgelord, and more like those Chuunibyou nerds who wear trenchcoats in public and actually learn how to use a Katana. Except he actually had redeeming characteristics--though admittedly, some of those were added as I got older. However, he was always a dork.

Yes, of course he had a katana, and yes, he used it effectively in a setting with guns and superpowers and fantasy monsters with as a Badass Normal. However, many of his wins were just due to dumb luck/I don't want my character to die ever fiat.

Eventually things progressed to the point where he stopped being a Self-Insert.
>>
My Tau commander was one. He was a perpetual Maverick Who Didn't Play By The Rules, and whose only character flaw was being too good.

Throughout his training he constantly humiliated his peers and instructors with his unparalleled tactical genius, which gained him many enemies in the Empire. Despite this he became the most renowned Tau commander since Puretide and saved the Empire numerous times. I also made him use close combat tactics a lot for some reason.

Anyways he went renegade because he saw that the Ethereals were actually evil and that the greater good was really the greater bad. He broke off from the empire and founded a utopian, well-functioning democratic society. He also found some magical artifacts that were like... anti-chaos, I guess? For example he had a magic sword that made him immortal.

Anyways I write for GW now.
>>
No, I never had anything like this, because I don't have aspergers.
>>
>>46056310
I wrote 1.819 words about him.

I am in no shape to continue writing. I will do it tomorrow. Yes, I am writing entirety of his story. Yes it's edgy enough to physically hurt.
>>
My self insert was just me with the power to accelerate things, because i thought it was the coolest power
>>
>>46053148
Was anyone else into the edgy vampire teenage boy books? I remember there was one series where the author wrote it with himself as the main character: a kid who becomes a half-vampire and finds out he's the chosen one or somthing, survives against all odds, and even makes out with his own teacher who was twice his age in human years. At the end he discovers that he's destined to destroy the earth, so he goes back in time and prevents himself from ever becoming a vampire in the first place by giving his past self a journal of all the shit that went down, and the series ended with the author implying that everything that everything in the book happend in real life, it was just retconned out of reality. I think his name was Darren Shan or somthing. I thought it was the coolest stuff in the world, but now I look back on it and cringe.
>>
>>46053148
I've done that there jumpchain thing, but even then I just view it as a weird puzzle.
I'm sure I've done cringe worthy things as a kid, but I've never done that.
>>
>>46057849
How the fuck you become a half vampire?
>>
>>46058001
Only one fang, I suppose.
>>
>>46055869
I know the feel, man.

In a similar way, any characters I may are cute and usually have intentionally useless/exploitable abilities, to the point that I purposely add in extra handicaps to make her easier to mess with.
>>
>>46053148
The first character I built was God. As in the creator of my first setting. I hated seeing people riff off other settings so I never really did take from others.

It ended with my spending like 10 hours a day for a week debating on my friends on theology and the nature of free will and omniscience years before I started reading theology books. Eventually this lead to my major setting and me realizing I had somehow accidentally independently thought up way too many middle age theological arguments.

Early on though I have to admit I had no idea what the fuck I was doing. Took me years of refining to have my OC turn how I wanted and it took years before I was comfortable using him again.
>>
>>46058001
As I remember, becoming a vampire was a process. They had this whole tradition where a vampire would only gave enough blood to the person so they where literally only a half vampire. That person would then be an "apprentice", and the vampire that turned them would decide when they were worthy of becoming a full vampire. Looking back, I think it was just a way he could explain how he could be out in the sun and stuff while still having edgy powers. And in order to make it so that he didn't have to kill people, the author made this whole other subspecies of vampire called "vampine" who always had to kill when they fed, while "vampires" could just take a cup or two from a person while they slept.
>>
>>46057849
>>46058352
Cirque du freak?mc Stole a tarantula, become vampire assistant to save friend? It was School mandated trash reading for me. The edge is indeed painful if i'm remembering the same thing.
>>
>>46058192
I can feel this as well. Although, I always make characters with major (not necessarily exploitable) flaws "for roleplay reasons", but it's more about me projecting my self-image and insecurities on to the character.
>>
>>46057849
I read it but I don't remember it being that edgy.
>>
File: manga.png (15KB, 1639x120px) Image search: [Google]
manga.png
15KB, 1639x120px
>>46057849
>>46058352
>>46059080
>>46060064
I just realized it had a manga adaptation
>>
File: Doom draws Namor.png (334KB, 500x393px) Image search: [Google]
Doom draws Namor.png
334KB, 500x393px
>>46053786
Doom is literally the perfect ruler. Latveria is literally paradise. Why haven't all the other countries joined him yet?
>>
>>46057110
How old are you?
>>
I played a human hacker/detective with fire-elemental powers in a kitchen-sink modern fantasy-ish forum-based freeform game.

Silly shenanigans happened alongside my sidekick, a ditzy-blonde pixie with a love for raspberry fizz, and sometimes the bartender of a local biker bar who just happens to be the fruitiest vampire you ever could imagine
>>
>>46053148
I remember it was supposed to be my brother and I fighting robots across a country. It was inspired by Samurai Jack and the Megaman Zero games. He used two swords and I would use two revolvers that transformed into a sniper rifle. I used to draw maps of the land, and each land was separated into different sectors: plains, forest, desert, mountains and the like. The end of each sector had a boss fight which was a robot animal. It was all to reach a tower at the end for some mysterious reason. Here's the kicker though.

I have no brother.

Being a friendless only child sucked.
>>
File: Lee_Pose.png (2MB, 1388x1050px) Image search: [Google]
Lee_Pose.png
2MB, 1388x1050px
>>46053148
Playing a Star Wars RPG in high school, our DM wanted no Jedi.

So I made someone who figured out how to build his own lightsaber, and trained to be proficient with it. He had no force powers, but was pretty good at sabering shit.

I likened him to Rock Lee.
>>
File: 1372992480595.jpg (97KB, 1058x705px) Image search: [Google]
1372992480595.jpg
97KB, 1058x705px
>>46053148
Just earlier today my character...
-Claimed the Kusanagi
-Killed a haunted house into a Phoenix
-Tampered with the biological makeup off all humanity
-Tentacle raped the fabric of space-time

This campaign has gone a bit completely off the wall.
>>
>>46053148
Oh well, let's do this walk of shame.
He was this rogue corsair, who had ice powers and used an ice rapier.
He looked like Sakura's older brother from CCS, but clothed like a corsair(sans hat).
He was cold and calculating, and was nearly invincible since ice powers at the sea are OP as fuck.
>>
>>46053148
He was basically just Ryu from Breath of Fire 2 but with a bigger sword and no pony tail.

Dragons are cool, fighters are cool, and healers are always handy. I was always trying to find an excuse to have a dragon transformation of some kind.
>>
>>46057740
this.
what the fuck is wrong with you people?
>>
best system to create overpowered self inserts?
>>
>>46062160
FATAL.
>>
>>46062160
Freeform forums
>>
>>46053148
I never made a character that was me. Because i consideted myself undalvageable I always made sure my steel donuts were completely different than myself.
>>
>>46062160
Anything World of Darkness. The setting is a bit too attractive to edgy emo tweens in the first place, so it fits the general types of Mary Sues they make.
>>
>>46053148
>used to be way into bleach/nurutu/other shonen shit
My characters reflected that with all the terrible outcomes that entails.
>still into bleach.
I'm always one game away from doing it again. Send help.
>>
>>46057510
Me too, it's just too fun

>>46054392
>>
>>46056501
Me too.
I imagine him capturing characters and experimenting on them. Like, a character with, say, a suppressed savage side they'd work hard to hide? He'd force them to reveal it or relive trauma and such. Not for malevolent reasons, there'd be some bullshit excuse that he's trying to help, or he's just collecting data and will erase their minds afterwards. Or he'd reveal whatever threats he was making were a bluff and compensate them afterwards.
>>
File: 1456989229245.jpg (258KB, 750x673px) Image search: [Google]
1456989229245.jpg
258KB, 750x673px
>>46060497
Tell me more.
>>
>>46053148

Mary Sue he was, I suppose - self insert or not.

Mine was an old scimitar wielding wanderer. In a lot of ways I tried to shape him to be someone who isn't much stronger than the average joe, but fairly skilled and competent in situations that would spell death for others.

He would have bursts of youth that would sometimes put him on par with the strongest characters.
>>
>>46063144
Why a scimatar? Did young-you just think they were cool?
>>
>>46063220

Pretty much.

I mean, curved-swords man.

CURVED.

SWORDS.
>>
>>46058252
Though rethinking this reminds me of the old days when I had time to play roleplaying games.

I still remember being able to have games where one character gave a vast family tree of legendary deeds his forefathers did in games we played years ago. That in setting was hundreds of years in the future and turned into myths. We filled likely ten or more thousand pages of story from the creation of the world to the worlds ending.

And it all started because a future furry liked dungeons and dragons and wanted me to join him. Which evolved over time as we got into silly cosmological conversations on the nature of the settings we liked to build.

Even if I was pretty young and did some pretty bad early designs I'm glad I at least was able to do that before getting stuck living at my workplace.
>>
File: DOOM does as he pleases.jpg (125KB, 1022x347px) Image search: [Google]
DOOM does as he pleases.jpg
125KB, 1022x347px
>>46063114
Latveria is essentially communism on paper everyone there lives better than the average upper class american. Not only this but Doom has mastered science and magic and has fused the two. Latveria is so good that in the Marvel Zombies universe it lasted longer than the helicarrier. When Nick Fury asked if he wanted help from the zombie plague earlier on Doom said no. He is honestly one of the most powerful characters thats just a man in Marvel. Also he has a robot army
>>
File: Doomsmug.png (48KB, 130x125px) Image search: [Google]
Doomsmug.png
48KB, 130x125px
>>46064367
That fucking smug smile from doom always makes me laugh
>>
>>46053148
When I was that age I made ironically stupid/incompetent characters. None that were really self-insert, but they were usually named after my online handle.
>>
Big ol' animalistic lizardman anti-hero, bred to be an assassin, but instead he joined the side of good but he KILLS because ITS THE ONLY THING THAT WORKS and also murder is super cool. Superstrength, armour, regeneration, camouflage, venom-spitting, and that weird thing horned toads can do with their eyes.

I find it difficult to completely to toss old characters, so I've tried to make him less cringey - give him a personality more in line with an abused attack dog with human intelligence crossed with a desire to do good mixed with a programmed killer instinct and violent reflexes, as well as making him borderline illiterate and giving him a minefield of installed psychological triggers such as electricity, paisley patterns and the smell of lavender that send him into a shut-down/panic&cower state. Don't think it's worked.
>>
File: Lizard_by_Ashere.jpg (186KB, 1440x1056px) Image search: [Google]
Lizard_by_Ashere.jpg
186KB, 1440x1056px
>>46064764
>>
File: everything is great.png (363KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
everything is great.png
363KB, 400x300px
>>46064367
>>
>>46063144
Holy fuck, are you me? That's a cowboy outfit and pyromancy from being my shitty OC.
>>
>>46053148
I never had a self-insert, but I had this fairly harmless plant monster, which left behind indestructible seeds when killed, which rapidly grew into vines, which spawned more of the plant monster.

I ended up wasting a lot of time in stupid combat roleplays where people would get extremely frustrated trying to have their badass self-insert kill all the plant monsters.
>>
>>46057849
>even makes out with his own teacher who was twice his age in human years.

As opposed to vampire years? Or dog years?
>>
>>46053148

We had a game with a system (to keep it from being too OP freeform bullshit) but my insert basically had the power to go into weird trances that unlocked a hidden store of divine knowledge in his head and made him capable of nearly anything.

That wasn't his "real" power, though, since that wasn't much good for actual play. I used the knowledge power to give him the ability to build an exo-suit that had a variable powerset (fluffed as actually being a WARDROBE of supersuits accessed via the same quantum hibbidy-jibbidy as his super-knowledge).

System kept it from being OP (just regular power armour with a variable mod, plus the ability to temporarily boost my knowledge skills at the cost of basically relinquishing control of my character for a while).
>>
>>46057713 #

>anyways I write for GW now

kek, good one
>>
Guys, are you ready for a Sonic OC for autism?

So, created this guy as a sucessor to a version of Sonic I had made up for games I played in my head. He was kinda me, abducted by aliens and experimented on. Hedgehogs were the strongest beings in the universe at the time for their super forms, so he was being made into a powerful bioweaoon with copying adaptability powers just to test of they could do it. At the end of the transformation he broke out (think I made it Jak 2 style) and busted through a wall and somehow ended up on an alien planet that had some open fields sorta like a Desian (whatever the bad guys from TOS where) ranch next to a city that was somewhat mechanized. He fought failed clones of Sonic, Tails, and Knuckles named Chronic, Knackles and Tain because they were sent to stop him or just mad at him.

He beat them up, but teleported to Namek to meet Goku and Cetera and final form Frieza. He learned the Kameheha by getting taught by Goku for a few seconds before Frieza attacked again. He then was teleported to the Treehouse base (a giant tree made into a house by Tails and adapted from the Freedom Fighter base at the beginning of the Archie Comics) and met Sonic and co. and learned the new forms he had mastered.

That was the start of his journeys of gaining super forms and powerful items and accolades. Notable points of his adventures where his ex girlfriends having wars over him (this was before I understood harem dynamics and stuff), two girlfriends resurrecting, mastering KameSenDouken (You can guess what that is, though I was inspired by the cat girl in MÄR to put them together), going on a murder spree in a dimension consisting of OCs when I discovered other Sonic OCs (and I had made him firmly not-me by then but still influenced by me) and going on Dark is not Evil campaigns trying to explain that to regular people when portals to worlds of darkness opened and affected things.

(Continued in another post)
>>
File: JP-ROBOT-1-superJumbo.jpg (809KB, 2048x1323px) Image search: [Google]
JP-ROBOT-1-superJumbo.jpg
809KB, 2048x1323px
It was a machine intelligence that liked to run robot factories and build subterranean server farms to live in. And then cut up bits of it's personality and mess with them and put them in robots and basically play dollies with armies of robot drones, or sometimes put on choreographed musical numbers.

>tfw no rythm.
>>
>>46066232
His most notable girlfriend that was one of the resurrected ones also became super powerful but only had about 1 or two superforms. She was a blue skinned space cat girl (as in the kind not as much far down the furry scale the the Sonic cast is) with white hair whose race normally had their ears and tails hidden inside them unless they were around ethose they trusted (catboys were a thing too because I don't really make mono gendered races often). She was from a family with powerful... magic I think. She came to him amd comforted the hero when the princess/Queen of the dark realm was assassinated (his latest girlfriend). She bonded with him so much that she got a Love Love Tenkyoken with him after she made it to her letoard costume (no particular fetish for the costume, just liked how Fiona Fox looked at Scourge's debut). She helped him fight evil clones and all sorts of bad guys.

And she kinda became my waifu before I knew what a waifu was. It was great until I realized that this was my own creation so I was kinda noped outta there and shifted attention to Mizore Shirayuki and then Saya and Aversa.

All in all, it was the craziest stuff I did before I discovered Demonbane and then Jumpchain. My Jumpchain character is now way stronger than my OC.
>>
>>46063220

I suppose this kind of deserves further illumination.

A scimitar is objectively less edgy than a katana with all of the mystique. So I guess it was more or less a device to indicate that he was well-traveled.
That, and CURVED FUKIN SWORDS M8.
>>
He (or rather, I) was the leader of a glorious Sci-fi empire which was conquered in never ending glorious campaigns.

This was before I knew what 40k was.
>>
>>46060497
Funny thing about freedom is that people like it.
>>
File: xion-br3-2.jpg (676KB, 1600x1600px) Image search: [Google]
xion-br3-2.jpg
676KB, 1600x1600px
I often used this character as a reference. I'll leave you to imagine what edgy badly written mary sue horrors I came up with.
>>
>>46053148

He was a school shooter.

I only had one gun, and not enough ammo, though. I gave up after I realized I would never be able to kill as many people as I needed to, even if I had bombs.
>>
>>46053148
All things considered... the closest thing to 'overpowered self-insert' would be my Sims character.

>'InternetNick Primus'
>Green and black hair
>Ambitious, book-lover, charismatic, intelligent
>Acquires wealth by seducing rich peoples' wives then divorcing her, evicting them and selling the house
>Character's brother is 'BrothersName Primus', dresses like and acts like a butler
>Hot wife with purple and black hair
>Black suits
>>
>>46053148
I had one when I was younger but thank Satan I never had too bad edgelord phase.

He was for a modern setting, a guy who fell through dimension due to lab explosion and fused to some extraplanar entity. He could warp space around him, eg change distances, raise and lower temperature, change light levels and manifest some features of alien landscape like angry tentacles or random streams of plasma.

He didn't have perfect control and had to focus to gain resistance against the more malign manifestations. The range wasn't too huge either though he could make room many times larger in the inside than outside but the effect wasn't noticeable from outside of its range.
>>
>>46053148
The "top dogs" of the group of people I associated with back in my freeform days all had flawless bullshit gary stus that never lost at anything.

I chose to be the punchbag jester whose only redeeming factor was his regeneration factor. Deadpool, without the "is good at stuff" part, really. Just an average dude who was tough as nails and bounced back from almost anything you did to him, just not for comedic effect. The only cool things he ever did was played with the idea of guided regeneration, ie modifying the body by forcing rapid generation of tissue. Extra arms, wings, bone spines, venom glands, not even gonna deny the double penis. We all went there you name it. It kept fight scenes interesting despite that I was the jobber and gave me a lot of leeway to experiment with writing nonhuman body language in noncombat scenes.

Played out scenes with the douchebags anyway, had some fun, and ended up good lifelong friends with the other turbonerds who now comprise my main group nearly a decade later while the assholes who were only interested in asserting dominance rotted. I hear one of them killed himself a few months after the chatroom we used closed down because he was so maladjusted that picking on people in freeform RP was his only vent. Poor kid. It feels weird knowing that for a while I may have been the only person keeping him from doing it, because nobody else outside the 1% circlejerkers would so much as interact with him anymore.
>>
Had a slew of characters I would make up and write little stickguy comics for.
One of them was a Vampire named Vann fucking ashamed who would go on a Castlevania-esque adventure and save the world.
Another one had a ripoff Zelda adventure.

All of these continued until I decided to try out something original.
I passed the comics out among my friends and let them write little comments on the end pages. I have them somewhere but I don't have a way to scan them or anything.
>>
For most of my high school years I'd fantasize about a setting focused around a superhero named Guyman, who'd survived an apocalypse in another world and come to the current one. He'd live as a depressed homeless man who'd transform like a Kamen Rider. He mostly wore heavy coats, a mask, and gauntlets with transformative powers.
One of his friends was Twilight Man, an astronaut who had almost died in orbit around space, but got resurrected by bacteria living in the radiation belts, who integrated the technology in his ship into his body to transform it into a colony for the bacteria. He had the powers of flight, greater strength, and could spread the bacteria out to act as nets or break down matter, inspired by Moonlight Butterfly from Turn A Gundam.

DESU my characters have always been restrained since I was into 4chan by proxy of ED at age 12, when it was mostly about cataloguing memes and making fun of furries, various internet losers, and had a fair amount of terrible OCs that ingrained a sense of restraint with my characters since then.
>>
>>46064367
Reminder that Jack Kirby based Latveria's first appearance on the village from the The Prisoner.

Latveria was later upgraded to a paradise where the people don't live in constant fear of Doom but instead worship him as a god-king by writers that waifu doom like Jonathan Hickman.
>>
>>46053148
Closest and probably most broken I've got is my first character who I built off one of them stat quizzes, but went from not!me to not me pretty quickly once character development happened and I was able to build a backstory for the guy.

Didn't become overpowered until the new player commandeered the campaign after I accidentally made the old GM quit from sheer butthurt he was baiting hard, and was kind of a dick anyway where he made most of the party Planeswalkers. Now he casts 3.5 splatbook ranger spells with druid level progression and has a permanent fly speed. Though he still sucks with anything not a magic bow when in combat. Really his only use is "make sure we don't starve if we're travelling", "wildlife trivia", and "shoulder to cry on"
>>
>>46053899
That's not in itself cringy, though.
>>
>>46056207
>Of course he had a jet-black polymer straight razor as a signature melee weapon.
Oh sweet Jesus yes.
Please tell me he recited quotes from Sweeney Todd
>>
Yoshiko Hiwatori, Half-Zombie Voodoo mage.

She was made when my ex wanted a companion for her OC, and she started as just a girl with long brown hair and D cups with no personality, over RPs she developed into a girl with zombie blood (could detach and reattach limbs at will) and had a voodoo zombie form that gave her enhanced dark magic and turned her into the sutured style undead for powers and a flirtatious side.

The ERP was damn hot too
>>
>>46053148
I had this one character that ended up, in one timeline, destroying the atmosphere of a planet because he was a powerful... Something. I wanna say it was at controlling the wind, but I don't remember too much about that arc.

Main timeline wasn't much better. On top of allying with that universe's Not!Batman ripoff, he was best bud with a bunch of world leaders and had saved them all on numerous occasions. He was skilled at gunplay(Gun Kata levels of obnoxious), wielded a katana that held the spirit of a Phoenix inside of it (idea stolen from FFXI:CoP), and was also a powerful magic user who specialized in suffocating opponents with wind magic. He fucked mad bitches and everyone thought he was cool.

I think I killed him off by having him fight Not!Batman in a battle that set off an explosion that killed them both. Not like it mattered, since I always seemed to find a way to resurrect dead characters since working on something halfway decent would have taken skill.

I still kind of use parts of the worldbuilding I did with him, but the Naruto levels of power creep are gone and most of the characters I wrote back then are either gone or were completely rewritten. Good times. Maybe one day I'll write something original.
>>
>>46062880
>>
>>46069033
>I don't have a way to scan them or anything.
Got a camera phone?
>>
>>46056501
I've always liked the idea of being a demigod of justice or something. I'd show up all over the land righting wrongs and bringing justice to the people. I'd take the form of a normal person but with one ability. I can't think a word for it so i'll try to explain the best i can.
I'd be (seemingly) infinite physical power. Like if he was an exception for the laws of physics, maybe a manifestation of karma which ignores the material world's rules in order to catch up to and punish people. I also imagined him to be perfectly bald. Basically if Saitama was Ulric the Just.

I wrote some of this character's stories a few years ago when i was in highschool. I'd post one to give you an idea of how much of a teenager i was but they're in slav runes and i can't be bothered to translate them.
>>
>>46053148
i had an adorable sex ninja that got into all sorts of legal shenanagans.

however he did always split the loot fairly.
>>
>>46070442
That book is the last bit of humor left in White Wolf after it went full Onyx Path, squeezed out moments before Justin Achilli crushed the last bit of self-awareness in the whole setting and replaced it with cheap player-pandering.
It's really up to the individual which edition they think is the edgiest - the self-consciously 90's gore-spattered grimfest of oWoD or the pretentious, painfully serious artsy delusions hiding just yet another superpower martyrdom masturbation race that was the nWoD.
>>
>>46054392
Continuing

He was a good at disguises and scouting, since he could use his powers to create illusions to cover him, or create entirely new bodies of different species and have his brain transplanted to fit in wherever humans didn't exist. The spare bodies would be modified similarly to his original, cyborg left side. Come to think of it it came about because my vision was worse in my left eye and I thought it'd be cool if I augmented my whole left side.

He flirted with lots of girls of different species, but the only one to make him settle down for a very long time was a pony. Fuck, has it been that long since 2010?

For comedy I imagined him taking very good care of his genitals, having lots of backup of sperm and absolutely terrified at the thought of his dick being hurt. He never actually bred, though.

The pocket dimension base he could jump back to at any time meant he pretty much never had to fight. I also imagined it being super comfy, with an ideal bedroom, bathroom, kitchen, cool computers and equipment and farms with artificial climate. He has to go out and charge energy from being near certain characters to power himself and all this, though. Also, he had to wait several days to make his pocket dimension travel like a ship from one universe to another. I had this idea because of how slow torrenting new animu and vidya was at the time.

I did toy with the idea of taking the OCs I disliked most and having my character fight them to stop them ruining somewhere he liked.
>>
He was a lizardman ninja with three katanas (one that he wielded with his tail) as well as a pair of pistols with unlimited ammo. He could defeat Bloodthirsters (I was into 40k like most stupid teen nerds) single handed but was cursed to wander from dimension to dimension, always hoping that the next jump would be the one home.

I cringe thinking about it.

I still make up characters in my head a lot that are totally Mary Sue self inserts, but I have the good grace to realise how silly they are now.
>>
So when I first got into roleplay I was super into Dragon Ball....

I never wanted to be the iron fist ruler or straight up best, but I wanted to be the "protagonist" like everything was an anime. My first character was basically me, a monk a couple years older (I was 12 at the time) and at first I tried to play him as Goku in the beginning of Dragon Ball, heightened sense of smell and all. He was also a complete idiot, because A) it was fun and B) I never wanted to roleplay a smart character back then because they did BORING stuff like not fighting and talking and also because I knew I wasn't smart enough to pull one off

He also saw his whole family killed before his eyes, because I needed a reason for a 14 year old to be able to just be out and about in the world since chances were his family wouldn't let that fly. So I killed them all. He had 0 trauma due to that and was still a complete goofball.

Also he had a story with dragons because his grandpa was a dragonologist high wizard or some shit, and gave him a diamond necklace with a sapphire dragon in the middle. Supposedly it was to mark him as a "friend of dragons" but luckly I never had the chance to expand on that.

Also his eyes turned blue when he was angry.

The one thing I can be relieved about though is that he lost or failed at so much, and my whole dragon friend shit never got to be played out, that he was probably just a harmlessly over the top character instead of an obnoxious mary sue, and my group never shat on me over him. Good times.
>>
>>46067555
I don't want to start a whole OT discussion, but

>tfw the PC movement is pushing for censorship and government power and the answer is thunderous applause
>the only chance to change that is that people wake up and start using critical thinking for something other than circlejerking in favor of the left
>universities in the US are rotting from the inside with the leftist plague and infecting ones in Europe as well
in my experience, people don't like freedom: they like living easy without having responsibilities or making real choices; hence the push to increase welfare, minimum wage, general governmental help and dismissing excellency in favor of mediocrity. Not all of this is bad, to be sure, but the combination is worrying.
>>
>>46053148
I think none of my self-inserts were really OP.

I had one who was secretly related to the previous big bads of the setting. But he was kind of a failure/loser, his smarts undercut constantly by his lazyness and bad attitude. Even his combat-pet was a failed, constantly rebellious experiment.

The other was for a fighting-game-verse, but he was supposed to be balanced with the rest of the cast so... hell, he was probably less healthy than me.
>>
>>46070481
Some of us here understand slav runes, ya know.
Post?
>>
I had a character named Sword, a genetic superhuman prototype (his name was the project name) with a cyberarm filled with gadgets and a katana, who escaped his lab, and kicked ass, generally an edgy white hat.

Now, I GM Shadowrun, and write science fiction.
>>
>>46053148
>When you were younger
When I was... younger, sure. That is a technically true statement.
>>
>>46053148
Blondie-tier plot armor
highschool was rough
>>
>>46071774
What, still have it?
Let it out.
>>
>>46053148
>projecting this hard
I didn't have any self insert because I didn't *need* any self insert. I was pretty certain in the belief that I was a god or a hero or a champion of some dark force already.

I had a lot of overpowered "characters" I played as in games of pretend -- but they lived in overpowered worlds.
>>
>>46053148
I've literally never had an overpowered self insert OC. I have had overpowered characters. They were not intended to be special snowflakes at any point.
>>
>>46067555
No they don't you indoctrinated piece of illiterate shit.

People generally don't give a shit about freedom. You can tell by the fact that literally no country in the history of the world has been free. And most of them have been very un-free.

The majority were fine under the USSR. The majority were okay with Fascism. The majority were down with absolute monarchy. The majority were not against the Roman Emperor as a concept.

Stop telling lies to make yourself feel good.
>>
File: Look at all the plebs out today.png (241KB, 288x509px) Image search: [Google]
Look at all the plebs out today.png
241KB, 288x509px
>>46070630
>lol the left is so unfree right?
>let's support the right

This is without touching your delusion that people are circlejerking in favour of the left. It constantly astounds me that people can trick themselves into thinking they're the plucky persecuted underdog in any situation.
>>
File: images(3).jpg (6KB, 299x168px) Image search: [Google]
images(3).jpg
6KB, 299x168px
It was a very edgy pony of myself that although being very normal, with no abilities to fly or do magic and was actually pretty physically weak he was a secret messenger agent who had the power to change his age at will. I though myself a good writer at the time and took the chance to improve my english, resulting in some very detailed morbid scenes, darkness and even some raunchiness, completely shameful, but a bit interesting in retrospective

I was 17 I think, perhaps that's why it was cringe as fuck but not a mary sue
>>
>>46070318
I'm trying to remember the details (and trying just as hard not to). He looked human, but was actually some sort of shapeshifting liquid creature. The 'liquid' was supposed to be life essence incarnate, which was called 'biomatter' because I was too young and stupid to know that was already a real thing. Being made of 'biomatter' naturally made him immortal and the strongest force-user in history. Being able to use both the Dark Side and the Light Side obviously doubled his power with no downsides, and was something only he could do. Rather than eating food, he absorbed energy (or maybe just heat?); these two combined made him immune to most every form of attack. He might also have supposed to have been some sort of flying insect creature covered in a sheathe of 'biomatter' to look human, but I don't think I ever decided for sure if I wanted that.

His backstory was very silly. He was from another galaxy. There was some energy-absorbing race that were maybe insects, and their planet's orbit decayed and they ended up living in their sun because they could absorb energy, but then the sun exploded and that kill off their race, but instead of just killing them it sort of fused their life forces together because reasons, possibly around a single individual. So he sort of was both the last survivor of his race and the entirety of his race. The explosion launched him out of his galaxy into the Star Wars galaxy.

He had a gold lightsaber and the fastest freighter in the galaxy, which was armed like a Star Destroyer. It was armored like the Sun Crusher, and he had a suit of armor made of the same stuff, even though he was immune to physical harm. He might also have been in charge of this hugely powerful secret empire, which included a clone army and the Star Forge.
>>
File: Mostly Armless.jpg (113KB, 500x566px) Image search: [Google]
Mostly Armless.jpg
113KB, 500x566px
>>46053148
Although I had one guy.

He was me. Literally me. The deal was -- I'd be immortal. Physically unable to die due to ability. No matter what was thrown at me I'd get over it, one way or another. Usually through the power of sheer determination -- I was pretty convinced that I was determined enough to just not die.

And I'd get thrown out of this world. Why wasn't known. I'd have to travel through all the fictional universes I'd known in my old life, and then I'd have to leave them forever.

The deal was I'd go mad. I'd have to fight and kill my way through a thousand worlds, killing the Old Ones (Earthsea) and Wintermute and Paul Atreides (seriously, fuck that guy) and so on. And all the innocent normal people caught in between. All while searching desperately for a way back to my family, and my friends, and everyone and everything I'd ever known.

It was pretty Sue. I'd basically out-anger any fictional character I didn't like.

His point was that he was entirely normal. He *was* me. A human against -- gods and elves &c. I even had a fucking speech.
>>
I wrote a lot of terrible Dragonball Z fanfiction about a blatant self-insert Saiyan. Weirdly, I never made him Goku-tier powerful, he was always kind of an underdog who just won anyway because I was a really terrible writer at 10 years old.

Oh, and terrible fanfiction about the Lin Kuei adopting me into their clan and making me the next Sub Zero. Christ that's cringeworthy.
>>
I imagined I had control over organic material and I became like the zerg, traveling through space seeding life and conquering worlds.
>>
>>46053148
nuh
>>
>>46072717
>people circlejerking in favour of the left
>delusion
Have you been to a college campus in the last five years?
>>
>>46073006
Have you been on the internet or talked to literally anyone at all in the last five years?

Also yes. A lot of people were Trumpmemers or Sargonkiddies.
>>
I'm fairly sure my young OC was me, but a cool mix of John Hammond and Dr Grant, both from Jurassic Park.

I'd be as smart as John Hammond and make dinosaurs, but I'd have the savvy and not-quite-action-hero powers of Dr Grant to keep the Dinosaurs happy and stop them breaking out and eating everyone. Not particularly powerful or awesome, but I thought it was the dogs bollocks.

My youth was basically just watching Jurassic Park.
>>
>>46067555
Freedom isn't something easy to define. People want to do what they want, obviously, but there's always consequences that hamper it. Someone has to pay for things. Someone might infringe on your freedom with his own.

In the end, you can't be truly free if you don't have slaves. Slavery is always tempting because people think they will end on top of it.
>>
>>46073055
Nigga you need to read a book.
>>
>>46053148
My OC is not a self-insert (i tried to make it not a self-insert).
He got his powers from a new universe forming around him which granted him immortality, the ability to travel between universes and the power to manipulate reality which mostly took form of energy-manipulation or magic depending on in what kind of universe he was at the time.
I fluffed his ability as not unique and that many others had the same ability thanks to the process of gaining it being a very rare natural phenomena but since the multiverse is a big place that meant there still were many others with the same power-set.
I also decided that people with this power start of pretty weak and that they became more powerful as time went on.
I also decided that they don't start of immortal meaning that they only stop aging at first and that they become immortal much later, this wasn't completely immortal only virtually impossible to kill.
I decided this was because after a certain point the universe that formed around these people eventually could support their consciousness without their body and that the body from that point more or less only being an avatar.

The OC was a few 100 billion year old fucking around in different universes (mostly sightseeing) trying not to develop a god-complex that those with the same powers are prone to getting.

I was inspired by the GURPS 4th ed player-handbook.
>>
The most OP I got was a Mihawk wannabe or a shaman from Shaman King with a holy fire phoenix
>>
I've never made a self insert, but I've made plenty of ridiculously overpowered NPCs as a GM.

All of which were female and completely magical realm.
>>
>>46053148

I used to write comic in like middle school.

It was pretty much just me, but I could do magic and shit. I remember every spell had to be presented as a magic show, so it amounted to me putting on "shows" for various characters and ultimately murdering them with the prestige.

They got pretty convoluted and bizzare.
>>
When I was a kid, I used to have a scarily vivid imagination, to the point that I sometimes hallucinated weird monsters and creatures in the shadows. Eventually I started imagining myself with shining golden claws and wings, so I could tear the monsters apart. I also conjured spirit animals to guard me; a pair of leopards, and a bird that I wanted to be a harpy eagle but which always manifested as an eagle owl.

Sometimes they'll still come to me when I'm stressed. The leopards will sit at my feet, watching the door, and the owl perches on the window ledge.
>>
File: 2267-25998-3953.jpg (17KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
2267-25998-3953.jpg
17KB, 320x240px
I self-insert myself as the bad guy in every game I run because I have crippling self-image and self-esteem issues. I fool myself into thinking this will allow me to destroy the things I don't like about myself, but all it does is prove to me that I'm worthless human trash not fit for existing.
>>
>>46053148
>When you were younger, you imagined someone like yourself, but cooler, stronger, faster, smarter.
more female too.
>>
Shota boy with healing powers. To be exact, he'd steal damage from you and regenerate it away.
>>
File: Pangde-dw7art.jpg (288KB, 485x720px) Image search: [Google]
Pangde-dw7art.jpg
288KB, 485x720px
>>46053148
I used to love Dynasty Warriors as a kid. My self insert was Ma Chao's best friend and his most trusted general and a valiant warrior. Because shit happened he was forced to leave his lord and join Cao Cao, and eventually became one of his top generals.

When I got more into Romance of the Three Kingdoms, I realized that he was pretty much Pang De with a different name.
>>
>>46073104
Are you sure they're not self-inserts?
>>
>>46073471
Is this a weird thing? When your self-insert is a girl? I'm asking for a friend btw.
>>
>>46073617
Yes.

Just look at the CYOA general.
>>
>>46073550
When the empires spin offs were made I started to self insert as the Leader of a Harem Faction. Women and the lady-men only.
>>
>>46073617
Let me put it this way, I contemplate transitioning.
>>
Is it ok to put your old PCs into your campaign as quest givers and villains?
>>
>>46073844
My god this is brilliant
>>
>>46053148
2nd character I made in 3.5 dnd and he was a self insert and inspired by Artemis Entreri.
>Make lv1 bad ass mc fuckcunt
>Go fighter with dual wielding talents because you know 2 attacks so op
>Cannot fucking hit anything with my longsword or short sword
>Constantly fucking up all the time and making mistakes IC and OOC
>Get to lv2 and still suck ass while never hitting anything and the half-orc fighter has to carry my ass because he can hit things
>Look up to older Half-Orc fighter as like a big brother
>He gets captured by the city guard because someone was rude to him
>My dumb ass and the bard try and break him out
>She seduces the guard and I get him out by making fucking bad sneak checks
>Everyone fucking heard me and the whole city guard are outside
>I offer to duel the enemy commander to free my friends
>I win initiative in a rare moment of rolling well
>I roll my dice to attack the commander
>2x ones on the die
>End up running at the commander and throwing both of my swords in opposite directions just as I tried to hit him
>DM and the entire table just look at me with these looks of did that just happen and what the fuck
>Im a deer in headlights looking at the GM/DM
>He rolls to attack with the commander
>Crits me so hard he pierces my heart and kills me instantly
>Team got about 5feet running away before I got killed
>Im still just dumbstruck and looking at the GM/DM
>He shows mercy on our dumbasses by saying the commander is honoured at my 'bravery' to defend friends
>The commander lets them go and they keep playing as Im still just looking around the room not knowing wtf just happened
>>
>>46053148
He was actually fairly tame. Had electricity powers, with all the ridiculous brokeness that implies for someone who knows what they're doing with it. He did. It wasn't DBZ power level or anything, thankfully, but he checked out near everything on the power fantasy checklist. Living on his own estate, not being a part of the government but they're too scared of him to do anything about him, etc. He was only moderately edgy, to be perfectly honest. All in all, not entirely that embarrassing.

Until you put in the fact that he was based in the POkemon setting and had literally no reason for being a superhero in a world where humans don't get those.
>>
>>46056413
>Also I had an Animorphs fan fiction character THAT WE WILL NOT BE DISCUSSING.
Do tell.
>>
>>46056624
Sounds like a RWBY OC, desu.
>>
File: armor soon.jpg (111KB, 715x600px) Image search: [Google]
armor soon.jpg
111KB, 715x600px
>>46056413
>Also I had an Animorphs fan fiction character THAT WE WILL NOT BE DISCUSSING.
you really think you can say something like that and get away with it here mate?
spill the beans
>>
Not really a self insert, but I occasionally imagined myself as this one character when I was bored enough or stressed enough. Was actually very mundane, now that I think about it. Only powers were wielding an oversized/impractical polearm of some kind, and 'negative energy'/'positive energy' magic. And the magic pretty much boiled down to black/white beams that hurt/healed things.

Guess I was more into the escapism angle than the power fantasy angle. I guess the 'cringy' part would be: when my life got particularly shitty I'd imagine I was actually the character, but my enemies had imprisoned me somewhere and trapped my mind in the real world to keep me out of their hair or break me or something similar. I had the good sense to never breathe a single word about this to anyone, thankfully.
>>
>>46053148
My self-insert was either some Mary Sue relative of the MC but with similar or complimentary powers, or replaced the MC completely.

The one I remember most, and fuck this is embarrassing, was self-inserting as Tenchi's younger brother in Tenchi Muyo.
Thread posts: 165
Thread images: 25

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.