[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

MtG EDH/Commander General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 329
Thread images: 49

File: 51jKvPVjGYL._SY355_.jpg (30KB, 254x355px) Image search: [Google]
51jKvPVjGYL._SY355_.jpg
30KB, 254x355px
HATE edition

RESOURCES

http://www.mtgcommander.net
>Official Site: Contains deck building rules and the current ban list.

http://www.tappedout.net
>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their deck’s strategy and card choices.

http://www.mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/commander-edh
>Another resource for commander discussion; they have an entire forum dedicated to discussing decks. People often make primers, which go into detail about how they built and play their deck.

http://www.edhrec.com/
>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the internet.

http://manabasecrafter.com/
>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen Commander’s color identity.

CARD SEARCHING

http://gatherer.com
>Official search site. Current for all sets but has a terrible UI.

http://www.magiccards.info
>Unofficial, but has GOAT search interface.

What are your personal favorite hate cards in EDH?
>>
Ruination
>>
My first EDH deck was Kaervek so I have a special place in my heart for hate cards. Shout out to Stigma Lasher and Obsidian Fireheart for making my opponents forever infuriated.
>>
>>46049163
>Obsidian Fireheart

That thing did work? I've got one that I'm looking to put in red control
>>
>>46049163
Do you happen to have a decklist for that? I'm interested to make him as a commander.
>>
File: dranaliberatorofmalakir.jpg (45KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
dranaliberatorofmalakir.jpg
45KB, 265x370px
How do I play new Drana without getting hate-fucked off the board?

Most of my games go like this:
>Turn 3, play Drana.
>Turn 4, swing, get counters.
>Turn 5, swing, get counters.
>Turn 6, swing, get counters.
>Someone blows Drana up.
>Turn 7 play Drana for 5 mana.
>Someone blows Drana up.
>Turn 8 play Drana for 7 mana.
>Someone blows Drana up.
"I swing out at Anon."
Me: Why? I'm not a threat to you.
"Yes you are. You're playing Drana."
Me: Nigga, I got 6 Swamps, 2 cards in hand, and a Vampire Nighthawk, while the Ezuri player over there has 6 experience counters.

I know it's kinda my fault for playing aggro in Commander, but I'm constantly underwhelmed by how quickly it sputters out.
>>
File: 52206.jpg (33KB, 200x287px) Image search: [Google]
52206.jpg
33KB, 200x287px
Is there card other than snapcaster that will cheaply let me replay an instant or sorcery in UW? I'm using snappy, but I don't need the leftover creature.
>>
>>46049020
Torpor Orb.
This hoses a lot of guys in the our meta and lets me cast my general, Phage.
>>
>>46049249
It's a hilarious manasink. I've had people curse me out even after I was knocked out of the game because their lands kept burning. It's absolutely delightful with a Furnace of Rath or similar.

>>46049300
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/kaervek-group-sluggernaut/
This list is old as shit, but you get the idea. It's mostly about establishing a hatefort of enchantments, making people discard, and punishing them for doing anything. Notable additions have been Rakdos's Return and the black myriad card from C15. I may retool this deck a bit with all of the BR Madness stuff in SOI
>>
>>46049354
how cheap? Call to mind brings back an instant or sorcery for 3 and archaeomancer brings one back for 4.
>>
Aura of silence is always fun to play, stops the ramp decks long enough to get a sun titan out and start abusing the second ability. Have had alot of salt thrown my way over this card from a new kozi deck.
>>
>>46049020
Every deck with black in it gets a bojuka bog. I don't see any reason not to. Almost everybody uses their graveyard, if only a little.

I also came to a point in my Jhoira deck where I realized I had no graveyard interaction, I already had a trinket mage, and relic of progenitus cantrips...so why the fuck not.

I love Angel of Jubilation. Just completely blows some decks out of the water and it's an A-ok lord in its own right.
>>
Did someone say HATE? I'll show you hate. Fucking creatures. Having powers and toughness. Dirty disgusting things.

Fuck creatures.

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/oloro-the-lazy-dick/
>>
File: 47.jpg (66KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
47.jpg
66KB, 312x445px
>>46049020
This beauty right here.
>>
Does anyone wanna help out a werewolf enthusiast with no idea on how to build? :D

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/xenadogs-placeholder-for-rg-legendary-werewolf/
>>
>>46049249
I run it in Kazuul and it is absolutely fantastic
>>
I like Blind Obedience
>>
>>46049345
You have a flying commander whose entire thing is getting bigger.

Commander damage is a real threat when many armies might not have ready access to fliers, and the easiest way to counter that threat is to remove your Commander.
>>
>>46049345
A flier that makes every other attacking creature bigger BEFORE normal combat damage is a pretty potent threat, anon, I see no reason not to nuke you

Just like I nuke Jhoira whenever I see one
>>
File: Image.jpg (26KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image.jpg
26KB, 223x310px
>>46049020
Mono-U reporting in
>>
File: yNlQWRM.jpg?fb.jpg (23KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
yNlQWRM.jpg?fb.jpg
23KB, 480x270px
>>46050959
>I nuke Jhoira whenever I see one
>>
>>46050994
Be my fucking guest to leave her alone if you want an Eldrazi Titan or Jin-Git on the table on turn 5
>>
Are there even enough cantrips to make a storm deck with somebody like jori or riku?
>>
File: 285.jpg (58KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
285.jpg
58KB, 312x445px
>>46050055
Goes really well with this
>>
>>46051101
Oh God I'm getting a boner just thinking about dropping this in a game with a Krenko player
>>
File: Image (56).jpg (34KB, 226x311px) Image search: [Google]
Image (56).jpg
34KB, 226x311px
I hate creatures
>>
>>46051250
Not enough.>>46050039
>>
>>46051455
Such a tease. It would probably the last straw if I bought this to play at my shop. They're already mad at me for playing Hokori stax and killing them with a quietus spike while they have to watch with their tapped junk that won't untap
>>
What are the best MLD commanders and the best MLD spells?
>>
>>46051498
The deck is pure agony to play against, with only drains and extorts as the win condition.

Only for use against those that honestly deserve it.
>>
>>46051694
Actually I guess you could mill them out with Blue Sun's Zenith.

And there is the infinite combo. What a way to go. Get drained, extorted, comboed, or milled.
>>
>>46051082
oh it's not that bad. there's only so much synergy you can expect out of a jank jhoira. She's GLORIOUS some days, don't get me wrong, but juggling well is hard and unlikely.
>>
>>46049020
Fuck you bitch.

>Playing Scion dragon
>Temur Ascendancy out
>Dragon Tempest out
>Scion out
>tap scroll rack to get the Utvara Hellkite back into deck.
>draw into Bladewing and Cauldron dance.
>transform scion twice, Scourge of valakas first, then Utvara
>declare attacks
>play Cauldrion dance
>Scourge to battlefield
>Bladewing to battlefield
>trigger, get Utvara
>draw 3, deal 20 to a player
>he dead
>attack
>get 8 6/6 dragons
>draw 8
>deal 192 to another player
>alpha strike the 3rd player

Fucking all possible thanks to gy shenanigans. Thanks for playing bitch boy.
>>
>>46050039
No Debt to the Deathless? Really?
>>
>>46051788
>jank
Not really. The few Jhoira decks at my store are ridiculous well-tuned
>>
How2build

Just a bunch of dragons and a race for damage?
>>
>>46049451
>because their lands kept burning
God that reminder text will never get old
>>
>>46051990
Untap, "put X on the bottom of your library", Sundial of the Infinite, sacrifice/blink outlets, Scroll Rack
>>
>>46051990
Draco + Monkey Cage + mass haste for a funny "combo"
>>
What are some good alt wincons for Mayael?
>>
>>46052153
Mayael's Aria. I don't really know why you want alt wincons when your deck should contain a huge amount of wincons already though.
>>
>>46052049
>put X on the bottom of your library
What cards do this in red?
>>
>>46052153
Kiki jiki + Restoration Angel is nice since both cards can do work outside of the combo
>>
>>46052202
Artifacts. Tel-Jilad Stylus comes to mind but check out Grenzo lists for more.
>>
>>46049020
Teferi's Puzzlebox, Torpor Orb, Mindlock Orb.

Because fuck combo players and their turns that take 15 minutes in real time.
>>
>>46052290
None of those actually stop combo. Something like, omen machine, chains of Mephistopheles, notion thief and stranglehold do the trick
>>
>>46052315
I love nothing more than Jin-Gitaxias, Notion Thief, Wheel Effects and Nekusar
>>
>>46052315
>>46052333
Notion Thief might be my favorite card in EDH just because of the butthurt it can cause.
>>
>>46052374
There is nothing more satisfying any sort of synergy with it such as Tefari's puzzle box just upsets the whole table and I love that
>>
>>46052414
Teferi's puzzle box is pure cancer. It's the only card my group house banned
>>
>>46052333
Playing damia against someone running azami and he gilded draked my damia. I drew and passed and then on his upkeep with a trigger to draw seven I flashed in notion thief. Then eot activated alchemists refuge to animate dead jin-gitaxis
>>
>>46052461
how?
>>
>>46052461
Perhaps in a cancerous group, but I've played against several decks that use it and it just disrupts you and often works better for other players than the one playing it; unless they're running a combo commander
>>
File: file.png (191KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
191KB, 265x370px
Niggas, Didn't see nobody takin 'bout Vampire queen return
>>
File: 1458140196761.jpg (48KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
1458140196761.jpg
48KB, 265x370px
Thoughts?
>>
>>46052653
>>46052675
Lol what.

She seems like a Haakon, Stromgald Scourge deck in disguise.
>>
>>46052696
>Not just playing your Master of Cruelty with Haste
>>
>>46052675
>>46052653
It's better than Exava except if you're running her Voltron.

would still build Malfegor before that as an BR Deck
>>
>>46052711
>Why not both
>>
>>46052653
>>46052675
>no horsecock
Awful card 0/10
>>
>>46049020
>What are your personal favorite hate cards in EDH?
Null Rod

Stranglehold is a close second.
>>
Can I get someone's opinion on this deck?
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/15-03-16-tasigur/
>>
>>46052825
>Tasigur
No
>>
>>46053349
>people hating on tasigur now
what is with all the babys in this general, yall cry over anything that isn't jank tier.
>>
What are some good Green ramping humans to pair with the new Sigarda?
>>
File: 1416931302030.gif (245KB, 400x200px) Image search: [Google]
1416931302030.gif
245KB, 400x200px
>>46052414
>Playing Nekusar against 4 friends
>Have him out plus Price of Knowledge, Forced Fruition and Wound Reflection
>Friend A scoops, friends B and C pass so they don't take extra damage
>Friend D (combo player) spends a few minutes stacking his hand with tutors
>Looks at me with a smug expression and says I'm dead next turn
>"I cast Teferi's Puzzlebox"
>Friend D looks at it, shuffles his hand around and looks at it again
>Scoops and starts howling murder and repeating over and over again that "fucking with someone's hand like that shouldn't be allowed"

Doesn't get any better than telling the combo player you just spent all that time playing solitaire for nothing.
>>
>>46052800
Came here to say this
>>
Anyone who can tell me how Humility and Nature's Revolt interact? I think that if you play Nature's Revolt before Humility all the lands will be 1/1, but if the order is reversed then they'll be 2/2s. Is this correct or are they always 1/1s?
>>
>>46053416
>y'all hating on tasigur
It breaks the commander tax rule the same as Derevi, Prossh, and oloro. It's hated for good reason. It's also about to be banned in French for the same reason as oloro and derevi
>>
>>46053536
>>Playing Nekusar
Stopped there
>>
>>46053635
Just out of curiosity, is it Nekusar himself you don't like? Or is it the control/stax play style?

Puzzlebox and Nekusar go together like peanut butter and chocolate m8 please no h8.
>>
>>46053536
>passing turns

You're all fags
>>
File: 1457981185970.gif (3MB, 240x180px) Image search: [Google]
1457981185970.gif
3MB, 240x180px
>>46053609
>Prossh and Oloro

Prossh doesn't break the commander tax rule. She just has so much value that there's never a bad time to cast her. Grave hate can stop Tasigur's crap so there's that.

Oloro is breaking some kind of rule though. You don't even to cast him to get value out of him...
>>
>>46053609
>It breaks the commander tax rule
I doubt it was designed that way though

Main reason I don't like Tasigur is because it's always been BUG goodstuff, no variation
>>
Yo, Anon making the Sakashima deck; I'm the dude who when you first posted said he was going to post his own list. I never got around to it the first time you showed up or the second but I'm here now. If you want an idea of the sort of deck you can build using him/her/xir, this can be a great place to start.

List: http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/shima-shima-the-cutest-cosplayer/

Now, while this deck is technically Clone tribal, it actually is much deeper. See, I originally had the idea of a deck that, while it could DO anything it actually does nothing. So I went with the idea of building a mono Blue Deck where all the different spells could do is copy, steal, or clone what other people did. In essence, the deck does not exist - it is defined only by it's interactions with other decks. It is one of my fairest decks, because it is only as strong as the strongest and it's a blast to pilot too!
>>
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/temporary-teferi/

is there anything else relatively cheap (<$10) i can throw in here to make it more obnoxious? I need to save for a while before I can throw cryptic/snapcaster/mana drain in here
>>
>>46051624

MLD creatures:
Avacyn, Angel of Hope
Numot the Devastator

Best MLD Spells
Decree of Annhilation
Armageddon
Catastrophe
>>
File: file.png (185KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
185KB, 265x370px
Fucking hell, guys, you guys are slow today. I have to post all this shit myself
>>
Top 5 most hated commanders /edh/? Who's on your blacklist?

>*Insert Eldrazi Titan here*
>Krenko
>Derevi
>Memnarch
>Prossh
>>
>>46053939
>Olivia is shit
>Jace is shit
>even Sigarda is shit
Nice.

>>46053957
>*Insert Eldrazi Titan here*
>Meren
>Meren again
>Edric
>any variety of "grouphug," commander is inconsequential

But of course fuck titans.
>>
>>46054013
>Meren twice

You either don't run enough grave hate or exile in general. Just try and sideboard shit like Tormod's Crypt, Relic of Progenitus, Grafdiggers Cage, Leyline of the Void, RIP, or even Merciless Eviction and watch how fast Meren gets knee-capped.
>>
>>46053957
>Derevi
>Damia
>Animar
>Momir Vig
>Jalira

Yes, I maindeck boil
>>
>>46054145
Yes I understand how easily graveyard hate stops Meren, which is why the Meren players switch decks when I grab Kalitas.

That doesn't stop the strategy from being oppressive when everyone besides me is too retarded to do anything about it.

Unfortunately some of the Meren players are actually friends who have a tendency to get pissed when their paper thin strategy gets torn to pieces by a single card so I try to hold off on the direct hate.
>>
This format made me hate lands. I never thought I would ever grow to hate the most basic and essential permanent type in the game but here we are, all this ramp nonsense from every deck and all these 10 mana plays on turn 4 have made me hate lands. Fuck lands. Destroy them all.
>>
>>46054227
That's exactly how I feel and it's exacerbated by the fact that MLD is banned in my meta.

Fuck everyone and everything, embrace the dark stax gods.
>>
>>46054227
I always try to find some room in my decks for winter orb. This card prevents a lot of boring plays
>>
File: 1453741999478.jpg (157KB, 884x902px) Image search: [Google]
1453741999478.jpg
157KB, 884x902px
>>46053939
I have a Mayael angel themed deck, and for both Sigarda and Avacyn to have a power of 4 brings me a suffering I never asked for.
>>
>>46053957
>Teferi
>Animar
>Edric
>Derevi
>Prossh
>>
>>46054226
>when their paper thin strategy gets torn to pieces by a single card

That's exactly my point. If your win con can be nullified by dropping a land for turn (Bojuka Bog) or a 0/1 drop artifact, it's not that good anon.

>because my group is too retarded to do anything about it

IKTFB. In my own playgroup, there are a few decks that "always win and they're so unfair" because most of my group can't be arsed to sit there for a minute and figure out how to stop them.

And God forbid you want to tell them how, then the others start screaming MUH POLITICS!
>>
File: 40.jpg (46KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
40.jpg
46KB, 312x445px
>>46053822
Very cool deck. Have you thought about running Thada Adel?
>>
>OPP has living plane out
>clearly intending some MLD shenanigans next turn
>top deck sol ring which puts me up to 8 mana and beat him to the punch with ezuri's predation
>he acts like he's fucking mad about it
>lmao@urlife
>>
>>46054594
>OPP
Other people's pussy?
>>
>>46052509
>opponent topdecks something, his face lights up, he goes "Niiiiice, my new anti-combo card"
>he drops Teferi's Puzzle Box
>silence at the table
>I'm the only combo player at that table
>I'm playing Grenzo
I wish I was kidding. This actually happened. More than once.
>>
>>46054717
That's why you play Mikaeus and don't care which combo pieces a and b you end up with.
>>
>>46053957
Derevi, Prossh, Kruphix, Memnarch, Sharuum.
I actually find Krenko fun to play against because he forces me to interact early with my combo decks to avoid dying before I can setup.
>>
>>46054746
It's still better with Grenzo. Teferi's Puzzle Box is literally the best symmetrical effect a Grenzo deck can be put under. I often tutored for it myself when that guy didn't play it first.
>>
>>46054524
Yes. However, I wanted to keep it on theme and have it so literally nothing can stand on it's own. More to the point, I have a stupid sort of headcanon were all the creatures are cosplayers of a sort and Thada doesn't actually fit that. She can work for Mana ramp though...

What card should I take out, if I were to put her in?
>>
>>46054482
Really, anyone building a graveyard decl should have a plan to recover from a Bog. Just don't overcommit and have alt wincons. RIP/Leyline are tough, bit a single hit graveyard wipe is similar to getting your board wrathed. It sucks, but you can rebuild.
>>
>puzzle box
>stopping combo
>not giving them more chances to find ad nauseam or a tutor
>>
File: inb4 implying 15 mana.jpg (303KB, 1041x445px) Image search: [Google]
inb4 implying 15 mana.jpg
303KB, 1041x445px
Secretly hoping for them sweet Madness cards in SOI to make One With Nothing work
>>
>>46055076
Stupid retard, use Kaervek's Spite.
>>
>>46055100
That's obviously better but I'm just looking for ways to run OWN.
>>
>>46053823
>monoblue fun times!
>just kidding it's not fun at all
I lol'd. only thing I'd recommend is cut some shit for azami for more card draw and another MoM combo piece
>>
>>46053586
Anyone?
>>
>>46053957
>Derevi
>Nekusar
>Kaalia
>Animar
>Krenko
>>
>>46055714
Timestamp order but always have no abilities.
>>
>>46053822
I very much approve of your shenanigans.
>>
>>46052374
I take it you've never had to deal with the consecrated sphinx dilemna
>>
>>46056073
Thank you very much! My playgroup hates it though, saying it doesn't do anything, it's too interactive, that it's shit because it doesn't have its own win condition...

They have even started calling it 'Your' deck, because it's their Decks I'm playing whenever I use it.
>>
>>46056400
Spreading the fun of cosplaying Aristotle?
>>
File: 177.jpg (79KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
177.jpg
79KB, 312x445px
Are suspended cards count as being cast after the last time counter is removed?
>>
>>46057038
Read the card.
>>
>>46057104
Thanks, I was dumb.
>>
>>46057038
RTFC
>>
Is there any secret tech for Godo or is he just "Search for hexproof equipment and go standard voltron"?
>>
File: disgust.png (13KB, 162x119px) Image search: [Google]
disgust.png
13KB, 162x119px
>>46057038
>>
>>46057163
Blade of Selves
Masterwork of Ingenuity
>>
File: 61mPnuo3qLL._SY355_[1].jpg (35KB, 251x355px) Image search: [Google]
61mPnuo3qLL._SY355_[1].jpg
35KB, 251x355px
Post your non-legendary cardfu
>>
>>46057163
Batterskull can attack twice with him
>>
>>46057038
baka desu senpai
>>
>>46057163
Blade of Selves lets you tutor multiple times on combat in a multiplayer game
>>
>>46057405
Also equip Magnetic Theft onto Isochron Scepter and BAM, instant-speed Equip every combat
>>
File: 1457983396158.png (128KB, 450x260px) Image search: [Google]
1457983396158.png
128KB, 450x260px
>>46056906
>>
File: 1416844791624.jpg (10KB, 328x277px) Image search: [Google]
1416844791624.jpg
10KB, 328x277px
>>46057827
Narset
>>
File: Image.ashx.jpg (86KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image.ashx.jpg
86KB, 223x310px
>>46052653
>turn all my dragons into vampires
Finally, a Vampire tribal theme I can get behind.
>>
I really like the flavor on that card, OP. I like it a lot.
>>
File: 1457902225078.jpg (54KB, 512x500px) Image search: [Google]
1457902225078.jpg
54KB, 512x500px
>>46057937
>>
>>46053957
>Derevi
>Prossh
>Animar
>Narset
>Oloro

I'd probably have a better list if I'd played against more decks. Meren isn't that bad because it's pretty disruptable.
>>
>>46052315

>torpor orb doesnt stop combo

nigga wut

torpor orb is the ideal anti combo card
>>
>>46059829
not all combos are ETB based
>>
File: fist here bro.jpg (29KB, 468x458px) Image search: [Google]
fist here bro.jpg
29KB, 468x458px
>>46053822
I always wanted to make a deck like this, but never could. Shine on, you crazy diamond.
>>
>>46052758

have you ever played with malfegor?

he's pretty awful

discarding your hand at sorcery speed is possibly the most self-destructive thing you can do in EDH outside of straight up targeting yourself with damage
>>
>>46049345
>plays anti-fun card
>complains that it gets nuked.
>>
>>46053480

avacyn's pilgrim
knight of the white orchid
>>
>>46054013

new jace isnt shit at all though

probably the best edh jace besides the mindsculptor
>>
>>46052653
>Vampire queen
>implying female
>>
>>46059848

of course, but so many of them are, that i think its one of the very best cards for stopping combos
>>
>>46059964
i cant think of a single combo i use that's etb based. I wont say torpor orb isn't good but it might just be a meta thing if you're seeing a lot of etb combos
>>
>>46054200
I'm this close to building a fuck blue ruric deck.
>>
>>46060074

i guess its more just the number of good cards that are etb based, rather than combos specifically.

but it is a lot of combos

karmic guide reveillark
deadeye navigator combos
eternal witness or archaeomancer combos
purphoros combos
kiki jiki combos
intruder alarm combos
sharuum combos

it goes on and on
>>
>>46059917
He is literally Ob Nixilis.
>>
>>46060456
Ob Nixilis was pretty good
>>
>>46060465
Not EDH playable.
>>
>>46060484
His card draw ability is much better than Ob's though which I would argue makes him more playable.
>>
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/kozilek-butcher-of-juice-credit-to-juwdah/

Any secret tech you guys could share? As in cards that aren't Crucible of Worlds expensive, but would still have a high impact.

Looking for a more aggro approach, but don't know if adding wurmcoils and thopter assemblies is worth it.
>>
>>46060549
He's also blue which like Ob in black means you have much better card draw available.
>>
>>46049345
Swiftfoot boots, Mask of Avacyn, Champion's Helm, Lightning Greaves, Neurok Stealthsuit, Whispersilk Cloak, Darksteel Plate

Not complicated hombre.
>>
>>46060553
Congratulations, your deck is completely fucking identical to every other eldrazi titan deck.
>>
>>46059857
Yeah, took me forever to get it right. Every game is different because the decks, how they are played, what gets played wh3n, all are different.
>>
>>46060642
And his emblem is much better than Ob's in a multiplayer game, I would argue that he is playable in a fair number of decks (especially if you are playing simic with doubling season.)
>>
>>46060706
Or you could take the spot he would normally occupy and put something in there that would come close to actually winning the game.
>>
>>46060758
Okay, we'll agree to disagree.
>>
File: filthy casuals.png (314KB, 500x726px) Image search: [Google]
filthy casuals.png
314KB, 500x726px
I know /edhg/ got a hate boner for blue because it can answer everything but damn it's fun being the guy with answers to everything
>tap out during counter fight with melek over a time warp (he cast it off the top of library so I had to counter the copy too)
>karametra ramp spam takes this as an opportunity to finish us and drops craterhoof
>spends a few minutes adding up his damage with a calculator
>announces 96 damage total, he's sending ~50 my way
>stop him in the middle of turning everything sideways, tell him I have a response at the beginning of combat
>drop ensnare on the table and wait for him to read it
>he looks back at me with pure contempt as I slowly pick up two islands
>next turn draw-land-go
>he bounces craterhoof and actually tries it again, the absolute madman
>mirror match FUCKING BLOWOUT
>he passes his turn back and before I even finish untapping he scoops it up
why would anyone ever play anything not blue? lmao
>>
>>46060682
Do I have to be a special snowflake to be in your secret club, senpai?
>>
>>46060816
yes
>>
>>46060866
Our love was never meant to be then!
>>
>>46060810
Because it's boring unless you play EVERYONE'S deck but yours.
>>
>>46060900
wat does that even mean
>>
>>46061143
I don't know, it's probably a meme.
>>
>>46061143
>>46061211
Naw, I'm this guy here >>46053822
>>
>>46061479
I had a dlord silumgar deck that was themed around stealing shit but it ended up getting it's shit kicked around in a combo meta where people didn't really rely on creatures nearly as much as I had expected
>>
>>46061598
Not like that in my meta. Sure, there are combo players and combos happen quite a bit but even then, they have to run a good amount of creatures due to the fact that aggro runs free here and having little/no creatures here and trying to combo out is just asking to get gang raped by everyone else, guaranteed.
>>
What do you guys think the value of the Mind Seize commander precon is? There's a handful of things I need from it, plus extras of staples like Sol ring, and a local shop has it for $35, but I'm not sure it's worth picking up at that price point.
>>
>>46062151
You can get one off of Amazon for marginally cheaper if that concerns you.
>>
>>46049345

Probably find a new group, yours sounds retarded.
>>
>>46054467

Why would you want to run the new Sigarda even if she had 5+ power?
>>
File: image.jpg (44KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
44KB, 223x310px
>>46059882
>anti-fun
I wish every playgroup had one stax player just to show the babies what a real ass pounding feels like.
>>
>>46060810
Sounds like your group plays pretty casually with phases and declerations, which will always favor the responding player.
>>
>>46063938
Yeah, this. I always say "declare attacks" before I do, just to make sure nobody gets butthurt about not tapping down my shit when they had the chance. There's no way I would let an opponent tap down my shit after I already declared 50 damage coming their way.
>>
>>46064098
if you announcing that you're moving to combat/declaring attackers that's fine. you don't just get to fuck around on your phone's calculator for 5 minutes then tap your whole board in one motion while informing people how much damage is coming at them. you better fucking believe I told him to hold his fucking horses and back that shit up. priority exists for a reason, you can't just skip past steps and phases and tell people 2BAD I ALREADY DID IT LOL
>>
>>46063938
Of all the things I hate dealing with in my playgroup, the antics of Mr. "I didn't mean to do that" are the worst
>Trade Secrets' me, who is playing Jarad combo
>I draw two
>Realizes his mistake
>"Uh sorry, I didn't mean to do that"
>Shrug and tell him he already did
>Group agrees with me
>He sulks for the rest of the game
Gotta learn sometime nigga
>>
>>46064450
He didn't mean to put a banned card in his deck?
>>
>>46064474
It was a while back. And holy shit, when DID trade secrets get banned?
>>
File: 1458160910285.jpg (47KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
1458160910285.jpg
47KB, 265x370px
Anyone excited to try a monowhite beat down deck with new Odric?
>>
>>46064537
no because thats shit lol
>>
>>46064537
It's a four mana 3/3 that does nothing on its own, and almost nothing until it's paired with a fairly large amount of creatures. I'm not particularly excited.
>>
>>46064577
Turning every creature you have in play into a Sliver is shit?
>>
>>46064499
Years ago.

The post where the rules committee announced the banning of Trade Secrets was the same post where they announced the unbanning of Staff of Domination. It's a hilarious read.
>>
>>46064682
If you have to go mono-white in order to do it, it's not worth it.
>>
>>46064682
So you get all the advantages of the "sliver" type and 1/5 of the colors in the deck, with the added disadvantage of not having a good commander?
>>
>>46064682
wat...
>>
>>46064730
Every creature you own will share their keywords with every other creature you own. Which is kind of the idea behind a sliver deck.

Except you need your commander in play for any of that to happen, your commander doesn't improve your other creatures himself, or actually do anything worthwhile, and you're monowhite so you suck.
>>
>>46064684
>It's a hilarious read.
I assume the message boards blew up?
>>
>>46064792
I didn't read the thread that followed, but the reasoning behind both decisions is laughably stupid.
>>
File: 1401698735883.jpg (41KB, 268x320px) Image search: [Google]
1401698735883.jpg
41KB, 268x320px
>>46064682

So this is the power of being complete shit at Magic
>>
>>46064838
I found it and the part that sticks out was the reasoning for banning Staff of Domination in the first place.
>When Staff of Domination was banned, it was one of the most widespread and iconic combo cards in the format. Banning it sent a clear message that turn four wins weren't the gameplay we wanted to see. [...] Please enjoy Staff of Domination responsibly.
They're banning things to "send a message" about how people should play? They're then unbanning things with the caveat that people should "enjoy it responsibly"?

Do they know they're making the official rules? Has anyone ever told them that, or tried to explain the concept to them?
>>
>>46064981
For reference:
http://mtgcommander.net/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=15735
>>
>>46064981
What are you talking about, anon, Staff of Domination is perfectly fine if used responsibly. Just like Hermit Druid, or Ad Nauseam.
>>
>>46057433
>Magnetic Theft onto Isochron Scepter
That's spicy, I don't know how I never thought of that
>>
>>46065043
I still can't get over the fact Sheldon openly admits to increasing his basic land count to lower Hermit Druid's power. Then claiming Hermit Druid is fine unless you're actively trying to break him.
>>
>>46064981
>"It was a poorly designed card which will wreck almost every game it is played in. The ideal option for the target in MP is almost always to draw 80 cards and let you draw as many cards as you want. This completely wrecks the game for every other player in a multi-player game for 3 mana."
>these people exist
>>
>>46064537
Not with him at the helm. I'd rather he'd go in the 99 of an Iroas weenies deck, which I've started to work on for a goof-around group. I want to see what other 1-drops come out for this block
>>
>>46065134
You think trade secrets shouldn't be banned?
>>
>>46055076
oblivion ring your barren glory then cast apocalypse.
>>
>>46065317
or just decree of annihilation with no other enchantments in play.
>>
File: 1332721871847.jpg (148KB, 394x544px) Image search: [Google]
1332721871847.jpg
148KB, 394x544px
>blew my friends out so hard with a bog-standard Zurgo Voltron deck that I'm never allowed to use Voltron again

I don't know if I should be sad or honored
>>
>>46064761
except slivers are good because they actually do shit like have sac: vindicate, or pumps like +1 +1, and you can make free slivers with your commander
which is different from this guy cuz he only gives a few actual keywords, and your dudes don't get them all the time
i can just imagine you have stuffy doll out and you're like haha le ebin my shit is indestructible meme
>opponent looks at you
>"precombat main phase"
>"ill cast wrath of god"
>>
>>46065208
Definitely seems more of a group problem than a universal one.
>>
>>46065560
your friends sound like assholes
>>
>>46065600
They get salty about stuff. Old borders are particularly triggering, but if it was reprinted or in an FTV box I can sneak it by them

Though they're weirdly OK with MLD
>>
>>46049345
I like Drana better in the 99 than at the helm
>>
>>46055076
Haha that is a sweet as wincon right there
>>
>>46065576
Yes, I fully agree that Odric sucks, I touched on that in the post you're responding to. I was just responding to the anon who didn't understand why the other, much dumber anon was making a comparison with slivers.
>>
Recommend me a new and cheap commander/deck archtype. Currently playing Zurgo1 voltron/boardwipes, warmongering is fun but it gets boring real quick when getring targeted all the time.
>>
>>46055076
>not The Cheese Stands Alone
>>
>>46065818
Target control.

By that I mean shit like mystic barrier, vows, curses, and the like.
>>
I don't like new Odric in the command zone

However I do think people are being a little harsh on him

He's nice in a green white or black white that can tutor him when the time is right and turn a board of small threats into lethal

He's kinda like craterhoof in that regard except craterhoof makes any creature deadly whereas Odric needs a double strike creature and a lifelink creature, etc all out with him

I'm definitely going to seriously consider him in my captain sisay deck, being able to spread around powerful keywords that are only on one or two of my legends (avacyn vigilance, dromoka lifelink) makes him really attractive even though I'm quite low on deck slots for him
>>
>>46053671
Yeah, TPB goes in Nekusar... and Nekusar is a one-track build if you want him to work properly. Next to zero-thought deck construction, and games play out one of two ways:
>You get wheel after wheel until everyone dies
OR
>You let the person who can deal with your shit draw into exactly what they need

Crazy advanced theorycrafting, Nekusar ain't.
>>
>>46065980

Even though the wincon is pretty simple and there's not a whole lot of room for variance, I still think building Nekusar has plenty of room to vary on strategy

As you said you're giving people extra cards with Nekusar out, so I think most good Nekusar decks will devote a large portion to control, and try to stay safe for most of the game, leaving Nekusar in the command zone mostly until he draws the combo win

There's a lot of options grixis has to build a control deck
>>
Quick question for a deck I'm planning to build:

If I put a creature onto the battlefield with and effect like Killer Instinct or Impromptu Raid (both put a creature onto the battlefield, give it haste, and make you sacrifice it at end of turn), and blinked the creature somehow, would I still have to sacrifice it at the end of the turn?
>>
>>46065904
Odric just demands too much from the player before he becomes worth his casting cost. You need a fair number of threats on board, and it needs to be a somewhat specific threat composition, for him to achieve anything that justifies his status as an otherwise vanilla 3/3 for 3W.

I just feel like any deck slot he's using would be better used by something like a Frontline Medic.
>>
>>46066128
Nope, same idea as Evoke + blink which was the basis for many standard decks back in the day
>>
File: 1324420924656.jpg (31KB, 310x322px) Image search: [Google]
1324420924656.jpg
31KB, 310x322px
>>46065637
>Old borders are particularly triggering
How

Holy shit
>>
Is there any good decklist floating around for a Mono-White Avacyn or Akroma deck that isn't based mostly around soldiers?

I play mostly in a casual settling
>>
>>46053760
>She
Is this another asshole trying to force a meme?
>>
>>46049020
Ruination, Wipe Away and the trap that exiles a gy are my fav hate techs.
>Oh look I'm gonna cheat Omniscience into play with nana on turn 4
>FUCK YOU OLORO
>>
>>46066546
>with nana
Is that what your group calls Academy Rector or something?
>>46066503
Seems likely.
>>
>>46060484

ob nixilis is definitely edh playable dude

one of the better black planeswalker to be honest
>>
>>46066164

frontline medic is pretty good but i dont see the comparison really

4cmc is not expensive, youre right that he does nothing without threats on board but that doesnt necessarily make him not worth a slot

nykthos doesnt do anything without a decent board but its still an amazing land for edh

not saying hes as good as nykthos but my point is that edh is actually the one format where running this type of card actually works pretty consistently
>>
>>46066244
Awesome, now I just have to find good blinkers in Naya colors besides Eldrazi Displacer, if there are any
>>
>>46066603
Yup, Academy Rector. We joke he looks too much like Urza's grandmother or something like that.
>>
>>46066635
>5 mana Phyrexian Arena is good

No. The only good black planeswalkers in EDH are Liliana of the Veil and Sorin Markov.
>>
>>46066635
I don't know that I'd call him one of the better black planeswalkers but there's no question in my mind that he's EDH playable. I would even go so far as to describe him as good.
>>
>>46066692

he also destroys creatures

i dont think hes as good as lotv or sorin markov but i definitely think hes good in mono black control decks

also i think liliana vess is good in edh

liliana of the dark realms isnt bad either
>>
>>46066672
A Nykthos with no board is a land that taps for C. Which is perfectly acceptable. An Odric with no board is a 4 mana 3/3. An Odric with a board of tokens and Sun Titan is a 4 mana 3/3.

Yes, you can get a big board where everything is flying double strike lifelink indestructible hexproof but how likely is that to happen? What type of game are you playing where no one's running removal or wraths? The point is, Odric has a ridiculously low floor and the requirements for him to be anything more than shit is to have I'd say about 2 other creatures on board with relevant abilities. And even then he only becomes decent.

Odric really isn't good, the more I look at him and the more I think it's a shitty bait card for casuals to teach them the importance of evaluating cards based on reasonable board states rather magic christmasland scenarios.
>>
>>46066727
>liliana of the dark realms isnt bad either
Eh. She lives precariously on the frontier between bad and playable. There are definitely worse cards one could run. When you're not really tuning a deck to the extreme, any half-decent planeswalker still works most of the time.
>>
>>46066776
Oh wait, Sun Titan has Vigilance. I forget these things sometimes, no one ever lets me attack with it. Because removal is a thing people run in EDH.
>>
>>46066727
>he also destroys creatures
Yeah but it's not like black has trouble doing that between Grave Pact and Attrition. Creatures are the one type of permanent black can remove easily, so having something that can remove one or two creatures is not a huge deal.

>also i think liliana vess is good in edh
>5 mana Vampiric Tutor is good
Well, she's better than Ob Nixilis. Her plus ability is barely useful at all, so if you're lucky she'll be a Vampiric Tutor with rebound before dying.

>liliana of the dark realms isnt bad either
Mono-black (or BW I guess) doesn't have a ton of access to ramp and if it relies on Mutilate it can benefit from having lots of Swamps, so you're probably right here. Still, she's not exactly high impact for a planeswalker or a 4-mana ramp spell. In any other color combination you either don't need her or want something else in that spot.

The gap in power between LotV, Sorin, and other black planeswalkers is massive though.
>>
>>46066776

>An Odric with a board of tokens and Sun Titan is a 4 mana 3/3.

?? he literally gives all your tokens and himself vigilance

you picked a really weird example

>Yes, you can get a big board where everything is flying double strike lifelink indestructible hexproof but how likely is that to happen?

that was never my point, if you read my posts. my point is it only takes one or two good abilities in your board to be hella value. giving your board flying can be the difference between lethal attack and not being able to attack at all.

>What type of game are you playing where no one's running removal or wraths?

actually my meta has an enormous amount of removal and wraths but there are ways to dodge wraths, not to mention ways to rebuild a board in just a turn or two, catching the control players without a wrath

>The point is, Odric has a ridiculously low floor and the requirements for him to be anything more than shit is to have I'd say about 2 other creatures on board with relevant abilities. And even then he only becomes decent.

i agree he has "a low floor" but its the same as low as craterhoof behemoth. like craterhoof behemoth, you have to weigh the importance of that low floor with the value you can generate if you hold on to him until the right moment

>Odric really isn't good, the more I look at him and the more I think it's a shitty bait card for casuals to teach them the importance of evaluating cards based on reasonable board states rather magic christmasland scenarios.

do you think beating down with multiple creatures is a viable strategy at all? if not, you could just say that, instead of talking about the new odric in particular.

>Odric really isn't good

good doesnt mean anything. for all i know we completely agree about the card's power level, i just call that power level good and you say its not
>>
>>46066834
Everything you're saying is true assuming you're playing some kind of black control deck, maybe black combo. And yes, since those archetypes tend to be good, LotV and Sorin will usually be much better than other black planeswalkers. But Ob Nixilis will shine in other scenarios. I really enjoy him in Anafenza as he represents a way for me to gain card advantage without committing enchantments to the board, while sniping troublesome creatures that threaten my board superiority without having to waste my precious removal or wraths. In this deck, there is no question in my mind that Ob Nixilis is a better planeswalker than LotV or Sorin (though I would find a spot for LotV if I had a spare one).

tl;dr not every black deck is Grave Pact + Attrition casting a wrath a turn, reusable removal paired with card advantage is a good package for a planeswalker, and the ult can actually kill a player should that ever become relevant.
>>
>>46066834

honestly in my mind, black's excellence at killing creatures is reason to run as much of that effect as you can. when you have a dominant position, you want to milk that.

having an ob nix to kill creatures with can increase the power of the go for the throat in your hand, letting you save a surprise instant speed kill after getting rid of something at sorcery speed that needed to die before soembody untapped with it

you seem to think planeswalkers just instantly die after coming out.

that has not been my experience with planeswalkers in edh. in my experience they come out in the mid-late game, after a wrath, and with the support of untapped mana and full grips of cards. you use them to set up an incremental engine that will increase your advantage

you have to have an advantage to begin with to play them effectively

also vampiric tutor is fucking amazing, so idk why you are acting like multiple isnt amazing

liliana vess must die or you will probably lose to double vampiric tutor
>>
File: 1419796489722.jpg (42KB, 495x636px) Image search: [Google]
1419796489722.jpg
42KB, 495x636px
>tfw really wanna build Titania but there's no way I'm spending $70 on a Crucible of Worlds

Why the fuck won't WotC reprint Crucible?
>>
File: 1320883261559.jpg (23KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1320883261559.jpg
23KB, 500x500px
>tfw never once topdecked Reforge the Soul
>>
>>46066910
>i agree he has "a low floor" but its the same as low as craterhoof behemoth. like craterhoof behemoth, you have to weigh the importance of that low floor with the value you can generate if you hold on to him until the right moment
I'm glad you brought up Craterhoof because it is a perfect example of a card for which the ceiling is so high, it completely crushes any concerns over its low floor. This isn't the case for Odric. With one other creature that has a relevant ability, he's just barely better than a vanilla 3/3. With two others, he's sort of worth it but only if the keywords are valuable on that board. With three others that do not overlap, it's starting to get interesting but that's demanding a lot of setup before a card really becomes good.
>do you think beating down with multiple creatures is a viable strategy at all?
Beating down with creatures is a weaker strategy than most in EDH but it's my favorite one. I have three white decks that mainly beat down with creatures. And I would never consider Odric in any of those.
>for all i know we completely agree about the card's power level, i just call that power level good and you say its not
Here's what I think: it is generally going to be a mistake to play Odric in any EDH deck, and unless everyone at the table durdles forever, his performance is more often than not going to be completely disappointing, with the rare outstanding example of him being really awesome. If that matters more to you than consistency, then have fun with Odric.
>>
>>46066813

>no one ever lets me attack with it. Because removal is a thing people run in EDH.

so are protection and counterspells

oh but your meta is just too good, you know because its your meta, of course

ill just bow out gracefully, i can see you clearly know everything there is to know about edh
>>
>>46067049
iktf bro, it's pretty ridiculous it still hasn't seen one. Hopefully Eternal Masters comes through.
>>
>>46067062
>tfw Wheel of Fate never once came off suspend
>>
File: 1339814670.jpg (245KB, 1080x981px) Image search: [Google]
1339814670.jpg
245KB, 1080x981px
>>46067049
>Crucible is $70 now

What the fuck the price hike never ends
>>
>>46067070

i want to see a decklist for one of your white beatdown decks

you are needlessly downplaying the power of giving keywords like double strike to an entire board of creatures

your decklists better be fucking off the chain or im gonna be very disappointed with your elitist attitude
>>
File: chink in my armor.jpg (76KB, 640x854px) Image search: [Google]
chink in my armor.jpg
76KB, 640x854px
>>46067049

>tfw got a Judge foil for $30
>>
>>46067074
You're talking about a 4-drop creature (Odric) that requires MULTIPLE THREATS with RELEVANT KEYWORDS alongside it before it accomplishes anything of value. Of fucking course we're going to have a conversation about removal.
>>
>>46066681
Galepowder Mage, Restoration Angel, Flickerform, Flickerwisp, Conjurer's Closet, there's a ton in mono-white.
>>
File: chandler.jpg (46KB, 420x388px) Image search: [Google]
chandler.jpg
46KB, 420x388px
>>46067107
>I have no more arguments so I'll attack his credibility by demanding to see his decks and calling them shit
>>
>>46067115

i didnt say we couldnt talk about removal

i just think you're needlessly exaggerating

you claim to never swing with your sun titan. no matter how much removal your meta has, for that to happen, you must simply have no protection whatsoever for your creatures

i'll agree that odric is not a good creature to throw out on a board that is waiting to get wrathed

i feel the same way about lots of good creatures though
>>
>>46067142

who said i was going to call them shit?

their probably great, you're an opinionated dude who seems to know a good bit about edh, im sure your decks are great

i just wanna look at them so i can see why you think odric couldnt possibly be good in them
>>
>>46067198

>they're***
>>
>>46067184
Filling a deck with ways to protect your creatures is a great way to lose to combo. Plus, protecting a Sun Titan with something like a Boros Charm requires a whole fucking lot of mana, and also probably means you haven't been blowing up lands.

Filling a creature base with synergistic creatures that do next to nothing on their own and only become interesting with a large board is a great way to lose to wraths. And no, you won't be protecting your board from all wraths. Odric demands that you overextend and even then, he's only spreading keywords around.
>>
>>46067062
>TFW I only ever topdeck Reforge the Soul turn 2, with one mana open
>>
>>46067126
The only one that really works is the Closet, which is actually really nice
>>
>>46067288

>Filling a deck with ways to protect your creatures is a great way to lose to combo.

i guess so

but some ways double as anti-combo cards, for instance counterspells protect your board and prevent combo

>Plus, protecting a Sun Titan with something like a Boros Charm requires a whole fucking lot of mana

8 mana isnt that much. people often make those kind of plays turn 5-6.

>Filling a creature base with synergistic creatures that do next to nothing on their own and only become interesting with a large board is a great way to lose to wraths.

ill agree with that

but the thing about odric is you only need one creature that fits that description

all your other creatures that are good on their own will lend some of their power to each other creature you control.

>And no, you won't be protecting your board from all wraths.

again, rebuilding after wraths is a thing too.

>odric demands that you overextend

again, i think you are exaggerating how much board you need for odric to be valuable. if anything his weakness is the specificity of what you need to support him, not volume.

giving your board double strike is incredible value. giving them indestructible just during combat is not so much. flying is crazy good. first strike not quite as much.

4 mana to turn my birds of paradise into a board of flyers seems valuable to me. not saying its even guaranteed a slot in any of my decks, i just think you're exaggerating if you wouldnt even consider it in a white or white splash beatdown deck
>>
wait lol people think newdric will be good in edh?
are you guys retarded? he doesn't fucking do anything lol
>gives your guys a few keywords during combat
>it's fucking edh, either they had creatures or they didn't and if they didn't they probably aetherspouts you when you attack them
>>
>>46053480
Somberwald Sage
>>
>>46067576
I don't get it either.
>>
>>46067576

giving all your creatures one keyword is good

not sure what you're implying with this statement:

>it's fucking edh, either they had creatures or they didn't and if they didn't they probably aetherspouts you when you attack them

if they have creatures, odric might be able to grant your board the evasion to swing past their blockers. or if you have a deathtoucher, for instance, you can block a scarier board and threaten to deathtouch it away

there's no question that instant speed board wipes are good against a board of creatures trying to swing, but i dont think that makes people retarded to want to give their board keyword abiltiies
>>
>>46067576

how do you feel about old odric?
>>
>>46067461
Even with one other creature on board, he's very unexciting. He's only buffing himself up to acceptable levels and doing nothing for the other creature. So let's say you're pairing him with something that makes him into a 3/3 flying lifelink for 3W. That's not a card I'd play. A 3/3 double-strike for 3W? Not really exciting either. Realistically, for him to turn into a card that is playable, you need at least two other creatures with him on board. And those creatures need relevant abilities. And they need to be different abilities so they benefit from each others' keywords. The bare minimum requirement to make Odric good seem pretty high to me.

But sure, if you have a board with 5+ creatures with relevant keywords then Odric is AWESOME, totally worth it! But that's closer to "living the dream" than it is to "average expected performance".
>>
File: 1406176414276.gif (2MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
1406176414276.gif
2MB, 640x360px
>Just ordered a new EDH deck from a seller where I bought cards before
>Deck will arrive today just in-time before Friday when my playgroups play
>Tracking number shows it got delivered to my mailbox this afternoon
>Check mailbox, there is new mail but no cards
>Apartment office doesn't have it either
>called and put on hold for 2 hours by postal office only to say "they'll look into it"

I am all shades of mad.

What are your new edh decks are you making, edhgen?
>>
>>46066692

Heretical Healer is my commander, and the only planeswalker I actually use is Vess because a tutor is a tutor, and it isn't difficult for me to get 2 uses out of her. On top of that, the discard is relevant to the deck.

>Sorin
He's fine, but I really haven't wanted to use him that often. This is mostly a feels bad thing because I know I personally hate it when it happens to me, but I also don't really need it. Also, 6 mana is a lot of mana that could be spent doing other things.

>Ob
Yea. I actually want to use the new Ob, but it's a weird for for me because of how low my curve is. The old Ob isn't bad either because I do a lot of damage to myself.

>LotV
I need one, and I'm really close to pulling the trigger. It's basically a second commander for me. 3 mana, global discard, and potential removal. I'm just iffy because of eternal masters

>Dark Realms
I used to use her, and I've ulted her in other decks. However, I've recently cut her because I usually don't need it in mono black. I do use her in my GB because I'm sorta MLD super friends.
>>
>>46056400
I have thada edh and I get the same shit. Although to be fair searching an opponent's library each turn to exile/ramp can make turns rather long.
>>
>>46067692
Not that anon but I like him better if only because he plays well with tokens, has a slightly better body, and gets to act as removal paired with perfect evasion on attack when turned on. He's not a creature you can just throw into any beatdown deck but in the right list, he's fine. Not great though.
>>
>>46067788
What are the notables in your order anon? Good luck with that BTW
I'm just making Karona Human tribal for fun and tweaking the Child of Alara no-permanents.dec
>>
>>46067969
It was only a budget deck under $35, Most notable being Jhoira who is the Commander.

Still, a waste of money and cards if I doesn't come to me.
>>
File: absolutely_beautiful.jpg (30KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
absolutely_beautiful.jpg
30KB, 512x512px
>>46067969
>Karona
>Human Tribal

I've wanted to do the same, but more clerics because worshippers and shit.
>>
>>46067692
see even if edh is not that creature based, at least old odric can at least really do something to their creatures. he can kill them. new odric literally doesn't do anything if they weren't interested in doing combat with you. he can't make them block, and the only keywords on him that can help you get damage through bigger creatures are the evasion ones and double strike. the old odric decks didn't have to run shitty creatures to enable him either, lol

>>46067678
uh actually sorcery speed boardwipes are why vague non-value creature based strategies are bad
has nothing to do with instant speed
>LOOK GUYS I GAVE EVERYONE INDESTRCUTIBELVEALII AHRURUHURRRRRR
>"hey calm down there buddy. precombat main phase?"
>HURRRRRRRRRRRR ODRICCCC
>"ill cast wrath of god? gg?"
>>
>>46067787

let me give you a realistic example of when i think he shines

you have a 3/3 beast token from getting beast within-ed
you have a 3 mana aven mindcensor you used to stop a fetchland
you have a 3 mana mirran crusader you cast after that

its a board that probably wouldnt be able to effectively swing unless you were hoping the beast token might trade or something

you play odric for 4 mana, and all the sudden you have 14 flying damage on the board, you could get somebody very low on that, for 4 mana, its unexpected

i do think its a niche card in that it only really works with specific keywords that get exponentially stronger when you put them on all your creatures, i.e. double strike, double the effective power on your board, lifelink, double the life swing of your combat
>>
>>46068078
>it's unexpected
>literally sitting there in your command zone
>>
>>46068063

i've already explained that i dont think indestructible works all that well with new odric

im more than willing to run cards like true conviction and intangible virtue for their ability to greatly increase the power of a modest board

i think if you focus on really good abilities like double strike and flying and lifelink, new odric can be strong
>>
>>46068093

ive already said i dont think he makes a good commander, doesnt mean he cant be good in the 99
>>
>>46068116
Funny, I was just thinking of True Conviction as a card that does what you want much better than Odric. Not that it's a terrific card but it's powerful in beatdown strategies and you don't lose it to the first wrath that gets cast.
>>
>>46068144

true conviction is definitely superior to odric

but odric can be found by creature tutors, so i think he's still worth considering in some decks
>>
>>46068144

>you dont lose true conviction to the first wrath that gets cast

i would hope you save true conviction for a moment AFTER the first (and second, and maybe third) wrath happens

true conviction is a finisher, not a card you play midgame in the hopes that you can untap with it
>>
File: 1451681643711.gif (895KB, 232x137px) Image search: [Google]
1451681643711.gif
895KB, 232x137px
>>46067788
I'm bashing my head against Elesh Norn cause I don't want to do token aggro.

Also Sek'Kuar but that's just getting brewed right now, not much happening there.
>>
File: hill giant.jpg (26KB, 226x311px) Image search: [Google]
hill giant.jpg
26KB, 226x311px
>>46068161
I hate to be the guy who tells others the card they're excited about is going to be disappointing. So have fun considering Odric, and have fun maybe eventually playing Odric. I already considered him, and came to my own conclusions.
>>
>>46053957
Phelddagrif - I hate group hug decks that don't try to win. They just play king maker
Red Omnath - always someone building up a huge board and never attacking anyone
>>
>>46068194

>SekHuar

Run the ratpacolypse. Do it. Fucking just do it.

>30 Relentless Rats
>Thrumming Stone

If they wrath, fuck their assholes with Elementals. If they don't, cast obliterate and fuck their assholes with Elementals.
>>
>>46067788
Blue black poison proliferate because I am cancer
>>
>>46068359
Marchesa?
>>
>>46053957
>Sliver Overlord
>Memnarch
>Prossh
>Derevi
>Don't play enough EDH with enough people to have a 5th
>>
>>46068212
>Red Omnath
Yeah, he's the perfect commander for one member of my playgroup because she never, ever attacks. But she runs Animar (deck is nowhere meme tier) because apparently counterspells are that important to her.
>>
>>46053957
>>46068501
Also adding my top 5 hated here:
>Kruphix
>Marchesa
>Karlov
>Trostani
>Selvala

As an RB aggro player, I generally hate decks that built walls and gain life but do little else. :^)
>>
>>46068529
>Selvala
But my Selvala combos.
>>
>>46068574
We all know the best combo win is the Great Snake Mistake.

...Or Necrotic Ooze fun times with Jarad.
>>
>>46068588
Umbral mantle combo is p cool.
>>
>>46053957
>Prossh
>Oloro
>Animar
>Teferi
>Nekusar
>>
>>46068596
Not really, the best combos are overly complicated. :^)
>>
>>46068639
>best combos are overly complicated
sounds like shit, friend.
>>
>>46068588
Great snake mistake? Is that where you hivemind that snek spell with epic?
>>
>>46068650
Just Magic: The Gathering at its finest. Dying to a two card combo is not fun.
>>46068665
Ayup.
>>
>>46068681
when I saw that deck I decided "I NEED TO MAKE A DECK AROUND THIS but I already have fucking 3 decks on the backburner, Bant "Stop doing shit, especially of the graveyard variety", Omnath Elementals, and animar MORF TRIBAL
And most of those are even in the "Start cutting down to cards I like" stage. where as Damia's snekstorm is in the "Idea I need to get stuff for"
>>
>>46067788
My omnath parts just came in this week, but I did just have a seller give me poor quality counterfits
>>
>>46068933
Yeah... I've decided to stop building EDH decks for a few months not because Rakdos is my one true husbando, but because I tend to go after linear, one trick pony decks. I would really like something that can just adapt to any scenario.
>>
>>46068973
Play a steal your shit deck. The deck plays differently based entirely around your opponents.
>>
>>46068997
Somebody else in my group has that niche down, sadly.
>>
>>46069011
So what, nigga? Ain't no monopoly on niches-- just don't play the same commander and no autistic feelings will be hurt.
>>
>>46069045
Eh, I guess playing Yasova might be fun.
>>
File: insurrection.jpg (31KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
insurrection.jpg
31KB, 223x310px
>>46069069
Yasova a best
Rubinia and Merieke a shit
>>
>>46069045
As somebody who has played with the same niche on a table, it creates an unfair advantage for both of you in politics and boardstates. When they boardwipe you likely also wanted it, leading to defacto teamwork and screwing opponenents over. Then it becomes a race between the two to who can win first. It just leads to more salt and less fun.
>>
>>46069104
Bear tribal subtheme, yeah? :^)
>>
>>46069110
Maybe if you're both playing control. Otherwise, I can't see how two decks who win with their opponents shit could collude to create an unfair advantage

>>46069127
Whatever floats your boat, mate.
>>
File: 1410717165653.jpg (22KB, 400x333px) Image search: [Google]
1410717165653.jpg
22KB, 400x333px
>tfw you finally have 5 decks you are really happy with
>tfw no need to build new ones
>tfw can just focus on foil and alters

Feels amazing guys.
>>
>>46069396

how did you settle on the number 5?
>>
File: image.jpg (30KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
30KB, 265x370px
How should I go about Olivia? Reanimator using her ability to our dudes in the grave? Or a madness route, with like a focus on keeping the opponents hand empty too? Or, finally, vampire tribal taking advantage of turning anything into a vampire?

I have so many ideas, this card excites me, even though I'm so sure it's bad in most every way. I can't tell till I've played it.
>>
>>46069504

I just found that was the amount of decks where I got to play them all regularly, without getting bored of them. I had 12 at one point, but slowly trimmed it down until I hit the sweet spot.
>>
File: 1374998680815.jpg (96KB, 502x417px) Image search: [Google]
1374998680815.jpg
96KB, 502x417px
>finally starting to become happy with a deck
>have a strategy that works and can be improved upon
>test out a new build at FLGS
>"Your deck's really cool, anon. But it's makes no sense flavourwise."
>'Haha no worries, I totally know'
>>
>>46068588
necrotic ooze and jarad??? i dont see it honestly
>>
>>46069557
Necrotic Ooze
Phyrexian Devourer in the 'yard
Jarad.
>>
>>46064682
>until the end of the turn
>with no good commander
>and less than half of their abilities
>also mono white
Nigga what weak ass sliver decks do you play with?
>>
>>46064537
I might try a voltron soldier tribal with him.
>>
>>46053939
Interesting. She makes human soldier tokens.
>>
Mono-blue and shit I get. But why do you have a hate-boner for Eldrazi titans, while nibbling on MLD's member and stroking Combo's shaft /edhg/?
>>
File: this is not good.webm (1MB, 450x472px) Image search: [Google]
this is not good.webm
1MB, 450x472px
>>46070005

Because Wastes means the pleb swarm is all building dank colorless meme decks, and /tg/ hates whatever is popular.
>>
ausfag here anyone want to mail me some spellskites?
>>
>>46067076
Fuck Eternal Masters, stick that shit in Conspiracy 2, hammer its price down to something reasonable. Fuck, I'd take $30 Crucibles at this point.
>>
>>46070095
Only if you mail me its value in cash, so like 200 bucks aus per right?
>>
>>46069904
Original Odric seems better for the Voltron-y build
>>
File: ormendahlprinceofprofaners.jpg (34KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
ormendahlprinceofprofaners.jpg
34KB, 265x370px
Westvale Abbey
Land
T: Add ◊ to your mana pool.

5, T, pay one life: Put a 1/1 white and black human cleric token onto the battlefield.

5, T, sacrifice five creatures: transform and untap Ormendahl, Profane Prince.

Ormendahl, Profane Prince
Legendary Creature - Demon
Flying, lifelink, indestructible, haste
9/7
>>
>>46071073
dies to removal
>>
>>46064537
I do, as a first monocolor deck.
Although he pairs well with Gods as well.
>>
>>46071108
>indestructible
Has to be pretty strong removal.
>>
>>46071073
Gisa will love this. A second Demon of Death's Gate.
>>
>>46071073
Can you search for his flipped form with Shadowborn Apostle?
>>
>>46071328
Nope, cards are their front side in the library.
>>
>>46070969
>only unblockable
Versus
>just every keyword

Yeah I wonder which is better voltron.
>>
>>46071218
Just destroy the land :^)
>>
>>46071763
>LD
>in my EDH
No then the ramp decks might not win every game.
>>
File: 1449933538442.jpg (15KB, 556x561px) Image search: [Google]
1449933538442.jpg
15KB, 556x561px
>make elfball deck
>let friend play the first build of it
>cries after getting stomped 2 games in a row by an annihilating kozilek
>third game draws a couple of the artifact hate cards
>destroys my nevinyrral's disk and swings for like 300
>"nice play anon"

Really?
>>
>>46071763
OH NO THEY STRIP MINED MY DEMON LAND BETTER JUST MAKE 50 MANA WITH COFFERS AND WIN ANYWAY
>>
>>46065980
I am rather appalled by your logic. My Nekusar deck is basically a multi-tool.
>Tons of draw and damage per card
>tons of creatures with conspiracy and rooftop storm
>Cards like Prince of thralls, It that betrays and Sheolodread for thieving
>Bolas, Karn, Tamiyo, Newest Ob for control
>Havengul lich with RTS is 1 for zombies in the grave

Picking up can be slow here and there but I at least give people a try before I play for them.Nekusar is merely a piece of this puzzle, but that extra card is why he is my leader.
>>
>>46072457
You describing your deck just makes it seem really really bad.

Sounds fun though, but really bad. You'd probaby be better off with another grixis commander.
Thread posts: 329
Thread images: 49

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.