[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

New to RPGs

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: die.jpg (101KB, 620x412px) Image search: [Google]
die.jpg
101KB, 620x412px
Hello, I am a bit new to RPGs. On /tg/, I noticed a few threads like the One Piece Quest, Shinigami Quest. I just want to know what system they use.
>>
usually it's whatever the quest runner decides...I suggest asking them directly in their respective threads.
>>
They use whatever the guy writing the 'quest' wants, usually some system of voting or maybe rolling a D100. The quest threads aren't an rpg or traditional game, they're a cancer we're stuck with because nobody else wants them and this board doesn't get enough traffic for the mods to agree something must be done.
>>
>>46038577
Most of them are either "pick one of these three pre-written options, the one that gets the most votes wins", or "roll a d100, highest roll decides what happens". They're basically one step away from freeform.
>>
>>46038577

Those aren't actual RPGs. They're Quests. A sort of free-form choose-your-own adventure style of storytelling that's really popular on this board. Actions are usually decided by group vote and the board's dice roller function No, they don't have much to do with traditional games. Yes, this has been discussed at great length. No, they aren't going anywhere anytime soon so supporting or condemning their existence is a moot point.

They don't use actual systems like D&D, Pathfinder, Savage Worlds, etc. If you want to elaborate on what kinds of games you like, I know I and many others would have no problem recommending a system or two.
>>
>>46038688
Quests have been a part of /tg/ longer than you have. If you are really an oldfag like you're about to claim, you should know better than to whine. Make some productive content.
>>
>>46038577
No uniform system, basically the idea used to be users of a board (usually drawfags) would draw a freeform adventure for the board to play through (this happened on all boards, not just /tg/) but eventually all the other boards shunted quests here because "hurr teegee related" and they became a lot more prevalent. Barely any of them actually have drawfags running them anymore, just mediocre writers giving three preselected options.
>>
>>46038739

What would advise for say a One Piece rpg?
>>
>>46038744
Shit! He anticipated what I was going to say, now it won't be true!
>>
>>46038744
I'm not that guy, but "X has been around longer than you" isn't an argument for or against something. At best, it's an appeal to tradition.
In my personal opinion, I think that a board with larger bump limits would better serve the purposes of quests and other games, such as hunger games, risk, nation builders, etc etc, but I know that probably won't happen.

I also dislike generals because they segregate the userbase of /tg/ and compartmentalize the culture of the board.
>>
>>46038808
>Shit! He anticipated what I was going to say, now it won't be true!
We all knew you were going to whine instead of making productive content.
>>
>>46039018
Porque no los dos?
>>
>>46038769
OVA, like for all anime games
>>
>>46038744
Man, there used to be a saying about people who just complained and didn't create content. It became almost like a mantra to me, whenever the meta-threads about how things are not like the OP wants them to be cropped up.

"Stop crying, create content" or something like that.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.