[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Magic The Gathering: EDH General, Your Very Favorite Edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 344
Thread images: 62

File: I Return from the Workshop.jpg (110KB, 1288x750px) Image search: [Google]
I Return from the Workshop.jpg
110KB, 1288x750px
RESOURCES

http://www.mtgcommander.net
>Official Site: Contains deck building rules and the current ban list.

http://www.tappedout.net
>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their deck’s strategy and card choices.

http://www.mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/commander-edh
>Another resource for commander discussion; they have an entire forum dedicated to discussing decks. People often make primers, which go into detail about how they built and play their deck.

http://www.edhrec.com/
>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the internet.

http://manabasecrafter.com/
>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen Commander’s color identity.

CARD SEARCHING

http://gatherer.com
>Official search site. Current for all sets but has a terrible UI.

http://www.magiccards.info
>Unofficial, but has GOAT search interface.

https://discord.gg/0q3dlAIlJs57Vv8v
>Get annoyed talking to other nerds

Your very favorite edition! I mean your very favorite card in any of your decks!

In jund reanimator, Feldon is my man. The flavor, the mechanics, the art, it's goddamn beautiful. Wish Feldon could be a good commander.
>>
>>46028403
>Feldon can't be a good commander
>>
>>46028509
Mono-red though, anon. I know purph is the real deal, and goblins can do goblin things, but...mono-red hurts. That struggle being able to answer enchantments is brutal.

Also, I don't think there are an enormous number of great ETB creatures for Feldon to use in mono-red.
>>
Fuck this is a hard one
Either Silumgar the Drifting Death or Elbrus the Binding Blade
>>
File: young_liliana.jpg (605KB, 2000x2143px) Image search: [Google]
young_liliana.jpg
605KB, 2000x2143px
>>46028403

This is my current favorite commander, or at least my current favorite deck. It's so much fun, but I don't play it often because apparently no hand means no fun.
>>
>>46028699
Dang anon. What kind of discard shenanigans are you doing to those poor people, anon? Do you just always tutor right for your mindslicer?

>>46028619
>Elbrus the Binding Blade
w-what do you do with it? What deck? That seems like a helluva an expensive target, making contact with an opponent with that sucker still equipped seems hard.
>>
>>46028769
Mono black poison :)
All I have to do is get a mook to hit once with flying or w/e early and then I get a 13/13 flying intimidate trample that I give infect :)
doesnt happen a lot but I just wanted a janky excuse to put elbrus in a deck, it was my first foil and i fell in love
>>
>>46028619

Elberus isn't a legal commander because it's an equipment when it isn't transformed.

>>46028769

Mindsclicer? No. I don't tutor for it because it's too kind. I go full incremental to make them choose. Last time I used the deck, Liliana's spectre hit the table 3 times in one turn, and stopped there because I was being kind.
>>
So I'm just starting my commandering, there's a group in my work building that seems casual enough.

I have the cards for Jarad, and I was thinking Noyan-Dar. Are these good and fun for a beginner? Can Noyan-Dar function in a semi-casual setting without a fuckton of expensive blue low cost stuff?
>>
>>46028859
>Jarad
Solid beginner strategy. Jarad can be dead simple, pretty cheap, and still quite effective. It's frankly a step above mono-green stompy in terms of complexity. Toss in a little self-mill, a little reanimator, and then some strong dudes with a healthy amount of ramp. Lord of Extinction is optional, and probably takes the deck out of the range of casual.

>Noyan Dar
It depends on how casual they are. Some groups cry over control, and you are definitely a control deck. As for deck price, there are loads of blue control options that don't break the bank. Counterspell, echoing truth, capsize, evacuate, blah blah blah. It's doable. Then you just need every wipe around that says nonland, and all of them are pretty cheap.
>>
Opinion time EDHG:
We often talk about what cards are 'broken', OP in their own right, but what cards are the most breakable, enabling the most infinite combos?
>>
>>46028931
Artificial Evolution is nice, and I'm sure there is a lot of this to do with it. But right now, I'm just thinking of Artificial Evolution + Turntimber Ranger.
>>
>>46028931
Staff of domination is obviously printed as combo bait. I can see no other discernible purpose. Though technically, some would argue it's more a combo enabler than it is a combo card.
>>
File: mybbs.png (1MB, 1246x732px) Image search: [Google]
mybbs.png
1MB, 1246x732px
My commander decks, now that Nahiri is spoiled I'm thinking of breaking up my zedruu for it. Thoughts?
>>
>>46029275
New Nahiri is not a legal commander, anon. Does your playgroup allow all planeswalkers as commanders?

Also, new Nahiri is a lil underwhelming. Bad looting for a plus, situational removal as a minus, and a rather specific ult make her less than mindblowing. I guess some sort of RWx reanimator deck could use her? Like, I dunno, Alesha?
>>
>>46029275
lol I thought they did the planeswalker commander decks to declare every pw as a commander, Im dumb as shit. Guess I then will brew sidisi, traitor glissa or somthing else GBx. (no plasm)
>>
>>46029371
Unfortunately not, but it would be fun.
Mark Rosewater stated on his blog that they didn't intend to make planeswalkers with the 'this can be your commander' text outside of commander-specific releases
>>
Unpopular opinions time!

>I think Alesha does the cheating game better than Khaalia while Zurgo outclasses her at control
>>
>>46028837
Boo hoo he asked what our favourite card is, not favourite commander you dumb shit
>>
Can anyone take a look at my prototype deck, especially the landbase, im not sure if im running too few/many.
Its supposed to be a +1/+1 counter deck with a small reanimation subtheme.
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/05-03-16-anafenza-the-foremost/
>>
>>46029471

>I think Alesha does the cheating game better than Khaalia
She DOES only have to attack, and not deal damage. So that's nice. Also, using the graveyard as a resource is pretty nice, as it makes it easy to reuse the same threat or ETB repeatedly. Ok, I'm with you.

>while Zurgo outclasses her at control
Not to trigger anybody here, but which she are you referring to, Alesha or Kaalia? Also, explain further, it seems strange either way. Zurgo is a little slow than either, though being able to freely blow things up all the time is cool, I guess.
>>
File: Playgroup.png (4MB, 1086x1843px) Image search: [Google]
Playgroup.png
4MB, 1086x1843px
R8 my playgroup, /edhg/
>>
>>46029887
Kaalia. Kaalia requires other things to win while being easy to remove.

Zurgo on the other hand wins the game by himself with haste and indestructability on the turn that matters to boot. This allows you to run full control and let him clean up.
>>
>>46029895
Jordan seems cool, Rachael seems like a waifufag, Joe should try harder and Donnie needs to be a bit more original.
>>
>>46029693
Looks pretty good to me
How much land you need is dependant on what mulligan your group uses; if you use the partial paris mulligan (old one) 36 will be fine with your average CMC of about 3, if your group uses the vancouver mulligan (new one) you could consider adding 1 or 2 more
>>
Legendary Werewolf when?
>>
>>46030700
Today apparently, Arlinn Kord is set to drop
>>
Red pill me guys, if I wanted to do an angel themed deck, not plain tribal but angels solely as the theme, with the angels as my main win conditions, which angel generals would give me the best way forward.

What cards would I be looking for to support this theme, besides just the best angels. I know it's not the most optimal style of deck but it can be made at least to sort of work.

My only restriction general wise is Khalia of the vast, as I see her as more of a demons, dragons, and angels general, and I like the angels alone she feels too not on theme.
>>
>>46030806
>Red pill me
Stop that
>>
>>46030806
Similar to this question, is there a good primer or decklist for a mono-white Angel deck that isn't Voltron?

I've checked a few on Tappedout but playtesting them felt incredibly jank and unwieldly
>>
>>46030806
Somewhat similar, brewing an Odric's Angels deck. Although I use Odric's dodging, and various removal/trample abilities to hit with the big angels
>>
>>46030793
She's a planeswalker, though, and I don't see her being a flipwalker, considering her spark is already ignited.
>>
File: file.png (134KB, 200x285px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
134KB, 200x285px
I really want to build Malfegor

I want to see how good Madness is going to get in SoI.
>>
Siege behemoth is quickly becoming one of my favourite cards in Xenagos, it legitimately feels like cheating when you kill people with it.

Stony silence is another good one, there's always one person at the table who looks at you like you just ate a baby whenever you play stony silence.

In my french deck its got to be either abyssal persecutor or ophiomancer.
>>
Help with building a Commander Eesha deck?
>>
>>46031070
You need to be more specific
>>
>>46030806
I'd go Sigarda personally, she's hard to remove, gives to access to ramp to cast those angels ect.

Also she makes the other part of frontier siege playable.
>>
>>46031070
Voltron that shit
>>
File: en_0KtJV0DIju.png (147KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
en_0KtJV0DIju.png
147KB, 265x370px
YES

YYYYEEEEESSSSS
>>
>>46031415
I've actually been waiting for a concerted effort commander, but this guy is even better because he gives them even more abilities.

Going to start making a list for this Odric.
>>
>>46031415
That looks pretty sweet for White wheenie decks.

Also, if I have an equippement that gives deathtouch to a creature, Odric will give Deathtouch to all my creatures at beginning of combat, right?
>>
>>46031553
That is correct, angelic overseer and baneslayer angel both seem like good cards to have with odric since they have a lot of things on them
>>
>>46031553
Yup, because equipment reads 'equipped creature HAS x' and Odric is 'if a creature you control HAS x'
>>
>>46031415
That's a long list of keywords.
Wanna build him in EDH.
>>
>>46031415
I just realized he is only a rare, that's surprising. Also things that give double strike seem like a good investment.
>>
>>46031624
>Deathtouch
>Vigilance
>First Strike
>Trample
Aaaaand the game is pretty much over.
>>
>>46031415
Akroma, Angel of Wrath
Basilisk Collar
Chitinous Cloak/new kozi
pretty much takes care of everything you need
>>
>>46031415
spam tokens and slap sword of vengeance on them. sounds sweet.
>>
File: arlinn-kord.png (292KB, 446x311px) Image search: [Google]
arlinn-kord.png
292KB, 446x311px
I'm so sorry.
>>
>>46031821
That's terrible
>>46031415
That's pretty sweet
>>
>>46031821
>Not a legendary creature
That's sad...
>5 abilities, protection, small overrun, Haste enabler and insane emblem
...But I'll get over it.
>>
Wizards knows we want a legendary Werewolf, I'm sure we'll get one
>>
>>46031821
>>46031871
>>46031879
>people think this is a bad card

This is why MP EDH is shit, it's nothing but ETB and 6+ mana walkers doing anything.

This bitch is a total house in French.
>>
File: obama-cell-phone-facebook.jpg (88KB, 1536x1016px) Image search: [Google]
obama-cell-phone-facebook.jpg
88KB, 1536x1016px
>>46031909
>French
>>
>>46031909
I was referring to the fact that she's a planeswalker on the face up side, and not the legendary creature werewolf fans were hoping for.
>>
>>46031415
This guy is going to be a goddamn house in draft
>>
>>46031909
French commander worst commander
>>
>>46031940
>>46031952
>craw wurm.dec players mad they can't play a halfway decent format.

French is fun as fuck, has a rules committee that gives a fuck and doesn't take 2 hours to finish some boring cold war style game where the losers cry about x cards being "unfun and against the spirit of the format".
>>
>>46031982
Sounds like your MP group is shit

My group is almost always a slugfest with table politics mixed in and it's fun as hell
>>
>>46031534
He does give it at the beginning of combat as opposed to upkeep so there are advantages to both but I agree that in general he is better.
>>
>>46032277
Yeah you should definitely run Concerted Effort along with him to get dat permanent indestructable/hexproof army.
>>
>>46032261
>slugfest
>politics

Oh so no real skill? Just people attacking each other with big dumb dudes and scheming like betas to get rid of x general because it hurt their fee fees?
>>
>>46032449
Not the guy you're replying to but holy shit, the red sea called, it wants its salt back.
>>
>>46032518
I think you meant dead sea.
>>
>>46032449
>Frenchbabby can't into table politics
>>
>>46032518
>le salt
>can't even get the correct sea

Nice one, what an intellectual behemoth you are.

I like multiplayer, I have more multiplayer decks than I do french decks at this point, but multiplayer is fun because of the social aspect of the game, as an actual format its slow and way too many people sit around with big creatures not attacking out of fear of retalation.

At least I can get a few good games of French in while I wait for the spastics to finish resolve their ebin hive mind boardstates that they think are so funny the 30th time they've done it.

>>46032556
>I need politics to win a game of magic

lel.
>>
>>46032541
Maybe.
>>
>>46032584
you need to calm down, friend
>>
how much would a tribal angel deck run me?
I have a Daretti deck but mono red is becoming dull so i'm thinking either Nahiri Voltron or Angel tribal, any ideas?
>>
>>46032622
Build with new Odric and throw in a bunch of keyworded shit
>>
>>46032635
>>46031415
Holy crap i didn't even notice him scrolling down
Thanks for the tip mate, will do
>>
>>46032616
Why are you so sure I'm mad? I'm just voicing an opinion on why I like playing French more.

Once Tasigur fucks off during the next update the format will be wide open again too, I love having shifting metas.

It took Sheldon and his turd burglar friends ages to get rid of a creature people fucking despised, I don't hold much faith in the health of the multiplayer banlist.

Still, one shotting people with malignus is fun as all hell.
>>
>>46031415
>grabbing this fucker first go with Captain Sisay
gg
>>
File: 177.jpg (79KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
177.jpg
79KB, 312x445px
Guys, I just made a no-alt wincon unblockable fatties deck with her.

How much _fun_ will I have with this deck?
>>
>>46032655
angelic overseer + akroma angel of wrath + basilisk collar + Fireshrieker are all good ideas in the deck.
>>
>>46032709
Not much, it sounds like you're just gimping yourself and playing an archetype in the wrong color/with the wrong commander for no good reason.
>>
>>46032742
It's fine, I already know I won't see much wins from this deck, but I want a deck that summons unblockable blue fatties and red bruisers.
>>
>>46031821
Tokens for zero loyalty and mini-overrun as a plus? I'm a fan already. The other abilities are just even better. That emblem though.
>>
Just curious but how many people play online magic versus paper?
>>
>>46029895
>kaalia of the vast
There's always one person...
>>
>>46032874
Kaalia isn't even that good as long as your playgroup is remotely decent.
>>
File: 20160219_103508.jpg (990KB, 1036x1447px) Image search: [Google]
20160219_103508.jpg
990KB, 1036x1447px
>>46028403
Favorite card? Probably Dark Ritual. Nothing quite compares to dropping Necropotence turn one.

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/i-see-a-red-door-1/
>>
File: FB_IMG_1458056830251.jpg (43KB, 446x311px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1458056830251.jpg
43KB, 446x311px
>>46028403
Hard to say really, would have to say either Teferi's Puzzlebox in my Nekusar deck or Xenagos, God of Beaters in my RG deck.

Also xth for werewolf walker.
>>
File: 121.jpg (67KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
121.jpg
67KB, 312x445px
>>46028403
>your very favorite card in any of your decks!

Sylvan Library
>>
How to build Jarad without going combo? My playgroup hates infinites
>>
>>46033082
dredge and play big things until you have a 40/40 and 7 mana up
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ifig4xSp0kA
How to get BTFO by Ruination, feat. the professor.
>9 basic lands
>>
>>46033082
Your playgroup is retarded

Build stax just to show them that infinite combos are the best thing for the format.
>>
>>46033266

>Deliberately antagonizing your playgroup

Are you sure you play this game? You don't sound like the kind of person that'd know how to interact with other human beings.
>>
>>46033257
Resolving a Ruination in Daretti makes me cum
>>
>>46031125
A lockdown/voltron deck looks good, any suggestions?
>>
>>46033266
>masturbatory solitaire is the best thing for the format
kek
>>
File: 1452845391801.gif (1MB, 300x169px) Image search: [Google]
1452845391801.gif
1MB, 300x169px
>>46033082
>mfw my playgroup also bitches endlessly about infinites

God forbid you want to bring an end to the game and move along to a new one instead of sitting there for a 90 minute long stallfest/hugbox.

Don't know about anyone else here, but my group meta consists of marathon games because either no one does anything, or one or two people refuse to let anyone do anything.

For me at least, infinutes aren't even for the sake of winning as much as they are for ending it already.
>>
>>46033421
Card suggestions:
http://edhrec.com/commander/Commander%20Eesha/

Example deck:
http://edhrec.com/deck/?q=commander%20eesha
>>
>>46033327
I mean I play Stax, Stasis and have infinite combos in almost all my decks, but that's because I play almost exclusively with people who, at the very least, knows what's actually good for them. Most play decks similar to mine though, and we all have fun.

I've met so many people who come out thinking that battlecruiser magic is fun until they realize that if everyone plays that, games takes literally 4 hours+ to resolve and are just the same dumb thing every time. They also come to realize that games with big, game-winning plays are much more interesting and that infinite combos are just one flavor of multitude of different big, game-winning plays.

So yes, people that single out infinite combos specifically as "the bad thing", when there are both so many worse offenders in the format and even more things that are effectively equivalent to infinite combos without technically being infinite, are dumb retards.

>>46033422
It's only solitaire if you play against worthless players who lack answers. Which is their own fault for not including them.

>inb4 waaaah waaaah I don't want to have to play anything other than wurms waaaaaah
>>
>>46033468

Because god fucking forbid that anyone play anything but blue and/or decklists sourced from typing "Competitive EDH" into google
>>
File: 1279044314-5bba3f88_620.jpg (62KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
1279044314-5bba3f88_620.jpg
62KB, 480x640px
>>46033468
I agree that cold war durdlefests are awful but
>I play Stax, Stasis and have infinite combos in almost all my decks
God damn dude
>>
File: confused about this card.png (100KB, 200x279px) Image search: [Google]
confused about this card.png
100KB, 200x279px
So if you have no creatures but have walker you must sacrifice it and if you have no walkers but a creature you must sacrifice it right?
>>
File: 1448775787459.png (29KB, 198x200px) Image search: [Google]
1448775787459.png
29KB, 198x200px
>>46033468
>>46033422
>it's another Creatures: The Tappening vs Solitaire argument

Why can't we all just have fun and play Ashling+99 mountains ?
>>
>>46033576
Yes, if there's only one valid target out of both choices (creature/walker), you have to pick the valid target
>>
Do you think soul swallower would be good in tasigur? It seems it'd be really easy to hit delirium.
>>
>>46033607
>valid target

u wot m8.
>>
>>46033650

I would literally rather play Scute Mob
>>
>>46033468
>I mean I play Stax, Stasis and have infinite combos in almost all my decks
That seems a little excessive. I'll play stax and/or stasis and/or some good infinities but having all three in every deck? Seems to me like it'd get a bit same-y after a while. I agree though that anything that breaks a crawwurm.dec durdlefest deserves a fucking medal, though. How far you get to/have to go depends on the playgroup. I mostly run light stax elements that drain resources and make any assumptions of a particular thing surviving to be used repeatably less than certain, but it gets old staring at a totally empty enemy board, waiting to put out something you can swing with when you're burning mana Feldoning an Avalanche riders to sac to smokestack every turn.
>>
What is /tg/'s stance on land destruction?
>>
>>46033857
I love it.
>>
>>46031821
Seriously
I thought Wizards would print her as a human legendary that can flip, so you could finally have a werewolf commander, but nope they had to pull the double walker.
>>
>>46033906
They could still print a legendary werewolf, the entire set hasn't been spoiled yet
>>
>>46033942
totally

I just thought this would be the best way to do it.
>>
>>46033857
It's an important part of the game. Nothing is sacred. It's bad form to keep people from doing a damn thing the entire game but really that just means "play one level ahead of your playgroup, not five." If you wtfpwn them, they'll just get frustrated and not learn anything. If you school them in a way they COULD beat if only they were a little better, they'll get a little better.
>>
>>46033857
targeted land destruction is vital to get rid of stuff like Gaea's cradle and Urborg/Coffers.

MLD Is a valid wincon and a good counterplay to Ramp decks.
>>
>>46033857
Should be played in all White/Red/Boros decks. Your colors don't have ramp. MLD is your right to use.

Targeted land destruction should be in almost every deck to get rid of abusable lands like cabal coffers, gaea's cradle, and maze of ith.
>>
>>46033906
>her entire backstory was she wanted werewolves to be treated fairly
>this was a little awkward due to her position in the church
>church finds out she's a werewolf
>spark ignites
>she gets stuck in werewolf form on another plane
>planeswalks back to innistrad to help her packmates
>can now switch back and forth between human walker and werewolf walker

It was right there in her fucking story that she already had her spark ignited, the only reason we got creatures that turn intp planeswalkers was to demonstrate a spark igniting.
>>
>>46033857
The definition of a necessary evil. Targeted LD is amazing for getting rid of cornerstone non basics.

MLD is one of the few things that can stop mana ramp decks from taking over the game every game.
>>
File: 59784.jpg (51KB, 200x285px) Image search: [Google]
59784.jpg
51KB, 200x285px
I'm currently working on a Krenko EDH. The problem is that I don't know which cards to cut.

Here's a link to the deck:
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/15-03-16-krenko-edh/?cat=cost

A few things to consider:
-the mountain/land count is flexible, but preferably at or below 35.
-My meta contains Grim-Grin, Mina and Denn, Talrand, Doran, Karona (eldrazi), Nekusar, and various precons.
-I want to use this primarily for 1v1 (non french), but still have multiplayer capability.
>>
>>46033468
Mono-Red here, you'd better hope your infinite combo doesn't rely on artifacts because if it does I'm going to answer the shit out of it

And if it doesn't, GG might as well scoop right now.
>>
>>46033508
I'm pretty sure I have more nonblue decks with infinite combos in them than blue.

>>46033535
Well, I play with a really large gathering of people with all ranges of decks, so really not many of them are that degenerate. Brago stasis is by far the worst offender, but I play Nath more for awesome interactions than actually staxing, though that does happen too. Then I have a mono-red artifact deck that has no other wincon but combo but it's so durdly that it doesn't do anything half of the time and takes several turns to assemble the times it even gets the chance to do anything at all. So it's not that cut-and-dry, is all.

>>46033749
You misunderstood, I have one (1) Stax deck and one (1) Stasis deck. Regardless of that, almost all of my decks have infinite combos in them, just so that I can finish out games without fucking around too long.

>>46033961
>>46033978
Am I just biased or would these two posts never have been back-to-back, or existed at all in this thread, one-two years ago? Has /ehg/ matured?
>>
>>46034625
why no Anger/ Porph hammer?
>>
>>46034880
A good mono red deck should fairly reliably be able to destroy any permanent, not just artifacts. It should also run Pyroblast and/or Red Elemental Blast depending on how much blue there is in the meta. These two things together stop most, though not all, infinite combos.
>>
Challenge: what is the funkiest mass removal in red. There is one correct answer.

Whoever wins this challenge will get a (you) with a cute reaction image attached. You have 10 minutes.
>>
>>46035133
warp world
>>
>>46035133
Whims of the Fates?
>>
Asked about this in the last thread, does anyone know of more cards that have an effect where you can steal spells from someone's hand/library like Praetor's Grasp/Psychic Intrusion? Currently building a Jeleva deck that steals everyone else's stuff
>>
>>46035238
By spells, do you mean just instants and sorceries or do you mean actual spells so creatures, artifacts and enchantments too?
>>
>>46035281
Any spell! Currently have the aforementioned in the deck, along with Wrexial, Memory Plunder, Havengul Lich, Mindclaw Shaman, Bribery, Accquire. Cards in that vein
>>
File: Flowstone Slide.jpg (58KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
Flowstone Slide.jpg
58KB, 312x445px
>>46035181
>>46035212
Sorry boys, the correct answer is pic related. Have a (you) for good effort though.
>>
>>46035336
Off the top:
Thada Adel, Acquisitor
Sphinx Ambassador
>>
>>46035181
Its this. Its always this.
>>
File: timesifter.jpg (77KB, 480x680px) Image search: [Google]
timesifter.jpg
77KB, 480x680px
>>46028403
It screws me all the time, but I love it so much.
>>
>>46034993

Explain further

Chaos warp is the only red enchantment removal

Explain how you think any mono red deck should be able to "reliably" destroy enchantments
>>
>>46035557
You look to colourless answers.

>unstable obelisk
>spine of ish-sah
>chaos warp
>all is dust

I'm sure there are more I'm forgetting, but I think you're right btw, there just aren't enough efficient ways to deal with enchantments.

So that other guy saying you should be able to deal with all permanent is half right, you can do it if your willing to spend most of you mana on overcosted spot removal.
>>
>>46035708

Right right

My point is that it's actually not optimal to stuff your mono red deck with colorless removal options, and the best mono red decks just try to race their opponent in true red fashion, ignoring any enchantments they can't deal with easily

Not to say that all colorless removal isn't worth it in mono red, just saying if you have enough to "reliably" kill any enchantment, you probably have a very diluted and ugly mono red deck that has overcosted colorless cards clogging up hands
>>
>>46035810

Also to clarify, this doesn't apply to "mono red" artifact decks like daretti and maybe Slobad or something
>>
>>46035810
>the best mono red decks just try to race their opponent in true red fashion

That's a pretty good way to lose a game.
>>
>>46035866

??

Have you never played a purphoros or krenko deck? That's the only strategy that works
>>
>>46035708
Also: Scour of Existence

Since these and the ones you mentioned are the only answers to enchantments that mono red has, that's all the reason you need to absolutely run them.
>>
>>46035887
Try racing 3-5 other people all on 40 life and see what happens, you're going to get fucking shrekt like a punk.

Purphoros and Krenko can be explosive for sure, but blowing your wad when you have to run though 60-100 life is pretty hard.

There's a reason why the best red decks are the slower grindy artifact decks.
>>
>>46035892

I disagree

In my mind you should play to the strentghs of your color combination

Rather than running second rate cards in the hopes that you can approximate the value of other color combinations
>>
I'm running a U/G deck, and I'm looking for a single reason to keep Vivid Creek in the deck when I could slip skyline Cascade and get a land that actually does something for me.
>>
>>46035942

In my mind daretti and other artifact decks don't even count as mono red, you're right that they are the best, but not because they use red the best, they are the best because they don't bother with too much red

Artifacts are their own part of the color pie, they can do anything, you just have to build around them
>>
>>46035942

Purphoros is perfectly capable of racing any number of opponents

Krenko not as much

That's why purphoros is the best mono red commander for multiplier that isn't actually mono artifact in disguise
>>
>>46035968
>running Vivid lands in two colors
You'd even be better off with a guildgate
>>
File: Asian Mike the kike killer.jpg (37KB, 562x518px) Image search: [Google]
Asian Mike the kike killer.jpg
37KB, 562x518px
>>46035989
You're dumb as shit.

Enjoy attacking 40 times with your raging goblin lmoa.
>>
>>46036009

Multiplier = multiplayer
>>
How do you feel about planeswalkers in commander games? Would you mind if a player ran a non-commander planeswalker as their commander?
>>
The quality of tg has dropped dramatically in recent days
>>
File: lmao so hard Hunto.png (240KB, 280x450px) Image search: [Google]
lmao so hard Hunto.png
240KB, 280x450px
>>46036009
>>46035989
>they don't count RRRRRRRRRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

The autism is off the scales.
>>
>>46036017

Wow impressive trolling skills you fucking fag, you really showed that guy with your smug reaction image and lazy strawman
>>
>>46035952
Yes, you should play to your strengths, but you should also cover you weaknesses. Playing a one-trick pony deck that only tries to do one thing, no matter how well, is just bound to get completely wrecked by the wrong hate card. And there's A LOT of hate cards floating around. No matter how fast and how consistently your deck does X, your deck is dogshit if it just completely keels over and dies when a certain hate card is played.

So yes, while a focused deck that spends most of its deck slots to doing something well is a very good idea, it's still always the objectively right thing to spend at least 5-10 deck slots on removal and/or counter-disruption.
>>
>>46036060
>How do you feel about planeswalkers in commander games?
They're fine
>Would you mind if a player ran a non-commander planeswalker as their commander?
Yeah cuz that shit ain't allowed
>>
>>46036009
>Krenko not so much
Then you haven't seen very good krenko lists.
>>
>>46036096

>has troll face reaction images saved to his computer

I think everybody can see here which of us has autism
>>
>>46036107
>Wow impressive trolling skills you fucking fag, you really showed that guy with your smug reaction image and lazy strawman

Mad as all hell/10

Okay, so maybe not a raging goblin, like a goblin heelcutter.

Seriously, how is racing people as fast as you can in a 40 life format with multiple opponents a good thing? Mono red has far more to offer than just hurr make dudes and attack, but that's not okay because WAH THOSE ARE ARTIFACTS THAT DOESN'T COUNT.

>>46036155
>troll face

That's Mark Hunt you silly cunt.
>>
>>46036123

I never said you shouldn't have removal
Jesus fucking Christ nobody reads posts at all

I just said I don't think running every single colorless enchantment removal you can in mono red is optimal purely because there's no red cards that do it

Run the ones you can cast affordable, and/or tutor or recur

Don't stuff your deck with 7cmc cards that happen to do something your color is bad at, then you'll just be shit at literally everything instead of just being shit at what your color is shit at
>>
>>46036153

Krenko not AS much, I said

Please read posts before you condescend
>>
>>46036230
You better not be casting krenko on turn 2 using a sol ring, if you are it's not a true red deck!
>>
>>46036191

Dude I never said mono red had nothing but goblins, purphoros makes a bunch of dudes but it's not about swinging, Ashling does direct damage

You're the one limiting mono red by assuming it can't do anything except be an artifact deck that happens to throw in goblin welder and scrap mastery
>>
>>46036269

So funny! You're so good at 4chan

You said a guy was mad! Only a really smart funny guy could do that
>>
>>46036016
That was what I was thinking. I already have guildgates, though I'm considering losing both of them and just replacing them with an island and a forest each.
>>
>>46036277
No, you're the one crying about artifacts making a deck not red like a sperg.

Norin for example is a far better deck than krenko or Purphoros, because it can attack players from multiple angles.

>>46036315
Oh boy you're really freaking out now, don't have a trigger attack when some one goes mountain, sol ring, mindstone.

GET OUT SLOBAD NORMIES RRRRRRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEE.
>>
File: shit posting starter kit.png (1MB, 622x890px) Image search: [Google]
shit posting starter kit.png
1MB, 622x890px
You know what secret tech, which is the best draw spell in Shu Yun, should be banned?
>>
>>46036381
What's the puma shitpost? I've never encountered that one.
>>
>>46033257
I've seen decks that run like 3 total

I run a minimum 15 basics even in my 5 color decks

20+ if I'm only 2 color
>>
>>46036328
Yeah, just lose the Vivids. You don't really need slow taplands in a color combination that excels at fixing mana.
>>
>>46036381
Okay I gotta admit I laughed.
Too bad the puma one is so obviously shitposting; all the other ones had one or two serious replies to them in every thread. Although that might have just been samefagging or trolls trolling trolls, i dunno
>>
>>46033857
I only get mad if your MLD play does not also win you the game THAT TURN

Don't make me sit through your crap like that
>>
>>46036344

>norin is better than purphoros

I thought you were at least being serious about magic, if you were gonna troll about me

you can repeat your memes as many times as you like man, I will at least TRY to continue talking about the topic

Idk why you are so insistent about me being mad, if I was mad, what would that prove?

I think you're offended that I said artifact decks don't count as mono red. So let me explain myself, I didn't mean to insult your Slobad deck

Artifact decks can afford to run expensive colorless cards because they have artifact tutoring, recursion, and colorless mana ramp, in high enough density, to effectively run things like spine of ish sah

non artifact mono red decks, in my opinion, shouldn't run something like spine of ish sah, because the tempo lost playing a 7 mana removal, is not worth the gain of MAYBE dealing with a problematic enchantment

I didn't mean that mono red artifact decks are bad or wrong, I just meant that what I was saying about enchantment removal doesn't apply to them because they don't work like a normal mono red deck
>>
File: Image.png (157KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
Image.png
157KB, 223x311px
>>46033257
Yeah that shit wouldn't really fly in my meta.
>>
>>46036591
>he's never played against good norin decks

Gaka's norin list was the bane of many people's lives, shit is fun as fuck to play to boot.
>>
>>46034927
We had 1-2 years of Prophet of Kruphix and Derevi to change our minds.
>>
>>46036640

Give me an example of something a good norin deck does

He has a really cool ability that interacts in a fun way with lots of things, but I'm not seeing what power plays you can do with him

You're not the first person to claim that norin is secretly amazing, and I've read a very famous norin deck primer
>>
File: image.jpg (90KB, 480x680px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
90KB, 480x680px
Any good tech for building Sakashima?
I pulled him in a pack and I want to build him.
>>
>>46036640

Just re-read gaka's primer

Damn I'm having deja vu

Last time somebody claimed norin was better than purphoros, I had to read the primer, and what do you know, same as last time, right at the beginning of the primer, he says everything you need to know: the only reason to run norin over purphoros or Kiki jiki or krenko is that you like being special and different
>>
>>46036789
you the dude who posted yesterday, who bought kamigawa packs and decided to build the first legendary creature as a commander?
>>
File: 48.jpg (74KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
48.jpg
74KB, 312x445px
>>46036789
Drive 'em nuts.
>>
>>46037188
I too love the mimeoplasm
>>
File: Scarred Puma_IN.jpg (60KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
Scarred Puma_IN.jpg
60KB, 312x445px
>>46036789
>>
>>46036789
I think Sakashima is better in the 99 of a commander who benefits from stacking their ability (like mizzix)
>>
>>46036562

I only get mad if you Wrath of God and don't win the game that turn, because I am a shit player and don't understand that overextending is bad.
>>
>>46037435
It's much much easier to recover from a board wipe than from a mass land wipe

very different to me
>>
>>46036969
Yeah, Samefag here
>>
File: draco.jpg (31KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
draco.jpg
31KB, 223x310px
Do you guys know if Wastes count as a basic land type for the purpose of decreasing Draco's mana cost? I'm updating my Scion deck with newer cards and might throw in a Wastes if this works.
>>
>>46037461

Because you probably remember not to slam every creature you draw on the table, but will play a land even when you have 8 out already.
>>
>>46037188
>not pronouncing it "Get rekt" Leviathan
>>
>>46037497
but wastes has no basic land type
>>
>>46037497
waste is a basic land, but has no type. It does not reduce his cost.
>>
>>46037497
you wanna compare deck lists, fellow scion player? always interested in seeing what people run
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/five-color-dragons-new/
>>
>>46037587
>>46037584
ok thanks guys
>>
>>46037640
I'll have to get back to you, don't actually have it written down currently, and just now started brainstorming a new version of it.
>>
File: Tivadar's Crusade_DK.jpg (57KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
Tivadar's Crusade_DK.jpg
57KB, 312x445px
POST FRESH TECH
>>
>>46037461

That's true, but sometimes land destruction might be the only thing that prevents a loss

Even if the player can't win directly after, it may have saved them from losing directly after, so I think you have to respect mass LD as a legitimate strategy, even if it can be depressing, especially if it follows a cyclonic rift
>>
File: Toasty.jpg (16KB, 341x295px) Image search: [Google]
Toasty.jpg
16KB, 341x295px
>>46037188
>mfw Entomb into Necromancy eot
>>
File: 44.jpg (61KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
44.jpg
61KB, 312x445px
>>46037746
OOOOOOooooooohhhhhhh.
Time Spiral is so clever.
>>
>>46031415
>gives first strike AND doublestrike

How does that work again?
>>
>>46033369

That's funny because our daretti player once rage scooped to ruination because it killed his workshop and ancient tomb and tapped strip mine
>>
>>46037974

Exactly how you would think

There is no difference between a creature with double strike and one with both double strike and first strike
>>
>>46037320
he asked for help with his edh deck not his vintage deck!
>>
>>46037787
Time Spiral was such a good set
>>
>>46037974
First strike gives first strike
Double strike gives first strike and normal strike
>>
>>46038133

It's one of the worst blocks ever, along with Lorwyn. I'm so glad we will never see all those dumb confusing mechanics again, I hope they stick with cool stuff like Megamorph and Monstrous for future blocks
>>
>>46037746
>group has 3 Krenko players
Oh yes please give me this
>>
>>46038022
>>46038134
So why do it other than to feelgood about what a long fucking laundry list you've made?
>>
>>46032697

>first go

First go? What are you talking about?

You get this guy last, maximizing the abilities of the legendaries you grabbed first

Akroma is really ideal with him, giving all your creatures haste is a magical feeling in mono-white
>>
>>46038176
Oh stop that
>>
>>46038209
Read the card again, bud
>>
Is Richard Garfield Ph.D EDH legal?
>>
>>46038209

Nobody purposely gives a double strike creature first strike

I'm not sure you understand the card, that list of abilities is not granted to your creatures

It says for each ability on that list, if one of your creatures has that ability, the rest gain it at the beginning of each combat

So the only time it gives both double strike and first strike to creatures is if you have one creature with first strike, one with doubl strike, and then at least one more with neither
>>
>>46038275

Obviously no

But you don't have to follow the rules to the letter when playing amongst your friends
>>
>>46038275
No, no silver-bordered cards are.

But if your playgroup stops you from playing him, or Genju of the Realm, Elbrus or any of the Nephilim as your commander they're the most boring sods on this earth.
>>
>>46037974
So you thought that he gives your creatures ALL those abilities simply if one of your have first strike?
>>
>>46038222

The majority of Magic players agree with me kiddo
>>
>>46038729
This is a EDH thread, a specific format within M:tG.

What you're making is not an EDH deck.

Better start your own thread.
>>
>>46038759
Okay, thanks.
>>
>>46028931
Sol Ring has enabled most infinte combos if you'd ask me.
Dis card above all others deserves a ban.
>>
>>46028931
I think Tamiyo's ult and thus Tamiyo probably would be the card that enables the most infinite combos.
>>
>>46038867
Show me a man that thinks Sol Ring should be banned and I'll show you a man that has never encountered a Mana Crypt.
>>
>>46039028
You seem to be under the impression that you can't want multiple cards banned.
>>
>>46039059
>above all others
>>
File: mana+crypt.jpg (84KB, 390x536px) Image search: [Google]
mana+crypt.jpg
84KB, 390x536px
>>46039059
You did rank sol ring above mox sol.
>>
>>46031415
.... No, doesn't fit in my Iroas Weenie deck, I've already filled that up with creatures which grant their combat tricks to everyone else anyway, and this new Odric doesn't do anything by himself.
>>
>>46039133
>>46039213
I mean I do agree that mana crypt is worse, but I also only see mana crypt in like 1/10th of all decks because scarcity, while Sol Ring is in literally every deck.

So technically crypt, but effectively sol ring.

I'm not the guy who first made the statement by the way, I just jumped in with the post before this one.
>>
>>46039278
Sound reasoning.
>>
File: hopefullybait.jpg (5KB, 224x225px) Image search: [Google]
hopefullybait.jpg
5KB, 224x225px
>>46038176
>>
>land into sol ring into grim monolith into mana crypt into gilded lotus into lotus petal into thran dynamo

Living the dream.
>>
Can Derevi be played in a fair, fun way?
>>
>>46039832
Any way you choose to play is fair, anon.
>>
>>46039832
Sure, just remove her ability to always be cast from the command zone for 4.
>>
>>46029322
Your mum allows all the plainswalkers to cum-insider.
>>
>>46039832
Yeah, don't play good cards. And whenever you win, axe a few cards from your list and replace with off color basics.
>>
File: THEBEST.jpg (34KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
THEBEST.jpg
34KB, 223x310px
I cant think of a better EDH commander.
>>
>>46040206
Then you're very bad at thinking.

Norin is cute, but nothing beyond that.
>>
File: Staff of Nin.jpg (64KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
Staff of Nin.jpg
64KB, 312x445px
>>46040206
Pew pew
>>
>>46039665

And your draw for turn was wheel of fortune :)
>>
File: hkKRwEo.jpg (138KB, 960x883px) Image search: [Google]
hkKRwEo.jpg
138KB, 960x883px
Good Red/White General When?
>>
>>46038176
I know it is bait, but it still triggers me.
>>
>>46037320
This will never be funny, nor a meme.
>>
File: 1433023328015.gif (2MB, 356x400px) Image search: [Google]
1433023328015.gif
2MB, 356x400px
>>46041166
>those alters
>>
File: odric connery.png (1MB, 910x930px) Image search: [Google]
odric connery.png
1MB, 910x930px
>>46031415
PUNCH THE KEYWORDS FOR GOD'S SAKE
>>
>>46041166
Aurelia
Newvacyn looks fun.
>>
>>46037640
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/15-03-16-dKK-scion-edh/
Alright, here's what I've got so far. Looks like there are only a couple differences between our decks.
>>
>>46039028
Sol Ring should be banned on for the reason that I can make a deck out of 99 cards instead of 98 + sol ring.
>>
>>46041166

What's wrong with Gisela?
>>
File: the legend.jpg (30KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
the legend.jpg
30KB, 223x310px
>>46028403
Currently it's probably pic related in DJ Augustin or Worldspine Wurm in Om-Nom.
>>
>>46033857

Yes.

While >>46036562 is a little extreme on his conditions, I tend to agree that you should be casting Armageddon simply because you have it in your hand. The use of LD should always be strategic, either as a way to reign in the rampant UGx player who vomited out all of his lands or if it's how you plan on securing your place in the lead once you've got the cards on the field that you need.

For example if I've got Aurelia on the field and I'm ready to start beating in everyone's face, I might drop some MLD to prevent my opponents casting spells to stop her.

Same if Prossh has all of his lands out and I've got comparatively nothing. I'll blow them the fuck up.
>>
So do your groups have any house rules?

We concede only on sorcery speed and only during your first main phase, mostly to prevent people from launching one final attack to fuck one guy over before just quitting. You wanna punch someone, you sit around and own it.
>>
>>46041807
poison takes 20 counters to kill
when you mulligan you set your hand aside, draw a new set with one less card, then shuffle your previous hand back into the library.
>>
>>46041884
>when you mulligan you set your hand aside, draw a new set with one less card, then shuffle your previous hand back into the library.
turns out this one is actually what you are supposed to do
>>
>>46041807
We still use the partial paris mulligan.
>>
Does anyone have any advice for making a counterfeit cube? Or not even cube I'd be happy just getting equivalent to a booster box of innistrad for like $50
>>
>>46042043

I have no idea what you are asking

Are you looking for the cheapest way to get a bunch of worthless cards you can print proxies over?
>>
File: original.jpg (574KB, 1394x1106px) Image search: [Google]
original.jpg
574KB, 1394x1106px
Any advice?
>>
I was hoping to just buy printed cards that already sorta have the right thickness and can be used to play at home with. Proxying seems like a real pain.

But I'm starting to think nobody really does that at a reasonable price point ($.2 a card or so)
>>
>>46041269
Storm Crow was here first, anyway.
>>
>>46035446
This in a phenax deck with lantern seems really good. Ensure they have lands on top, take infinite turns.
>>
>>46037461
I don't play Wrath of God so YOU can recover easy, and I don't play Armageddon so YOU can recover easy. I play it because it provides a direct advantage to me, either because I can recover better, have a better boardstate, can operate on few lands, have multiple lands in hand, or literally any other reason that makes me think at that moment that no one having lands is better than everyone having them. Same reason I drop shatterstorm against artifact ramp. My card choices are not there to make you happy.
>>
>>46042884
The difference is afgainst MLD it's "you don't get to play magic anymore"

against wrath of god it's "the other guy has played better magic than you"
>>
>>46042918

I don't see why those are mutually exclusive
>>
>>46042918
>>46037510 has the right idea. You can still play magic provided you didn't over extend, same as playing against Wrath of God. If you kept a land or two in hand, you can still play. If you have mana rocks, you can still play. If you didn't ramp all of your lands onto the field prior to Armageddon, you will still draw lands fairly often, so you can still play. Hell, if you have any real boardstate, you can still play. If someone vomits their hand full of creatures and gets wrathed, then it's their own fault if they have nothing to do for the next few turns. The same goes for MLD. All forms of mass destruction are there to punish players who dump their whole hand. No matter how it's phrased, players who complain about getting blown out by land destruction just don't want to have to play around it.
>>
>>46042918
>"you don't get to play magic anymore"
Here's a tip... try to avoid overextending. Seriously, if you don't NEED the land on the field or the card out of your hand, consider holding onto it. Not a lot, but one or two once you're at the 6-8 mana to cast two spells a turn or bring out the big guns. Holding even one land in hand can be the difference between 'Geddon resetting the game and 'Geddon ending the game, especially when mana rocks are things that exist and might not perish at the same moment (Especially since the MLD player is likely to want his)
>>
File: 14692.jpg (15KB, 200x285px) Image search: [Google]
14692.jpg
15KB, 200x285px
When and why did this dollar rare hit almost $10
>>
File: 1457915831848.jpg (88KB, 820x774px) Image search: [Google]
1457915831848.jpg
88KB, 820x774px
>playing multiple artifact/enchantment removal spells in erry deck
>the tears are real
>the salt is real
>mfw
>>
>>46043327
Eldrazi
>>
>>46043338
What color(s) are you in?
>>
>>46043327
people realized it was good

additionally time spiral block is really under-opened so any mildly playable card in it will spike hard.
>>
>>46043338
Niggas don't know bout white removal.dec
>>
File: magister-of-worth_1.jpg (70KB, 243x337px) Image search: [Google]
magister-of-worth_1.jpg
70KB, 243x337px
What are some good political cards that'll engage my opponents?
>>
>>46043349
U/G/W its edh are there any other colors?
>>
File: 1328555968620.png (91KB, 380x379px) Image search: [Google]
1328555968620.png
91KB, 380x379px
>>46043358
>boxes of Time Spiral and Planar Chaos are almost $500 apiece
>the sole box of Future Sight on TCGPlayer is $1500

Guess it's time to buy more Stuffy Dolls and other stuff I like from the block
>>
>>46043392
I mean future sight is the goyf lottery so it's not surprising there
>>
File: images(2).jpg (13KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
images(2).jpg
13KB, 223x310px
>>46043367
Brohams
>nice ramp
>shame if someone were to maybe...
>>
>>46043423
I know but still, holy hell
>>
File: allay[1].jpg (35KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
allay[1].jpg
35KB, 312x445px
>>46043426
I hope no one likes enchantments.
>>
>>46043423
>MFW I realized the foil future sight goyf I pulled could probably trade for Power 9. Battered and not lotus, but P9 all the same
>>
File: images(3).jpg (13KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
images(3).jpg
13KB, 223x310px
>turn 1 pic related
Salt+Lemons
>>
>>46043262
>just don't want to have to play around it.
Which is not wrong. I don't have strong feelings for or against MLD strategies, but if a group has a better time in games with huge, explosive, Timmy as fuck plays, then by all means they are within their rights to not have to play against Mass Land Destruction, in the same way that kitchen table groups that grab cards from every source from odyssey to origins and make janky legacy legal decks shouldn't have to contend with legacy miracles or something.
>>
>>46043504
Worth it
>>
>>46043495
Buyback removal is so good.
>>
How do I make her not a shitty commander?
>>
File: BlueMLDBestMLD.jpg (137KB, 622x445px) Image search: [Google]
BlueMLDBestMLD.jpg
137KB, 622x445px
>>46043607
A single effect is NOT equivalent to a tiered deck. MLD is an effect, Miracles is a deck. You can have MLD in casual, even janky decks. It's a matter of having the breadth of magic's strategy not the deep end of its power.
>>
>>46043686
Never cast her and run red goodstuff
>>
>>46043686
By not using her
>>
I dislike land destruction entirely because of the specifics of my playgroup, which is that there is an Erebos player, who generally has powerful mana rocks in play, and then a zedruu player, who usually also has mana rocks, and the zedruu player always casts Armageddon

And without fail, the Erebos player wins every time

Its already really difficult to beat the Erebos deck, so the fact that I can expect the zedruu player to accidentally give him the game, every game, is annoying
>>
>>46043756
What do you play?
>>
>>46043777

Captain sisay usually
>>
>>46043686
You want to Ult her Asap for the burn emblem, probably. First strike means she'll go off from combat pretty easily so maybe be able to grant that. After that, fuck, you're in mono red so this doesn't end well. No good counter manipulation so you've got to build her up naturally, which is shitty. Chain Veil?

Monored is a bad place to be.
>>
>>46043828
>Monored is a bad place to be
;__;
>>
File: images(4).jpg (17KB, 332x443px) Image search: [Google]
images(4).jpg
17KB, 332x443px
>>46043828
Except for Daretti and his moms spaghetti, Never Forgetti
>>
File: 22.jpg (44KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
22.jpg
44KB, 312x445px
>>46043802
You could run anti-MLD tech if he keeps doing it every game. Alternatively, up you mass artifact hate to the point where it becomes very dangerous for them to geddon.
>>
>>46043917

i actually exaggerated how often it happens, the zedruu dude has multiple decks and that's the only one with Armageddon

It was more just an example of how Armageddon is easy to King make with

I do actually employ a little of both of what you suggested, my deck has an insane amount of artifact and enchantment removal, targeted and board wide

I can't always use targeted removal on mana rocks when there's food chains and omniscience's I need to k-grip, but i do my best to keep them off artifact mana

I also run second sunrise to beat board wipes and land wipes
>>
>>46043881
It's unfortunate but true. Only a couple monored commanders can really get above the "Jank" tier and only Daretti and Norin really make the top. Red has so many fun cards but so lottle good support that most of the time you're stuck playing a fair deck, and fair doesn't win EDH unless you're in multiplayer and all the unfair decks clock each other with Mutually Assured Destruction and manage to somehow NOT catch you in the crossfire.

Not that other colors, especially monocolors, have a wealth of great commanders but red suffers probably from the worst Legend:Good Commander ratio and the biggest dropoff between its top commanders and "the rest". And of course a two or three color combo is WAY more likely to be able to cover its own ass and succeed.
>>
So I guess mono-red gets dumped on here but any niggas want to help out with this? In terms of what to add/drop, tweak

Before you bring it up, Crypt is out of my budget

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/godos-powerviolence-concert
>>
>>46044015

Ive pointed out to the zedruu dude that hes never won after casting Armageddon, even that one time he had darksteel plate, zedruu, three permanents controlled by other players and three mana rocks

But he just says he has to do it, and says the issue is that the deck is made for casual power level and the Erebos deck is on a different level from zedruu

Which is true, but I still don't see why he can't just hold on to Armageddon or at least find a better deck for it
>>
>>46044076
I should add that this is also for a lower-power more casual meta and not full of super cutthroat infinite combo decks
>>
>>46043735
MLD generally has very little to do with casual play, in the same way that stax decks are also not casual. Resource denial, lockdown, etc, these things are not typical in casual play. You have field sweeps because creatures, enchantments, artifacts, they can all be threats. A land itself is almost never a threat in casual play, so a casual player generally won't seek to remove it. It's overkill, a salt-the-earth sort of strategy, literally enough. A mass land destruction play is either a sign of herp-derp chaos, or a sign that someone wants to put another player in a headlock and wail on them while they struggle to put up a fight.

So if casuals don't want to deal with MLD, that's ok. It isn't a casual strategy.
>>
>>46044076

I really like it man

I prefer to run final fortune and last chance in combo decks, since a beat down deck usually wins over multiple turns, but if you like them, I think they are good cards

I might try to upgrade your equipment package in the future as your budget grows, but you do already have a lot of great pieces
>>
>>46044071
How good of a strategy is:
1. Invest in rocks
2. MLD once set up
Seems like it would utterly piss the whole table off, but could still make red competitive. Especially with Daretti.
>>46031415
This is, thematically, everything I would want in white, both as commander and 99. Doesn't do much by himself but brings the rest of your creatures together. Perfect representation of what I like about white. Even works with equipment and enchantments. Very flexible, could slot it in any deck running white.
>>
File: selvala.jpg (372KB, 1040x1536px) Image search: [Google]
selvala.jpg
372KB, 1040x1536px
Can a budget Selvala be viable?
>>
>>46044237
Final Fortune and Last Chance are there just as a real last push kind of thing, I have all those extra combat phases and I can sub them out for a Savage Beating and Fury of the Horde if they aren't working out

What equipment would you put in? More Mirrodin swords?
>>
>>46044252

Yes

Selvala is a great commander and green white is good colors for a relatively cheap deck, you have lots of ramp without needing to buy any expensive mana rocks like crypt or monolith, and lots of small value creatures that shouldn't run up a huge bill
>>
>>46044290
If you've got fortune, is there a reason to not grab isochron and sundial? They're both potentially useful cards in their own rights and the outside chance of "oops, I win" is nice to have.
>>
>>46044252
How budget and for what purpose?

I have a selvala land destruction deck that I quite like for $300, and I could trim to $200 without completely destroying it.

Selvala ramp can be cheap. If you just wanna use her to give you ramp and card draw to throw down big threat fast and consistently, she's fine and could very easily be under $100.

Selvala group hug can be dirt cheap, since it doesn't really try to win and nobody cares about the cards involved in the strategy. I personally loathe group hug, but your mileage may very.
>>
>>46044290

The two equipment you're missing that have the power to take over games are umezawa's jitte and sword of fire and ice

And then yeah I would say the other mirrodin swords could probably replace one or two of your other pieces

One pretty decent budget equipment I'm a fan of is mask of memory

Of course I realize you may not ever decide that sword of fire and ice is in your budget I was just suggesting that the deck has room to grow but that I think it looks great
>>
File: c4rd4r7_P0rlvsPu4q.jpg (280KB, 750x450px) Image search: [Google]
c4rd4r7_P0rlvsPu4q.jpg
280KB, 750x450px
YFW Sigarda is the only pure Angel Waifu left in Innistrad
>>
>>46044433

In my dreams she's a BG Anti-Sigarda that I can throw straight into my Savra deck
>>
>>46044433
I mean, apparently Avacyn was always a Ice Queen.

Besides, boros is too buttmad to be pure, and azorius is too snotty. Only sweet, nurturing selesyna waifu was ever pure, anon.
>>
>>46044508

This guy knows

Selesnya waifu for life
>>
>>46044415
Jitte will happen down the road. Fire and Ice would be a good fit, it's just so pricey. Mask of Memory looks sweet, glad you like the deck!

>>46044372
I have a Sundial that I was going to slot into some half-assed weird deck but it never happened. I might pick up an Isochron
>>
>>46044394
I'm trying to get into EDH and I've set $50 as tentative budget. Ramp with big threats sounds the most appealing to me, and more suited to my playgroup than land destruction.
I don't have much experience with group hug, but I can tell it's not for me.
>>
>>46044433
Miserable. Would rather Host of Hexproof BS died like a bitch or something.
>>
>>46044537
>>46044537

Omg can't believe I forgot to mention

I think sculpting steel and masterwork of ingenuity are worth slots in a deck that relies on equipment and mana rocks and mana doublers

You have so so many awesome sculpting steel targets

And it happens to pair nicely with the isochron sundial package if you do go that route, cuz you can use the scepter for value before you draw final fortune, on magnetic theft for instance
>>
>>46044608

>sigarda, harbinger of salt
>>
>>46044686
>sculpting steel and masterwork of ingenuity
Those are dope, I need those

Question about Sculpting Steel: If I had it come in as a copy of Extraplanar Lens, would I need to exile another land I controlled?
>>
>>46044755

Yes you would unfortunately, imprint is an etb effect

Better with caged sun and sol ring and the like
>>
>>46044547
If all you care about is selesyna hugeness, you might want to consider Karametra, God of the Harvest. She has some very potent land ramp abilities, can set you up for a nice cheap landfall/hugeness/X-cost spells sort of deal.

But then, Sylvala can do a lot of that stuff too. So do as you see fit. Go find big creatures you like that are cheap and put them in a deck. Allstars include: soul of the harvest, angel of serenity, rampaging baloth, pathbreaker ibex, shamanic revelation...pretty much anything with a decent body and the potential to generate value and fuck bitches. You can also run some lowkey cheapo lifegain synergies, like well of lost dreams.

Don't forget your draw spells and your white removal!
>>
>>46044547
Look at the 2014 green precon, it has rampy elves and some stompy stuff, swap out stuff for white staples and it wont work out too expensive, i used the precon for a mono green elfball and its ok
>>
File: 1377221726063.jpg (158KB, 508x590px) Image search: [Google]
1377221726063.jpg
158KB, 508x590px
>>46044433
>Gisela is bad now

I can't have nice things.
I hope they get purified and not killed. At least it was confirmed Gisela is probably the strongest fighter aside from Avacyn.
>>
File: 1418607259882.gif (904KB, 240x228px) Image search: [Google]
1418607259882.gif
904KB, 240x228px
>>46045082
Why must I share my love of angels with kawaii uguu~ moe animu-lovers?
>>
>>46045082
>boros
>probably pretty good at fighting
Anon, her competition is a wild life preserve warden and an enchantress. I fucking HOPE she can take them.

Sigarda's 'weapon' is a fucking scythe. Like for wheat.
>>
>>46043377
Council's Judgment
>>
>>46044875
Thanks for the advice. At a glance I like Karametra's ramp and her ability to setup for cheap hugeness, but one of the things I really liked about Selvala was her ability to force a different kind of interaction from my opponents.
I'm assuming building a more political Selvala is probably too ambitious on my budget, though...
>>
>>46028403
>Your very favorite edition! I mean your very favorite card in any of your decks!

>What is top
Naw, but for the colors I run, it has to be Spectral Shroud. I run very janky decks, and winning through commander damage makes my pee pee hard, because I am poorfag.
>>
File: bruh.jpg (33KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
bruh.jpg
33KB, 223x310px
>>46045343
I dunno exactly what politics you mean. Some of the beloved political cards to play alongside her lie council's judgement are expensive. But Dawnbreak Reclaimer is cool and political and cheap. Same for skullwinder. The vows are also cool and political.

Personally, for very budget politics decks, I like either Edric or Gahiji. Gahiji is most similar to what you're talking about, though he's best with a token oriented build. I have a relatively budget list that could be pretty easily trimmed if you'd like to see.

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/a-pretty-swell-guy/
>>
>>46045528
>Spectral Shroud
The cited card does not exist, anon.
>>
Trying to make a dragon/angel deck, with a mix of some other color to enable better drawing or ramp. Would mayael be the best commander for it?
>>
>>46045614
http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?multiverseid=49094

brain no am workening
>>
>>46045682
Kaalia.
>>
File: sheosheo.jpg (189KB, 756x1058px) Image search: [Google]
sheosheo.jpg
189KB, 756x1058px
>>46028403
>Your Very Favorite Edition

Either has to be Killing Wave or pic related
>>
>>46045762
That alter is cancer
>>
>>46045762
>Wings
>Neither valid lower body.

That's hardly even pretending to be Sheoldred.
>>
>>46045762
But anon, Sheoldred's art is wonderful. It does not require this crass representation.
>>
>>46028403
Possessed Portal without fail. Always grinds me out the game
>>
File: IMG_20160315_132042.jpg (94KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160315_132042.jpg
94KB, 375x523px
Would you run this?
>>
>>46046748
In limited, absolutely.
>>
Hey guys was wondering if you could point me towards a cool direction to approach elesh norn
>>
>>46045818
>>46045851
>>46045994

Literally just picked a random image from Google but I'm glad it sparked interest
>>
>>46047099
Wait until she is about to walk through a Phyrexian Gate, and stop to hold the Gate open for her with a tip of your Progress Fedora, stating "Mi'lady."

Even better if you've been completiated prior to your meeting.
>>
File: 130024143613.jpg (35KB, 453x576px) Image search: [Google]
130024143613.jpg
35KB, 453x576px
>>46047374
You fucking liar. You literally named the image "sheosheo".
>>
>>46033857
It's acceptable
>>
File: 34.jpg (72KB, 315x312px) Image search: [Google]
34.jpg
72KB, 315x312px
>>46036381
>>
File: Kalemne, Disciple of Iroas_C15.jpg (65KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
Kalemne, Disciple of Iroas_C15.jpg
65KB, 312x445px
How do I play this hero
>>
>>46047973
don't
>>
>>46047973
Put her in a deck, she's not that great as a commander.

It's like making a deck with Forgotten Ancient as your commander.

It's sort of a waste of time.

I'm actually really sad that the R/W 2015 deck was so underwhelming.
>>
>>46047864
Because people don't like images that start with tumblr
>>
File: 130.jpg (63KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
130.jpg
63KB, 312x445px
Sigarda is no pushover, especially not with green humans around.
Thread posts: 344
Thread images: 62

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.