[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Designing a Castlvania Esque Castle

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

hey so, in my campaign the players are going to enter a Dracula like castle area, they're gonna have to scale it and reach the top for the final encounter with the bbeg. but i want this itself to take at least 2 sessions to just reach him, that sort of nearing the end struggle.

I've designed some of the rooms but I've run out of ideas, could some of you suggest any rooms or ideas for the castle?

Also i don't have the ravenloft setting book, would that be helpful to get for this sort of thing?

Currently the rooms i have are
-Dungeon
-Foray
-Dining room
-Courtyard
-Kitchen
-corpse pile (where the corpses are chucked once they're dry)
-Library
-Ball Room
-Maze
-Garden
-Chapel
-Throne Room
-Vault
-Alchemy Lab

But i don't feel like thats enough for this monstrous castle that should take multiple sessions to get through.

Ideas?
>>
My bad, i meant to type Foyer not Foray
>>
>>45961243
I assume you've read Castle Ravenloft. If not, you have homework.
>>
>a cheesgame with death
-roof
-some kind of underground sea or
river
- a souvenir shop
-crematorium
-prison
-doghouse (with helldogs)
-an inside graveyard
-an oldschool cinema
>>
>>45961356
>-an oldschool cinema

Or a theater.

One big room that's got nothing but an elaborate carousel.

An indoor pool. A billiards/trophy room so you can do the Evil Dead laughing head thing.

A fancy pub with a skeleton tending bar. Totally friendly.

A whole section squared away where the BBEG keeps their grandma and her million cats.
>>
>>45961243
An arena in the basement for staging monster death matches.

Old forgotten guest rooms containing old, forgotten guests.

An elevator and a monster who's only job it is to work that elevator. He's very enthusiastic about elevators.

A bathhouse.
>>
>>45961334
No, I haven't read through anything ravenloft, but I hear it's basically Dracula in d&d

>>45961472
While I'm probably not going to use it, the grandma and cats things is extremely hilarious
>>
The harem/sexy ninja assassin repository.
>>
>>45961550
No, castlevania is basically ravenloft the video game
>>
An observatory. If they look through the telescope a star something comes down through it and attacks them.
>>
Servant quarters and barracks.
>>
You have to have an art gallery, and an armor gallery, and maybe a garden full of statues.

All of the art is, of course, alive.
>>
Greenhouse, stables, servant's quarters, warehouses, clothing room, curios cabinet, office, hunting house, trophy room, sparring/training room, painting gallery

Btw, if you want an example of layout, the versailles castle has an interactive map of the whole domain.
http://bienvenue.chateauversailles.fr/fr/chateau/bienvenue#!layer-layer1
>>
>>45961243
Make sure it's a creature of chaos, and that it can take many incarnations.
>>
The cellar that has deep water for some reason
>>
>>45961243
Uhhhhhhhhh

The clock/belltower?
>>
>>45962720
Deep enough that there's actually a bathysphere that goes down into some sort of deep sea viewing room.
>>
A couple Castlevania games have had natural caves under the castle. The gothic novel Castle Otranto also features a secret tunnel leading from the castle to an abbey.

Also in Super Castlevania the vault was fucking full of treasure and had golden skeletons.

Rondo of Blood had a haunted ship. Maybe there's a port?
>>
>>45963421
Yeah, Castlevania looks like it's built onto its own small island (probably columnar basalt), with the lower levels being partially submerged caverns leading to a hidden dock. The dock's probably used for smuggling, due to its location around the rear of the castle.
>>
>>45963671
Sometimes it's not even really... built. Aria of Sorrow comes to mind, though that could probably be classified as an exception. How do you put a castle "inside" an eclipse?
>>
>>45963967
Ah, that's due to the revelation that the castle's alive.

A creature of Chaos, not as in mere disorder, but as in the force Dracula taps for his powers. The eye beyond the world which is only seen when the veil is torn.
>>
>>45961243
>ravenloft setting book,
yes. it basicaly contains a 100 rooms dracula castle full of creepy shit.

So yes it would be very useful.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.