[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Warmachine/Hordes General!

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 172
Thread images: 10

File: 1455567205917.png (901KB, 900x600px) Image search: [Google]
1455567205917.png
901KB, 900x600px
You're not the only thread starter, Anon!

▼ Settings Home
/tg/ - Traditional Games
4chan - Rules
Return Catalog Bottom
Update Auto
Post a Reply
4chan - Rules
...Anonymous
Warmachine/Hordes General
03/08/16(Tue)18:25:05 No.45887605
127 KB
127 KB JPG
Back to being the only thread maker edition

Warmachine/Hordes Books, No Quarter, & IKRPG
>>textuploader <dot> com / 52c6a
PP Youtube (gameplay tutorials, tournament coverage, and announcements)
>https://www.youtube.com/user/PrivateerPressPrime
List building at
>https://www.forwardkommander.com
>http://schlaf.github.io/whac_online/whac.html
Latest Errata
>http://privateerpress.com/files/WM%20MKII%20Rules%20Errata%20Aug%202015.pdf
Steamroller Rules
>http://privateerpress.com/organized-play/steamroller-tournaments
The Giant List of Podcasts and Blogs
>http://privateerpressforums.com/showthread.php?76379-Warmachine-Hordes-related-blogs-websites-and-forums
Table of contents for all NQ issues
>http://www.privateerpressforums.com/showthread.php?4313-Table-Of-Contents-For-All-No-Quarter-Issu
Your Dudes
>http://privateerpress.com/community/privateer-insider/insider-2-3-2014
Abridged Lore
>gargantuans abridged:http://pastebin.com/XPKMKYUc(embed)
>hordes abridged:http://pastebin.com/6D1fwSgv(embed)

Lexicanum Iron Kingdoms Lore wiki:
>http://warmachine.lexicanum.com/wiki/Main_Page
>>
>>45957321
And I already fucked up. Copying on a phone is hard
>>
>>45957328
Thats why I never start threads
>>
What is the best legion caster to play into egaspy?

Also general tips for playing against cryx
>>
>>45957438
I don't play legion, but wouldn't it be eVayl or eLillith? It seems like a Ravagore heavy army would fuck him right up, not being able to use any of his defensive tricks
>>
>>45957438
>>45957822
Legion fucks up gaspy, by accident it seems like. He doesn't usually take that many medium or larger bases, usually arc nodes, so it's hard to block line of sight, even forests do nothing. His clouds don't do anything either. Seems like a straight up bad matchup. They might even drop the other list, depending on composition.
>>
File: 476.png (101KB, 500x366px) Image search: [Google]
476.png
101KB, 500x366px
MRW:
Moving to new city in september.
there's no Warmahorde club there.
Only GW presence, no gaming club.
no independent stockists
did GW win a gang war between other competitions in Amsterdam?
>>
Void Seer Mordikaar (*5pts)
* Basilisk Krea (4pts)
* Bronzeback Titan (10pts)
* Despoiler (10pts)
* Titan Gladiator (8pts)
Cataphract Incindiarii (Leader and 5 Grunts) (9pts)
Nihilators (Leader and 9 Grunts) (8pts)
Paingiver Beast Handlers (Leader and 3 Grunts) (2pts)
Agonizer (2pts)
Extoller Soulward (2pts)

What do you think? I don't have Mordikaar or the Despoiler yet but this doesn't seem too bad.
>Revive
Bring back an Incendiarii for value, or put a Nihilator in a REALLY awkward place to Berserk through a dumb amount of infantry.
>Hollow
Nihilators already have tough and I assume it doesn't stack, but giving Incendiarii tough doesn't seem too bad.
>Ghost Walk
Seems really fucking dumb with Nihilators, letting them slide into the middle of your blob then Berserk everything down. Also seems great with a titan assassinating a heavy or a caster.
>Feat
+3 def to Nihilators who already have a respectable 13 means my frontline basically isn't going to die for a round.

I only own one unit of Nihilators, otherwise I'd probably drop the Bronzeback, and bring more Nihilators and a Bellows Crew.
>>
>>45957438
eLylith is the answer to everything.
Heaven forbid you actually try to think about the matchup and use another warlock where you might have to actually devise your own plan.

Play epic saeryn /rhyas with all the nephilim: good luck excarnating that.

Rhyas can go in, kill a shit ton of banes, and oh noes! end up in a bad position!
He will rise to the bait and kill Rhyas.
Then saeryn feats her back, within 2" of gaspy, and rhyas kills him.
>>
>>45958667
acquire Despoiler. It's a cool model, you want it anyway.
>>
>>45958667
Adding a question to this, with Ghost Walk can a model charge through an enemy, then turn 180 to hit it? I'm just thinking about how to make the 3" needed for the extra dice here.

>>45958771
I've actually just ordered one. Every one I could find in the UK was about £35 before postage, so I just ordered one from the US for £20 including. Reminds me of my Bronzeback. Had to import that from the US too because there wasn't a single one for sale in the country. He seems fun with Naaresh since it makes upkeep costs quadruple.
>>
Starting Cygnar, would apreciate some help with a 25 point list. Im thinking:

Caine1
Cyclone/Defender (with Ironclad option, Im planing to magnetize.)
Hunter
Sentinel
Gun Mages + UA

That makes 20 points but I'm not sure how to fill the other 5. Another Gun Mage unit with the free UA? A 5 point jack? Switch the Sentinel for a Defender or other heavy?

I've yet to play a full game of Warmachine so I'm not sure what I'll need to have a well rounded force.
>>
>>45958785
>Adding a question to this, with Ghost Walk can a model charge through an enemy, then turn 180 to hit it? I'm just thinking about how to make the 3" needed for the extra dice here.

Excellent question and something a lot of people get wrong.
You can charge through things, but not through your charge target, ever.
Because the charge target cannot ever leave your model's melee range, once you get into range. So you can never have your models halfway mark go past the halfway mark of the target model.
This applies to all the things that allows to move through models, especially acrobatics.
This even applies to normal charges; you simply cannot move past that halfway mark, because the target will leave your melee range during your movement, and that isn't allowed. unless of course you manage to engineer it so that the target isn't in your models melee range until you have got your model around the back.

Note that if you're not charging then yes, you can move over your target, turn around and hit it. But it won't be a charge. You won't get the back-strike bonus either if you started in the target's front arc.
>>
>>45958912
cygnar at 25pts?
caster + squire + stormwall + gunmages + ua + any 2pts of solos.

That is the only cygnar build you're allowed. Anything else is sub par and you should feel bad for being so new and hopeful.
>>
>>45959393
If only Mordikaar had Savagery as well.
>SPD11 Nihilators casually strolling into the middle of your army and melting it

Also just to double check, for the back strike bonus the model needs to have started its activation behind its target, right? This means I can Revive a Nihilator behind enemy models and when activated that model gets to back strike everything, correct?
>>
>>45958765
She can't drop into convergence for shit
>>
>>45957438
In the past (and now) its probably searyn. Lylith isnt that great, and eVayle is a 50-50, mostly skill based match up
>>
>>45958912
Rangers are good since it's all shooting. I really don't have experience with caine1 but I Would think he'd want more focus to himself to shoot stuff and teleport. 3 jacks is probably too much. I would put the hunter or defender on the gun mages and think about dropping the sentinel for a journeyman and some other 2pt solo. I like the sentinel a lot, but it has the same sort of targets the gun mages, rangers, and caine all have
>>
>>45961627
*or some other solo

Aiyana and Holt maybe to help with armor.
>>
I want to start Warmahordes, and I'd like my army to be shooty and fairly beast/jack heavy. From what I gathered so far, Legion is probably my best guess, correct?
>>
>>45962180
*best option, even.
>>
>>45957970
What? Don't the entire Netherlands have a really strong WMH scene? Why isn't there anyone playing it in Amsterdam?
>>
>>45958785
>>45959393
Also note that Ghost Walk doesn't make you incorporeal, so you cannot charge through models at all. Unless you are also incorporeal.
>>
>>45958667
What is that list supposed to drop into? If it's your Cryx/Dudespam drop then one heavy (usually Tiberion) should be enough. You would then want to include other things like Slingers or Raider+Shaman.
>>
>>45962180
Yes. Most definitely. Although Protectorate and maybe Cygnar can also do it.
>>
>>45962949

Everywhere but Amsterdam...
it is a really weird country.
>>
>>45962180
Legion or trolls
>>
When using Ravyn against Circle, is it generally worthwhile to try and quickly shoot the Gorax out from under them if you get the chance?
>>
>>45963523
Probably better to target the stones first, no?
>>
>>45957321
Thanks anon, I appreciate it.
>>45963523
Whack the stones first to limit their teleportation shenanigans.
>>
>>45964335
>>45964438
What to shoot after the stones if I still have time to do so?
>>
>>45964635
I'd say targets of opportunity. Solos pushed to far up, wounded warbeast or their caster.
>>
>>45964686
But I fucking hate tha gorax tho, and sometimes he's open.
>>
Yo people can i convert Vigilant to Devout or other sort of more usefull light Menoth jack?
>>
>>45965594
As long as it is clearly a devout I don't see what not. Problem there would be a Vigilant with a polearm would get mistaken for a Revenger.
>>
Im thinking of going with one of two Cygnar lists for a 25 point slow grow, Ive narrowed my choices down to:

Caine1
Defender
Cyclone (mostly for cool factor)
Gun Mages + Officer
Hunter

OR

Caine1
Sentinel
Gun Mages + Officer
Cyclone
Gun Mages + Officer
Hunter

Are either of these lists decent? How should a 25 point Caine1 list look? How would either of these transition into a Gatecrash focused Caine2 list?
>>
>>45962969
excellent point.
>>
>>45965594
No. Wrong chassis.
Vigilant is revenger/repenter chassis.
The Vigilant is also a very useful WJ. Use it.
>>
Fiddling with Legion tournament lists. I'm suddenly curious why most eLylyth lists run 2-3 Ravagores, when at 50 you can do this:

eLylyth +5
- Ravagore 10
- Ravagore 10
- Ravagore 10
- Ravagore 10
- Ravagore 10
Blighted Nyss Shepherd 1
Blighted Nyss Shepherd 1
The Forsaken 2
Spell Martyr 1
>>
>>45970450
A single unit of Croaks will teach you why.
>>
>>45970450
You only need to light their caster on fire once, you know
>>
>>45970450
Hi.
>>
>>45970450
no naga/10
>>
>>45966543
You want to add Reinholdt, Squire(Although with Caine1 Sylys might be better), and Rangers in there somewhere. Especially if you want to transition to Caine2.
>>
>>45962180
You want Kommander Harkevich and one of every jack/collassal with a gun.
>>
>>45977480
Don't listen to horrible advise like this.
>>
>>45977480
Yeah this guy is crackers
Legion is pretty much the way to go for shooty hordes
for Warmachine Cygnar and Mercs are shooty but will run a Colossal which is probably not what you're looking for
>>
>>45963004
It's supposed to be just a general rounded casual play list. It's got heavies to kill beasts, and infantry to kill infantry.
>>
the players in my gaming club want to do something silly for a league. some of them used to play blood bowl in the past and want to do something like that but in the iron kingdoms.
how would you guys go about converting warmahordes rules into an american football themed game?
also, no Grind.
>>
>>45979587

If you're not doing Grind, then do you want it to be regular infantry on infantry with warjacks or warbeasts as the Big Guy equivalents, or not-Grind with all jacks and warbeasts?
>>
>>45980324
>regular infantry on infantry with warjacks or warbeasts as the Big Guy equivalents
>>45980324

a bit of both.
maybe with jack marshals and beast handlers running around the field providing support, while the jacks/beasts are making the plays.
>>
>>45978462
Yeah, no colossal to begin with. Alright, I'll look into Legion closer - my friend wants to play Circle, so maybe we'll just get the Hordes starter box.
>>
>>45981809

Seems like a good plan.
>>
I'm trying to put together a fun, decent Menoth list. How does this look?

Feora2
Hand of Judgement
Templar
Hierophant
Initiate Tristan Durant
Purifier x2
Vassal of Menoth x2
Choir of Menoth (Full)
Exemplar Bastions (Full)
Flameguard Cleansers (Min.)
Nicia, Tear of Vengeance
>>
>>45981940
The contents of the starter box add up to 21 points for Legion, any idea on how to flesh that out to 25? Also, is the heavy in there modular like the normal box (carnivean/scythean/ravagore), or can you just build a carnivean out of it?
>>
>>45970450
I think you should look up Bolt Throwers.
>>
Is Warmachine: Tactics any good provided you can get it for cheap (in the current Humble Bundle, for example), or is the game as garbage as its pricing model?
>>
>>45983440
Lol, no.

Warmachine tactics is a game that's fundamentally flawed. It's very design is such a clusterfuck that no amount of HUD and UI improvements will ever make it more than a money sink to try and desperately sucker WM/H fanatics for their pocket change.

If you can get it for less than a dollar, sure. Have fun. Just don't waste a single cent on DLC.
>>
>>45978882
I still feel like you're missing a good hollow target though. It's not that great on heavy infantry.
>>
File: Menoth Mans.jpg (1MB, 1663x935px) Image search: [Google]
Menoth Mans.jpg
1MB, 1663x935px
OG warmachine player here. I stopped playing shortly after hoards came out.
Potato image related.
I've got:
Feora, normal and epic.
Harbinger
Amon ad-raza
High reclaimer
High executioner

Exemplar seneschal
Paladin vilmon x2 for some reason
Paladin of the wall x2
Reclaimer
1x choir of menoth. No idea how I only have 1. I might convert it to be another reclaimer.

12x flameguard clensers
14x flameguard +officer attachment
6x deliverers
3x the wrack

2x devout
Vanquisher
Repenter
Reckoner

I've had a quick glance over the new stuff but nothing in depth yet. Looks like casters might have list restrictions now.

Seems I can run an ok fiora list but I always liked Amon and he seems to favour newer stuff I don't have.

Any thoughts on what I can do with this stuff? I'd hope to not have to buy too much maybe only a unit or say 2 light jacks.
>>
>>45979587
Look up a game called guild ball, might give you some ideas. It was designed by competitive warmahordes players.
>>45982486
Sadly only builds a Carnivean. It's ok though because that is still a very good beast. Just maybe not a long range one.
>>
>>45984766
yeah but spray 10 is still nice, I actually need a ravagore kit currently as I picked up the old pewter carnivean and scythean models for cheap.
>>
>>45979587
Is grind bad?
>>
>>45984688
nice socks, fag
>>
>>45985862
That's my girlfriend. She is working on her dreamer box for malifaux.
>>
>>45985907
Nice girlfriend, fag.
>>
>>45983844
Then it's a tragedy that Skorne's best spammable infantry unit already has tough. Fuck this faction with a rake.
>>
>>45986789
You're bot supposed to spam them. Take like a unit of Nihilators and Slingers each. Or Nihilators and Swordsmen. Or Nihilators and Immortals (not with Mordikaar).
>>
>>45986897
I'm having a quick read of battlecollege, and keltarii seem like the perfect hollow target, especially with Mordikaar. Because they can't be hit by free strikes, they can run straight into somewhere silly for an essence blast.
>>
>>45983440
Don't listen to 45983541 they've likely not touched it since it first came out.

If you'e speaking of the current Humble Bundle deal to get Tactics+Mercs for $1 go for it. The game has made some decent advances and is easily worth $1. It's especially worth it if you have a few Steam friends who also play it as the multiplayer really is the best part of the game.
>>
>>45986897
Oh man Nihilators actually seem really good with Mordikaar now that I've thought about why Keltarii seem good. If my Nihilators can't be hit by free strikes, they can get into crazy places. If my opponent tries to stop me by clumping up, LOL CLUMPING UP AGAINST NIHILATORS.
>>
>>45987261
Alright, I'll give it a try. Can't really hurt for 1$
>>
>>45984688
Yo paint those glorious Menites.
>>
>>45985843
not bad per se, but it's a stand alone board game.
It could have been the bloodbowl of the iron kingdoms, but that would have required support from PP, like bringing out new teams, new formations, new terrain maps.
But no, why would PP do that when they can try to force feed high command or that level7 crap to everyone??
>>
>>45985907
nice fag, girlfriend.
>>
>>45987261
I check the game with every update you worthless corporate slave.

No amount of UI or HUD changes, or graphics streamlining and engine bugfixes can undo the fundamental game design errors with how the damned game plays. Like a poor mans XCOM, but with warmachine characters.

All their updates, to this day, have been focused on their awful fucking multiplayer. Either desperate attempts to make it tolerable, or to crap out more virtual shit to make retards pay money for.

They've COMPLETELY forgotten to finish their intial single player campaign, and postponed the two other ones indefinitely! Those two that were PART OF THE DAMN KICKSTARTER. For fucks sake, most of the 'cutscenes' in the single player campaign are fucking slideshows with voiceovers. SLIDE. SHOWS.

And like I fucking said, if you can get it for less than a dollar - knock yourself out. Don't except much, and DON'T put in a single fucking cent into the DLC garbage.
>>
>>45987862
erm...yes it can. As they say "ignorance is bliss" just by witnessing that piece of shit firsthand will be like trying to give yourself an abortion using a coat hanger, even though you are male.
>>
>>45988519
what bugs me the most in tactics isn't the bad voice acting, or the slide shows.

It's that the game uses ragdoll physics.
I mean why the fuck would you waste processing power on ragdoll physics in a game where you're zoomed out to get a general view of the battlefield? You hardly even notice fucking ivan the winter guard grunt, just make a sprite that fades or something, not fucking ragdoll physics engine.

>FFS
>>
>>45984688
nice loot bro.
It's time for you to get building and painting !

You will need:
Choir
rhupert carvolo
the covenant of menoth
a redeemer
2 vassals of menoth

As your lawyer I would advise you NOT to purchase the Avatar or the colossal yet, wait until the new versions are released.

You can almost make a high reclaimer tier list. No it isn't recognized as a really good tier list, but 2 units of cleansers can be fun.
You could also go for feora2 world aflame which requires cinerators which are cheap as dirt until they get a ua that makes them really good.
>>
>>45988588
I'm kind of upset there are no voice files for the game. I'm curious to compare my imagination to the product
>>
Faction: Retribution of Scyrah
Casters: 1/1
Adeptis Rahn Shyeel (*6pts)
* Phoenix (10pts)
* Sylys Wyshnalyrr, the Seeker (2pts)
House Shyeel Battle Mages (Leader and 5 Grunts) (5pts)
Houseguard Halberdiers (Leader and 9 Grunts) (7pts)
* Houseguard Halberdiers Officer & Standard (2pts)
Lady Aiyana & Master Holt (4pts)
Mage Hunter Infiltrators (Leader and 5 Grunts) (5pts)
* Eiryss, Mage Hunter Commander (3pts)
Stormfall Archers (Leader and 3 Grunts) (5pts)
Arcanist (1pts)
House Shyeel Artificer (3pts)
House Shyeel Magister (2pts)
House Shyeel Magister (2pts)
Mage Hunter Assassin (2pts)
Narn, Mage Hunter of Ios (3pts)

I'm building up to this list but my main concern is that I'm worried about it not being able to deal with armour.
My main opponents are legion, circle, and gators and I haven't been having any trouble with them as I've been playing Khador, but now that I'm running Retribution I'm not sure exactly what to do to deal with armour. Are sentinels the only answer?
>>
>>45990543
Will assassination and scenario threats be enough to stay competitive?
>>
>>45990543
>I'm worried about it not being able to deal with armour.
Welcome to Retrobution. I play Cygnar and I feel your pain. Have you considered Have you considered Dawnguard Sentinels?
>>
>>45984688
Get Choir ASAP, it's complete must include in all Menoth list.
>>
>>45984688
>Warmachine/Hoards
That name sounds more true to reality if I consider my painting backlog.
>>
>>45989545
I would like to try that as well.

Man, EVERYTHING about Tactics sucks.
>>
>>45987862
Exactly. There's nothing to lose. Form your own opinions on the game. Too many butthurt people shit on it. It's definitely no Xcom but who cares, it's fun. Not to mention that bundle has a few other decent games. Especially at the higher levels. Shadowrun: Dragonfall is fantastic.

>>45988519
>They've COMPLETELY forgotten to finish their intial single player campaign
From the Kickstarter "WARMACHINE: Tactics will ship with the “No Man’s Land” campaign, featuring Cygnar’s Lt. Allison Jakes, a young journeyman warcaster trained as a duelist who is unexpectedly thrust into a position of great responsibility and leadership before she is ready." That Campaign is complete and all in the game so no, they didn't forget. They shipped exactly what they promised.

There is a Campaign pack coming down the pipe with a Cygnar vs Cryx theme (iirc Haley is being added as well) so there is more single player content coming. There's also a Menoth vs Khador pack further down the line.

>pay money for
Outside the kickstarter stretch rewards there has been no paid content and all added units are free for any base Faction or included with the original DLC for Retribution/Mercs.

>>45988588
>ragdoll
I will agree that the ragdoll physics are really pointless and stupid.

>>45989545
There are voices in game. Assuming you mean files you can pull out of the game folders?
>>
File: Untitled.png (275KB, 963x432px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
275KB, 963x432px
>>45995695
>Outside the kickstarter stretch rewards there has been no paid content and all added units are free for any base Faction or included with the original DLC for Retribution/Mercs.
I'm sorry, what was that?
>>
>>45996272
Those were Kickstarter stretch goals.
>>
File: WMT_DoomReaver_Pose.jpg (188KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
WMT_DoomReaver_Pose.jpg
188KB, 1920x1080px
>>45996272
>>45996432 Beat me to it.
>>
>>45996536

>Fellblades aren't glowing

I didn't think this game could disappoint me more than it already had.

I was wrong.
>>
>>45996432

>KS stretch goals

Why does that matter? Paid DLC is paid DLC.
>>
I really don't know why they didn't just go with a
hack and slash game like Space Marine
Or like how it was originally intended in the first
trailers... Probably the dumbest move they've done. It's really just a half assed version
of the tabletop
>>
File: WMT_PistolWraith_Pose.jpg (156KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
WMT_PistolWraith_Pose.jpg
156KB, 1920x1080px
>>45997990
That's a WIP model. The Pistol Wraith had no effects on it yet either.

>>45998101
Because the part he quoted explicitly states non-stretch goal. Those DLC are not part of the base game. The people on Kickstarter paid extra money for them. So making them DLC is not only fair but something they didn't have to do, they could have just left other players unable to get them at all. Which people would then bitch about.

Between getting the game from Humble Bundle and a Steam Sale I didn't pay more than $10 for the whole game and all DLC. It's was well worth it to thrash my friends online.
>>
>>45995695
I mean on like YouTube or something so I can listen to them
>>
>>45999005

Agreed. They made it too similar to the tabletop miniatures game and not fun enough to ever invest time in the video game over the former.

Would have been awesome to hack and slash through a bunch of guys as Stryker or Butcher.
>>
>>45999690
Oh yeah. That would be nice. The voice work in the game is pretty good and most major characters have a proper accent at least. Strak I know has an especially thick one in game.
>>
>>46002652
I wonder if Gaspy's voice is as sexy as I imagine it
>>
>>46003587
There are some gameplay vids on youtube using him that you can probably hear some of it.
>>
>>45999005
apparently because an FPS kind of thing would have had to be a triple A game and cost way too much.
Which I think is a whole load of bullshit. They could have done it.
After all doom, quake2, world war 0, fire warrior all exist, how many cheapo FPS are there? fucking loads.
I would have rather had a cheapo warmachine FPS than tactics shit.

tactics is just so clunky and ungainly (just like BB vidya gaem) that is not what players want from a video game. If they wanted complew rules with high learning curve, then they'd be playing the tabletop version (and this goes for BB too)
>>
>>46004880
Exactly right.

We already have a tactics game with super high res graphics.

But then it's not like there aren't more shooters than you'd care to play already.
>>
>Friend and I are going to split a Warmachine starter box
>I picked Menoth, He wanted Khador
>Looking at lists, can see that it wants to be expanded upon

So how do we improve / expand upon the starter contents?
>>
>>46004880
>BB
Assuming you mean Blood bowl, at least that has the excuse of not actually being a supported physical game anymore.
>>
>>46006860
All-in-one army box is usually a great fukken buy.
>>
Okies, thanks for the responses, still have a few questions. Still working on Legion, but not hugely experienced with them (I play Circle, and there are relatively few Legion players locally; I played Legion five years ago but didn't actually play much).

Also, I'm looking at this as a tournament list, so I'd have another list (at the moment, pThags/BB/Warspears) as a more general purpose list. (It's probably a valid critique that neither this nor that list is all that great against dudespam, but anyway...)

>>45970641

I'm not seeing how Croaks are all that scary to stealthed Ravagores; they are annoying (inasmuch as the 'gores can't kill them outright, but can still set them on fire), but with Shadow Pack on eLylyth, they're vastly outranged by the 'gores.

>>45972738

True enough, but I'm looking at it as 5 Ravagore shots on non-feat turns to wreck a heavy, and 10 shots on feat turn to assassinate.

>>45974716

I'd probably drop the other list into CoC, given Lucant's resistance to being assassinated.

>>45975527

Fair enough.

>>45982765

Good point, I played them briefly when they first came out and was unimpressed, although I think I underestimated them.
>>
>>46008775
The bolt thrower is just better and more economical
>>
>>46008877
So....

eLylyth +5
- Ravagore 10
- Naga Nightlurker 5
- Nephilim Bolt Thrower 6
- Succubus 2
Blighted Nyss Shepherd 1
Blighted Nyss Shepherd 1
The Forsaken 2
The Forsaken 2
Strider Deathstalker 2

?

Noting that I'm looking for a ridiculous skew list to pair with something that's more general purpose...
>>
>>45970450
You'd run into the one masochist that plays Strakhov and have a bad day.
>>
>>46009032
Idk if I would be that extreem.

On a side note, I just dispise lylith2. She's just a glorified game of yhatzee, in a way that the rest of the game isnt
>>
>>46009659
It's more like playing 40k. Gunline all day every day.
>>
>>46009659
Yeah, I think she's the worst caster in the game to play against. Since she wouldn't be my main drop, I'm leaning towards a ridiculous skew, though.

May just take Saeryn instead, though, and try to actively fight dudespam.
>>
>>46010889
Vayl1/Vayl2 is a powerful pair, have you considered them?
>>
File: Garryth.jpg (72KB, 647x852px) Image search: [Google]
Garryth.jpg
72KB, 647x852px
>>45957321
>>45957321
Hey anons, I'm a ret player who does fairly well against other machine factions but I very much struggle against the horde side of the game. Any tips to help me against them would be very much appreciated.
>>
>>46012551
Same for me, though I'm a CoC player
>>
>>46011758
pThags/BB/Warspears is my main list (as it's sitting on my painting table right now). Mostly just thinking out loud about the second list.

Pretty much everything is an option at this point.
>>
My friends and I in a few months will be playing a round robin 35 points 2 list thing. Right now we're at 25 points and the only caster I have is Rahn, who is a better caster to pair him with? Ossyan, Kaelyssa, Ravyn?

My local play group has Khador, Trolls, and Convergence.
>>
>>46008775
Immnuity: Fire means you can't set them on fire.
>>
>>46012834
Really? At the steamroller I was at this weekend the finals was CoC vs trolls and CoC guy won pretty handily from what I saw. My main problems like with Circle and Legion, I do pretty decent against Trolls half the time and have actually never played against skorne before.
>>
>>46013238
They don't have that though. They have Immunity: Excarnate.
>>
>>46012834
>>46013256
Just remembered, CoC guy also took out a Circle player pretty well too. He might have just been lucky and the opponents picked the wrong list though. What in particular is troubling you with Hordes
>>
>>46013238
They have Imunnity: Corrosion, not fire. They don't take damage from the Ravagore's shots, but still get set on fire from the animus.
>>
>Mordikaar
>Despoiler
>Void Spirit x2
>Aptimus Marketh
>Moldy Ochre P3 paint for the Void Spirit sand colour

How's my shopping list looking? I'm aiming to start using Mordikaar as a mainstay warlock of mine since he just looks fun to use since he can slip Nihilators into the middle of your army with Ghostly for the no free strikes, then they can turn around and cleave through everything. I think I'll pair Mordikaar with pMakeda as my other 50pt list because she's just solid. Recently realised that +5SPD from Savagery combined with +2SPD from a Tyrant Commander on Nihilators means they have a 15" threat range. An entire unit of Molik Karns.
>>
>>46012834
What are your issues man.

Lucant drops into just about everything but Skorne pretty handily if he's built right, though right now I'm in a bit of a bind regarding Mulg/Doomy3, but working on some dojo to deal with that. I personally pair with Syntherion, who rolls Skorne pretty hard, and can drop into some Circle and Trolls as well with some decent results.
>>
>>46009659
I guarantee that if theres a 3rd edition, she'll get gutted.
>>
>>46009659
Removing Shadow Pack will severely tone her down, because so many lists will actually be able to remove one of her heavies at range.
>>
So when does the bew No Quarter release?
What spoilers can we expect?
>>
>>46015790
I'm surprised she hasn't gotten whacked in the recent balancing errata, honestly, and wouldn't be surprised if her feat gets tweaked in an upcoming errata.
>>
>>46014158
Apologies, I honestly thought they had both for a second there.
>>
>>45966543
The Cyclones seem kind of redundant next to the Gun Mages. Both are good at killing infantry, but you'll definately need something to crack armor. For caine's tier list, I really like a pair of Hunters.
>>
>>46015953
Like in a week.

I'm assuming the Prime Conflux's rules will drop, given they showed the sprue earlier this month. Maybe something else for Convergence, given they confirmed the Conflux isn't the only thing they're getting.
>>
>>46016336
>>46015790
I don't think she will get nerfed.
The naga nightcrawler was purposefully made to take her game up to 11. And I can't think of anything that has happened since then to have changed PP's mind
>>
>>46017260
She does need a slight nerfing or some way to control her.

She's really one of those 'no fun allowed' warlocks. She's literally dragging the game down due to that.
>>
>>46017260
Her nerf, if it comes, will be focused on Shadow Pack.

Losing Shadow Pack does nothing to change how she operates, it just gives her opponents a chance to actually do something to her army.
>>
>>46017525
And why does eKaya need a nerf?
>>
>>46012838
I just recently got a BB and am trying to think of what to put in it, I know warspears+ua is a must but what else?
Care to share list?
>>
>>46017630
Yeah man because removing a spell on ne caster totally means it will be removed from this significantly weaker caster.
>>
>>46017812
Starting with:

pThags +5
- Blightbringer 18
- Carnivean 11
- Succubus 2
Warmonger War Chief 3
Warspears + UA 10
Warspears + UA 10
Feralgeist 1

The BB is at ARM 23 in melee *and* comes back, and the Warspears threaten 16" RAT 9 PS 19 shots maximally, and 10" RAT 9 PS 19 assault + MAT 11 PS 19 charges. The Feralgeist is there to be shot by the BB for optimal aoe placement, and Thags and the Succubus drop Spiny Growth on as many warspears as is reasonable (making them ARM 22 vs. Melee).

Next step is dropping the geist and Succubus to play in theme and add two max pots for screening.
>>
>>46017630
I don't know if they'll nerf shadow pack itself or just change it on her, but I honestly don't think it would even affect eKaya nearly as badly anyways. She's already quite capable of getting the alpha, it's not like she needs stealth to get in.
>>
on a scale of kill yourself to 10, how playable is my first 15 pt list?

Reznik
2x Vigilant
Choir
Hierophant
Holy Zealots (5 pt)
Knights Exemplar (5 pt)
>>
>>46018868
Really bad m8.
First of all, you shouldn't start off playing all lightjacks (with the possible exception if you play cryx).
Secondly, vigilants neither benefit from reznik, nor benefit from him.
I recomend a reckoner and a devout for the battlegroup. Both are good with Reznik, and will see plenty of play outside of him.
Maybe something like this:

Reznik
devout
reckoner
choir
hierophant (or vassal of menoth)
holy zealots
>>
>>46018052
Make it a non upkeep spell that cost 2
>>
>>46019719
>making it immune to upkeep removal
EIDF detected.
just replace it with occulatation
>>
>>46019078
I figured the vigilant have good synergy since their immune to blast and give anything b2b immune to blast as well which will work well when Reznik makes a wrack. Granted I've never played a single game yet so maybe I'm counting on that too much
>>
How viable are pure gatormen? BloodyB looks sick and I like their aesthetic more than any other hordes faction
>>
>>46017260
>>46017340
I just think shes a poorly designed caster. Shes no fun to play, no fun to play against, is very vulnerable to dice swings and the feat is very much an autopilot thing

>>46017525
I agree, I think removing or changing shadowpack will open up quite a few plays
>>
>>46020211
Do you mean with or without croaks? Cause Blindwater can be pretty solid with them.
>>46018868
>No heavy jacks
>two min units of infantry
Don't play this please.
>>
>>45990543
Halberdiers on feat turn can wreck a heavy. Can. And not a menoth heavy. Basically make sure they can all charge and hit over each other and you aiyanna the target. You know what, fuck it. Just bog them down and assassinate.
>>
>>46019787

Making it not an upkeep means she has to cast it every turn, and the Succubus can't cast if for free. Which means that if Lylyth2 wants to cast the new Shadow Pack, she only has three fury left over, at which point casting Pin Cushion, Wraithbane, or buying attacks becomes extremely risky and impossible to do all three at once.
>>
>>46027254
The thing is, is that she either feats and kills anything that threatens her army or feats and kills your caster. In both cases, Shadow Pack not required.
>>
>>46027254
>extremely risky and impossible to do all three at once.

I don't see a problem
>>
>>46021905
No staying power?

Nothing inately wrong with light jacks though?
>>
when's the new SR document gonna drop?
>>
>>46030951
At/before Lock & Load this summer. I think it's kinda silly to have your yearly document drop in the middle of summer, but whatev
>>
>>46030012
Menoth has some of the best heavy jacks in the game. Reckoner is good and Vanquisher is great for setting things on fire with Witch Hound, practically ensuring that your battlegroup won't be hit by magic
>>
>>46030012
Also you picked the most pillowfisted light jacks in the faction.
>>
Don't know if I should continue practicing denny3 or take a break and play scaverous today
>>
>>46034300
What list do you play with Denny3? When do you use the feat? Do you save it for an assassination or do you use it early to get the soul train rolling?
>>
>>46034795
My current list is:
Denny3
Skarloc
Helldiver x4
Wrong eye + snapjaw
Nyss
Douglé
WSC
Ragmang
Soul trappers x2
Min McThralls
Surgeon x2
Bokor

Shes mostly for cygnar and other things gaspy2 isnt a slam dunk into. Depends on what I'm playing tho. Generally I save the feat for the assasination, unless I'm able to get souls.
>>
File: IMG_20160312_192415.jpg (1MB, 1944x2592px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160312_192415.jpg
1MB, 1944x2592px
My Kallus list I havent lost with yet. He's fucking awesome.

Kallus
Blightbringer
Max warspears and ua
Min warspears and ua
Max croaks
Max Legionnaires and ua
Spawning vessel

Criticism? I'm paired with vayl2 out of tier atm with, Zuriel and croaks.
>>
>>46031307
Well, they're planning to make that the yearly time for such things. Makes some sense, since they can line everything up around their main convention.
>>
>>46035259
Did you paint that BB? If so, what is your recipe for the stony plates?
>>
>>46035228
What can denny3 do into cygnar?
especially the current tournament stomping lists, like haley2 and haley3 ??
>>
>>46036224
Not die, bully the zones late game.

Its very scenario dependant. In a live scenario its almost impossible to kill denny and haley2 has no place to hide from the divers.

Its much harder versus haley3, if she has alexia 1. However, the haley3 player cant kill denegrah. That match up comes down to player skill desu. I don't think cryx has an answer to haley3.
>>
here's my first two battlegroups guys. I've gotten every one to paint to teach my friends the game and also for painting practice/display (except ret their jacks are literally ugly).
>>
>>46036339
What does Alexia bring that D3 can't handle though?
Are Helldivers merely because they can't be damaged?
Why not any other WJs, just to mess around with the opponent?

I don't like the dougal trick, it's cheap.
2 surgeons?
can't necrotechs repair denny like other battle engines?
>>
>>46037400
Alexia can make scourge cost 8

Helldivers are impossible to kill, and will always have the proper slam angle. Additionally they can hunt for utility pieces (menoth flag) if they need to.

Other jacks cant roam the field with impunity.

The surgeons are for the McThralls who are the late game plan. I find most people ignore the 17/23.

I'd consider dropping dougle and second surgeon for a arc node, but they both really end up pulling their own weight
>>
>>46035879
>Did you paint that BB? If so, what is your recipe for the stony plates?
I painted it. Plates are dryad bark washed in nuln oil then dryad bark again then progressively adding white and some snake bite leather into the mix until I get the right level. Lots of layers, shrug.
>>
>>46037895
Thanks - I love the look of them.
>>
>>46035259
thats a sexy looking BB.
>>
Hey could you guys give me a some advice on teaching the game to people?

I have a friend who has just gotten into it, and I have only been playing for about a year or so. Our lgs is holding a tournament next month (standard 2 50pt lists) and the expected turnout is around 50-60 people. My friend just got 2 competetive cryx lists put together (ghaspy2 and denny1). He knows the essentials of the game, and is starting to get familiar with his faction, but he needs a lot of practice to be ready for a competetive scene. Problem is I don't know anything about how to play cryx, so I can only show him some general tricks for competetive play. I understand a big part of getting good is experience, but is there anything he should know about his lists when we practice tomorow?
>>
>>46039456
It's the mentality. Dice is irrelevant. Game could always be played better
>>
>>46039456
I guess good news for him is that any troglodyte can play Cryx well. Even if he's new there's not much for tactics with "push banes forward".
Thread posts: 172
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.