[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Palladium Non-Troll Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 8

File: 1371058542024.jpg (267KB, 900x1165px) Image search: [Google]
1371058542024.jpg
267KB, 900x1165px
Rifts, Palladium Fantasy, TMNT and all the other related properties - vast, expansive games with tons of cool shit, despite their flaws.

If you're going to piss and moan about it being perfect, go away. And if you're going to piss and moan about it being totally unplayable, go join them.

>What books do you have and what are you looking for?

>Favourite book?

>House rules to make it work better?

>Vehicle creation rules?

>What's your campaign?
>>
>>45939916
>>Vehicle creation rules?
Is this a thing?
>>
>>45940002
I think Road Hogs and Rifts Australia has them.
>>
>>45940018

Also:

mutants down under, mutants in orbit, fleets of the three galaxies, sourcebook 1 has robot creation rules, and Heroes Unlimited has a few versions of vehicle creation rules.
>>
>>45939916
>>What books do you have and what are you looking for?
All of them.
>>Favourite book?
Chaos Earth.
>>House rules to make it work better?
Play something else.
Nope.
>>What's your campaign?
Ded.
>>
Alignments (House Rule):

Any character can write up a new alignment as long as they play it consistently. It has to be some kind of consistent set of values that applies to a real or fantasy character. Examples:

Alignment: Nationalistic (Selfish) - pick a group

>The character will always keep his word, will not harm, and will go out of his way to protect any member of that group. Anyone outside of that group is fair game to harm, betray or lie to.
>The character will always respond to any insult or attack on that group.
>The character will kill an unarmed foe of any other group
>The character will not lie, steal or kill for personal pleasure, but he will not hesitate to do so if the group's honour or reputation is at stake.
>The character will only cooperate with others if they are subservient or somehow aligned with his group

Alignment: Utilitarian (Good)

>The character will aim to take the side that he estimates will help the largest number of sentient beings
>The character will lie, cheat, steal or kill as long as the benefits are greater than the harms.
>The character does not have any particular aversion to fighting armed or unarmed foes, as long as the benefits are greater than the pain of whoever is harmed.
>The character will always try and accomplish his goals with the least amount of harm, given any alternatives.
>The character has no aversion to lying or dishonesty as long as it brings sufficient benefit.
>The character will never lie, steal, or kill for personal pleasure alone, but only for some other specific benefit.
>The character will cooperate with anyone, good or evil, if it creates more benefit than harm.
>>
>>45940896
>Play something else.

>Thinks you can play Palladium games at all without having to houserule anything
>>
Pic dump:
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>45939916
>>What books do you have and what are you looking for?
Many of the Rifts, TMNT and ATB books. Plus N&SS.

>>Favourite book?
Atlantis and the original After the Bomb.

>>House rules to make it work better?
Revised the attribute charts to make them actually meaningful below 18. Simplified the skills list.

Nope, not really interested beyond descriptions.

>>What's your campaign?
After the Bomb Boston.
>>
>>45942890
>Revised the attribute charts to make them actually meaningful below 18. Simplified the skills list.

It seems like d20's attribute progression charts would probably work as well or better than anything in Palladium for that, with some tweaks for overly useful and less useful attributes (PP having a slightly slower progression, PS having a faster one)
>>
>>45939916
>Palladium Non-Troll Thread

Without the trolls, it's just a very slow picture thread.

Savage Rifts when precisely?
>>
>>45944763
Going by Palladium's standard production schedule, GenCon 2018.
>>
>>45944763

At least it can have some interesting pictures.

I feel like the Northern Gun books have set a slightly higher standard on new mech/PA designs, despite the high degree of "HALO ripoff with an animal head" to some of them.
>>
>>45944854
>that pic
>I saw that you liked cannons so I put a cannon in your cannon and another cannon on top so that you can cannon while you cannon

At least it's not the penis-cannon-bot from Rifts Sourcebook One.
>>
File: My hat is guns.jpg (69KB, 464x534px) Image search: [Google]
My hat is guns.jpg
69KB, 464x534px
>>45945289
>>I saw that you liked cannons so I put a cannon in your cannon and another cannon on top so that you can cannon while you cannon

I mean, that pretty much describes every Rifts robot since the beginning, doesn't it?
>>
>>45945460
Yes it does.

>Giant Mecha with his little buddy Mini Giant Mecha at his side.
>>
>>45945573
So you can't play a Rifts robot if it doesn't have enough cannons?
>>
>>45947331

You could, but what would be the point?

It's not "Rifts" unless there's 6 guns, a handheld railgun and mini-missiles on every other limb.
>>
>>45947428
True enough, but it'd be nice to get some hugging arms alongside all those other arms.

And the Sourcebook 1 creation rules are a real pain in the neck.
>>
File: NG-Trainz.jpg (601KB, 1779x1464px) Image search: [Google]
NG-Trainz.jpg
601KB, 1779x1464px
>What books do you have and what are you looking for?

Pretty much every Rifts and Robotech ones, looking to get Northern Gun 2 sometime.

>Favourite book?

Triax and the NGR

>House rules to make it work better?

The Initiative rules from here

http://www.temporalnexus.net/multiverse/hosted_sites/rifts-rpg/adv/initiative.html

>Vehicle creation rules?

Buh?

>What's your campaign?

New settlement and survey team setting up a new hovertrain system across the American southwest
>>
>>45947525
>And the Sourcebook 1 creation rules are a real pain in the neck.

Depends on your goal - if you want to abuse the hell out of the "extra limbs = extra attacks per melee" rules, it can be a goldmine. On the other hand, doing that would kind of make you a dick.
>>
>>45947679
It's also a bit unclear when, even if, attributes are rolled.
>>
>>45947923

Inconsistent rules in a Palladium book?

NEVER.
>>
Houserule:

PS determines how heavy a weapon you can use.

PE determines how heavy the armor is you can wear.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.