[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sunken Angels: Call Me Ishmael Edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 3

File: 1457564927374.jpg (2MB, 3508x2480px) Image search: [Google]
1457564927374.jpg
2MB, 3508x2480px
This is a thread to fluff up the Sunken Angels, a /tg/ homebrew chapter inspired by the Rime of the Ancient Mariner, Moby Dick, and old grizzled sailors.
Here's what we rolled in the last thread.

>Crusade
>Birth of the Imperium
>Dark Angels
>Pure Geneseed
>Swift as the Wind demeanour
>Chief Librarian
>Killed some Orkies
>Feral Ocean World
>Direct rule
>Codex Adherant
>Armored Assault
>Revere the Primarch
>Understrength
>Ally= Adaeptus Mechanicus
>enemy= Spores of Madness

https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Sunken_Angels

These guys are basically Star Krakens without the Viking Big Daddies, or the Black Locks but taken seriously and without pirate themes.
>>
>>45935202
Last thread: >>45903634
Some discussion starters, as per usual.
>How does being first founding affect them?

>How does being Dark Angels affect them?

>What is their origin?

>Can we Please give them a less goofy name?

>What is their warcry?

>Why are they allies with the Mechanicus?

>How does being allies with the Mechanicus affect them?

>How did they first create a bitter rivalry with the Ork menace? What about chaos?

>Who is their chapter master?

>What's the story with their figure of legend?

>Do they ever push the limits of being codex compliant or are they very much so about the rules?

>What's their homeworld like?

>What of their fleet?

>What's their fortress monastery like?

>What's their combat doctrine like? Do they follow the codex to the letter and use STEHL REHN or have they homebrewed a few stratagems?

>What influences are prevalent in the chapter, other than scrimshawin', tattooed, peglegged, bearded Ancient Mariner?

>How do we balance said influences so they don't become silly or retarded?

>What's chapter demeanour like?

>What are some notable facets of their chapter culture?

>What do other Imperial forces think of them?

>What do they think of other imperial forces?

>Who are their allies outside the Mechanicus?

>What's their relation with the the Dark Angels?

>What's life like for a serf of this chapter?
>>
>>45935202
Kinda reminded of the long ignored Abyssal Jaws.
>>
>>45935370
Weren't they just Carchodons?
>>
>>45935388
Not quite, though they shared similarities.
>>
>>45935202
Bump
>>
>>45935271
>Can we give them a less goofy name?

Pfft no, their name is fucking awesome
>>
File: 788px-SK_Line.png (329KB, 788x600px) Image search: [Google]
788px-SK_Line.png
329KB, 788x600px
>>45935202
>a /tg/ homebrew chapter inspired by the Rime of the Ancient Mariner, Moby Dick, and old grizzled sailors.

so Star Krakens?
>>
>>45938658
No, star Krakens are Viking Big Daddies.

They have water in common.
>>
I love when /tg/ complains about Space Wolves and their wolf riding werewolves with wolf claws, but then goes and creates super gimmicky homebrew chapters like the underwater scuba marines with mermen serfs (more like SURFS)
>>
>>45938703
>Star Krakens chapter master was Achab
>The Mariner, captain of the Albatross

seems pretty close
I might just be mad this thread popped up at the same time I had an idea for oceanic marines
>>
>>45938750
Here's an idea anon.

Instead of bitching help tone back the ridiculous shit like Power Anchors and Turbine Packs.

Lord knows I'm trying to balance things out. Just looks at Hua Yuan or the Sanguine Shields. I think they strike a pretty safe balance.
>>
>>45938767
>Achab
As do the Black Locks. It's like /tg/ knows only one nautical literary figure.

Also what's the Albatross?
>>
>>45939013
>>
>>45941371
>>45939013
Albatross is a ship that's captained by a crazy man

It's on the 1d4chan page
>>
>Star Krakens will never get un-fucked and go back to that good shit they started out as

It hurts
>>
>>45941525

We can still have them be good. Just remove the wankery-page and they're a solid concept, removed from the faggotry.
>>
>>45941525
>>45941706
It looks like most of the legacy page for the Star Krakens got unfucked, but it's still missing a fair bit.
>>
>>45935202
Looking at the brief overview you've given I'd say they're more like the early American navy than anything else.
>>
>>45942757
That's the thought. But let's not overdo it make a goofy pop-eye chapter. These are no-Fun allowed Dangels.

>>45941525
How do we unfuck them? How did they get fucked?

How can we steer clear of fucking these guys?
>>
>>45942173
What's it missing? I can try and drum up stuff from memory/saved threads
>>
>>45942830
Huginn and Muninn are still messed up, the Lighthouse and the SK's battle barge are still conflated, and some of the later stuff about the Grendel and their other enemies is missing.

>>45942827
The SK's main problem was some namefags trying to outdo each other with the captains. The SK's were actually unfucked in the threads themselves, but some people kept messing with the 1d4chan page for long after things were changed.

As for the Sunken Angels, the early American Navy was small and couldn't compete by numbers with any of the other naval powers so the their frigates were based around the concept of a razee, which was a ship that was designed larger then the number of decks cut down. This resulted in the frigates being faster, more stable, and heavier armed than a non-razee ship of equal tonnage. They worked best engaging equal or lesser ships one-on-one.
>>
>>45943204
What about whaling? These guys seem to be based on old whalers as well.

How can we introduce these influences along side the Dark Angels stuff without going full ham?
>>
BUUUUMP
>>
>>45944910
Void whales are a thing.
>>
>>45948466
Bullshit, seriously?
>>
>>45948503
http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Void_Whale
>>
>>45949034

I wouldn't want to include them in the Star Kraken's shit. These guys fuck up threats to the Imperium, not go around hunting space whales.

Void Whales only got a notable mention when they ate a whole WAAAGH in one of the Ork Codex illustrations.
>>
Didn't we do this already.

https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Star_Krakens
>>
File: file.png (561KB, 800x900px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
561KB, 800x900px
>>45952590
I'm pretty sure we did that concept at least twice with the Abyssal Jaws
>>
>>45952590
>>45952641
>These comments again

Abyssal Jaws are Carcadons Lite, and the Star Krakens are Big Daddy vikings.

These guys are old grizzled sailors/whalers. Except they hunt specific Chaos warbands and Orks.

The thought behind these threads is that fluff is added to them to make them unique.
>>
What kinda combat do they use
>>
>>45954153
Maybe you should read the thread, m8t
>>
خرة
>>
>>45953365
Star Krakens also have "grizzled sailors" as their shtick. The hunting of specific Chaos warbands points more to an Age of Sail theme, particularly privateers.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.