[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Has your GM ever caused to you to feel in a game before?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 6

File: Born to feel.jpg (109KB, 608x800px) Image search: [Google]
Born to feel.jpg
109KB, 608x800px
Has your GM ever caused to you to feel in a game before?
>>
File: 1419584634610.jpg (13KB, 212x255px) Image search: [Google]
1419584634610.jpg
13KB, 212x255px
>>45923455
Yes.

Feel awesome.
Feel sad.
Feel depressed.

Of course the worst was when my character wound up depressing enough in character that I started getting depressed out of character and had to stop playing
>>
>be biracial
>haven't had much contact with police outside of DARE, got pulled over for a traffic violation once
>make a tiefling with a human father
>get racially profiled by town guards
>>
>>45923892
From the outside, that's kind of funny.
>>
>>45923455
no I'm always the GM
>>
>>45926288
I certainly thought so. Didn't make it not feely
>>
Yeah. In deathwatch. Five year campaign. Enslaver Space hulk.... I'm the last remaining original member of the kill team.....It still hasn't really hit me yet
>>
>>45923455
Dumb Wojak poster
>>
>>45923455
Yes, I've played Dread and my imaginary father died in it. I was depressed for about a week and didn't want to talk about it for years! Also some other Indie games that I cannot remember but involve introspective shit.
>>
Yeah. Got invited to a village festival after we killed an ankheg in the local fields.
The GM actually brought out his old 5 string banjo and we all sang songs we knew from when we were growing up. We ate an all-meat dinner with meatbread, porkchops, a couple mutton legs, cheap wine, and spinach noodles packed with ground chicken. After we had our fun and laughs we came back to the game and decided we all passed out happily in the inn's basement. When we awoke we heard nothing. No footsteps above, no talking, no sound besides our breathing. We head upstairs and find what we thought was our village. What we find is that the Ankheg was not alone and it's queen and drones came through the town while we were knock-out drunk in the only safe spot in town. The place was covered in blood and half-buried and eaten corpses of every villager in town. You can predict how we reacted.
>>
>>45923455
Very passionate GM would describe poetic death of characters and it always gave me feels and sometimes made me choke up.
>>
>>45923608
bro... I thought I was the only one who went WAY to method for a fucking rpg. I was sad at my imaginary friends funeral

though It was kinda interesting, like our campaign has been going on and off for near 3 years and some of us have used it to work through some shit. I'd normally think that was wanky and self indulgent but we're in a feels thread which is all about that.

then there's that guy who always switches characters and forces the plot along. Then complains about how his characters don't get any screen time. FUCK YOU DOOD no one is invested in your Dante knockoffs! our favorite bartender had more of a meaningful arc than you.
>>
File: how I gm.jpg (160KB, 660x625px) Image search: [Google]
how I gm.jpg
160KB, 660x625px
>>45926301
Sometimes I get jealous of how happy the characters get so I kill an NPC and the players feel feels.

...I'm not proud of this
>>
>>45927802
Yeah. We were playing a group of loyalists trying to survive Istvaan III. We killed the leader of a group of ECs trying to find us, and I took his fancy sword, and asked the GM about it. In his description the GM revealed the swords original bearer had been trying to do the right thing, and that all he'd ever wanted was to be a hero and help the people of the Imperium. Suprisingly feelsy.
>>
>>45928047
Did not mean to reply there. My bad.
>>
>>45928041
This from Coyote Gospel?
>>
File: 1445927838003.jpg (835KB, 986x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1445927838003.jpg
835KB, 986x1000px
Played a character who kept trying to do the right thing but due to his motto of being nice to everyone, he kept fucking EVERYTHING up and making it worse. Campaign was about a year long and the more time that passed, the more depressed he got as he slowly began to realize that he was just one giant screwup, almost took his own life once in a fit of sadness.
>>
>>45928041
sounds like my DM
He just recently killed off a sentient mushroom that was a party mascot.
even I got feels for that and my character had wanted to eat him originally.
>>
We're playing a post apoc game and DM has got me worried for real about my baby in-game. So far I've been doing well but he really rolled out all kinds of rules and conditions to properly taking care of it, having it die just by my own lack of being able to provide adequate care has been a huge risk, let alone the usual dangers of living in a post apoc setting as a young woman with a baby.

I've lost sleep over it, I don't know why but this has been really getting to me. I won't be able to take it well if something does happen. I wish I had someone competent in game I could trust or rely on, or even just to provide help or protection, it keeps getting more difficult and I'm not always sure what to do.
>>
>>45923455
>Playing Numenera
>Jack rides the bolts
>In game bro (out of game friend) Glaive
>Parents killed by Amber Pope
>Figure it out eventually
>Final boss fight Pope summons giant metal titan
>Break through shield
>Use previously implanted arm that turns into super-liquid to destroy titan
>Massive explosion
>Bro finds barely conscious, semi-lifeless me
>"What should we do now?"
>"Finish this"
>Previously raised army and brother lead reverse inquisition
>Awake after weeks of recuperation to a burnt landscape
>"I finished it brother..."
>>
>>45929121
>I don't know why
it's only natural, that's probably why. I enjoy emotionally investing myself in stories because as another anon said, it's cathartic. But I don't think I'd care for children in a make-believe world because it would cross my leisure-stress threshold despite any 'father's love' bonus I might earn from doing so.
>>
File: Q_Q.gif (183KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
Q_Q.gif
183KB, 480x270px
>>45927525
Daaaaamn, son.
>>
Yes, but also everyone was super drunk at the time, which may have played into it.
>>
>>45928675

Begone from here, Doppelganger!
>>
>>45923455
Oh my, yes.

>kept in touch with my old high school gaming group.
>after talking about it for most of a year our old Shadowrun DM decides to run a game over skype.
>the glorious bastard actually still had our old character sheets in storage, 3rd edition shadowrun to be precise.
>update our characters, figure out what they've been up to the last 15 years in game.
>ironically that's the length of time since they last saw the light of day.
>game gets put on hold due to bad news from a player.
>bad news gets worse.
>the guy who played our mage passed away.
>we all agree in the end to go ahead and play the game anyway.
>game starts with the runners getting together and holding a wake for our passed mage comrade.
>not a dry eye to be found in or out of game.

Godspeed Jordan. You are missed.
>>
>>45927525
I do hope ankheg genocide ensued.
>>
>>45923455
Yes, pic related.
>>
Sometimes I get feels, sometimes I give my DM feels.
>Playing 4th Hill Dwarf Cleric
>5 man group in an old, abandoned shack
>Party goes to sleep one night
>Each person in a different room
>Party mascot is on watch duty
>DM throws high-level assassin in to cause problems for the party
>He knows characters will die
>Assassin instantly kills the party mascot while everyone is asleep
>Wake up, along with 2 others
>Characters get out of bed
>Assassin goes to Sorcresses room and 1 shots her with thrown dagger so quickly that she dies before she can scream. No death saves.
>Assassin kills her sleeping dog soon after
>Out of bed finally
>Know nothing is happening
>Walk outside room at the same time the fighter does
>Assassin kills the fighter in 1 turn
>Fire attack, crit miss
>Assassin nearly 1 shots my Cleric. Poison resistance saves me.
>Assassin kills the still sleeping wizard in 1 shot, who is 12 levels higher than the rest of the group
>Cleric is the only survivor

Part 1/2
>>
This was in my first campaign.
>Playing 2e Half-Elf Wizard
>On adventure to kill a mummy that we accidentally let loose
>On our way to mystical library to get potion to weaken mummy lord
>Get attacked by hyena pack on the way
>Me and Dwarf Fighter pal (Homies for life in game and out) kick some ass with party
>Hyena pack leaders turn
>DM freezes
>Natural 20 on Dwarf Bro
>Maximum damage
>Dwarf Bro gets mauled to death and falls limp in front of me
>Blood everywhere
>In a fit of wizard rage, roll Natural 20 back on pack leader
>Shocking Grasp one shots it
>After battle, party starts to fight over douche thieves messing with half-Orc berserker and watch everyone start to fight each other
>Bury Dwarf Bro as the party dukes it out
That encounter fucked up my wizard hard.
>>
>>45932331
>DM is surprised anyone lived
>Other players just in shock that DM would actually do this
>Cleric wakes up
>Finds everything of value has been stolen
>Sees fighter, his best friend, is dead before him
>Checks other rooms for survivors
>All dead
>Devastated
>Sees that Assassin did not steal the shovel our party had
>Spend entire day digging graves for each party member
>Players watch as I have my Cleric give little speeches for each player he buries, reminiscing on the good things about each PC and their goals
>Players are even sadder
>DM actually feels like a dick
>Have my character give a proper funeral service for the party, attended only by himself
>Finish with Cleric retiring from adventuring and going back to his life on a ship, where he would live the rest of his life out (200 years) after watching all his friends die so mercilessly

Part 2/2
>>
>>45928484
It's from Morrison's Animal Man, which is also where Coyote Gospel's from.
>>
>>45932331
shit GM detected
>>
>>45932331
>>45932520
>DM actually feels like a dick
Sounds like there's good reason for that. What exactly is the point of just unloading an absurdly-powerful assassin on the players as they sleep? How is that fun for anybody?
>>
>>45923455
Anger.
Anger's a feeling right?
Yes.
I have felt much anger.
>>
>>45927525
You got Chrono Cross'd.
>>
One of my players once broke down and yelled "EVEN WHEN WE WIN, WE LOSE"
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.