[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>look at my new homebrew setting anon! >setting is incredible,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4

>look at my new homebrew setting anon!
>setting is incredible, amazing intrigue hooks, 10/10 countries or whatever, a unique and well thought out approach to magic
>wow, so who do we get to be?
>Oh! We're using Pathfinder. You can be a Mighter(Ha ha thats what we fall fighters in my setting) or a Danger(Lol its like a ranger) or a Blard, or a Zcleric, etc etc etc
>and for the sake of simplicity it's all about slots again :DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

Why does DnD/PF have to kill everything it touches?
>>
None of that has to do with Dungeons and Dragons or Pathfinder, and everything to do with the lowest common denominator and lack of creativity.
>>
>>45861487
Because, OP, they are jealous gods that do not tolerate creativity or competition in their realm beyond that which they desire.
>>
>>45861487
Is it OK to use common class concepts if we add unique mechanics to them? Like making rangers a D8 HD Full AB class with bonuses to sneak attacks and surprise rounds?
>>
File: image.jpg (63KB, 540x720px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
63KB, 540x720px
>>45861487
Next time, on "Stories that Anon made up"
Just say you don't like how often people use PF/3.X
>>
File: 3d3.jpg (388KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
3d3.jpg
388KB, 1280x720px
>>45861487
Because most people who play RPGs know how to play it, which makes it the most common denominator, which in turn makes it what most people who know RPGs know how to play, which makes it the most common denominator.
On and on, forever.
I guarantee you people will pick the most common opinion/affiliation/method over the correct eight times out of ten, and the ninth person will be a contrarian.
>>
>>45861559

No really, my buddy came up with a really top tier setting. He's really talented. Lazy though, I once sent one of his short stories to a magazine and they published it. They told him that his work has a future in publishing and he was like "thats cool" and went back to flipping burgers at mickey d's and fucking his fat gf who discourages his creative ventures by henpecking him to impregnate her :(
>>
>>45861614

So... still not clear on how d20 mechanics are ruining your friend's campaign.

Is it because he's making up new class names? Because that's still not part of Pathfinder.
>>
>>45861487
tfw mostly play GURPS and everything just goes fine with most settings.
>>
>>45861559

Where the fuck do you guys keep getting these photos of greek statues?
>>
>>45861487
dumb frogposter
>>
>>45861614
>fucking his fat gf who discourages his creative ventures by henpecking him to impregnate her

HERE IS WHAT YOU OF NEEDING TO DO ANON. THIS IS GREAT TECKNIKE I AM LEARNING OF KGB.

FIRST YOU ARE GETTING OF BURGER AND FISHINGS POLE. PUT HOOK IN BURGER AND LEAVE IN FRONT OF HOUSE OF LAND WHALE. LURE LAND WHALE INTO ALLY WITH BURGER THEN OF SMACKINGS BACK OF HEAD WITH STOCK OF AK-74M. YOU WILL BE OF NEEDING COMRADES FOR LIFTING OF LAND WHALE INTO TRUCK.

NEXT YOU ARE GO TO HOME OF PIG FARMER YOU MAKING COMRADES WITH PREVIOUSLY. HE WILL OF UNDERSTANDINGS SCORE IF WORK WITH KGB PREVIOUS AND WILL NOT BE HOME. GO TO BARN AND USING OF TREE SAW TO CUT LAND WHALE INTO MANAGABLY PIECES.

NEXT YOU ARE OF GETTING WOODCHIPPER AND POINTING NOZZLE AT PIG PEN. NOW YOU MAY BE OF ASKINGS, WHY WOULD PIG EAT SOW? WELL IS SIMPLE: PIG IS STUPID AND ALWAYS OF HUNGRY. CANNOT TELLING OF DIFFERENCE BETWEEN IT OWN KIND. SO NOW THAT IS OF CLEARING UP, YOU ARE FEEDING OF LAND WHALE PIECES INTO WOOD CHIPPER. PIGS OF EATINGS ALL EVIDENCE, THEN YOU ARE HOSE OUT INSIDE OF CHIPPER.

GO HOME AN TELLINGS OF COMRADE THAT LAND WHALE IS RUN AWAY BECAUSE HE NOT IMPREGNATE HER.
>>
>>45862602
search/post one of them on /a/
you'll understand soon enough
>>
>>45861487
>Danger
>anger
what did he mean by this?
>>
>>45862904
MUCH HAIL OF KGB

THANK YOU FOR TEACHINGS US OF TECKNIKE
>>
>>45861487
Tell us about his setting, OP
>>
>>45861487
>So in my setting martials are more powerful than wizards, you know, like European and Greek Mythos with shit like Hercules, Beowulf, Sigurd, etc
>Sounds nice
>Yep, we're using 3.PF Core Only, because, wizards only get strong if you allow stuff out of core, with Core only Clerics, Wizards and Druids are weak as fuck
>...and for the martials?
>No, they're strong the way they are, I just capped casters by allowing core only
I 360ยบ noscope moonwalked away so fast of that
>>
>>45863173
Magic is gay tho :^)
>>
>>45863199
I prefer to be gay and alive having the most wonderful life ever accomplishing anything I seek and having all I want than manly and die choking on my own blood, feces and piss without accomplishing shit.
>>
>>45863229
I'd rather die and be proud of my accomplishments than live knowing I'm a fraud.
>>
>>45863282
>proud of my accomplishments
As a martial in 3.PF? so nothing?
>>
>>45863173
core is gay, DSP only
>>
>>45863173
Pick a druid, make him cry.
>>
>>45862602
Don't have them on me, but my college hosted an exhibit called "Immortales"
Greek/Roman busts everywhere
>>
Fun Fact:

Anyone who says their homebrew setting is well written, is a fucking retard.
>>
>>45864108
What happens if I admit my campaign setting is shitty and underdeveloped?
>>
>>45864182
You have reached Nirvana anon-sempai
>>
>>45862904
Thanks, circumsoldier.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.