[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Giant Blacksmith

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 8

You are a giant

A Giant that's really good at tinkering and building shit from scratch

You and your people have a massive Scrap yard where you've made a deal with the humans to take their junk.

The junk ranges from various construction tools, vehicles, car parts, etc

You catch word of Goblins having joined forces with some Ogres and some enslaved Trolls and they are marching on your village as part of their war path into the human cities.

What do you build to outfit you and your village for the upcoming assault as you have to wait for the humans to mount up and ge there to back you up.

For particulars, you and your people are roughly 15 feet tall and fairly muscular and powerful sorts similar in shape to regular humans and are pretty resiliant even without armor.

The Trolls are equvilent size and the Ogres only slightly smaller at around 8 to 10 feet and the largest. The Trolls are animalistic and have to be lead into battle where they are let loose to slaughter and eat until they are called back by their handlers.
>>
How big/strong am I?

Make a giant scythe to literally reap death among the ranks of the army.

Wear armor so thick spears can't pierce it.

Gang up with more giant buddies and wreck the armies. No one fucks with my allies.
>>
File: Giant_Blacksmith.jpg (75KB, 720x405px) Image search: [Google]
Giant_Blacksmith.jpg
75KB, 720x405px
>>45787180

Seeing as you're the blacksmith you'd be pretty strong and probably around max hight which tops as 15 feet (but you're 17 cuz you're big and strong)
>>
>>45787664
Alright. So lets build some outer-spiked shields, and heavy armorments.
>>
>>45787704

With very little effort you've wrenched the jagged metal plates from your junk yard, bits and pieces formally being part of the trailers of big rigs.

You weld into place various spikes out of the scraps and reinforce the structure with some I beams torn down from a few buildings.

Roll a d20 to see how well your structure holds up

I didn't intend it to be a quest but fuck it, let's see how far this trainwreck goes
>>
Rolled 19 (1d20)

>>45787771
>>
File: Shovel_model_BOII.png (387KB, 1685x851px) Image search: [Google]
Shovel_model_BOII.png
387KB, 1685x851px
>What do you build to outfit you and your village for the upcoming assault as you have to wait for the humans to mount up and ge there to back you up.
Shovels.

No seriosouly, giant metal shovels. They are by far the most flexible weapon for a giant, especially a large one.

You've got the blade for slicing, but the sides for smashing or tossing smaller enemies away in wide sweeps. Lob boulders like a dozen siege machines from a single toss, literally bury your foes alive in a hailstorm of debris, or rip up castles by the foundations. If you have any puny allies you can easily dig a trench, moat, or an earth emplacement for them in an instant or shield them with the giant blade.

A nice long weapon with a wide blade perfect for parrying anything that comes your way.
>>
>>45787788
>Rolled 19 (1d20)

Noice

>Under the deft skill of your hammer and forge the junk is made anew, maybe stronger if that's possible as your spike wall takes shape. Your fellow villagers pitch in heaving the walls into place and driving the spikes that will hold the struts down in the earth. You think to your self that a finer wall couldn't have been built, but dirty goblins don't just die to a wall. What do you arm your village with ?

>Roll a d20 to search your Junk yard for materials to build weapons with.
>>
How much time do we have?
Are my people warriors or just civillians?
If so spears/polearms
>easy to train a militia to fight with
>relatively easy to manufacture en masse (I do a shit ton of blades and each giant can attach it to a long pole)

Also some kind of fortification like sandbags or tires if available with some spikes protunding from them to discourage a charge
Claptrops, claptrops everywhere. Ask my people to bend small wires into L shapes and then weld them and deploy them EVERYWHERE.
The big ones can be taken care of by our fuckhuge spears backed up by giants.
The goblins are more tricky since they are much harder to fight and one passing throught the first line with a bomb is a death sentence. Hence the claptrops.
As sidearms everyone has to collect a short-ish piece of metal that they can swing around quickly and some rubber/leather. Crudely sharpen the things, hammer a handle and apply some bindings and, bam, instant "small"swords. The bad edge can be solved by my people being able to put a lot of strenght behind the hit.
Worst come to worst, a tower shield made from a flattened car to go full legionaire with the smallswords or Thermopilae with the spears.
Again, the biggest (heh) problem here are the small goblins but then again we only have to hold the line until reinforcements arrive, right? Because i can't think of a way to handle a threat that small with our limited resources without compromising our front lines. Gasoline bombs maybe? Do we have access to some thickening agent for the gasoline?
Flamethrowers being a possibility would be sweet.
Imagine two giants manning a giant pump while other holds a firehose shooting jellied fuel at the enemy. Then someone throws a molotov cocktail.
>>
Rolled 14 (1d20)

>>45787870
Find scrap for Halberds
>>
>>45787854

It's generally assumed they have basic tools such as shovels and hammers suitably sized for them of course. They can be hardened into weapons

>A d20 with a -5 penalty

Or you can try to forge some built for combat

>>45787878
As it currently stands you have 2 weeks roughly to prepare for their arrival but this is an estimate as you are unsure of how fast they are moving.

While strong you and your people arn't exactly hardened warriors, mostly civilians good at junking and hunting and scavenging but your village has a good sized populated, around 300 men, women and children

>>45787893
I'll wait 5 min intervals for now for two more responses otherwise yours will be the choice to go for along with other options.
>>
>>45787771
Oh, was this a quest? My bad.

>Ask my people to find thick metal wire to make claptrop with.
>>
>>45787955
>Or you can try to forge some built for combat
I vote for the polearms too.
The choice of angry mobs and militia since the dawn of time.

How much time does each action takes? 1 day?
>>
>>45787979

This didn't start as a quest but fuck it if we don't run with it, don't know what the hell I'm doing either

>>45788024
As votes seem to be for the halbreds we'll go with that and on a d20 roll anything lower than 9 is a failure and 5 and below will be crit fails, 17 to 20 will be crit success because why not

>You and your people search through the junk yard and find a few salvageable crain shovel with only a few nicks in their blades as well as extra ibeams to form rudimentary halbreds. You won't have enough to outfit the entire village and the time taken to find and work on the weapons will take up an entire day given you enough battle ready halbreds to outfit 40 individuals.

That's day one of your 2 week prep time, what do you do next?
>>
Rolled 13 (1d20)

>>45788117
Bunker down at the local hill.
>>
Rolled 12 (1d20)

>>45788117
I am interested in the molotov cocktails, how much can we salvage from the cars?
>>
>>45788145

The terrain is as follows:

Your junk yard/village is settled in a rather large clearing butting up against a nearby moutain region. There is one main road which passes through your village and further up to the human city state and goes the other way towards the next set of city states. While you and your people are familiar with the hills and trails of the mountain you don't have enough material to build solid defenses as they went towards the wall on the main path and there are 3 paths that cut through the mountain of various difficulties so you can only fortify one

>>45788171
Most cars will have had their gas tanks properly emptied but you had one trader who dropped off his busted truck which, out of the 15 gallon gas tank has roughly 7 gallons of gas left in it plus your own fuel reserves for powering the village and the forge. You could turn this fuel towards that end or use it for incendiaries
>>
Rolled 5 (1d20)

>>45788299
Well then, Fortify that one hill up. Make trenches. Lay traps on the outer ridges, build down in tunnels for housing and fall back points and surround the place with spikes.
>>
File: CheekiBreeki_III.jpg (21KB, 328x328px) Image search: [Google]
CheekiBreeki_III.jpg
21KB, 328x328px
>>45788392
>Gets s crit fail.
This can only work out so well.
>>
>>45788299
>You could turn this fuel towards that end or use it for incendiaries
Let's play it safe and only use what's left after we are satisfied with our defenses. Making molotovs is piss-easy
Also do we have access to styrofoam? You know, the white stuff for packaging?
Because holy shit, you can make napalm by just disolving styrofoam in gasoline until it saturates. You learn something new every day.
>>
>>45788392

You set your people to work to fortify the pass you best believe the goblin forces would take if they go through the mountain and set traps along the way consisting of leaf spring bar traps and a few gravity traps (i.e. spiked wooden beams set to swing down on enemies)

As far as you and the others can tell they arn't getting through witout some serious hurting

>>45788437
>Super secret DM roll

You don't have any styrofoam on hand at the moment, the last of it being used up to ship some refurbished parts out of the village.

That's day 2 down what with most of it spent on the hill fortification. what next?
>>
Rolled 12 (1d20)

>>45788515
Begin digging and fight the hurting.
>>
>>45788515
>You don't have any styrofoam on hand at the moment
Damn, there is another method that produces shit-level thickened fuel is saturating it powdered sugar (The kind you get when you process normal sugar through mortar or something like that). If we don't have access to that then i am out of ideas.
Those small goblins are going to fuck us over if we don't find another way of dealing with them. And molotovs would be a waste of fuel for the effect that they would have.
>>
Barricades, layered. To limit enemies fought at once.
Traps - spikes, falling cars, heck - even barricade itself might fall after it is damaged. No explosions though - napalm/oil is great.

Weapons: balista - strategically positioned to pierce as many enemies as possible, arrows made in shape of anti-horse ones(half moon blade, wide - to mutilate, not kill).

Humans - Spears and shields - tower shields preferably. Douse Spears in filth, so even if enemy falls back - they will have trouble healing and fighting the diseased wounds.

Bows, arrows doused in filth too.

For giants -you have fee options
Ranged weapons, greatbows so powerful that they will pierce many enemies.
Long spear - so you can fight behind humans, protecting them from bigger threats.
Shield and sword/axe - to fight in Frontline, while humans have bows.
Zweihander - if you are berserk Frontline fighter. Go in slay group/priority target fall back behind shieldwall.

If gunpowder is available make one shot disposable guns. And some Damn good cannons.
>>
>>45788685
We should just consider battering the hatches and hold it down on the hill with all our valuables, and pretty much booby trap the entire town down with propelled spear pressure traps and all that wigwam for these little shits.
>>
>>45788685
>>45788666

>Super Secret DM roll

You wrack your brain thinking of a way to make use of your fuel supply. Fire is good but just using the fuel would be a waste. Suddenly you remember the bakery and ask the baker to give you all the brown sugar she's got. She's confused at first but gives you several hundred pounds worth (you are giants after all) and set to work building a trench, a bit shallow due to the hard ground but enough to make a not quit passable obstacle for when the time comes. You'll be able to cover the main gate but not much further than that.

Day 3 down, what's next on the agenda?
>>
Rolled 12 (1d20)

>>45788808
Dig the trenches deeper, next turn we should dig into the hill and manufacture some guns
>>
File: Like this.png (7KB, 249x355px) Image search: [Google]
Like this.png
7KB, 249x355px
>>45788808
YAS. Sugary death for goblinkind!

Put sharpened metal pipes as pungi sticks in the trenches. Whatever they use as shock troops is going to get fucked. We could aslo smear them in dung for the full Vietnam experience
>>
>>45788867
>>45789063

>super secret DM roll for resources

You set your people to task with what is shaping up to be your main defense other than your rock steady spike wall doing their best to dig in just slightly deeper and deep enough to make use of some rusty rhebar and iron beams with a good smatering of mountain goat shit and refuse from the village's septic tank for good measure. It stinks like shit but we were ready for it.

As for guns your options are a bit limited and you find yourself wracking your brain pretty damn hard to come up with a solution for ranged weapons. With some digging you dreg up 3 large canisters that are in so so shape but good enough to make air guns out of.

Roll to see how well you construct your tater gunz
>>
Rolled 11 (1d20)

>>45789150
>>
File: image.jpg (173KB, 640x914px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
173KB, 640x914px
>>45784933
>>
>>45789226

>While successful, one of the canisters wasn't as sturdy as the other two but what's usuable has been taken and used for the other two raising their quality up a tick. You've managed to fashion yourself a double barrel air powered turret, as far as ammunition goes you can make use of the various screws and other random assorted bits and peices of metal as shrapnel and one interprising individual brings up the idea of creating pipe bombs but you're not sure if it's a good idea given the quality

>i.e. if you crit fail when you have to fire it the canisters will burst

That's day 4 down you and the village are doing what you can but the stress of the situation is clearly visible and a few of the mothers are concerned for the safety of the children and ask you, as you seem to be the one taking charge what to do.
>>
Rolled 2 (1d20)

>>45789359
Train the child soldiers, anyone fit to haul small amounts of materials or set up traps are drafted.
Begin building up an underground complex for storing supplies
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6ikO6LMxF4
>Replace British with goblins.
>>
File: Come On Now.png (105KB, 733x537px) Image search: [Google]
Come On Now.png
105KB, 733x537px
>>45789425
Welp. There's probably going to be a revolt and desertee's.
>>
File: ch4caltrops.jpg (21KB, 584x456px) Image search: [Google]
ch4caltrops.jpg
21KB, 584x456px
>>45789359
Make a ton of these
>>
>>45789425

Oh boy....

There is a damn near revolt as you put forth the idea of putting the children out in danger along with the adults. Because of this the baker decides she and the others will take their chances and escape towards the human cities

>Super secret dm roll

While naturally concerned for the safety of their wives and children a good number of the men decide to stay entrusting the safety of the women to the older boys and some of the older males of the village so they give some of the halbreds and a few other materials for protection and to pay for room and board

You're fighting force is now down to 100 individuals, yourself included and there is a -1 penalty to resource checks.

That's day 5 and we'll call it for now but next time I'll come up with a more coheren story. In the mean time what's our damn name?
>>
Rolled 4, 7 = 11 (2d20)

>>45789611
Whitebirch.

Also, give a speech to attempt to make the deserters stay.
>>
>>45789663

That was the secret roll I'm afraid, any worst and you'd have less people to work with and defend your village.
>>
>>45788685
check for thick grease or tar to mix with fuel
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.